What's your type.?

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Poodle

What's your type.?

Post by Poodle »

I realised that I have a type. I have a softness for skill monkeys with some small power (although I don't build that way every time).

So... What's your type?
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: What's your type.?

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was curious as to why someone would be asking dating preferences by the tittle, but I should'e realized sooner. :lol:

I've built and played a wide gamut of characters, I can't say there's any one I favor more then others personally. My inspiration comes from everywhere at any given moment.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

My go-to character types tend to be:

- Martial Artists with a lean towards internal/defensive stylists (Aikido / Tai Chi / Baguazhang types).
- Flying Bricks, usually in the Captain Marvel (DC) vein.
- Characters who can shift between multiple forms, where each form has different strengths and weaknesses (In a Kamen Rider Kuuga / Ben 10 sort of way).
- Swashbuckling / Dashing swordsman type fencers.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 am- Swashbuckling / Dashing swordsman type fencers.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

For me there are two.

->Energy Controlers (not picky about energy controlled), if just love the combat versatility.

-> Paragons, though I have played more that were inhuman looking than "normal" square jawed types.

-> Though I have become found of shapeshifting scrappers, as my longest played PC is one.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

My type appears to be unlikable but well meaning jackasses ;~)
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I can also say what my type isn't.
I almost never play psionics.... A little too beardy for me. I also don't do battlesuits very often although I do like gadgeteers... Go figufe. I don't like paragons just because they are a little boring to me.. Oh another flying strong guy. I guess backstory makes a difference but meh..
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:35 am
Ares wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:17 am- Swashbuckling / Dashing swordsman type fencers.
INCONCEIVABLE!!!
I am not sure that word means what you think it does.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:44 pm My type appears to be unlikable but well meaning jackasses ;~)
But you play them so well! ;~)
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 pm For me there are two.

->Energy Controlers (not picky about energy controlled), if just love the combat versatility.

-> Paragons, though I have played more that were inhuman looking than "normal" square jawed types.

-> Though I have become found of shapeshifting scrappers, as my longest played PC is one.
I like the idea of shapeshifters but my experience is that GM's do not and it is hard not to steal the limelight because you are so useful in so many situations even if you are trying really hard not to.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Poodle wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:42 am
Tattooedman wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:18 pm For me there are two.

I like the idea of shapeshifters but my experience is that GM's do not and it is hard not to steal the limelight because you are so useful in so many situations even if you are trying really hard not to.
It helped I put a limit on the shapeshifting - he can't change his form from humanoid. That did a lot to help the GM's nervousness about the power.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I tend to go for the bouncy cheerful types with a side of crazy/odd. I find them much more fun than the grumpy gusses. :)

I also find that whatever I stat them up as, the dice gods laugh at me more often than not. Blaster type, can't hit the broadside of a barn at 2 paces. Tracker? Can't find her own toes. Skill monkey? Tanks intelligence rolls. Le sigh.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Story rich and mechanically effective.

My friends used to play a game called "what characters has Flynn played?" They gave up after they asked if I'd played an appliance and I told them of my time with The Defenders of the Countertop. A piece of the AllSpark brought several kitchen gadgets to life I was the Blender but the Toaster's ranged projectiles really stole the show.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'd that's at all true, you definitly need to grace eberyone with a write-up of that adventure. It sounds hilarious.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 pm I'd that's at all true, you definitly need to grace eberyone with a write-up of that adventure. It sounds hilarious.
Short version?