The Bat-Clan

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Davies

The Bat-Clan

Post by Davies »

Just some random thoughts that popped into my head recently. This depiction is not in line with the DCA depiction.
  • Dick has a higher Acrobatics, but Bruce has a higher Athletics.
  • Kate, surprisingly for the one who usually acts solo, is better at practicing small-unit tactics (Teamwork), but Bruce is better at developing them (Favored Environment [planned situations], Hero Point/Fiat "Of course I have a plan").
  • Barbara is better at Deception -- she kept her identity a secret from Bruce and Dick for several years! -- but Bruce is a Master of Disguise (as the talent power).
  • Jason has a better understanding of the streets (Expertise: Streetwise), but Bruce has a deeper knowledge of all of Gotham's other communities (Expertise: Academic, Expertise: Business, Expertise: Civics, Expertise: High Society, Expertise: Science)
  • Helena has a better Ranged Attack (though not as high as Green Arrow), but Bruce has a greater variety of Ranged effects.
  • Tim is, incredibly, better at Investigation, but Bruce has advantages in this area that the kid can't match (Contacts, Well-Informed).
  • Stephanie is, as the product of a home environment involving a guessing-game obsessed supervillain, better at Insight, but Bruce is better at using his ability to read people for tactical purposes (Assessment).
  • Cassandra has a higher Close Attack, but Bruce hits harder (Strength Damage).
  • Carrie is better at Technology, but Bruce has more experience with quickly assembling gear (Inventor).
  • Nobody, but nobody, has a higher Intimidation than the scary bat-god who lives in Bruce Wayne's head.
Oh, and Damien? Damien is four or five years old and being raised in total ignorance of his heritage by a family in Andorra.

And I have no idea what Betty's good at. Expertise: Tennis? Close Combat: Tennis Racket?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Re: The Bat-Clan

Post by Ken »

Damien is a sticky mess inside a used bat-prophylactic device.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
NoOneofConsequence

Re: The Bat-Clan

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

Davies wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:53 pm And I have no idea what Betty's good at. Expertise: Tennis? Close Combat: Tennis Racket?
If she were written well, her "never quit, no matter what" attitude and natural athletic talent.

But then I'm the sort of die hard classic Bat-Girl/Flamebird fan-dork who thinks the original Teen Titan series missed a golden opportunity to have an episode where Flamebird and Spoiler show up in Jump City as the world'd biggest Robin fangirls and start constantly fighting each other over whether he's a bright shiny Boy Wonder or a dark and broody urban vigilante. And then Starfire gets involved ....
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)