Ronin Army Forums Shut Down For Good

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Ronin Army Forums Shut Down For Good

Post by FuzzyBoots »

greycrusader wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:54 pm And Davies, I completely understand the frustration, and its your right to express your disappointment. I do thank you for being willing to purchase the adventure released today, as a lot of imagination and effort went into it, and I think you'll find it enjoyable.
I'll be posting extra material here in the near future, with suitable spoiler warnings if needed.
Mild grumble on my side, one of the earlier signs that GR had given up on the forums is that we didn't get notices that these new adventures were coming out. I'm guessing they expect people to be seeing it on Facebook and Discord...

I get that the forum software is leaky as a sieve. I appreciated Steve's words yesterday about how he fought to keep the forums running because of his own nostalgia over them. I do hope that a static copy is made available for download at some time. Heck, if bandwidth is an issue, I might be able to pull some strings at work to get cloud storage.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:34 am The Atomic Think Tank is still mostly archived up at the Wayback Machine.

I'm gonna miss the official forums. They never really recovered from the shift over to being RoninArmy, with the heights of the Atomic Think Tank days being a distant memory for a long time now, but I still have fondness for the old Roll Call stuff.
That's good to know. Most of what I haven't grabbed was on the original forums anyway.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

annoying lost the 2 of the three chapters of the star Wars game we ran which was great reading thanks to the awesome players we had. and some of the Force Ops and Freedom league we had as well
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

The most annoying thing to me is now there isn't even unofficial ERRATA for any M&M product. Does anyone have copies of the ERRATA threads from the forums?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oof, I'd forgotten about how much I relied on those when I first started.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 am The most annoying thing to me is now there isn't even unofficial ERRATA for any M&M product. Does anyone have copies of the ERRATA threads from the forums?
Even if Green Ronin stopped responding to them, or using them to fix items before the print run (and yes, I know that fixing some of those things was potentially very expensive if it changed the layout, even for a PDF), it was nice that other people had your back. If you ran into a number that didn't make sense, or the math seemed wrong, you could check.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

And now even the fan stuff is lost.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

:cry: RIP.... :cry:
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

crap I thought my thread had been archived but nope I looked for it but its not in there now I have to start it all over from scratch thanks GR
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Blah, I've been stalling on moving over my 2e builds to here, but I guess they are gone now. Its not the loss of the stats so much as the backstories and intangibles that I draw on for inspiration when writing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I never had a builds thread, but I did have my old art thread there. I have it all on drive, but it does make me sad to know it's gone.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I'm glad I moved my stuff here. I mean, at least the stuff I really cared about, like the conversion threads.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I keep reflexively typing in the URL to find new updates... I kind of wish they'd just route it to the Green Ronin site instead of serving a 404.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Well, all I can say is a heartfelt THANK YOU! and virtual hug to Ares for setting up this site for us. It proved to be a wise move with hindsight. ^_^
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
scc

Post by scc »

Though I haven't posted things in some time I still like reading my posts and others from way back. So many great posters and so much information provided on a wealth of characters and topics. I am thankful we have this forum though.