Wordmaker Stories

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Voltron64

Re: Wordmaker Stories

Post by Voltron64 »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:22 pm I get the feeling he's not really getting any backing from the rest of the company.
Then if then we won't help, we here should.

Anybody like really good with that sort of stuff?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sadly it doesn't look like we have any experts on hand, but a few of us are trying to assist.
There is a specific thread in the Discord specifically for the recovery attempts for the old boards if you are interested in knowing more.
Wordmaker

Post by Wordmaker »

Gilliam wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:06 pm Not sure if this will work as I haven't used this account for a very long time but this is the first story I copied back in the day then always meant to copy the rest :(

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pf8iuav96 ... a.doc/file
Oh, cool!
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

It still works, Word. ^v^
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wordmaker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am I wish I'd know the ATT was going down. I'd have backed-up the old stories.
Yeah, that's kind of the shame of the old days. I feel I was lucky enough to be fairly thorough in backing up my things (thought my 2e builds are mostly toast except for the Wayback Machine), and I tried to save some old comments and conversations when I re-posted Disney Builds a couple of years back, but there's a LOT missing still.