Witcher: Tabletop RPG

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Ares
Site Admin

Witcher: Tabletop RPG

Post by Ares »

For any fans of the Witcher setting, be it novels or video games, a tabletop RPG is on its way:

https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/06/witche ... cyberpunk/

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witch ... aying_Game

Apparently it's been in development for a while, but it's finally getting a release this year.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Witcher: Tabletop RPG

Post by Ares »

So I've picked up several games recently, and to promote some more discussion in here, I'm planning to go through them. The Witcher is one such game, and with the success of the TV series, I'm planning to go through this one soonish.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Oh hell.

I actually translated this beast in Italian and I have to tell you all: before diving in pick up the Easy Mode pdf from Drivethrurpg. While it's not perfect, the Easy Mode provides a much more streamlined version of the system, which can be easily adapted to the main game.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Anybody know if its using the same system as the new edition Cyberpunk?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It's actually not that complicated once you get the hang of it. It is, however, complex and if you really want to run a game, you should have one book in print at the very least. It's got a lot of moving parts and they even integrated some elements from the third game I did not expect them to (alchemy and gathering monster parts). And, of course, you have to address the cat's-eyed elephant in the room - there is a HUGE power difference between a Witcher and some of the other professions. Ordinary people will struggle hard in battle, especially against monsters.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm Anybody know if its using the same system as the new edition Cyberpunk?
Yes and no.
Both games uses different versions of the old Interlock system (i.e. the system used for the second edition of Cyberpunk 2020 and Mekton Z), so there is a degree of cross-compatibility. I've not seen the final version of Cyberpunk Red, so I can't provide a definitive answer.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)