The Thorpocamultiverse Setting: Overwatch

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Thorpocalypse

The Thorpocamultiverse Setting: Overwatch

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm planning on doing some remodeling at J-Mart and one of my chores is to move the setting info from my Character Sheets thread over here. It will take a little bit but I'll get it all moved eventually.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE THORPOCAMULTIVERSE

The Worlds of the Thorpocamultiverse

EARTH-T1 UNIVERSE SETTING

Earth-T1 is my main setting for this version of the Thorpocaverse. Here's a summary of related links to the settings, cities and other information. Note that this is constantly a work in progress as I add more builds and continue to refine the roles of the characters.

GENERAL INFORMATION:

Superheroic History of Earth-T1
Superhero Timeline of Earth-T1

SETTINGS

The Cosmic Thorpocaverse
The Mystical Thorpocaverse
The X-Verse

CITIES/LOCATIONS:

Asgard
Atlantis
Bludhaven
Central City/Keystone City
Chicago
Gotham City
Los Angeles
Metropolis
New Orleans
New York

TEAMS:

Heroic:
The Avengers
The Justice League
The Justice League/Avengers/X-Men/Inhuman Alliance
The Justice Society of America
Overwatch
SHIELD

Villains:
A.I.M.
HYDRA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J-MART ANNEXES:

J-Mart Prime
J-Mart Fantasy: World of Gloriant
J-Mart PC Superstore
J-Mart Fight Club
J-Mart Test Facility

J-Mart 3E: The Original 3E Superstore! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 3E: The Superior J-Mart (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart II 3E - Thorpacoverse Prime (at Ronin Army - Closed)
The J-Mart PC Superstore 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart Fantasy 3E (at Ronin Army)
J-Mart I 2E: The One Stop Shop! (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart II 2E: J-Mart East - Main Setting (Earth-217 - at Atomic Think Tank) Thread
J-Mart III 2E: J-Mart West - ThorpacoDresdenverse Game Setting Thread (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart Settings Thread 2E - The Thorpacoverse (at Atomic Think Tank)
J-Mart 2E Story Hour Location (at Atomic Think Tank)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:05 am, edited 24 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

THE THORPOCAMULTIVERSE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THE THORPOCAMULTIVERSE

So after initially trying to move all my builds into one shared universe, it became apparent to me that in order to place all the versions of the characters I like to build into potentially usable settings, the Thorpocamultiverse had to be reborn.

Here are the (initial and subject to change) descriptions of the builds for each setting.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Earth-T0: The former main Earth of the Thorpocamultiverse. These are the builds that are more representative of the Green Ronin/DC Adventures power scale and the characters’ classic power sets. Some of them will overlap in regards to their utilization in my respective new multiverse. Outside of a few minor House Rule tweaks to things that I didn’t care for in the RAW, they should be fairly easily ported into any RAW based game.

Earth-T1: The current main Earth of the Thorpocamultiverse. It’s a shared setting and these are slightly lower in PL than the builds for Earth T-0 or the DC Universe setting and will utilize several House Rule Advantages and the characters’ power sets and origins may be tweaked for my personal taste.

Earth-T2: This would be equivalent of Earth 2/Ultimate Universe for Earth T-1 setting.

Earth-T3: TBD

Earth-T4: TBD

Earth-T5: TBD

Earth T-69: This Earth is more of a catch-all for versions of characters I'm not quite sure where to place. Seemed like a fitting numbering for a place like that.

Earth T-217: The lower PL setting Earth.

Earth T-302: This would be the equivalent of Earth-2 in the DCU and the Ultimate Universe from Marvel. The characters will be compatible will the builds of Earth T-217.

Earth T-2112: An Earth where the futuristic builds will go. I’m still holding fast on NO TIME TRAVEL IN THE THORPOCAVERSE, so builds like The Maestro, Kingdom Come Superman, Ghost in the Shell characters, etc. would be denizens of this world which is in the same "time" as our world but in which the 2112 universe evolved at a faster pace.

Earth T-5150: This Earth will be where the future, future themed builds, like the Legion of Super Heroes would reside. And of course, it’s named after the first Van Hagar album.

Earth FG: This Earth is an Earth where fighting game versions of characters reside, like the Superman and Batman from the Injustice game series setting, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter characters, etc. I’m definitely going to have some house rules for that setting to try and get them to work like fighting games as much as I can.

Earth G: Earth of my fantasy setting, the world of Gloriant. Home to my fantasy builds and my generic animal builds. In general, fantasy characters have more encounters with animals than superheroes do, so I figure they are better stored there. The animal builds are built to be used across pretty much all my settings, but some may need to be adjusted for some. The PCs, NPCs are specific to my fantasy setting but some of the magical creatures/aberrations/dragons/demons may crossover.

Earth PC1: This Earth is for my “power level accurate” PC builds. Most of the builds will fit the PL10/150 pt format but there will be builds like a PL12/180 point Batman or a PL8/120 pt Robin.

Earth PC2: This is a setting where all builds are PL10/150 point PCs. There will be a lot of crossover with Earth PC2, but I like the challenge of having PL10/150 pt Batman or Superman as much as I like having PC versions closer to their "appropriate" PLs.

Earth T-220: Work in progress. I have thoughts, but they’re still just thoughts…

Earth T-243: Coming up...

Earth T-304: Also work in progress. Again, I have thoughts, but they’re still just thoughts…

Earth T-418: Yep. Work in progress.

Earth T-504: And again…

Earth T-519: The Earth where Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) took over for Peter Parker as the main Spider.

Earth T-915: See above. In full transparency, I’ll probably never come up with concepts for 220, 304, 418 and 915 but those are the birthdates (304 is March 4, 915 is September 15 and so on) of my stepmother, wife and kids so I wanted to give them subtle shout outs. Even though they couldn’t give a crap less about this hobby of mine, of course… ;) 302 correlates to my dad's birthday, replaces my original T-5150.

Earth T-1120: This Earth is a shared setting where I am going to be doing a lot of experimenting with builds in regards to power level, different power sets for established characters and house rules. No telling where it will end up, but it should be fun.

And 1120 is my mom’s birthday. She passed away when I was young but she always encouraged my creative side (and bought my first and many subsequent comic books, of course) so I figured having an experimental “universe” with a shout out to her was fitting.

Earth T-1507: Home of...

Earth T-5007: An Earth where far futuristic builds will go like the Legion of Super Heroes.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

SUPERHERO HISTORY - EARTH-T1 UNIVERSE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

EARTH-T1 - YEAR 20

For some reason it all starts with Superman. – Alexander Luthor

The seminal event in the history of superheroes on Earth happened almost twenty years ago on December 30th at approximately 5 p.m.. A plane bound for Metropolis, MO, was going down in a snowstorm. It appeared that the 115 passengers and crew on board were heading for certain doom. When suddenly, a red and blue blur streaked by the window, the plane’s dive was halted and to the astonishment of the captain, was set down gently in a field outside of Metropolis. As the flight crew opened the emergency exit doors and activated the inflatable safety slide, they saw a dark-haired man in a blue costume with a flowing red cape floating outside. He asked if everyone was OK, smiled then flew away into the early evening sky. One of the passengers, star reporter for the Daily Planet Lois Lane, chronicled the entire event and within minutes her uploaded cell phone picture and internet headline gave the world the first real glimpse of the man who would become known to the world (and half of the known universe) by the name she gave him: Superman.

There had been sightings and rumors of a “blue blur” appearing across the globe for moths previously, but this event took those incidents from the realm of speculation and myth to reality. There was someone among us with powers beyond those of mere mortals. Where did he come from? Why is he here? Are there more like him? Those became the questions asked by billions across the globe.

Nick Fury, legendary Director of S.H.I.E.L.D, calls that the day that superheroes “came out”. Prior to that, the only other acknowledged superhero was the legendary Captain America, who was one of the greatest heroes of World War II but was lost just prior to the end of the war and presumed dead. But even though he could leap 20 yards and throw men around like ragdolls, he didn’t fly and carry planes around. This was a whole other level of power that people had never seen.

Of course, Fury and a handful of others knew that superhumans, also known as posthumans or metahumans had walked among us for thousands of years. Aliens, mutants, wizards, magical creatures thought only to exist in fantasy worlds and people using technology far beyond what the general public had anything but the faintest idea of, had long operated in secret. Early reactions to displays of their abilities had not been met with understanding, and usually violence. Knowing full well that risking exposure to the world at large could cause all kinds of upheaval in the world, most remained hidden. In the early ages, people’s fundamental belief systems would be challenged, and in more modern times there were was not only that, an but impact on tenuous foreign relations and economics across the globe.

But once Superman made the news, everything changed. Soon after, it seemed he was everywhere at once. Rescuing trapped miners in Chile, saving people from burning buildings all over the US, catching a jumper off the Eiffel Tower, removing a bomb that was going to blow up Big Ben and even finding time to save a cat stuck in a tree in Smallville, KS. His commitment to humanity was proved during a massive attack on his adopted home planet by the Kryptonian General Zod and his allies that he repelled. So much to the surprise of Fury and world leaders at large, instead of starting a world-wide panic, he became a beloved figure. He quickly became the most searched for entity on the internet. And his sit down interview with Lois Lane became the most widely viewed event in TV and internet history.

A few weeks after the Daily Planet article, reports of superhuman activity across the globe exploded. Rumors of a man sized bat terrorizing the Gotham City underworld gained more traction. The NYPD refuted dozens of claims about man who was crawling up walls and leaving criminals bound in webs. Upstate New York had claims of strange goings on at Charles Xavier’s School for the Gifted. There were rumors of weird things happening at the Baxter Building after the return from of space of noted scientist Reed Richards, his fiancée Susan Storm, her brother, extreme sports superstar Johnny Storm, and former astronaut Ben Grimm. General Thunderbolt Ross deflected questions about a giant green skinned humanoid monster rampaging through rural New Mexico. There were claims that beloved ruler of Latveria, Victor Von Doom, was a warlock. And there were countless other stories and rumors about superhuman activity from across the globe.

But it was billionaire playboy Tony Stark that kicked the superhero craze into high gear later that year. He developed the Iron Man armor after a traumatic experience as a prisoner in the Middle East and once he started using it to dispense justice to his captors, he had a very public altercation with his former mentor Obadiah Stane who had created his own suit of power armor. Instead of shying away from the media, Stark embraced it and as he did, it seemed to herald the beginning of the superheroic age. Within the year, the Fantastic Four made their first public appearance, as did The Flash, Green Lantern, Thor, Spider-Man and several others. Daredevil became the guardian devil of Hell’s Kitchen. Great Britain publicly acknowledged MI-13 operatives Pete Wisdom and Captain Britain. China introduced the world to the Great Ten. The legend of the great Mexican hero El Chupacabra began to spread. The X-Men had their first of many battles with Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants, and their acts brought the issue of mutant rights, and the believed wide-spread mental suppression of the memories of mutant/superhuman incidents over the years to light (which was true, actually). Seemingly overnight, every major city had a protector, supervillains by the score rose up to challenge them and the world governments slowly began to release sealed documents on several superhuman related events that had been covered up over the years. And former superheroes that operated in secret during the Cold War and before, like The Comedian, went to the media with their stories. And 8 years ago, the world welcomed back one of their greatest heroes, Captain America, who was found frozen in ice in the Antarctic by S.H.I.E.L.D. And soon after his return, he and Superman helped lead Earth’s heroes in repelling an attempted invasion by the alien despot from Apokolips, Darkseid, which led to the formation of The Justice League.

Now, 20 years since Superman ushered in the new superheroic age, superheroes and supervillains are commonplace. There are continued debates about how to police superhuman activity with super-secret agent Amanda Waller’s Checkmate imitative at the forefront. After the equally disastrous attempts to register mutants and the attempted mass registration of costumed vigilantes that resulted in the Superhero Civil War, new strategies are being developed, as anti-mutant sentiment remains prevalent and public support of superheroes ebbs and flows. The Justice League has grown and changed membership several times and remains unaffiliated with any government so that they can focus on global and extraterrestrial threats. Captain America and Iron Man left the League years back to form The Avengers, who are registered with the government and focus more on US threats. The groups Stormwatch and the Guardians of the Globe, under the watchful eye of Cecil Stedman, also look out for global threats and are UN and NATO sanctioned.

S.H.I.E.L.D. estimates that there are 80,000-100,000 super-powered individuals on the planet of varying levels and more being born every day. While they are the vast minority in the world population, there’s no denying that the world is being changed by their presence every day.

More to come…
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

EARTH-T1 UNIVERSE TIMELINE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MAIN TIMELINE (EARTH-T1 UNIVERSE)

April 19th, 1887: James Howlett, who would later be known as Logan and then Wolverine, was born in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada.

July 4, 1920: Steve Rogers was born July 4, 1920, to poor Irish immigrant parents in Brooklyn, New York, USA.

1941: US Air Force Pilot Steve Trevor’s fighter plane crash lands in the ocean just off the coast of the hidden island of Themiscrya. He is rescued and healed of his near fatal injuries by Princess Diana and The Amazons. His stories of the outside world fascinate the Princess, who leaves the island for the outside world and becomes Wonder Woman, operating in secret for decades.

April 18, 1945: During the final days of World War II, presumably on or before April 18, 1945, Captain America and Bucky were trying to stop a bomb-loaded drone-plane, launched by Baron Zemo, when the plane exploded, apparently killing his partner Bucky and throwing Rogers into icy Arctic waters of the English Channel. The Super-Soldier Formula prevented crystallization of Rogers' bodily fluid, allowing him to enter a state of suspended animation.

37 years ago: Bruce Wayne is born as the first and only (?) son of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

35 years ago: Kal-El’s rocket crashes in a field near Smallville, KS. The Kent’s take him in, raise him as their own.

25 years ago: Bruce Wayne’s parents are murdered before his eyes in Crime Alley.

24 years ago: The next thing…

23 years ago: The next thing…

22 years ago: The next thing…

21 years ago: The next thing…

20 years ago: The next thing…

19 years ago: The next thing…

18 years ago: The next thing…

17 years ago: The next thing…

16 years ago: The next thing…

15 years ago: Bruce Wayne …

The next thing…

14 years ago: The next thing…

The next thing…

13 ½ years ago: Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham to begin his war on crime. Within a few months, he begins operating as Batman.

The next thing…

13 years ago: After graduating from Kansas St. University, Clark Kent decides to travel the world to find himself and determine his place in the world.

The next thing…

12 ½ years ago: Batman faces The Joker for the first time.

The next thing…

The next thing…

12 years ago: The next thing…

The next thing…

11 ½ years ago: The Flying Graysons are murdered at Haly’s Circus. Bruce takes in Dick Grayson as his ward. Dick soon learns Bruce’s secret and assists in bringing down the man behind his parents’ deaths, Tony Zucco, who is believed to have died of a heart attack during the conflict. Bruce agrees to train Dick as a sidekick. Dick chooses the superhero name Robin after his late mother’s nickname for him.

The next thing…

11 years ago: After the assassination of his friend, African activist Kobe Asuru, Clark was inspired to make the world a better place and began using his abilities to do good deeds in secret all across the globe.

15-year-old High school student Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider.

The next thing…

10 ½ years ago: The next thing…

The next thing…

10 years ago: On Dec 30th, the first public appearance of Superman is documented by Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane. This event ushers in the modern superheroic age.

The next thing…

9 ½ years ago: Billionaire, genius, playboy industrialist Tony Stark is severely injured and captured by terrorist forces in Afghanistan. An electromagnet is grafted into his chest by fellow captive Ho Yinsen to keep the shrapnel shards that wounded him from reaching his heart and killing him. He, along with fellow prisoner Ho Yinsen, are forced to make weapons for the terrorist cell, but in secret work to create a suit of powered armor to allow them to escape. Yinsen sacrifices himself so that Stark can escape. Upon returning home, Stark upgrades and refines the armor and uses it to defeat the terrorist cell and his traitorous former mentor, Obadiah Stane. Instead of denying his alter ego, he came out as Iron Man during a press conference.

The next thing…

9 years ago: Captain America, believed killed during the last days of World War II was found alive, in suspended animation in the frozen Antarctic waters.

Princess Diana from Themiscrya made her way to the US.

The next thing…

8 ½ years ago – Dick Grayson quits/is fired at Robin. After a brief sabbatical from superhero work, he reinvents himself as Nightwing. Batman takes on Jason Todd as Robin a few months later.

The next thing…

The next thing…

8 years ago – The next thing…

The next thing…

7 ½ years ago – Jason Todd is killed by The Joker after barely 8 months as Robin. Batman goes solo for over a year.

The next thing…

The next thing…

7 years ago – The next thing…

The next thing…

6 ½ years ago – After deducing Batman’s identity and making Bruce realized he needed a Robin, Bruce agrees to take Tim Drake on as Robin.

The next thing…

6 years ago – Barbara Gordon is shot through the spine by The Joker causing her to become a paraplegic.
The next thing…

5 ½ years ago – After being forced to give up her role as Batgirl due to his disability, Barbara Gordon forged a new identity to fight crime from behind the scenes, Oracle.

The next thing…

The next thing…

5 years ago – Tim quits the Robin role for a few months, allowing Stephanie Brown to take the mantle for a time. Within a 3-4 month period, he returns to the role after Stephanie’s apparent death. Also around this time, Cassandra Cain begins assisting the Bat family as a ward of Oracle. She soon earns Batman’s trust and becomes Batgirl.

The next thing…

4 ½ years ago –

The next thing…

4 years ago – Jason Todd returns to Gotham after being resurrected by Talia Al Ghul sometime earlier.

The next thing…

3 ½ years ago – The next thing…

The next thing…

3 years ago – Talia Al Ghul introduces Bruce to their son 10-year-old son, Damian Wayne.

The next thing…

2 ½ years ago – Bruce Wayne “dies” battling Darkseid. Dick Grayson takes over the Batman mantle approximately 1 year. Tim Drake becomes Red Robin. Damian Wayne becomes the new Robin.

The next thing…

2 years ago – Cassandra Cain quit as Batgirl during her grief over Batman’s death. Stephanie Brown took over as the new Batgirl.

The next thing…

1 ½ years ago – Bruce Wayne returns. Both he and Dick operate as Batman for about 6 months.

The next thing…

1 year ago – Dick decides to return to being Nightwing. Shortly thereafter, Barbara Gordon was cured of her paralysis. She returned to her role as Batgirl. Stephanie Brown returned to her original costumed identity of Spoiler.

The next thing…

6 months ago – The next thing…

The next thing…

Currently – Bruce and Damian are the current Batman and Robin, although Damian is operating more independently and Bruce is working closely with Duke Thomas as his sidekick. Dick Grayson is still Nightwing and operates out of Bludhaven. Jason Todd is the Red Hood. Tim Drake is Red Robin. Barbara Gordon is still Batgirl. Cassandra Cain is operating as Orphan. Stephanie Brown is Spoiler. Wendy Kuttler has taken over as the new Oracle.

The next thing…

The next thing…
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: The Thorpocamultiverse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 4
Thorpocalypse

Re: The Thorpocamultiverse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 5
Thorpocalypse

THE X-VERSE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THE X-VERSE:

I have been loving Jonathan Hickman’s new X-Men run with House of X, Powers of X and Dawn. He is really living up to his “big idea guy” rep. The new status quo he’s setting up for the mutants is going to give he and the other X-Verse writers a plethora of story opportunities. I am going to try and set up my current X-Verse in a similar state and I will try to avoid spoilers but there may be a few as I update and build new characters out.

---------------------------------

Moira MacTaggert, until now thought to be a human geneticist ally of the X-Men, is revealed to be a mutant. Each time she died, her consciousness was transported back to herself in the womb, resetting the timeline, leaving her with perfect recall of her past lives. Moira’s first two lives were uneventful: she lived a happy life, not realizing her power activated at 13, and died surrounded by family, and then died again after figuring out she was a mutant.

Her third life was spent trying to cure herself of her mutant gene, and right as she succeeded, her lab and lab partners were blown up by the Brotherhood. Destiny, Mystique’s precog partner, saw what would come of the cure - weaponization by humans - and she saw Moira’s power. She also saw that Moira’s cycle would end if she died before her power activated, so she told Moira to stop trying to fight mutants and had Pyro burn her to death to make sure she remembered.

Her fourth life was spent trying to help: she married Charles, and X-history progressed about as it did in main continuity before ending in a sentinel massacre. Life five saw Moira push Charles into an isolationist pose early, but that one ended in robotic hellfire too. In Moira’s sixth life, she and Wolverine lived for a thousand years, with the robots somehow figuring out that she needed to be kept alive or she would reset the timeline. They lived in a wildlife preserve, maintained by a new branch of human evolution: Homo novissima, a fusion of humans and machines. The Librarian, part of a society trying to ascend to join the Phalanx, an intergalactic machine intelligence so dense it’s about to collapse into a singularity. If they do collapse, that would make the machines knowledge of this life separate from space and time - when Moira resurrects, they would know and be there - winning the war for the machines forever. However, before the ascension is complete, Wolverine stabs the Librarian in the face, then kills Moira so she can reset.

Her experience in the sixth life radicalized Moira - she’s certain if the war even starts, the mutants always lose. She spent life seven as an aggressor, killing every Trask she could find before they could create the Sentinels. Unfortunately, AI is like fire - a discovery, not a creation - and she died at the hands of a wild jungle Master Mold. In life eight, she convinced Magneto to go to war with the humans, but she died after he was stopped by an army of superheroes.

The only major mutant figure Moira had yet to ally with by this point was Apocalypse, so she awakened En Sabah Nur early in her ninth life and went to war. This life bore a strong resemblance to the Age of Apocalypse: many of the traditional heroes along with Xavier and Magneto were defeated early on by Apocalypse. Apocalypse and Mister Sinister used rampant genetic engineering to create a mutant army, but they were still losing.

Because of her experience in her sixth life, Moira had flagged the emergence of Nimrods as a paradigm shift in the war with the humans - Sentinels “bought the humans years,” as the Librarian told her, while “Nimrods bought [them] decades.” So to prevent this from coming to pass, Apocalypse’s crew stages an assault on a machine data storage facility to get precise knowledge of how Nimrod came to be. Having that data, it was given to Moira, absorbed immediately, and she was killed by Wolverine so she could be reborn.

Moira went to Charles again for her tenth life. This time, she said, they would try something different: all mutants together. Charles and Moira recruited Magneto, and then Magneto and Charles recruited Sinister and Forge to their new mission: finding a way to put all mutants together in their own fortress, and a way to keep mutants from ever dying. Professor Xavier, working closely with Magneto, has created a new home for mutant kind on Krakoa the Living Island with Cypher playing a key role with his ability to communicate with Krakoa. This island serves as a brand new mutant nation, something previously attempted by Magneto with Genosha and Cyclops with Utopia. Xavier believes he can succeed where his friends failed, partly by reaching out to other world leaders and encouraging them to officially recognize the sovereignty of the new mutant nation.

To encourage friendly relations with the outside world, Xavier uses his resources to purchase a large pharmaceutical company and create three wonder drugs - a pill that adds five years to anyone's lifespan, a new super-adaptable antibiotic and a drug that can cure all mental diseases in humans. The catch is that only those nations which open diplomatic relations with the mutant nation of Krakoa will be given these three drugs. Perhaps the most controversial aspect of Xavier's new mutant nation is his offer of blanket amnesty for all mutants, regardless of their crimes in the human world.

They bring all mutants to Krakoa, their new island nation. ALL mutants - heroes like Marvel Girl or Cypher; villains like Apocalypse, Exodus, Sebastian Shaw or Gorgon; are welcome. Cypher creates a new language called Krakoan, which every mutant automatically learns through telepathy when they arrive on Krakoa via numerous teleportals that are created from Krakoan fauna and Forge’s tech. The portals can only be used by mutants as no homo sapiens are allowed on Krakoa.

The mutant island’s formation triggers the Orchis protocols: a gathering of human scientists with the goal of creating machine defenses for humanity. They’re joined by Karima Shapandar, the Omega Sentinel and erstwhile X-ally, as they repurpose an old Iron Man Dyson sphere to build a Mother Mold - a Sentinel factory that builds other Sentinel factories. Charles and Magneto believe this is the moment that Nimrod emerges, so they send a team to destroy it before it comes online.

That raid turns out to be a suicide run: Penance, Cyclops, Archangel, Marvel Girl, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Mystique are all killed ejecting Mother Mold into the sun as it wakes up. They die in horrible ways in space, but it turns out Professor X and his allies have found a way to cheat death. They are almost immediately brought back by The Five:

- Goldballs, a mutant with the power to...shoot gold balls out of his chest. We found out they’re actually eggs.
- Proteus, the reality warping child of Moira and Joe MacTaggert, who would tweak the eggs to match the bodies of the deceased mutants from the DNA samples of the mutants that have been provided by Sinister. He was a big X-Men villain from right before the Dark Phoenix saga, who now uses husk clones of Charles as fresh bodies when his power burns out the old one.
- Elixir, an Omega level mutant with the power to heal completely (or kill) with a touch. He kickstarts the biological regeneration process.
- Tempus, who has the power to manipulate the flow of time who could age the bodies to their peak age.
- And Hope Summers, the first mutant born after the Scarlet Witch depowered 98% of all living mutants in House of M, with the power to mimic other mutants and smooth out the application of their powers in themselves.

Then Professor X steps in and uses Cerebro to imbue the mutant husk with a “backup” mind as he has been using Cerebro to make a backup copy of every mutant mind on the planet every week. This process was tested with several deceased mutants like Xorn, the Stepford Cuckoos, and hte original Pyro, St. John Allerdice, to name a few. Magneto and Xavier are planning to use the process to resurrect all 16.5 million mutants that were killed on Genosha.

After the celebration of the X-Men's resurrection, a ruling council known as the Quiet Council, is named: Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Storm, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Exodus, Sinister, and Mystique, with one seat left open to be filled by Hellfire Club leaders Shaw and Frost. The first act of the Quiet Council was to set out the three baseline rules for living on Krakoa:

MAKE MORE MUTANTS
MURDER NO MAN
RESPECT THIS SACRED LAND

Sabretooth was convicted of violating the second law for the murders he committed, specifically against Magneto’s orders, in the heist to steal data about the Orchis base. His punishment was not death, as that would have placed him in resurrection protocols. Instead, he was swallowed by Krakoa to be kept in stasis for an indefinite period of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krakoa (Mutant Nation):

Quiet Council of Krakoa (Mutant Ruling Body):

Autumn Court:

Winter Court:

Spring Court:

Summer Court:

X-Villains:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

THE COSMIC THORPOCAVERSE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THE COSMIC THORPOCAVERSE:

The cosmos is vast beyond comprehension, but within the borders of what we know, there is some crazy sh*t going on. A dude that can eat planets, some little blue dudes who have appointed themselves Guardians of the Universe, a dysfunctional super hero team that has appointed themselves Guardians of the Galaxy and countless other things.

My Cosmic Thorpocaverse needs more work than my Mystical setting, or maybe it just is what it is. Lots of crazy sh*t going on in space and every now and then, one group of Guardians runs afoul of another group of Guardians and it's time to throw down...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cosmic Heroes:

Cosmic Villains:

Key Cosmic Settings:

Cybertron/Transformerverse

Autobots:

Decepticons:

THE LANTERN CORPS:

The Blue Lantern Corps:

The Green Lantern Corps:

The Indigo Tribe:

The Red Lantern Corps:

The Sinestro Corps:

The Star Sapphire Corps:

GALACTUS AND HERALDS:

Current Herald:

Former Heralds:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Annihilation Wave:
Leader:

The Black Order (Cull Obsidian):
Leader:

Guardians of the Galaxy:
Leader:

The Ming Dynasty:

The Universal Church of Truth:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

THE MYSTICAL THORPOCAVERSE

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THE MYSTICAL/MYTHICAL THORPACOVERSE:

This is definitely a work in progress. Combining the different mystical and mythical setting of DC, Marvel, "real" mythology, my Fantasy stuff and of course, The Dresdenverse, is going to take some doing, but I am going to try and sort it all out in short order.

As a start, the general Dresdenverse magic rules apply in the Thorpacoverse. Thresholds, power loss under running water, no just slinging magic around all the time without consequences, etc. The White Council of Wizards oversees magical activity, however, the appearance of mutants and other superhumans threw a wrench into the working of the magical world. Where does pure telepathy end and mental domination begin? Is Tony Stark a true technological "wizard"? Are those with magical talent really mutants? There has been much dispute on all sides, and the lines are still being drawn. However, knowing that there are distinct energy signatures for different types of powers, The White Council has been able to make some distinctions, but much is still to be determined. It has been decided that Doctor Strange and Doctor Fate, due to their positions as Sorcerer Supreme and Avatar of Nabu, are allowed to operate outside of the White Council's jurisdiction (within reason).

Mythologically, I've got a lot to work on, so I'm not going to touch on that much except to say that what I have in Los Angeles is a start and I'll build from there. As noted in earlier posts, Chicago and Gotham City are hotbeds of supernatural activity, along with New Orleans and more cities to be determined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Key Supernatural locations:

Asgard
Chicago
Gotham City
Los Angeles
Olympus

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE MYSTICAL/MYTHICAL THORPACOVERSE:

Heroes:

BPRD:

Villains:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

ASGARD

Post by Thorpocalypse »

ASGARD:

Origins of Asgard:

Asgard's true origin is unknown due to the cycle of Ragnaroks. According to one story, originally there was a void, Ginnungagap, bounded on either side by fire Muspelheim, the land of fire and Niflheim, the land of ice. When fire and ice met, they combined to form a giant named Ymir and a cow named Audhumbla who nourished Ymir. She survived by licking the salty ice blocks. From her licking emerged Buri who fathered Bor and through him the Asgardian race. Bor took the frost giant Bestia as his wife and fathered three children: Odin, Vili, and Ve. Bor is attributed with founding the city of Asgard and being its first king. The three brothers eventually slew Ymir and from his body made the Earth and humanity. After Bor's disappearance and the deaths of his brothers in battle with Surtur Odin became the sole ruler of the gods.

Another version states Asgard as it exist now only came into being about two thousand years ago. Every few thousand years Asgard is destroyed in Ragnarok only for a new Odin to form, rebuild the city and start the cycle anew with the gods living similar lives as they did before with slight differences. This cycle was perpetuated by mysterious beings called Those Who Sit Above in Shadow so they could feed off the energy released before being broken by Thor.

There are several other versions of the Asgardian origin story as well. It is unknown to what extent any of these stories are true. It is possible several of them are true or bits and pieces from various ones from the true origin. It is also possible none of them are true.

Whatever the original beginnings, Odin's desire to lead Asgard led him to betray his father during a battle with frost giants. With Bor turned to snow then scattered by the winds and his brothers fallen in battle with Surtur, Odin became the High Father of Asgard. As the years passed, Odin's wisdom grew stronger and he sought to understand more of the universe beyond the nine worlds. His curiosity lead to war with the Dark Gods, a pantheon of alien gods that were Asgard's opposite in ever way that mattered. War broke out between them and Asgard fell for the first time. After Thor aided his father in battle, Odin retook Asgard and banished the Dark Gods. Centuries passed and Asgard fell victim to Surtur of Muspelhiem, and in a final battle, Odin and Surtur were killed in battle and Asgard fell once again. However, they both returned alive and Odin return to rule the kingdom.

Odin learned of the cycle of Ragnarok and kept it secret from his people. At one point, the Egyptian god, Seth sought to destroy Asgard and with Thor lost in Onslaught, he saw it as the perfect time to claim Asgard and end the cycle to reshape the kingdom to his rule. However, the Asgardians rose and stopped Seth but in their weaken state, the Dark Gods returned and destroyed Asgard to reshape in their own image. Eventually, Thor returned and freed his people and Asgard returned to its wondrous state again. However, those times grew dark again as Surtur returned to Earth and Odin was once again lost and Thor took over as ruler. Thor moved Asgard to Earth and attempted to better life for all humans, but due to Resistance from without and treachery from within eventually subjugated the Earth to his rule. In time, he was force to face his crimes and returning to the past prevented that timeline from ever coming about. His actions during this caused the Odinforce to leave him making Asgard vulnerable. In was during this time that Loki started Ragnarok and sought to reshape Asgard in his own way. He devastated Asgard until Thor had discovered the truth and used the powers of the Rune Stones to end Loki's rule and break the endless cycle of Those who Sit above in Shadow for good.
Asgard, even though inhabited, is physically different from Earth and other planets. Asgard is not a sphere-like shape, but a piece of land that floats in space. Asgard also doesn't rotate on an axis nor does it rotate around the sun, though there may be an object of some sort that gives it its sunlight. Gravity is similarly like Earth, although heavier. For example, a chair made of wood would be considerably heavier than one on Earth. What keeps the land together is unknown, but it keeps it together. Water doesn't pour from the land, as the gravity keeps it there as well.

Asgard itself is connected to nine other dimensions which form the nine worlds of Asgardian cosmology through naturally occurring dimensional portals. Sometimes the nine different worlds have been treated as the same dimension with Midgard (Earth) being separate.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes:

Villains:

Other:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

ATLANTIS

Post by Thorpocalypse »

ATLANTIS

Note: I figured since I was writing a consistent history of Atlantis for my combined setting, I would just write up one history that I could link to from my Aquaman, Namor, etc. builds instead of writing up different versions. I may do that for my Kryptonians and other races/groups with an intertwined background.

Origins of Atlantis:

The continent of Atlantis was settled 65,000,000 years ago, by a humanoid extraterrestrial race known as the Hunter/Gatherers, who proceeded to hunt the Dinosaurs to extinction. One million years ago, Atlantean society flourished alongside Homo erectus, the precursors of modern man.

Eventually, Atlantis came to be the center of early human civilization. Its king, Orin, ordered the construction of a protective dome over the city simply as a defence against barbarian tribes, but shortly afterward a meteor crashed into the earth, destroying most of the upper world and sinking the city to the bottom of the ocean. Orin's brother, Shalako, departed with a number of followers through underground tunnels in order to reclaim another sunken city of their empire, Tritonis, whose inhabitants had not survived. After a few years, Atlantean scientists developed a serum that would permanently let their people breathe underwater; as a consequence of the magic used by Shalako in settling Tritonis, the Tritonians were further mutated to have fish-tails instead of legs. Some descendents of Shalako's son Dardanus also inherited his telepathy, which was marked by blonde hair, extremely rare among Atlanteans.

TO BE CONTINUED...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes:

Villains:
Thorpocalypse

BLUDHAVEN

Post by Thorpocalypse »

BLUDHAVEN:

Bludhaven was created for Nightwing to have a city of his own to patrol to move out of the shadow of Batman while they were on the outs. It mostly worked, but when DC editorial decided that they were going to kill Grayson during the Infinite Crisis, they nuked the city by having the Secret Society of Super-Villains drop Chemo on it. However, they are now bringing it back in Rebirth. So I am, too. Background needs work, but here's a rough start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blüdhaven was a former whaling town, which was officially incorporated as a "Commonwealth" in 1912. The town had a generally poor socio-economic populace, owing in part to failed efforts to transform itself into a manufacturing and shipping center.

The city lived through a corrupt balance of underhand dealings and unlawful policies, which was helped kept in check by the local police force.
Now, hoever, Blüdhaven is attempting to become a family-oriented tourist destination. It's gone through some various economic trials. It used to be a whaling town, and when that dried up, it became this Atlantic City/Las Vegas-type gambling area. Now, they're really trying to shirk that and become a place that families come.

So it's this sort of light, bright city with neon and advertising. But it's also got various different economies going on at the same time. So you've got this desire to be a tourist area and this sort of waning industrial side. And there's also another economy because it's so close to the coast, and they're able to do a lot of shipping and transportation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes:

Villains:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

CENTRAL CITY/KEYSTONE CITY

Post by Thorpocalypse »

CENTRAL CITY/KEYSTONE CITY:

The home cities of the fastest men alive, Barry Allen and Wally West. Considering their links to the Flashes and their proximity, it just made sense to post them together.

Central City, Missouri, located across the Missouri River from Keystone City, Kansas, was founded in the 19th century and became an important stop for cattle drives. It began to see tremendous growth after the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad, becoming the first major hubs west of Chicago. A second period of growth occurred after World War I, and it has burgeoned to the present day. Central City was the home to the Flash, Barry Allen.

Located across the Missouri River from Central City, Missouri, Keystone City, Kansas first became home to settlers in 1806, shortly after the Louisiana Purchase. It began to grow rapidly after the Civil War, attracting farmers and becoming a common starting point for those who were moving to the West. After the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad, it became an important depot, attracting the livestock and meat-packing industries. Although the stockyards closed in the 1950s, the area has been revitalized and the old warehouses transformed into a fashionable retail destination. Keystone remains a center of industry, home to aircraft and automobile manufacturers, including Keystone Motors. Keystone is the home of the 2nd Flash and former Kid Flash, Wally West.

Central and Keystone are also the alternating home bases of the Flash adversaries, The Rogues.
Thorpocalypse

CHICAGO

Post by Thorpocalypse »

CHICAGO:

I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough. Let's go west! - Richard Jeni

The Second City (although it has since been surpassed in size by Los Angeles, Gotham City, Metropolis and St. Louis [only in the Thorpocaverse :wink: ]) has a rich superhuman, and supernatural city. While it is home to the Savage Dragon and a few other heroes, the main figure in Chicago remains:

The "Mad Wizard Dresden" has taken on gods, monsters, and aliens (in my setting) and come out on top, even cheating death itself to continue his quest against the evils of the world. While his list of allies has grown, so has his list of enemies. At a MUCH higher rate, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heroes:

Harry's Allies:

Villains:

John Marcone's Organization:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

GOTHAM CITY

Post by Thorpocalypse »

GOTHAM CITY

What is there to be said about Gotham City that hasn't been said? And everyone knows who's city it is.

I take one thing back. There might be something about Gotham that hasn't been said. Much like Chicago, New Orleans and a few other points across the globe, Gotham has a convergence of ley lines that make it a supernatural powderkeg, as Doctor Fate has called it. While there hasn't been a rich history of magic like some other places, Doctor Fate and others, including many members of The White Council, believe that the dark magic that flows through Gotham manifests itself in a more subtle way.

Despite the best efforts of Batman, his associates, and few dedicated cops, evil continues to rear it's head in Gotham and small time criminals that should be able to see the error of their ways continue to make the wrong choices again and again. Police statistics prove that there is a higher rate of "career criminals" than any other city in the nation. And Jack Hawksmoor says talking to the city spirit of Gotham is one of the more frightening things he's ever done and refuses to do it again.

Yet, even he said that within the blackness, there was an ember of hope that refused to be extinguished. He thinks it's Batman...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY PLAYERS:

Heroes:
Bat Family and Allies:

GCPD:
Commissioner:

Birds of Prey:
Field Leader:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Villains:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.