Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Blink! Nocturne! Mimic! King Hyperion!)

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 am Image
Pictured; the exact moment I hit puberty.

yeah, Kim Possible was an amazing show, smart writing, cool action, legit comedy, and incredibly hot chicks. I was 10 when it started so I was the perfect age to watch it. The action and comedy appealed to the little boy that i was, the sexy assertive action chicks appealed to the teenage boy I was about to become.Early 2000s was a great time to be a teen, when cartoons weren't yet afraid to market sexy women to young boys nor too lazy to not draw all the characters with ambiguously gendered body types and stupidly simple face structures. I still remember the beach episode of Avatar, ah good times.
LOL- I love how the SECOND that episode came out, the entire KP fanbase got together and declared "The LBD" to be the most iconic moment in series history. Never before has a Little Black Dress been more potent.

And oh god, I'm with you so hard on the way animation draws people nowadays. Though you still see the occasional exception (Wendy on Gravity Falls is still female-shaped, though obviously a bit of a tomboy), this is the last time I remember a cartoon really going out of its way to feature attractive women. Hm, I guess the ThunderCats reboot came out after this. Probably some others, as well. But this was the BIG ONE for many people.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 am
squirrelly-sama wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 am Image
Pictured; the exact moment I hit puberty.

yeah, Kim Possible was an amazing show, smart writing, cool action, legit comedy, and incredibly hot chicks. I was 10 when it started so I was the perfect age to watch it. The action and comedy appealed to the little boy that i was, the sexy assertive action chicks appealed to the teenage boy I was about to become.Early 2000s was a great time to be a teen, when cartoons weren't yet afraid to market sexy women to young boys nor too lazy to not draw all the characters with ambiguously gendered body types and stupidly simple face structures. I still remember the beach episode of Avatar, ah good times.
LOL- I love how the SECOND that episode came out, the entire KP fanbase got together and declared "The LBD" to be the most iconic moment in series history. Never before has a Little Black Dress been more potent.

And oh god, I'm with you so hard on the way animation draws people nowadays. Though you still see the occasional exception (Wendy on Gravity Falls is still female-shaped, though obviously a bit of a tomboy), this is the last time I remember a cartoon really going out of its way to feature attractive women. Hm, I guess the ThunderCats reboot came out after this. Probably some others, as well. But this was the BIG ONE for many people.
I'd disagree that no other shows during or after had sexy chicks in them, however the thing is that pretty much every show that did followed Anime aesthetics, Kim was really the last real western style to make them so attractive. I mean, we had Avatar, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Ben 10 (Mmm, Charmcaster), Totally Spys (the most fetishtastic childrens cartoon to ever exist), Xmen Evolution. I think the only other western style animated cartoons to do good proportions on their female cast were 6Teen and the Total Drama Series.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds (Nocturne! Mimic! King Hyperion! Morph! Kim Possible!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I figured there must have been others (I realized ThunderCats was after), but the timeline is seriously muddied for me after a point. The mention of anime-styled stuff is on point- Avatar in particular REALLY showed off Ty Lee, though the other girls were a bit more modest. Most of these shows had attractive women, but I don't recall as many of them focusing on the Fanservice in the way that Kim Possible did (ESPECIALLY with Shego).

Ah, another person who remembers 6teen- I have fond memories of my roommate at the time and I making it "Our Show" and watching it every day on Teletoon back when it was first on.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The one think that's curious about Kim is that her hand-to-hand attacks tend to do a fair amount of knockback to mooks, but rarely to the villains. Then again, she rarely engages some of them in combat.

This is probably best handled as a genre thing, though.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 am Image
LOL- I love how the SECOND that episode came out, the entire KP fanbase got together and declared "The LBD" to be the most iconic moment in series history. Never before has a Little Black Dress been more potent.[/quote]

I remember seeing that scene. I remember feeling so dirty. I mean, I was in my mid-30s when that episode came out, and Kim was supposed to be less than half my then-age. And she's a cartoon.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Re: Kim Possible (Series)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 am
Ken wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:43 am The origin story, which I've never seen given in the show, is that she set up a website that boasted "I can do anything!", excepting babysitting jobs- instead, she was asked to engage in life or death situations, and, because this is a comedy, more or less ran with it.
The first Kim Possible 'movie' "A Sitch in Time" does show us her 'origin', such as it was. It's established that she's set up her website, and the first person who accesses it was trying to get the website "Team Impossible", but he was typing semi-blind and his toe slipped so he ended up at www.kimpossible.com instead of www.impossible.com . And Kim THOUGHT it was a baby-sitting gig until she got there.
Oh, neat. I'm just re-watching my DVDs now, and I hadn't got there yet :).
And for anyone who hasn't got the DVDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jCbFkvTHU.

Emerald_Flame300

Re: Kim Possible (Series)

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

Ken wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 am
Ken wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 am

The first Kim Possible 'movie' "A Sitch in Time" does show us her 'origin', such as it was. It's established that she's set up her website, and the first person who accesses it was trying to get the website "Team Impossible", but he was typing semi-blind and his toe slipped so he ended up at www.kimpossible.com instead of www.impossible.com . And Kim THOUGHT it was a baby-sitting gig until she got there.
Oh, neat. I'm just re-watching my DVDs now, and I hadn't got there yet :).
And for anyone who hasn't got the DVDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3jCbFkvTHU.
Just to add fuel to the fire.... I once crafted a Kim Possible character when she was more grown up.

-OR-

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I remember a pair of Kim and Ron builds from way too many years ago (I think they were from Taliesin) that introduced a really cool dynamic: Ron had an uncontrolled Luck Control powers that pretty much syphoned all his Hero Points to Kim, effectively resulting in his bumbling being the fuel that kept Kim going.

Also, since Disney owns Marvel

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:29 am I remember a pair of Kim and Ron builds from way too many years ago (I think they were from Taliesin) that introduced a really cool dynamic: Ron had an uncontrolled Luck Control powers that pretty much syphoned all his Hero Points to Kim, effectively resulting in his bumbling being the fuel that kept Kim going.

Also, since Disney owns Marvel

hah- awesome :).

This YouTube video of Shego's greatest quotes just indicates how much more awesome the show was with the Shego/Drakken duo as the villains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm6u0oBeXjs

this kind of comment chain basically appears on EVERY SHEGO VIDEO EVER, by the way:
Savannah Nelson
I'm pretty sure when I was little Shego was the first way i figured out that i was not 100% straight.

Queen Valencia
Savannah Nason True

soli
SAME

Miranda F
ikr like my childhood cartoon crushes were Shego and Danny Phantom. bi asf

Marble Muse
Yes, same!

K Lilly MacDierney
Savannah Nason same...

InsaneLaughter
Savannah Nason I WASNT THE ONLY ONE OMG

Precious Pinkli
Savannah Nason SAAAAMMMEEEE THOUGH!!!

Im Saved
Saaame tho

Shiva Rose Imogen
What is it about her that makes her so attractive to bi/gay girls? She hooked me in to.

Cinnamoncustard
I had a crush on her too! Though, I never really thought that I was straight anyway^^

cuervus
Apparently it's because of "queer coding", which is a thing where villians break role models and shit so kids will associate those traits with evil. It didn't work, now we just have crushes on villians.

Artregalia
Savannah Nason same

Artregalia
Miranda F SAME

TheSevenofMine
hahahahahahaha me too. She was my first crush but I never realised that until a few crushes later :D

The Devils Girlfriend
Savannah Nason she was allways my childhood crush . I didn't knew that I was lesbian till years later . I still love her

Daniel Ball
Daniel Ball
8 months ago
speculation: because she's (a) Attractive, (b) competent, (c) intelligent (seriously, nobody really digs bimbos), or (d) all of the above. Brains+Beauty with a side order of attitude almost always works better than barbie.

Polar Sky
Saaame. Lmao 😂

M. Ivy Luna
Savannah Nason same
"I have to prove I'm brillianter than the lot of them!"
"BRILLIANTER?"
"Most smartest- WHATEVER! I'm a scientific genius, not an Englist!"
"LINGUIST."

XD
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:29 am I remember a pair of Kim and Ron builds from way too many years ago (I think they were from Taliesin) that introduced a really cool dynamic: Ron had an uncontrolled Luck Control powers that pretty much syphoned all his Hero Points to Kim, effectively resulting in his bumbling being the fuel that kept Kim going.
That was a really cool mechanic in some of the Eden Studios games, like Buffy and Angel. Some character types were much more powerful based on the character sheet BUT other characters (like Xander) were buffed in a different direction. They were able to alter the way that the heroes would roll dice, helping them shine even more. Thankfully, there were benefits to the 'lesser' characters that incentivized using that mechanic.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Gamebook

Post by Gamebook »

I don't know if other people get this but while I know 'Kim Possible' is a cute way of saying 'Impossible' the presence of the K always make me think that it really means 'F***ing Impossible'. But that can't be right for an animated kids show.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:55 am This is the original Changeling. Wow, what a weird costume! So 70s!

I know, but I loved it! The colors and design seemed to work for him.
Jabroniville

Ron Stoppable

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImageImage

RON STOPPABLE
Played By:
Will Friedle
Role: Butt-Monkey, Clumsy Buffoon, Sidekick
PL 6 (90)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 7 (+8)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 8 (+8)
Expertise (School Mascot) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Cooking) 10 (+10)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 8 (+8)
Insight 2 (+2)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Equipment 1 (Grappling Hook), Improved Defense, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"The Ron Factor"
Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Penetrating) (Flaws: Limited to Objects, Uncontrolled) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
The Ron Factor +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Kim Possible)- The two were platonic best friends for years, with Ron always being close to Kim, but being bedraggled by her insistence on always going to extremes to succeed. However, as the years went by, he realized just how much she meant to him- the two finally hooked up romantically in So The Drama.
Relationship (Zita)- Ron had a crush on Zita, and even dated her for an episode or two.
Relationship (Yori)- Ron had a crush on his ninja classmate Yori, but was unaware that she shared his feelings.
Relationship (Parents)- Ron appears to respect and care for his parents, and even thought about becoming an actuary, like his father.
Relationship (Rufus)- Ron adores his pet Rufus, though is sometimes annoyed by how snarky he is.
---
Addiction (Nachos & Stuff)- Ron even creates Bueno Nacho's "Naco"- a combination nacho & burrito.
Accident (Clumsy)- Ron is actually quite athletic and acrobatic, but is prone to accidents, such as tripping over things, setting off alarms, or even tearing his own pants off using a grappling hook.
Reputation (Dork)- Ron is picked on by the kids at school, disregarded romantically by most girls his age, derided by his teacher Mr. Barkin ("The ideal man is big, and/or strong; you are neither"), and most of the villains laugh off his involvement.
Reputation (Lazy)- Even his friends acknowledge that Ron puts zero effort into things he doesn't care about or finds boring, such as homework.
Phobia (Camp Wannaweep)- Ron still has nightmares about his dreaded camp experience.
Phobia (Monkeys)- Though, to be fair, he IS frequently attacked by monkey ninjas.
Phobia (Other Things)- Ron possesses great fears of insects, spiders, mechanical horses, garden gnomes and ghosts.
---
Enemy (Dr. Drakken)- Drakken is Kim's biggest recurring nemesis, and can never remember Ron's name.
Enemy (Gill)- Gill was mutated in the very camp that Ron so despised, and still resents Ron.
Enemy (Other Villains)- Kim's Rogues Gallery also generally hates that kid whose name they can't always remember properly.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 15 (89)

-Much of Kim Possible's humor came from Ron Stoppable, played by Will Friedle, most famous for Boy Meets World (nerds most recognize him as Terry McGinnis on Batman Beyond). While Kim is multi-talented, athletic and cool, Ron is a clumsy doofus, prone to sight gags and being humiliated. A running gag is how little he's thought of by almost everyone but Kim- her father is enraged at the thought of Kimmie with boys, but "It's just Ron" gets a pass from him. Mr. Barkin openly disrespects him in front of the other students, thinking him a weakling. Dr. Drakken can't even remember his NAME! It's a terrific running gag, and is played up endlessly.

-Ron is usually this form of comic relief, commiserating with Kim over missions, typically at the Bueno Nacho, making remarks or cluelessly missing the point about things. Kim, to her credit, still adores him and keeps him around, defending him from others. While she's frequently annoyed by his trend-hopping, laziness (he puts all of a class project on her), inability to take anything seriously, and bouts of delusion or inanity (his fear of Camp Wannaweep), she's also legitimately shattered when she thinks he might be missing or hurt in some episodes. Ron, in turn, needles her about always taking on too much, or her inability to have fun and relax like he can. He's also a fountain of catcphrases, going on about his "Naco" (a burrito/nacho fusion), shouting "Boo-Yah!", and drooling over "Snackage".

-His inability to do anything is paid off again and again by his moments of awesomeness- in fact, much of the show's character growth is actually from RON, since Kim is already so good at things. In So The Drama, Drakken's plot to destroy Kim mentally and physically nearly works... but Ron, who's been suspicious of this kid Kim's been crushing on from the start, actually succeeds, saving the day. And when Drakken's plan goes to shit and everything's collapsing around him, Ron stands tall and demands, "WHAT'S my NAME?". And Drakken, whose inability to remember the slightest aspect of the sidekick's name for sixty-five episodes in a row, collapses in a heap and shouts "RON... STOPPABLE!". "BOO-yah" indeed.

-Ron can be a tricky character to stat, in that he's a clumsy dope who doesn't seem to be good at anything... but is still a remarkably good fighter who can deftly avoid certain things. Even the KP Wiki site acknowledges how inconsistent he appears to be on this front. It's weird to see him bullied by bigger kids at Middleton High when you watch another episode, and he acrobatically dodges the attacks of a mind-controlled Kim & Shego WHILE HANDCUFFED (even my brother- who'd never seen the show in his life- was like "Holy shit, that's AWESOME!" at the feat). As he says it, "Not dumb luck, Kim; dumb SKILLS". He's shown to be very cowardly, with a host of phobias, but nonetheless enjoys adventuring, and fights on despite his fears- the mark of one truly brave. Ultimately, I stuck him with stats two PLs below Kim's- enough that even Henchmen are quite dangerous (particularly if John Hench actually trained them).

-Ron's only truly consistent skill is his culinary ability. His brief taking over of the Home Economics class led to the school's cafeteria becoming a world class restaurant almost overnight, to the point where even MR. BARKIN was impressed.

-Ron, in the Series Finale, finally attains the Mystical Monkey Power, defeating the gigantic Warhok & Warmonga with a combination of Super-Strength, Flight and Telekinesis at high enough levels to kill the both by throwing them for a mile.

RUFUS
Played By:
Nancy Cartwight
Role: Animal Assist, Franchise Mascot
PL 2 (37)
STRENGTH
-5 STAMINA -4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+5)
Close Combat (Bite) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 4 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack 5

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Fun Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (6 inches) [25]
(-3 Strength, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (-5 Damage, DC 10)
Bite +7 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness -4, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Mole Rats cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects. Though Rufus is actually pretty good at it.
Weakness (Small Size)- At their natural size, Mole Rats are vulnerable to large creatures- even without good accuracy. Anything of Size Rank -2 or more (human size and up) using a melee attack on a Rat effectively strike with Burst Area Damage at their strength rank naturally.
Reputation (Disgusting)- Rufus's rodent appearance and hairless nature make him a target for scorn and disgust.

Total: Abilities: -16 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 7 (37)

-Rufus is our Franchise Mascot, and Ron's best buddy and pet. That he's a Naked Mole-Rat is part of the gag- he looks cutesy in the show (and is voiced by Bart Simpson herself with a squeaky, "Vaguely Speaking Words" style), yet is based off of a COMPLETELY DISGUSTING form of rodent. Naturally, Rufus is smart, capable, diurnal, not blind, and ultra-agile in Kim Possible, and can follow instructions like pushing buttons or biting at just the right time. He can even program a VCR or clear out a paper jam!

-Mole-Rats, naturally, make poor pets- they require large social colonies, must maintain a certain level of temperature and humidity, are nearly always tunnelling, and cannot be exposed to daylight.

Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

AGH OH MY GOD SKIRTZZZ DREW KP TWICE HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS!?!?!?!?

OMG SHEGGO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!!!!!!!!!!

Jabroniville

Wade

Post by Jabroniville »

Kim: Wade, Ron's missing. Can you find him?
Wade: Do you think I have him micro-chipped or something?
Kim: Well, do you?
Wade: [pause] Yeah…, hang on.

WADE
Played By:
Tahj Mowry
Role: Kid Genius, The "Q", Homebase Guy
PL 1 (31), PL 2 (31) Skills & Defenses
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -1 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+10)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Advanced Computer Set-Up), Inventor, Well-Informed

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness -1, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Kim Possible & Ron Stoppable)- Wade is the loyal tech guru in service to Kim and (to a lesser extent) Ron.
Relationship (Monique)- Wade develops a quick crush on her in one episode, but gets over it by the end.
Responsibility (Competitive)- Wade often gets too competitive with other geniuses.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (31)

-Wade was a huge element of the show, but typically rarely had a direct effect on things- he was a 10-year-old genius who sat on his home computer, building Kim's gadgets and advising Kim via her Kimmunicator (which he'd also built). Typically, every episode would feature the distinctive four-tone beeping, as Kim asks "Hey Wade- what's the sitch?", at which point he would give some quick exposition, some backstory, and even some detailed hints about gadgets. A very necessary character on a show like this, and one that was helpful in making Kim more relatable- SHE wasn't the Teen Genius, but she could rely on someone who was. Much like her tendency to hitch rides with past clients, this kept her more human and less "flawless superbeing".

-Wade is typically not given much backstory- in fact, it was a running gag that he was NEVER seen outside his room. He doesn't even have a last name! It was a big running gag that the gang had never met him in person, which was paid off brilliantly by him just casually showing up sometimes when there was nothing big going on- Ron's uber-shocked reaction was great. What little we see of him beyond "helpful genius" is an inquisitive nature, even against what most people would say is good judgement- with little provocation, he will hack into government databases.

-One episode of focus sees him crush on Kim's Black Best Friend, Monique, and even build a frickin' "Love Ray" that will make her like him better! However, he expresses guilt once he finally uses it, and Monique lets him down easily.

-Wade is an obese child, and no match for even regular henchmen, but is incredibly skilled at what he does- he's adept at gathering information on things via computers, a phenomenal hacker (only Drakken and others can put up firewalls strong enough to resist Wade's attention), and has invented the Kimmunicator, laser lipstick, the Battle Suit, and a Love Ray.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.