WAIFU WARZ - MISC. BUILDS - THE INCREADIBLE (NON)SHRINKING MAN

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: PRINCESS WARZ - BOWSETTE STEALS THE SHOW

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, nice. I remember the Bowsette meme well, because literally overnight I had 30+ images in my DeviantArt, and soon it grew to hundreds. EVERYONE wanted to take their crack at it. When artists catch a meme, you can see the wheels turn in their brains, and so all artists wanted in. Of course there were some "WAH I'M SICK OF HER ALREADY!" things, but it was pretty funny. A more low-key version of this happened with the dark-skinned Pokemon girl with the blue-ish hair recently (funny how dark skin & "anime features"- are popular, but more authentically-racial characters like Master Raven & Darli Dagger remain obscure).
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - Tomoe Mami (PL10)

Post by squirrelly-sama »

"If you use your wish to grant someone else's, you should be careful you know exactly why you are doing it. Are you really doing it for someone else's benefit? Or the opposite, you're doing it for that person's everlasting gratitude."

Tomoe Mami - PL 10
Sex: Female
Height: 156-159 cm | Weight: ? | Hair: Blonde | Eyes: Yellow
Role: Onee-sama, Yamato Nadesico, The Mature One, The Mentor, The Old Guard, Sacrificial Lion

Waifu Stats
Division - Welterweight
Series - Puella Magi Madoka Magi
Focus - Ranged Fighter, Tech-fighter
Dere Typing - Dandere, Nadesico

Strength 0, Stamina 4/2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Aerial Combat*, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Cool: Persuasion, Defensive Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge
*Unhindered by fighting in the air, is not vulnerable and can maneuver as normal.

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 5 (+5), Expertise: Magical Girl 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Guns 6 (+10), Stealth 1 (+5)

Powers
Guns and Ribbons
. . Regale Mimic: Summon 10 (duplicate; Heroic; Concentration)
. . Regale Snare: Move Object 10 (25 tons; Increased Duration: continuous)
. . Tiro Finale!: Damage 14 (DC 29; Improved Critical 4, Increased Range: ranged; Inaccurate 2: -4)
. . Tiro Volley!: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 20, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Tiro!: Damage 8 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Improved Critical 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Precise, Ricochet: 1 bounce, Split: 2 targets)

Puella Magi (Activation: Free Action)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 16 (Traits: Dodge +6 (+10), Parry +6 (+10), Stamina +2 (+4))
. . Leaping: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
. . Protection: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
. . Soul Gem: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week; Limited: Can be Killed By Breaking Soul Gem)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Regale Snare: Move Object 10, +10 (DC 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 15)
Tiro Finale!: Damage 14, +6 (DC 29)
Tiro Volley!: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Tiro!: Damage 8, +12 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 15)

Complications
Contract - Puella Magi: In order to become a Magical Girl one has to enter a contract with Kyuubey, in exchange for a wish the become Puella Magi. They are blessed with a body and the power to fight Witches but must forever do so to survive. Puella Magi cannot be separated from their Soul Gem or else their body will cease functioning until it is returned. Whenever they use magic or feel despair their Soul Gem Corrupts, the darker it becomes the closer they are to death, this can only be reversed by using Grief Seeds harvested from Witches.
Credens Justitiam: Mami has a strong sense of personal justice, and believes in using her powers to protect people from witches as well as to help others. This puts her at odds with other magical girls who do no wish to risk their lives unnecessarily or have become competitive and apathetic as the harshness of the reality of being a magical girl forcing them to abandon their morals to survive.
Enemy - Witches: As a Puella Magi Mami must fight and kill witches to survive.
Motivation - Acceptance: Due to her responsibilities as a Magical Girl preventing her from making friends, her strong morals causing friction in partnerships with Puella, and her status as an orphan Mami is incredibly lonely and is desperate to bond with anyone she can. She often goes out of her way to seek out, train, and protect new magical girls and act as a mentor figure.

Languages
Japanese

Defense
Dodge 10/4, Parry 10/4, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 62 + Advantages 17 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 150

Notes:
Tomoe Mami, one of the 5 main characters of the 2011 magical anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica. While certainly not the first, even in the time period it came out in, Madoka Magica is the most well known example of a Dark Magical Girl anime and is usually seen as the catalyst for the rapid change to the genre from cutesy pink magic casters with an uplifting message to hard action and gritty realism/cynicism. And Mami herself played a rather important part in that transition.

Prior to the series start, as a young girl, Mami was orphaned in a car crash and approached by Kyuubey while badly injured and offered a wish in exchange for becoming a Magical Girl. While the wish was never explicitly stated she admitted that she wished to save herself, with speculation on the wording (given her eventual fate) being along the lines of wishing not to die alone. She is orphaned and realizes that she used her wish selfishly, to save herself while forgetting about her parents. She began to operate as a solo magical girl for several years before taking in Sakura Kyoko (another of the main characters) as a protege and partner before eventually splitting apart due to Kyoko's more selfish and callous nature.

Mami appears in the first episode of the anime, rescuing both the title character and her friend, Sayaka Miki, from a witch and setting up the basics for the plot. She lets them know there exist monsters that pray on humans, called Witches, and that she is a magical girl who hunts down these witches. As the girls express interest in becoming Magical Girls as well she decides to take them under her wing and mentor them. This is set up simultaneously with casting suspicion on another Magical girl who appeared in the episode, Homura Akemi, who was attacking Kyuubey the stereotypical cute mascot character that can turn them into magical girls and grant them one wish.

Mami shows the girls the ropes for a couple episodes, showcasing her strength and expertise as a veteran. With her classy act, mature attitude, and her honest well meaning nature she acts as a rather classical example of a magical girl, even going so far as naming her special attacks and showing off for her friends. This unfortunately leads to episode 3 and the point where Madoka went from a normal if darkly dramatic magical anime (not unlike Princess Tutu or Utena which predated it by over a decade) to a gritty deconstruction of the genre not unlike Evangelion's take on Mecha Anime.

While in the middle of a rather spectacular battle and finally feeling fulfilled at finding friends who will stay beside her as magical girls Mami, despite her years of experience, makes a mistake and doesn't pay enough attention to a Witch she thinks she's finished off. This comes back to quite literally bite her moments later as the witch comes back to life and quickly rips off her head before she can react and then proceeds to eat her body. This turned the series on it's head, sticking in the mind of many viewers as probably the most iconic moment of the series as all previous assumptions are thrown into question. Mami, who was established as a powerful and skillful magical girl and Madoka and Sayaka's mentor is dead, Homura is the one that saves them, we start to learn the dark truths about magical girls and witches that Mami tried to protect the girls from as well as the horrors even she was not aware of.

When Homura's nature as a time looper is eventually revealed we get to see more of Mami from alternate timelines where Homura failed to protect Mitakihara and Madoka. Her original Timeline had Mami mentoring both Madoka and Homura and helping them fight powerful witches until the city is destroyed by Walpurgus Nacht, the oldest and most powerful witch on earth. With subsequent loops we see alternate versions of Mami, including one in which she and the others first learn the dark truth about the nature of Magical Girls and their relationship to witches. In this Timeline Mami could not take the revelation that they were destined to simply become the very monsters that they hunt and that the existence of Magical Girls was meaningless and so proceeds to try to kill the other girls, acting intelligently despite her shock she captures Homura who could stop time to rescue the girls or kill her and then launches a suprise attack on the next biggest threat and kills Kyoko by breaking her soul gem only to be killed by Madoka who she mistakenly assumed would be too in shock to attack her before she could be dealt with.

It isn't until the Rebellion movie that we get to really see Mami shine, however. Where before Mami was a little impressive with a lot of hype that didn't get to be seen before her unceremonious death Rebellion takes place in an Alternate future in which Mami and the other girls had survived the events of the anime due to wish shenanigans and Incubator dickery. It's in Rebellion that we get probably the most anticipated fight in the whole series, Mami vs Homura. The seasoned veteran and self made warrior maiden vs Magical Girl The Punisher with the cheatiest power ever. The girl who trained her power to create ribbons into the power to create flintlock muskets that shoot ribbons vs the girl who can stop time and has an unlimited supply of high grade military weapons ranging from sniper rifles to mortars to missile launchers.

Mami, of course, wins.

Despite not being the title character and her lack of presence in much of the later part of the plot of PMMM Mami became one of the series most popular characters, possibly even more so than the shows own heroine. Mami herself won the 2011 Saimoe award, an internet popularity contest in Japan hosted on 2chanel one of Japans most popular forum sites, showing that Mami was one of the most popular female characters in all the anime released that year. She is also the only magical girl to have a speaking role in all three main series Puella Magica stories; Madoka Magica, Oriko Magica, and Kazumi Magica.

Fun thematic note: Mami is rather clearly a representation of traditional Magical Girls, being elegant, friendly, idealistic, and flamboyant in her fighting style including shouting the name of her attacks. Thus when the Witch Kills her it also kills all the previously held notions Magical Girls.

Minor bit of Trivia, Mami is implied to be of mixed blood. Specifically Italian. All of her attack names are in Italian and her name is the only one in the show to be written in Katakana instead of Hiragana, something that's usually done to show that a word is being pronounced in an odd manner such as with foreign words or strange accents.
Last edited by squirrelly-sama on Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Re: WAIFU WARZ - TOMOE MAMI SHOOTS FOR THE TOP!

Post by Spectrum »

squirrelly-sama is back!

Have you brought us a bunch of new waifus?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
squirrelly-sama

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:18 pm squirrelly-sama is back!

Have you brought us a bunch of new waifus?
Just the one for now, ended up hearing her theme song again and remembered I really loved this character.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ah, so THAT'S the story of Puella Magi Madoka Magica- the name that... keeps popping up every time I look up anime, but I had no idea what it was, or how to quantify it against all the other "random words that mean nothing to me" anime titles. That's interesting, and a fun look at how the culture of anime changes- turning the cutesy animation and named attacks to something much darker is an interesting twist. But you're saying they did a lot of Tenchi-style Alternate Universe movies & one-offs as well?
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:27 am Ah, so THAT'S the story of Puella Magi Madoka Magica- the name that... keeps popping up every time I look up anime, but I had no idea what it was, or how to quantify it against all the other "random words that mean nothing to me" anime titles. That's interesting, and a fun look at how the culture of anime changes- turning the cutesy animation and named attacks to something much darker is an interesting twist. But you're saying they did a lot of Tenchi-style Alternate Universe movies & one-offs as well?
From what I know, there's a lot of manga spinoffs, owing to the whole "Groundhog Day Loop" aspect leading to many different alternate timelines.
squirrelly-sama

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:27 am Ah, so THAT'S the story of Puella Magi Madoka Magica- the name that... keeps popping up every time I look up anime, but I had no idea what it was, or how to quantify it against all the other "random words that mean nothing to me" anime titles. That's interesting, and a fun look at how the culture of anime changes- turning the cutesy animation and named attacks to something much darker is an interesting twist. But you're saying they did a lot of Tenchi-style Alternate Universe movies & one-offs as well?
Venturing into spoiler territory but the anime is almost a decade old now. The plotline is that it follows Madoka Kaname, a young girl who was saved by a monster called Witches by the Magical Girl Tomoe Mami and Madoka wanting to also become a magical girl and save people as well. However things do not go as you would expect, as soon after taking Madoka and her friend Sayaka under her wing to prepare them for becoming a Puella magi Mami dies to the witches in front of them shattering their world view and throwing the future into question. The girls are saved by Homura, a sketchy dark magical girl whom had fought Mami before and was increadibly suspicious and then warned off becoming Magical Girls. Sayaka does not heed the warning and decides to contract with Kyuubey in order to get her wish granted and become a magical girl. However her wish to heal a boy she likes backfires as he, being unaware, is not immediately falling for her and instead is snatched away by another girl. Sayaka falls into a spiral of despair, partnering up with another sketchy magical girl named Kyouko but eventually leaves her behind too and goes crazy and turns into a Witch. Madoka is constantly in danger and worried about her friends and her own powerlessness but also is hesitant to become a magical girl as well and be cursed to the same horrible fates as her friends. Things happen, Sayaka gets put down but Kyouko dies, Homura's past is revealed as a time traveler who wished to be able to save Madoka from her eventual death but is doomed to constantly fail. Eventually as everyone has died, the queen of all witches is destroying the city in the form of a hurricane, and Homura's last stand to kill it fails leaving her half dead Madoka decides to use her wish and become a magical girl to save everyone. This is shocking and worrying since the last time this happened Madoka killed the witch queen but ended up immediately turning into the new Witch Queen. However Madoka logic bombs the wishing for a paradox that erases witches from existence end effectively becomes god but in doing so retcons her existence and hits the universal reset button. In the end Magical Girls still exist, are still fighting monsters, but their fates are not so horrid anymore as they no longer are destined to become the things they hunt.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

At the cost of being labelled a bigger weirdo than Jab, out of all the deconstruction magical girls mangas, the only one I enjoyed is Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
squirrelly-sama

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 am At the cost of being labelled a bigger weirdo than Jab, out of all the deconstruction magical girls mangas, the only one I enjoyed is Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
It's about a 7/10 on the Grimdark scale. 0 is Doremi and 10 being Magical Girl SITE.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 am At the cost of being labelled a bigger weirdo than Jab, out of all the deconstruction magical girls mangas, the only one I enjoyed is Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
b-bigger weirdo? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? I'm not weird! Just because a guy stats up a few TV shows meant for small children, and a few lines of dolls meant for little girls!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:09 pm It's about a 7/10 on the Grimdark scale. 0 is Doremi and 10 being Magical Girl SITE.
While I'm not usually attracted by this kind of stories, I don't mind the grimdark element here because it's "belivable grimdark", rather than something tacked on just for the sake of drama. I have no problem admitting that a lot of this believability comes from the tropes of military fiction genre, but it works for me.
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:53 am b-bigger weirdo? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? I'm not weird! Just because a guy stats up a few TV shows meant for small children, and a few lines of dolls meant for little girls!
That's true. My apologies.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
squirrelly-sama

HUSBANDO WARZ - Sekiro (PL8)

"Do what must be done."

Wolf - Shinobi of The Divine Heir - PL 8
Sex: Male
Height: ~5'2 | Weight: ? | Hair: Black (White Streak) | Eyes: Brown
Role: The Player Character, The Stoic One, The Devoted Protector, The Determinator

Husbando Stats
Division - Welterweight
Series - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Focus - Melee, Defensive, Stealth
Dere Typing - Stoic, Loyal Protector, Silver Fox

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 8, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+10), Close Combat: Sword 2 (+10), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise: Shinobi 6 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Thrown 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+12)

Powers
Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
Death Blow: Feature 1 (Notes: Lower Active Defenses by 5 and increase damage ranks by 5, only usable against defenseless targets.)
Deflect: Feature 1 (Notes: After a successful defense check when taking a defensive action you can perform a feint maneuver using your Close Attack skill +10 as the DC.)
Dragon Heritage: Immortality 18 (Return after 12 seconds; Limited 2: Only Once per scene, Limited: Does not recover damage)
Healing Gourd: Healing 6 (Removable; Action: move; Distracting, Limited: Self Only)

Kusabimaru: Strength-based Damage 2 (Easily Removable, DC 21; Improved Critical)

Shinobi Prosthetic (Removable)
. . Grappling Hook: Movement 1 (Swinging)
. . Prosthetic Tools
. . . . Flame Vent: Damage 8 (DC 23; Improved Critical 2, Secondary Effect; Distracting)
. . . . Loaded Shuriken: Damage 4 (DC 19; Accurate: +2, Improved Critical, Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Shinobi Fireworks: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, Dazed, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Stunned, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Custom: Move Action To Use, Extra Condition, Feature 2: 4 Ranks of Improved Critical vs Animals Only.; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +12
Flame Vent: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 14)
Kusabimaru: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 21)
Loaded Shuriken: Damage 4, +12 (DC 19)
Shinobi Fireworks: Affliction 8, +8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 18)
Throw, +10 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 19)

Complications
Disability - One Armed Wolf: Having lost his arm while defending his lord Wolf has replaced it with the Shinobi Prosthetic. The Prosthetic is able to be used in place of a normal arm and houses his shinobi tools, however if it is disabled he is unable to use them nor his left arm.
Honor - The Iron Code: A nameless urchin, Wolf was adopted by the Great Shinobi Owl and given purpose as a shinobi. As a shinobi Wolf must follow the Iron Code, devoting his absolute loyalty to first his father and then his Lord and follow their orders without question.
Responsibility - Shinobi of Kuro the Divine Heir: The shinobi of the Divine Heir, Wolf has devoted himself to serving his Lord and has chosen to aid him on the path of ridding the world of the curse of immortality lest it continue to corrupt the hearts of men.
Weakness - Posture Mechanics: Attacks cannot be weathered indefinitely, a barrage of attacks will surely eventually break even the most masterful warrior, opening him up for critical strikes. For every attack parried or taken a penalty is suffered lowering resistance to being made defenseless and open to a critical strike.

Languages
Japanese

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 28 + Advantages 10 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 120

Notes:
The Player Character of the game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, the newest edition to Fromsoft's of amazing but controller smashingly difficult games. Sekiro tells the story of Wolf, a once nameless war orphan who was taken in by the Great Shinobi Owl after the war to unify the land of Ashina. Raised as a living weapon, a shinobi, Wolf was tasked to serve the Divine Heir only for the land to fall into chaos and Wolf to lose his master and his will to continue on, living in disgrace waiting for death Wolf is delivered a message by a mysterious person informing him of his Lord's survival and current location. The plot follows as Wolf fights to save Kuro, the Divine Heir, and fight for his lords wish to sever the bonds of Immortality which has corrupted the lives of mortals in the land of Ashina.
Jabroniville

Re: WAIFU WARZ - Ochako Uraraka (PL8)

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, you posted these all at once so I missed them, lol. I was too distracted by your Elena of Avalor builds, I swear!

squirrelly-sama wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:34 pm Image
Ochako Uraraka - Uravity - PL 8
Yeah, this seems like a great case for "Best Girl"- not too feminine to freak out the little boys reading, not too fanservicey to turn girls off the character (or be the puerile "Fap Bait" one- a usually-common role in shonen), and she seems like a nice, friendly character from what you've said here.

I like the notion of "taking a weird power and running with it"- it shows more cleverness than the usual American comic book thing of "give them a standard-issue power, or the Full Strength Package". The "Uses Gravity to Give Impressions of Super-Strength" thing is a fun effect, though it could "Affects Others" if other characters have been shown moving stuff that she moved. I guess that's not QUITE a rules-legal depiction of how that Extra works, but I'd allow it as a GM :).
Jabroniville

Re: WAIFU WARZ -Tsuyu Asui (PL8)

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:35 pm Image
Tsuyu Asui - Froppy - PL 8
Man, this character is EVERYWHERE. I swear, despite her goofy looks, she's also the most popular character in terms of Fanservicey pics of the series. I guess she's the perfect combination of "Ugly Cute", in that she's odd-looking, but not in a hideous way. That the artist gave her a standard-issue nice body didn't hurt.

I notice she's got high AWA, and seems to be an overall "Super-Defense" character. Hard to hit and get a hold of. Certainly the best use of an "Amphibian" power-set, comparing her to The Toad or Frog-Man/Leap-Frog over at Marvel.

ah, the "Class Pervert" trope. If Mineta can see past her odd appearance, why shouldn't everyone, lol.
Jabroniville

Re: WAIFU WARZ - Momo Yaoyorozu (PL8)

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:36 pm Image
Ah, now THIS is the Fanservicey One, I see. Wow, REALLY high INT & AWA scores- this character looks like a genius. And her power is to just Make Stuff- this is the one mentioned on the Discord chat! Weapon Summoner is actually more rare in comics than I would have guessed, but it's a pretty ideal "Shonen Manga Ability".

Oh, and there I see the "Popular Upperclasswoman" gimmick added onto her as well. Interesting how they also made her the cleavagey one. With a built-in story excuse, lol!

I guess the more powerful weapons can be used as Power Attack, one-off "Extra Effort", or the like. Extraordinary Effort could work as well.