Dodgson's Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Dodgson

Dodgson's Builds

Post by Dodgson »

A place for my builds and maybe some rambling, comments and criticism always welcome.
Last edited by Dodgson on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dodgson

Re: Dodgson's Builds

Post by Dodgson »

House Rules

Now I fully admit that my builds are on the higher end of what the system allows and to that end I've tinkered, borrowed and stole a number of house rules over the years, largely to try and streamline things and remove what I see as unnecessary point taxes that are levied on certain concepts.

Alternate Resistance
Alternate Resistance Fortitude, Toughness & Will are all ranked as +0/per rank Extras. They're are all balanced against each other and I don't see a reason why a Psychic with Ranged Damage 10 (Alternate Resistance:Will) should be charged more than an Energy Controller with Ranged Damage 10.

As a side note, after much trial and error, I have adopted Alternate Resistance:Defence as a way to represent 'so dangerous the only thing you can do is get out of the way' attacks. This is a +1/per rank Extra and targets a character's defence stat with the caveat that being rendered Vulnerable/Defenceless doesn't factor in to the equation as it just became far too easy to abuse otherwise.

Defence
Dodge & Parry are gone, instead they're replace with a single stat called Defence. There's no reason that a Speedster or Badass Normal should have to pay more for their concept than a Powerhouse and with To-hit rolls being binary and Resistance rolls being graded the game already favours Toughness shifts any way.

Expertise
Expertise is now a ranked skill, each point gives you another expertise at your total skill rank, these can be swapped out for languages or EP at a 1:1 & 2:1 rate respectively.

Luck
Even assuming everybody hits their caps and has attacks roughly in the same ballpark (say 3 points a rank) there can still be an enormous disparity in character effectiveness depending on who did and didn't spend 2/PL points on Luck, so that's gone too, instead every PC starts each adventure with 3HP.
Last edited by Dodgson on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Ciel Retarius

PL8 (116/120)

STR:2
STA:4
AGL:0
FGT:0
DEX:0
INT:0
AWE:0
PRE:0

Skills:
Expertise 0 (Dust) (+10)
Expertise 0 (Fishing) (+10)
Expertise 0 (Grimm) (+10)
Expertise 0 (Singing) (+10)
Expertise 0 (Survival) (+10)
Insight 14 (+14)
Investigation 10 (+10)
Perception 14 (+14)
Stealth 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Assessment, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (Scroll), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 2, Second Chance (STR vs Disarm), Skill Mastery 2 (Insight/Perception), Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:

-Aura [8]
Enhanced Strength 8 (Permanent)(Limited Combat Only, Limited Defensive Uses Only) [4]
Protection 4 [4]

-Aura-Fueled Parkour [1]
Flight 2 (Platform, Quirk:Must Start/End Movement on a Supported Surface)

-Stoic [5]
Immunity 10 (Interaction & Emotion Effects)(Limited to Half Effect)

-Expertise [4]
Enhanced Intellect 10 (Limited 2 [Expertise Only]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Jack of All Trades), Feature/Quirk (Jack of All Trades only applies to Expertise skills, but guarantees use of Int for Expertise skills), Quirk 2 (Int bonus only applies to one Expertise skill per 2 ranks)

-Huntress' Mancia [5] (Easily Removable -1) [4]
Enhanced Defence 4 [4]
Immunity 2 (Critical Hits)(Unreliable) [1]

-Semblance:Adaption [10]
Variable 1 (Environmental Adaptions)(Reduced Action:Reaction)

-Trident/Rifle:Array [36+3] (Easily Removable -14) [25]
"Covering Fire" Ranged Damage 8 (Multiattack) Linked to Deflect 8;Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Deadshot" Perception Damage 8, Enhanced Linked Perception Affliction 8 (Vulnerable/Defenceless, Toughness)(Limited Degree, Limited:Requires Move Action to Aim) [32]
[AE]"Weighted Net" Ranged Damage 8 Linked to Ranged Affliction 8 (Vulnerable&Dazed/Stunned&Defenseless/Paralysed, Prowess)(Extra Condition)(Limited:First Track Limited Degree/Second Limited to Physical Actions);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Envenomed Tip" Damage 8 Linked to Affliction 8 (Impaired/Disabled/Paralysed, Fortitude)(Cumulative, Secondary Effect);Accurate 4 [36]

Offense:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +0 (DC17)
"Covering Fire" +8 (DC23+Multiattack Toughness)
"Deadshot" -- (DC23/18 Toughness)
"Weighted Net" +8 (DC23 Toughness & DC18 Prowess)
"Envenomed Tip" +8 (DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude)

Defences:
Defence:4/8 [4]
Toughness:8
Fortitude:8 [4]
Will:8 [8]

Total: Abilities:12/Skills:23/Advantages:12/Powers:57/Defenses:16

Complications:

GRCE [Responsibility]
As much as their antics might make her roll her eyes, her training team are the closest thing she has to a family.

Wallflower [Quirk]
Ciel isn't the most social adept of girls, often finding herself dragged along in the wake of stronger personalities even if she doesn't think it's a good idea.

Background:

Made an orphan when her family's fishing boat was attacked by Grimm, becoming a Huntress was an obvious choice for Ciel and she threw herself in to her work at Canopy (a training academy that is to Vacuo's own Shade Academy as Signal is to Beacon) where she made her custom trident/rifle but very few friends, never the most social of people in the first place she prefered it that way.

She couldn't keep this isolation up forever though and during Shade's entrance exam she encountered three other girls and one encounter with a giant angry crab later team GRCE was formed where she's served as a second-in-command and level headed voice of reason ever since.

I had to open this thread with something and since V7 of RWBY just dropped why not some NPCs from a game I once ran set in the, at the time, more or less undefined kingdom of Vacuo. From what little we'd seen at the point, students without uniforms and desert, I'd decided Shade was the scrappy underdog school from Remnant Australia and everything else just flowed from there.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Rokurou Tachibana

PL8 (120)

STR:0
STA:4

Skills:
Expertise (Current Events) 0 (+6)
Expertise (Sport) 0 (+6)
Expertise (Streetwise) 4 (+10)
Insight 10 (+10)
Intimidation 12 (+12)
Perception 8 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 2 (Fighter's Eye 2[+5 to Insight when using Assessment]) Connected, Fearless, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Sidekick 10, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:

-Expertise [2]
Enhanced Intellect 6 (Limited 2 [Expertise Only]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Jack of All Trades), Feature/Quirk (Jack of All Trades only applies to Expertise skills, but guarantees use of Int for Expertise skills), Quirk 2 (Int bonus only applies to one Expertise skill per 2 ranks)

-Athletic [1]
Flight 2 (Platform, Quirk:Must Start/End Move on a Supported Surface)

-The Boss [4]
Enhanced Persuasion 12 (Permanent)(Limited to Members of Her Gang)

-Uncanny Defensive Roll [3]
Protection 4 (Quirk:Not if Stunned&Defenceless)

-Strength Training [2]
Enhanced Strength 2 (Permanent)(Limited:Non-Damaging)

-Brawler:Array [20+3]
"Flurry of Blows" Damage 8 (Multiattack);Accurate 4 [20]
[AE]"Grappling" Damage 8 Linked to Move Object 8 (Reduced Range);Accurate 4 [20]
[AE]"Haymaker" Damage 8 Linked to Weaken Toughness 8 (Resisted by Toughness);Accurate 4 [20]
[AE]"Sucker Punch" Damage 8 Linked to Affliction 8 (Impaired&Dazed/Disabled&Stunned, Fort)(Extra Condition)(Limited Degree);Accurate 4 [20]

-Magic Staff [27] (Easily Removable -10) [17]
"Artifact" Feature 1 (Indestructible) [1]
"Never Doing That" Feature 1 (Quick Change) [1]
"I Guess That's Pretty Cool" Flight 8 (Platform)(Reduced Athletic 1) [7]
"Oh Hey, This is Actually Good for Something" Enhanced Brawler 16 (Feature 2: Adds 2 AEs to Brawler) [18]

-Brawler:Array (With Staff) [36+5]
"Flurry of Sparkles" Damage 8 (Area:Targeted Burst, Multiattack, Selective);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Cutie Homerun" Damage 8 Linked to Move Object 8 (Contagious)(Reduced Range, Limited to Away) Linked to Affliction 8 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Fort)(Contagious);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Pretty Haymaker" Damage 8 Linked to Weaken Defences 8 (Resisted by Fortitude)(Broad, Simultanious);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Staff Smash" Damage 8 Linked to Affliction 8 (Impaired&Dazed/Disabled&Stunned/Transformed, Will)(Cumulative, Extra Condition[Limited Degree]) Linked to Weaken Will 8 (Resisted by Will) (Limited:Only vs Her);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Purification Beam" Nullify Magic 8 (Broad, Increased Duration:Continuous)(Limited:Only Until the End of the Scene);Accurate 4 [36]
[AE]"Shining Cannon" Ranged Damage 8 (Alternate Resistance:Defence)(Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge) Linked to Ranged Affliction 8 (Vulnerable/Defenceless/Incapacitated)(Alternate Resistance::Defence)(Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge) [36]

Offense:
Initiative +8
"Flurry of Blows" +8 (DC23+Multiattack Toughness)
"Grappling" +8 (DC23 Toughness & DC18 Strength/Defence)
"Haymaker" +8 (DC23/18 Toughness)
"Sucker Punch" +8 (DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude)
-----
"Flurry of Sparkles" +8 (DC23 Toughness)
"Cutie Homerun" +8 (DC23 Toughness, DC18 Fortitude & DC18 Strength/Defence)
"Pretty Haymaker" +8 (DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude)
"Staff Smash" +8 (DC23 Damage & DC18 Will)
"Purification Beam" +8 (DC18 Will)
"Shining Cannon" +8 (DC23/18 Defence)

Defenses:

Defence:8 [8]
Toughness:4/8
Fortitude:8 [4]
Will:8 [8]

Total: Abilities:8/Skills:17/Advantages:22/Powers:52/Defenses:20

Complications:

Wanna Fight About It? [Motivation]
Rokurou lives and breathes violence and doesn't particularly care if her opponent is a human or a demon.

Furry Asshole [Relationship]
Rokurou has a...fractious relationship with her mentor.

Sukeban [Relationship/Reputation/Responsibility]
It's no secret that Rokurou is the leader of a gang of female delinquents.

Sandal

PL8 (50)

STR:-3
STA:-2

Skills:
Expertise (All) 0 (+18)
Insight 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Jack of All Trades, Ritualist

Powers:

-Wisdom [9]
Enhanced Intelligence 18 (Permanent)(Limited 2:Expertise Only)

-Talking Cat [14]
Feature 1 (People Hear his Voice as Meows Unless He Wants Them to) [1]
Feature 2 (-2 Size Rank) [2]
Flight 2 (Platform, Quirk:Must Start/End Move on a Supported Surface) [5]
Movement 2 (Safe Fall)(Limited:Only Halves Distance) [1]
Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing)[5]

-Magic Talking Cat [7]
Feature 1 (Can Perform Minor Feats of Magic) [1]
Protection 6 [6]

Defenses:

Toughness:4
Fortitude:6 [8]
Will:6 [6]

Total: Abilities:-10/Skills:6/Advantages:2/Powers:30/Defenses:22

Complications:

Cat [Disability]
Sandal can't easily manipulate objects and even when people can understand him they seldom take him seriously

What's Done is Done...[Relationship/Responsibility]
It's Sandal's duty to encourage Rokurou to walk the path of love and justice...or at least channel her violence constructively

Fish Out of Water [Power Loss]
Whilst Sandal is incredibly knowledgeable about things ancient and mystical he's practically clueless when it comes to the modern day and so his Wisdom power doesn't apply to these topics.

Background

Once upon a time the Sandal the Great and Wise was dispatched to the mortal world with a mission of the upmost importance, to find a maiden upon whom he could bestow great power to fight against the worse creatures of human imagining as champion of love and justice! Unfortunately for him it was only after finding such a girl and bestowing upon her his magic staff that he discovered she was a violent thug. These days he simply consoles himself that she's equally keen to fight demons as she is people and drowns his sorrows in sushi.

So I saw this image and my brain just went 'delinquent magical girl' and here we are, I kind of see her living in River City Girls style world or maybe something like a fighting game, I dunno.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh hey! Sorry I didn't check out this topic sooner. I usually like to welcome new people to the "Character Sheets" page :).

Agreed on Targeting Fortitude in particular being the same cost as targeting Toughness- not many guys have a lesser Fort than Toughness.

I never remember to utilize the "Luck" Advantage in my builds- largely because most characters I stat up come from established sources, and most protagonists are rarely lucky (that would ruin the drama).
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:33 am Oh hey! Sorry I didn't check out this topic sooner. I usually like to welcome new people to the "Character Sheets" page :).

Agreed on Targeting Fortitude in particular being the same cost as targeting Toughness- not many guys have a lesser Fort than Toughness.

I never remember to utilize the "Luck" Advantage in my builds- largely because most characters I stat up come from established sources, and most protagonists are rarely lucky (that would ruin the drama).
Oh wow, my first comment and it's from the O-est of Gs :D (I actually stole the template that a use from your old thread back on the Atomic Think Tank many many moons ago)

Yeah the thing with Luck is, if you build your character right, it basically says 'You succeed at this check' for the value of however many times you bought. The disparity of which gets pretty blatant pretty fast even if everything else is equal between party members.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Nemean

PL10 (137/150)

STR:10
STA:10

Skills:
Expertise (Actor) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Current Events) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Superhumans) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Popular Culture) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Sports) 0 (+10)
Insight 8 (+8)
Perception 8 (+8)
Persuasion 10 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive, Benefit 3 (Fame/Wealth 2), Connected, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Powers:

-Expertise [4]
Enhanced Intellect 10 (Limited 2 [Expertise Only]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Jack of All Trades), Feature/Quirk (Jack of All Trades only applies to Expertise skills, but guarantees use of Int for Expertise skills), Quirk 2 (Int bonus only applies to one Expertise skill per 2 ranks)

-Unbreakable Skin [34]
Immunity 40 (Kinetic Effects)(Quirk 8:Piercing/Slashing Effects Only) [32]
Protection 2 [2]

-Powerful Limbs:Dynamic Array [9+3]
"Hyper-Parkour" Flight 10 (Platform, Quirk:Must Begin/End Movement on a Supported Surface) [9]
[DAE]"Super Strength" Enhanced Strength 9 (Limited:Non-Damaging) [9]

-Feats of Strength:Array [15+3]
"Lion's Roar (Handclap)" Strength-Based Damage 0 (Area:Burst), Enhanced Extra (Area:Burst)(Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge) [15]
[AE]"Heavy Slam" Strength-Based Damage 0 Linked to Affliction 10 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Fort);Accurate 5 [15]
[AE]"Hammer Punch" Strength-Based Damage 0 Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Resisted by Toughness);Accurate 5 [15]
[AE]"Titanic Blow" Strength-Based Damage 0 Linked to Move Object 10 (Contagious)(Reduced Range, Limited to Away);Accurate 5 [15]

Offense:
Initiative +4
"Lions Roar" -- (DC20 Dodge & DC25/20 Toughness)
"Heavy Slam" +10 (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Fortitude)
"Hammer Punch" +10 (DC25/20 Toughness)
"Titanic Blow" +10 (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Strength/Defence)

Defenses:

Toughness:12
Fortitude:10
Will:10 [10]

Total: Abilities:40/Skills:13/Advantages:11/Powers:68/Defenses:18

Complications:

Glory Hound [Motivation/Reputation]
It isn't exactly a secret that Nemean loves the spotlight

Hero for Hire [Responsibility]
Nemean will defend anybody (as long as they're not blatantly evil) for a price

Market Leader [Rivalry]
There's a friendly (and sometimes not so friendly) sense of competition between the various heroes for hire

Background:

A former actor who was given superhuman strength and unbreakable skin when his metagene activated during a stunt gone wrong on the set of DynoShark 3. Always something of a thrill seeker he quickly abandonded the world of the straight to DVD schlock to seek even greater fame and fortune as a hero for hire.

Inspiration struck when I was boredly clicking Randomn on the Superpowers Wiki and hit Nemean Lion Physiology, he's basically a slightly less street level Luke Cage but I figured I should prove that I could build something other than PL8 girls with weapons. As an aside if anyone's reading this, I see a lot of builds around here with great images and I was wondering where it was that everybody found them. Is there a stash somewhere I don't know about or am I just not rummaging through Deviant Art hard enough?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Abigail Williams (Foreigner)

P10 (150)

Skills:
Expertise (Religion) 6 (+6)
Insight 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Persuasion 8 (+8)
Stealth 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit: Cute 2, Holding Back, Move-by Action

Powers:

-Entity of the Outer Realm [22]
Immunity 20 (Life Support & Mental Effects) [20]
Protection 2 [2]

-The Silver Key:Array [20+2]
"Unbound" Teleport 5 (Accurate, Extended) [20]
[AE]"Slip through Space" Teleport 5 (Increased Mass 5, Precise, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout, Feature [Can divide among multiple teleports, functioning as movement for purposes of relevant advantages]) [20]
[AE]"Walk in Eternity" Movement 6 (Dimensional Travel 3, Space Travel 3, Time Travel 3)(Increased Mass 2) [20]

-Vessel of Sut-Typhon:Array [45+3]
"Qliphoth Rhizome" Perception Damage 10 (Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge, Unreliable:5 Uses) Linked to Perception Weaken Defences 10 (Resisted by Will)(Broad, Simulatenous) (Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge, Unreliable:5 Uses) [40]
[AE]"Outer Tendrils" Move Object 10 (Damaging, Multiattack);Accurate 5, [45]
[AE]"Portals to Elsewhere" Ranged Damage 10 (Area:Burst 2, Variable Descriptor 2:Environmental) [42]
[AE]"Loss of Sanity" Affliction 10 (Impaired&Dazed&Vulnerable/Disabled&Stunned&Defenceless, Will)(Area:Perception, Cumulative Extra Condition x2)(Limited Degree) [40]

Offense:
Initiative +0
"Qilphoth Rhizome" -- (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Will)
"Outer Tendrils" +10 (DC25+Multiattack Toughness or DC20+Multiattack Dodge/Strength)
"Portals to Elsewhere" -- (DC20 Dodge & DC25/20 Toughness)
"Loss of Sanity" -- (DC20 Dodge & DC20 Will)

Defenses:

Total: Abilities:20/Skills:16/Advantages:4/Powers:92/Defenses:18

Complications:

Are You My Master? [Relationship]
In the context of a Grail War Abigail is (in theory) beholden to the commands of the Master that summoned her. If they die so does she and she can't refuse an order backed up by a command spell.

Merely a Girl of Her Age [Quirk]
Despite being a powerful Servant Abigail still looks and acts like a 12 year old girl.

Amen [Motivation]
Abigail is a devote Puritan.

Background:
To celebrate by ungodly gatcha luck (THREE TICKETS) here's Fate/Grand Order's newest 5-star and centrepiece of the Salem singularity, Abigail Williams! This build definitely undersells what Abby's capable of but I wanted to see if I could par down the essentials to PL10/150, honestly Servants in general are waaaay higher than PL10 and some of Abby's own feats in Salem lean PLX.

I swear if I could find a satisfying way to model them I'd run that game in a heartbeat...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Dodgson wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:48 am Image

Abigail Williams (Foreigner)

P10 (150)

Skills:
Expertise (Religion) 6 (+6)
Insight 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Persuasion 8 (+8)
Stealth 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit: Cute 2, Holding Back, Move-by Action

Powers:

-Entity of the Outer Realm [22]
Immunity 20 (Life Support & Mental Effects) [20]
Protection 2 [2]

-The Silver Key:Array [20+2]
"Unbound" Teleport 5 (Accurate, Extended) [20]
[AE]"Slip through Space" Teleport 5 (Increased Mass 5, Precise, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout, Feature [Can divide among multiple teleports, functioning as movement for purposes of relevant advantages]) [20]
[AE]"Walk in Eternity" Movement 6 (Dimensional Travel 3, Space Travel 3, Time Travel 3)(Increased Mass 2) [20]

-Vessel of Sut-Typhon:Array [45+3]
"Qliphoth Rhizome" Perception Damage 10 (Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge, Unreliable:5 Uses) Linked to Perception Weaken Defences 10 (Resisted by Will)(Broad, Simulatenous) (Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge, Unreliable:5 Uses) [40]
[AE]"Outer Tendrils" Move Object 10 (Damaging, Multiattack);Accurate 5, [45]
[AE]"Portals to Elsewhere" Ranged Damage 10 (Area:Burst 2, Variable Descriptor 2:Environmental) [42]
[AE]"Loss of Sanity" Affliction 10 (Impaired&Dazed&Vulnerable/Disabled&Stunned&Defenceless, Will)(Area:Perception, Cumulative Extra Condition x2)(Limited Degree) [40]

Offense:
Initiative +0
"Qilphoth Rhizome" -- (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Will)
"Outer Tendrils" +10 (DC25+Multiattack Toughness or DC20+Multiattack Dodge/Strength)
"Portals to Elsewhere" -- (DC20 Dodge & DC25/20 Toughness)
"Loss of Sanity" -- (DC20 Dodge & DC20 Will)

Defenses:

Total: Abilities:20/Skills:16/Advantages:4/Powers:92/Defenses:18

Complications:

Are You My Master? [Relationship]
In the context of a Grail War Abigail is (in theory) beholden to the commands of the Master that summoned her. If they die so does she and she can't refuse an order backed up by a command spell.

Merely a Girl of Her Age [Quirk]
Despite being a powerful Servant Abigail still looks and acts like a 12 year old girl.

Amen [Motivation]
Abigail is a devote Puritan.

Background:
To celebrate by ungodly gatcha luck (THREE TICKETS!!!) here's Fate/Grand Order's newest 5-star and centrepiece of the Salem singularity, Abigail Williams! This build definitely undersells what Abby's capable of but I wanted to see if I could par down the essentials to PL10/150, honestly Servants in general are waaaay higher than PL10 and some of Abby's own feats in Salem lean PLX.

I swear if I could find a satisfying way to model them I'd run that game in a heartbeat...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hey Dodgson, welcome to the Build! :D
Some free advise: Don't try to copy Jab's build output like i did,i inadvertently destroyed mine trying that. :(
Looking forward to what you make! :)
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:45 amSome free advise: Don't try to copy Jab's build output like i did,i inadvertently destroyed mine trying that. :(
Wouldn't dream of it, I am after all but a mortal man.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

The Futurist

PL10 (150)

STA:0

Skills:
Deception 10 (+10/+15)
Expertise (All) 0 (+15/+20)
Insight 8 (+8)
Perception 10 (+10)
Persuasion 15 (+15/+20)
Technology 20 (+20)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Benefit 5 (Status/Wealth 4), Connected, Eidetic Memory, Inventor

Powers:

-Total Screaming Genius [23]
Comprehend 3 (Languages:Speak/Understand/Read)(Quirk:Takes a Scene to pick up a new language) [5]
Enhanced Intelligence 15 (Limited:Expertise Only) [15]
Quickness 6 (Mental Tasks Only) [3]

-Not So Defenceless Damsel [11]
Strength-Based Damage 6 (Accurate 5)

-Forcefield Belt [15] (Removable -3) [12]
Immunity 5 (Environmental Effects) [5]
Protection 10 [10]

-Chrome Rocket Pack [11] (Removable -2) [9]
Flight 10 (Move-by Action)(Platform)

-Space-Age Ray Gun:Array [35+3] (Easily Removable -14) [24]
"Disintegration Beam" Ranged Damage 10 Linked to Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Resisted by Toughness)(Non-Stacking);Accurate 5 [35]
[AE]"Set to Stun" Ranged Affliction 10 (Dazed&Impaired/Stunned&Disabled/Paralyzed, Fort)(Cumulative, Extra Condition)(Limited:First Track Physical Actions Only/Second Track Limited Degree);Accurate 5 [35]
[AE]"Sleep Ray" Ranged Damage 10 (Alternate Resistance:Will, Sleep) Linked to Ranged Affliction 10 (Vulnerable/Defenceless, Will)(Limited Degree);Accurate 5 [35]
[AE]"Force Wave" Move Object 10 (Area:Cone, Selective)(Reduced Range), Enhanced Extra 10 (Area +1)(Limited:Requires Move Action to Charge) [35]

Offence:
Initiative +0
"Unarmed" +10 (DC21 Toughness)
"Disintegration Beam" +10 (DC25/20 Toughness)
"Set to Stun" +10 (DC20 Fortitude)
"Sleep Ray" +10 (DC25/20 Will)
"Force Wave" -- (DC20 Defence & DC25/20 Strength)

Defences:
Defence:10 [10]
Toughness:0/10
Fortitude:10 [10]
Total: Abilities:0/Skills:31/Advantages:10/Powers:79/Defenses:30

Complications:

Protector of Tomorrow [Motivation/Responsibility]
The Futurist stands against the forces of crime and villainy that would attempt to harm the city or its citizens.

Astonishing Industries [Relationship]
The Futurist is the heir to one of Tomorrow's largest tech companies and bares all the responisbilities that go along with that.

Mystery [Relationship]
As enigmatic as her name, all that is known about her is that she is far too perky for someone who claims to be a ninja, she is the Futurist's loyal sidekick ("Partner!") in the fight against evil.

Trending [Fame]
Everyone knows the Futurist is the genius inventor and wild party girl Eliza Clarkson.
Sir Not Appearing in this Game for the City of Tomorrow
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Lenore

PL8 (120)

Skills:
Deception 10 (+10/+15)
Expertise (Popular Culture) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Spirits) 10 (+10)
Insight 8 (+8)
Investigation 8 (+8/+13)
Perception 8 (+8)
Persuasion 10 (+10/+15)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (Gossip 2:+5 to Investigation for Gathering Information/Wealth), Connected, Favoured Foe (Spirits), Fearless, Well-Informed

Powers:

-Medium [9]
Comprehend 2 (Spirits) [4]
Senses 4 (Postcognition)(Feature:Uses Persuasion) [5]

-Beloved by the Spirits [17]
Enhanced Defense 8 (Permanent) [8]
Feature 1 (As Ritualist but uses Persuasion) [1]
Immunity 5 (Death Effects) [5]
Protection 8 [8]

-Carried by the Spirits [3]
Flight 2 (Quirk:Platform vs Affects Insubstantial)

-Friends on the Other Side:Array [26+4]
"Poltergeists" Move Object 8 (Affects Insubstantial 2, Area:Burst, Selective)(Reduced Range) [26]
[AE]"Banshees" Weaken Will 8 (Resisted by Will)(Area:Perception, Selective) [24]
[AE]"Mischievious Spirits" Perception Affliction 8 (Impaired&Vulnerable/Disabled&Defenceless, Will)(Extra Condition)(Limited Degree) [24]
[AE]"Vengeful Ghosts" Perception Damage 8 (Alternate Resistiance:Will)(Limited:Only Targets Who Attacked Lenore Last Turn) Linked to Perception Affliction 8 (Dazed/Stunned, Will)(Limited, Limited Degree) [24]
[AE]"Spectral Spies" Remote Sensing (Auditory/Visual) 5 (No Conduit, Simultaneous, Subtle)(Distracting) [25]

Offense:
Initiative +0
Unarmed +0 (DC15 Toughness)
Poltergeist -- (DC18 Dodge & DC23/19 Strength)
"Banshee" -- (DC18 Dodge & DC23 Will)
"Mischievious Spirits" -- (DC18 Will)
"Vengeful Ghosts" -- (DC23/18 Will)

Defenses:
Defense:0/8
Toughness:0/8
Fortitude:6 [6]

Total: Abilities:0/Skills:31/Advantages:9/Powers:64/Defenses:16

Complications:

Queen Bee [Motivation]
Wherever she goes Lenore has to be at the top of the social pyramid and she'll get there one way or the other.

Already Cashed in my Princess & the Frog Reference [Relationship]
A conduit between the living and the dead, Lenore is sometimes sought out by restless spirits with unfinished business on the mortal plane.
As equally adept at wrapping mommy and daddy around her little finger as she is the spirits of the dead, there wasn't really any other path for Lenore than a super school mean girl, except maybe supervillain.

Honestly I saw the picture and this is where my head went. Does anyone know a decent way of shrinking images down? Because damn...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Josephine Arcus

PL10 (144/150)

STR:4
AWE:10

Skills
Expertise (Dust) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Grimm) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Current Events) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Singing) 0 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 0 (+10)
Insight 5 (+15)
Perception 5 (+15)
Persuasion 10 (+10)
Stealth 15 (+15)

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Assessment, Equipment (Scroll), Fearless, Improved Crit 4 (Combat Training), Improved Initiative 3, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Powers

--Expertise [4]
Enhanced Intellect 10 (Limited 2 [Expertise Only]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Jack of All Trades), Feature/Quirk (Jack of All Trades only applies to Expertise skills, but guarantees use of Int for Expertise skills), Quirk 2 (Int bonus only applies to one Expertise skill per two ranks).

-Aura-Powered Movement [3]
Flight 3 (Platform, Quirk:Must Begin/End Movement on a Supported Surface, Quirk:Combat Only)
Movement 1 (Safe Fall) [2]

-Aura [10]
Protection 10

-Semblance "Dreamer" [2]
Senses 4 (Precogntion)(Limited to Dreaming, Uncontrolled)

-Combat Training [11]
Strength-Based Damage 6 (Accurate 5)

-Amazing Technicolour Dust Coat [37] (Removable -6) [31]
"Dust Resistant" Immunity 20 (Energy Effects)(Limited to Half Effect) [10]
Dust Infused Fabric:Array [20+7]
"Fire" Combat Training gains Progressive [20]
[AE]"Ice" Combat Training gains Alternate Resistance:Fortitude, Area:Cone & Selective [20]
[AE]"Wind" Combat Training gains Increased Range & Linked Move Object 10 (Limited to Away) [20]
[AE]"Electricity" Combat Training gains Increased Ranged & Continous [20]
[AE]"Water" Combat Training gains Linked Healing 10 (Restorative)(Limited to Opponent Degrees of Failure) [20]
[AE]"Plant" Combat Training gains Linked Affliction 10 (Vulnerable&Dazed/Defenceless&Stunned/Paralzyed, Def/Damage)(Cumulative, Extra Condition)(Limited:First Track is Limited Degree, Second is Physical Actions Only) [20]
[AE]"Rock" Immunity 40 (Kinetic Effects)(Limited to Half Effect) [20]
[AE]"Gravity" Combat Training gains Secondary Effect & Linked Weaken Toughness 10 (Resisted by Toughness) [20]

Offense
Initiative +12
Unarmed +10 (DC25 Toughness)
"Fire" +10 (DC25 Toughness)
"Ice" -- (DC20 Defence & DC25/20 Fortitude)
"Wind" +10 (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Strength/Defence)
"Electricity" +10 (DC25 Toughness)
"Water" +10 (DC25 Toughness)
"Plant" +10 (DC25 Toughness & DC20 Defence)
"Gravity" +10 (DC25/20 Toughness)

Defenses
Defence:10 [10]
Toughness:10
Fortitude:10 [10]
Will: 10

Total: Abilities:28/Skills:18/Advantages:17/Powers:61/Defenses:20

Complications

Huntress [Responsibility]
As a Huntress, Joan has taken it upon herself to defend the people of Remnant from the depredations of bandits and the creatures of Grimm.

Dreamer [Motivation]
Joan goes where her dreams lead her.
The world of Remnant is populated by characters inspired one way or another by creatures from fables and stories, so why not a Huntress who fights with a brilliant multicoloured coat, guided from place to place by the gift of prophetic dreams?

She doesn't quite hit the full PL10/150, but I was running out of stuff to spend points on before I hit 130 so whatevs, still pretty happy I managed to find uses for all the canonical types of Dust.