Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

The Oki Mariner

Post by SolarOracle »

The Oki Mariner
Size Gargantuan Strength 12 Defense 4 Toughness 15

Movement: Swimming 5 (30 Km/H or 16 MpH)

Features: Communications, Personnel, Rooms

Powers:
Radar: Senses 3 (Accurate Radio). (3)

Cannon: Ranged Damage 6. (12)

15 Stats, 5 Movement, 3 Features, 15 Powers = 38 Equipment Points

About: Here's a separate build for Selkie's Crew's ship, The Oki Mariner.
SolarOracle

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by SolarOracle »

Sidney369 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:37 pm Not mentioned is his moment of awesome with the Sky Egg in MHA Vigilantes.
Ooooh, I had totally forgotten about that! That scene was great.
MarvelLion wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:13 pm Well done with Jeanist!

Y'know, I loved MHA right off the bat, but when I saw Best Jeanist, I was convinced that I would hate him for having such an outlandish concept. I couldn't believe it when he first got some time in the series and I immediately found myself thinking he was really cool, hahaha
I've never had a series surprise me like that before.
Heh, it was kind of similar for me. I think something how seriously he takes himself despite the silly concept for him is weirdly captivating, LOL.
SolarOracle

Fourth Kind

Post by SolarOracle »

Chivalrous Hero: Fourth Kind

Identity: Unknown.
Height: 1.84 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Brown.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: Fourth Kind Hero Agency, pro hero.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 8 - 71 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3, Agility 0, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 4, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Quad Arms
Extra Limbs 2. [2]

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Improved critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 3 (+6 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+6 total).
Insight 4 (+4 total).
Intimidation 6 (+7 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+3 total).
Treatment 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +10, close damage 3, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 8, Parry 10, Toughness 4/5*, Will 5
*5 with defensive roll.

Complications

Strict: Fourth Kind seems to be very harsh and demanding of his subordinates despite caring about them, which could mean he’s difficult to work with.

26 Abilities, 2 Powers, 7 Advantages, 14 Skills, 22 Defenses = 71 Character Points

About: Fourth kind is a combat oriented pro hero with a serious and strict personality. His quirk, Quad Arms, gives him an aditional set of arms, something he uses to aid him in combat.

Fourth Kind was introduced during the Hero Killer arc, with both Kirishima and Tetsutetsu getting an internship with the hero, who had offered the internship to both of them due to the courage they showed in their fight during the sports festival, telling them that brute force and strength alone cannot make a hero, and making them do office work and community services, yelling at them whenever they interrupted or questioned him, making the boys begin to show a lot of discipline towards him. A funny gag among all this is that, whenever Kirishima and Tetsutetsu would screw something up, he would try to punch them, but end up only hurting his hand due to their skin-hardening quirks, and exclaiming how unsatisfying it was hitting them when they couldn't feel a thing.

Fourth Kind is a pretty cool concept for me, with the whole badass no-bullshit yakuza thing he has going with the formal clothes, rings, shaved cut and scarred eye. His dynamic with Tetsutestu and Kirishima is pretty funny, especially due to it allowing us to see more of the friendship between the two. Like with what I said about Gran Torino, I think his dynamic ends up giving an almost familial feel to him, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, which i find pretty fun.

Outfits: Fourth Kind's hero costume is a black suit with a teal tie, a pair of brown social shoes and a gold ring on each of his fingers. Beneath his suit, he seems to wear some kind of striped black bodysuit that goes up his neck and connects to a metallic stylized jaw-piece he wears.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SolarOracle

100 Builds!!!!!

Post by SolarOracle »

Also, Fourth Kind's build is my 100th in the thread!!

Well, could be seen as more, if you decide to count each of the 3 builds I did for the 1-A students as their individual build, but I personaly don't. Thank you guys so much for following and talking on the thread and stuff. Posting here and interacting with the Echoes community has been a lot of fun so far! So here's for the next 100 builds! : D
Davies

Re: Fourth Kind

Post by Davies »

SolarOracle wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:11 pm A funny gag among all this is that, whenever Kirishima and Tetsutetsu would screw something up, he would try to punch them, but end up only hurting his hand due to their skin-hardening quirks, and exclaiming how unsatisfying it was hitting them when they couldn't feel a thing.
Head canon: he only takes interns with those sorts of quirks, since he remembers (unhappily) being an intern without them.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
SolarOracle

Fat Gum

Post by SolarOracle »

BMI Hero: Fat Gum

Identity: Toyomitsu Taishiro, Public Identity.
Height: 2.50 meters (in Fat Form).
Eyes: Black.
Hair: Blonde.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: Pro hero.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo.

Power Level 10 - 119 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2/6*, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 2/6*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 2
*Increased with size.

Powers
Quirk - Fat Absorption
Growth 4 (Strength and Stamina +4, Mass +4, Intimidation +2, Dodge and Parry -2, Stealth -4) (Extras: Innate and Permanent). [9]
Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious 14). [24]
Feature 2: Increased Mass 2. [2]

Absorb With Body: Extra Limbs 6 (Flaws: Limited to grabbing or holding objects and people). [3]
Enhanced Advantages 3 (Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold). [3]
Feature 3: Free grab attempt as a reaction to being attacked with an unarmed attack. [3]
Feature 3: Free disarm attempt as a reaction to being attacked. [3]

Super Move! - Fataxi: Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Carrying Weight). [2]

Absorb Kinetic Energy: Feature 5: May reduce Protection and Impervious Protection ranking by 1 and 2 respectively after being attacked. [5]

Release Kinetic Energy: Strength-based Damage 10 (Flaws: Limited to damage rank being equal to the number of times user activated their Absorb Kinetic Energy power, Limited to once per day). [2.5]

Advantages
Assessment, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Interpose, Teamwork, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4/+8 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 2 (+4 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 4 (+5 total).
Insight 7 (+7 total).
Intimidation 2 (+4 total, +6 size).
Investigation 6 (+8 total).
Perception 5 (+5 total).
Persuasion 4 (+6 total).
Treatment 1 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed (Fat Form) +8, close damage 6.
Unarmed (Thin Form) +8, close damage 2.
Release Kinetic Energy +8, close damage 12.

Defense
Dodge 4/2*, Fortitude 5/9*, Parry 6/4*, Toughness 2/6/16**, Will 5
*Dodge and Parry -2 due to size. Toughness 6 with size, Toughness 16 with size and protection. Impervious Toughness 7. Fortitude 9 with size.

Complications

Required Body Mass Index: For Fat Gum’s power to be effective, he is required to have a high daily caloric intake and maintain himself with a high level of body fat, due to his Kinetic Absorption power making him lose his accumulated fat. This could be problematic for him if he’s ever in a situation where he doesn’t have access to high-calorie sources.

Power Loss: Kinetic Energy Absorption: Whenever he uses his power to absorb kinetic energy and begins to lose his Protection ranks, Fat Gum also begins to lose his Growth and Increased Mass ranks.

26 Abilities, 56.5 Powers, 7 Advantages, 17.5 Skills, 12 Defenses = 119 Character Points

About: Fat Gum is a pro hero with a constant and wide smile on his face, ranked number 58 in Japan's national hero rankings. His quirk, Fat Absorption, allows him to quickly accumulate body fat and to adhere objects and people to his body using his fat, something that gives him great defensive abilities. It also lets him burn off his body fat by absorbing the kinetic energy of attacks directed towards him, with him being able to unleash all the accumulated kinetic energy in a devastatingly powerful strike, but at the cost of his great defense.

Fat Gum has a vbery calm and playful personality, as well as a generally relaxed and happy attitude. this contrasts pretty well with his introverted intern, Suneater, from U.A.'s Big 3, whom he contantly playfully taunts. During the Shie Hassaikai arc, Amajiki recommends Kirishima to Fat Gum, who decides to take him as an intern. The three later join in the Shie Hassaikai raid team coordinated by Sir Nighteye, with Fat Gum taking an important role in the frontal assault team.

During the raid, him and Kirishima end up separated from the rest of the group, and having to participate in a very difficult fight together against Shie Hassaikai members Rappa, a man who could deliveer extremely powerful punches with his quirk, and Tengai, a man who could create a powerful forcefield: a due that described themselves as "A perfect spear and shield team", with Tengai claiming they had a clear advantage due to Fat Gum and Red Riot being "a shield and a shield".

Kirishima ended up being defeated and heavily injured during the fight, with Fat Gum protecting him by taking many heavy punch rushes from Rappa. Red Riot would use the last of his energy to protect Fat Gum from Rappa's finishing blow and attempt a powerful counterattack, which, unfortunately for Kirishima, ended up being blocked by Tengai, who called Red Riot's attempt useless. However, Kirishima's interference created an opening for Fat Gum, who finally got a chance to unleash all the kinetic energy he had accumulated with Rappa's punches, breaking through Tengai's forcefield and taking both of the villains down. A really amazing fight!

Fat Gum had a few chances to appear after that and in the spinoffs of Boku no Hero, with him taking in Tetsutetsu as an intern later on, during the Endeavor Agency arc, and assisting the other heroes in the battle of the Paranormal Liberation Front arc. He shows up in the Vigilantes spinoff as well, where he assisted the police in investigating a local convention due to suspitions of a group known as the Villain Factory opperating in the area, which ends up with him and the police confronting the villain Number 6, who manages to get away and cause damage to the police. The events of the fight lead to a powerful explosion beggining to happen in the area, and Fat Gum jumping in front of it to absorb the attack with his quirk, saving the pwople in the event hall. He later shows up in the Sky Egg arc, where he joins in with Eraser Head to raid the base of opperations of the Villain Factory, where he were attacked by artificial creatures known as Bombers who could detonate themselves, who detonate the lab, delaying them in heading to the Sky Egg to help out Captain Celebrity and the pwople inside of it.

My favorite spinoff appearance of Fat Gum tho is in the Team Up Mission spinoff manga, where he and Tamajiki, his intern, end up being put to take care of Yaoyorozu and Iida. Right after the two hero students arrive and introduce themselves, the agency ends up being visited by a young girl who says she wants the pro-hero's help in locating who the pro-hero who had saved her life earlier was. The five then spend the day trying to locate the hero, who the young girl described as a "charming prince with blonde hair", consulting other pro heroes about it, but end up not locating him. At the end of it, the group ends up attacked by a group of villains, with Fat Gum using his quirk to dispose of them. After the fight, due to entering his "Slim From", the girrl notices that the hero she was looking for was Fat Gum all along. That chapter is very cute and funny to me.

I really love Fat Gum, from his unique concept to his personality. I always saw him as, like, a more heroic versiojn of The Blob from Marvel, but with more advanced and versatile abilities. I also like how he contrasts with Fourth Kind as a mentor to Kirishima, who is much more serious and intense compared to Fat Gum's relaxed and calm nature. As I was posting this, I realized just how much he shows up for a supporting character in both the main series and in the spinoffs, which is pretty interesting to me. Here's hoping he shows up even more in the future then, LOL!

The one named Super Move he displays is known as Fataxi, and is simply him absrobing other people with his body fat to more easily transport them. You would think that he would give a cool name to his kinetic energy release attack, but nope, not a super move someghow.

As for the build itself, oh god, I hate how messy it looks, especially his Defense section. With how much he ends up shifting his defenses due to how his quirk works tho, I really couldn't think of any better way of doing it, and he ended up with an asterisk section for each of his defenses other than his Will. He has a very high defense, that is almost fully min/maxed favoring his Thoughness, but his attacks are initially PL 7. His kinetic energy release ended up being PL 10 too tho.

Outfits: Casually, Fat Gum uses comfortable and loose clothing, like a zipped hoodie, shorts and a pair of sneakers. His hero costume is composed of a yellow zipped hoodie, with the letters F and G incorporated in its design, a black bomino mask over his eyes, a pair of orange gloves, a pair of black pants and a pair of stylized orange and yellow knee-high boots that have a stylized metal knee guard.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Congrats on the (technically, haha) 100 builds! They're coming along great, and I actually think you did very well with Fat Gum's. I expected it to be a tad messy because his powers have a lot of specific details, and I think you kept it relatively clean and to a minimum.

I also completely agree about him being an example of the Blob if he were good. Hell, I always thought that Blob was the most capable of the Brotherhood, and he certainly became the most dangerous. The only reason he didn't become a major threat, in my opinion, is because the writers made him progressively dumber. He was actually pretty damn competent in his early appearances. But I'm getting off topic now.

I absolutely love Fat Gum, and the episode where he and Red Riot defeat Rappa and Tengai is in my top five, easily. I also agree that it's funny that Fataxi is considered a Super Move, but his kinetic energy release isn't, hahaha
SolarOracle

Hawks

Post by SolarOracle »

Wing Hero: Hawks

Identity: Takami Keigo, Secret Identity.
Height: 1.72 meters.
Eyes: Gold.
Hair: Blond.
Group: The Hero Public Safety Commission, Hawks Hero Agency, pro-hero.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, unknown city.

Power Level 12 - 217 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 4, Fighting 8, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 3, Intellect 3, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Fierce Wings
Flight 10 (4000 Km/H or 2000 MpH) (Flaws: Winged, Source - Feathers, Quirk - Flight speed reduces the less feathers there are attached to the wings). [8]
Keen Eyes: Senses 1 (Extended Vision). [1]
Carry Objects With Feathers: Move Object 4 (Extras: Indirect 4, Multiattack. Precise, Reduced Action - Move Action) (Flaws: Source - Feathers). [20]

Sense Vibrations On Feathers: Remote Sensing 11 (Hearing) (Extras: No Conduit, Subtle, Simultaneous) (Flaws: Source - Feathers, Quirk - User must physically move feathers to the places they are surveilling). [32]

Shoot Feathers: Ranged Damage 2 (Extras: Accurate 2, Dynamic, Homing, Multiattack, Precise) (Flaws: Source - Feathers), linked to Enhanced Advantage (Precise Attack - Ranged/Cover). (11) -- [13]
  • Dynamic AE: Feather Blades: Strength-based Damage 3 (Extras: Dynamic, Improved Critical, Split). (6)
Advantages
Assessment, Attractive, Benefit - Cipher, Benefit - Government Spy, Benefit 2 - Japan’s Number 2 Hero, Close Attack 4, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown 2, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8 total).
Athletics 2 (+3 total).
Close Combat (Feathers) 4 (+16 total).
Deception 10 (+12 total, +14 attractive).
Expertise (Pro-Hero) 5 (+8 total).
Expertise (Espionage) 9 (+12 total).
Insight 7 (+9 total).
Intimidation 4 (+6 total, +8 attractive).
Investigation 4 (+7 total).
Perception 8 (+10 total).
Persuasion 6 (+8 total, +10 attractive).
Ranged Combat (Feathers) 2 (+10 total).
Stealth 4 (+8 total).
Technology 1 (+4 total).
Treatment 2 (+5 total).

Offense
Initiative +12
Unarmed +12, close damage 1.
Feather Blades +16, close damage 4, critical 19-20.
Shoot Feathers +14, ranged damage 2.

Defense
Dodge 19, Fortitude 6, Parry 15, Toughness 3/4*, Will 7
*4 with defensive roll.

Complications

Motivation: To Make a World Where Heroes Have More Free Time Than They Know What to Do With!: Hawks was trained in secret by the Hero Public Safety Commission since he was a young child to be trained to be a powerful hero and agent for them, growing up inspired by powerful heroes like Endeavor. He wants to assist the Hero Public Safety Commission to eradicate villainous groups.

Secret: Triple Agent: Hawks is not only a member of the Hero Public Safety Commission infiltrated in the radical terrorist group Paranormal Liberation Front, he is also infiltrated among the pro-heroes to gather information for them.

Weakness: Fire: Hawks’ feathers can be easily burnt up and destroyed by fire-based attacks and hazards, which weakens his quirk and his ability to use it severely.

52 Abilities, 74 Powers, 25 Advantages, 36 Skills, 30 Defenses = 217 Character Points

About: Hawks is the current (tho that is very prone to changing any chapter now due to the Paranormal Liberation Front arc just ending) number 2 pro hero in the national pro hero rankings, and a seemingly very relaxed and easy-going guy who deals with threats extremely quickly and effectively. His quirk, Fierce Wings, seems to give him bird-like traits, like powerful wings that allows him to fly extremely fast and an enhanced sense of sight. More importantly than that tho, it allows him to control, with great ability, each individual feather from his wings, even when they are not attached to him, using them to spy on others by sensing the air vibrations with them and to use them for combat by shooting and hardening them, or use them at a melee range by turning large feathers into swords.

In reality, Hawks is an agent of the Japanese Hero Safety Comission, being one of the only heroes whose identity is secret to the public as a whole, and spying and gathering information on the current state of affairs among heroes for the Hero Safety Comission. However, he doesn't have bad intentions in doing this, as it is something he sees as helping create a world he has as a dream: A world where villainy is at an absolute minimum and heroes have more free time than they know what to do with.

Hawks was raised by the Hero Public Safety Comission from when he was just a child. They abducted him when he managed to rescue some people from a disaster with his quirk, and offered him to get special training to become a powerful hero. Due to his love of heroics and idolatry of Endeavor, whom he really respected due to the hero saving him from the murderer who killed his parents, Takami accepted their invitation, and began to have specialized training, learning espionage, interpersonal skills, deception tactics and, most importantly, learned to have a great control of his powerful quirk, becoming a pro hero at the early age of 18 and reaching the top 10 when he was just 20.

We are first introduced to him 3 years later, tho, during the Pro Hero arc, where he was given the title of number two pro hero after All Might's retirement, with him having beginning to make contact with the Villain's League as a triple agent, trying to infiltrate them. To demonstrate his loyalty to them, he was made to set a trap for Endeavor, where he called him over to his office, only for a powerful Nomu knows as Hood would appear and attack them, an attack that was meant to kill Endeavor, but only resulted in him being heavily injured and gaining a scar on his left eye. Endeavor remained unsuspicious of Hawks' triple agentry by that point, and as a final test of loyalty, Hawks was then made to kill the pro hero Best Jeanist, with him talking to Jeanist in secret to fake his death.

Later on, as the Villain's League and the Paranormal Liberation Front merged, Hawks managed to communicate the information about their operations to the pro heroes, leading to them forming a raid team against the Front and to Hawks assisting them, even killing one of the League's most dangerous members, Twice. Hawks ended up severely inured, as Dabi attacked him, but was rescued by Tokoyami and the other pro heroes.

Speaking of Tokoyami, I should probably mention that he interned with Hawks both times class 1-A had work studies, an internship Tokoyami could only describe as being "incredibly fast". Hawks explained to him that he chose Tokoyami as an intern for the simple fact that both of them were related to birds, something that shocked the boy quite a bit. Hawks became sort of a mentor figure to Tokoyami after that, in a way, with Tokoyami showing great respect and admiration for the hero.

The future of Hawks and his heroing days are uncertain by this point, due to him acting as a double agent for the Comission and espionage and stuff, and I have no clue how this will develop. Pretty excited to see. Other than that, I really like Hawks. My feelings on him fluctuated basically like this: "Oh, he looks cool," "Oh no, he's an asshole, isn't he?" "God dammit!" "Oh, wait, he's not?" "Damn, he was a cool dude all along!! I love him!!". In a more serious note tho,I like how he shows an interesting and different philosophy, and how much he manages to evolve his quirk, which would normally seem incredibly simple (having wings) to the point it becomes OP as all hell. Really looking forward to see how his story and current situation will conclude.

Outfits: Takami's civilian clothes seem to be trendy and cool, like a t-shirt, jacket with a high collar, jeans and sneakers. His hero clothing is a yellowish-brown aviation coat with a black stylized bodysuit underneath, black gloves, a pair of pants the same color as his coat, a pair of black boots and a headpiece with a yellow visor.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Oh, and a quick build note I forgot to mention on Hawks: The Increased Mass Extra on his Move Object effect is meant to represent how much weight he can carry with his feathers, which he used to rescue people from deadly falls in the series. Wasn't sure how to best represent that, so I decided to do it that way.

Edit from a year in the future: Changed that to just be a simple Move Object effect, representing him just using his feathers to carry stuff, with an Indirect extra since he can move his feathers around and all (and the Source - Feathers flaw covers the fact that he needs to physically have moved his feathers to the intended location to use the Indirect extra).
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

As always: Good build!

Not much more to say about Hawks. He's pretty damn cool. I honestly think my favorite moments involving him are his interactions with Twice, and even though he went through with killing him, I got the impression that Hawks truly regretted having to do so, as I think he really did like Twice and wanted to help him. I also like that he admires Tsukuyomi.
SolarOracle

Uwabami

Post by SolarOracle »

Snake Hero: Uwabami

Identity: Unknown.
Height: 1.70 meters.
Eyes: Gold.
Skin: Light.
Group: Pro hero, Uwabami Hero Agency.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 6 - 67 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 1
Stamina 2, Dexterity 2, Intellect 1, Presence 3

Powers
Quirk - Serpentress
Senses 4 (Radius and Acute Infravision, Acute Scent). [4]

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit - Famous Model, Close Attack, Defensive Roll

Skills
Athletics 2 (+2 total).
Deception 5 (+8 total, +10 attractive).
Expertise (Model) 6 (+7 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 4 (+5 total).
Perception 10 (+11 total).
Persuasion 5 (+8 total, +10 attractive).
Treatment 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +6, close damage 0.

Defense
Dodge 5, Fortitude 5, Parry 6, Toughness 2/3*, Will 5
*3 with defensive roll.

Complications

None.

30 Abilities, 4 Powers, 4 Advantages, 17 Skills, 12 Defenses = 67 Character Points

About: Uwabami is a Japanese pro-hero who is also a model, seemingly preferring to rely on her modeling fame than that she has as a hero, doing multiple commercials and stuff. Her quirk, Serpentress, gives her three living snakes on her head, allowing her to use their infravision to assist in rescues.

She first showed up in the Gero Killer arc, where she gave both Yaoyorozu and Kendo from class 1-B an internship for their work studies, which she invited them to due to them being cute girls according to her, and most of that internship consisted on them doing commercials, something that frustrated both of the girls. It's kind of unclear if Yaoyorozu or Kendo got any worthwhile experience from that, but it's a safe bet they didn't, I guess, LOL.

Uwabami is just kind of there, not really doing anything. Which is OK, recurring background characters are important, but I just wish her quirk did more stuff to make her more distinguished I guess.

Outfits: Uwabami's hero outfit is a magenta dress that is decorated to look like scales, a pair of magenta high-heels, two sets of golden snake-like coiled stylized bracelets on her ankles and wrists and a magenta choker around her neck. Kind of boring, I'd say. : /
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SolarOracle

The Lurkers

Post by SolarOracle »

The Lurkers are the only pro-hero team we've been shown (tho we have been shown hero agencies with many sidekicks), being composed of three high-ranking pro-heroes, those being Edgeshot, Japan's number 4 hero, leading the team, Kamui Woods, ranked as number 7 in Japan, and Mt. Lady, ranked at number 23. We've not been told why the team exists and why it is composed of those specific three heroes and stuff, but Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods have been shown to be close since early on in the series, as both entered the pro hero business at a similar time and there even been implied that both may be an item in secret. No clue where Edgeshot fits into this tho.

I think it's pretty cool that this group exists, but kind of a shame how little impact its exkistance has to the story as a whole, and I really don't see the thematic connection between the members of the team or why Edgeshot wanted to team up with Kamui and Mt. Lady, but I'm sure we'd get an explanation for it if they got more screentime as a group.

During the Endeavor Agency arc, the team ends up taking in Mineta, Kaminari, Sero and Shiozaki from class 1-B as interns.
SolarOracle

Mt. Lady

Post by SolarOracle »

Mineyama Hero: Mt. Lady

Identity: Takeyama Yu, Public Identity.
Height: 1.62 meters (20.62 meters with quirk).
Eyes: Purple.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: Pro hero, The Lurkers.
Base of Operations: Japan, Tokyo, Musutafu City.

Power Level 11 - 109 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0/12*, Agility 0, Fighting 6, Awareness 0
Stamina 2/14*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 1
*Increased with powers.

Powers
Quirk - Gigantification
Growth 12 (Strength and Stamina +12, Mass +12, Intimidation +6, Speed +1, Dodge and Parry -6, -12 Stealth) (20 meters), linked to Growth +4 (Mass +4 (+16 total), Intimidation +2 (+8 total), Dodge and Parry -2 (-8 total), Speed +1 (+2 total), -4 Stealth (-16 total)) (Flaws: Limited to not increasing Strength or Stamina). [28]

Giant-Sized Attack: Area -1 (15 ft. Burst) Strength-based Damage 0. (18) -- [19]
  • AE: Super Move! - Canyon Cannon: Strength-based Damage 2 (Flaws: Inaccurate). (1)
Super Move! - Titan Cliff: Enhanced Advantage (Interpose). [1]

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Attractive, Close Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 2 (+2 total, +14 size).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9 total).
Deception 3 (+4 total, +6 attractive).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 2 (+2 total).
Intimidation 0 (+1 total, +3 attractive, +9 size, +11 size and attractive).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+3 total, +5 attractive).
Stealth 0 (+0 total, -16 size).
Treatment 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +9, close damage 0.
Unarmed (Gigantified) +9, close damage 12.
Canyon Cannon +7, close damage 14.
Giant Sized Attack, close 15 ft. burst area damage 12.

Defense
Dodge 13/5*, Fortitude 3/15*, Parry 15/7*, Toughness 2/14*, Will 5
*Dodge and Parry -8 with Gigantification, Fortitude and Thoughness +12 with Gigantification.

Complications

Full-Size Only: Takeyama’s quirk doesn’t allow her to freely control her size, only letting her change between her normal and gigantified sizes. This oftenly causes complications for her, such as unnecessary property damage that is charged from her afterwards, and she not being able to use her quirk to combat villains in enclosed or tight spaces.

Laziness: Contrary to her hero persona, Takeyama has been shown to be a very lazy and generally messy person.

18 Abilities, 48 Powers, 7 Advantages, 8 Skills, 28 Defenses = 109 Character Points

About: Mt. Lady is a powerful pro hero who presents herself as seductive and level-headed, contrary to her actual lazy, messy and hot-headed personality. Her quirk, Gigantification, allows her to become 20 meters tall and increadibly powerful, being one of the most heavy-hitting pro-heroes out there.

Mt. Lady is one of the first pro-heroes we're shown in the series, where she, as a rookie pro-hero, steals a villain defeat from her future teammate and friend, Kamui Woods, in the first scene of the manga. She would then appear a few times as a secondary chjaracter throughout the series, usually seen near Kamui Woods and usually showing her usual casual stressed out self. It's also been stated that, due to how large and heavy-hitting her quirk makes her be, she usually has to pay immense fees for property damage, piling even more to her stress and hot-headedness. During the Hero Killer arc, she accepted Mineta as an intern (who wanted to intern with her due to she being hot, and that consisted mostly of Mineta cleaning her house and stuff while she lazed around. Mineta and a few other U.A. students would later on have a work studies internship with the hero team she joined, The Lurkers, too.

I like the dynamic she has, of being a generally messy and disorganized person who has to keep up with an "idealized" persona she created for herself as a hero and stuff, that's pretty funny to me. Hope we get to see more of her and her team in the future.

She has two named super moves, both named after types of mountains and rocky landscapes: Canyon Cannon, which is a powerful high-kick she performs from a running start, and Titan Cliff, which is she using her size to block off incoming enemy attacks, quite a useful move for team battles.

Outfits: Takeyama's casual clothing is comfortable and "lazy" clothing, like a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a jacket. In her hero costume, she wears a white, purple and orange stylized bodysuit with a high collar, as well as a purple domino mask that has a pair of horns connected to it.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I've probably mentioned it before, but it's interesting that there isn't really a "Justice League" type team for the setting, and that Pro Heroes in general tend to operate as solo acts with a number of sidekicks serving under them as assistants rather than a full on team of equals.

Part of it, I suppose, is the idea of each Pro Hero basically being a kind of "franchise" unto themselves, making money from licensing deals, sponsorships, etc. Having a team of a heroes might dilute said brand to some extent. It also might be seen as somewhat unnecessary, since Pro Heroes tend to band together pretty readily to deal with threats, so the idea of having formal teams all the time might seem redundant. Still, you'd think some of the less popular and powerful heroes would band together most of the time and work together the way Class 1-A and 1-B tend to.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Sidney369

Post by Sidney369 »

Ares wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:10 am I've probably mentioned it before, but it's interesting that there isn't really a "Justice League" type team for the setting
Funny you should bring that up. In the Vigilantes spin-off, it was revealed that the first licensed heroes in the world were seven heroes based in Rhode Island.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.