J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: Nuclear Man: Earth-T1

Post by Tattooedman »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:32 am Image
Nuclear Man: Where is the woman?
Superman: Give it up, you'll never find her.
Nuclear Man: If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!

NUCLEAR MAN
PL14
My first exposure to a "Bad, but so good movie", at the time I didn't realize Nuclear Man was supposed to be a "modern take" on Bizarro (what? I was only 12 and just starting to get into comics). Nope that realization came several years later (around the age of 20) when I watched a marathon of the Superman movies that I understood just how bad a movie Superman 4 was (or 3 for that matter, but Richard Pryor was [and still is] a extremely funny comedian [even though he had to tone WAY down for S3]).

Anyways, point being - great build Thorp. You easily made Nuclear Man a viable threat to any of the Kryptonians of any setting.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:49 pm I watched a marathon of the Superman movies that I understood just how bad a movie Superman 4 was (or 3 for that matter, but Richard Pryor was [and still is] a extremely funny comedian [even though he had to tone WAY down for S3]).
It isn't that he had to. At least according to what I heard.

Pryor was known for being witty and ad-libbing starting from the material he was given. The screen writers, knowing this, under-wrote Gus Gorman, fully expecting Pryor to use the script as a starting point for his antics.

BUT, no one told Pryor this. Pryor was a huge Superman fan. Pryor curbed his usual methods, and just played what was written.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Wolverine (X-23): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

X marks the spot for this new item!

I'm not X-23. I'm not your experiment. I'm not your **** property! You are the last person who will ever think they can own me. No one owns me! I'm not a thing. I'm Laura Kinney! I'm the daughter of Sarah. I'm the daughter of Logan. I'm Wolverine!!! - Wolverine

WOLVERINE (X-23)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-0
Weight: 110
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Race: Mutant
Skin: Olive
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAXI; X-Force; Teen Titans

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 8 (+11), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Assassin] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+7), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 13 (+15) [Tracking], Stealth 10 (+15), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Claws), Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack (1) (Claws), Diehard, Equipment (1), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Claws 2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (French, Spanish, 3 others, Base: English), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Claws), Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (2), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 6 (2 every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Regrowth); 17 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 9 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 9 pts
Stronger Than She Looks: Enhanced Strength 1 (800 lbs; Flaw: Limited to lifting); 1 pt
Adamantium Laced Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Double, Penetrating 6, Subtle [Quirk: Limited to Toe Blade]); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3; Claws +6, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kimura, The Facility.
Emotionally Stunted: With her being raised a weapon, she sometimes struggles with regular human emotion and thinking of people as more than targets. She has also been known to cut herself when she feels bad about herself.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: She is protective of her teammates in the X-Men and Teen Titans, particularly Ravager and Red Robin. She is also very close to Wolverine. She is closest to her clone sister Gabby and still wants to bring Bellona back to her side.
Reputation: She was a trained killer for years and even though she is trying to live a better life, many people will not let her forget what she's done.
Vulnerable: She was encoded with trigger scents and possibly phrases that can turn her into a berserker.
Vulnerable: Due to the Adamantium on her claws, she is slightly more vulnerable to magnetic attacks.

Abilities 72 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 38 + Defenses 14 = 187 / 187

Build Comments: I know there are still a lot of Wolvie haters out there and as such, there are a lot of X-23 haters out there. But be that as it may, I still like what they've done with Laura's character over the years. As a build goes, she's Wolvie lite, with some better assassin skills.

Secret Origins: When a top-secret program attempted to recreate the original Weapon X experiment that involved the feral mutant Wolverine, they failed to secure a test subject who could survive the bonding process of the virtually unbreakable metal Adamantium to their skeleton. Seeking to take the project in a new direction, the project's director, Doctor Martin Sutter, recruited renowned mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney and tasked her with creating a clone.

Using the only available genetic sample from Weapon X, which was damaged, they were unable to salvage the Y chromosome after twenty-two attempts. Kinney proposed they create a female clone, and though her request was initially denied, she still went ahead and produced a viable female subject, prompting Sutter to reconsider. Despite resistance from his protégé Doctor Zander Rice, whom Sutter had raised after Rice's father had been killed by a bestial Wolverine at the original Weapon X Project, Sutter allowed Kinney to proceed. As revenge for her insubordination, Rice forced Kinney to act as the surrogate mother for the clone, and she gave birth to "X-23".

The Story so Far: Seven years later, raised in captivity X-23 was trained to be a weapon. Kinney did her best to ensure the child retained some semblance of humanity, but her efforts appeared to be in vain. After seven years, Rice had X-23 subjected to radiation poisoning in order to accelerate the activation of her mutant gene, and forcibly extracted her claws and coated them with Adamantium. After Rice realized the child was growing soft, he blamed her sensei, one of the few people who treated her with kindness, and tested a chemical compound called "trigger scent" on him. The "trigger scent" caused Laura to mercilessly kill anything in her path, and thus she murdered her best friend. Rice already had a replacement in the wings, a woman named Kimura. Kimura was harsh and strictly punished X-23 for the death of her sensei.

Three years later, X-23 was sent on her first field mission to kill Presidential candidate Greg Johnson. She was assigned the mission as somewhat of an "advertising" ploy. Numerous other missions followed, as X-23's services were sold to the highest bidder. She was left emotionally stunted as a result. Her missions took her to locations all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Las Vegas, Japan, Colombia, the Congo, and many others. For one mission she was assigned to pose as the Kingpin's daughter and kill the ones who had captured her, bringing the head of their leader back. Rice, in an attempt to avenge his father's murder, abandoned X-23 on a particularly dangerous mission with A.I.M., but she survived against overwhelming odds and managed to return to the facility. After her return to the facility Kimura punished her for not coming back with Rice.

Sarah Kinney let her out once, not as an attempt to escape but instead to use X-23 to help her find Kinney's niece, Megan, who had been kidnapped. X-23 found and rescued her with ease. Ultimately, Rice persuaded Sutter to hand control of the program over to him, then secretly ordered X-23 to kill Sutter and his family. X-23 was able to kill Sutter and his wife but was unable to kill their son. Later, Rice revealed to Kinney a chamber with dozens of incubation pods containing female clones before he fired her. Before fleeing the facility with X-23, Kinney gave her one last mission - destroy the pods and kill Rice. However, Rice was able to exact revenge on Kinney from beyond the grave, as he had earlier exposed her to the trigger scent, sending X-23 into a rage that caused her to kill her mother. As she lay dying, Kinney named X-23 "Laura", with X-23 lying beside her begging her not to leave her.

X-23 traveled to San Francisco and tracked down Megan and Debbie Kinney, her mother's niece and sister. Introducing herself as Sarah's daughter, she moved in with them. Although Megan experienced vivid nightmares of her abduction, her family believed these to be utter fantasies. X-23 informed Megan that the man in her nightmares was indeed real and that she had killed him.

Debbie's boyfriend turned out to be an agent for the Facility who had been instructed to manipulate X-23 into killing Megan and Debbie using the trigger scent. However, the agent fumbled the assignment and was killed by X-23. Facility agents stormed the house, led by Kimura. X-23 managed to get Megan and Debbie to safety by handcuffing Kimura to a radiator and then triggering an explosion in the house, buying some time. After X-23 and Megan parted, X-23 decided to confront the man who made her creation possible -- Wolverine.

X-23 tracked Wolverine to Xavier's mansion and engaged him in a battle, defeating him via tactics and maneuverability. However, she did not kill him. Instead, she told him why she had come. Wolverine revealed that he was aware of X-23's ordeal, having received a detailed letter from her mother. The talk was interrupted when Captain America came to arrest Laura.

As a captive of S.H.I.E.L.D., Laura was interrogated by Captain America and Matt Murdock. Despite the mayhem in her past, Matt Murdock accepted X-23's innocence. Captain America wanted X-23 to atone for the murders she had committed. However, he ultimately freed X-23 in order to avoid S.H.I.E.L.D.'s exploitation of her as their own weapon.

X-23 surfaced in New York two years later and was found living on the streets by a pimp named Zebra Daddy, who took her in and employed her as a prostitute. X-23 met Kiden Nixon, a young mutant with the ability to freeze time when in danger. Together with Kiden's teacher, they rescued another young mutant, the feral Catiana, from an angry mob. Zebra Daddy tracked X-23 down, but with the aid of her newfound friends and the mutant named Felon, Zebra Daddy's thugs were defeated. X-23 killed him to save the lives of her friends.

X-23 later took a job at the mutant-themed Wannabee's nightclub in the Mutant Town district of New York. It was there that she saved the life of the daughter of mob boss Don Parisi from a gang of thugs, whom she killed. The deaths inadvertently implicated Wolverine, prompting his teammates in the X-Men to investigate. X-23 instinctively attacked Wolverine on sight, but he was eventually able to calm her down. She led the X-Men to Parisi's daughter. After aiding the X-Men against Parisi's super-strong mutant enforcer Geech, X-23 fled the scene. She later returned to help the X-Men save victims of a car accident, after which she was enrolled at the X-Men's Xavier Institute.
She has been involved with the X-Men ever since, as a member of The New X-Men, X-Force and several other teams as well as continuing to study at the Xavier, then Jean Grey Institutes.

Currently she still retains her ties with the X-Men, but was relieved her duties with X-Force because both Cyclops and Logan thought she was heading down a path of no return with her killing. As such, Logan begged Batman to get Red Robin to take her into the Teen Titans so that she could see the super hero life from a better light. Her teammates were initially slow to take to her overall, but she has started to form bonds with Rose Wilson, Superboy and Tim.

Characterization: Laura is trying to atone for the dreadful things she did as a weapon of The Facility. She is slow to trust, but once she does, she is fiercely loyal. Still, the repair of her mental damage is a work in progress She is still a cutter, and has injured herself on a consistent basis using her claws from a young age.

Friends and Foes: X-23 is highly protective of Wolverine and sees him as a brother/father figure. Laura has expressed friendship with her cousin Megan. She also is close with Cessily Kincaid (Mercrury), Hellion (who she had a crush on), and a few of the other New X-Men, though her exterior makes it difficult to judge her true feelings to most of the team.

She is beginning to bond with her Teen Titans teammates, especially Superboy and Rose Wilson, because of their similar creation and brainwashed experiences, respectively. It seems she also has a crush on Tim Drake, as Rose has noticed.

She has accumulated a number of foes in her time with the X-family, but her greatest foe remains her former handler at The Facility, Kimura.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:49 pm I watched a marathon of the Superman movies that I understood just how bad a movie Superman 4 was (or 3 for that matter, but Richard Pryor was [and still is] a extremely funny comedian [even though he had to tone WAY down for S3]).
It isn't that he had to. At least according to what I heard.

Pryor was known for being witty and ad-libbing starting from the material he was given. The screen writers, knowing this, under-wrote Gus Gorman, fully expecting Pryor to use the script as a starting point for his antics.

BUT, no one told Pryor this. Pryor was a huge Superman fan. Pryor curbed his usual methods, and just played what was written.
Didn't know that, makes sense though. I did know Pryor was huge fan & I thought he toned down on purpose. Thanks for the info Ken.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Thorpocalypse

Wolverine (X23): Earth PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

In my defense, no one ever taught me how to not be a heartless jerk. Alchemax and the X-Men taught me how to survive. They taught me how to cut things into pieces. How to be alone. - Wolverine

WOLVERINE (X-23)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception 3 (+3), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+7), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 11 (+14), Ranged Combat [Guns] 8 (+8), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 9 (+14), Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles 3 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Close Attack (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds); 12 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 8 pts
Adamantium Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 7); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3; Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0
Guns +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Kimura, The Facility.
Emotionally Stunted: With her being raised a weapon, she sometimes struggles with regular human emotion and thinking of people as more than targets. She has also been known to cut herself when she feels bad about herself.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: She is protective of her teammates in the X-Men and Teen Titans, particularly Ravager and Red Robin. She is also very close to Wolverine.
Reputation: She was a trained killer for years and even though she is trying to live a better life, many people will not let her forget what she's done.
Vulnerable: She was encoded with trigger scents and possibly phrases that can turn her into a berserker.
Vulnerable: Due to the Adamantium on her claws, she is slightly more vulnerable to magnetic attacks.

Abilities 64 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 31 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Build Comment:s Laura as a PC. She fits into the format very well.
Thorpocalypse

Wolverine (X-23): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Soon
Thorpocalypse

Honey Badger (Gabby): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last new item!

I really want to hurt you. But Wolverine wants me to be a good person. Zelda wanted me to be a good person too. Despite everything you did to us, I want to be a good person. - Honey Badger

HONEY BADGER (GABBY)
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 4; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 4-6
Weight: 96
Eyes: Green
Race: Mutant
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAXI; X-Force; Teen Titans

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception (+3), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 3 (+6), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 10 (+15), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (7), Set-Up (1), Sidekick (12) (Jonathan the Wolverine), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 20 pts
Enhanced Senses: Senses 9 (Normal Sight [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]; Scent [Extended, Ranged, Accurate, Acute, Tracking], Low-Light Vision); 9 pts
Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Double); 4 pts
Nanites: Immunity 5 (Pain Effects); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Krakoan Tech Body Armor: Protection 1, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Nunchakus: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Impressive; 4 pts
Honey and Badger Brass Knuckles: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2. Double; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +1; Claw Strike +3, Critical 19-20; Nunchakus +3; Honey Badger Brass Knuckles +3]
Ranged Attack +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Facility, Alchemax and generally all of the Wolverine family adversaries.
Motivation: Doing the right thing and living up to her sisters' hope that she will be a good person.
Naïve: Gabby was kept in captivity most of her life and while she has some general knowledge of the outside world, she is learning new things all the time, especially about people.
Prejudice: Mutant clone.
Relationships: With her sisters, Laura and Bellona, and Jonathan the Unstoppable, her pet wolverine.
Underestimated: Gabby can come off sweet, cute and naïve, but she is a trained assassin and can flip the switch in a second.
Vulnerable: Due to the nanites that are in her blood that make her immune to pain, she may have a reduced lifespan unless they can be removed.

Abilities 62 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 38 + Defenses 11 = 161 / 161

Build Comments: Gabby, AKA Honey Badger has been a great addition to the Wolvie-verse. If you haven’t read the Wolverine comic with X-23 from a few years back, pick it up. It’s really good. It’s kind of a throwback to early Logan stories, substituting The Facility for Weapon X, and it has some great cameos, like Janet Van Dyne and a scene stealing appearance from Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl saves a wolverine from an animal testing facility and her thought it is to take it to Wolverine (X-23), who she assumes can talk to wolverines like she can talk to squirrels. It’s awesome.

Anyway, Gabby is a clone of…well, the clone of Wolverine, X-23, one of 10 that survived that were used by Alchemax Genetics (a division of the Alchemax that becomes Spider-Man 2099’s main antagonist). I line it out below, but in short, she’s the youngest and sweetest and has been a wonderful dose of sunshine in Laura’s world. But the coolest thing about her is that she can flip that switch from doe eyed girl to the bad ass killer she was trained to be, like *that* which makes for some fun, and actually kinda scary moments.

Being a clone of a clone, she doesn’t have all the Logan family abilities but she does have the healing factor a claw in each wrist.

Secret Origins: Gabrielle was one of ten clones of Wolverine (X-23) created by Alchemax Genetics, a division of Alchemax. The project was overseen by Robert Chandler, with security provided by Captain Mooney. The girls were created and trained to serve as bodyguards for humanitarian missions and other personnel. Much like Laura before them, they were often abused by their handlers, particularly Mooney, but the elder Sisters did their best to protect her from the worst of the abuse. She was incapable of feeling pain, the result of nanites implanted in her body that were slowly killing her. With six of her sisters dead due to fatalities on missions, or as a result of the nanites, she escaped along with Zelda, Bellona, and X23_3PAR. They were assisted in their escape by Kimura, who armed and equipped them before sending them after Alchemax for revenge for stealing property from The Facility

The Story so Far: With the arms supplied by Kimura, the Sisters launched a campaign against Alchemax, targeting their personnel for assassination. Gabby, however, quickly grew disillusioned with her sisters' more extreme measures. So when 3PAR headed to Paris to assassinate Chandler's son, she sent an anonymous note to Wolverine tipping her off. Laura successfully foiled the assassination attempt, however 3PAR committed suicide rather than be captured.

Gabby sought Laura out directly in the aftermath and confronted her about 3PAR's death, as well as admitted that she was the one who sent the note. She then fled Laura's apartment after setting a fire as a distraction, and returned to the sewers where the rest of the girls were hiding. After surviving an ambush by Captain Mooney’s troops and the mercenary Taskmaster, the sisters
escaped into the streets of New York. She took them to the Sanctum Sanctorum to seek the help of Doctor Strange with what was killing the girls. After a misadventure with a monster Bellona inadvertently set loose from a cupboard to horrors, Strange teleported the group to New York Hospital, where he successfully located the nanites which were killing Zelda. Unable to operate on them himself, he sent the girls on to Pym's laboratory to borrow an Ant-Man Suit, so Laura could enter Zelda's body to fight the nanites directly. They were interrupted by Wasp; however, Jan was ultimately convinced to help them. She and Laura were successfully able to fight the devices off, but their attack tripped a warning beacon, alerting Mooney to the girls' location. He attacked them at the lab, and was able to fatally wound Zelda before Laura and Jan could restrain him.

Taking advantage of their prisoner, Laura hatched a plan to destroy Alchemax Genetics for good by allowing Mooney to escape and lead them to their secret bunker. She and Bellona switched outfits, and Laura allowed herself to be "killed" and brought into the base. Gabby and Bellona later entered the bunker with her assistance, and she then helped Bellona take out Captain Mooney. Bellona refused to allow Gabby to watch her kill him, and after the deed was done said her farewells. Gabby protested, but Bellona reminded her they had an agreement with Kimura. Gabby then hurried to meet up with Laura, and came across her making a point to Chandler about the girls' powerlessness. As they were about to leave, Gabby asked to have a moment alone with Chandler, to which Laura agreed.

Gabby approached the director of the project which created her, and admitted that she really wanted to kill him; however, because Laura and Zelda wanted her to be a good person, and Gabby herself desired to be good, she refrained from doing so, and satisfied herself with scaring him instead by extending a claw — which Chandler didn't believe any of the girls had manifested — in his face. She then left him there and hurried to catch up with Laura, admitting she was afraid at the idea of having to decide her own future. Laura expressed her understanding, and her pride that Gabby held herself back from killing Chandler as they walked away from the base hand-in-hand before S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived.

In the aftermath of the takedown of Alchemax Genetics, Gabby stayed at Laura's apartment while it was decided what would become of her next. Driven by Logan's example, Laura preferred finding her a new home that offered her greater safety and a chance at the normal life both had been denied, and which Gabby was unlikely to find with her. However, Gabby was upset by this prospect, as she felt that with Zelda and Bellona gone Laura was all the family she had left. Laura ultimately realized that Logan was wrong when he sent her away to the Xavier Institute, and reconsidered. She agreed that the best place for Gabby would be with her, asking her to stay on permanently. The new home also came with a new pet when Gabby gleefully adopted a wolverine named Jonathan that Squirrel Girl rescued from a lab.

Characterization: Although abused by Alchemax Genetics the same as her sisters, Gabby was largely shielded from the worst of their treatment. As a result, she survived their training and escaped with her innocence more or less intact. Doctor Strange confirmed with the Eye of Agamotto that although Gabby had done some questionable things, she was indeed an innocent, and Zelda called her what the Sisters should have been.

Despite her training and unusual level of maturity, Gabby can nonetheless be quite child-like in her behavior. She gushes over Jonathan when she first sees him, expressing a desire to dress him up in little suits. Gabby actually makes good on this by making him a costume to protect his identity, and because it is "adorable." She has also demonstrated an ability to switch from issuing deadly threats to her usual friendly demeanor without hesitation.

Friends and Foes: Gabby is close to her sister Laura and Jonathan the wolverine. She has begun to try and forge a relationship with Logan, who has kept his distance since his return to avoid complicating her and Laura’s lives any more than he already has. But Laura and Gabby are starting to wear him down.
Thorpocalypse

Honey Badger (Gabby): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

He's Jonathan the Unstoppable. They will write songs of his legend! - Honey Badger

HONEY BADGER (GABBY)
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 6 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+1), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth 8 (+13), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (4), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Jack-of-all-Trades, Minion (4) (Jonathan the Wolverine), Move-by Action, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 20 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Nunchakus: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Impressive; 4 pts
Honey and Badger Brass Knuckles: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2. Double; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +1; Claw Strike +3, Critical 19-20; Nunchakus +3; Honey Badger Brass Knuckles +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Guns +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Facility, Alchemax and generally all of the Wolverine family adversaries.
Motivation: Doing the right thing and living up to her sisters' hope that she will be a good person.
Naïve: Gabby was kept in captivity most of her life and while she has some general knowledge of the outside world, she is learning new things all the time, especially about people.
Relationships: With her sisters, Laura and Bellona, and Jonathan the Unstoppable, her pet wolverine.
Underestimated: Gabby can come off sweet, cute and naïve, but she is a trained assassin and can flip the switch in a second.
Vulnerable: Due to the nanites that are in her blood that make her immune to pain, she may have a reduced lifespan unless they can be removed.

Abilities 60 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 38 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Gabby as a PC is a bit overpowered from a cap standpoint.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDRook

Re: Honey Badger (Gabby): Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by JDRook »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:40 am Image
He's Jonathan the Unstoppable. They will write songs of his legend! - Honey Badger
HONEY BADGER (GABBY)

Abilities 60 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 38 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150

I thought you might make her more of a Teen Hero PC at PL8 or 9.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Honey Badger (Gabby): Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

JDRook wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:10 am HONEY BADGER (GABBY)

I thought you might make her more of a Teen Hero PC at PL8 or 9.
I probably will. I haven't put the time in for the teen heroes of my Earth-PC2 setting where I'm sticking closer to their "real" PLs. For my Earth-PC1 setting, I'm sticking with the Kerian Valentine philosophy of "PL10/150 pts...no compromise...no exceptions". ;)
Thorpocalypse

Honey Badger: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

She was awesome and she only got to be awesome for, like, a week or something, and that's not cool. - Honey Badger

HONEY BADGER (GABBY)
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 4 (+5), Deception (+2), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation (+1), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Guns] 5 (+5), Sleight of Hand (+0), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology (+1), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+0)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Move-by Action, Takedown (1)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +1; Claw Strike +3, Critical 19-20; Honey Badger Brass Knuckles +3]
Ranged Attack +0
Guns +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 50 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 38 + Defenses 11 = 120 / 120

Build Comments: Gabby as a PL8 PC. I have plans for a PC teen hero test so I needed a version of her more in line with her current representation.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Jon Kent): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It's Super Saturday here at J-Mart!

You do what every hero does... the best you can. - Superman

SUPERMAN (JON KENT)
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 8; DPL: 14; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 170
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Kryptonian Hybrid
Base of Operations: Hamilton County, ME, USA
Team Affiliations: Super Sons

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+8), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Popular Culture] 1 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (1), Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Boy of Steel: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 15, Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 28 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 2, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 2], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 17 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Accurate 2); 30 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

Energy Transference: 28 pt Array; 30 pts
Solar Flare: Burst Area Solar Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft burst], Flaw: Uncontrolled); 28 pts
Electrokinetic Punch: Enhanced Electrical Unarmed Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 12, Variable Descriptor 2 [Bludgeoning/Electrical Energy], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Electrokinetic Shield: Enhanced Impervious Protection 2 (Flaw: Sustained, Uncontrolled); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +18; Electrokinetic Punch +20]
Ranged Attack +3
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area; Freezing Breath Affliction +9, Cone Area; Solar Flare +14, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +17 (+17 without Defensive Roll, +8 Impervious, +19 with Electrokinetic Field), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Big Shoes to Fill: Jon is the son of the greatest hero of all, Superman, and he feels a lot of pressure to be the hero his dad has been.
Power Loss: Under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers and reduce his stats to the following: Str -1, Fgt 1.
Relationships: Jon is close to his parents, Clark and Lois Lane Lent, his grandparents, Martha and Jonathan Kent and the family dog, Krypto. He is getting close to Kon-El, Supergirl and Power Girl and is working on being friends with Damian Wayne. Although it seems to be one-sided on his part...
Responsibility: Like his father, Superboy feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: He and his parents help him maintain his identity as Jon Lane Kent, elementary school student in Metropolis.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 104 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 169 + Defenses 15 = 303 / 303

Build Comments: I read the first 7 issues of Superman post Rebirth. Really liked it. I guess it’s because I’m a dad that I really get the whole “married with children” vibe that the Superman series has now. And I really liked how Peter J Tomasi is handling Clark and Lois’ son, Jon. He could be REALLY annoying like early Damian Wayne but much like the difference between Clark and Bruce, he comes off as more of a normal kid than the current Robin.

Sidenote: Tomasi wrote a great panel in Superman #7 where Clark is flying around assisting Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash. Aquaman says “thanks”. Wonder Woman says “thanks”. Flash says “thanks”. Batman says “I don’t recall asking for help.” Classic.

THEN Bendis took over and sent Jon away with his Jor-El for space adventures and he came back aged up 7 years so Bendis could use him in his Legion of Superheroes reboot. *Sigh* And to think at one point I was looking forward to him writing Superman... :roll:

Secret Origins: Jonathan "Jon" Kent is the firstborn son of Kryptonian superhero Superman and news reporter Lois Lane.

The Story so Far: After Jon’s birth, both Lois and Clark took time off from the Daily Planet and Superman mostly retired from superheroics, except for a few times where he had to assist the superhero community with apocalypse level events. Jon grew oblivious of his parent's past, being deprived of their real identities while living an apparently normal life, but he was always suspicious of their sometimes awkward behavior, and always showed curiosity for, unbeknownst to him, his father's secret exploits. Jon later discovered he had superpowers, including heat vision when he accidentally killed his cat. Later, he went to the Moon to help his father (once again operating openly as Superman) fight the Eradicator, who had trapped Superman inside of him. Lois got into one of Batman`s suits and helped Jon free Superman. Superman and the Eradicator fought until Superman won. Then, Jon and Lois went to a ceremony for Superman, and in the night, Clark gave Jon a hat and glasses to conceal his secret. He then got into his costume and went with his dad to the Justice League Watchtower and Superman introduced Jon to Batman and Wonder Woman as Superboy, making him a part of the Justice League.

Characterization: Jonathan is described by his homeroom teacher as quick-thinking, respectful and a bit of a daydreamer. He idolizes his heroic father and wishes to follow in his footsteps.

Friends and Foes: Jon is closest to his mother and father. He has a good friend in his neighbor and classmate Kathy, who seems to have a crush on him. He shares primary care of Krypto with his father’s clone, Kon-El, who lives with them now and Jon sees him as a big brother. He is getting close to his cousins Supergirl and Power Girl and has met Damian Wayne, who regards him with great disdain, which only strengthens his resolve to make Damian like him.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Jon Kent): Earth-PC1/Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This is a job for Supeman! - Superman

SUPERMAN (JON KENT)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [13], STAMINA 11, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+1/+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise [Popular Culture] 1 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 8 (+8), Stealth (+3), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Diehard, Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 19 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Boys: 24 pt Array; 27 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 12; 24 pts
Heat Vision Ranged Heat Energy Damage 12; 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 17 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt
5th Fastest Man Alive: Speed 10 (2,000 mph/4 mpr), Quickness 10; 1 pt
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Strength Check]; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +1; Super Strength Unarmed +13]
Ranged Attack +0
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +12]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13 (+13 without Defensive Roll, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Big Shoes to Fill: Jon is the son of the greatest hero of all, Superman, and he feels a lot of pressure to be the hero his dad has been.
Power Loss: Under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers and reduce his stats to the following: Str -1, Fgt 1.
Relationships: Jon is close to his parents, Clark and Lois Lane Lent, his grandparents, Martha and Jonathan Kent and the family dog, Krypto. He is getting close to Kon-El, Supergirl and Power Girl and is working on being friends with Damian Wayne. Although it seems to be one-sided on his part...
Responsibility: Like his father, Superboy feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: He and his parents help him maintain his identity as Jon Lane Kent, elementary school student in Metropolis.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 54 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 71 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Jon as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Superboy (Jon Kent): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Eventually
Thorpocalypse

Superboy (Kon-El/Conner Kent): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another Super Saturday Special hits the Aisle 1 shelves!

They call me SUPERBOY, I have no idea why. - Superboy

SUPERBOY (KON-EL)
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 3; DPL: 12; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 180
Race: Human Kryptonian Hybrid
Base of Operations: Hamilton County, ME, USA
Team Affiliations: Teen Titans

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+10), Deception (+3), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 7 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Great Endurance, Power Attack (3) (Heat Vision, Telekinetic Blast, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Kryptonian Hybrid Physique: Protection 1, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Poisons [Flaw: Limited to half effect]), Regeneration 2 (1 every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 8 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 7 (Suffocation, All Environmental Conditions), Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 31 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 12 (8,000 mph/16 mpr); 24 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 13 (Extra: Accurate 3); 29 pts
Telekinetic Senses: 12 pt Array; 13 pts
Super Senses: Senses 12 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended, Pentetrates Concealment], Normal Vision [Extended], Touch [Extended, Ranged, Acute, Analytical], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 12 pts
Language Assimilation: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Understand all Languages; Flaw: Must touch speaker of languages to learn); 1 pt

Telekinetic Powers: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14; 28 pts
Telekinetic Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]; 1 pt
Telekinetic Punch: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Penetrating 10); 1 pt
Tactile Telekinesis: Move Object 14 (Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +7
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +10; Telekinetic Punch +14; Tactile Telekinesis +14]
Ranged Attack +4
Simulated Heat Vision +9 [Heat Vision +13]
Telekinesis +10 [Telekinetic Blast +14]
Special Attack [Telekinetic Burst +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +11 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Harvest and NOWHERE.
I don't get it…: Kon-El was raised in captivity so he struggles at times with life in the real world and the little idiosyncrasies of life that a lof of people take for granted. Like humor…
Legacy: Now that he has spent time with Superman and fought along side him, he has made a decision to try and live up to the legacy that the Man of Steel has set.
Power Loss: Kon-El loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Kon-El is close to his Teen Titans teammates, Red Robin (Tim Drake-Wayne) and Kid Flash (Bart Allen). He has a mutual attraction to Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark). He has started to forge relationships with Superman, Supergirl and Power Girl and he has taken over care of Krypto.
Secret Identity: Tim Drake-Wayne and Superman have helped him create a secret identity of Conner Kent.
Vulnerable: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.
Weakness: His body does not process solar energy as well as a full Kryptonian and repeated use of Extra Effort can leave him disabled and eventually dying as his body begins to feed on itself for energy.

Abilities 86 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 136 + Defenses 13 = 251 / 251

Build Comments: One of the pleasant surprises in the New 52 to me personally was Superboy. Some of the issues are not that great, but of all the origin updates, I tended to see his as one of the better ones. Granted, the whole NOWHERE/Harvest arc involving all the teen teams in the DCNU kinda sucked, but getting a non-90s Superboy out of it was worth it. His struggle to become more than a living weapon and his interactions with the rest of the Superman family were pretty good stuff.

Plus, I liked his divergence off the common Kryptonian powers, using more of the telekinetic aspect. I always thought they needed to delve more into the psionic aspect of the Kryptonian abilities. I know we should never talk real world physics with comic stuff, but girls that look like Kara shouldn’t be lifting mountains. You can see The Hulk and Thing doing high strength stuff, but there should be some psionic tie to that for normal sized people. I know how someone looks isn’t always an indication of their strength, but if you look at real weightlifters, it’s pretty obvious that there is a line. Some smaller people can lift a lot, but none of them are going to break the heavyweight lifting records just because of pure muscle mass.

But I digress. I liked the New 52 Kon-El Superboy so I’m going with a version that leans more towards him for the Thorpocaverse. And of course, since I liked him, they killed him off to make that Jon Lane Kent dude the new Superboy, at least for a while. Then we got the good Jon Kent and then Bendis decided to bring the original Kon-El back to be part of his Young Justice reboot. And Superboy Prime has showed up again. So we’ve got more Superboys than we know what to do with!

Secret Origins: Superboy is a clone of Superman created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E., an organization which threatens the lives of teen heroes and has a wide array of unforeseen plans. He was awakened by his caretaker and pseudo-mother Caitlin Fairchild.

The Story so Far: He was continually tested by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. under orders by Zaniel Templar and supervised by Rose Wilson, Doctor Umber and Doctor White. His first field mission was to infiltrate an alien prison designated as Pen 51, where he lost control of his telekinetic powers and was first separated from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. Upon reaching the surface he was attacked by another alien from Pen 51 who revealed that Superboy is both Kryptonian and human. After defeating Caitlin Fairchild, Superboy met with Centerhall who told him he's free to come and go as he pleased, but asked that Superboy considered returning to help N.O.W.H.E.R.E. put a stop to dangerous metahumans.

After seven days of freedom, Superboy felt his first compulsion towards heroics when he stopped a metahuman couple who had killed a restaurant full of people. As he met Centerhall again, he agreed to rejoin N.O.W.H.E.R.E.

After freeing Caitlin Fairchild while in disguise, Superboy prepared for battle against the Teen Titans. After taking Wonder Girl and the other Teen Titans down Superboy realized that he was in fact created as a weapon and was being wielded by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. In an encounter with Supergirl, he learned of his Kryptonian heritage, though when she learned he was a clone, she considered him Kon-El, "an abomination in the House of El."

Superboy returned once again to N.O.W.H.E.R.E. and defeated Centerhall. He discovered he was the second clone created, but was defeated in combat by Rose Wilson before he could find out more. He was rescued by the Teen Titans and he since joined the team, met Superman who has begun training him and trying to forge a relationship him. He has taken the name Conner Kent and is learning how to live in the outside world.

Characterization: Kon-El has a great desire to use his powers for the right reasons but due to his secluded upbringing in NOWHERE, he lacks social skills and knowledge about the “real” world.

Friends and Foes: He is becoming fast friends with Red Robin and Kid Flash and seems to have an attraction to Wonder Girl. He has been forging relationships with Superman, Supergirl and Power Girl and has taken over as Krypto’s primary master. The two of them bonded very quickly.