J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Loki PC, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, Dragons (basic)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

CaptainKaulu wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 am What's the point of "Stunned and Compelled (to flee)"? Doesn't Stunned prevent fleeing?
By cracky, you’re right. I’ll have to fix that up. Thanks for the catch.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Loki PC, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, Dragons (basic)

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:28 pm
CaptainKaulu wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 am What's the point of "Stunned and Compelled (to flee)"? Doesn't Stunned prevent fleeing?
By cracky, you’re right. I’ll have to fix that up. Thanks for the catch.
Hahaha, that reminds me of a line from a show: "Don't move! Get out of the car!" The other person said, "Which is it? Don't move or get out of the car?"
Thorpocalypse

Constantine: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this 'ere build, luv...

I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive the demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down, and then I'll be gone back into the darkness, leaving only a nod, a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would want to walk with me? - John Constantine

JOHN CONSTANTINE
PL9

OPL: 4; SPL 9; DPL: 6; FWPL 8; HP: 2
Height: 6-0
Weight: 185
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Liverpool, England
Team Affiliations: Justice League Dark

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 9 (+16) [Daze, Durable Lie, Fascinate, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Magic] 14 (+19) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Supremacy], Expertise [Music] 3 (+8), Expertise [Occult] 14 (+19) [Skill Supremacy], Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+10), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 10 (+15), Insight 10 (+15), Intimidation (+7), Investigation 10 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 10 (+15), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected, Daze, Skill Mastery], Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Connected, Contacts, Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Defensive Roll (2), Durable Lie*, Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (1) (Deception), Favored Foe (Deities), Favored Foe (Demons), Languages (2) (French, 4 others, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (3), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (3), Redirect, Ritualist, Second Chance (2) (Will checks against Control Effects, Will checks against Fear effects), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Skill Supremacy (2) (Expertise [Magic], Expertise [Occult]), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Deception, Will Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Demon Tainted Blood: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 3 pts
Haunted: Communication 2 (Speak, Understand spirits), Senses 2 (Detect Spirits [Extended]); 10 pts
Spellcasting: Variable 6 (Mystical Descriptor; 30 pts Traits, Flaw: Slow); 30 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
5 pts for minor mystic paraphernalia (Holy Water vial, herbs, etc.)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +10 (Second Chance, Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Destiny's Pawn: Constantine seems to be drawn to big supernatural events whether he wants to or not.
Enemy: John's made several throughout the years, but his biggest foes have been the demon lord Nergal, his former mentor Necro Nick and the Archangel Gabriel.
Pain In The Ass: Despite his charm, John can also make all manner of creature want to kick his ass. Or worse...
Relationships: He and Zatanna have had a long, on and off relationship. He is also close to his best friend Chas. And there are rumors that he has a daughter somewhere that he tries to protect by staying away from her.
Reputation: Supernatural charlatan, liar and kiss of death to those close to him.

Abilities 60 + Skills 52 (104 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 43 + Defenses 18 = 207 / 207

Build Comments: You can't have mystical world run without the smart ass magical charlatan himself, Constantine.

Secret Origins: John was born in Liverpool, but has spent most of his life growing up in London, from the sixties onward. He was born a twin, which he happened to strangle in the womb. His mother died in labor and his father blamed John for the death of his mother and that was the root to the friction between them. When not running away from home John Constantine was raised by his older sister Cheryl Masters.

Known as “The Constant One,” John is a descendant from a long line of magic users. Fascinated by the occult from a young age, John threw himself into learning magic to escape his unhappy family life. He eventually moved in with roommate Chas Chandler, the two became best friends. Around this time John began following occult circles around London (as well as the Punk music scene), and eventually became the magic using, demon tricking con artist he is today.

The Story so Far: Constantine has been involved in more supernatural events that he cares to remember. To sum things up in his own words:

"I'm the one who steps from the shadows, all trenchcoat and cigarette and arrogance, ready to deal with the madness. Oh, I've got it all sewn up. I can save you. If it takes the last drop of your blood, I'll drive the demons away. I'll kick them in the bollocks and spit on them when they're down, and then I'll be gone back into the darkness, leaving only a nod, a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone... who would want to walk with me?"

Characterization: John Constantine is known for his unique personality as much as he is for his occult skills. A cynical, weathered magician with few real relationships, Constantine displays on occasion a compassionate, humanist side to his personality, and is not afraid of risking his life for a heroic cause.

He finds making friends very easy, as well as establishing romantic links and relationships. However, a lot of people who associate with Constantine end up dying, a fact that John is quite aware of. When The King of Vampires killed a man in front of John and asked Constantine if the man was his friend, John replied "Must be. He's dead."

Constantine is a chain smoker and has been for a very long time. His brand of choice is Silk Cut, though he has been seen smoking Marlboro or Camel’s from time to time, presumably when out of the country or when Silk Cut are unavailable. Despite his heavy smoking, Constantine does not take any other drugs, and once called his friend a “dirty lowlife bastard” when he found a needle with a nondescript drug in it.

Friends and Foes: John's longest surviving friend is Chas Chandler, who has assisted John in many of his adventures. Chas is a taxi driver, and usually ends up driving John where ever John needs to go. John tries (and tends to fail) to keep Chas out of the dirtier aspects of what he does. Chas' wife, Renee, dislikes John greatly. Most of John's friends find themselves killed in some way or another, often haunting John as ghosts. These include Gary Lester, Frank North, Benjamin Cox and Judith. John has also had many girlfriends (and the odd boyfriend) such as Kit Ryan, Zed and Stanley Manor.
Thorpocalypse

Constantine: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

When you can bounce a hi def photo of your junk off a satellite zipping above the planet and zap it in the hands of anyone, anywhere on Earth, ... where does that leave "magic"? - John Constantine

JOHN CONSTANTINE
PL10

OPL: 4; SPL 10; DPL: 6; FWPL 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 12 (+17) [Daze, Durable Lie, Fascinate, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Magic] 17 (+20) [Artificer, Ritualist], Expertise [Music] 2 (+5), Expertise [Occult] 12 (+15), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 7 (+10) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Connected, Daze, Skill Mastery], Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Connected, Contacts, Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (2), Ritualist, Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Deception, Will Check), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Demon Tainted Blood: Feature 1 (Longevity), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds, Extra: Persistent); 3 pts
Haunted: Communication 2 (Speak, Understand spirits), Senses 2 (Detect Spirits [Extended]); 10 pts
Spellcasting: Variable 2 (Mystical Descriptor; 10 pts Traits, Flaw: Slow); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
5 pts for minor mystic paraphernalia (Holy Water vial, herbs, etc.)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +4

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +10 (Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Destiny's Pawn: Constantine seems to be drawn to big supernatural events whether he wants to or not.
Enemy: John's made several throughout the years, but his biggest foes have been the demon lord Nergal, his former mentor Necro Nick and the Archangel Gabriel.
Pain In The Ass: Despite his charm, John can also make all manner of creature want to kick his ass. Or worse...
Relationships: He and Zatanna have had a long, on and off relationship. He is also close to his best friend Chas. And there are rumors that he has a daughter somewhere that he tries to protect by staying away from her.
Reputation: Supernatural charlatan, liar and kiss of death to those close to him.

Abilities 50 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 24 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: John fits pretty well as a PC.
Thorpocalypse

Constantine: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Strange: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The Doctor is in!

Where mankind is menaced by magic... there must Doctor Strange go to combat it! - Doctor Strange

DOCTOR STRANGE (SORCEROR SUPREME)
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 14; DPL: 13; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 180
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black/White
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: The Avengers; The Defenders; The White Council

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 7 [10], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 17 (+22/+24) [Artificer, Ritualist. Ultimate Effort], Insight 13 (+20), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 9 (+19), Persuasion 8 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Magic] 6 (+11), Stealth (+2), Treatment 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (2 [4]) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy], Status 2 – Sorcerer Supreme of Earth), Close Attack (4), Connected, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (2) (French, Arcane, 3 others, Base: English), Power Attack (1) (Axe of Angarruumus), Ranged Attack (2), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Magic]), Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Expertise [Magic])

POWERS:
Levitation: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr, Flaw: Levitation only); 1 pt
Sorcerer Supreme: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Benefit 2 [Status - Sorcerer Supreme), Enhanced Skills 1 (Expertise [Magic] 2 ranks), Enhanced Awareness 3; 11 pts
Mystic Senses: Senses 6 (Mystic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Acute, Extended, Ranged]); 6 pts
Sorcery Array: 48 pt Dynamic Array; 68 pts
The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 15 (Mystic Bonds; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 48 pts
Bolts of Bedevilment: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic, Split, Flaw: Limited [Multiattack limited to magical opponents]); 2 pts
Images of Ikonn: Illusion 9 (All Senses, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Winds of Watoomb: Cone Area Move Object 14 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Dynamic); 2 pts
The Seven Rings of Raggadorr: Deflect 15 (Extra: Accurate, Reflect, Redirect, Dynamic); 2 pts
Crystals of Cyndriarr: Create 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mystic Force Field: Protection 12 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
The Shield of the Seraphim: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Flaw: Affects others only), Create 12 (Force Spheres; Extra: Dynamic, Linked [Immunity], Flaw: Limited to simple spherical objects); 2 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 [12], Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide; Extra: Dimensional, Dynamic); 2 pts
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 13 (Visual, Auditory, Mystic awareness; Extra: Dimensional (Astral Plane), Dynamic, Subtle, Flaw: Limited [physical body is defenseless]); 2 pts
The Mists of Morpheus: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic); 2 pts

Cloak of Levitation: 31 pts Traits, Removable (-6 pts); 25 pts
Flight: Flight 9 (1000 mph/2 mpr); 18 pts
Mystic Arms: Extra Limbs 2 (2 arms), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Move Object 6 (Extra: Reach [5 ft], Flaw: Range [Close], Sustained); 13 pts

Eye of Agamotto 40 pts traits, Removable (-8 pts); 32 pts
All Seeing Eye: Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Tracking], Postcognition); 12 pts
All Revealing Light: 24 pt Array; 28 pts
Blinding Light: Cone Area Affliction 12 (Light; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Concentration, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual]); 24 pts
Light of Last Resort: Cone Area Light Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
All Seeing Eye: Senses 12 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment, Counters Illusion, Tracking], Postcognition); 12 pts
Light of Truth: Enhanced Mind Reading 2; 1 pt
Dimensional Beacon: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2 [Earth/Mystic Dimensions], Extra: Portal 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt

Book of The Vishanti: 31 pts traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Spell Enhancements: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Ultimate Effort [Expertise: Magic]); 1 pt
Magic Spells: Variable 6 (30 pts traits; Mystic Descriptor, Flaw: Slow); 30 pts

Axe of Angarruumus: 7 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 5 pts
Enchanted Axe: Mystical Slashing Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
The Sanctum Sanctorum: (18 pts)
Size - Medium (Exterior), Tough - 12, Features - Concealed, Defense Systems [Wards], Dual-Size [Huge], Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Sealed, Secret, Security System 2 [DC25], Workshop, Orb of Agamotto [Visual Remote Sensing 26, Dimensional 2, Distracting]); 18 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Axe of Angarruumus +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Magic +11 [Bolts of Bedevilment +17, Multiattack; Crimson Bands of Cytorrak Affliction +15; Crystals of Cyndriarr Create +17]
Seven Rings of Raggadorr +13 [Seven Rings of Raggadorr Deflect +15]
Special Attack [Blinding Light Affliction +12, Cone Area; Light of Last Resort +12, Cone Area; Winds of Watoomb Move Object +14, Cone Area; The Mists of Morpheus Affliction +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Cloak of Levitation) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Cloak of Levitation) [DC18/20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +16 with Mystic Force Field, +6 Impervious with Mystic Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Baron Mordo, Dormammu, The Skinwalker.
Guilt: He feels guilt over his usage of dark magics that cost him his title before and for several other decisions he has made in his life.
Power Loss: He needs to be able to speak and gesture to cast his spells.
Responsibility: Sorcerer Supreme.
Rivalry: The Merlin and some other members of the White Council.

Abilities 64 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 167 + Defenses 15 = 307 / 307

Build Comments: I really liked the Doctor Strange movie. It’s not one of my favorite Marvel movies, but it was a really entertaining and man, the visuals were fantastic. And I love the direction they took with him as the movies went on. I am beyond excited about Multiverse of Madness, even if I have to watch it at home...

Secret Origins: At a young age, Stephen Strange had dreams of becoming a doctor. The eldest child of three, Strange was born while his parents Eugene and Beverly Strange were on vacation in Philadelphia. At the age of eleven he aided his younger sister Donna when she was injured, which proved to be a formative experience for him, and he was inspired to attend medical school after high school. Ironically, it was his inability to later save her from drowning when he was nineteen and on leave from college that undermined his belief in life’s meaning and the value of idealism. Nevertheless, he rapidly finished med school at a young age and became a successful neurosurgeon.

Strange displayed phenomenal talent in his chosen field, and quickly attained wealth and notoriety. The more successful he became, the more arrogant he grew. Eventually this led to estrangement from his family and the undoing of his relationship with a United Nations translator named Madeline Revell to whom he had proposed marriage. So distant and self-absorbed did he become that he refused to visit his father on his deathbed. His enraged younger brother Victor Strange berated him for this, and then was killed as he ran into traffic. Stephen then placed the body of his brother into cryogenic storage.

A car accident that damaged the nerves in his hands changed everything for Stephen Strange. He was no longer able to be a surgeon, yet he refused to become an assistant or consultant, instead squandering his money travelling the world and searching for a cure. One day he heard a rumor of a mystical personage known as the Ancient One in Tibet. Marshaling the last of his inner and outer resources, Strange diligently searched until the fortress of the Ancient One was revealed to him. Though initially outraged that the aged mystic refused to cure his hands, Strange’s anger was quickly replaced by amazement when the reality of magical forces was demonstrated before his eyes as he witnessed an attack on the Ancient One.

Circumstances revealed to Strange that it was none other than Baron Mordo, the Ancient One’s chief disciple, who was the perpetrator of the attack, and who continued to plot the destruction of the antediluvian mystic in an attempt to gain power. To his horror, Strange learned he was unable to reveal this after Mordo easily ensorcelled him. Realizing the Ancient One was a force for good; Stephen selflessly abandoned his quest to restore his hands and committed himself to magical tutelage with the intention of foiling Mordo’s insidious scheme. By this act Strange proved himself to the Ancient One, to whom the entire melodrama had been transparent. Thus Doctor Strange put himself on the path to become the new Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth dimension, yet gained a deadly enemy in Baron Mordo.

The Story so Far: After many years of training, Strange returned to New York. He became a mystical consultant and started having interactions with the superhero community. After the Fantastic Four formed and many superheroes began to surface, Doctor Strange found a friend in Spider-Man. Spider-Man helped him rescue a group of people from another dimension and suggested that Strange remove from their memory this traumatic experience, though this meant that they would forget his own heroism. Initially tricked into conflict with each other by Loki, Thor and Doctor Strange also formed an early alliance to combat the god of mischief.

Noteworthy among the good Doctor’s numerous foes over the years as Earth’s magical guardian were the Dread Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, the Undying Ones, and Nightmare. Strange’s first battle with Dormammu ensued when the powerful demigod of the Dark Dimension attempted to invade earth’s plane as he perceived the wane of the Ancient One’s might. Strange was forced to duel Dormammu in the Dark Dimension, and though vastly out-powered by the god-like entity, Strange was able to tax Dormammu to the extent that the barrier separating beings known as the Mindless Ones from the rest of the Dark Dimension became compromised. A force of pure destruction, the Mindless Ones would have meant annihilation to the other denizens of Dormmamu’s realm, and Strange nobly contributed his power to his enemy to prevent their being unleashed.

Bound by whatever strange honor as applies to his daemonic ilk, Dormammu then called off his invasion and released Strange. They were to clash many times subsequently, however, and Dormammu has been one of Strange’s most implacable and powerful foes. It was during this adventure that Doctor Strange also met Clea, a beautiful but inexperienced mystic and the daughter of Umar, Dormmamu’s sister, who became Strange’s first apprentice, as well as his lover.

In one of his more bizarre adventures, Strange fought the demonic forces of Shuma-Gorath, an ancient Lovecraftian entity that coveted earth’s domination from the world’s distant past and this time threatened our reality using the very mind of Doctor Strange’s beloved mentor, the Ancient One. Though it agonized him, Strange was left with no choice but to obey his teacher and slay him to prevent the holocaust Shuma-Gorath would have unleashed upon the world. The Ancient One then ascended to become one with the being known as Eternity, while Strange inherited the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme.

Dr. Strange has remained a mainstay of the superhero community, forming The Defenders, which he leads a new incarnation of currently, and also spending time with The Avengers and Stormwatch.

Characterization: Doctor Strange is one of the most respected members of the superheroic and mystical community. His arrogance still rears its head from time to time and he still has some self-destructive tendencies but overall, he remains the top mystical mind in the Thorpacoverse.

Friends and Foes: Doctor Strange has many allies in the superhero community due to his time in the Defenders, the Avengers and his supernatural consultantion for dozens of heroes. He also has a complicated, but currently solid relationship with the White Council of Wizards who allow him to work outside of the Seven Laws due to his status as Sorceror Supreme. He is also good friends with Kent Nelson, Doctor Fate, as the two have joined forces many times to protect the Earth from powerful supernatural threats.

His greatest foe is Dormammu, and he has also had a long rivalry with Baron Mordo. Because of his work, he has encountered and incurred enemies all over the Earth and beyond.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Loki PC, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, Dragons, Constantine, Doctor Strange

Post by Ares »

When it comes to the Big Two's most powerful heroic magic users, Dr. Fate has the cooler look, but Dr. Strange is the better character.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Strange: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The Ancient One - Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all.
Doctor Strange - Which is?
Ancient One - It's not about you.

DOCTOR STRANGE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4 [7], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+16/+20) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery], Insight 6 (+10/+13), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception (+4/+7), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Magic] 7 (+7), Stealth (+2), Treatment 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (1) (Status – Sorcerer Supreme of Earth), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (1) (French, Arcane, Base: English), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Magic]), Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Expertise [Magic])

POWERS:
Sorcerer Supreme: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Benefit [Status - Sorcerer Supreme, Skill Mastery [Expertise: Magic]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Expertise [Magic] 4 ranks), Enhanced Awareness 3; 12 pts
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Sorcery Array: 26 pt Array; 32 pts
The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Mystic Bonds; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 26 pts
Bolts of Bedevilment: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Energy Damage 13 (Flaw: Limited [Multiattack limited to magical opponents]); 1 pt
Mystic Senses: Senses 6 (Mystic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Acute, Extended, Ranged]); 1 pt
Images of Ikonn: Illusion 5 (All Senses); 1 pt
Crystals of Cyndriarr: Create 13; 1 pt
Mystic Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 13 (Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt
The Shield of the Seraphim: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Faw: Affects others only); 1 pt

Cloak of Levitation: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Flight: Flight 4 (30 mph/500 ft pr); 8 pts
Mystic Arms: Extra Limbs 2 (2 arms); 2 pts

Eye of Agamotto 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
All Revealing Light: 12 pt Array; 14 pts
Blinding Light: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Light; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Concentration, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Dimensional Beacon: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2 [Earth/Mystic Dimensions], Extra: Portal 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Size - Medium (Exterior), Tough - 12, Features - Concealed, Defense Systems [Wards], Dual-Size [Huge], Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Sealed, Secret, Security System 2 [DC25], Workshop, Orb of Agamotto [Visual Remote Sensing 26, Dimensional 2, Distracting]); 18 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +0
Magic +7 [Bolts of Bedevilment +13, Multiattack; Crimson Bands of Cytorrak Affliction +8; Crystals of Cyndriarr Create +13]
Special Attack [Blinding Light Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Mystic Force Field, +7 Impervious with Mystic Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Guilt: He feels guilt over his usage of dark magics that cost him his title before and for several other decisions he has made in his life.

Abilities 46 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 62 + Defenses 13 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: This took me a long time to play around with before I felt OK with it but I feel pretty good about it.
MacynSnow

Re: J-Mart: Loki PC, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, Dragons, Constantine, Doctor Strange

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 am When it comes to the Big Two's most powerful heroic magic users, Dr. Fate has the cooler look, but Dr. Strange is the better character.
I don't know 'bout that Ares. Much as i'm an "Old Marvel" mark, i actually think Fate has more power that Strange(admittedly not all his own) and possiblly a much better Character Arch.
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Strange: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

What, you plan to turn into a purple dragon while I take the form of a germ for you to catch? Please, do you honestly want to have a wizard's duel with me? - Doctor Strange

DOCTOR STRANGE
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 12; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4 [7], PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 14 (+18/+22) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery], Insight 6 (+10/+13), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 1 (+5), Perception 2 (+6/+9), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Magic] 9 (+9), Stealth (+2), Treatment 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (1) (Status – Sorcerer Supreme of Earth), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Languages (1) (French, Arcane, Base: English), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Magic]), Trance, Ultimate Effort (1) (Expertise [Magic])

POWERS:
Sorcerer Supreme: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Benefit [Status - Sorcerer Supreme, Skill Mastery [Expertise: Magic]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Expertise [Magic] 4 ranks), Enhanced Awareness 3; 12 pts
Sorcery Array: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 49 pts
Bolts of Bedevilment: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Limited [Multiattack limited to magical opponents]); 31 pts
The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Mystic Bonds; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2,Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 2 pts
Mystic Senses: Senses 6 (Mystic Awareness [Mental], Detect Magic [Mental; Acute, Extended, Ranged], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Images of Ikonn: Illusion 6 (All Senses; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Crystals of Cyndriarr: Create 15 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 9, Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 9 (Visual, Auditory, Mystic Awareness; Extra: Dimensional (Astral Plane), Dynamic, Subtle, Flaw: Limited [physical body is defenseless]); 2 pts
Mystic Force Field: Protection 10 ( Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 13 ( Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts
The Shield of the Seraphim: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts

Cloak of Levitation: 12 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 10 pts
Flight: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 ft pr); 10 pts
Mystic Arms: Extra Limbs 2 (2 arms); 2 pts

Eye of Agamotto 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
All Revealing Light: 12 pt Array; 14 pts
Blinding Light: Cone Area Affliction 11 (Light; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Concentration, Flaw: Limited to one sense [Visual], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

Axe of Angarruumus: 8 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 4 pts
Enchanted Axe: Mystical Slashing Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous 2, Flaw: Limited 3 ranks and Dangerous 1 against non-magical targets); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Axe of Angarruumus +12 [Axe of Angarruumus +8, Critical 18-20; Axe of Angarruumus +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0
Magic +9 [Bolts of Bedevilment +15, Multiattack; Crimson Bands of Cytorrak Affliction +9; Crystals of Cyndriarr Create +15]
Special Attack [Blinding Light Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Mystic Force Field, +7 Impervious with Mystic Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 50 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 83 + Defenses 15 = 180 / 180
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:43 am
Ares wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:32 am When it comes to the Big Two's most powerful heroic magic users, Dr. Fate has the cooler look, but Dr. Strange is the better character.
I don't know 'bout that Ares. Much as i'm an "Old Marvel" mark, i actually think Fate has more power that Strange(admittedly not all his own) and possiblly a much better Character Arch.
Eh, power with mages on that level are hard to figure, and if there was some crossover fight I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be portrayed as relative peers. I could definitely see a case made for Fate having more raw power, but with mystics raw power isn't everything, as Dormammu has found out when fighting Stephen. But this would have to be the higher end, Lord of Order at the height of his power Dr. Fate.

Part of the problem is that the title of Dr. Fate has been passed around so often that there's almost no real consistency with the character (hence why I'm not sure about Fate having a better character arc). Stephen has the good old Stan Lee character arc of "arrogant jackass being punished for their hubris, learning humility and then becoming a hero", as well as multiple arcs of growth from a master of the mystic arts to the Sorcerer Supreme.

So in terms of being a better character, Strange almost wins by default thanks to Fate almost not really having a character at this point, it's really almost a really cool look (that golden helmet and cloak with the blue is just fantastic).
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Strange: Earth-FG1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Probably
Thorpocalypse

Doctor Strange: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Yup, later
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ares wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:43 am
Eh, power with mages on that level are hard to figure, and if there was some crossover fight I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be portrayed as relative peers. I could definitely see a case made for Fate having more raw power, but with mystics raw power isn't everything, as Dormammu has found out when fighting Stephen. But this would have to be the higher end, Lord of Order at the height of his power Dr. Fate.

Part of the problem is that the title of Dr. Fate has been passed around so often that there's almost no real consistency with the character (hence why I'm not sure about Fate having a better character arc). Stephen has the good old Stan Lee character arc of "arrogant jackass being punished for their hubris, learning humility and then becoming a hero", as well as multiple arcs of growth from a master of the mystic arts to the Sorcerer Supreme.

So in terms of being a better character, Strange almost wins by default thanks to Fate almost not really having a character at this point, it's really almost a really cool look (that golden helmet and cloak with the blue is just fantastic).
I can see your point 'bout the power, in the end it's just gonna depend on who's writing it.

As for character arch, the only one i know(besides Hawkman's kid, which they shoulda just gave him his DAD'S JOB AND NOT TURNED THE HALL'S INTO SUCH A.....) is Kent "i was a Stripper in a Cartoon" Nelson, who's always been portrayed rather well(my favorite being the Young Justice version as it was a more faithful rendition of the Source material), with some decent character stories.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

He also has a complicated, but currently solid relationship with the White Council of Wizards who allow him to work outside of the Seven Laws due to his status as Sorceror Supreme.
OK i cna imagine msyelf but ive got to know what thorpocaverse Harry Dresden and Strange think of each other. :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories