J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Black Widow: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL also kicks off our next run which is our oldest J-Mart tradition, LADIES' NIGHT! And actually we're going to make it a LADIES' WEEKEND!

How many more jobs... How long will it take... I don't know if I can do it... Even if I could forgive myself... This is what I am now. And you'll never know who I was before. - Black Widow

BLACK WIDOW (NATASHA ROMANOV)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 125
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: Avengers; SHIELD; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Deception 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Expertise [Dance] 4 (+8), Expertise [Spy] 10 (+14), Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 9 (+13), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 3 (+10) [Conceal Efforts], Stealth 8 (+15) [Accelerated Stealth, Skill Mastery], Technology 7 (+11), Treatment (+4), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (SHIELD Status 3 - Next highest rank to Steve Rogers and Nick Fury), Close Attack (2), Conceal Efforts*, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Arabic, 5 others, Base: Russian), Move-by Action, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (7), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Stealth), Takedown (1), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Deception), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Red Room Treatments: Immunity 1 (Aging, Disease), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 3 pts
Widow's Bite: 21 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 17 pts
Widow's Sting: Ranged Multiattack Electrical Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 17 pts
Widow's Stun: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 6 (Electrical; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Widow's Line: Movement 1 (Swinging), Feature 1 (Can make Trip attacks at range); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Movement 1 (Wall Crawling [Speed rank -1]); 3 pts
Binoculars: Feature 1 (+5 Perception [Visual at Distance]); 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation, Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Lockpicks: Feature 1 (Tools, Technology); 1 pt
Arsenal: (23 pts)
Twin Light Machine Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Split; 19 pts
Light Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3, Concealable; 1 pts
Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +3; Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Widow's Bite +6, Multiattack; Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack; Twin Light Machine Pistols +6, Multiattack; Light Pistol +3]
Special Attack [Tear Gas Affliction +4, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The second Black Widow, Yelena Belova, some members of the former Soviet Union, especially those involved with the Red Room experiments.
Motivation: Removing as much red from her ledger as she can.
Relationships: Bucky Barnes, Daredevil and her "work husband" Hawkeye. Other past relationships often come back to haunt her as well.
Reputation: She's a Russian super-spy who has betrayed others several times…for some reason, that causes others to mistrust her.

Abilities 96 + Skills 47 (94 ranks) + Advantages 42 + Powers 20 + Defenses 12 = 217 / 217

Build Comments: Natasha in this setting comes in at a goon sweeping machine PL10. I tried to get her where she can be a great assistance to the Avengers big hitters in a team environment, but she really excels where you think she would, espionage and street level settings. I would have hoped to be able to throw in comments about the movie, but...

Stupid global pandemic. :evil:

Secret Origins: Not much is known about Black Widow's history prior to World War II other than she was born as Natalia Romanova in Stalingrad, Russia to unknown parents. Nazi's set fire to the building that Natasha and her parents were living in and her mother threw Natasha out of the window into the arms of a Russian soldier named Ivan Petrovitch, who was serving in the army at the time. Ivan took care of Natasha while she was growing up and later became her chauffeur.

After a youth spent travelling through war-torn Europe with Ivan and his company of troops, Natasha was recruited by the Red Room. Her masters there arranged a marriage with the hero pilot Alexei Shostakov, and soon with the help of Red Room brainwashing, Natasha became convinced she was an ordinary Russian housewife. When Alexei was seemingly killed, Natasha found she had a deep-rooted desire to serve her country, and demanded the government let her serve in his place. She became the KGB's top agent.

The Story so Far: One of her early assignments was to infiltrate Stark Industries with her partner Boris Turgenov in the assassination of Anton Vanko. The Black Widow, however, had her plans foiled by Iron Man. Natasha decided to stay in America and act as an undercover spy in order to regain the favor of the K.G.B. She remained close to Stark in order to steal some of his tech. Natasha would be successful in stealing what she was after and used it to cause destruction. Eventually Iron Man would be able to destroy the anti-gravity device but was unable to apprehend Natasha.

Natasha would soon run into Hawkeye, who was a wanted man by mistake. She would sometimes use Hawkeye as he was attracted to her, and he would help her in some of her missions. Natasha was able to trick Hawkeye into stealing plans from Tony Stark. Hawkeye agreed to her plan and would eventually run into Iron Man. The two fought each other while Natasha watched from far away. However, one of Hawkeye’s arrows was reflected by Iron Man and it flew off and hit Natasha, knocking her unconscious. After she woke up, the K.G.B. gave her orders to stop attacking Stark Industries and gave her a new target, Williams Innovations. Natasha would again convince Hawkeye somehow into attacking the company. Natasha would also convince Hawkeye again into stealing from Stark again. While Hawkeye was on that mission, the K.G.B. came and kidnapped Natasha, bringing her back to Russia. They designed a new costume for Natasha and new equipment. Natasha then returned to join Hawkeye in a battle against Iron Man. However, Iron Man would defeat them.

However, her attraction towards Hawkeye made her question her loyalty to Russia. Hawkeye refused to work with Black Widow anymore, and joined the Avengers. The K.G.B. once again kidnapped Natasha, and brainwashed her into serving for them again. They ordered her to attack the Avengers, but she freed herself from their brainwashing, and reunited with Hawkeye. She became an ally of the Avengers, aiding them in many missions. However, she was not a full time member as she did not respect the Avenger’s oath of non-killing.

Natasha later decided to join SHIELD to be their double agent and operative against the K.G.B. During a mission for S.H.I.E.L.D., Natasha discovered that Alexei Shostakov was in fact still alive and had become the Red Guardian. She and the Avengers fought Red Guardian and he died in battle. Distraught, she declined the Avengers' offer to make her an official member, and abandoned her Black Widow alias for a while.

She worked as a solo vigilante for a while and began a relationship with Daredevil. After she and DD helped the Avengers defeat Magneto, they were offered membership on the team. She accepted and has been a member of the team on a regular basis ever since.

Characterization: Natasha is a mystery to most people, even herself. With the tampering of her memories over the years by the KGB and Red Room group, she often struggles with who she really is. Most of the time, she is a loyal teammate and friend and very passionate about everything she does.

Friends and Foes: She has many enemies in the former Soviet Union and has a great rivalry with her replacement for the KGB, the second Black Widow, Yelena Belova. Belova was believed dead on several occasions, but it’s verified that she is still alive and continuing her covert work.

She is very close to Clint Barton. At one point they were romantically involved, but that was many years ago and since, the two of them have been more like brother and sister, or as Hawkeye calls her, “his work wife”. She was recently involved with the Winter Soldier again, but they mutually called it off as not interfere with their work anymore. But they still harbor feelings for each other.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Black Widow: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL, a PC version of our last new item, gets LADIES' WEEKEND rolling along!

Damn you, Henry McCoy, for being so incredibly boring that I didn't listen to you talk about time travel. - Black Widow

BLACK WIDOW (NATASHA ROMANOV)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 9 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Skill Mastery], Expertise [Dance] 1 (+4), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 8 (+13), Technology (+3), Treatment (+3), Vehicles (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Beginner's Luck, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (9), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (9), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Deception), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Red Room Treatments: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Movement 1 (Wall Crawling [Speed rank -1]); 3 pts
Twin Light Machine Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Double; 19 pts
Widow's Line: Movement 1 (Swinging), Feature 1 (Can make Trip attacks at range); 3 pts
Widow's Bite: (18 pts)
Widow's Sting: Ranged Multiattack Electrical Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 17 pts
Widow's Stun: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 6 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +12 [Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +14 [Twin Machine Pistols +6, Multiattack; Widow’s Sting +6, Multiattack; Widow’s Stun Affliction +6, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The second Black Widow, Yelena Belova, some members of the former Soviet Union, especially those involved with the Red Room experiments
Motivation: Removing as much red from her ledger as she can.
Relationships: Bucky Barnes, Daredevil and her "work husband" Hawkeye. Other past relationships often come back to haunt her as well.
Reputation: She's a Russian super-spy who has betrayed others several times…for some reason, that causes others to mistrust her.

Abilities 78 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 30 + Powers 3 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Natasha was pretty easy to fit into the PC format. Just switching the Widow's Bite to equipment made a huge difference and cutting down to spy essentials made a version I would like to test.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scc

Re: J-Mart Prime: BLACK FRIDAY! Black Cat, Black Bolt, Black Manta, Black Lightning, Black Widow

Post by scc »

Nice Black Manta. I always loved him for some reason. His modern look is one of the best looks in comics. So awesome!
Thorpocalypse

Killer Frost: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND gets going with a new item for our Villains Line!

Oops. You want to turn me into my worst nightmare? Guess what? I'M ALREADY LIVING IT! - Killer Frost

KILLER FROST
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-4
Weight: 123
Eyes: Blue
Hair: White
Skin: Blue
Race: Human Mutate
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Science] 8 (+13), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Cold Blast, Ice Blast)

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Snowdown: Feature 1 (You can generate small amounts of ice and/or snow at will, up to about a handful per round, sufficient to give you ice to fill a glass or produce a snowball to throw); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Immunity to Cold: Immunity 7 (Environmental Cold, Cold Damage, Environmental Heat); 7 pts
Skin Like Ice: Protection 4; 4 pts
Ice Walking: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice]); 2 pts
Thermal Vision: Senses 1 (Infravision); 1 pt
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Cold Control: 28 pt Array; 35 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Cold and Bludgeoning or Slashing or Piercing]; 28 pts
Cold Projection: Environment 2 (120 ft radius; Cold [extreme cold]); 1 pt
Ice Sculpting: Create 13 (Ice; Extra: Permanent, Quirk: Will melt over time with exposure to enough heat); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 13 (Cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt
Ice Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Freeze Cone: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Cold Blast +13; Ice Binding Affliction +9; Ice Sculpting Create +13; Flash Freeze Weaken +13]
Special Attack [Freeze Cone Affliction +9, Cone Area; Ice Slick +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +6 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Only extreme heat can sustain her, and Firestorm's particular heat is perfect for her.
Weakness: Caitlin needs to absorb heat to not only fuel her powers, to sustain herself. Without it, she can become impaired, disabled and eventually die

Abilities 44 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 58 + Defenses 22 = 139 / 139

Build Comments: I always liked ice themed heroes and villains and Killer Frost is one of my faves. In the comics she was OK, but in JLU, she rocked. I think it was the punk/goth makeover that did it for me. Regardless, I felt the need to do my own version with some Power Profile updates to her cold powers.

I wanted a younger Killer Frost, more focused on power so I am doing a JLU/New 52 hybrid type of thing.

Secret Origins: As the one of the youngest and brightest scientists S.T.A.R. has ever recruited, Caitlin Snow began working with other scientists at S.T.A.R. labs outpost #72: The Thermodynamics Division. She was greeted and welcomed by the staff, but behind closed doors they wanted her gone. She took the place of another scientist, Dr. Louise Lincoln, and began studying her work on creating a self-sustaining thermodynamic engine which can create a perpetual motion of solar energy which would change the world’s idea of conducting energy.

On the verge of finishing the machine, her fellow scientists locked her in the chamber. They wanted the engine to explode with her in it, but things didn't go according to plan. The ultra conductor started feeding back into itself, and a bright light flashed before their eyes. Caitlin had rearranged the super-coolant wiring right before they turned the machine on, and it overloaded allowing the chamber to be flooded with cold air. The combination changed her completely.

The Story so Far: She emerged from the giant block of ice, grabbing the person nearest to her and draining him of his life. She felt so empty, that his warmth fed her, and thats when she knew she needed warmth to feel alive. One by one each of the scientists fell prey to her cold hands. From then on her life was never the same.

Three years later, her intellect allowed her to design a suit that could retain the heat she took from others yet she still needed to take the life of another. The one day she had her first fight with Firestorm, and she knew that his power was the only power that could make her normal again.

Characterization: Killer Frost has a heart as cold as her powers.

Friends and Foes: She remains a foe of Firestorm.
Thorpocalypse

Magenta: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND brings us another item for our Villains Line!

Don't just stand there with your mouth open, Flash. Aren't you going to say hi to Magenta? - Magenta

MAGENTA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 0; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Hair: Magenta
Race: Mutant
Base of Operations: Keystone City, KS, USA
Team Affiliations: The Rogues

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+4), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magnetic Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Move-by Action

POWERS:
Minor Ferrokinesis: Feature 1 (You can generate a strong enough magnetic field to move small (mass rank –5 or less) ferrous objects within about an arm’s reach); 1 pt
Minor Magnetism: Feature 1 (You can magnetize a small [handsized] ferrous object of mass rank –5 or less by holding it and taking a standard action to do so. The object remains magnetized until degaussed); 1 pt
Magnetic Sense: Senses 2 (Detect Magnetic Fields [Mental, Radius]); 2 pts
Magnetic Flight: 8 (500 mph/1 mpr; Extra: Subtle); 17 pts
Magnetic Shield: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 17 pts
Magnetic Control: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Magnetic Binding: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 12 (Magnetic; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Requires metallic objects); 24 pts
Magnetic Blast: Ranged Magnetic Force Damage 12; 1 pt
Ferrokinesis: Ranged Move Object 12 (Flaw: Limited to Ferrous Metals); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Magnetic Control +8 [Magnetic Blast +12; Magnetic Control Move Object +12; Magnetic Snare Affliction +12]
Special Attack [Special Attack +0, Burst Area; Special Attack +0, Burst Area; Special Attack +0, Cone Area]

DEFENSES: Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +7 [DC17]; Toughness +3 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: The onset of her powers and inability to deal with them properly has caused her severe mood and personality swings.
Relationships: Wally West.

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 64 + Defenses 14 = 133 / 133

Build Comments: Magenta was a Teen Titan member and villain back in the day. I love magnetic controllers so I figured I’d whip her up as an antagonist for my mid-level heroes.

Secret Origins: Frances Kane met Wally West when he was seven. They grew up friends, but when she reached adulthood, she started to exhibit strange magnetic powers. Wally tried teaching her how to use them properly, and they fell in love. As for her powers, she never really wanted them, wanting just to lead a normal life. While she turned down an offer to actually join the team, she acted as an ally for the Teen Titans as the super-heroine Magenta during instances when they really needed her assistance.

The Story so Far: She and Wally West were seeing each other for awhile, shortly after Wally had taken up the mantle of the Flash. She helped him battle Vandal Savage. After he won the lottery, he bought a mansion in Middle Hampton, Long Island, and asked her to live with him. However, things were moving too fast for her, and she moved out.

Her heroic efforts masked her growing mental illness. Though Frances was often called "bipolar" (as a darkly humorous pun on her magnetic powers), her illness more closely resembled multiple personality disorder; all the stress and resentment emerged into a vindictive and aggressive new identity, while her "regular" personality became unusually weak-willed and mousy. It is notable that this split personality problem has also cropped up in Doctor Polaris, though his mental illness apparently predated his super-villain career.

The "new" Magenta forced a confrontation with Wally West (now the third Flash) which quickly devolved into a brawl, and when police intervened, she used her powers to rip the fillings from their teeth. Flash was horrified by Frances' nearly homicidal tendencies.
Thorpocalypse

Lady Vic: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're keeping LADIES' WEEKEND rolling with a true Lady!

Talks like Jane Seymour, fights like Bruce Lee. - Nightwing

LADY VIC
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 4; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 120
Hair: Blonde
Base of Operations: Morton Manor, London, England
Team Affiliations: Blockbuster's Gang

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 8 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Taunt], Expertise [Assassin] 5 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+5), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 6 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+7), Variable

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (5), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Daggers, Katar, Katana), Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1), Taunt,

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
[(25 pts)
Twin Katar: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 4, Penetrating 2, Split; 7 pts
Bundi Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Thuggee Strangling Cord: Grabbing 0, Chokehold; 1 pt
Arsenal: (15 pts)
Twin Wembley Revolvers: Ranged Ballistic Damage 6, Split; 13 pts
Masai Javelin: Ranged Piercing Damage 2, Dangerous; 1 pt
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Twin Katars +6; Katana +5, Critical 19-20; Bundi Daggers +3, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +11 [Massai Javelin +2, Critical 19-20; Webley Revolver +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Elitist: Lady Vic can certainly come off as arrogant and snooty at times, if not downright condescending.
Motivation: Money and her rep.
Secret: Lady Vic's real reason for her constant work is to continue to pay the mortgage on her family estate to keep it from foreclosure, which would be a devastating blow to the family legacy.

Abilities 70 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 141 / 141

Build Comments: I like Lady Vic, and apparently I’m not the only once since she made into the New 52 to take on Batwing II and I'm sure it won't be long before we see her again in Rebirth now that Blockbuster is "back" in Bludhaven. She has been a long-time adversary of Nightwing, especially during the original Bludhaven years, but she was popular enough to survive its destruction in get into the Secret Society and also pester the Birds of Prey before the DCnU kicked off.

Secret Origins: Lady Elaine Marsh-Morton is a genuine English Aristocrat, descended from a long line of British soldiers and mercenaries. She is an expert martial artist, proficient with many different kinds of firearms and melee weapons, and works as an assassin-for-hire. The money she earns from her secret career helps prevent foreclosure on her impoverished family estate.

The Story so Far: In her first appearance, she was returning to Blüdhaven to collect a fee for an assignment she had performed for Blüdhaven gang boss Antonio "Angel" Marin; she was upset to find Marin missing. She tracked down his lawyer, and threatened to kill the man's young daughter if she wasn’t paid – a threat she definitely would have carried out, if Nightwing had not intervened. Dudley Soames informed her that Marin had been replaced by Blockbuster, and offered to pay her fee, with a retainer to continue working for him. Since then, she clashed repeatedly with Nightwing.

Elaine was one of several of Blockbuster’s hirelings tasked with tracking down Oracle. When Blockbuster was dying of heart failure, Elaine was the one entrusted with locating Gorilla City in Africa, and finding him a replacement heart.

Lady Vic was later sent to eliminate Blockbuster's ally Tarantula when he learned she had disobeyed his orders. Tarantula defeated Lady Vic, and shot her in the stomach.

A year after the Infinite Crisis, Lady Vic was hired by Doctor Psycho and Cheshire to destroy the Secret Six. She and Double Dare attacked Deadshot when he was in the park with his wife and child (who fled upon their arrival). Unarmed, Deadshot was easily defeated by Double Dare, and Lady Vic was about to execute him when his wife threw him a gun, which allowed him to get the upper hand. Deadshot considered killing the all of them, but allowed them to escape for his daughter's sake.

She has since continued her mercenary work, recently clashing with the new Batwing, Luke Fox.

Characterization: Lady Vic sets herself apart from most other supervillains not just by her considerable skill, but by her ruthlessness and determination. She has been shown to be more than willing to kill small children for her paycheck, and once actually jumped out of a plane without a parachute to chase an escaping Black Canary.

Lady Vic has a number of family heirlooms that she considers her most prized possessions, including her weapons of choice, her Bundi Daggers, a Katana, a Thuggee strangling chord, a Maasai spear and a Webley Service Revolver.

Friends and Foes: When not on a job Lady Vic likes to rest easy in the company of her hulking manservant, Bivens, enjoying her drink of choice, Darjeeling tea. Her greatest rival is Nightwing.
Thorpocalypse

Lady Deathstrike: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another Lady hits the shelves as we keep LADIES' WEEKEND rolling along!

I'm on a mission from God. He wants a word with all of you. - Lady Deathstrike

LADY DEATHSTRIKE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 129
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Base of Operations: Osaka, Japan
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+13), Deception 6 (+7), Insight (+3), Intimidation 8 (+9), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack (1) (Claws), Diehard, Favored Foe (Wolverine), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base; Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Cybernetic Enhancements: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 5 (1/every other round), Immunity 2 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Bludgeoning damage]),Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 17 pts
Datalink: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
Adamantium Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Breaking, Penetrating 8, Reach [5 ft]); 13 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Claw Strike +8, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: Lady Deathstrike was always a bit unstable, but the cyberization process made it worse to where she can become completely unhinged at the drop of a hat without proper medication.
Obsession: Revenge against Wolverine.
Vulnerable: She is vulnerable to magnetic attacks, taking an extra degree failure against them.

Abilities 74 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 34 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Lady Deathstrike, the long-time Wolverine foe, was not a fave of mine until X2 when Kelly Hu did a smashing, er, stabbing interpretation of her character that I really liked. They also did a nice revamp of her for Messiah CompleX and Wolverines so she’s grown on me. She’s basically a slightly better X-23 with some cyborg parts and a serious hatred for Wolverine. She can hang with him, but without help, Logan will take her the greater majority of the time.

Secret Origins: Yuriko Oyama is the daughter of Kenji Oyama, a former Japanese kamikaze pilot during World War II, whose face was horribly scarred in a failed suicide attack on an American battleship. Later becoming the head of Oyama Heavy Industries, Kenji had Yuriko and her two brothers privately tutored by Marcy Stryker, wife of an American soldier named William Stryker. Kenji felt much shamed by his failure decades earlier, and as a result he ultimately scarred the faces of his three children in a ritual design. Becoming the criminal scientist Lord Dark Wind, Kenji developed a means for bonding the virtually indestructible metal Adamantium to human bone, a procedure he hoped to use in creating an army of super-soldiers for Japan. However, his notes were stolen and it took him years to rediscover the process.
Growing to despise post-war Japanese civilization, Lord Dark Wind had the then-crippled assassin Bullseye brought to his island off the Japanese coast. There, Dark Wind replaced some of Bullseye's broken bones with Adamantium substitutes, hoping that in return Bullseye would assassinate Japan's minister of trade for him. Arriving in Japan intent on recapturing Bullseye, the blind costumed crime-fighter Daredevil encountered Yuriko, who sought vengeance on her father, both for scarring her and for the deaths of her brothers, who had perished in Lord Dark Wind's service. Moreover, the young man Yuriko loved, Kira, served in Dark Wind's private army, and she did not want her father to cause him harm. After Yuriko guided Daredevil to her father's private island, Bullseye escaped and Yuriko herself slew Lord Dark Wind just as he was about to kill Daredevil.

Following Daredevil's departure, Kira committed suicide in despair over Dark Wind's death. The shock of Kira's death radically altered Yuriko's outlook on life, and she resolved to carry on her father's work. Yuriko became convinced that the mutant adventurer Wolverine had gained his Adamantium-laced skeleton by means of the process stolen from her father years earlier. Garbed as a female samurai and calling herself Lady Deathstrike, Yuriko led a number of her father's warriors to Canada where they confronted Wolverine, seeking to retrieve his Adamantium skeleton for study. She was defeated by Wolverine's long-time friend Heather Hudson, who had adopted the costumed identity of Vindicator in her role as leader of the Canadian super-team Alpha Flight..

The Story so Far: Having failed to defeat Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike resolved to better fight him on his own terms and so struck a deal with Donald Pierce, the renegade White King of the elitist Hellfire Club, who had formed a band of cyborg mercenaries named the Reavers. Pierce had the extradimensional being named Spiral transform Deathstrike into a cyborg, healing her facial scars in the process. Now possessing superhuman strength and Adamantium claws to rival Wolverine's own, she led three other cyborgs in Pierce's employ - former Hellfire Club soldiers Cole, Macon, and Reese - in an attack on Wolverine, only to again meet defeat. Now interested only in vengeance, Deathstrike later joined Pierce and his Reavers in an ambush on Wolverine in a remote town in the Australian outback. Capturing him, they crucified him on an X-shaped cross and left him to die. Wolverine was rescued by the young mutant Jubilee, and after a brief clash with the Reavers, the pair escaped. Believing Wolverine had fled to the mutant research facility on Muir Island, the Reavers arrived and clashed with both a ragtag group of X-Men and the US government-sponsored Freedom Force team. After both sides suffered casualties, the tide of battle began to turn against them and the Reavers retreated.

She has come into conflict with Wolverine and the X-Men many times since. At times she has resigned her quest to kill Logan and has even worked with the X-Men cooperatively toward a common goal, such as the defeat of Stryfe. In an encounter with Logan shortly after Magneto removed the adamantium from his skeleton, Lady Deathstrike again encountered Puck and Vindicator. The fight with Wolverine destroys much of Vindicator's house and ends when Wolverine reveals his bone claws. As Logan no longer possessed the adamantium stolen from her father, she concluded there was no honor to be gained by killing him. She left the premises peacefully.

Lady Deathstrike later went to the aid of her former associate William Stryker, who had since become a minister and led an anti-mutant crusade that resulted in his imprisonment due to the murderous actions of his Purifier soldiers. Breaking him out of government custody, Deathstrike gave him access to the resources of Oyama Heavy Industries. In the course of aiding Stryker in his efforts, she fell under the control of Paul, a sentient computer entity who sought to protect the community of mutants living in Mount Haven. Under Paul's control, Deathstrike fought both Stryker and the X-Men, once more dueling with Wolverine and, ironically, meeting more success under Paul's control than she ever had on her own. In the course of one clash, Deathstrike was buried beneath collapsing rubble, but when the X-Man Bishop investigated he found only her severed cybernetic arm.

She later resurfaced with a second incarnation of the Reavers, who had allied with the Purifiers. When the New X-Men attacked, she mortally wounded Hellion. The New X-Men barely escaped alive. The Reavers then went for Cable, who had the messiah baby, Hope. While they attacked, X-Force, attacked as well. X-23 went against Deathstrike, ending with X-23 seemingly killing her.

Deathstrike was apparently repaired by Spiral in her Body Shop. While Spiral repaired Deathstrike's body, she also gave her a more submissive personality, as she continually did whatever she is told, while referring to Spiral as "Mistress". It is believed she has since overcome the reprogramming and continues as the mercenary leader of her Reavers.

Characterization: Lady Deathstrike has gone from a young woman with plans of vengeance to an often unhinged cyborg assassin. However, she still remains a mercenary and an assassin. Despite all this, Yuriko is set apart from many of the X-Men's foes in that she adheres to an honor code, despite being emotionally disturbed. It is not known if her cybernetics caused her mental instability, but she is often completely different in mindset from encounter to encounter.

Friends and Foes: Her greatest enemy is Wolverine, who she still blames for the loss of her father’s work.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Prime: Black Widow, Killer Frost, Magenta, Lady Vic, Lady Deathstrike

Post by Jabroniville »

Lady Vic was interesting to me because she showed up in The Titans- the intended successor to the '80s Teen Titans with the '60s and '80s teams coming together- she was the "Token Nightwing Opponent" in their rival group Tartarus, which made her come off like a bigger deal than it turns out she was. But then, Nightwing seemed to struggle with its characters being taken seriously outside of that book.

How many of these guys are new builds? I can't remember ever seeing Magenta from you.

Oh, and I'm always curious as to whether or not you re-build characters from scratch every time you re-post them, or if you just move their stats around?

Glad you're doing better, in any case :).
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart Prime: Black Widow, Killer Frost, Magenta, Lady Vic, Lady Deathstrike

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:27 am Lady Vic was interesting to me because she showed up in The Titans- the intended successor to the '80s Teen Titans with the '60s and '80s teams coming together- she was the "Token Nightwing Opponent" in their rival group Tartarus, which made her come off like a bigger deal than it turns out she was. But then, Nightwing seemed to struggle with its characters being taken seriously outside of that book.

How many of these guys are new builds? I can't remember ever seeing Magenta from you.

Oh, and I'm always curious as to whether or not you re-build characters from scratch every time you re-post them, or if you just move their stats around?

Glad you're doing better, in any case :).
Yeah, Nightwing's Rogues Gallery leaves a lot to be desired but I liked Lady Vic.

Magenta was one of my latter posts on my old thread if memory serves. Most are reposts with tweaking but some of them I've started over if I felt they sucked before. Every time I look at a build again, I see something I can improve. I do plan on hitting some new characters soon once I get more of the main Marvel and DC heroes/villains posted/reposted.

But I do have a new one coming tomorrow...
Thorpocalypse

Moonstone: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND continues with another Bad Girl as we keep adding to our Villains Line!

I have an appointment with a Thunderbolts Mountain dock worker for some meaningless sex in two hours, and I do not intend to miss it. I thought I might get him to dress up as Baron Zemo for me. - Moonstone

MOONSTONE
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 7; DPL: 11; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 135
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: Thunderbolts; Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Behavioral Sciences] 11 (+15), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate], Ranged Combat [Blast] 8 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 3 (+7), Treatment 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Fascinate (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Kree, 1 other, Base: English), Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Gravimetric Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 mph/2 mpr); 18 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9; 11 pts
Moonstone Powers: 24 pt Array; 29 pts
Gravity Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
Gravity Control: Move Object 12 (Gravity); 1 pt
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal); 1 pt
Dazzling Burst: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Debilitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Gravity Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +2
Light Control +10 [Gravity Blast +12; Gravity Control Move Object +12]
Special Attack [Gravity Burst +11, Burst Area; Blinding Burst Affliction +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Manipulation.
Power Loss: She loses her powers if she is separated from the Moonstone that is bonded to her and her stats drop to STR 1, STA 1, FGT 3.
Rivalry: Captain Marvel Carol Danvers.

Abilities 86 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 58 + Defenses 17 = 197 / 197

Build Comments: Gotta love Moonstone. One of the best manipulators in comics, she has been shown to really want to change but she can’t let herself, at least not all the way. In the Thorpocaverse, she’s not even trying to change, she is being her bad girl self and doing her thing. Which mainly includes being Captain Marvel's arch enemy and trying to manipulate every male hero she can along the way.

Secret Origins: Karla Sofen grew up the daughter of a maid to a privileged family. She was forced to be a "playmate" to Deanna Stockbridge, the family's daughter who was her age. Deanna saw Karla as a true friend, but Karla chaffed at being so close to wealth but being unable to call it her own. Still, she developed a talent for manipulating the naïve Deanna for her own amusement. Karla graduated college thanks to her mother working multiple jobs to support her education, and promised she would never be in the same situation herself.

After becoming a psychologist, Karla enjoyed manipulating her patients for her own ends. Since she couldn't afford for her jealous housewife patient to be "cured" of her paranoia just yet, Karla called the house pretending to be a lover of her patient's husband in order to keep her coming back for more sessions. Karla trained under the tutelage of the criminal Doctor Faustus. She even assisted Doctor Faustus in his grandiose attempt to take control of Manhattan Island. Faustus' plans never came to fruition however, due to the efforts of Captain America. As Cap rounded up Faustus' men, Sofen hid herself inside the baggage compartment of the doctor’s private 747, thus evading capture.

The Story so Far: She later used her psychiatric credentials to gain access to the prison cell of Lloyd Bloch – the original Moonstone. Using hypnosis, she convinced Bloch that he was in fact a hideous, loathsome monster. The psychological trauma was so severe that it caused his body to reject the moonstone within him. Energized by the emotional rush, Karla was able to absorb the essence of the moonstone through a sheer act of will. The intensity of the transfer was so great that it even granted Karla the ability to absorb Bloch's Moonstone armor into her own bodily tissue. With Bloch now powerless, Karla Sofen became the new Moonstone.

Over the years, she has been both a supervillain and an anti-hero. She was a member of the Masters of Evil, Thunderbolts and the Dark Avengers, and in the latter group she temporally replaced Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel.

Characterization: In addition to the powers she wields by virtue of her bond with the gravity stone, Karla Sofen has extensive knowledge of psychology and psychiatry, and has an M.D., specializing in psychiatry. She often uses this expertise to manipulate those around her for personal gain. However, she has often shown that she is not as skilled as she would like to believe, resulting in her being outmanipulated by more
Thorpocalypse

Punchline: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND keeps rolling with new item that should keep you in stitches!

All of this has just been setup. Everything he's done in Gotham, all these years. Every twisted, depraved move has been in service of a grander vision. But you won't get it until you hear the punchline. - Punchline

PUNCHLINE
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: The Joker's Gang

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Knives] 4 (+14), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Chemistry] 9 (+13), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat [Thrown Blades] 2 (+12), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Knives, Throwing Knives), Defensive Attack (2) (Knives, Throwing Knives), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Favored Foe (Harley Quinn), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Critical (1) (Knives), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Throwing Knives: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 6 pts
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Knives +14 [Knives +4, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Heavy Pistol +4]
Thrown Blades +12 [Throwing Knives +2, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Killing because she can because the world is a joke and she's the…
Relationships: She idolizes The Joker.
Rivalry: With Harley Quinn.

Abilities 66 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 0 + Defenses 18 = 138 / 138

Build Comments: Punchline is The Joker’s new number 2, filling the role that Harley Quinn vacated years ago when she blew up. Punchline is blowing up as well, with a great design and a personality that comes off as the anti-Harley. She even got a new villain stink victory in their first matchup, a sure sign that DC thinks they have something there.

This build is mostly guesswork based on the little I know about her. She figured out how to make a version of Joker venom on her own and she’s shown great knife skill so I focused on that. I went PL9 to start but she’ll probably level out a little lower as Joker War goes on so expect some updates after I read it.

Secret Origins: Alexis was a student of Snyder College. She was infatuated with The Joker and eventually came into contact with him through the internet. He taught her how to create Joker Venom, which she used to experiment on the homeless community. Following a Joker attack in Gotham City, Snyder College hosted a superhero spirit day, with Alexis dressing with Joker logos. The dean went to talk to her, but she exposed him to Joker Venom, completing her transformation into Punchline.

The Story so Far: Punchline was hired as a new underboss by The Joker in lieu of his coming war against Batman after Superman revealed his identity to the world as Clark Kent, and Joker decided that a final battle with Batman using his secret identity in play will be fun.

Punchline at first was assigned for a stake-out on Catwoman who had gone to dig a Joker-lookalike corpse, not knowing it was one of his gang member Artie, after The Designer sent a message to Selina. She informed the Joker about her and Harley Quinn having found Artie's body, but he stated it's okay as he had to meet a few people first.

During Lex Luthor's battle against The Batman Who Laughs, Punchline held Mercy Graves hostage while Joker dealt with Lex for using the help of the Dark Multiverse's Batman despite his warnings. Joker however let both go, stating it was a joke all along while Lex got what he needed.

She encounters Catwoman and Harley Quinn while working with Underbroker and fights the latter, defeating her.

Characterization: While Harley was a very humorous and upbeat character, Punchline seems a lot more reserved and analytical, which can be a very fascinating contrast to the Joker’s maniacal behavior.

Friends and Foes: She idolizes The Joker and dislikes Harley Quinn for trying to change him.
Thorpocalypse

Harley Quinn: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND stays in Gotham with another hilarious special for Aisle 1!

Nothing says l'Chaim like a girl dressed in a stripper clown outfit wielding a hundred-pound mallet. - Harley Quinn

HARLEY QUINN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 8; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Weight: 115
Hair: Blue/Red
Skin: White
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Team Affiliations: Suicide Squad; Gotham City Sirens

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 12 (+18) [Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Bat] 1 (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+14), Deception 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Psychology] 6 (+10), Insight (+2), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 4 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Guns] 8 (+13), Stealth 3 (+9), Vehicles 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Attack (3) (Baseball Bat. Mallet, Unarmed), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Up the Wall*

POWERS:
Poison Ivy's Gifts: Immunity 3 (Disease, Poison, Poison Ivy’s Touch), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Big Ass Mallet: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft); 4 pts
Baseball Bat: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts
Arsenal: (11 pts)
Two-handed Gun: Ranged Ballistic Damage 5; 10 pts
Boxing Glove Gun: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Dimished Range 2 [5/10/25]); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Big Ass Mallet +7]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +4]
Baseball Bat +14 [Baseball Bat +6]
Ranged Attack +4
Guns +13 [Heavy Pistol +5; Boxing Glove Gun Affliction +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Impulsive: If it feels good to Harley, then it must be good, even if everyone else thinks it’s bad.
Obsession: Harley threw away a very successful career as psychiatrist to follow the man of her dreams—unfortunately, that man was the Joker. Her love–hate relationship with the Joker motivates many of her actions.
Recognition: Harley wants people to respect and acknowledge her, even if she has to beat them into doing so.
Relationships: She is close to Catwoman and Poison Ivy, who are constantly trying to help her get rid of her feeling for The Joker and maybe a bit less of a frittata.

Abilities 82 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 5 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: As far as recent comic character breakouts go, outside of Deadpool, nobody had a bigger one than Harley Quinn. We all knew of how awesome our little loony was, but Suicide Squad, and Margot Robbie’s tour de force performance introduced her to world at large in a big way. I saw so many Harley costumes this year at Halloween and my youngest, who is not a comic guy at ALL, asked me for a Harley poster for his room. A comic one, not a Margot one so I don’t feel quite as concerned about why he wanted it… ;)

I originally had Harley at PL9 but she has gone major league in the comics so I upped her to “standard” PL10 status so she can hang with most of the main street level heroes and foes.

Secret Origins: Described as having a genius-level IQ, Harleen attended Gotham State University on a scholarship for gymnastics, where she majored in Psychiatry under Dr Odin Markus. To get into the graduate program, she had Dr Markus meet with her in her dorm room, where she outlined what she believed would be a good graduate thesis: 'There are only two circumstances under which a person disregards the rules of society. When they commit a crime, or when they're in love.' To prove this thesis, she aimed to allow Dr Markus to observe an independent experiment on the matter. The test subjects: herself and her boyfriend Guy Kopski. Guy, also a scientist, had developed a 'Think Drink' to calm and centre himself. One day, while meeting with Harley, he noticed that she wasn't laughing at any of his jokes. She explained that she had driven through a red light in a stolen car, right after blackmailing Dr Markus and possibly shooting him. She asked if he still loved her, but after noticing evidence of a recently fired handgun, Guy ran out with it. Harleen found him in the gymnasium (where the shooting had supposedly taken place) laughing nervously, and standing over a homeless man he had just shot, believing him to be Dr Markus. He begged her to help him shoot himself, asking her to do it because she loved him. The gun fired, but it remains a mystery as to whether she had helped to pull the trigger.

It later became clear that Dr Markus had spiked Guy's 'Think Drink' with diluted Joker Venom, in hopes of counteracting the stresses that Harley would put him through. Harley, however, believed that the situation had been caused by chaos, and as such, she grew to feel that she understood The Joker, and declared to Dr Markus that she would do anything to get an internship at Arkham Asylum.

The Story so Far: Upon graduating, and with a glowing reference from Dr Markus, Dr Harleen Quinzel began her first-year residency at Arkham. As soon as she was accepted by Dr. Arkham, she requested to meet the Joker. Based on the claim that she was doing research for a book on serial killers, she was given complete access to the Clown-Prince of Crime.

In their first session together, she introduced herself as Dr. Harleen Quinzel, but stressed that he could refer to her as Harley Quinn, like the medieval jester Harlequin. Joker had been silent until then, but he suddenly began laughing and asked if she was flirting with him. When she moved closer, he chose to strangle her. But, when he saw a loving look from Harley instead of shock or fright, he ceased, and stated that it was a joke. The pair shared an affair, with Quinn helping Joker escape from Arkham several times before she herself was finally caught. Her medical license was revoked and she was committed, despite her claims that all of the releases were meant to be therapeutic.

Harley broke out of Arkham multiple times in order to join up with her The Joker, whom she referred to as "Puddin'” or “Mistah J". Eventually, though, The Joker tired of her and shot her off in a rocket. Luckily the rocket malfunctioned and she landed in Poison Ivy’s garden. After initially planning to kill Harley, Ivy took pity on her and the two have been friends ever since.

Harley has had many adventures with Ivy and their sometimes cohort Catwoman and has at times tried to reform, but her impulsive nature and mental instability make those occurrences short-lived. She is currently at large in Gotham.

Characterization: Harley is…Harley. Sometimes she’s a goofy bumbler, other times she’s a frighteningly frenetic psycho. Either way, she’s usually extremely entertaining.

Friends and Foes: She doesn’t harbor any real ill-will towards Batman and the Bat family most of the time, she just doesn’t like them sending her to Arkham all the time. She is good friends with Poison Ivy and Catwoman, although she and Selina have hard several falling outs due to Harley and Ivy’s more villainous nature at times.
Thorpocalypse

Poison Ivy: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're keeping with the new items from our Gotham location as LADIES' WEEKEND continues!

Oh, Batman. Or rather, Bruce Wayne. What do I want? Don't you understand? Every person holding a gun. Every army, waiting for orders. Every man with a missile, every woman with a bomb. Every superhero. Every super-villain. Every master of magic, explorer of the infinite, the smartest alive. Every human attempting to be a god. Everyone. They all love me. I feel them, understand each of them, as I understand the Green. I control them, all of them, as I control the Green. Want? No. No, no, no. You see...I don't want anything, Batman. I already have everything. - Poison Ivy

POISON IVY
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 8; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 135
Hair: Red
Skin: Light Green
Team Affiliations: Injustice League; Gotham City Sirens;

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Expertise [Botany] 12 (+15), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Plant Control] 7 (+10), Stealth 3 (+7), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Trance

POWERS:
Green Thumb: Feature 1 (You have a potent “green thumb,” allowing you to grow small (size rank –4 or less) plants from seeds to full maturity in a matter of seconds, a limited version of the Plant Growth power); 1 pt
Horticulture: Feature 1 (You can identify different plant species and their properties simply by looking at or touching them); 1 pt
Living Springtime: Feature 1 (You can make flowering plants flower instantly out of season, or make fruiting plants produce mature fruit instantly out of season); 1 pt
Plant Healer: Feature 1 (Your touch can cure a plant of infections, minor damage, and other maladies, restoring it to full health, like a limited version of the Healing effect); 1 pt
Photosynthesis: Immunity 1 (Starvation); 1 pt
Toxin Immunity: Immunity 1 (Poisons); 1 pt
Speak With Plants: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Plants); 4 pts
Carrier Vines: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr, Flaw: Platform); 2 pts
Plant Control: 33 pt Array; 35 pts
Tanglevines: Ranged Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Indirect 3 [From Ivy, Above, Below], Limited Degree, Requires ambient plant life); 33 pts
Plant Growth: Environment 5 (500 foot radius; Impede Movement 2 [-2 ranks of movement], Visibility 2 [-5 to Perception checks], Flaw: Requires ambient plant life); 1 pt
Wall of Plants: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 6 (Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

Poison Touch: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Phytotoxin: Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Paralyzed, Extra: Secondary Effect); 24 pts
Deadly Touch: Progressive Weaken Stamina 12 (Resisted by Fortitude, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt
No One Can Resist Me: Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +8 [Phytotoxin Affliction +12; Deadly Touch Weaken +12; No One Can Resist Me Affliction +12]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Plant Control +10
Special Attack [Tanglevine Affliction +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+14 with Wall of Plants) [DC18/24] Parry +8 (+14 with Wall of Plants) [DC18/24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Floronic Man.
Environmentalist: Poison Ivy’s mission is to protect plant life and purify Gotham.
Relationships: She has become close to Harley Quinn and Catwoman.
Vanity: Poison Ivy is obsessed with having power over others, particularly Batman, who is one of the few to have been able to reject her.

Abilities 66 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 73 + Defenses 10 = 185 / 185

Build Comments: Always loved me some Pamela Isley. She may be going by Queen Ivy currently, but she's always going to be Poison Ivy to me.

Secret Origins: Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley grew up in Seattle; daughter to wealthy yet distant parents. In college, she specialized in botany and toxicology and was a very promising, but naive, student. Her professor, Dr. Jason Woodrue, later known as the Floronic Man, seduced her, hoping to persuade her into becoming a human test subject for his experiments. These experiments, according to Isley, were torturous. Twice, she nearly died, and ended up in the hospital for six months. Woodrue fled the authorities, while Isley was left with a changed physiology. Toxins in her bloodstream made her touch deadly and immune to all poisons, viruses, bacteria, and fungi. She also gained the ability to produce pheromones that she could use to seduce men into doing her bidding. Unfortunately, the results of these experiments also also left her barren, and she has treated her plants as her children ever since.

Enraged at her betrayal by a man, Isley suffered violent mood swings. She later caused a boyfriend to have a car accident by bringing about a massive fungal-overgrowth in his lungs. Isley then left Seattle, eventually settling down in Gotham City.

Her first act, there, was threatening to release her suffocating spores into the air unless the city met her demands. Thus, she became infamous as Poison Ivy. Batman, who had appeared in Gotham that same year, captured her, resulting in her incarceration in Arkham Asylum.

The Story so Far: A few years after her arrival, she would try to leave Gotham forever, escaping Arkham to settle on a desert island in the Caribbean. She molded the barren wasteland into a tropical paradise and stated that for the first time in her life, she was happy. It was soon firebombed when an American-owned corporation tested their weapons systems out on what they thought was an abandoned island. Ivy then returned to Gotham, punishing those responsible. After being willingly apprehended by Batman, she resolved that she could never leave Gotham, at least not until the world was safe for plants. From then on, she dedicated herself to the mission of purifying Gotham.

Poison Ivy was a member of the original Injustice Gang of the World, which fought the Justice League on several occasions. She also joined the Secret Society of Super-Villains for a mission against the Justice League. Years later, she was coerced into being a member of the Suicide Squad. During this time she used her abilities to enslave Count Vertigo.

She also has been friends with The Joker's sidekick Harley Quinn. Unlike most villain team-ups, their partnership seems genuinely rooted in friendship, and Ivy really wants to save Harley from her abusive relationship with The Joker.

Isley had many confrontations with the Bat family over the years. Recently, after rescuing Catwoman from Boneblaster, a new villain trying to make a name for himself, Poison Ivy took her back to Edward Nigma's townhouse. While there, Catwoman saw that Ivy had been keeping the Riddler under mind control so that she and Harley Quinn could use his townhouse as a hideout. Catwoman decided that with Gotham City more dangerous than ever, thanks to all the gang wars and a new Batman, a partnership with the other two women would be advantageous. However, Ivy feared that Catwoman had lost her edge and prowess, and consulted with Zatanna regarding the nature of Catwoman's injuries. Zatanna responded that Catwoman had psychological wounds that would need healing, more so than physical ones. Ivy resolved that she and Harley would provide Catwoman with "positive female reinforcement", and the three agreed to become a team.

After many adventures together, Harley Quinn betrayed her companions and broke into Arkham Asylum with the goal of killing the Joker. However, she ultimately chose to release Joker from his cell instead, and together the two orchestrated a violent takeover of the facility. Poison Ivy arrived and tried to convince Harley that the Joker was evil, but Harley Quinn refused to believe her. After they were defeated by Catwoman and Batman, Catwoman told Ivy that they would no longer be a team, angry at Ivy's earlier attempt to drug Catwoman in order to discover Batman's identity. Poison Ivy was then incarcerated in Arkham Asylum.

Ivy soon escaped and made amends with Harley Quinn. Together, the two set off to find Catwoman and make her pay for her betrayal. The two of them found Catwoman and fought her on the streets, where Catwoman confessed that she saw the good in the both of them, and only wanted to help them. When she told them that she had only kept tabs on them because Batman wanted to keep them under control, Ivy took her anger out on the city by using giant vines to destroy buildings, cursing at Batman for manipulating her. Batman was about to arrest them, but Catwoman helped the two of them escape.

Characterization: Poison Ivy is depicted as one of the world's most prominent eco-terrorists. She is obsessed with plants, botany, and environmentalism. She uses toxins from plants and mind controlling pheromones for her criminal activities, which are usually aimed at protecting the natural environment.

Friends and Foes: Fellow villain Harley Quinn is her recurring partner-in-crime, and she also has a good relationship with Catwoman. They are possibly her only human friends.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Catwoman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You can't post the previous items with this one to complete the set of Gotham's Leading Ladies as we continue LADIES' WEEKEND!

I have to admit … I've missed this. The adrenaline rush. The action. The knowledge that money stolen is always better than money earned. - Catwoman

CATWOMAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 8; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Weight: 128
Team Affiliations: Injustice League; Justice League; Birds of Prey; Gotham City Sirens

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 11 (+18) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 8 (+12/+14) [Attractive], Expertise [Burglary] 11 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 8 (+10) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 8 (+12/+14) [Attractive, Connected], Sleight of Hand 9 (+15) [Skill Mastery], Stealth 9 (+16) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 7 (+9/+15), Vehicles 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Clean* (1), Close Attack (1), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (5), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Claw, Whip), Redirect, Skill Mastery (2) (Sleight of Hand, Stealth), Takedown (1), Up the Wall*, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Affinity for Cats: Feature 1 (Cats accept Selina as one of their own); 1 pt
Cat Burglar: Enhanced Skills 3 (Technology 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to disabling/bypassing security); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Quick Draw, Feature 1 (+2 Athletic checks to climb); 5 pts
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft); 6 pts
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Alarm (DC20); 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +2; Claws +4, Critical 19-20; Whip +4]
Ranged Attack +6

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Selina is often torn between her thrill seeking, rule breaking urges and her desire to make a difference.
Enemy: She's made several on both sides of the law, but primarily Black Mask and Carmine Falcone.
Obsession: Selina has a difficult time resisting a thrilling challenge, especially if it involves cats or pretty, shiny baubles.
Relationships: She has strong feelings for Batman (but it's complicated), Holly Robinson, Catgirl.

Abilities 84 + Skills 54 (108 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 3 + Defenses 14 = 186 / 186

Build Comments: Selina is always fun to take a run at and I didn’t make a lot of changes this time, I just upped her offense a bit.

Secret Origins: Selina Kyle's early life was defined by tragedy. When she was just a girl, her brutalized mother Maria committed suicide and her violent father Brian drank himself to death soon after. While her younger sister Magdalene was taken to an orphanage right away, Selina opted to take her chances on the streets of Gotham City instead. She became a petty thief who would steal food at grocery stores. Eventually Selina was caught and sent to an orphanage. She caused so much trouble that she would be remanded to the Sprang Hall Juvenile Detention Center, an abusive state home for orphaned or delinquent girls.

She soon discovered that the Center was embezzling money. They would confront her and attempt to cover it all up by drowning Selina in a bag dropped into the river. Selina escaped and returned to the orphanage. She stole documentary proof that they were embezzling money, stole money to live on her own and sent the documents to the police to expose them.

As Selina grew older, she became a “false” prostitute that lured men in but simply stole their money. She was also a cat burglar by night, stealing jewelries and diamonds from museums and rich people's homes. One night, she stole a valuable totem from a museum when suddenly a hooded ninja interrupted her escape and took the valued item for himself. Selina followed the ninja into a warehouse, which turned out to be a secret martial arts academy. The ninja, known only as Kai, told his Sensei that she is an intruder and a thief and must be severely punished. However, after seeing her fast reflexes, the Sensei politely asked her to join the academy so that she can harness the martial arts skills, in which she accepted.

Several weeks had gone by and Selina's fighting abilities improved dramatically but her relationship with her senior trainer Kai was far from good. He despised Selina and would deliberately hurt her during training. It gave Kai even more grief knowing that the Sensei favored Selina more than the other pupils. A few nights later, a news story broke on television stating that Batman was last seen at Robinsons Park. Curious, Selina walked to the park and caught a glimpse of the Dark Knight in action who glided out of sight moments later. She noticed that Batman was bleeding when she saw a trail of blood and it immediately triggered something in her mind: if someone can don a costume and have everyone either be happy or terrified to see him, she can do the same too. The Batman became her omen and Selina decided to become a costumed character as well. She bought a cat costume using all of her savings and resumed her stealing profession using her brand new costume and ability. As she was attempting a robbery at a local store, she was stopped by a group of security guards and one of them called her "Catwoman." Selina loved the name and thus, the Catwoman persona was born.

The Story so Far: After several incidents, she tried to go straight and moved to New York, but her reputation eventually caught up to her and she returned to Gotham City, which at this time is in the midst of No Man's Land. As Catwoman, she assisted Batman against Lex Luthor in the reconstruction of the city. After being arrested by Commissioner Gordon, she escaped from prison.

Later that year, Catwoman was initially the chief suspect in the murder of a police officer. Although later cleared, she displays increasingly erratic behavior. Soon afterward, she disappeared and was believed to have been killed by the assassin Deathstroke the Terminator.
Private detective Slam Bradley attempted to find out what really happened to Selina Kyle and he found her alive. Selina partially reformed and became protector of the residents of Gotham's East End, while still carrying out an ambitious career as a cat burglar.

When Batman was in the process of dealing with the machinations of Hush during their initial encounter, he and Catwoman briefly worked together and had a romantic relationship, during which he revealed his true identity to her. At the end, he breoke off their relationship when he suspects it has been manipulated by the Riddler and Hush.

After several other adventures, Catwoman later teamed up with Batman to stop Harley Quinn from breaking the Joker out of Arkham Asylum. After defeating Harley and the Joker, Catwoman told Poison Ivy that they were no longer friends, this after Ivy drugged her in an attempt to uncover Batman's identity.

Shortly after this, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn escaped and set off to pursue revenge on Catwoman for leaving them behind. The two of them found Catwoman and fought her. While they were fighting, Catwoman says that she saw good in them and only wanted to help them. Batman arrived and was about to arrest them, but Catwoman helped the two of them escape.

Characterization: Catwoman's status as hero or villain is ambiguous; she has her own moral code and has occasionally teamed up with Batman and other heroes against greater threats, even saving the lives of the entire Justice League on one occasion. She represents a gray area in Batman's otherwise black and white life where the line between good and evil blurs, and his attraction to her stems from this perception that, in her way, she's kind of a female version of himself: another dark creature that prowls the night.

Friends and Foes: She has had long off and on relationship with Bruce Wayne and they are currently “very on” as Batgirl puts it. She has often walked the line between hero and villain and doesn’t really have the trust of either side, which is fine with her.

She does still seem to have a bond with Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn despite their rough patches, although since is more on the heroic side, they haven’t been in recent contact.
Thorpocalypse

Catwoman: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

PC version of the last new item hits the shelves on LADIES' WEEKEND!

When people try to kill me I don't hop in bed with them a tick later. I JUST KICK THEIR ASS! I'M FUNNY LIKE THAT! - Catwoman

CATWOMAN
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Streetwise] 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 7 (+12), Stealth 8 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 6 (+7/+13), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Affinity for Cats: Feature 1 (Cats accept Selina as one of their own); 1 pt
Cat Burglar: Enhanced Skills 3 (Technology 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to disabling/bypassing security); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Claws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Quick Draw, Feature 1 (+2 Athletic checks to climb); 5 pts
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming, Grabbing, Reach (5 ft); 6 pts
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Alarm (DC20); 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +2; Claws +4, Critical 19-20; Whip +4]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Selina is often torn between her thrill seeking, rule breaking urges and her desire to make a difference.
Enemy: She's made several on both sides of the law, but primarily Black Mask and Carmine Falcone.
Obsession: Selina has a difficult time resisting a thrilling challenge, especially if it involves cats or pretty, shiny baubles.
Relationships: She has strong feelings for Batman (but it's complicated), Holly Robinson and Catgirl.

Abilities 74 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 3 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Selina as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.