Ken's Kache of Khracters (too many Hydronauts and Devilfishes)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Manifest Density

Post by Ken » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 pm

Manifest Density - PL 11

Strength 12, Stamina 17, Agility -2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3, Favored Environment: Anywhere with really strong, solid floors, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Lionheart, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork, Tough Guy 2, Ultimate Effort: Toughness Checks

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9), Deception 2 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Throw 8 (+8), Stealth 4 (+0), Technology 1 (+1)

Powers
Insanely Heavy: Density Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +6 mass ranks, -1 speed ranks; Density; Permanent)
Very Large: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Permanent)
Big Heavy Mitts: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 28)
Earthmover: Burrowing 4 (Speed: 1 mile/hour, 15 feet/round)
Enhanced Trait -6 (Traits: Athletics -12 (+0))
Really Hard to Hurt: Impervious Toughness 17
Slam Maneuver
. . Groundstrike: Affliction 11 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Instant Recovery, Limited: Both MD and his targets must be in contact with the ground, Limited Degree)
. . Shockwave: Line Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 21; Limited: Both MD and Targets must be on ground)
Tough Inside Too
. . Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds)

Equipment
TBD 15

Offense
Initiative +2
Big Heavy Mitts: Strength-based Damage 1, +9 (DC 28)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 22)
Groundstrike: Affliction 11, +6 (DC Fort 21)
Shockwave: Line Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Throw, +8 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 27)

Complications
Police Record: Manifest Density is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.
Relationship: Nick is in love with his wife Natalie.
Vulnerability: Manifest Density's skin is made of metal. If he is attacked in or by a magnetic field or electricity, attacks get +5 to the effect.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 17, Toughness 17, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 55 + Advantages 17 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 139

===== Additional Details =====
PP earned so far: 9

Background Stuff
I don't really know. I know Neil created Nick and Natalie around the same time I created the Thunder Twins. I know Manifest Density has earned himself a reputation as the world's toughest two-bit thug. And I know he's a fun villain to use from time to time.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

jcjec

Re: In-Forcer

Post by jcjec » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:55 pm

Ken wrote:Someday, I hope Neil runs the one-shot where In-Forcer meets her two brothers: Jim's Advocate of the People (in Vancouver) and my Mister Might (in Minneapolis).
You've mentioned them; now you need to show them. 8-)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?

Ken

Re: In-Forcer

Post by Ken » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 pm

jcjec wrote:
Ken wrote:Someday, I hope Neil runs the one-shot where In-Forcer meets her two brothers: Jim's Advocate of the People (in Vancouver) and my Mister Might (in Minneapolis).
And I plan on it, but not until after tonight's game.

Goldar

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Goldar » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 am

Wow, Prophesy is one powerful character!

Telekinesis, telepathy and super strength. Like Captain Comet on steroids!

Character has interesting hair/costume too.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:39 am

Goldar wrote:Wow, Prophecy is one powerful character!

Telekinesis, telepathy and super strength. Like Captain Comet on steroids!

Character has interesting hair/costume too.
Yeah. Pretty much Jenn designed Prophecy so that she would be to psionics what Turbo is for speed. Her heightened strength is actually a psionic effect, courtesy of the one of the seetings in her Variable. I just had left it on when I got the Hero Lab output. I've actually re-edited that post a little, to reflect that it's telekinetic strength.

As far as being comparable to Captain Comet... yeah, you have a point. I tend to compare her more to the Martian Manhunter, since he's likewise a telepathic, telekinetic with super-human strength AND an extra-terrestrial. But, Adam Blake is a good comparison as well.

Hair and costume... that's all Jenn. The drawing, curiously, is mine (swiping a pic of Karnilla from OHOTMU) since Jenn's original is long gone. But the design, all of the alien traits: the hair, the skin, the eyes came from Jenn, as did the outfit and the colours. I believe I had mentioned she was quite an artist. The one design overlap I noted between Charcoal and Prophecy is the diamond shaped keyhole opening (BTW, "keyhole opening" is how clothing designers say "cleavage hole"). I think as Jenn was getting more comfortable in her own body (she was a late bloomer) and with her own preferences, she became more comfortable with dsigning sexy female characters.

Ken

The Advocate of the People

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:30 pm

jcjec wrote:
ImageImage

The Advocate (of the People) - PL 11

Strength 13, Stamina 13, Agility 6, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Connected, Diehard, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Favored Foe: Jurors, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 1, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+9), Expertise: Law 4 (+7), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Force Beams: Blast 12 9 (+10), Technology 1 (+4)

Powers
Enhanced Senses: Senses 6 (Darkvision, Extended: Vision 2: x100, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultra-hearing)
Force Enhanced Strength
. . Fighting Strength: Enhanced Strength 6 (+6 STR)
. . Lifting Strength: Enhanced Strength 12 (+12 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Force Projection
. . Force Beams: Blast 12 ([0 active, 0/24 PP, 2/r], DC 27)
. . Force Block: Shapeable Area Deflect 9 ([0 active, 0/24 PP, 2/r]; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 19)
. . Force Flight: Flight 12 ([0 active, 0/24 PP, 2/r], Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)

Equipment
Commlink, tbd 4

Offense
Initiative +10
Force Beams: Blast 12, +10 (DC 27)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 23)
Throw, +1 (DC 28)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 28)

Complications
Family Issues: Thomas wants to honour his foster parents, not his criminal birth parents.
Relationships: Thomas is unaware that he has a half-brother, Mister Might, in the hero business. He is similarly unaware that In-Forcer is his full-blooded sister.
Responsibility: Cooper wants to see justice done for the innocent, and the guilty, hence being a very picky defense attourney.

Languages
English, French

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 13, Toughness 13, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 48 + Advantages 17 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 173

Known Background Tom was born the son of two super-villains, Miss Muscles and the Deflector. As a newborn, he was taken from them and put into the foster care system. He was fortunate enough to be adopted by a kind and loving couple, Fred and Justine Cooper. They raised him with a strong moral center and work ethic and, when the powers Tom had inherited from his parents started to manifest themselves, they taught him that he must use them responsibly and for the good of mankind. They never kept his origins a secret from him, allowing him to understand where his powers came from and the costs of making the wrong decisions. Eventually, Tom graduated from college with a law degree and began defending those that were truly falsely accused of crimes. He also saw that not using his powers as a hero was paramount to standing idly by and allowing criminals to flourish. As such, he adopted the identity of The Advocate of the People, defender of the innocent and enforcer against lawlessness.

Real World Stuff
Jim created Thomas Michael Cooper AKA the Advocate, for a game... Lord, it was a play by post game, and it was set in Vancouver, British Columbia. And for the life of me, I can't recall who was running it, or using what message board or service. Jason and I had characters for it as well. And it didn't last long. In fact, it barely got off the ground.

Sometime later, I decided to start populating the RCU's Canada's officially sanctioned team, the Parahuman Society of Canada. Including these almost never used characters seemed like a natural. And incorporating Tom's origin as the son of a pair of villains was easy to intigrate. And since Neil had never given In-Forcer a proper origin, making her and the Advocate secret siblings (with their similar descriptors and all) seemed a natural.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Mister Might

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Ken wrote:
jcjec wrote:
And I plan on it, but not until after tonight's game.

Mister Might - PL 10

Strength 15, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 1, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Equipment 2, Favored Environment: Fighting One-on-One, Improved Critical 2: More Accurate Punch: Damage 11, Improved Initiative, Improvisation 2, Interpose, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Talented Amateur 2, Taunt, Well-informed, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+4), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Copy Editing 2 (+5), Expertise: Streetwise 1 (+4), Expertise: Super Heroes 1 (+4), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 1 (+4), Persuasion 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+5), Stealth 1 (+4), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+4)

Powers
Extra-Strong: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Fin: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 32; Inaccurate: -2)
Invulnerability
. . Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious 15)
. . Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
Movement Abilities
. . Jet Belt: Flight 9 (Removable, Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
. . Natural Effects
. . . . Leaping 7 (Leap 900 feet at 250 miles/hour)
. . . . Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Strength Effects
. . Accurate Punch: Damage 13 (Alternate; DC 28; Accurate: +2)
. . Mighty Breath: Line Area Move Object 8 (Alternate; 6 tons, DC 23; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 18, Damaging; Activation: move action, Limited: Only directly towards or directly away along line path, Reduced Range: close)
. . More Accurate Punch: Damage 11 (Alternate; DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Accurate 2: +4)
. . The Clap: Burst Area Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20; Unreliable (roll))

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone), CoJ Honorary Communicator COJ-142 2, Commlink, Flash Goggles, Headfin [Fin: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 32; Inaccurate: -2]

Offense
Initiative +7
Accurate Punch: Damage 13, +7 (DC 28)
Fin: Strength-based Damage 2, +3 (DC 32)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 25)
Mighty Breath: Line Area Move Object 8 (DC 23)
More Accurate Punch: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
The Clap: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +5 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 30)

Complications
Recognition: With great power comes great responsibility. Great responsibility brings great renown. George feels it his destiny to be "a cape"
Relationship: George is very embarrassed that his birth-mother was a super villain.
Relationships: George is unaware that he has a half brother in Vancouver who is a lawyer... and a cape. He is similarly unaware that In-Forcer is his half-sister.
Relationships: George has recently began a relationship with the divorcee daughter, Nomai Mien, of the couple that runs the laundry down the street from George's new apartment in Ventura Village.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 12, Toughness 15, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 47 + Advantages 19 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 176

Known Background George Dixon grew up in foster homes. He was born while his mother, the silver-age super-villainess Miss Muscles, was in prison. When his inherited powers started manifesting at puberty, he had the sense to keep them a secret. He was embarassed enough already. He also decided that when he got old enough he was going to not follow in his mother's footsteps; with his strength and resiliance he was going to become a super hero. Thus began the genesis of Mr. Might. At some point, he managed to purchase a rocket belt from Creative Research Engineering Science and Technology (CREST). And he made himself a costume. What he doesn't have is experience. He isn't a particularly skilled fighter. Still, in an era when a lot of older teams were closing up shop, George heard about Tom Wayne starting Crusader Force in the Twin Cities, so he moved to Minnesota. George has decided to not live in the Crusader Fortress. He wants to maintain a dual identity. He's found a small apartment in Ventura Village in Minneapolis. He's furnished it from a rent-to-own place. He has started a relationship with the daughter of the older couple who run the laundromat near him. Noami is recently divorced and is very slowly getting used to dating again. George worries about running into her ex-husband, William David, a Minneapolis police officer. All in all though, George is happy with where he is in his life, and is looking forward to making a name for himself as Mister Might.

Powers/Tactics Mister Might is incredibly strong and night invulnerable. As such his main tactics are to slug it out with his opponents, or else to grab them and squeeze.

Appearance Mister Might stands about 6'1", and is a very muscular 240 lbs. George has dark hair and brown eyes.

Real World Stuff
I built George Dixon as a "I want to play a high damage, low accuracy" character. Basically the idea of someone with a lot of power, but very little experience using that power. I actually submitted him to the Las Vegas Consultants before I built Neon, but was declined because they already had a "brick" lined up. So I brought him to Andy's Crusader Force game, because Andy was encouraging us to have more than one character in that game. Making him the son of Miss Muscles (by a different father than the Advocate) was a late addition to the character (I did the origin last.) Basically, it was done to help tie campaigns together in off-beat ways.
Last edited by Ken on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcjec

Re: The Advocate of the People

Post by jcjec » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Ken wrote:Real World Stuff
Jim created Thomas Michael Cooper AKA the Advocate, for a game... Lord, it was a play by post game, and it was set in Vancouver, British Columbia. And for the life of me, I can't recall who was running it, or using what message board or service. Jason and I had characters for it as well. And it didn't last long. In fact, it barely got off the ground.

Sometime later, I decided to start populating the RCU's Canada's officially sanctioned team, the Parahuman Society of Canada. Including these almost never used characters seemed like a natural. And incorporating Tom's origin as the son of a pair of villains was easy to integrate. And since Neil had never given In-Forcer a proper origin, making her and the Advocate secret siblings (with their similar descriptors and all) seemed a natural.
More Real World Stuff
I don't remember who was running it either, but it was play-by-post on the board community that I started Lucky Sevens on.

So, when presented with the Canadian game, I looked at the types of characters I had played in the past, wanting to try something different. Ken and I had been discussing Superman and how, for the most part, we didn't feel as though people got the character, both within the characters that were supposed to be Supermanesque in our games and in DC proper. We were both on the same page as to who Clark was, what made him the man / hero that he was, and what was important to focus on when portraying him. While most focused on the sheer power of the character, we both agreed that his greatest strengths were his intelligence, dedication and humanity. Its the reason that Lex Luthor is his greatest nemesis; because if Superman was sheer power, he could just flick Lex and pop his head into the next state. But because people seem to only focus in on the power of Supes, they think he needs foes like Zod and Doomsday to be a real threat. So, as we talked, Ken said something to the effect of, "you should create a Superman knockoff to play. You get who he is."

So I built The Advocate, a man born with great power, but was taught great responsibility by the parents who took him in. While his nature is born from criminals, his nurture has taught him right from wrong, and to do what's right, no matter the personal cost. With the idea of wanting him to defend even in his civilian identity, I built my second lawyer (I try not to duplicate professions), which helped me decide on the code name, primarily because I didn't want to do a cheesy name knockoff, and because one of the Supermanesque characters that had been used in one of my campaigns was The Messenger, but the player hadn't ever come up with a good answer to "what's the message." Thomas is The Advocate. The Advocate of what? The people.

An additional side note: While I don't remember who I named his first two names after, I remember that Cooper was as a dedication to Sheldon because I really enjoy Big Bang Theory. :)
Jim C.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:48 pm

The important question here is "So where is Miss Muscles?" if you're referencing her twice. WHERE IS A BUILD (with a picture) OF MISS MUSCLES, KEN?!?!

I dig The Advocate, though. A Supermanalogue who takes enough of the origin & style to be obvious, but has a slightly different origin. What would happen if he ever met his parents?

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Jabroniville wrote:The important question here is "So where is Miss Muscles?" if you're referencing her twice. WHERE IS A BUILD (with a picture) OF MISS MUSCLES, KEN?!?!

I dig The Advocate, though. A Supermanalogue who takes enough of the origin & style to be obvious, but has a slightly different origin. What would happen if he ever met his parents?
Gee. Why would Jab want to see a picture of such a minor character? I can't imagine why.

I dig the Advocate as well. Sadly, there are more characters in the RCU that I'd like to see played then there are places to play them.

jcjec

Post by jcjec » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Jabroniville wrote:I dig The Advocate, though. A Supermanalogue who takes enough of the origin & style to be obvious, but has a slightly different origin. What would happen if he ever met his parents?
I really like him as well, but as Ken said, not enough places to play him. If I ever decide to retire one of my current four CoJers, I may ask to transfer him over, but having two regulars and two backups is plenty at the moment.

As for his parents, his da is deceased (killed by his mom, I believe is the unofficial situation), but he'd make sure she came to justice for her crimes, just as she deserves. Same for his sis, whether he knew she was related or not. Sometimes making the right call is hard, after all.
Jim C.

Ken

Megaman

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:54 am

Megaman - PL 11

Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 7, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Wealth 2 (indepently wealthy), Benefit: COJ, Close Attack, Close Attack, Close Attack, Close Attack, Close Attack, Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment: Wide Open Spaces, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Inventor, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Close Combat, Startle, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Parahuman Biology, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 1 (+13), Deception 1 (+3), Expertise: Medicine 7 (+14), Expertise: Parahuman Biology 8 (+15), Expertise: Radiation 7 (+14), Intimidation 1 (+3), Investigation 1 (+8), Perception 2 (+8/+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 3 (+5), Stealth 1 (+5), Technology 7 (+14), Treatment 7 (+14)

Powers
Headgear (Removable)
. . Goggles and Earpads: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Perception +4 (+8))
. . Goggles and Earpads: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects)
. . Goggles: Senses 4 (Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Ultra-hearing)
Invulnerability: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness; Impervious [14 extra ranks])
Rad Proof: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Radiation; Limited - Half Effect)
Running: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Size Control
. . Giant Size, Dynamic
. . . . Growth 16 ([0 active, 48/48 PP, 3/r], +16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Intimidate, -16 Stealth, -8 active defenses, +4 size ranks, +16 mass ranks, +2 ; Increased Duration: continuous)
. . Super Strength, Dynamic
. . . . Enhanced Stamina 12 ([12 active, 48/48 PP, 2/r], +12 STA)
. . . . Enhanced Strength 12 ([12 active, 48/48 PP, 2/r], +12 STR)
. . Tiny Size, Dynamic
. . . . Tiny Size: Shrinking 16 ([0 active, 48/48 PP, 3/r], -4 STR, -8 Intimidate, +16 Stealth, +8 active defenses, -4 size ranks, -2 speed ranks; Increased Duration: continuous)
Size Effects
. . Hitting a Larger Target
. . . . Part 1: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Close Combat +4 (+9), Ranged Combat +4 (+9))
. . . . Part 2: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Close Combat +4 (+9), Ranged Combat +4 (+9))
. . . . Part 3: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Close Combat +4 (+9), Ranged Combat +4 (+9))
. . . . Part 4: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Close Combat +4 (+9), Ranged Combat +4 (+9))
. . Too big to cut deep: Immunity 40 (Very Common Descriptor: Slashing Damage, Very Common Descriptor: Piercing Damage; Limited: Only with 9 or more ranks of Growth on, Limited - Half Effect)
Size Experience
. . Skill at Avoidance and Connecting
. . . . Close Attack: Enhanced Trait 5 ([1 active, 5/13 PP, 1/r], Advantages: Close Attack 5)
. . . . Dodge & Parry: Enhanced Trait 8 ([0 active, 5/13 PP, 1/r], Dodge +4 (+11), Parry +4 (+11))
Super Lifting Strength: Power-lifting 4 (+4 STR for lifting)
Unpulled Punch: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 31; Inaccurate 2: -4)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-042 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases 1, Contribution to CoJ Vehicles 3, Madame Y transform neutraliser 24, New Equipment 20

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 22)
Throw, +5 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 27)
Unpulled Punch: Strength-based Damage 4, +6 (DC 31)

Complications
Enemy: Given his history with Madame Y, she blames him for many of her troubles and he feels a responsibility to fix her injustices.
Responsibility: Doyle has made mistakes in his past, both professionally and personally. As such, in addition to his Hippocratic Oath, he is extra dedicated to making amends for his past mistakes and to helping others make amends for their own.
Vulnerability: Due to his size-changing abilities, Doyle not only suffers from occasional physical problems, but is also vulnerable to certain situations. If he is attacked with gravitic attacks those attacks get +2 to the Attack Check and +2 to the effect. The same is true from sonic or visual dazzles, but only when he is without his protective headgear.

Languages
English, Latin

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 12, Toughness 15, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 125 + Advantages 36 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 238

Known Background Megaman debuted twenty years ago, and was a founding member of the Justice Squadron. The Squadron elected him to be their team leader. He was an adequate leader, but not a great leader by any stretch. When the problems with Hornet Girl and the second Hornet Man happened, Megaman was not able to keep the team together, especially after his role in the affair was revealed. He joined his former teammates Elastiwoman and Ruby when they joined the Crusaders. His failure with the Squadron weighed heavily on Megaman during this time, and he served with little distinction. He was specifically undermined by Fantastic Girl so that he couldn't use his own leadership skills on the team. Still, he remained with the original Crusaders until their dissolution. After that, he joined both U.N. Earthforce and the U.S. Marshals, though neither organisation lasted for very long. When the Villain revealed the secret identities of several of the original Crusaders, he did not include Megaman. It was about this time that Megaman effectively retired. In truth, in his civilian identity, already trained as a radiologist, he returned to school and interned and became a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine. He also became one of the leaders in the field of parahuman medicine. About a year ago, he was recruited by the Champions of Justice to join their medical staff. No longer actively maintaining his double identity, he is comfortable doing field medicine, and has even suited up for traditional super heroing a few times with his latest team. During a recent mission in outer space, Doyle was exposed to unshielded radiation, and his strength and ability to increase his height have since increased.

Personality Doyle Conan has experienced a lot in his life over the past twenty years. He feels that he was a failure as a super hero. The mistakes he made with Hornet Girl and the Justice Squadron still weigh upon him. Similarly, he's still living down his time with the Crusaders. Whether its the perception of him as "the big dumb guy" some of them had, the apathy that led to the Villain forgetting to include him, or his own resentment at Zeke Meyers' leadership style, Doyle's issues with the Crusaders remain, though he tries his best to keep them from affecting his work today. Conversely, he feels very successful and vindicated as a doctor and a researcher in the field of parahuman medicine. He understands that his powers make him the best medical professional to enter many battlefield conditions, and does not hesitate to do so. Between his Hippocratic Oath, his feelings of failure, and his awareness of the collateral property damage that tends to happen when he uses his powers to get large, he is generally reluctant to do traditional super hero work.

Powers/Tactics Megaman's powers are superhuman strength, resiliency, and his ability to change his size. He is able to shrink down to the size of an adult's index finger or grow to be larger than any dinosaur or whale. His strength is enormous, being able to lift 200 lbs. at his smallest size and lift all but the largest skyscrapers at his tallest. As one would expect, as he grows, his stride grows. However, when tiny, he is easy to overlook, and can get into spaces far to small for a normal person. However, for all of this, perhaps Megaman's greatest asset is his analytical mind and medical training used in conjunction with his powers. A nigh-invulnerable paramedic and medical doctor can enter many situations that are simply to dangerous for most people. Similarly, tiny hands are sometimes useful during exploratory surgery.

Appearance Doyle Conan is an athletic looking, but, generally, unremarkable looking individual. The force of his personality, though, has returned after several years of being "in remission". When he's on duty as the Champions' doctor, he tends to wear a white medical lab coat over his green bodysuit and black tights. His normal height and weight are 72 inches, even, and 190 lbs. This can change, though; he can be any where from 3 inches tall to a 120 feet tall. His weight is always in proportion to his height. His dark blond hair and blue eyes are concealed by his cowl and goggles when he's in uniform.

Real World Stuff
Neil created Megaman, lossely based on another hero he imagined in our pre-super hero RPG days. I always liked him. Sadly, Neil never brought him to my campaign. He used him in the stuff he did with Andy. And he got used in a one-off that Doug ran. And there was one point when he was going to bring him into my campaign, the Champions of Justice. But at the last moment he decided not to, and brought in someone else instead. If the many worlds theory is true, the versions of Neil and I on the world where he didn't change his mind may, in fact, be happier.

When Neil left my campaign in the early-to-mid aughts, I decided to bring Megaman in... as the team doctor. He'd always been a medical person - an x-ray tech. I simply said in the intervening years he went back to school and went through his residency.

When Neil came back, he decided to let me to continue to use Doyle in the capacity I had been, but, every once in a while, Neil will decide he wants to play him again, and so he does.

Ken

Ampere

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:20 pm

ImageImageImage

Ampere - PL 13

Strength 10, Stamina 8, Agility 6, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 5

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Alternate Identity: Leilah Lindstrom, Benefit: Champion of Justice, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2, Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Interpose, Languages 2, Lionheart, Power Attack, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Insight, Ultimate Effort: Perform Music, Ultimate Effort: Toughness

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Close Combat: Taser Touch 2 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+11), Deception 1 (+6), Expertise (PRE): Perform Music 6 (+11), Expertise: Artwork 2 (+5), Expertise: Dance 4 (+7), Expertise: Fashion 8 (+11), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+10), Ranged Combat: Electromanipulation 9 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+5), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 4 (+7), Treatment 2 (+5)

Powers
Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Visual Only)
Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)
Electrical Absorption: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Electricity; Limited - Half Effect)
Electrofield: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious, Increased Range 2: perception, Sustained)
Electromagnetic Manipulation: Variable 8 (Action 2: free; Limited: Electric / Magnetic Effects Only)
Electromagnetic Waveriding: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
Electrosense: Senses 11 (Accurate: Detect, Acute: Detect, Detect: special: Electomagnetics 2: ranged, Direction Sense, Extended: Detect 1: x10, Penetrates Concealment: Detect)
Electroshield: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Parry +2 (+12), Dodge +2 (+12))
Great Swimmer: Swimming 5 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Life Support: Immunity 6 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition: Heat, Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Radiation, Sleep; Quirk: Not 100% immune)
Thick Skin: Impervious Toughness 8 (Limited: Only vs Energy [6 ranks only])

Equipment
Blue Goggles [Immunity 5, Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Visual Only; Senses 1, Low-light Vision], CoJ Communicator COJ-047 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases 2, Contribution to CoJ Vehicles 1, Purse 1

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 25)

Complications
5 foot even in 3 inch heels: Ampere's slow aging and short stature make her look sixteen instead of 24.
Of Two Minds: Ampere enjoys helping people, and wants and tries very hard to be a bright, shiny, respected heroine. However, she is often betrayed by her temper. This can lead to frustration between who she is and who she wants to be.
Relationships: Linda's birth father is the supervillain Lightning Strong Man. Given that she was raised as an orphan, she is very protective of her new-found family and the Breié's. She has become more than friends with fellow ex-Crusader Megaman.
Temper: Ampere's temper, once unleashed, is violent.

Languages
English, French, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 12/10, Parry 12/10, Fortitude 13, Toughness 14, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 92 + Powers 147 + Advantages 21 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 308

Known Background Linda Carlson was a fourteen year old superpowered orphan when she joined the Crusaders thirteen years ago after she, Tammy Cook (the then-future Fantastic Girl) and John Lopez (the then-future Enforcer Inviso) were defeated by them during their first outing as superpowered street toughs. After joining, Linda took the codename Ampere and was a useful, though sometimes overlooked, member of the Crusaders for the next few years. After Havok decimated the team, the remaining Crusaders only stayed together a short time. She was unofficially adopted by the family of her Crusader teammates la Chatte Noire and la Puma, and she went to live with the Breié family in Montreal for most of the next several years. Linda relocated to Denver for when she and la Chatte joined the New Crusaders. She stayed in Colorado for a time (including when Annette tried forming the Knights of Justice.) But she did return to Montreal and her foster family. In recent years she has kept a relatively low profile as a local Montreal hero until recently when she joined the Champions of Justice after the Saracen incident. She is planning on moving back to Denver where she plans to attend college and superhero on the side. Due to the Villain making Ampere's real name, Linda Carlson, a matter of public record; she has adopted a new civilian identity: Leilah Lindstrom. She and long-time friend Megaman have begun a romantic relationship.

Personality Ampere is a complicated young woman. On the one hand she is responsible and idealistic and believes in helping other people out as much as she can, despite the inconvenience or danger to herself. She feels that being a superhero is what she was born to do, and she feels very happy when she uses her parahuman abilities to do help people. She tries hard to keep an upbeat outlook. However, harsh life experiences have created a cynical undercurrent to her personality. Hence sometimes she may be pessimistic and sarcastic. She is quite temperamental, and her anger is explosive - loud not violent. But she is also quick to apologise when she is angered wrongly. She wants to be a pleasant and friendly person who tries to get along with everyone.

Powers/Tactics Ampere's body is superstrong, tough, and has excellent endurance. Her electrical powers give her a wide range of abilities, including high-speed flight, a good selection of ranged and speciallized attacks, and an extendable force field to bolster her own defenses and the defenses of others as well. Her electrosense allows her to easily detect many invisible targets and those behind obstacles in a 360 degree arc. She is an excellent hand to hand fighter, having combined street fighting techniques with savate into her own unique fighting style. She will act to protect bystanders before directly engaging a foe. This tendency sometimes will outweigh her normal preference to utelise her electrical projection abilities instead of her hand-to-hand skills.

Appearance Linda is cute and petite, being 4' 9", weighing 100 lbs., and having a body like a gymnist's. Her hair is very long, neatly trimmed and dark brown. Her light grey eyes are concealed behind blue goggles. In costume she looks more like a teenage girl wearin a costume than an actual twenty-four year old, highly competent superheroine, leading many to underestimate her.

As Ampere, she most often wears a white leotard and skirt with her light blue lightning bolt-'A' symbol on her chest, along with light blue boots, gloves, waist sash, and cape held on with a metallic brooch with the Ampere symbol on it. A similar pin decorates a matching beret. She has a black body stocking she will wear for night and stealth missions (or as the mood strikes her.) Or she may just wear the goggles, beret and brooch with her street clothes if the mood strikes her.

Real World Stuff
Ampere is an odd character. When Neil created her, she was, at first, just an electric powered strongwoman. But, over time, he added these elements of being a runaway street tough. Reformable, but with a heavy dose of I came from the streets. Then, after Neil came back from his several year hiatus, he decided to go in a completely opposite direction with her. He decided of, having been taken in several years prior, as a young adult, she was casting off her street tough veneer, and was letting her inner girly-girl out. And he's been Neil's go-to Champion for nearly a decade (real time) now.

He also decided to explore where her powers come from, and has delved deep into RCU lore. Finally he found a criminal I'd built (after an idea of my brother's) that he wanted to be Ampere's natural father. And eventually, we even got around to explaining where he got his powers.

Ampere's a good powerful character. Neil was actually surprised though when I started referring to her as his powerhouse. I was like "you made her the granddaughter of the first public super-hero, and a quarter Erylusian. How did you not notice that you were making her a powerhouse?"

I honestly, have only two complaints about the character. One, is that she's so powerful that she gives Neil a place to channel his competitive impulses, which can make things awkward. The other is that she has two-or-three characters' worth of background "secret identity" stuff going on. It makes me wonder, in game, how she finds time to be a super and, out of game, why has Neil piled so much onto her. The prevailing theory is that he's trying to to be everything to everybody, so she can be a really popular character. It's not actually working, and in fact, if he tried less hard to make her popular she'd probably be more so. But I haven't figured out how to explain that.

Ken

Backlash

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:21 pm

ImageImageImage

Backlash - PL 12

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit: Choose Benefit, Close Attack 2, Connected, Diehard, Equipment 6, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 4, Improved Smash, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: Redirected Attacks, Well-informed, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise (AWE): Cartooning 7 (+12), Expertise: Art 7 (+10), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Technology 2 (+5), Treatment 7 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+6)

Powers
Energy Absorption
. . Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
. . Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious [3 extra ranks])
Energy Release Array
. . Absorb and Release: Deflect 12 (Redirection, Reflect; Limited: Only with missileless attacks, Reduced Range: close)
. . Burst: Burst Area Damage 12 (DC 27; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 22; Fades, Quirk: Limited to highest rank of damage struck with)
. . Channel into Blast: Damage 17 (DC 32; Increased Range: ranged; Fades, Quirk: Starts at the level of the highest attack Backlash has been hit with)
. . Channel into Strength
. . . . Enhanced Strength 15 (+15 STR; Fades, Quirk: Starts at the level of the highest attack Backlash has been hit with)
. . . . Power-lifting 3 (+3 STR for lifting; Limited: +1 lifting STR per +5 Enhanced STR)
. . Leg Power: Leaping 9 (Leap 0.5 miles at 250 miles/hour in 6 seconds; Fades, Quirk: Limited to half of highest rank of damage struck with)
Energy Storage: Regeneration 8 (Every 1.25 rounds; Fades, Quirk: Limited to half of highest rank of damage struck with)
Nigh-Immovable: Immunity 5 (Custom: Being Moved by Impacts 5; Sustained)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-027 (empty) 2, Contribution to CoJ stuff (empty) 3, Stuntcycle

Offense
Initiative +18
Burst: Burst Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Channel into Blast: Damage 17, +7 (DC 32)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 17)

Complications
Power Complication: Backlash's Immunity to Toughness Effects doesn't work against cold, darkness and magic. Similarly, they don't count toward the quirk of the Energy Release.
Timey-Wimey Origin: Backlash's origin is ... complicated.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 85 + Advantages 30 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 222

Known Background Backlash gained his powers about eleven years ago. Marc Adams was travelling with his parents in Southern California, and they had the misfortune of being at the same mall when Captain Zero attacked Whirlwind and War Eagle. He and his family would have been killed in the attack, except for them being saved by a time travelling super being. The experience changed Marc on the quantum level, although it would be a few years before his powers would manifest. He was travelling, again, and the plane he was on was beseiged by terrorists. As his powers make him relativly invulnerable, he was able to stop them, disguised in a sweatsuit and a makeshift mask. He also substituted himself for the plane's crippled forward landing gear. After such a public beginning, it was only a matter of time before he was invited to join the Champions of Justice. For reasons of his own, he chose to become a Champions of Justice reservist, and served in that capacity for years. He makes his home in the Midwest.

As a side note it should be said that his parents did not gain powers as they were not rescued the first time Marc was. A first super being, Timefire, rescued Marc Adams, which created Backlash. However, a split second earlier, it was a time travelling Backlash that saved Marc and his family. Since nature abhors temporal paradoxes, Marc Adams still gained his quantum powers.

Personality Backlash, was, at one time driven by a need to avenge the death of his family. But that changed when he managed to save them and spare himself the mistake of allying himself with Timefire. Now he is driven by a need to help people, to spare them the hurt and loss he nearly felt. At his heart he is an artist and cartoonist. He tends to think of things visually, often with a greater sense of asthetics than the average super hero. He also has a sharp sense of humour, which helps as he shares a name with a famous entrepaneur.

Powers/Tactics Backlash posesses the ability to absorb and redirect tremendous amounts of energy, on the quantum level, both kinetic and electromagnetic. He is, naturally, highly resistant to these energies, and his body naturally adapts some of the energy he absorbs to heal what damage does occur. When he redirects kinetic energy, it manifests as short bursts of super human strength. Electromagnetic energy is released as energy bursts. The more energy he absorbs, the more energy he can later release. He has become a talented fighter, and often tries to draw fire away from his teammates.

Appearance Backlash is a fair haired man of about 5'9" with a medium build. His uniform is based on his old black and crimson sweatsuit, adding the traditional boots, gloves and mask.

Real World Stuff Backlash was my brother's second creation for the Champions of Justice. And the one where he said: "I want him to be my Morning Star." Using Jim's statement about Spectrum as a template. The funniest part was when Matt came up with Backlash's civilian name; he chose the exact same name I had given Morning Star. We went with 'Marc' instead of 'Mark', and decided to let it stand. Both "Adams" and "Mark" are common enough names that it seems plausible. It also means occaissionally someone asking "industrialist or cartoonist", when "Marc Adams" is mentioned.

Ken

Shockwave

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:23 pm

ImageImageImage

Shockwave - PL 11

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 6, Intellect 5, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Benefit: CoJ, Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 3: Big Vibration Blast: Damage 16, Improved Critical 4: Vibrofist: Strength-based Damage 4, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Inventor, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Second Chance: Vibration Attacks, Skill Mastery: Close Combat, Skill Mastery: Expertise: High-Tech Weapons, Skill Mastery: Ranged Combat, Takedown, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Buracracies 1 (+6), Expertise: Engineering 7 (+12), Expertise: High-Tech Weapons 7 (+12), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+8), Investigation 1 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Vibration Attack Array 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Vibration Blast: Damage 11 1 (+3), Technology 7 (+12), Treatment 1 (+6)

Powers
Vibration Attack Array
. . Big Vibration Blast: Damage 16 (DC 31, Advantages: Improved Critical 3; Increased Range: ranged; Inaccurate 2: -4)
. . Conical Blast: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone, DC 21)
. . Spherical Blast: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC 21)
. . Vibration Blast: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Vibration Wall: Create 11 (Volume: 2000 cft., DC 21; Movable)
. . Vibrofist: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 29, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Accurate: +2)
. . Vibroplatform: Cone Area Move Object 11 (50 tons; Cone Area 3: 250 feet cone, DC 21; Limited Direction: Only directly away from or towards, Reduced Range: close)
Vibration Protection Field: Protection 5 (+5 Toughness; Impervious [10 extra ranks])
Vibratory Flight: Flight 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round; Aquatic)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-028 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases 1, Contribution to CoJ Vehicles 2

Offense
Initiative +6
Big Vibration Blast: Damage 16, +6 (DC 31)
Conical Blast: Cone Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
Spherical Blast: Burst Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Throw, +7 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)
Vibration Blast: Damage 11, +11 (DC 26)
Vibrofist: Strength-based Damage 4, +8 (DC 29)
Vibroplatform: Cone Area Move Object 11 (DC 21)

Complications
Enemy at Work: John works for MahnTech, since Mahn bought out Bronson Labs.
Power Complication: The loudness of John's powers are destroying his hearing. All his hearing checks are at a -2.
Relationships: John has a wife, Lori Snodgrass Johnson, and son, David.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 15, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 82 + Powers 78 + Advantages 29 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 226

Known Background Shockwave began his career in New York City, as a member of the short-lived team, the Big Apple Knights. After only a few months, though, he apparently left that team, and appeared in Seattle. There he joined with Powerball and Firefly, and was a part of the loose-knit team Firepower. After Powerball joined the Champions of Justice, an organization that Shockwave had worked with before, it was only a matter of time before Shockwave joined as well. His tenure with the primary team was rough. His eagerness to engage in violence bothered some of his teammates. But he has maintained some of his ties, and after several recent cases where he has gotten involved he has decided to become active enough with them to join the Champions' Auxillary Roster.

John Johnson has been a scientist and engineer ever since he finished graduate school in New York City. He went to work for Bronson Laboratories and married his sweetheart, Lori Snodgrass. They had just started a family when John was in the accident that gave him his powers; an experimental vibration cannon exploded during a test. Before his son David was two, he accepted a transfer to Bronson's Seattle branch. He worked for Bronson until Bronson Labs was bought out by MahnTech. He was concerned for his job at that point, and put in a lot of hours to make a good impression and avoid getting laid-off by the new regime; the other reason why Shockwave cut back his time with the Champions. He is now an empoyee in good standing.

Personality Shockwave is friendly and approachable, but has a temper. He is quick to resort to violence to solve problems. He is serious about keeping Seattle safe, and is its foremost protector. He sometimes feels as if he hasn't received his due because he isn't as strong or as fast as some of his teammates. He gets frustrated because sometimes he does not hear things due to the loud nature of his powers. At home, though, he loves his wife and children, and is a good father. He dislikes the name (Lyndon) his parents gave him, and had his name legally changed to John while he was in college. He puts up with the mild teasing his name receives. He considers Powerball (Scott Montoya) to be one of his closest friends.

Appearance Shockwave is 6’3", with brown hair and an athletic build. He has grey at his temples as a result of age and having a child in middle school. His costume is red with black boots, gloves, and cape.

Powers/Tactics Shockwave's vibration blasts work best at short ranges, and combined with his tremendous strength, makes him favour fighting at close range. A high speed combat flyer, he's quick to change opponents as the need arises. His vibrating fists are hard to avoid when he punches, and he can conecentrate his vibration emissions into focussed blasts or broad cones.

Real World Stuff
Concurrent with some of the really early Champions of Justice stiff, but before Neil would start visiting me at school, I started the Firepower campaign with Matt, Neil, and Jenn, during some of my weekends home. Matt was the one who brought Powerball into the CoJ, though, ages before Neil brough Shockwave in. When Neil did bring Shockwave in, I thought he worked well. Apparently, though, Neil didn't, as he eventually brought him back out. Then while Neil was on his hiatus, I brought Shockwave back as an NPC. I've found him to be a handy "loaner" character for people who want to try playing (but aren't ready to create their own character), because of the character's versatility and power.
Last edited by Ken on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.