Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Nimrod the Hunter

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

L-Space wrote: The only reason I found out that Nimrod wasn't just an insult was because Hackmaster (a semi-parody of DnD 1e/2e and the first pen and paper I played) had different title's for classes depending on their level and a high level Bounty Hunter's title was Nimrod. After much confusion, I looked it up and realized that he was an epic hunter from the bible.
Funny how that is, right? I hadn't discovered it untill a few years ago.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Jabroniville »

The funny thing to me is, why wouldn't he have just changed Nimrod's name after being told the issue? It's like if some guy called his heroes "Dipshit and Douchecanoe" and excepted everyone to take it seriously. "But guys! Douchecanoe was the seventh angel of the host! He's the one who cured the shepherd's blindness and converted him to Christianity!"

I actually really like the Dragon guy. Comics doesn't have enough Dragons in it, considering how bad-ass they are. The fact that he played the character very "regal" makes him interesting- kind of like Goliath in Gargoyles- a monstrous, yet noble, hero.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

hah, neat. I had the same "Attractive" mechanic on my build for Demona, I believe.

I need to look up more of the different "Gaming Groups" you had going- all of the unique city-based games and stuff like that. Did you make a list of those and I forgot? I can't remember.
Ken

Marathon

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Undersea Peoples are a tough sell. The issue is, readers have no sense of "identification" with them, so they care little for the people. Usually only 1 or 2 of them are ever important, so they come off as races of nobodies. And since they're away from most of the world, you only see them periodically. Which means they're prone to Back To Basics Syndrome ("Atlantis was blown up last adventure!" "Never mind- it's back in the next writer's story!"), or writers just randomly blowing them up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm trying to evaluate this against your comment of:

"If you can that's great. But just as a heads up: a) Florida is a peninsula, surrounded by ocean on three sides b) I love Aquaman c) I'm overly analytical with a healthy respect and fear of the ocean.

Which is to say, some may call it a trope. I call it 70% of the Earth's surface being rather hostile to normal people."

Oops?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, Undersea Peoples are a tough sell. The issue is, readers have no sense of "identification" with them, so they care little for the people. Usually only 1 or 2 of them are ever important, so they come off as races of nobodies. And since they're away from most of the world, you only see them periodically. Which means they're prone to Back To Basics Syndrome ("Atlantis was blown up last adventure!" "Never mind- it's back in the next writer's story!"), or writers just randomly blowing them up.
I think one of the problems as well is the hero is already from Atlantis (Namor) or has been around for so long that he's fairly well known as being from there (Aquaman). I think it could be done well with an appropriate fan-insert character or the hero as having just arrived there. Think John Carter from Mars, but Atlantis instead.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »