Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Demoltion, Mass Master, White Tiger, Infinity, Silver Bullet)

Post by Jabroniville »

Heh- that's pretty good. Are Martial Artists that effective in Champions? Because no way is an accuracy/defense shifted guy gonna take a whole team in M&M.
catsi563

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Demoltion, Mass Master, White Tiger, Infinity, Silver Bullet)

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm Heh- that's pretty good. Are Martial Artists that effective in Champions? Because no way is an accuracy/defense shifted guy gonna take a whole team in M&M.
they can be actually very effective. Depends mostly on what they run into, if they run into bricks or others with high resistant defenses they could have a hard time but using tactics right they can out wit and outmaneuver entire groups of super villains.

Used Dark Angel once in Champions to similar effect basically outwitting a sinister 6 style group of rogues by using the martial arts maneuvers gadgets and hitting them hard when it counted.

Champions has a lot of martial arts maneuvers that are mostly easily replicated in M&M with feats and the occasional damage effect
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

so who was the Rick who died? The same Rick who was part of the RCU?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Comments on the assorted guys:

MASS MASTER: Always liked growing guys. Very "Silver Age" name & concept. How long did the "Eclipse" campaign run?

SILVER BULLET: Interesting guy with a cool name and a good backstory, complete with a downer ending. Though that part totally reads like "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet" :).

INFINITY: Ah, so PL 12 Accuracy-Shifted isn't so bad (that's more or less where Deathstroke is, and he's a handful for any hero to fight), but yeah, he's not shifted QUITE well enough, and that two of the ranks of his Toughness are in Defensive Roll isn't helping. Having the option of accurate unarmed attacks, and less-accurate power attacks lets him use things effectively. But... like you and Catsi pointed out, you have to fight SMART when you're using a guy like this. You can't just bullrush in or keep rolling "Attack, Attack, Attack" and hope to beat a stronger hero, much less a whole group of them. Guys like this need trickery and careful tactics. That ONE GUY one-shotted him is pretty definitive of that.

His Concealment effect makes him much more dangerous, thanks to the way Defense works in M&M- I can see that's where some points-shaving occurred (ie. Unreliable).

WHITE TIGER: I like the "White _____" name and reasoning, especially since he's a minority hero (technically). Did your Malaysian-descended best friend ever game, or was he out of the picture by then? I don't see him in your group pics or "Real World Roll Call".
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I lost contact with him & Judy (his wife) in the late 1990s, and re-established it about a decade later (though I saw them at Eric's wedding). Somewhen in that time, Rick got into recreational skydiving...

... but he was killed by a cardiac arrest at home with his kids.
Smarty-pants :). Also, oogh- that's darker than the usual smart-alecky reply.
This post also intentionally left blank. You see, I've heard people sometimes just go to the last page of a thread, and stuff posted at the bottom of the previous page just gets overlooked.
Yeah, that happens to me sometimes. I generally don't like to post a "build I want people to pay attention to" on the last page, because the very next comment is gonna push it back. I sometimes count the number of posts remaining just to make sure :).

I TRY not to do it on other people's threads as a result, but there've been times where BSDigitalQ re-posts a build because of that and I go "hey, when did that get posted" :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.