Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Jabroniville »

huh- obviously one of your friends (Jenn?) was a big Gold Diggers fan, just looking at the art :). Several of the Cats have CLASSIC "Fred Perry" design elements on them, especially the stripes under the eyes. Was that entirely Neil's input?

Looking at the Cat character getting more powerful with time is kinda funny, and I can see the problem with playing her like a tank, even WITH Class 100 physicality behind her.

The stuff about expecting her to be Fanservicey & popular is interesting. Especially if that "Muzzle-faced Cat" face in the first pic is what she was supposed to look like at first. Most "Anime Catgirls" look like the Gold Diggers ones included later. But even THEN, some pics have the big ol' cat paws, which kind of creep me out- it's why I couldn't understand, even as an adult, that Demona & Angela from Gargoyles were supposed to be attractive.

That backstory is IMMENSE. I think I got mixed up between Annette & Sylvie at some point, which becomes clearer once I read the "Personal History" underneath.

So it comes off to me, as an outsider, that Neil, who had a thing for Catgirls, Magic and silliness, tried to interject all of those things into campaigns, which caused arguments, which then caused him to think they were all about his character. What effect did the "Two Chattes" thing have on the games? Is she still around in any context? Or just the youngest sister?

Also... a Canada without Quebec? What kind of world are you building here? A UTOPIA???

PS I love the "only a few years" comment about campaigns. In my experience, "a few years" is an IMMENSE amount of time for any game campaign to run.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote:PS I love the "only a few years" comment about campaigns. In my experience, "a few years" is an IMMENSE amount of time for any game campaign to run.
I was going to comment on that as well. I have trouble remembering the last time we had a campaign go on for more than 2-3 months.
Formerly luketheduke86
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Our games were lasting an average of a year each with meeting once, maybe twice a month. Our schedule really started breaking down when one of the main gms went into the oil industry, two weeks on, one week off. Then people started having relationships outside the group, no showing, family issues, etc. I don't think that we got together at all for 2016.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Malsyn

Re: Asshur, Nimrod's protegé

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ken wrote:There are apparently a few different ways to trans-literate the name. I went with the one that looks like an incomplete typing of "ass hurt".
You're terrible, and that's awesome.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

L-Space

Re: Nimrod the Hunter

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote:And basically, I'm posting Nimrod now, because Jab just posted the X-Men villain, which triggered these comments:
Jabroniville wrote:-I think a big issue with Nimrod is the name- this is basically 100% an insult nowadays, regardless of the Biblical origins of the name. It's therefore the equivalent of calling your new Evil Robot character Douchenozzle, or Moron- it's just silly.
Doctor Malsyn wrote:That darn Bugs Bunny ruined everything. ;P

Or maybe it was everyone else that ruined it, by not getting the joke in the first place. Still, I find it interesting how the meaning of that name changed so drastically due to it's use in a cartoon. Pop culture is pretty incredible.
You see, this is one of those things that hurt Tim's Eclipse. We couldn't take his NPC character seriously. Tim is, or at least was, an active church-goer. He's also a history and mythology buff, and is familiar with Babylonian legends. And, somehow, he missed that people use the term "nimrod" as an insult.

I will note, as a Catholic, we didn't focus that much on the Old Testement when I was in parochial school, so yeah, I just knew it as an insult growing up. My understanding is that the Bugs Bunny creators were mostly Jewish, and from a few generations before my time, so they knew their Old Testement, hence Bugs calling Elmer a "poor little Nimrod".

But, I actually built it into Amos Caldwell III's backstory so that he grew up a) in isolation and b) without Bugs Bunny cartoons around. So he doesn't know better, and I actually made it a Complication for him.
The only reason I found out that Nimrod wasn't just an insult was because Hackmaster (a semi-parody of DnD 1e/2e and the first pen and paper I played) had different title's for classes depending on their level and a high level Bounty Hunter's title was Nimrod. After much confusion, I looked it up and realized that he was an epic hunter from the bible.
Formerly luketheduke86