Ken's Kache of Khracters (too many Hydronauts and Devilfishes)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:13 am

Jabroniville wrote:So good to see this thread again!

Like I said before, the "Behind-The-Scenes" stuff about tabletop politics, actual gameplay, and various long-running campaigns going on makes this SO much more interesting to me than other threads... just those "personal touches". It's why I spout word after word about stuff in my thread- several people tell me they read JUST for the commentary!
I have to say, I agree. I love reading all the build comments folks like you and Ken tack on. Oh, and the builds themselves are really well done too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:46 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:So good to see this thread again!

Like I said before, the "Behind-The-Scenes" stuff about tabletop politics, actual gameplay, and various long-running campaigns going on makes this SO much more interesting to me than other threads... just those "personal touches". It's why I spout word after word about stuff in my thread- several people tell me they read JUST for the commentary!
I have to say, I agree. I love reading all the build comments folks like you and Ken tack on. Oh, and the builds themselves are really well done too.
Thank you, both.

It's actually because of the nature of the commentary being for this shared world with all these stories that I'm reposting the 20+ builds I posted at the other place, while mixing in new (to you guys) builds too. Thankfully, it's only 22 or so.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

Ken

Spectrum

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Image.Image.Image

Spectrum - PL 14

Strength 1, Stamina 6/2, Agility 2, Dexterity 5, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 2: Deputy Secretary Office of Parahuman Relations, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Benefit: CoJ, Benefit: Director of the Parahuman Security Bureau, Connected, Diehard, Equipment 1, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Critical 4: Turn Into Laser, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Law 7 (+12), Expertise: Parahuman Community 5 (+10), Expertise: Politics 7 (+12), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 1 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Electromagnetic Spectrum Control Array 1 (+10/+6), Technology 1 (+6), Treatment 1 (+6)

Powers
Energy Being (Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action)
. . Enhanced Trait 37 (Traits: Stamina +4 (+6), Dodge +8 (+13), Parry +3 (+8), Fortitude +8 (+14), Will +8 (+14), Ranged Combat +4 (+10))
. . Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Visual Only)
. . Impervious Toughness 15
. . Insubstantial 3 (Energy; Increased Duration: continuous, Precise, Reaction: reaction, Variable Descriptor: close group - entire Electromagnetic spectrum)
. . Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero Gravity)
. . Protection 9 (+9 Toughness)
Electromagnetic Spectrum Control Array
. . Big Holograms: Illusion 3 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 13/r], Affects: One Sense Type - Visual, Area: 32000 cft., DC 13; Illusion Area 12)
. . Electromagnetic Blast: Damage 18 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 2/r+2], DC 33; Increased Range: ranged, Subtle: subtle, Variable Descriptor: close group - any EM effect)
. . Illusions: Illusion 14 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 2/r], Affects: One Sense Type - Visual, Area: 15000 cft., DC 24; Independent)
. . Invisibility: Concealment 4 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 2/r], All Visual Senses)
. . Light and Magnetic Constructs: Create 12 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 3/r+1], Volume: 4000 cft., DC 22; Selective, Subtle: look natural)
. . LIGHT!: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 12 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 3/r], 1st degree: Sight Impaired, 2nd degree: Sight Disabled, 3rd degree: Sight Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Perception Area: DC 22 - Visual, Cumulative)
. . Magnetic Lifting: Move Object 18 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 2/r+1], 6 ktons; Subtle: subtle)
. . Quick Effects: Variable 5 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 8/r]; Action 2: free; Limited: Electromagnetic Radiation/Light Effects only)
. . Turning Into a Laser: Damage 19 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 1/r+8], DC 34, Advantages: Improved Critical 4, Power Attack; Accurate 3: +6)
Instant Change: Feature 1 (Notes: Hologram Form lets him change to Spectrum instantly)
Speed of Light Flight
. . 186,000 mps: Flight 28 (Alternate; Speed: 512 million miles/hour, 1 million miles/round; Concentration)
. . Flight 20 (Speed: 2 million miles/hour, 4000 miles/round)
. . Movement 1 (Space Travel 1: within solar system)

Equipment
CoJ Communicator COJ-021 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases 1, Contribution to CoJ Vehicles 2, Inert Power Crystal 0

Offense
Initiative +10
Electromagnetic Blast: Damage 18, +10 (DC 33)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 11)
LIGHT!: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 12 (DC Fort/Will 22)
Magnetic Lifting: Move Object 18, +10 (DC 28)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Turning Into a Laser: Damage 19, +9 (DC 34)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 16)

Complications
Enemies: Spectrum is despised by various other members of the "light-projector" community who are criminals (Thermon, RGB and The Rainbow Warriors to name a few).
Health Condition and Distinctive Appearance: Dwight is an albino when not in his Spectrum form. While it is normally not a big deal, people will sometimes react strangely to his appearance. He also has to take steps to protect his skin and such in his human form.
Relationships: Dwight is very dedicated and protective of his wife Beth-Ann, son Richie and daughter Elizabeth. He is also very tight with members of the CoJ team and Joe Chillin.
Rivals: Dwight often has to deal with people with different political and socialogical views than himself as a politician, both as superiors and subordinants (Arthur Slade).

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13/5, Parry 8/5, Fortitude 14/6, Toughness 15, Will 14/6

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 207 + Advantages 11 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 301

Known Background Dwight Jones was well-known throughout the Boston law enforcement community, not just for his albino skin pigmentation but also for a stellar conviction rating as an Assistant District Attorney. It was in his role as an ADA that he first encountered the villain group Demolition Crew, who had recently been brought to justice by Turbo. While working on the case for the prosecution, Dwight received a message that the Crew had broken out of their holding cells and were working their way through the building. Not wanting them to get their hands on their power belts, Dwight got to the evidence locker first and took the belts for safe keeping, putting them around his waist to hide them. When the four belts touched one another, however, they mysteriously merged together and gave Dwight the power of flight, temperature manipulation and invisibility.

Dwight kept the belt after helping recapture the Crew and new charges were filed against them. Adopting the name Spectrum, he began a secondary career as a super hero and was quickly accepted into the ranks of the CoJ, including sparking longstanding friendships with several of his teammates. As such, it came as a surprise to many when he quit the team to join the U.S. Marshals and quit his DA job to start working as a public defense attorney. Everything changed, however, when he was almost beaten to death, saved only by the intervention of the CoJ. While he was healed of his injuries, he found that his belt was now producing a different set of powers, this time based on light and the electromagnetic spectrum. Attempting to vaporize the belt caused it to transform into a crystalline form which he could now use to transform into a new and improved Spectrum.

Once again reuniting with the CoJ, Spectrum rose in the ranks of the team, both socially and politically. He married his long-time secretary Beth-Ann, having Rick Lynx as his best man and, thanks to a loan from Mark Adams, opened his own law firm.
Shortly thereafter, they were blessed with the birth of their son, Richard Joseph "Richie" Jones. Dwight's hero form was transformed one more time as the powers of the crystal were absorbed into his system and amplified. Then his long time ally, former boss and present President of the United States, Joseph Chillin, asked him to be his running mate during his bid for re-election. A member of the Demolition Crew (who now call themselves the Rainbow Warriors) stepped forward and outed Dwight as Spectrum, ruining his secret identity and their White House objectives in one fluid motion.

Andrew Mahn beat Chillin in the election, but chose the former president as his VP after the assassination of Patzen. Dwight was recruited to be the president's Secretary of Parahuman Relations on the condition that Spectrum only came out in the case of national emergency. When Mahn was removed from office, Dwight was demoted to Deputy Secretary under Chillin and Director of the Parahuman Security Bureau over Slade.

Personality Spectrum is by nature a lawyer; legalistic and precise in everything he does. He is a devoted friend to those he cares about, but can likewise be an intense adversary if crossed. He is very confident in words and deeds, which often comes across as being bravado and ego. Instead, he simply knows that he is intelligent and capable, willing to step up when no one else will. His knowledge of law and policy is often helpful in dealing with the legal aspects of being a super hero, and even led to him drafting the official Champions of Justice charter, bylaws and application.

Powers/Tactics Over the years, Spectrum's powers have developed to the point of him becoming the foremost master of light and electromagnetic manipulation. As such, he is limited only by his imagination. He can manipulate energies to do anything from lighting a room to creating photorealistic images, transporting himself a hole the size of a needle or catapulting himself through the stars, fire laser beams from his eyes to converting electromagnetic waves into raw physical strength. As such, he tends to come into a fight ready for anything and willing to throw everything at the problem from the start.

Appearance Dwight Jones is 5'9 in his human form with a thin frame. As Spectrum, his height is increased to 6'0 with an athletic, muscular build (probably, in part, based on Dwight's subconscious ideal appearance). In both identities, he is an albino, with light-colored skin and white hair, though the physical limitations of the condition have no effect on his Spectrum form. With each time his powers have changed, Spectrum's costume has transformed as well, finishing with his current rainbow color scheme.

Real World Stuff
This Spectrum was the creation of my friend Jim (or JCJEC around here). Which is why
Ken wrote:
jcjec wrote:
Spectrum wrote:Is there any chance of getting to play in this really cool environment sometime?
As Ken's frequent partner in crime, I can definitely say yes, new players are always welcome. Feel free to visit our website (http://www.rcuhero.net) and take a look around, and then drop either Ken or I a private e-mail to work out the details.
I have to say, Jim, seeing you reply to Spectrum amuses me to no end.
No connection between the two Spectrums, but still, I found it funny. Anyway, this is Dwight Jones, right before he lost his powers. Spectrum was the third character Jim introduced into the CoJ, but in many ways was the most successful. It took some doing though. In his early days, Spectrum's powers were based on temperature instead of light ("spectrum" was used in its secondary meaning referring to a range of things). Besides rankling some of the more science-y players (including his GM, me) it also meant that, powerwise, he was incredibly similar to Doug's character, Count Zero. And, along the way, various things were tried. Finally, Jim said to me "I want Spectrum to be my Morning Star." And, after clarifying that what was meant "big star, powerhouse, team leader type character," I said, "Okay, then let US make him that." Basically, when someone wants their character to fill a role, the player and gamemaster need to work together, and be on the same page.

And, so, we did. We adapted Spectrum's powers to be electromagnetic. Jim played the role to the hilt and Spectrum was magnificent.

We had a big laugh in 1997. As I explained when I posted Morning Star, Jim had, at one point, asked "Morning Star is kind of your Superman" and then later he said "I want Spectrum to be my Morning Star". So using the transative property, it could be said Jim wanted Spectrum to be his Superman. And in 1997, DC decided to make Superman, well, more like Spectrum: the "electric blue" Superman had electromagnetic powers.

Over time, Dwight/Spectrum married, started a family, got into politics, and was almost the Vice-President of the U.S. Eventually though, Jim got to feeling like Spectrum's story was by-and-large told. So, he started taking more and more of a backseat role. And, when another player came in with another electromagnetic character, and competitive streaks started flaring up, Jim decided to have Dwight lose his powers and retire from active super-heroics completely. Powerless Dwight Jones can be seen here.

I look forward to seeing what will happen when... Oh. Hey Jim. How're things?

jcjec

Re: Spectrum

Post by jcjec » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Ken wrote:I look forward to seeing what will happen when... Oh. Hey Jim. How're things?
A little paranoid now, thanks for asking. :lol:
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:17 pm

It's funny- you can tell these are individual players' RPG characters because they're so varied in use. Each character has a handful of very good options in the game, instead of just being a "one-off", limited type like in most Team Books (the equivalent would be if the X-Men's Wolverine & Nightcrawler had Blasts, or Colossus was also a genius, or something). Most guys have numerous separate ways of kicking ass.

It reminds me of when I posted up a character named "Ice Princess" (this was in like 2011-12- there was no relation to a certain perfect 10/10 member of Arrendelle royalty ) for a potential role in one game. She was rejected in part because she seemed a little too silly for a "serious" game (she was basically Sailor Moon-themed in style), and because I included like 10-12 Alt-Effects for her Ice Powers, which made everyone nervous. I pointed out that she was WAY under-capped Defensively, but c'est la vie... I kind of sucked at keeping up with long-running games anyways, having no internet access at work.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Jabroniville wrote:It's funny- you can tell these are individual players' RPG characters because they're so varied in use. Each character has a handful of very good options in the game, instead of just being a "one-off", limited type like in most Team Books (the equivalent would be if the X-Men's Wolverine & Nightcrawler had Blasts, or Colossus was also a genius, or something). Most guys have numerous separate ways of kicking ass.

It reminds me of when I posted up a character named "Ice Princess" (this was in like 2011-12- there was no relation to a certain perfect 10/10 member of Arrendelle royalty ) for a potential role in one game. She was rejected in part because she seemed a little too silly for a "serious" game (she was basically Sailor Moon-themed in style), and because I included like 10-12 Alt-Effects for her Ice Powers, which made everyone nervous. I pointed out that she was WAY under-capped Defensively, but c'est la vie... I kind of sucked at keeping up with long-running games anyways, having no internet access at work.
Well, with my campaign, the Champions of Justice, I had always said I wanted a Justice League of America or Avengers type feel to the characters, specifically, that the characters would be the type of heroes that would have BOTH a solo book and a team book, and my campaign was the team book. The idea was that the characters had solo careers as well, but the realities of life and game play precluded exploring those in play. This particular piece of my camign has been the piece that I've had the most resistance about. But, as a result, I encouraged that CoJers not be one-trick ponies. Superman, Thor, Iron Man are all "brick types, but they have heat vision and magic hammers, and repulsors, too. Captain America and Batman have their thrown weapons to use in situations when straight melee isn't called for. Scarlet Witches, Green Lanterns, and any speedster are going to have alt effects on top of alt effects (or Variables). So, yeah. The Turbos, Spectrums, and Morning Stars are meant to be versatile.

But the other thing is that, even in our games that are more "family" type teams (e.g. F4, X-Men, Titans, etc.) we're the same players, and we've developed certain styles. Also, most of the characters have been around for years and years. And, since we've tried to cap the power levels, if the characters can't get more powerful (more accurate AND more damage), the development of powers has been to develop more options.

And, I'm pretty sure Ice Princess would work pretty well in any number of campaigns that are run over the internet by a certain group in northern Illinois.

Ken

NEON

Post by Ken » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Neon - PL 9

Strength 4, Stamina 5, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit, Wealth 2 (indepently wealthy), Equipment 1, Fascinate (Deception), Improved Critical: Coherent Light: Blast 11, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Taunt

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+5), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: Art 2 (+5), Expertise: Money Management 4 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 2 (+5), Intimidation 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+4), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Light Control 3 (+5), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4)

Powers
Force Field: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious, Subtle: subtle, Sustained)
Light Control
. . Coherent Light: Blast 11 (DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical)
. . Light Images: Illusion 9 (Affects: One Sense Type - Sight, Area: 1000 cft., DC 19; Illusion Area [5 ranks only], Independent)
. . Neon Dazzle: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 9 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Perception Area: DC 19 - sight, Cumulative [5 ranks only])
. . Pulsed Light Blasts: Damage 7 (DC 22; Accurate 2: +4, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Ride the Light: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Equipment
3-D Glasses (Flash Goggles), Savant Phone 2

Offense
Initiative +4
Coherent Light: Blast 11, +7 (DC 26)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 14)
Neon Dazzle: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 9 (DC Fort 19)
Pulsed Light Blasts: Damage 7, +11 (DC 22)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 19)

Complications
Age: Although legally emancipated from his mother, Sam is only 15 years old and there is much he can't legally do, yet.
Name: If your given name was "Grüñkè" you'd want to be called something else too.
Relationships: The person Sam trusts most is his lawyer, Javier Barajas. He loves his mother (Sam Sr.'s second and fourth wife), but she's a hot mess of addictions. His father's third wife hates him and blames him for her being left.
Wealth: Sam's trust fund, set up by his father, is the target of his father's ex-wives.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 12, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 55 + Advantages 11 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 145

Personal Details
When Sam Jademan left Loretta Kowalski Jademan, his second wife, for Julie Raymond, no one was really surprised. Sam had proven he wasn't the best husband when he left his first wife for Loretta. Neither Sam nor Loretta knew at the time that their son had been conceived just s few weeks prior. Loretta didn't tell Sam after she found out, either. Grüñkè was nearly a year old when Sam discovered his existence. And in trying to be a part of Grüñkè's life actually led to Sam and Loretta remarrying. Which is why Grüñkè was in his father's art studio when the accident that gave them their powers occurred. Grüñkè's powers, as well as Loretta's substance abuse problems were why Sam retained custody of Grüñkè when he married Meredith Barnes. However, Meredith never wanted to be a mother, so when she was widowed, she sent Grüñkè back to live with Loretta.

Grüñkè grew up having to deal with his mother's substance abuse problems, his father's various ex-wives fighting over his father's estate, and having to cope with being a parahuman. Honestly, he's a mess. First, he decided he wanted to be "Sam Junior" rather than "Grüñkè". Then, as a young teenager, he secured the services of Jones and White, a Boston law firm that specialises in parahuman law. His lawyer, Javier Barajas, helped Sam Jr. sue for legal emancipation. Today, Sam is finally making his own decisions, although he's not yet old enough to drive. And those decisions involve moving to Las Vegas and deciding to use his super powers for the cause of good, if not necassarily for law and order.

An altercation with his ex-stepmom, Julie Raymond, led Sam Jademan to apply to the school colloquially known as the Radio Ranch, in Wisconsin.

Real Life Stuff
So, I think Neon is one of the first characters I created AFTER the group switched to "DC Adventures" after 23 years with the Hero System. The character's father is the Neon Knight. Ted only played Sam Sr. briefly, before taking a semester abroad. And realising that he was going to be transferring after that, and that most of his friends at school would have graduated by that time as well, he asked us to kill off Neon Knight. So we did.

So, as I explained elsewhere, I was taking the Jack of Diamonds out of Las Vegas. And I'm not that keen, actually, on Jim's set-up for the replacement Vegas team. "Strike Force" is the (unbelievable) name of the federal agency tasked with dealing with parahuman crime in the RCU. And, with the Vegas team gone, they've hired a bunch of supers to be "consultants". So I wanted a young character who couldn't be hired and had zero chance of becoming team-leader. I also decided to play a PL 9 character in what was a nominally PL 10 game.

You see, the loudest of the "anti-Captain Miracle" players is back in the gaming group (he'd taken several years off in the mid-oughts). And what he's never quite accepted is that it wasn't that Captain Miracle was that much more powerful than his teammates (okay, he could be, but during the time that people complained about him the loudest Emergency Only power boost was never used), but that I'm better with the super-heroic genre than most the group. So, to avoid running into the "he's too powerful" crap, I deliberately went with an underpowered character. I'll also note that this player's Consultant is a PL 11 character in a nominally PL 10 game.

Anyway, Sam Jr., here, proved to be a nightmare for Jim, the GM. The in-experienced, slightly underpowered kid who couldn't be a consultant was still the most effective PC in the campaign. Further more, among the rest of the players, no real leader types were emerging. So Jim asked me to "retire" Neon, and bring in someone else, someone who could actually be the team leader
Jabroniville wrote:I like Neon, particularly that his backstory is so complex, to a degree you don't really see in a lot of comic book characters. The whole Addict Mom/Legion of Ex-Stepmothers/Father Remarried Mom Then Divorced Again thing is complicated, but in kind of a way you could actually see happening.
It was actually Ted, Neon Knight's creator who, in passing, decided that Sam Jademan had multiple ex-wives. I just, years later, said "and what if there was a kid?" It was fun. I enjoyed playing him.

But I will say that, being young, and new, he's actually less versatile than most of the RCU heroes. He flies around and shoots things. His one trick is the illusion thing.

Ken

Primate Change

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:26 am

Primate Change - PL 13

Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence -2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Benefit, Cipher, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Hold, Languages 1, Lionheart, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Startle, Ultimate Effort: Strength Check

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+12), Deception 6 (+4), Expertise: Meteorology 7 (+10), Expertise: Survival 5 (+8), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 12 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+4), Ranged Combat: Weather Control 9 (+11), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 1 (+4), Treatment 1 (+4)

Powers
Ape Long Arms: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 23; Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
Ape Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
Gorilla Hide: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Gorilla Size: Growth 1 (+1 STR, +1 STA, -1 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +1 mass rank; Innate; Permanent)
Native Tongue: Comprehend 2 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand)
Main Weather Manipulation: Variable 2 (Action: move; Limited 3: Environment Effects Only)
Rider on the Storm: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Weather Control Array
. . Bonus Weather Manipulation: Variable 7 (Action: move, Stacks with: Main Weather Manipulation: Variable 2; Limited 3: Weather Effects Only)
. . Lightning Blast: Damage 15 (DC 30; Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction, Variable Descriptor: close group - Any weather)
. . Tornado Blast: Shapeable Area Damage 11 (DC 26; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 21, Increased Range: ranged, Variable Descriptor: close group - Any Weather)
. . Wind Storm: Shapeable Area Move Object 7 (3 tons, DC 22; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 17, Damaging, Selective)
Wind Shield: Enhanced Trait 15 (Traits: Dodge +6 (+12), Parry +6 (+12), Toughness +3 (+13))

Offense
Initiative +3
Ape Long Arms: Strength-based Damage 1, +12 (DC 23)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 17)
Lightning Blast: Damage 15, +11 (DC 30)
Throw, +2 (DC 22)
Tornado Blast: Shapeable Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 22)
Wind Storm: Shapeable Area Move Object 7 (DC 22)

Complications
Megalomania: P.C./Bobo is all too aware of his status as a super gorilla, and believes he is better than ALL primates.
Monstrous: Primate Change is a lowland gorilla of human-level intelligence and is capable of human speech. Interacting with humans, people find him monstrous.

Languages
English, French

Defense
Dodge 12/6, Parry 12/6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 13/8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 90 + Advantages 18 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 208

===== Additional Details =====
PP earned so far: 1

Known Background: Known only to himself, Primate Change was known as "Bobo" when he was a "guest" of the scientists who experimented on him. It is not known what was done to elevate his intelligence or grant him his "para-primate" powers. It has been theorised that Bobo had been caught in the same accident that gave le Tempête his powers, and that the scientists who were studying him had used sealife infused with omnisphere energy. But as Primate Change has killed the scientists and destroyed their records, only he knows what they did, and he's not telling.

Real World Stuff
I'm an old school DC Comics guy, and sometime, maybe 18 months ago, it occurred to me that the RCU had a derth of super-powered intelligent apes. This in turn led to the creation of one of the few villains who's code name is such atrocious word play that my friends were threatening me about it.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:14 am

"PRIMATE change"? No wonder your friends were furious. I'd have excommunicated you over that :P.

jcjec

Post by jcjec » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Jabroniville wrote:"PRIMATE change"? No wonder your friends were furious. I'd have excommunicated you over that :P.
Ken is known for his groaner joke names, but this one struck everyone right between the eyes. Some worse than others, but still...

Fortunately, we have learned to forgive Ken for his puns. :)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?

Ken

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 pm

jcjec wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:"PRIMATE change"? No wonder your friends were furious. I'd have excommunicated you over that :P.
Ken is known for his groaner joke names, but this one struck everyone right between the eyes. Some worse than others, but still...

I'm known for my groaner jokes, PERIOD. Jab calls them my "dad jokes". Jim knows my family; they're closer to my mom's jokes.

And what were the options, other than forgiveness? :P

Ken

Doing the Neutron Dance

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Neutron Man - PL 7

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Withstand Damage

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+3), Insight 1 (+5), Intimidation 1 (+5), Perception 1 (+5), Ranged Combat: Throw 5 (+6), Technology 2 (+4), Treatment 1 (+3)

Powers
Aware of Being a Game Character
. . Remote Sensing 1 (Affects: 4 Types - all but touch, Range: 60 feet; Dimensional: dimension - the Real World, Innate, Simultaneous, Subtle: DC 20+rank; Medium: Kenn, Permanent)
. . Senses 1 (Communication Link: Kenn; Dimensional: dimension - Real World, Innate)
Imitation Power Attack: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 25; Inaccurate: -2)
Invulnerability: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [7 extra ranks])
Lift Tremendous Weights: Power-lifting 4 (+4 STR for lifting)
Neutron Movement
. . Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round; Activation: move action, Concentration [5 ranks only], Distracting)
. . Leaping 6 (Leap 500 feet at 120 miles/hour)
. . Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
. . Swimming 6 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Imitation Power Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, +4 (DC 25)
Throw, +6 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Complications
Breaking the Fourth Wall: Kirk is convinced he is a character in a role-playing game.
Nemeses: Neutron Man has arch-enemies such as Curt Calvin and Painiac.
Weakness: Neutron Man has a vulnerability to Samsonite. He takes +5 damage if hit with that brand of luggage. Long term exposure will kill him.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 35 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 119

Neutron Man is not a part of the "regular" RC Universe. Actually, what I think of as the regular RC Universe is what is has been labelled "Earth-K", and its immediate multiverse. RCU has sort of come to refer to the omniverse that contains that multiverse and a few other universes.

One of those is what I call a Perpindicular World (rather than a "Parallel World"), we call "Earth-D". Now, with Earth-K (which I started), I'm big on continuity and, especially, reason and consequence. The history occaissionally changes but mostly, if a butterfly flaps its wings too hard it will be felt across the world.

Doug started Earth-D (I bet you can see our naming pattern, now), with the exact opposite in mind. Basically, there's little continuity or consquence. It's about, what's fun, right now. And it's great. As much as I know how I wanted "my" world to be, I fully acknowledge it's not the only way to do things.

I created Neutron Man when John Byrne was doing his run on Sensational She-Hulk. I loved the "breaking the 4th wall" thing. So I created this Superman homage/parody (Doug wanted it to be a low-level game, so making a "Superman" at the level was a challenge), but with the idea that he is fully aware that he is a character in a role-playing game. And in DCA I even put in the "power" to justify him knowing what I know. It's great fun.

I really hope we start playing on this world again.

L-Space

Post by L-Space » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:35 pm

jcjec wrote:

You guys are crazy. That name is fantastic!
Formerly luketheduke86

Goldar

Post by Goldar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:51 pm

So glad you are continuing your thread here.

Are you going to list an index on page 1 so that all of your characters can be viewed by clicking on them? There is one I want to look at again that didn't seem to make it over the interdimensional void from that other earth....

Ken

Post by Ken » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Goldar wrote:So glad you are continuing your thread here.

Are you going to list an index on page 1 so that all of your characters can be viewed by clicking on them? There is one I want to look at again that didn't seem to make it over the interdimensional void from that other earth....
Maybe. That's why I left that one post blank.

Since my thread there was less than 2 weeks old, I'm eventually going to repost everything I posted there. As far as the one I think you're talking about, it should be here soon. With chest rockets this time.