Ken's Kache of Khracters (too many Hydronauts and Devilfishes)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Massager

Post by Ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 am

Massager - PL 7

Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 7, Presence 3

Advantages
Beginner's Luck, Close Attack 2, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Deception), Jack-of-all-trades, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Athletics 2 (+9), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Physical Therapy 5 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+5), Technology 1 (+1), Treatment 5 (+5)

Powers
Deftness of the Massager
. . Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGL; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . Enhanced Awareness 4 (+4 AWE; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . Enhanced Dexterity 4 (+4 DEX; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . Enhanced Fighting 3 (+3 FGT; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Close Attack 2; Quirk: Shard issue)
Flight of the Massager: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Quirk: Shard Issue)
Resilience of the Massager
. . Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support; Limited - Half Effect, Quirk: Shard issue)
Sight Beyond Sight: Senses 6 (Extended: Vision 2: x100, Penetrates Concealment: Vision; Quirk: Shard issue)
Strength of the Massager
. . Enhanced Stamina 5 (+5 STA; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR; Quirk: Shard issue)
. . . . Happy Ending: Cumulative Affliction 7 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, Entranced, 2nd degree: Prone, Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cumulative, Extra Condition; Grab-based, Resistible: Will)
. . . . Healing Massage: Healing 7 (Alternate; Limited: Muscle related injuries)
. . Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)

Equipment
Crystal Shard 1

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 17)
Happy Ending: Cumulative Affliction 7, +7 (DC Fort/Will 17)
Throw, +5 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 22)

Complications
Vulnerability: Due to the attributes of the meteorite pendant, gold has an increased effectiveness on Massager. Gold-coated weapons get +5 to the effect.
What Does His Name Mean?: The Massage isn't just copping a feel, it's a lifestyle.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 64 + Advantages 5 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 112

Background He is the John Blake who lives in the same off-the-wall world that Neutron Man is from.

Real World stuff While I was converting the various versions of Messenger, I came across places where "Messenger" was abbreviated by dropping the vowels and I started seeing words like 'monsignor' and 'massager' and, well, I love word play and parody and...
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

Ken

Aliotta Haynes and Jeremiah

Post by Ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:44 am

Aliotta Haynes - PL 11

Strength 10, Stamina -, Agility -1, Dexterity -1, Fighting 6, Intellect -2, Awareness -1, Presence -1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Daze (Intimidation), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Critical 3: Monstrous Strength, Luck 5, Power Attack

Skills
Close Combat: Grab 4 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Intimidation 1 (+21/+1), Perception 5 (+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 12 (+11)

Powers
Big: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 Tough, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Dead Flesh: Protection 15 (+15 Toughness)
Hard to Control: Immunity 30 (Will Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
Monstrous Strength
. . Fighting Strength: Enhanced Strength 9 (+9 STR)
. . Lifting Strength: Enhanced Strength 18 (+18 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Monstrous Visage: Enhanced Trait 15 (Traits: Deception +10 (+9), Intimidation +20 (+21))
Mostly Dead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Regeneration: Regeneration 8 (Every 1.25 rounds; Persistent)
. . Healing: Healing 3 (Alternate; Action 3: reaction, Linked: This Sucks: Weaken 14, Restorative, Resurrection; Limited: Self Only, Source: living Human Blood)
. . Resurrection: Immortality 8 (Alternate; Return after 4 hours)
This Sucks: Weaken 14 (Affects: Stamina, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 24; Limited: Target can never lose more than two ranks of Stamina per round)

Offense
Initiative -1
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 20)
This Sucks: Weaken 14, +8 (DC Fort 24)
Throw, +11 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 25)

Complications
Monstrous: Haynes is a red skinned behemoth.
Motivation: Destruction

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 17, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities -12 + Powers 124 + Advantages 15 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 156

(and her anti-heroic husband)

Jeremiah Haynes - PL 11

Strength 11, Stamina -, Agility -1, Dexterity -1, Fighting 0, Intellect -1, Awareness 0, Presence -1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 8, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Critical 4: Monstrous Strength, Luck 5, Power Attack, Sacrifice Attack, Untapped Potential

Skills
Close Combat: Grab 3 (+3), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+3), Intimidation 1 (+21/+1), Perception 5 (+5), Persuasion 1 (+0), Ranged Combat: Throw 12 (+11), Stealth 9 (+5)

Powers
Magic BADASS Tattoo: Feature 1
Big: Growth 3 (+3 STR, +3 Tough, +1 Intimidate, -3 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +3 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Dead Flesh: Protection 15 (+15 Toughness)
Fast Lumbering: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Hard to Control: Immunity 30 (Will Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
Monstrous Strength
. . Fighting Strength: Enhanced Strength 9 (+9 STR)
. . Lifting Strength: Enhanced Strength 18 (+18 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Monstrous Visage: Enhanced Trait 15 (Traits: Deception +10 (+9), Intimidation +20 (+21))
Mostly Dead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Resurrection: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)
Undying Array
. . Battle Recovery: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Persistent)
. . Fast Healing: Healing 3 (Action 3: reaction, Restorative, Resurrection; Limited: Self Only)

Offense
Initiative -1
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 21)
Throw, +11 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 26)

Complications
Monstrous: Haynes is a grey skinned behemoth.
Motivation: Responsibility: Jeremiah is driven to stop the monster, Aliotta Haynes, that was his wife when they were living.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 18, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities -20 + Powers 134 + Advantages 25 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 177

Background It is unknown how Jeremiah Haynes became the grey-skinned, undead being he is today. All that is known for certain is that his wife, Aliotta Haynes was changed in a similar, but even more deadly fashion. Jeremiah is determined to find and end her existence. His wanderings led to him encountering Balatar's Army, and they decided to keep tabs on him. Hopefully, they can help him end his wife when he finds her. In the meantime, he is an occasional source of raw muscle.

Real World Stuff I began working on Aliotta Haynes and Jeremiah when I decided I wanted the RCU to have it's own "Solomn Grundy" type. I was unsure if I wanted to go the full Grundy route and make him a bad guy, or mess with people's heads and make him an anti-hero. While I was considering this, I was also playing with names. Since Solomon was a Biblical king, I considered other Old Testament types, and come Sunday I was reminded of King Jeremiah, and I relaised that "Jeremiah" had was the Old-Testament-but-could-be-used-in-the-Deep-South type of name I wanted. And my mind cross-referenced a different Jeremiah. You see, I'm from Illinois, and there was this "regional hit" back in 1971, called "Lake Shore Drive". If you've seen "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" you've heard it. If you're not from northern Illinois, northwestern Indiana, or southern Wisconsin, you probably never heard it until GotG2. I have a friend who was a DJ in Ohio and he'd never heard of it until... Anyway, I like the song. I play it on the car stereo when I drive into Chicago, particularly when I'm on LSD (the road, not the drug). It was by a band called "Aliotta, Haynes, and Jeremiah". And that's when I had got the idea... drop the commas!

So I decided to build two: one the evil monster, the other the anti-hero monster who wants to stop her. I've introduced Jeremiah as my "alternate PC" in the new expanded BADASS ("Balatar's Army Defending Against Supernatural Sociopaths") but it was only so-so. I think people need me playing Balatar. But "Other Ken" liked him enough that he did the above drawing.
Last edited by Ken on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Aliotta Haynes and Jeremiah)

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 am

Neat homage! I'm one of those people who had never heard of 90% of GOTG2's soundtrack until the movie came out, as Edmonton Classic Rock stations are pretty much EXCLUSIVELY trying to appeal to white trash. Which means non-stop AC/DC all day long, with the occasional playing of the same 1-2 Aerosmith, Stones & Zep songs. Plus The Tragically Hip for Canadian Content regulations.

So all of it has to be "tough" or "bluesy" or something- you NEVER get to hear soft ballad-y type stuff like Brandy or Lake Shore Drive, which stunned a lot of Americans I talk to.

Ken

Post by Ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 am
Neat homage! I'm one of those people who had never heard of 90% of GOTG2's soundtrack until the movie came out, as Edmonton Classic Rock stations are pretty much EXCLUSIVELY trying to appeal to white trash. Which means non-stop AC/DC all day long, with the occasional playing of the same 1-2 Aerosmith, Stones & Zep songs. Plus The Tragically Hip for Canadian Content regulations.

So all of it has to be "tough" or "bluesy" or something- you NEVER get to hear soft ballad-y type stuff like Brandy or Lake Shore Drive, which stunned a lot of Americans I talk to.
Just the idea that AC/DC and Aerosmith are now classic rock.... Reminds me of a line from Bowling for Soup's 1985.

I'm curious about the "Tragically Hip for Canadian Content regulations".

When I was a kid, I fell in love with the music from this box of 45 rpm records. So when I got older, I kind of gravitated to the Oldies stations. Which put me in a prime place in, say the late 1980s and into the 1990s to hear songs from the early 1970s. I was internally singing along to 90% of GOTG2's soundtrack.

Also, I was able to tell my friends "This is the song done by the band that Jeremiah Haynes was named after".

Ken

Post by Ken » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:31 pm
Okay. That's two things. Canadian Content regulations must be some kind of government interference on the airwaves, and the Tragically Hip are a band.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 pm
Ken wrote:
Okay. That's two things. Canadian Content regulations must be some kind of government interference on the airwaves, and the Tragically Hip are a band.
Yup- Canadian broadcasters are made to include at least SOME Canadian Content per-hour of their broadcasts, which generally means Rush, The Tragically Hip, The Guess Who and others. It makes "The Nickelback era" particularly agonizing, as they're almost a local band where I live, so they and their clones are played CONSTANTLY.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 pm

And dude... Guns n Roses are classic rock now. I've heard mention of Nirvana popping up there, too. Stuff from anywhere before 1994 is fair game now.

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm
Ken wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 pm
Ken wrote:
Yup- Canadian broadcasters are made to include at least SOME Canadian Content per-hour of their broadcasts, which generally means Rush, The Tragically Hip, The Guess Who and others. It makes "The Nickelback era" particularly agonizing, as they're almost a local band where I live, so they and their clones are played CONSTANTLY.
There's something similar in in Italy as well.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

Ken

Keymaster I

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Keymaster I - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 7, Dexterity 7, Fighting 7, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Benefit: CoJ, Close Attack 5, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 5, Evasion, Favored Foe: Fences, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical 2: Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, Improved Critical 4: Key Shuriken, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck 3, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Set-up, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Locks/Security, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Burglary 6 (+10), Expertise: Locks/Security 6 (+10), Expertise: Parahumans 6 (+10), Expertise: Underworld 1 (+5), Insight 3 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat: Key Shuriken 2 (+9), Sleight of Hand 3 (+10), Stealth 4 (+11), Technology 6 (+10)

Powers
Fast Worker
. . Quickness 1 (Perform routine tasks in -1 time ranks)
. . Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Back at Peak: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Parry +1 (+15), Dodge +1 (+15), Defensive Roll 2 +1 (+3), Ranged Combat +2 (+9), Notes: Presently inactive)
Clearview Goggles
. . Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Perception +4 (+7); Limited: Only with Vision)
. . Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Only vs visual effects, Limited - Half Effect)
. . Senses 3 (Extended: Vision 1: x10, Infravision, Low-light Vision)
Gauntlets: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 18)
Key Bandoleer (Removable)
. . Thrown Key Array
. . . . Explosive Key: Burst Area Blast 7 (DC 22; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 17; Diminished Range)
. . . . Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged [2 extra ranks], Multiattack [2 extra ranks], Precise, Ricochet: 1 bounce; Diminished Range)
. . . . Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9 (DC 24, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
. . . . Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 20; Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone, DC 13 [2 extra ranks], Selective [2 extra ranks])
. . . . Tear Gas Key: Cloud Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 15; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 15, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
Keychain Device (Removable)
. . Keychain Array
. . . . Jumpline: Leaping 4 (Leap 120 feet at 30 miles/hour)
. . . . Snag & Pull: Move Object 4 (800 lbs.; Limited Direction: Only ways a chain can be manipulated)
. . . . Swingin Decel Line: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging)
Stealthsuit
. . Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses)
. . Protection 1 (+1 Toughness; Impervious [4 extra ranks])

Equipment
Assorted tools 9, CoJ Communicator COJ-034 2, Contribution to CoJ Bases and CoJ Vehicles 3, Key Cycle 11

Offense
Initiative +11
Explosive Key: Burst Area Blast 7 (DC 22)
Gauntlets: Strength-based Damage 1, +12 (DC 18)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 12)
Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3, +15 (DC 20)
Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, +11 (DC 24)
Snag & Pull: Move Object 4, +11 (DC 14)
Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 20)
Tear Gas Key: Cloud Area Affliction 5 (DC Fort 15)
Throw, +11 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 17)

Complications
Convicted Felon: Harrison has served his time for crimes committed while working for Locksmith.

Enemy: Locksmith holds the traitor Harrison in deep disdain.

Mistaken Identity: People mistake him for Garreth Stone, the new Keymaster.

Out of Practice: Having tried to retire and pass the torch to Garreth, Harrison is no longer at his peak. It would take time, practice, get the Back at Peak effects back.
Relationship: Harrison is protective of his protoge Garreth.
Responsibility: Harrison feels the need to make ammends for his days as a criminal and police the superhuman population to make sure they don't abuse their powers.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6/4, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 51 + Advantages 44 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 215

Background: Keymaster began his career as a costumed criminal in the late 1960’s. As a super-thief he ran into conflicts with the Legion of Champions and other costumed heroes of the day. He started out his career as an accomplice of the criminal mastermind known only as the Locksmith. After five years bouncing in and out of prison, and a ten year stay in prison, first in Michigan, and then in the Penitentiary for Incarceration of Trans-Talents, he was paroled; however, he returned to his life of crime. The original Guardian returned him to the PITT for another ten years. During this stay Harrison Lambert, Keymaster, made a very real effort to go straight. He studied philosophy in the prison library, as well as learning how to make a legal living with his natural skills. He made himself a better man. Then the day came when it was time for him to be released. After receiving his release, to prove a point, he left the prison by an unorthodox route. He showed the Taskforce one of the ways a man could escape. He relocated to Milwaukee, where he gained employment with Smart Securities, Inc. The boss chose to believe in his reformation, and recognised the usefulness of having an employee who looks at security systems with the trained eye of a professional thief. It was shortly thereafter that Lambert encountered the Champions of Justice, while on assignment. He still carried his old equipment, and chose to use it to help. He impressed the Champions of Justice enough that he became an active member for a time. But he was now an older man, and he felt out of place. He took on a protegé, another recently released convict, and son of an old cellmate. In time, Harrison retired, and let his protegé take over the role of Keymaster.

Appearance: Harrison Lambert is 5’10" and weighs 180 lb. He is a well built man in his early fifties, but he appears a bit older. His brown hair has greyed. His eyes are also grey. He has an old scar from a knife wound on his left cheek. His uniform is a black bodysuit with green trim and steel gauntlets. A gold coloured bandoleer carries his throwing keys.

Real World Stuff: Keymaster began life as an idea that Doug gave to me a few years after he had gotten married, while he wasn't playing. Doug described his idea as a "combination of Green Arrow and Catwoman" : a reformed cat burglar who carries trick throwing keys instead of trick arrows. And beyond that, he left me to flesh out the details and get the idea into the universe. I named him after Harrison Ford and Christopher Lambert.

Around that time, I was setting up a story in the CoJ where they met a lot of new characters, and were looking at recruiting them, and one of them would be a traitor. Keymaster, I realised would be the perfect innocent scapegoat. The character with a criminal past, who had worked for an enemy, but really was reformed. The traitor, by the by was the now-apocryphal dark and angry version of the Jack of Diamonds that I mentioned when I posted him.

I kept Harrison around, and a short while later, Jason started gaming with us. And before he came up with any ideas, he need a loaner character. And he borrowed Harrison, who became a player character, for a while.

In recent months, Jason has stopped playing in super-hero games, so, I've let Harrison kind of un-retire.

Ken

Keymaster II

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Keymaster II - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit: CoJ, Close Attack 3, Connected, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 5, Evasion, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical 2: Key Shuriken, Improved Critical 2: Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Set-up, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Parahumans, Startle

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: Football 5 (+8), Expertise: Parahumans 5 (+8), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 3 (+10/+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Key Shuriken 1 (+7), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 5 (+8), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+8)

Powers
Runningback: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Clearview Goggles
. . Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Perception +4 (+10); Limited: Only with Vision)
. . Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Only vs visual effects, Limited - Half Effect)
Gauntlets & Shinguards: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20)
. . Thrown Key Array
. . . . Explosive Key: Burst Area Blast 7 (DC 22; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 17; Diminished Range)
. . . . Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged [3 extra ranks], Multiattack [3 extra ranks], Precise, Ricochet 2: 2 bounces; Diminished Range)
. . . . Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9 (DC 24, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
. . . . Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 21; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 13 [3 extra ranks], Selective [3 extra ranks])
. . . . Tear Gas Key: Cloud Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 15; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 15, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range)
. . Keychain Array
. . . . Snag & Pull: Move Object 4 (800 lbs.; Limited Direction: Only ways a chain can be manipulated)
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All))
Stealthsuit

Equipment
Assorted tools 9, Communicator COJ-039 2, Contribution to CoJ stuff 3, Key Cycle 11

Offense
Initiative +10
Gauntlets & Shinguards: Strength-based Damage 2, +14 (DC 20)
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 16)
Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3, +14 (DC 21)
Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, +11 (DC 24)
Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 21)
Throw, +11 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +14 (DC 18)

Complications
Convicted Felon: Garreth has served his time for crimes he didn't commit.

Enemy: Locksmith holds the traitor Harrison and his protoge in deep disdain.

Mistaken Identity: Mistaken Identity - People mistake him for Harrison Lambert, the original Keymaster.
Relationship: Relationship - Garreth is protective of his brother Derrick and mentor Harrison.
Responsibility: Responsibility - Garreth feels he needs to take Harrison's place and complete his work, including the paranoid parts.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/5, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 51 + Advantages 39 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 207

Background Roland Stone was a criminal, and at one point he was a cellmate of Harrison (Keymaster) Lambert's and the two became friends. After his release, he went straight, married, and had a family. He had two sons, Derrick and Garreth. Garreth became a football star in high school, and went to college on a football scholarship. Derrick dropped out of high school after getting involved with drugs. And, at one point, Garreth, in an attempt to keep his brother out of prison, took the 'fall' on a posession charge.

Roland couldn't stand to see his successful son start down a path of crime. He reached out to his old friend Harrison, who had just been released from the PITT for the second time. Harrison visited Garreth in jail, during what was a comparatively brief sentence (being his forst offense), and helped the young man avoid falling in with the wrong crowd. Furthermore, after Garreth was released, at mutual agreement, Harrison began training Garreth to become the second Keymaster. For his own reasons, Harrison tried to keep this a secret from his new teammates in the Champions of Justice.

What Harrison hadn't realised was that the CoJ had learned years prior to be suspicous. The second Guardian, had kept a special eye on her brother's onetime foe, and had secretly become aware of Garreth, and passed that information on to some of the Champions' Executive Board. This actually helped, as it eased Garreth's entry into the CoJ, when Harrison decided it was time to let his protegé take over.

Appearance: Garreth Stone is 6’2" and weighs 210 lb. He is a very well built black man. His uniform is a black bodysuit with green trim and steel gauntlets. A gold coloured bandoleer carries his throwing keys, which he prefers to wear in the opposite manner as his mentor. His boots also are amoured.

Real World Stuff: As I explained above, my friend Jason had been using Keymaster as a loaner character. But Jason felt restrained. He liked the overall concept, but he didn't feel like he had full freedom to develop Harrison because he wanted to be true to the bits I had established that he had missed. Honestly, I wasn't worried about it, as I hadn't established that much, and Jason had been doing a bang-up job. But Jason was worried, so, enter the second Keymaster. That way Jason could keep a lot of the ideas intact, but he had the autonomy he felt he lacked.

Sadly, there were a few major subplots that were never really resolved with Garreth before Jason left. One was Garreth's flirtations with Charcoal, which I let Valerie reciprocate, and had the possibility of becoming something. The second, Jason had introduced the idea that Harrison, and Garreth with him were paranoid about powerful parahumans, particularly super heroes. Jason was inspired by the JLA story "Tower of Babel" from around that time (the inspiration for the direct-to-video JLA: Doom); and had the Keymasters collecting data about their teammates, to use in case of emergency.

What Jason didn't know is that years earlier I'd done an Evil Twin story that established "if one of us goes rogue protocols", so I was having fun having other CoJers quietly encouraging and helping Garreth's data collection, some of them accidently, but some of them secretly knowing what he was doing and being okay with it. However, it was still being done quietly because I knew some of the other PCs would not approve of what Garreth was doing, or what some of their other teammates had already been doing. Ironically, one of them would have been Dragon who actually had been the one to use the protocols in the original Evil Twin story...

The reason Garreth never took things further than flirting with Charcoal was despite his attraction to her, and her attraction to him, she is a powerful parahuman heroine, and his attraction was at odds with his paranoia.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Keymaster III

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Keymaster III - PL 11

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 7, Dexterity 7, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Close Attack 2, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 2, Evasion, Fast Grab, Favored Foe: Fences, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical 2: Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, Improved Critical 4: Key Shuriken, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Redirect, Set-up, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Locks/Security, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+8), Athletics 3 (+6), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Burglary 6 (+8), Expertise: Locks/Security 8 (+10), Expertise: Underworld 3 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat: Key Shuriken 1 (+8), Ranged Combat: Thrown Keys 2 (+9), Sleight of Hand 3 (+10), Stealth 3 (+10), Technology 8 (+10)

Powers
Fast Worker
. . Quickness 1 (Perform routine tasks in -1 time ranks)
. . Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Gauntlets: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 19)
Goggles
. . Thrown Key Array
. . . . Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged [2 extra ranks], Multiattack [2 extra ranks], Precise, Ricochet: 1 bounce; Diminished Range)
. . . . Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 21; Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone, DC 13 [2 extra ranks], Selective [2 extra ranks])
. . Keychain Array
Stealthsuit

Equipment
Assorted tools 9, Commlink

Offense
Initiative +11
Gauntlets: Strength-based Damage 1, +10 (DC 19)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 13)
Key Shuriken: Strength-based Damage 3, +16 (DC 21)
Shaped Charge Key: Damage 9, +13 (DC 24)
Spread Key Shuriken: Strength-based Cone Area Damage 3 (DC 21)
Throw, +11 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)

Complications
Enemy: Keymaster III holds both of the other Keymasters in deep disdain.
Loyalty: Keymaster III is loyal to Locksmith.
Police Record: Keymaster III is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 14, Parry 14, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/5, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 74 + Powers 46 + Advantages 31 + Skills 24 (47 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 197

Background Just as years ago, Locksmith had recruited cat burglar Harrison Lambert to become Keymaster, in recent years, Locksmith has recruited cat-burglar Mickey Cramden to become the new Keymaster. If nothing else to hinder Harrison and his replacement from redeeming the "Keymaster" identity.

Real World stuff I realised that an egomaniac like Locksmith would have a mad-on for Harrison right away. But after a while I realised that Harrison having Garreth as a protegé would really tweak the scientist off, and I decide that the old man would recruit a replacement.

Ken

Locksmith

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:57 pm

Locksmith - PL 15

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 6, Fighting 7, Intellect 10, Awareness 8, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Cipher, Benefit, Wealth (well-off), Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment 11, Fascinate (Deception), Fascinate (Expertise: Science), Improved Defense, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 2, Speed of Thought, Taunt, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Deception 13 (+15), Expertise: Disguise 2 (+12), Expertise: Science 10 (+20), Intimidation 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 7 (+10), Technology 10 (+20), Vehicles 4 (+10)

Powers
Disguise Kit: Morph 2 (Removable, +20 Deception checks to disguise; Narrow group; Subtle: subtle; Activation 2: standard action, Limited: Only persons of similar build or sometimes larger , Limited: Must have time to prepare the disguise (besides the time to Activate it)
Fast Mind: Quickness 4 (Perform routine tasks in -4 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental tasks only)
Lockbox Tools (Removable)
. . Assorted Devices: Variable 12 (Slow)
. . . . Blaster (Powers: Ray Gun: Damage 9)
. . . . . . Ray Gun: Damage 9 (DC 24; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . . . Computer Assist Goggles (Powers: Combat Goggles: Enhanced Trait 8)
. . . . . . Combat Goggles: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Dodge +4 (+11), Parry +4 (+11))
. . . . Psionic Scrambler (Powers: Psionic Scrambler: Immunity 30)
. . . . . . Psionic Scrambler: Immunity 30 (Will Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
Mysterious Treatments: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease)
Polyglot: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All; Quirk: Limited to Terran languages he can study for at least a day)
Shield Device in Belt (Removable)
. . Absorbtion Field and Inertia Dampener: Protection 14 (+14 Toughness; Impervious)

Power Settings
Blaster (Powers: Ray Gun: Damage 9)
Computer Assist Goggles (Powers: Combat Goggles: Enhanced Trait 8)
Key Ring (Powers: Pain Ray: Affliction 12)
Psionic Scrambler (Powers: Psionic Scrambler: Immunity 30)

Equipment
Commlink, Flash Goggles, Various Equipment 53

Offense
Initiative +10
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 12)
Pain Ray: Affliction 12, +18 (DC Fort 22)
Ray Gun: Damage 9, +18 (DC 24)
Throw, +8 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 17)

Complications
Mad Scientist: Locksmith believes that all of life's mysteries can be solved through science. He has an irrational attraction to Lock / Key themed crimes and wants revenge on his various old and new enemies alike (the two traitorous Keymasters, the LoC and the CoJ at the top of the list).
Police Record: Locksmith is wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 11/7, Parry 11/7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 19/16, Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 93 + Advantages 32 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 250

Background Locksmith is apparently a near ageless criminal who fought the Legion of Champions, and now runs afoul of the Champions of Justice with some regularity. A scientific genius, he has no true powers, save the treatments that keep him perpetually in his early 40s. However, he has a wealth of super scientific devices at his disposal, as well, as a number of helpers.

Real World stuff The first issue of Justice League of America I ever owned was #110, in which the villain was the Key. My second, third, and fourth were #143, #144, and #150. And, in #150, the villain was the Key. I have a stupid, sentimental fondness for the Key because of this. The Locksmith began as a pastiche of the Key, pure and simple, but he's kind of become my default "mad scientist villain". Rather than trying to reinvent the mad scientist repeatedly, usually, I just add another layer on to good old "Locke Smythe" (not his real name). I made him an old Legion foe just to artificially give him a in-world history.

Ken

Key Crewmen

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Key Crewman - PL 7

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Improved Critical: More Focussed: Blast 11, Languages 1, Ranged Attack 5

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Expertise: Forgery 2 (+3), Expertise: Navigation 2 (+3), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+5), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+5)

Powers
1 more individualised Advantage: Feature 1
4 more individualised skill ranks: Feature 2
Key Rifle (Easily Removable)
. . Anti-Photon Blaster
. . . . Focussed: Blast 7 (DC 22; Penetrating 7)
. . . . More Focussed: Blast 11 (DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical; Inaccurate 2: -4)
. . . . Pulsed: Blast 7 (DC 22; Multiattack)
. . . . Stun: Cumulative Affliction 7 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)
Uniform (Removable)
. . Helmet and Chest Plate: Impervious Toughness 5 (Unreliable (roll))
. . Helmet: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits; Unreliable (roll))
. . Padding: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)

Equipment
Commlink, Flash Goggles, Heavy Pistol

Offense
Initiative +1
Focussed: Blast 7, +7 (DC 22)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Heavy Pistol, +7 (DC 19)
More Focussed: Blast 11, +3 (DC 26)
Pulsed: Blast 7, +7 (DC 22)
Stun: Cumulative Affliction 7, +7 (DC Fort 17)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Loyalty: The Key Crewmen are loyal to Locksmith.
Police Record: Key Crewmen are wanted by local and federal law enforcement agencies.

Languages
English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 2, Toughness 7/5, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 23 + Advantages 10 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 78

Background Because the Locksmith sometimes needs human henchmen....

Real World Stuff The first henchmen I gave Locksmith. In most of the Locksmith's appearances, his androids are still in the Uncanny Valley.

Ken

Clockwork Ninjas

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Clockwork Ninjas - PL 8

Strength 4, Stamina -, Agility 8, Dexterity 8, Fighting 9, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 2, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Quick Draw

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+12), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 5 (+3), Intimidation 2 (+0), Perception 5 (+5), Ranged Combat: Key Shuriken 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 2 (+10), Stealth 4 (+12), Vehicles 2 (+10)

Powers
Artificial Body: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects

Equipment
Commlink, Katana (Sword), Key Shuriken (Shuriken)

Offense
Initiative +12
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Katana, +9 (DC 22)
Key Shuriken, +12 (DC 16)
Throw, +8 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 19)

Complications
Loyal: The Clockwork Ninjas are programmed to only listen to Locksmith.
Weakness: The ninjas cannot function in an EMP field.

Languages
Binary, English, Japanese

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 5/4, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 34 + Advantages 12 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 3 = 100

Background: The Locksmith has constructed android ninjas to due his bidding.

Real World Stuff: Seriously, do I have to explain the appeal of including robot ninjas?

Ken

The Plastalloy Man

Post by Ken » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Plastalloy Man - PL 13

Strength 17, Stamina -, Agility 4, Dexterity -2, Fighting 9, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -5

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Initiative 4, Instant Up, Power Attack, Startle

Skills
Athletics 4 (+21), Intimidation 12 (+10), Perception 4 (+4)

Powers
Fast: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Immense: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 Tough, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size rank, +6 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects
Plastalloy Body
. . Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects; Limited: An attack must have achieved a 'Yellow' result once prior in the scene, Limited - Half Effect, Unreliable (roll))
. . Plastalloy Body: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious [6 extra ranks])
. . Regenerates: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round)

Offense
Initiative +20
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 27)
Throw, -2 (DC 32)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 32)

Complications
Monstrous Machine: The Plastalloy Man is a mindless machine of destruction; a 20 foot, 3½ ton mass of berserker rage. His muted growls barely convey the madness of his programming.
Weakness: The Plastalloy Man ceases functioning if his head is removed.

Languages
Estonian

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 18, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 107 + Advantages 14 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 154

Background: The Plastalloy Man is a vastly powerful, regenerating, giant of an android that the Locksmith has used againt the champions of Justice on numerous occaisions.

Real World Stuff: Just as Locksmith was based on the Justice League's foe the Key, the Plastalloy Man was based on the Shaggy Man. I ditched the unstoppably (pre-Morrison) growing hair, and even nicked the term "plastalloy" from the actual term used in the comics for the Shaggy Man's construction.