Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Keymasters, Locksmith, Aliotta Haynes and Jeremiah)

Post by Spectrum »

Oooh! Whole lotta Ken characters... and I get to come back to see a big string of successor heroes and villains- the key is indeed The Key!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Demolition, Eidolon, Keymasters, Locksmith)

Post by Spectrum »

Speaking of the Triumverate (or something).. any thoughts lately on restarting the campaign on here?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Demolition, Eidolon, Keymasters, Locksmith)

Post by Jabroniville »

All the Keymasters are interesting- I enjoy hearing the tales of "I love Character X because they were in the first comic I ever read"- I have an odd amount of appreciation for Dr. Demonicus for the same reason :). I find the backstory, both real-life and in-story, fun because it kinda shows how these things snowball- a guy gets a ready-made character with an instant backstory, then makes a copy that's his own so he can have more freedom with it... then a VILLAIN makes a version of the same thing. Kinda funny seeing Gimmick-Users at such high PLs, but then, you run games like that.

The Locksmith is a really high-level threat, probably owing to your high PLs demanding PL 14-15 guys to oppose the COJ-type teams. Though unusually, he's focused more on accuracy than hitting power- being the "Batman" of shooting guys.

Even his MOOKS are tough! PL 8 baddies! That's equal to your average Shang-Chi villain! NAMED guys, even!

Plastalloy Man seems to be a very good Elite Mook. What's a "Yellow" result for Toughness? Is that from another system? Damn thing looks nigh-unstoppable in a fight, but simplistic and dumb all the same- an ideal "Juggernaut"-type build.
Jabroniville

Re: Eidolon

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 pm ImageImage

Eidolon - PL 14
Cool idea! Sort of mixing a Ghost Guy with Doctor Strange. Despite that, he very much seems like a unique, distinct guy, and not just some "Homage Hero", like a lot of people's OCs are like.

I notice a lot of your guys have Powers that boost their Abilities, making for very detailed character sheets.

The overall real-life backstory is pretty interesting- I've had a few similar experiences with wanting a lower-end campaign while others wanted to Power Geek (though yours appears less of a deliberate attempt to game the system and power one's way through everything). But given the variability and versatility of the characters your entire group seems to love creating, I can imagine it'd be frustrating for GMs.

As a personal experience with such things, I was a part of the first Crinoverse game, where our characters consisted of "Super-Strong Guy With 2e Grappling Rules", "Green Lantern", "Magic Guy/Gadgeteer" and "Shapeshifter", which pretty much gave us the sheer breadth to basically annihilate any threat in two seconds- one Powerhouse and three guys whose power was that they had lots and lots of powers. Try coming up with a threat to stop all four of us- my guy could match the Powerhouse by turning into Dinosaurs & Leviathans, shrink to a super-small size to avoid any "entrapment" effect, fight like a martial artist using athletic forms, or use Super-Senses. And I was less versatile than the damn GL OR the Magic Guy, both of whom could throw out any effect they wanted! Crinos really couldn't hold us back, especially since we all hit PL 11, then 12 (his later games were more reserved on Power Level).

So I can imagine your guys- most of whom hit VERY high Power Level, while packing hundreds of points on every single character sheet- would flatten just about any threat.

So I dig Eidolon. It's too bad Jason stopped superhero gaming with the group. I'll have to check out his backstory in your "Bio Post" again. Edit: Ah, I see, so he still plays, just not with heroes.
Jabroniville

Re: Demolition v Eidolon: the Sunset of Justice

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 pm The strange Demolition in Eclipse and Eidolon in the Hawk parallels.
Foolishly, neither one was really talking to the other about this. Jim would complain to me about Eidolon; Jason would complain to me about Demolition; Jim would complain to me about how Jason was running Eclipse; Jason would complain to me about how Jim was running the Hawk. I was hearing about it from both of them about both situations. And it dawned on me that they were basically both doing the same thing to the other for the same reasons. Sadly, even upon realising this, I couldn't really get them to do anything. Jason gave up running Eclipse, and Jim gave up running the Hawk.
That's too bad- did you ever bring up the "you're both noticing the same things about each other!" thing? Or did the frustrations run too deep?
This was right after Eric left the group and Neil went on walkabout. This is ironic, since one of the "injustices" that caused those two to leave is that they felt like it was unfair that Jim, Jason, and I, as the RCU gamemasters presented a united front, and kept things between all of our campaigns well synched up. Apparently the two of them felt like the three of us were ganging up on the two of them. In truth what it was was that by then Jenn had moved, Tim had moved, Bird have never gelled with Eric or Neil, and Andy kept his own council. There were still 4 regular "just players" and 3 members of the Triumvirate of GMs, but Neil and Eric ignored 2 of the 4.
I'm curious how you were "ganging up"? Was it by creating threats that were hard for them to beat, or was it perceived that you were favoring the GM-created characters like Eidolon & Demolition?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.