J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

The Joker: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Looks like we're getting to the crates labeled Villains on our truck from Gotham! And there's only item to start with when you get to that point...

I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids!!!! Now get me Santa Claus! - The Joker

THE JOKER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL 7; DPL: 9; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 175
Eyes: Green
Hair: Green
Skin: White
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Short Blades] 3 (+15), Deception 10 (+17) [Daze, Improved Trick, Taunt], Expertise [Chemistry] 5 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 10 (+17) [Daze, Second Chance, Startle], Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+11), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 5 (+11), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (No ID), Close Attack (2), Daze (2) (Deception, Intimidation), Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Equipment (8), Favored Foe (Batman), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Short Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trick*, Last Stand*, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Second Chance (1) (Intimidation Checks vs. Intimidation), Seize Initiative, Set Up (1), Startle, Taunt

POWERS:
Better Living Through Chemistry: Immunity 1 (Poisons/Toxins); 1 pt
Shattered Mind: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Lucky Escape: Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Limited [to Circumstances of Plausible Survival]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(40 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Bag of Tricks: (16 pts)
Joker Venom: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft], Flaw: Inaccurate), Feature 1 (Victim face contorted into wide grin); 12 pts
Squirting Acid: Acid Damage 5 (Extra: Secondary Effect, Reach 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt
Joy Buzzer: Electrical Damage 8, Subtle; 1 pt
Marbles: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees, Limited [targets must be on ground]); 1 pt
Razor Sharp Playing Cards: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Headquarters: (13 pts)
Abandoned Amusement Park: Size - H, Tough - 8, Features - Deathtraps 3, Defense System, Garage, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Security System, Workshop; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Acid Damage +5; Joy Buzzer +8]
Joker Venom +10 [Joker Venom Affliction +10]
Short Blades +15 [Knives +3, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Razor Sharp Playing Cards +2, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Marbles Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The Joker is completely insane, and therefore prone to irrational and unpredictable behavior. He thrives on chaos, and creates it.
Obsession: The Joker's one goal above all others is to mess with and eventually kill Batman. Any other plans, alliances, personal gains, etc. are all secondary. Trademark: The Joker’s ego compels him to taunt, leave clues and otherwise make it clear he is responsible for his crimes.

Abilities 80 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 39 + Powers 11 + Defenses 23 = 186 / 186

Build Comments: Ah, the Clown Prince of Crime. In the running for the greatest villain ever. He’s pure chaos which is the perfect foil for Batman’s sense of order. Every incarnation, from the campy Caesar Romero ’66 Joker to the creepy, Heath Ledger The Dark Knight Joker, holds a place in comic/movie/TV infamy.

I wanted my Joker to be a pretty strong street level combatant. He’s still not match the Bat, but with some thugs and some good planning, he can give Bruce a run for his money, just like he always has.

Secret Origins: No one is exactly sure. It is widely believed that he was a villain known as the Red Hood that battled Batman and accidentally fell into a vat of chemicals. When he surfaces in the nearby reservoir, he removes the hood and sees his reflection: bleached chalk-white skin, ruby-red lips, and emerald green hair. These events, coupled with his other misfortunes that day, drive the criminal through the massive personality shift that results in the birth of the Joker.

There are several variations on this story that he has told or have surfaced from the Gotham underworld, but whatever the true story is, all that is known for sure as that whatever happened to him created a monster unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

The Story so Far: The Joker has been involved in countless crimes and murders, far too many to list here. He’s fought Batman many times over the years with varying degrees of success. He’s responsible the death of the second Robin, Jason Todd, the death of Jim Gordon’s second wife and for shooting Barbara Gordon in the spine, causing her paralysis that only recently has been cured.

His crimes has ranged from the ludicrous, like creating Joker Fish and trying to copyright them, to the truly monstrous, like his murder of two dozen school children just to get Batman’s attention. As the Trickster said, “When supervillains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories.”

Characterization: The Joker is chaos, pure and simple. His moods change like the weather and he can go from jovial one second to homicidal the next and no one can truly predict when or why it happens

Friends and Foes: He had an ill-fated relationship with Harley Quinn for a couple of years, but it ended as most would expect. Still, Harley loves him despite everything and even though she is trying to lead a better life, she still can’t get Mistah J out of her system.

He’s had run-in with dozens of heroes, villains and members of the Bat-Family, but he only has one true enemy is his mind: Batman.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

The Penguin (with the Kabuki Twins): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our Villains Line as we stock more new items from our Gotham location!

Gotham City and the Cobblepots. Oh sure, we all got off on the wrong foot a bit, what with my ancestor Sir Nigel Cobblepot being part of the invading British Redcoats during our fight for independence. And yet it would only take a couple of generations for us to make things "right" with the fair city, as the Union Army's Col. Nathan Cobblepot admirably defended Gotham during the legendary Battle of Gotham Heights. If truth be told, in time the Cobblepot name would eventually become synonymous with Gotham. So much so that Theodore Cobblepot, my great-grandfather, would enjoy one of the longest and most successful tenures as Mayor this city ever had. Yes, Gotham and we Cobblepots have shared quite the long and prestigious history together... if you don't include me, of course. Awkward. Skittish. Friendless. Freakish. I was everything a Cobblepot was not supposed to be. And so, I would have to make my own way in life. There'd be no mayoral reigns or famous war victories for this Cobblepot. No, no, I would have a life filled with museum thefts and clashes with masked vigilantes to look forward to instead. A life as The Penguin. And so it went. But whatever can be said about my life, even my bitterest foes must grant me this: I've always conducted myself with style. With class. And with dignity. And so it shall remain. No matter what my situation is now. - The Penguin

THE PENGUIN
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 8; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-3
Weight: 185
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Umbrellas] 5 (+13), Deception 10 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Bird Trainer] 8 (+13), Expertise [Business] 8 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+15), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 7 (+10), Investigation 10 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 9 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Umbrellas] 5 (+12), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Benefit (6) (Status 2 – Well Known Club Owner, Well Known underworld figure, Wealth 4 [Multi-millionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Taunt, Weapon Bind, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Umbrella Arsenal: 31 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-12 pts); 19 pts
Umbrella Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 3 (Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind); 7 pts
Umbrella Array: 18 pt Array; 24 pts
Sleep Gas Umbrella Cloud Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 18 pts
Machine Gun Umbrella: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6; 1 pt
Sword Umbrella: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Subtle; 1 pt
Hook Chain Umbrella: Slashing Strength-base Damage 3 (Extra: Disarming, Grabbing, Reach 3 [15 ft]); 1 pt
Flash Umbrella: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visual Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Sense-Dependent); 1 pt
Helicopter Umbrella: Flight 3 (16 mph/250 fpr); 1 pt
Flamethrower Umbrella: Cone Area Fire Damage 6, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Iceberg Lounge: (10 pts)
Size - Large, Tough - 8, Features - Communications, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Holding Cells, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Security System; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Umbrellas +13 [Sword Umbrella +5, Critical 19-20; Hook Chain Umbrella +5]
Ranged Attack +7
Umbrellas +12 [Machine Gun Umbrella +6, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Flamethrower Umbrella +6, Cone Area; Sleep Gas Umbrella Affliction +9, Cloud Area; Flash Umbrella Affliction +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+10 with Umbrella) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Umbrella) [DC18/20]
Toughness +6 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Due to his being teased as a child about his appearance, he has a longing to be accepted and seen as an equal (if not superior) by others.
Motivation: Money, power and proving himself to be the better of those who mocked him as a child.
Nemesis: Batman.
Rivalry: Black Mask, Two-Face and other crime lords that would try to out-muscle him.

Abilities 60 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 19 + Defenses 12 = 158 / 158

Build Comments: I always loved The Penguin, from his original incarnations, to the campy Burgess Meredith to the creepy Danny Devito take. My favorite take on him, and his role in the Thorpacoverse Gotham is the "legitimate" owner of the Iceberg Lounge where he hobnobs with Gotham's elite out front and runs all kinds of shady deals in the back. He fences goods, launders money, acts as a go-between for all kinds of illegal activities and if there's something going down in the Gotham underworld, he probably knows or knows the person that knows. And Batman KNOWS that he knows…

Secret Origins: Born Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, the Penguin is bullied as a child for his short stature, obesity, and beak-like nose. These traits make him an outcast in his rich, high society family; their rejection drives him to become a criminal. When Penguin was a young child, his father died of pneumonia after being drenched in a downpour. Because of this his mother became over protective and forced him to carry an umbrella whenever he went outside.

The Story so Far: After being a long time Gotham criminal and gang lord, his repeated incarcerations and his desire for austerity have led to his current situation where he has ceased his direct involvement in crime, instead running a nightclub that is popular with the underworld. As such, he is an excellent source of information on crime, so Batman grudgingly tolerates his operations. However, the entrepreneurial Penguin is often fencing stolen property or arranging early furloughs for incarcerated former criminal associates - for a hefty fee, of course - on the side.

Characterization: In keeping with his family's tradition of wealth, the Penguin lives a life of crime, yet executes it with his own self-proclaimed class and style. Unlike most of the Batman villains, the Penguin is a gentleman villain, in control of his own actions and perfectly sane, features that serve to maintain a unique relationship with his archenemy, Batman.

Friends and Foes: As noted, he has a great dislike for the Batman. He is generally well liked and respected in the criminal community of Gotham and generally works with, or for, whoever can provide the most lucrative opportunities.

He has recently hired two Japanese assassins known as The Kabuki Twins as his bodyguards.

THE KABUKI TWINS
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+13) [Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 8 (+10), Expertise [Geisha] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+12) [Hide in Plain Sight], Treatment 2 (+3), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown (2), Teamwork, Up the Wall*

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Finger Blades: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Dangerous, Split; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Finger Blades +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: It has not been established whether they can't or won't talk, but they don't talk.
Responsibility: To protect and serve The Penguin.

Abilities 56 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 0 + Defenses 8 = 95 / 95

Build Comments: The Kabuki Twins were The Penguins’ female bodyguards in the WB The Batman series, which I generally liked. I thought they were a nice addition to his crew, giving Batman a real physical challenge to deal with, so they are making their way to the Thorpacoverse.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

65 - Two-Face

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN SPECIAL on Aisle 1 as we add more items from our Gotham location!

The whole language and logic of computers is contained in two values. One and zero. One. Zero. One. Zero. Into infinity. Two values that can be made to mean anything. The sum of human knoledge in just those two. One and zero. Two sides of a coin. Two posibilities leading to endless possibilities. - Two-Face

TWO-FACE
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 4; DPL: 9; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 190
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 9 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+10), Expertise [Lawyer] 10 (+14) [Skill Mastery], Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 10 (+14) [Fascinate, Startle], Investigation 6 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+11) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+13), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 7 (+9), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack (3), Connected, Diehard, Equipment (5), Fascinate (1) (Intimidation), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Last Stand*, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Lawyer]), Startle, Tough* (3), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Brass Knuckles: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt
Tommy Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 4; 12 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +3; Knife +4, Critical 19-20; Brass Knuckles +4]
Ranged Attack +8
Firearms +13 [Heavy Pistol +4; Tommy Gun +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: His facial disfigurement can cause people to be repulsed by him and has also damaged his psyche (obviously).
Obsession: With duality and his own brand of justice.
Psychosis: Two-Face resolves all key decisions with a flip of his two-headed coin: the scarred side evil, the clean side good. The GM can flip a coin (or roll the die: 1–10 evil, 11–20 good) to see what Two-Face will do in a given situation. It requires a DC25 Will check for Two-Face to ignore the coin’s decision.
Relationships: He still carries a torch for his ex-wife Gilda and despite their differences, he still seems to have some sense of kinship with Batman and Jim Gordon at times.

Abilities 66 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 156 / 156

Build Comments: Harvey for Earth-T1. To me, he is one of those characters that just fits at what I envision a PL9 to be. A street level nightmare, enough to give the Bat-family trouble but no problem for a real super powered hero.

Secret Origins: At 26, Harvey Dent was the youngest district attorney ever to serve Gotham City, and is nicknamed "Apollo" for his good looks and clean-cut image. He was elected about six months before Batman began his war on crime. For a time, Gordon speculated that Dent might have been Batman, but eventually dismissed him as a candidate as Dent lacked the Batman's financial resources even if he possessed his desire for justice.

Dent, Captain James Gordon, and Batman forged an alliance to rid Gotham of crime boss Sal Maroni and Carmine Falcone, with Maroni being eventually murdered by Falcone's son Alberto. Falcone hires the corrupt Assistant District Attorney Fields to disfigure Dent with sulfuric acid. Two-Face gets his trademark coin from his abusive father, who would employ the coin in a perverse nightly "game" that would always end with a beating. This would instill in Dent his lifelong struggle with free will and his eventual inability to make choices on his own, relying on the coin to make all of his decisions. Eventually, the scarred Dent takes his revenge on Fields and Falcone, leading to his incarceration in Arkham Asylum.

The Story so Far: After the events of The Long Halloween, a serial killer called the Hangman targets various cops who assisted in Harvey Dent's rise to the D.A.'s office. Two-Face gathers Gotham's criminals to assist in the destruction of the city's crime lords. After a climatic struggle in the Batcave, Two-Face falls into a chasm after he is betrayed by the Joker. Batman admits in the aftermath that, even if Two-Face has survived, Harvey Dent is gone forever.

During a much later period, Two-Face is revealed to have murdered Jason Todd's father, a former henchmen. When attempting to apprehend Two-Face, Jason briefly has the criminal at his mercy, but allows Two-Face's punishment be decided by the law. Two-Face later serves as a 'baptism of fire' for Tim Drake, the new Robin: When Two-Face has Batman at his mercy, Tim dons the Robin suit to save him.

In the No Man's Land storyline, in which Gotham is devastated by an earthquake, Two-Face carves out a portion of the ruined city for himself and takes up residence in Gotham City Hall. He even forms a temporary alliance with Gordon to share out certain territory. His empire is brought down by Bane, who was employed by Lex Luthor at the time. He destroys Two-Face's gang during his destruction of the city's Hall of Records. Two-Face kidnaps Gordon and puts him on trial for his activities after Gotham City was declared a No Man's Land, with Two-Face as both judge and prosecutor for Gordon's illegal alliance with him. Gordon plays upon Two-Face's split psyche to demand Harvey Dent as his defense attorney. Dent cross-examines Two-Face and wins an acquittal for Gordon, determining that Two-Face has effectively blackmailed Gordon by implying that he had committed murders to aid the Commissioner.

Later, Two-Face leads a crusade against Gotham City, culminating in the capturing of his own father to humiliate and kill on live television for the years of abuse he suffered. This story reveals that, despite his apparent hatred for his father, Dent still supports him, paying for an expensive home rather than allowing him to live in a slum. At the end of the book, the Dent and Two-Face personalities argue in thought, Two-Face calling Dent "spineless." Dent proves Two-Face wrong, however, choosing to jump off a building and commit suicide just to put a stop to his alter ego's crime spree. Two-Face is surprised when the coin flip comes up scarred, but abides by the decision and jumps. Batman catches him, but the shock of the fall seems to (at least temporarily) destroy the Two-Face side of his psyche.

During Batman’s first encounter with Hush, Harvey’s face is repaired once more via plastic surgery. This time around, only the Harvey Dent persona exists. However, he takes the law into his own hands twice: once by using his ability to manipulate the legal system to free the Joker, and then again by shooting the serial killer Hush. He manipulates the courts into setting him free, as Gotham's prosecutors wouldn't attempt to charge him without a body.

During Batman's absence of nearly a year it is revealed that, at Batman's request and with his training, Dent becomes a vigilante protector of Gotham City. He is reluctant to take the job, but Batman assures him it would serve as atonement for his past crimes. After a month of training, they fight Firebug and Mr. Freeze, before Batman leaves for a year. Dent enjoys his new role, but his methods are seemingly more extreme and less refined than Batman's. Upon Batman's return, Dent begins to feel unnecessary and unappreciated, which prompts the return of the "Two-Face" persona. His frustration is compounded by a series of mysterious murders that seem to have been committed by Two-Face; the villains KGBeast, Magpie, The Ventriloquist, and Orca are all shot twice in the head with a double-barreled pistol. When Batman confronts Dent about these deaths, asking him to confirm that he was not responsible, Dent refuses to give a definite answer. He then detonates a bomb in his apartment and leaves Batman dazed as he flees.

Despite escaping the explosion physically unscathed to a motel, Dent suffers a crisis of conscience and a mental battle with his "Two-Face" personality. Although evidence is later uncovered by Batman that exonerates Dent for the murders, it is too late to save him. Prompted by resentment and a paranoid reaction to Batman's questioning, Dent scars half his face with nitric acid and a scalpel, becoming Two-Face once again. Blaming Batman for his return, Two-Face immediately goes on a rampage, threatening to destroy the Gotham Zoo, having retained two of every animal - including two humans, before escaping to fight Batman another day.

Characterization: Following his disfigurement Dent developed multiple-personality disorder and became obsessed with duality. This has led to him staging crimes centered around the number two - such as robbing buildings with '2' in the address or staging events so that he will take action at 10:22 p.m. (22:22 in military time) - and carried and used dual firearms (such as .22 semiautomatics or a double barreled shotgun). Two-Face does things according to chance and therefore leaves all the decisions he makes to fate at the flip of his two-headed coin in an almost obsessive-compulsive manner, to the point that the Bat-family have exploited his "need" for the coin to their advantage more than once by depriving him of the coin mid-toss to delay his ability to make decisions. On other occasions Two-Face has even helped them when a coin-toss turns out in their favor, such as providing Batman with the antidote to a poison even after he, Joker and Penguin had poisoned the Dark Knight.

Friends and Foes: He has been a Batman foe, and occasional ally for years. He has worked with several of the Gotham “freaks” as well, but often ends up at odds with other mob bosses like Black Mask and Penguin.

He seems to have a special relationship with Solomon Grundy, who has worked for him as a bodyguard on several occasions.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

66, 67, 68 - The Ridder (with Query and Echo)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this QUIZZICAL new item for our Villains Line on Aisle 1!

You don't understand. .. I really didn't want to leave you any clues. I really planned never to go back to Arkham Asylum. But I left you a clue anyway. So I... I have to go back there. Because I might need help. I... I might actually be crazy. - The Riddler

THE RIDDLER
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 9; DPL: 8; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Weight: 180
Hair: Red

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat [? Cane] 8 (+13), Deception 10 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+11), Expertise [Puzzles and Riddles] 11 (+19) [Skill Mastery, Skill Supremacy], Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 10 (+18) [Skill Mastery], Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 7 (+15), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1) (? Cane), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Ranged Attack (5), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Expertise [Puzzle and Riddles], Investigation), Skill Supremacy (1) (Expertise [Puzzle and Riddles), Taunt

POWERS:
? Cane: 21 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts); 13 pts
Universal Remote: Feature 1 (Can function like a “universal remote control” in relationship to machines that include such capabilities, turning them on or off or controlling them like a regular remote would); 1 pt
Interface: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
? Cane Array: 14 pt Array; 15 pts
? Flash: Burst Area Affliction 7 (Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visual Unaware; Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to one sense); 14 pts
Knockout Gas: Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep; Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Inaccurate); 1 pt
? Cane Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Disarming; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
? Cane +13 [? Cane +3, Critical 19-20]
? Cane Knockout Gas +11 [Knockout Gas Affliction +7]
Ranged Attack +8 [Pistol +4]
Special Attack [? Flash +7, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+1 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Intellectual Superiority: The Riddler commits crimes in order to show off his intelligence. His crimes are often non-violent, relying on wit to solve as opposed to brute force.
Motivation: Money and power, but mostly, being the smartest person in the room.
Obsession: He is obsessed with riddles, puzzles, games, puns and is compelled to leave clues to his crimes whether he wants to or not.
Rivalry: Batman.

Abilities 54 + Skills 42 (84 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 13 + Defenses 25 = 151 / 151

Build Comments: I always liked The Riddler, especially Frank Gorshin’s Riddler in the old campy 60’s Batman series. A couple of writers have tried to take him a darker direction, but I never liked that. He’s meant to be a mental threat to Batman, and to be a lighter villain. Gotham has enough darker ones. I loved Alex Ross’ take on him in Justice where he rolls with the big boys, but really seems out of place among Grodd, Luthor, Manta and others.

My Riddler is quite a bit less capable in combat than the DCA one, well, actually a LOT less capable, but he’s pretty good on defense because he’s used to trying to get away from combat instead of fighting.

Query and Echo are coming eventually.

Secret Origins: Edward Nashton was born into a broken home, his mother was absent and his father was abusive. When Edward was a young boy, he became excited at the idea of winning a puzzle contest at school. To increase his likelihood of winning, Edward sneaked into school during the night and practiced the puzzle until he could solve it with ease. He ended up winning, and was awarded a riddle book as a prize. Since that time, he has mastered puzzles, mind games, and riddles. Edward was profoundly intelligent, and would pass tests with apparent ease, something his father, out of jealousy, couldn't or wouldn't believe, and therefore attributed his success to cheating (supposedly catching him once) and beat on him repeatedly to keep him 'out of trouble,' or to stop him from lying. Out of the abuse Edward developed a compulsion he has become known for; he constantly endeavors to tell the truth to prove his innocence. This is where his obsession with riddles comes from. Unfortunately the abuse is also a main factor that drove him mad and to a life of crime.

The Story so Far: When Edward got older, he left home and became a carnival performer, using his skills to cheat carnival-goers out of their money. But this was not enough for him. He longed for something more, and became the Riddler, at the same time changing his name to Edward Nigma ("E. Nigma"), picking The Batman as an adversary, as he believes him to be an intelligent and more-than-worthy opponent.

Starting out as a simple informant and criminal profiler for the underworld of Gotham City, as well as for Batman, the Riddler slowly became more of a villain to Batman. It wasn't long before he became a main adversary to the Caped Crusader, constantly testing his analytical abilities to their limits. Over the years, the Riddler would earn his living through various heists and robberies, working his way up the criminal food chain, eventually even securing himself a couple wenches to do his bidding. He remains a mainstay of the Gotham underworld to the present day.

Characterization: The Riddler, unlike many of the other members of Batman's rogues gallery, is more of a cerebral than physical villain. Although he is quite suited for physical combat and often has weapons ready for use, he has probably always been among the least homicidal of the major Bat nemesis.

His riddles are in fact a bizarre obsessive compulsion; his attempts to stop himself from sending them has met with failure time and time again. This extends to the fact he cannot simply kill his opponents when he has the upper hand, but prefers to put them in a deathtrap to see if he can devise a life and death intellectual challenge that the hero cannot escape. However, of Batman's themed enemies, Riddler's compulsion is quite flexible, allowing him to commit any crime as long as he can describe it in a riddle or puzzle.

Friends and Foes: Friends and Foes: He has a long time rivalry with Batman and the Bat family. While he has assisted Batman on several occasions, for the most part, he yearns to defeat him, mainly by proving that he is smarter than him.

His two loyal henchwomen are Diedre Vance and Nina Damfino, known as Query and Echo. They were once employees of Pandora's Box, an underground dominatrix club, before banding together as two biker women robbing small convenience stores. One night, as they attempted to rob a store, they bumped into an unfortunate customer and forced him to surrender the goods. The customer was none other than the Riddler who too was breaking in at the same store. The Riddler was just starting his criminal career and was looking for thugs for hire and after seeing these two "kindred souls", he immediately hired them. He named them Query and Echo and they have been his off and on allies ever since.
Nice work, ladies.

QUERY AND ECHO
PL7

OPL: 7; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive] , Ranged Combat [Firearms] 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (5), Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Redirect, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 15 pts
Vehicle: (10 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +9 [Assault Rifle +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To The Riddler

Abilities 38 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 0 + Defenses 19 = 98 / 98

Build Comments: Riddler’s muscle, Query and Echo.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat May 25, 2019 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Bane: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got yet another new item for our Villains Line as we get this special shipment from the island nation of Santa Prisca! Check it out on Aisle 1!

I will show you where I have made my home while preparing to bring justice. Then I will break you. - Bane

BANE
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 6; DPL: 11; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-8
Weight: 375
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Olive
Base of Operations: Pena Duro, Santa Prisca,
Team Affiliations: The Secret Six; The Injustice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6 [8], STAMINA 7 [9], AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 8, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 9 (+15/+17), Deception 5 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+13), Expertise [Magic] 2 (+10) [Ritualist], Expertise [Tactics] 7 (+15), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 5 (+13), Insight 5 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+15/+16) [Startle], Investigation 5 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+11), Sleight of Hand 7 (+12), Stealth 5 (+10/+8), Technology (+8), Treatment (+8), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status, Wealth, Resources 3 – Sovereign of Santa Prisca), Chokehold, Close Attack (2), Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Favored Foe (Batman), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (English, 9 others, Base: Spanish), Last Stand*, Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ranged Attack (6), Ritualist, Startle, Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Venom Pump: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts), Flaw: Activation (Standard Action); 6 pts
Venom Enhancements: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass); 4 pts
Won't Fall: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Last Stand*); 1 pt
Venom Healing: Healing 5 (Flaw: Limited to self); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (30 pts)
Pena Duro Prison: Size - A, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense Systems, Deathtraps, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 3 [DC30]; 30 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +16 [Unarmed +6, Critical 19-20; Venom Unarmed +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 (+12 with Venom) [DC23/22] Parry +14 (+13 with Venom) [DC24/23]
Toughness +9 (+7 without Defensive Roll, +11 with Venom, +10 without Defensive Roll with Venom), Fortitude +9 (+11 with Venom) Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Although Bane has pften tried to kick the habit, Venom is highly addictive and has gone back to using the drug for its strength and healing effects. Withdrawal symptoms begin occurring 12 hours after the last use.
Motivation: He now feels it is his mission to create order in the world HIS way.
Relationships: He still sees Scandal Savage as a daughter figure.

Abilities 116 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 6 + Defenses 11 = 209 / 209

Build Comments: Bane has always been a hard character to figure out. He has such potential but it seemed like the DC writers just didn’t know what to do with him after he broke the Bat. However, Gail Simone did a WONDERFUL job with him in the Secret Six, making him into the leader they needed but didn’t take away from his badassery.

New 52 Bane has been pretty good. He’s taken over Santa Prisca and has had some good run-ins with the Bat family so it seems like they’re defining his role.

Secret Origins: Born into a life sentence for the crimes of his father, he was raised from birth within the harsh prison known as Peña Dura (“Hard Rock”), in the Caribbean Republic of Santa Prisca. He was named Bane by the warden after his first murder as an adolescent, and as he grew to adulthood he became the most feared and respected inmate, the "king" of Pena Duro. Gifted with physical prowess and natural intelligence, he used his time in study, meditation and exercise to hone his body and mind to the peak of human potential.

The Story so Far: It would be the stories from another inmate, Bird, about a monster with Gotham City known as the Batman, that would inspire Bane to escape and look for new "prisons" to conquer. Meanwhile, the Warden attempted to rid himself of Bane, and nominated him to participate in an experiment to create a super powered soldier with a steroid like drug known as Venom. They injected the Venom into Bane, almost killing him, as had happened to numerous subjects before him. Believing him to be dead, Bane was tossed into the sea, where he freed himself. Returning to the prison, Bane held the Warden hostage while escaping by means of a helicopter. With his inmate friends, Trogg, Zombie and Bird escaping alongside with him, Bane traveled to Gotham to set about his destiny to be the king. His first step was hunting down this Batman breaking him. Gotham fascinates Bane because, like Peña Dura, fear rules Gotham - but it is the fear of the Batman. Bane is convinced that Batman is the demonic bat which haunted his dreams since childhood. Therefore, Bane believes fate placed Batman on a collision course with him

Aware that a direct assault on Batman would be foolish, Bane instead destroys the walls of Arkham Asylum—allowing its deranged inmates (including the Joker, Two-Face, the Riddler, the Scarecrow, the Mad Hatter, the Ventriloquist, Firefly, Poison Ivy, Cornelius Stirk, Film Freak and Victor Zsasz) to escape into Gotham City. Consequently, Batman is forced to recapture the escapees, a mission that takes him three months. Having run himself to exhaustion in the process of completing this mission, Batman returns to Wayne Manor where he finds Bane waiting for him, having previously determined his secret identity. After a brief explanation of his obsession to destroy him, Bane attacks Batman, first in the manor and soon the two tumble into the Batcave below where Bane continues his assault on the detective, toying with him throughout. Bane delivers the final blow by raising the Batman up and throwing him down upon his knee, breaking his back and leaving him a paraplegic. Bane thus becomes the only man to have "Broken the Bat".

While Bane establishes himself as the new ruler of Gotham's criminal underworld, Bruce Wayne passes the mantle of Batman to Jean-Paul Valley, also known as Azrael. As the "new" Batman, however, Jean-Paul grows increasingly violent, ruthless and has little to no regard for innocent bystanders. Believing that Bruce Wayne's way of crime fighting is now obsolete, he vows to fight on the villains' level to defeat them. Valley also refuses to recognize Robin as his partner. Despite Bruce Wayne's strict orders that Valley avoid Bane, he disregards those commands and boldly attempts to confront Bane in his home; with the villain now living in luxury high above Gotham in a penthouse suite. With a set of high-tech, heavy metal gauntlets that Valley added to the Batsuit, he uses them to shoot sharp projectiles at Bane, leaving him bleeding and hurt. But Bane is able to get the upper hand in the fight after using Venom and taunting Valley, making him angry enough to foolishly rush him. Despite besting Valley, Bane sustained deep lacerations in the battle and lost much blood. Hunted by law enforcement, it was impossible for Bane to admit himself to a hospital despite his worsening condition. Thus, Bane's solution was to increase his Venom intake to temporarily block the pain and buy himself time to defeat this new Batman. Humiliated, Valley returned to the Batcave where he built an advanced combat suit of metal, in place of the traditional Batman uniform, with many chambers within the suit that fired razor-sharp weapons. Reduced to little more than a wounded animal fleeing for survival, Bane is no match against the "new" Batman and is overwhelmed by him. Weakened and desperate, Bane's defeat is ensured when Valley severs the tubes that pump Venom into his bloodstream, causing severe withdrawal. With Commissioner Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, and Robin watching in horror as this new Batman tortures a defeated Bane; Bane asks for mercy at the hands of Valley when he asks to be killed. Despite his programming as the assassin Azrael, the "Knightfall" arc ends as Valley denies his innate urge to kill Bane.

Further following the events of Knightfall, Bane recovers from his Venom addiction while serving time in Blackgate Prison. He eventually escaped from prison and returns to Gotham, where he fights alongside Batman to take out a criminal ring that is distributing a Venom derivative to street-level thugs. Following a victory over the criminals, and the revelation that behind it is the same doctor that performed the surgery on Bane years earlier in Santa Prisca, Bane proclaims that he is "innocent" of his past crimes and urges Batman to stop hunting him. He then leaves Gotham to begin a search for his father.

Bane's search brings him back to Santa Prisca. In search of leads, he questions the Jesuit priest who had taught him while he was in Peña Dura. The priest explains that there were four men who could possibly have been his father: a Santa Priscan revolutionary, an American doctor, an English mercenary, and a Swiss banker. While searching for the Swiss man in Rome, Bane encounters Talia al Ghul and the League of Assassins and eventually impresses Ra's al Ghul so much that he chooses Bane to marry Talia and become his heir, an "honor" he had previously bestowed on Batman. Ra's then launches a plague attack on Gotham in the "Legacy" storyline, with Bane at his side, who is posing as Ubu. Bruce Wayne, again costumed as Batman, gets his rematch with Bane and finally defeats him in single combat. The defeat causes Ra's to call off the engagement to Talia and disown Bane.

According to the Jesuit priest, with whom Bane speaks, there is a possibility that Bane's biological father is an American doctor. In researching this issue, Bane comes to the conclusion that he and Batman share Dr. Thomas Wayne as their biological father, with Dr. Wayne allegedly becoming close to Bane's mother during his time in Santa Prisca. Bane alerts Batman to this possibility and during the time that the DNA tests are being performed, stays at Wayne Manor and fights alongside Batman on the streets of Gotham. Ultimately, it is revealed that Dr. Wayne is not Bane's father, and Bane leaves Gotham peacefully, with Batman's blessing and financial backing, to pursue leads in the snowy mountains of Kangchenjunga.
Bane eventually finds his father, who turns out to be the unscrupulous King Snake and not El Jefe del País de Santa Prisca. Bane, with Batman looking on, helps foil King Snake's plans to unleash a powerful weapon upon the world. Bane saves Batman from being shot by King Snake, but is mortally wounded in the process. Batman then saves Bane by bathing him in a Lazarus Pit, and leaves him with a clean slate.

More recently, Bane has joined the Secret Six, and has sought to rid himself of any temptation to use Venom again by employing tactical combat techniques instead of relying on crushing strength. He has also adopted a more peaceful demeanor. Since joining the team, he became very attached to Scandal Savage, though not in a romantic way. He views her as his pseudo daughter and grew to love her, even becoming furious when someone hurts her or calls her derogatory words. In some lighter moments, he chastises her for using foul language, shows concern over what foods she should eat to have proper nutrition, and even tried to send her to her room when he was angry with her.

Though Scandal has bonded closely with him and proven she cares for him very much, he does not believe she loves him, saying "No woman will ever love me". However, this belief does not keep him from loving Scandal as a daughter, going so far as trying to conquer another world in an attempt to give her a safe place to call home where they could be family and free of enemies.

He has also assumed a role of leadership in the Secret Six by his own executive decision, believing the team was too disorganized and needed someone to keep them in line. While the team initially protested, saying they weren't blind followers, he has become leader none the less. Though admittedly, the team does not always listen to his orders, but despite this, he's still determined to shape them into an organized and disciplined team.

He has also been re-training himself, even beyond the peak human levels he had, in preparation for something big that he refuses to discuss. Along the way, it's been brought to Nick Fury and Amanda Waller's attention that he has been spotted in locations across the globe, dispensing his own brand of justice. He has also vehemently turned down an offer from Luthor to join a new Injustice League and he has gotten word to Batman of Luthor's recruiting visits, as a gesture of goodwill.

It turned out that his something big was a takeover of his home island of Santa Prisca. He has taken over as ruler of the island nation and rumor has it that he has fallen back into his Venom addiction.

Characterization: Bane his a highly disciplined and intelligent man who is self-taught within the fields of strategy, philosophy, languages, math, grammar, and more. Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known". In prison, he tought himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields, making him a genius, as well as one of Batman's most intelligent foes. And he is at the peak of human physical strength and endurance, perhaps even slightly beyond, even without the use of Venom.

Friends and Foes: While he initially was obsessed with defeating Batman, he has since developed an unwavering respect for him, despite their occasional confrontations.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

70 - Mister Freeze

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a COLD AS ICE SPECIAL as our Gotham Villains continue to get stocked on the Aisle 1 shelves!

I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness, and pray you hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine. - Mister Freeze

MISTER FREEZE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Weight: 190
Eyes: Blue
Hair: None
Skin: White
Race: Human Mutate

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [8], STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+0), Expertise [Criminal] 1 (+6), Expertise [Cryogenics] 10 (+15), Insight (+3), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception (+3), Ranged Combat [Guns] 6 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 10 (+15) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Inventor

POWERS:
Heart of Ice: Immunity 6 (Aging, Cold Effects); 6 pts
Cryosuit: 48 pts Traits, Removable (-10 pts); 38 pts
Body Armor: Protection 4, Impervious Protection 6; 16 pts
Hydraulics: Enhanced Strength 6; 12 pts
Defense Servos: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2; 4 pts
Ice Adaptation: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice/Snow conditions], Sure-footed 3 [Reduce penalty by 3 ranks, Flaw: Limited to ice/snow conditions); 5 pts
Self Contained Environment: Immunity 10 (Life Support), Feature 1 (Provides refrigerated environment for Dr. Fries); 11 pts

Cold Gun: 35 pts Traits. Easily Removable (-14 pts); 21 pts
Ice Beam: Line Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Line Area [30 ft x 5 ft line], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 30 pts
Ice Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Cold Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude]); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Bludgeoning Cold Damage 10; 1 pt
Ice Objects: Create 12 (Ice; Extra: Permanent, Subtle, Quirk: Objects can melt if exposed to sufficient heat); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 12 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Cold Gun +8 [Ice Blast +10; Ice Snare Affliction +10; Cold Blast +10; Ice Objects Create +12; Flash Freeze Weaken +12]
Special Attack [Ice Beam Affliction +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Ferris Boyle, former CEO of Gothcorp, who blames for his condition. Obsession: Victor's only goal is curing his wife Nora, which is why he chose a life of crime. Nothing else matters to him.
Weakness: Because of his condition, if he is exposed to above freezing temperatures without his suit, his stamina becomes impaired, disabled then debilitated in a few hours.

Abilities 42 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 65 + Defenses 12 = 138 / 138

Build Comments: Yet another reason why Batman: The Animated Series might be the best comic based TV in history. I find it funny the Mr. Freeze was really a joke character until they made him into a sympathetic, yet frightening villain in BTAS. Ergo, that’s the origin and general build model I’m using for him in the Superior Thorpacoverse.

On a side note, I don’t care for his new origin in the New 52, but for the most part, I’m finding that I like most of the updated origins, surprisingly enough, at least for the villains.

Secret Origins: As a child, Victor Fries was fascinated by freezing animals as a hobby he developed to escape the pressures of his brutal, control-freak father. His parents, horrified by his 'hobby', sent him to a strict boarding school, where he was miserable, feeling detached from humanity. That winter, when the other children went home for the holidays, Victor discovered that his parents had disowned him. He was thought of as in embarrassment, a mistake to be filed away and forgotten, and he never saw them again. In college, he felt that he may never feel a warm touch, but then came Nora, a beautiful athlete, with whom he fell deeply in love with and ultimately married. He later got a job teaching cryogenics at the local college.

Nora later fell terminally ill with a rare malady. Fries left teaching and took on a job working for a large drug company called GothCorp, run by the ruthless Ferris Boyle, so he could find a cure. Using his great intellect and passion for cryogenics, Fries discovered a way to put Nora into cryo-stasis, hoping to sustain her until a cure could be found. Boyle found out about the experiment, which Fries had conducted with company equipment and canceled the funding, attempting to have Nora brought out of stasis and overruling Fries' frantic objections. A struggle ensued, which resulted in Fries becoming engulfed in his own cryogenic coolants and being left for dead. Fries survived, but the chemicals had altered his body chemistry and his body temperature was lowered dramatically; he could now only survive at sub-zero temperatures. Fries escaped, unnoticed with the frozen Nora.

In hiding, he invented a special refrigeration suit to stay alive, and used cryonic technology to create a powerful gun which fired a beam that froze any target within its range. With this technology, he became a criminal called Mr. Freeze with a taste for diamonds and revenge.

The Story so Far: His first act as a costumed criminal was to take revenge upon Ferris Boyle, a plan with which Batman interferes. Mr. Freeze fired his freeze-gun at Batman, but he dodged, causing the beam to shatter Nora's capsule. Freeze blamed Batman, and swore to destroy whatever the Dark Knight holds dear. He once joined a team of Gotham's "costumed freaks" lead by Two-Face. The group attempted to destroy the remnants of Carmine Falcone's Crime Family. During the Columbus' Day Massacre, Freeze was assigned to the removal of Edie Skeevers. Mr. Freeze and the others eventually fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave, after a botched assassination attempt on Two-Face by Hangman.

Mr. Freeze's crimes tend to involve freezing everyone and everything he runs into and stealing money to fund activites and reasearch and diamonds for his passion. In addition, he hardly ever forges alliances with the other criminals in Gotham, preferring to work alone, although he has worked as a hired enforcer/hitman for the Black Mask.

He is usually imprisoned in Arkham Asylum when apprehended by Batman, for psychiatry on his insanity and a refrigerated cell for his medical requirements.

Characterization: Victor is obsessed with curing Nora. Nothing else matters to him.

Friends and Foes: He normally works alone but has occasionally allied with members of Gotham’s underworld. He has a long time vendetta against Batman.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 15, 2018 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

71 - Killer Croc

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this KILLER new item on Aisle 1!

I wasn't always a monster, kid. - Killer Croc

KILLER CROC
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 7; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 7-5
Weight: 686
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Green
Race: Mutant
Alignment: Neutral

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13/+17), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Pro Wrestling] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+12/+13), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+8/+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Claws, Unarmed), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Croc Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Croc Hide: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 9; 12 pts
Croc Physiology: Senses 3 (Scent [Acute], Low Light Vision), Immunity 2 (Suffocation [Drowning, Flaw: Limited]), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to swim checks), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Penetrating 7, Split); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10; Claws +10, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: His increasingly more reptilian visage makes it nearly impossible for him to blend into normal society.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Responsibility: Croc considers himself the protector of Gotham's sewers and the societal castaways that live there. He protects them fiercely.
Rivalry: He and The Lizard have had run-ins because of The Lizard's ability to control him.
Vulnerable: Croc is vulnerable to sonic/hypersonic attacks, taking an extra degree of failure against them.

Abilities 66 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 35 + Defenses 7 = 133 / 133

Build Comments: I’ve always been a big Killer Croc fan, and I really like the way they went with him at the beginning of the New 52. He was still no fan of the Bat, but he wasn’t a pure criminal anymore. He took it upon himself to help the people of Gotham that had nowhere to go and he offered them a safe haven in the sewers. He was still pretty aggressive in his protection of his people, but for the most part, he wasn’t a real antagonist. But that did change when Catwoman took over Gotham’s organized crime (which was also a cool arc) so the status quo returned fairly quickly.

Secret Origins: Croc is Waylon Jones, born with a form of atavism that imparted him with reptilian traits. His drunk aunt, who raised him, grew to hate her nephew's hideous appearance and brutal behavior. While still an adolescent, his aunt abused him and bullied him by calling him names like "lizardboy" and "a reptilian freak". Croc killed his aunt and became a criminal. After countless killings, he faced off against Batman and Robin (Jason Todd), who defeated him.

The Story so Far: Croc has become a mainstay in Batman’s Rogues Gallery, squaring off against the Dark Knight and the Bat family many times. As of late, he has given up a life of crime to be the protector of Gotham’s castaways, offering them a home in his sewers.

Characterization: Croc was initially a very intelligent criminal mastermind, slowly building his own empire in the Gotham sewers. However, Croc slowly seems to be regressing every year, getting more animalistic and losing more of his humanity. From time to time, he gets treatment that slows the process or reverses it for a while, but he seems doomed to completely become the animal so many see him as.

Friends and Foes: Croc is currently working alone, but for a time he had a large group of homeless people that worked for him, along with some professional criminals. Many are still loyal to him and rumors persist that he is considering rebuilding his empire.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 15, 2018 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Re: J-Mart: Bat-Verse - GCPD, Lucius, Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, Bane

Post by Ken »

I hate his surname being "Fries", pronounced "Freeze". It's the one really awful thing in the otherwise awesome origin from Batman:TAS. I much preferred the surname "Schimmel" he had in his first story on Batman. The one where Geore Sanders played him, and he was actually somewhat -er- chilling. Preminger and Wallach, like Schwarzenegger, were horrible.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

72, 73 - Ra's Al Ghul (with Ubu)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got new addition to our Gotham Villains line and this one is a definite J-Mart Favorite Item!

So you chose to ignore me upon your return...detective. But it is a gift to have you back, a rebirth of our mutual respect and enmity. Now that you know the euphoria of immortality... now, truly, completely, you will be a worthy match to... Ra's al Ghul! - Ra's Al Ghul

RA'S AL GHUL
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 12; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-5
Weight: 215
Hair: Black/Grey
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The League of Shadows; The League of Assassins

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 1 (+17), Deception 8 (+15) [Daze, Durable Lie, Taunt], Expertise [Business] 7 (+16), Expertise [Criminal] 11 (+20), Expertise [History] 6 (+15), Expertise [Military] 4 (+13), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 4 (+13), Insight 8 (+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+15) [Startle], Investigation 9 (+18) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+13), Persuasion 8 (+15) [Connected], Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology 4 (+13), Treatment 4 (+13), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (9) (Status, Resources, Wealth 8 – The Demon’s Head, Knowledge of Locations of Lazarus Pits), Clean* (2), Close Attack (2), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Durable Lie*, Equipment (1), Favored Foe (The Bat Family), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Swords), Improved Disarm, Improvised Tools, Inspire (1), Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (English, French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Mandarin, 4 others, Base: Arabic), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Sword), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Set-Up (1), Speed of Thought*, Startle, Takedown (1), Taunt, Weapon Bind, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +16 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Swords +17 [Sword +7, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Ra’s believes he knows what is best for everyone and the world, and that he alone has the will to do what must be done to save it.
Enemy: The Batman family, in particular Batman and Damian.
Obsession: Ra’s is obsessed with his own mortality and the legacy he must leave to a worthy successor.

Abilities 112 + Skills 55 (110 ranks) + Advantages 53 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 235 / 235

Build Comments: I was almost OK with using the DCA Ra’s for my setting, but I couldn’t help myself, I thought he was just a tad overpowered, plus, I wanted to refine a couple of things that were not done in the core build. My Ra’s has his cash noted, and a limit on his equipment, just for giggles, since he can afford whatever the hell he wants. But he’s still a scary swordsman and a manipulator of the highest order that can be a major pain for the Bat Family or even a group like the Justice League, given the right usage of resources.

Secret Origins: Ra's al Ghul's early life and exact age are somewhat difficult to recount, but it is believed that he was born over six hundred years before his first encounter with Batman. He was born into a tribe of desert nomads somewhere in Arabia, near a city whose inhabitants' ancestors have journeyed to the Arabian Peninsula from China. Ra's was interested in science from an early age, and abandoned his tribe to live in the city, where he could conduct his scientific research. He became a physician and married a woman named Sora, the love of his life.

Ra's discovered the secret of the Lazarus Pit and saved a dying prince by lowering him into it. The prince, who was sadistic to begin with, was driven completely insane by the Lazarus Pit. He proceeded to strangle Sora, on whom he already had his eye for some time. The ruler of the city, unwilling to admit to himself his son's culpability, declared Ra's guilty of the crime and sentenced him to a slow, tortured death in a cage with Sora's corpse.

Ra's was set free by the son of a dying elderly woman, whom Ra's had earlier examined. The son felt that he owed Ra's a debt for easing his mother's suffering during her last few hours. Ra's and the son headed into the desert to seek the tribe of Ra's birth. Ra's convinced the head of his tribe, his uncle, to follow Ra's in his quest for revenge by promising the downfall of the king of the city. By understanding the germ theory of disease hundreds of years before anyone else, Ra's was able to infect the prince with a deadly virus by sending him contaminated fabrics. When the ruler of the city came to ask Ra's to cure the prince again, Ra's killed both him and his son. Ra's then leads his tribe to raze the city to the ground and kill all of its inhabitants. Subsequently, Ra's declares himself the "Demon's Head."

The Story so Far: Ra's spent the next several centuries journeying the world. He fought in the Napoleonic Wars and the French Revolution and became a formidable warrior. During this time, Ra's, his uncle, and the boy are all using the Lazarus Pits to prolong their lives until an incident in London. Ra's catches the boy writing his own memoirs in their original language, of which Ra's has forbidden all records. During a battle, Ra's killed the boy and fled to a Lazarus Pit, which he used. When he returned to their home in London, his uncle had vanished with the remnants of their historical records.

Over time, he becomes a master of many forms of combat, notably fencing. He also built up vast wealth and created The Demon, a vast international organization. According to Batman’s research, "It has been whispered in the darkest places for 500 years that a cartel of criminals has slowly sucked its way into the rich veins of the Earth. Many are its names spit from the mouths of men, but most often it is cursed only as ...The Demon. It has a leader ... a Head." The League of Assassins, one of the many smaller organizations making up The Demon, is thus sometimes called "The Demon's Fang" or "Demonfang".

Ra's returned to prominence and came dangerously close to realizing his dream of worldwide genocide in his first encounter with Batman. His organization unleashed a deadly virus known as Ebola Gulf A (a.k.a "The Clench") in Gotham City, putting Batman in conflict with a force he seemingly cannot defeat. A cure is eventually located by Batman and his allies, though the mastermind behind the outbreak is not discovered immediately. After learning that the Demon's Head still lives, Batman and his team circled the globe, preventing further outbreaks of the virus.

Ra's allied himself with Bane, the man who once crippled and nearly killed Batman. Ra's considers Bane a potential heir to his empire, despite his daughter Talia's distaste for the criminal mastermind. Eventually, Batman deduces a way to eliminate the Clench virus from an ancient "Wheel of Plagues" artifact whose knowledge has aided Ra's in the creation of the disease. The immortal madman again eludes justice, however.

Later, Ra's discovered Batman's contingency plans for stopping the other members of the Justice League, should they turn or be turned evil, and used them to try to destroy the group. Meanwhile, Ra's stole the bodies of Batman's parents. This theft prevented Batman from realizing Ra's was using his traps until it is too late, as he was distracted by the search for the corpses of his parents.
Though defeated, Ra's does cause the exit of Batman from the League, who then distrusted the Caped Crusader. Though some of the Leaguers resented Batman's plans, they agreed that the plans were created for the right reasons.

One of Ra’s other children, Nyssa Raatko, furious at her father for abandoning her in a concentration camp during World War II, began plotting to destroy him. Nyssa befriended Talia and then kidnapped and brainwashed her. Nyssa plots to destroy all hope and optimism in the world by assassinating Superman with Kryptonite bullets she stole from the Batcave. While Batman stops Nyssa from killing Superman, he is unable to stop her from mortally injuring her father. A dying Ra's reveals that this is all part of his greater plan to ensure that his daughters will realize that he is correct in his perceptions about the world and what needs to be done to it, and that they would come to accept their destinies as his heirs. Ra's' plan works: both Nyssa and Talia become the heads of The Demon and the League of Assassins. Talia disavows her love for Bruce Wayne, and both sisters declare Batman their enemy. However, it is too late for Ra's, as Nyssa stabbed her father through the heart, seemingly killing him for good. To ensure Ra's will not return, Batman oversees his nemesis’ cremation.

Later, Talia is prompted to read the history of Ra's al Ghul to her son Damian by a mysterious figure from Ra's past: the White Ghost. Unbeknownst to her, the White Ghost plans to use Damian as a vessel for Ra's return. However, mother and son escape before the plan is completed. After the escape, Batman confronts the White Ghost; he fights Batman, but accidentally falls into a Lazarus pit.

Afterwards, Ra's al Ghul has returns, having evaded death by transferring his consciousness into the body of another. Because his host body is decaying from radiation poisoning, he needs to transfer his mind into another host body. His first choice is that of his grandson Damian Wayne, but Damian escaped to alert his father.

Upon taking Ra's to a "Fountain of Essence," which contains the qualities of a Lazarus Pit, Batman is confronted with the sight of Sensei, who is revealed to be Ra's father. After defeating Ra's, Sensei fights and impales Batman with a cane. Determined to win, Batman drags the Sensei into the Fountain, where he is killed for not being a pure soul. Ra's, meanwhile, has taken over the body of a Nanda Parbat monk and departs. Healed by the Fountain, Batman emerges and yells for Ra's.

Ra's attempts to make amends with Batman after his resurrection, but Batman responded by crushing his decaying fingers. Ra's accepted this latest rebuke and, with the help of his men, overpower Batman and capture Damian, who has arrived to try and help his father. Ra's attempted to take over Damian, but Batman breaks free just as Robin, Talia, Alfred Pennyworth and Nightwing arrive to save him. While the battle ensues at Nanda Parbat, the White Ghost takes Ra's to a secluded place, where the terrorist appears to accept the fact that his death is inevitable. However, the White Ghost, revealed to be Ra's estranged, albino son Dusan al Ghul, offers up his own body instead. Ra's performs the transfer of souls, but the White Ghost dies soon afterward. Ra's resumes the battle and attempts to kill Batman, but is stopped by the monks at Nanda Parbat, who instead banish him from the temple.

Ra's, in his new body, moves his base of operations to Gotham City where it is revealed that a remnant of his son Dusan's consciousness still remains within him. This arrogance attributes to the brazen move to Gotham and a subsequent ninja attack on Batman, which indirectly leads to the discovery of a map of all the known Lazarus Pit locations across the globe. Batman then infiltrates Ra's new Gotham penthouse headquarters and easily defeats his horde of ninjas and Ra's himself.

Ra's later shows interest in the Red Robin's journey for the then-deceased Batman, assisting Red Robin in his search to prove that Batman was still alive.

When word comes out that Vicki Vale had deduced the identities of virtually every "Bat" in Gotham, Ra's spread the word out through Gotham's underground. This lead to every possible criminal attempting to kill the reporter. When that fails, he sends some of his best assassins, the Seven Men of Death, to take care of her. When they're stopped by a back-up Birds of Prey team, Ra's confronts Vicki himself. However, before he could kill her, the mysterious new vigilante "Insider" arrives and reveals himself to be the returned Bruce Wayne. He is able to dissuade Ra's from acting and the mastermind departs.

Characterization: Ra's al Ghul is an international terrorist and assassin whose ultimate goal is a world in perfect environmental balance. He believes that the best method by which this can be achieved is to eliminate most of humanity. Ra's usually tries to assault the world's human populace with a biological weapon, such as a genetically-engineered virus. He is aided in this quest by the Lazarus Pits, reservoirs of rejuvenating chemicals that restore the dying to life; these pits have granted him a lifespan of several hundred years.

Friends and Foes: He considers Batman his worthiest opponent, and has frequently sought to make the Dark Knight his successor. He is one of the few criminals in Batman's rogues’ gallery to have deduced his secret identity as Bruce Wayne. Ra's usually refers to Batman as 'Detective', possibly in recognition of his formidable mental prowess, and the intellectual battles in which they engage, as opposed to Batman's traditional physical conflict. For his own part, Batman's opposition to Ra's is complicated by his love for the villain's daughter, Talia.

Ra's is often accompanied by a loyal manservant, Ubu.
UBU
PL8

OPL: 8; DPL: 8; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 2 (+4), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 5 (+8), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 2 (+5), Variable

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (1), Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Arabic), Power Attack (2) (Scimitar, Unarmed), Takedown (1), Tough* (2)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Scimitar: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9 [Scimitar +7, Critical 18-20]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +5]
Ranged Attack +3
Firearms +8

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve The Demon's Head at all costs.

Abilities 52 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 87 / 87
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

74 - Talia Al Ghul

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our Gotham Villains line continues to grow with this companion piece to our last new item as our Gotham truck just keeps delivering us more goodies!

Hello, Beloved. - Talia Al Ghul

TALIA AL GHUL
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 5; DPL: 8; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-8
Weight: 120
Eyes: Brown
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Leviathan

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Swords] 1 (+11), Deception 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive], Expertise [Business] 7 (+12), Expertise [Criminal] 8 (+13), Insight 7 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 8 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+13/+15) [Attractive, Connected, Daze], Ranged Combat [Guns] 3 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 3 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (5) (Status, Resources 5 – Daughter of The Demon), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Persuasion), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (English, French, Spanish, 2 others, Base: Arabic), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Light Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2]
Swords +11 [Sword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +11 [Light Pistol +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Talia is often torn between her love for Batman and her responsibilities to her father's cause.
Daddy Issues: Her relationship with her father, Ra's Al Ghul, is complicated at times. Sometimes she seeks to undermine him, sometimes she is a loyal supporter and sometimes she has designs on replacing him.
Relationships: Despite her attempts to bring them back her side, or even kill them, she does love Damian and Bruce. In her own twisted way…
Rivalry: She knows that Catwoman holds a special place in Batman's heart and she does not like that at all.

Abilities 78 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 0 + Defenses 13 = 162 / 162

Build Comments: I’ve always been a Talia fan up until recently when I think she kinda jumped the shark with her dealings with Damian and The Heretic. I liked her better when it seemed she had at least a bit of a compassionate side but Morrison wrote her as a heartless wench that even made Ra’s a bit concerned.

I also think her combat ability gets underrated. Granted, that’s not her forte, but she’s held her own with Catwoman, the Robins and even Batman sometimes.

Secret Origins: In her youth, Talia traveled the world with her father learning from his intellect and skills, and she proved to be more competent than any of Ghul's other children. She excelled in managing his criminal and legitimate operations, and she was eventually appointed as Ghul's primary secondary, despite the fact that Ghul considers women to be inherently inferior to men. Ghul is supportive of his daughter, though he has commented that, if possible, he would correct "that sole failing" in his child, suggesting that he fears any possible distortion of her through chemical or biological modifications that might result due to her as gender.

The Story so Far: Talia first met Batman when he rescued her from Dr. Darkk, the apparent leader of the League of Assassins. It is eventually revealed that the League is just one part of Ra's al Ghul's organization, The Demon, and that Darkk apparently turned against Ra's after failing in a mission. At the end of the story, she shot and killed Darkk to save Batman's life.

Later, Robin, Dick Grayson, was kidnapped. Ra's al Ghul entered the Batcave, revealing to Batman that he knew Batman's secret identity and saying that Talia was also kidnapped along with Dick. Batman then goes with Ra's to search for Dick and Talia; in the end, it is revealed that Talia loves Batman and that the entire kidnapping is a setup designed by Ra's as a final test of Batman's suitability as an heir. Though Batman rejects Ra's offer, he returns Talia's feelings. In the years since Talia met Batman, she is repeatedly torn between loyalty to her father and her love of Batman. However, she has proven an important 'ally' in her way; most prominently when she encouraged Batman to return to Gotham City when it is declared a "No Man's Land" following an earthquake.

After Jason Todd's death at the hands of the Joker, Batman brought his body back to Gotham and buried him with the rest of the Wayne Family. However, several weeks later, out of love for Batman and the desire of making Batman love her again, Talia took Jason to the Lazarus Pit and threw his body in. Although his body quickly recuperates, Jason's mind is shattered. Talia took Jason to her father and Jason spends months in the care of the League of Assassins. While Ra’s and his servants restore Jason’s sanity, they planted a seed of hatred and distrust of Batman that they hoped to exploit later.

Livid at the fact that Batman failed to avenge his death by killing the Joker and that Batman had done nothing more than imprison him again, Jason pursued his own brand of justice. In order to stall Jason from killing Batman, Talia agrees to finance Jason and aid him in his training, so that he may then become the second Red Hood.

After Bane entered the League of Assassins, Talia's father, Ra's al Ghul, considered Bane a potential heir to his empire and wants his daughter to marry him. However, Talia rejected the international brute, regarding him as merely a cunning animal compared to the more cultured intelligence of his predecessor, and after Batman defeated Bane, Ra's agreed that Bane was unworthy of his "only" daughter.

During his travels in Russia in the 18th century, Ra's al Ghul met a woman with whom he had a daughter named Nyssa. Ra's abandoned Nyssa at a crucial time: She wass tortured, and her entire family was killed in a concentration camp during the Holocaust. Seeking vengeance, Nyssa plans to use her considerable wealth and resources to kill Ra's by befriending, kidnapping, and brainwashing Talia, turning her into a weapon to kill their father. To this end, she captured Talia and, using a Lazarus Pit, killed and resurrected her in rapid succession, leaving Talia virtually broken from the trauma of dying and resurrecting again and again in so short a time. Rendered apathetic by her time in the camp, unable to feel anything, Nyssa also planned to assassinate Superman with kryptonite bullets she stole from the Batcave, hoping that by uniting the world in one moment of tragedy, she would manage to feel something once more.

While Batman was successful in preventing the assassination of Superman, he is unable to stop Nyssa from killing Ra's. This, in turn, is actually part of a greater plan concocted by Ra's, who wanted to ensure that his daughters would accept their destinies as his heirs, and take up his genocidal campaign. Realizing and accepting this, Nyssa and Talia become the heads of The Demon, with Talia disavowing her love for Bruce Wayne as another result of her torture at Nyssa's hands.

After Nyssa's apparent death due to Talia’s machinations, it is revealed the child of Talia and Batman, Damian has been partially raised by The League of Assassins. Talia gave him back to Batman, as part of a grand scheme involving ninja man-bats and the kidnapping of the British Prime Minister's wife. Batman was unsure whether this was his son, but he attempted to deal with the spoiled, hot-tempered child anyway. Damian, effectively raised to be an assassin, killed a criminal and nearly killed Tim Drake, the newest Robin. Shortly afterwards, father, mother, and son confront each other on a ship which is destroyed by a torpedo. Talia and Damian survived the explosion, although Damian was severely injured and underwent a transplant of all his major organs.

Talia was prompted to read the history of Ra's al Ghul to her son by a mysterious figure from Ra's past: the White Ghost. Unbeknownst to her, the White Ghost planned to use Damian as a vessel for Ra's return. However, mother and son manage to escape before the plan is completed. After the the events that lead to the revival of her father and the Final Crisis where her lover and father of her son, Bruce Wayne, "died", Talia left her son Damian in the care of Dick Grayson who eventually became the new Batman. Dick appointed Damian as the new Robin whom Talia aids when he is severely injured, most recently replacing her son's entire spine.

After Grayson freed Damian, Talia revealed to her son that she has begun cloning him after realizing that the Boy Wonder has completely sided with his father's circle during their confrontation. She is too much of a perfectionist to love her son after he has defied her in such a manner, and therefore he is no longer welcome in the House of al Ghul.

Characterization: Although a member of her father’s criminal empire, and one of his closest advisors, Talia is often shown to be not as convinced of the goals of his enterprise as he is. One of the reasons for her doubt was her father's indication that she should choose Batman as a mate. Batman actually had a calming influence on her, and led to a less radical path than her father. Since then she has done other altruistic actions such as coming to Batman’s aid during Hush, or aiding in the resurrection of Jason Todd.

Friends and Foes: Despite Bruce’s usual refusal of her romantic advances, the two do share an attraction to one another (she often refers to him as "beloved"). The most obvious example of this is the consummation of their love in the form of Damian. However, the two generally recognize that they are opposites to one another but still maintain their love for one another. For instance, during the events of Legacy, when Bane was chosen as Talia’s new mate, she still wanted Batman to beat him in combat.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 14, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote:I hate his surname being "Fries", pronounced "Freeze". It's the one really awful thing in the otherwise awesome origin from Batman:TAS. I much preferred the surname "Schimmel" he had in his first story on Batman. The one where Geore Sanders played him, and he was actually somewhat -er- chilling. Preminger and Wallach, like Schwarzenegger, were horrible.
It's still way better than Blackagar Boltagon. :roll:

Whew. I'm going to have to take a break from the Gotham villains for a hot minute. After Man-Bat and Scarecrow (coming soon), I think I've hit pretty much all the A-B Listers, but if I'm missing someone, remind me. I'm going to drop more of the Bat Family and then next, I'm jumping to the C and D lister villains because they're the most fun to build. Especially the D-Listers. I'm planning on hitting a few I never did in either 2E or 3E so that should be fun.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote:Whew. I'm going to have to take a break from the Gotham villains for a hot minute. After Man-Bat and Scarecrow (coming soon), I think I've hit pretty much all the A-B Listers, but if I'm missing someone, remind me.
King Tut and Egghead rank as B listers in my book, where Red Hood, Damien, Bane, and Croc all rank as C or less....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
KorokoMystia

Re: J-Mart: Bat-Verse - Two-Face, Riddler, Bane, Freeze, Croc, Ra's, Talia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, the C and D-list Batman villains are great. I actually built a couple myself, like Polka-Dot Man and Dr. Double X. That's probably part of the reason why I liked Brave and the Bold so much. It really made use of Batman's rogues gallery well, especially the obscure ones, even making up some new ones, too, like the Music Meister! (Oddly I haven't seen any 3E builds of him around.)
RUSCHE

Re: 71 - Killer Croc

Post by RUSCHE »

Thorpocalypse wrote:Check out this KILLER new item on Aisle 1!

I wasn't always a monster, kid. - Killer Croc

KILLER CROC
PL: 10 (134 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+13/+17), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Pro Wrestling] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation 11 (+12/+13), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+8/+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Leadership, Power Attack, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Croc Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Croc Hide: Impervious Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 6; 12 pts
Croc Physiology: Senses 3 (Scent [Acute], Low Light Vision), Immunity 2 (Suffocation [Drowning, Flaw: Limited]), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to swim checks), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 10 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Penetrating 7, Split); 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10; Claws +10, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Throwing +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +13 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: His increasingly more reptilian visage makes it nearly impossible for him to blend into normal society.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Responsibility: Croc considers himself the protector of Gotham's sewers and the societal castaways that live there. He protects them fiercely.
Rivalry: He and The Lizard have had run-ins because of The Lizard's ability to control him.
Vulnerable: Croc is vulnerable to sonic/hypersonic attacks, taking an extra degree of failure against them.

Abilities 66 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 35 + Defenses 9 = 134 / 134

Build Comments: I’ve always been a big Killer Croc fan, and I really like the way they went with him at the beginning of the New 52. He was still no fan of the Bat, but he wasn’t a pure criminal anymore. He took it upon himself to help the people of Gotham that had nowhere to go and he offered them a safe haven in the sewers. He was still pretty aggressive in his protection of his people, but for the most part, he wasn’t a real antagonist. But that did change when Catwoman took over Gotham’s organized crime (which was also a cool arc) so the status quo returned fairly quickly.

Secret Origins: Croc is Waylon Jones, born with a form of atavism that imparted him with reptilian traits. His drunk aunt, who raised him, grew to hate her nephew's hideous appearance and brutal behavior. While still an adolescent, his aunt abused him and bullied him by calling him names like "lizardboy" and "a reptilian freak". Croc killed his aunt and became a criminal. After countless killings, he faced off against Batman and Robin (Jason Todd), who defeated him.

The Story so Far: Croc has become a mainstay in Batman’s Rogues Gallery, squaring off against the Dark Knight and the Bat family many times. As of late, he has given up a life of crime to be the protector of Gotham’s castaways, offering them a home in his sewers.

Characterization: Croc was initially a very intelligent criminal mastermind, slowly building his own empire in the Gotham sewers. However, Croc slowly seems to be regressing every year, getting more animalistic and losing more of his humanity. From time to time, he gets treatment that slows the process or reverses it for a while, but he seems doomed to completely become the animal so many see him as.

Friends and Foes: Croc is currently working alone, but for a time he had a large group of homeless people that worked for him, along with some professional criminals. Many are still loyal to him and rumors persist that he is considering rebuilding his empire.
Holy @#$$ with a strength like that coupled with his toughness and fortitude Batman had best have a damn good plan to take him out. Out of curiosity did Croc get a power creep?
catsi563

Re: J-Mart: Bat-Verse - Two-Face, Riddler, Bane, Freeze, Croc, Ra's, Talia

Post by catsi563 »

There has been some power creep on Croc over the years. Hes one of those characters that seems to go from scaly skinned wrestler to Lizard level antagonist that Batman has to pull out every trick in the ole bat belt to defeat.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories