J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Tomorrow Woman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this J-Mart Favorite Item that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

I hope I'm not too late for the audition. - Tomorrow Woman

TOMORROW WOMAN
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: -; DPL: 12; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 320
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Android
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Team Affiliations: The Outsiders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise [Journalism] 1 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 7 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance, Teamwork

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Quickness 2 (Flaw: Limited to mental only); 13 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4 (Extra: Impervious 4, Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 4 pts
Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 5 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 10 (Flaw: Sustained); 16 pts
Four-Lobed Brain: 41 pt Dynamic Array; 59 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic, Subtle); 42 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Dynamic), Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mental Invisibility: Burst Area Concealment 10 (All Senses; Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Minds, Resistible [Will, DC20]); 2 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle); 2 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telekinetic Objects: Create 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Tether); 2 pts
Mental Stun: Perception Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
EMP: Burst Area Weaken Electronics 12 (Extra: Broad, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Simultaneous, Flaw: Affects Only Objects, Tiring); 2 pts
Sensory Link: Remote Sensing 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Subjects of Telepathy], Sense Dependent [Mental contact]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Telekinesis +10 [Telekinetic Blast +14; Telekinesis Move Object +14; Telekinetic Objects Create +14]
Special Attack [Mental Stun Affliction +12, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +10, Perception; Mental Blast +10, Perception; EMP Weaken +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+14 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +8 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Tomorrow Woman longs to be accepted as a real person, not just an android.
Enemy: Her original creators, Dr. Ivo and Dr. T.O. Morrow.
Motivation: Using her abilities for the good of the world and proving herself to be a true hero.
Reputation: Her original programming as a tool of Ivo and Morrow that was created to destroy the JLA has not been forgotten by some.
Vulnerable: Her metallic undercoating makes her vulnerable to magnetic effects.

Abilities 78 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 114 + Defenses 16 = 223 / 223

Build Comments: I’ve mentioned before that I didn’t really read comics for about a 15 year span, mostly during the late 80’s-mid-90’s, which apparently was a good time to stop. But I did pick up a few from time to time and one of the ones I did was the JLA issue with Tomorrow Woman. It’s during Grant Morrison’s run and it’s one of my favorite issues. You can read the synopsis from her bio, but it definitely left an impact with me, and apparently others as, of course, she couldn’t stay dead and had a few more appearances.

Being the hack that I am, I too, am resurrecting her as a member of Cage and Nightwing’s Outsiders. I think after Nightwing’s experience with Indigo, he would be livid that they would consider bringing back a dysfunctional android but she would prove her worth and be a valuable member of the team.

Or I might have her in a JLA team. Regardless, she’s around and she’s pretty wicked. Sort of a Martian Manhunter lite, with super strength, durability and telepathy.

And good lord, is there ANY color but green that DC or Marvel uses in their character costumes!?!?!? Tons of it in my builds tonight! :geek:

Secret Origins: Tomorrow Woman was one of the many superpowered androids created by Professor Ivo and his scientific colleague Professor T. O. Morrow. She was created as a Trojan Horse sent to destroy the newly formed Justice League.

The Story so Far: The scientist provided her with a four lobed brain which allowed her vast telepathic and telekentic abilities. However her true purpose was that of a living bomb designed to go off at a specified moment and kill the entire Justice League. Tomorrow Woman learned the truth of her origin and cancelled out her programming discovering the concept of freedom, which her creators forgot to provide in her programming for obvious reasons. She sacrificed herself in order to stop a futuristic war machine by triggering an EMP bomb located in her body, which was originally intended to wipe the brains of the Justice League.

It was revealed that T. O. Morrow had seen this coming and was thrilled by it all he cared about was his creation was working. Professor Ivo thought that the body he had made, which was realistic enough to fool even Superman's and the Martian Manhunter's heightened senses. T. O. Morrow proved him wrong however, as the brain he himself had created was sophisticated and human enough to develop her own personality and feelings, and turned against her creators. After Tomorrow Woman's destruction, she was immortalized as a statue that was erected in the Garden of Heroes.

However, Tomorrow Woman would not remain dead. Her remains were found and restored by Henry Pym, who believed he could find answers to defeating Ultron through the amazing sophistication of her brain. She aided him in defeating Ultron and with a new lease on life, she is given a civilian identity of GBS TV reporter Clara Kendall, while also fighting crime as Tomorrow Woman.

Desiring a telepath for their new Outsider team, Luke Cage and Wolverine brought her into The Outsiders, much to the initial outrage of Nightwing. After his experience with Indigo in his original Outsiders team, he wanted nothing to do with another “reclamation project killer android”. But she has proven herself to the team on several occasions and he has slowly grown to trust her. Still, unbeknownst to the rest of the time, he carries a failsafe device created by Pym to neutralize her if the need arises.

Characterization: Tomorrow Woman has transcended her original programming to become a true hero with a great regard for human life and a desire to make the world a better place.

Friends and Foes: She is becoming close to her Outsiders teammates, and has the respect of several current and former members of the JLA who recall her original sacrifice.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Black Lightning: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a couple of BLACK LIGHT SPECIALS before we wrap things up for the night! Check this one out on Aisle 1!

Justice-- like lightning-- should ever appear to some men hope to other men, fear. - Black Lightning

BLACK LIGHTNING
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 2; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 182
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: JLAXI; Justice League; X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+12), Deception (+3), Expertise [Teacher] 3 (+7), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+9) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Electrical Control] 5 (+10), Stealth 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Krakoan, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Chain Lightning, Lightning Blast, Taser), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Living Outlet: Features 1 (You can power electrical devices as if you were a battery or standard electrical outlet simply by touching or holding the device or its power cord); 1 pt
Human Spot Welder: Features 1 (You can do spot-welding by touch, like an arc-welder. This may also be a capability of Precise Electrical Damage effects); 1 pt
Human Defibrilator: Features 1 (You can act like a defibrilator to treat heart attack victims, automatically stabilizing their condition); 1 pt
Hot Wire: Features 1 (Similarly, you may be able to jump start or reset an incapacitated construct with an electrical system); 1 pt
Electrosense: Senses 3 (Detect Electricity [Ranged, Acute]); 3 pts
Electrical Absorption: Immunity 10 (Electrical Effects); 10 pts
Electrical Control: 26 pt Dynamic Array; 40 pts
Chain Lightning: Ranged Multiattack Electrical Damage 8 (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic); 26 pts
Lightning Blast: Ranged Electrical Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 21 pts
Ball Lightning: Burst Area Electrical Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic); 2 pts
Taser: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Blackout: Nullify Electronics 6 (Extra: Broad, Concentration, Dynamic, Simultaneous, Flaw: Range [Close]); 2 pts
Arc Riding: Leaping 10 (1 mile; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Electromagnetic Field: Create 10 (Electrical Field; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Lightning Flight: Teleport 9 (2 miles/500 miles; Extra: Dynamic, Extended, Flaw: Limited [must pass through intervening space in lightning form]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3; Blackout Nullify +6]
Ranged Attack +5
Electrical Control +10 [Lightning Blast +10; Taser Affliction +10; Electromagnetic Field Create +10]
Chain Lightning +12 [Chain Lightning Blast +8, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Ball Lightning +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Jefferson has a strong sense of social responsibility as well as a commitment to being an educator.
Relationships: He is close his daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

Abilities 80 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 57 + Defenses 14 = 189 / 189

Build Comments: I feel pretty good about this run at Black Lightning. A street level hero with a few tricks up his sleeve to allow him to hang with the big boys if need be. And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to his TV show. I really hope it doesn't suck...

Secret Origins: Jefferson Pierce was a normal man who grows up in South Side, Suicide Slums, with a dream of success one day. After becoming an Olympic gold medalist in the decathlon and a college graduate, he moved to Metropolis with his wife, Lynn Stewart. The main reason they moved was the death of his father, Alvin Pierce. He is killed after trying to open the eyes of the public to the scams of local con man Tobias Whale. They have a daughter they name Anissa (Thunder), and later Lynn becomes pregnant with Jennifer (Lightning). Jefferson is a principal at several schools and is respected for all the good he has done in the neighborhoods and schools he had been in previously. The Wayne Education Trust gives him a grant to come back to South Side to try to do the same there. They look at him as "our last best hope for successful leadership in urban education reform." Jeff sees how bad it is, mostly due to the 100 and Tobias Whale, so he decides to do something with his hidden electricity powers discovered by his wife. He becomes Black Lightning after seeing the quote "Justice--Like Lightning-- Should Ever Appear To Some Men Hope, To Other Men, Fear."

The Story so Far: He fought local crime at night as a super hero. He was the principal of Garfield High School and he got to know a student by the name of Earl Clifford. Earl was killed and this starts the end of the 100 and Tobias Whale. Black Lightning eventually defeated them both with the help of Superman. Jeff was one of the founding members of The Outsiders team along with Batman, Geo-Force, Halo, Katana, and Metamorpho, and has been on and off the roster many times. He has been the leader of the team as well.

Black Lightning has fought in the Suicide Slums for a long time and it looks like an uphill battle. He and his wife Lynn divorced and Jeff grew lonely. He eventually moved to Brick City after the divorce to work at a new school. He eventually became Secretary of Education under President Lex Luthor and this blackened his name to some heroes but he felt it was his responsibility to keep an eye on Luthor as well as truly try to advance American education. A benefit of his time there is that it gave him an “in” with some villains as they assumed he was close to Luthor so he has been able to exploit that for information. Later, he was framed and put in Iron Heights prison. He was eventually broken out by a version of The Outsiders, which includes his daughter Thunder.

Jeff was invited to the Justice League of America during its Satellite years and at first turned down the offer. He joined a new version of the League later. He fought alongside Geo-Force, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Red Arrow, Vixen, Red Tornado, Hawkgirl, Black Canary and Hal Jordan against Amazo and Solomon Grundy. He stayed with the team for a good time until he is traded to The Outsiders at the request of Batman.

Characterization: Jefferson Pierce is a highly educated and skilled teacher, who is widely regarded as the country's number one educator. Jefferson is known to have single handedly been the driving force in turning various decaying public education schools and facilities in various cities in country into the finest in the nation.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his daughters, Thunder and Lighting, and remains on good terms with his ex-wife Lynn. He is one of the few heroes to have earned Batman’s trust and is also close to other superheroes like Luke Cage, Superman and his other Outsiders and Justice League teammates.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

215 - Black Bolt

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This BLACK LIGHT SPECIAL is sounding off on Aisle 2!

.... - Black Bolt

BLACK BOLT
PL18

OPL: 18; SPL: -; DPL: 13; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220
Race: Inhuman
Base of Operations: New Attilan
Team Affiliations: Inhuman Royal Family; JLAXI; The Illuminati

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7 [11], STAMINA 9, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 5 (+12/+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+13), Deception (+5), Expertise [Aristocracy] 11 (+13), Insight 6 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 5 (+10), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+5), Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (6) (Status, Wealth, Resources 6 – King of the Inhumans), Close Attack (1), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (2), Languages (2) (Kree, Sign Language, 3 others, Base: English), Leadership, Lionheart*, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (7)

POWERS:
Inhuman Physiology: Protection 3, Immunity 7 (Environmental Heat, Environmental Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Vacuum, Suffocation), Feature 1 (Longevity), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 12 pts
Soulmate: Senses 1 (Communication Link [Mental; Medusa]); 1 pt
Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
The Voice: 128 pt Array; 131 pts
Whisper Cone: Cone Area Sonic Damage 16 (Extra: Cone Area x6 [1800 ft cone], Increased Duration [Concentration]); 128 pts
Whisper Burst: Burst Area Sonic Damage 16 (Extra: Burst Area x6 [1800 ft radius], Increased Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt
Shout Burst: Burst Area Sonic Damage 18 (Extra: Burst Area x6 [1800 ft radius], Increased Duration [Concentration], Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Stunning Whisper: Cone Area Affliction 16 (Sonic; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cone Area x6 [1800 ft cone], Increased Duration [Concentration]); 1 pt

Scream: Features 1 (Extraordinary Effort for +2 ranks on The Voice); 1 pt
Electron Mastery: 26 pt Array; 30 pts
Electron Blast: Ranged Energy Damage 13; 26 pts
Master Blow: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 8 (Extra: Dangerous 4, Penetrating 10, Flaw: Tiring); 1 pt
Electron Strength Enhancement: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Strength 1 (100 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt
Electron Manipulation: Create 8 (Electron Objects; Extra: Movable, Tether); 1 pt
Electron Force Field: Protection 4 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Extra: Affects Others, Flaw: Sustained); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +11 [Master Blow +15, Critical 16-20]
Unarmed +13 [Unarmed +7; Enhanced Strength Unarmed +11]
Ranged Attack +11 [Electron Blast +13; Electron Manipulation Create +8]
The Voice [Whisper +16, Burst/Cone Area; Stunning Whisper +16, Cone Area; Shout +18, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +12 (+16 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +9, Will +9 (+11 vs. Fear Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: If he is not careful with his voice, he can destroy a lot more than he intends.
Disability: He cannot speak unless he needs to use his powerful voice, otherwise he must communicate with sign or body language.
Enemy: Vulcan, Maximus the Mad (sometimes).
Power Loss: If he loses his tuning fork, he can completely lose or lose control of his powers.
Relationships: His wife Medusa, the Inhuman Royal Family.
Responsibility: The Inhuman race.
Weakness: The Inhumans are all vulnerable to pollutants and toxins if not given a weekly dose of serum.

Abilities 94 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 191 + Defenses 9 = 341 / 341

Build Comments: I didn’t really get Black Bolt as a cool character until my geek rebirth about 10 years ago. When I read comics in the 70s and 80s, I just didn’t think the Inhumans were all that. As I have gotten older, I find them fascinating. Especially their silent leader, Blackagar Boltagon. Granted, Vulcan took him out (and himself) in War of Kings, but I knew he'd be back. You can’t keep a good electron manipulator down.

Medusa has taken over as true leader of the Inhumans but he's still their biggest gun and will always be a compelling character, even if he rarely speaks. But when he does...

Secret Origins: Black Bolt was born to two of Attilan's top geneticists, Agon, head of the ruling Council of Genetics, and Rynda, director of the Prenatal Care Center. Subjected to the mutagenic Terrigen Mist while still an embryo, Blackagar was born with strange powers surpassing even the Inhumans' norm. As an infant, he demonstrated certain energy-manipulative abilities which he could not yet control, particularly that of producing quasi-sonic energy of great destructive potential. To protect the community, he was placed inside a sound-proofed chamber and given an energy-harnessing suit. There he was schooled in the art of controlling his powers until the age of nineteen, when he was permitted to enter society.

The Story so Far: A month after being awarded his freedom, Black Bolt discovered his younger brother Maximus in the process of making a treacherous pact with emissaries of the alien Kree. Attempting to stop the Kree ship before it escaped, Bolt used the forbidden power of his quasi-sonic voice to knock the ship out of the sky. When the ship crashed to Earth, it landed on the parliament, killing several key members of the Council of Genetics, including his parents. The reverberations of his brother's shout affected Maximus's sanity and suppressed his nascent mental powers. Despite his guilt and silent protests, Black Bolt was obligated to accept the mantle of leadership of the Inhumans at age twenty.

Black Bolt led the Inhumans through some of the most turbulent times in their history, including several more attempts by Maximus to usurp the throne, revolts by the worker class, attacks by human renegades, the kidnapping of his brothed, Medusa, the destruction and rebuilding of Attilan, the revelation of the Inhuman existence to humanity, and several more relocating of Attilans. Following the traditionally lengthy period of betrothal, Black Bolt and Medusa were wed.

Black Bolt while unaware and surprised, was ambushed by the Skrull Empire and taken captive by the Skrulls where he was held prisoner aboard the Skrull Battleship Ryb'ik. The Skrulls planned to use his quasi-sonic scream as the their deadliest and most powerful weapon. A Skrull began impersonating Black Bolt.

During this time, the Hulk, embittered over being placed into exile on the planet Sakaar, returned to this star system and attacked the Skrull impostor who he believed was Black Bolt because of his role in the Hulk's exile. Even though this "Black Bolt" was able to knock the Hulk back at first, the Hulk got back up and savagely beat him. Hulk enslaved him with a slave disk and forced him to fight as a gladiator. Later, the Illuminati discovered the Skrull impostor among them. Black Bolt was rescued by Medusa and the Inhuman Royal family, and returned to Attilan to co-rule with Maximus.

He then took aggressive counteraction against the Skrulls, and deployed Maximus-designed inventions to tap into his quasi-sonic powers for military purposes. The city of Attilan became a weaponized vessel that tracked down and destroyed the fleeing Skrull ships, as well as some Shi'ar vessels trying to intercept. He breached Kree defenses and forced Ronan and the Kree to pledge allegiance to him.

The Inhumans had plans to lead a benevolent future with the Kree. Crystal was promised to Ronan to further unite the Kree and the Inhumans even offered the Terrigen Mists to enhance the evolution of the Kree. However, behind the leadership of the insane Emperor Vulcan, the Shi'ar declared war on the Kree, touching off the epic War of Kings. At the very climax of the War, both Black Bolt and Vulcan appear killed in a massive explosion and the Shi'ar surrender to the Kree Empire, despite heavy losses on both sides.

Black Bolt actually survived the explosion. It was revealed that he likely represents the anomaly of the Kree Inhuman genetics program that had been predicted hundreds of thousands of years ago. The genetic prophecy was that this anomaly would bring about the end of the Supreme Intelligence. To prevent this outcome, the Kree Supreme Intelligence had ordered the destruction of all the worlds where the genetic experiments took place. Only five colonies escaped, including Earth's: these were the Universal Inhumans. After his return to Attilan, Black Bolt joined the Universal Inhumans and was presented with four new brides, one from each of the other colonies.

They returned to Earth to help defeat the last four Reeds of the Interdimensional Council. They then faced the Kree Armada, who had been ordered by the resurrected Kree Supreme Intelligence to wipe out Earth and the Inhumans. After the Kree fled in defeat, the Inhumans followed in pursuit.

Characterization: While rarely uttering a sound, Black Bolt commands the respect of the entire Inhuman nation and is a leader in the superhuman community through his presence and the vast power he possesses.

Friends and Foes: He is close to the Inhuman Royal family, but closest to his first wife, Medusa, who he considers his soulmate. The introduction of his four new brides has stained their relationship but he has made it clear that Medusa remains his only love and he only bears the time with the others out of duty.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 15, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: GL Hal, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Flash, J'onn, The Vision, Black Bolt

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey bro that's a good Hawkeye, bro.

Bro that's like the best Hawkeye I've seen in a while- it's impressive how you managed to fit all of his Clint-ness into 150 points, bro.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 am Hey bro that's a good Hawkeye, bro.

Bro that's like the best Hawkeye I've seen in a while- it's impressive how you managed to fit all of his Clint-ness into 150 points, bro.
Oh no! Jab has been infected with the dread 'Bro virus', that makes you say bro repeatedly while speaking or writing. :lol:
L-Space

Re: 209 - Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Post by L-Space »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:30 am I mean, I can't miss... I'm on a team with super-humans. And one god, in case you've forgotten. Even you... well, you climb walls really well. The training is the only thing that makes me special. And if I'm not special, then none of this is worth it. I gave up a lot for this life. I could have been happy with Mockingbir-- Bobbi. We could have had a good, simple life. But I wanted to play with the big boys. And if I miss, it means I'm just another dude with a bow. It means I've been fooling myself this whole time. And that's why I never miss. - Hawkeye
That team-up with Spider-man was hilarious and really well done. That quote alone tells you a lot about Clint's character.
Formerly luketheduke86
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Very nice Tomorrow Woman and Black Bolt!

Two more perfect builds of two of my favorites!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:03 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 am Hey bro that's a good Hawkeye, bro.

Oh no! Jab has been infected with the dread 'Bro virus', that makes you say bro repeatedly while speaking or writing. :lol:
Thanks, bro. And thanks, bro. The Tracksuit Dracula's don't spread vampirism, bro. They spread that Bro Virus.

Bro. :)

Thorpocalypse

Re: 209 - Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

L-Space wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:30 am I mean, I can't miss... I'm on a team with super-humans. And one god, in case you've forgotten. Even you... well, you climb walls really well. The training is the only thing that makes me special. And if I'm not special, then none of this is worth it. I gave up a lot for this life. I could have been happy with Mockingbir-- Bobbi. We could have had a good, simple life. But I wanted to play with the big boys. And if I miss, it means I'm just another dude with a bow. It means I've been fooling myself this whole time. And that's why I never miss. - Hawkeye
That team-up with Spider-man was hilarious and really well done. That quote alone tells you a lot about Clint's character.
No doubt. I generally tried to pick new quotes for my builds here but there's some that are just too fitting for the character to go with anything else. That is one of them.
Thorpocalypse

216 - Medusa

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece (well, historically anyway) to last new item that is getting stocked on Aisle 2!

I am an accidental queen, Karnak. I never asked for this office. Ahura will take his father's place on the throne as soon as he is of age. I will not allow anyone to usurp his succession. So I am queen, and I will hold the throne in faith for my son. And I will stay queen until he is fit to rule. - Medusa

MEDUSA
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 135
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Team Affiliations: Inhuman Royal Family;

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+8/+10), Close Combat [Hair] 4 (+11), Deception 4 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Aristocracy] 10 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation (+4), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Hair] 2 (+9), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (4 [5]) (Ambidexterity, Status 4 – Queen of The Inhumans), Chokehold, Defensive Roll (1), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2 [Limited to Hair Effects], Improved Trip, Leadership, Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Inhuman Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Soulmate: Sense 1 (Communication Link [Mental; Black Bolt]); 1 pt
Prehensile Hair: Enhanced Advantages 10 (Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2 [Limited to Hair Effects], Improved Trip), Elongation 2 (30 ft; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Enhanced Strength 2 (3200 lbs; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Extra Limbs 5 (Hair Tentacles), Movement 2 (Sure-footed [Reduce penalty by rank] , Wall-Crawling [Speed rank -1]); 19 pts
Hair Shield: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense); 9 pts
Hair Gliding: Movement 1 (Safe Fall); 2 pts
I Whip My Hair Back and Forth: 34 pt Dynamic Array; 42 pts
Hair Snare: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 34 pts
Hair Lash: Multiattack Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Sonic]); 2 pts
Hair Burst: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Hair Fan: Cone Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Vulnerable, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery); 2 pts
Hair Net: Deflect 13 (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5 (+13 for Hair Effects)
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +5; Hair Unarmed +7]
Hair Lash +11 [Hair Lash +11, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +7
Hair Net +9 [Hair Net Deflect +13]
Special Attack [Hair Burst +11, Burst Area; Hair Snare Affliction +11, Burst Area ; Hair Fan Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+13 with Hair Shield) [DC19/23] Parry +9 (+13 with Hair Shield) [DC19/23]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Medusa can come off as aloof and arrogant at times because of her confidence and lifetime of training in carrying herself as a queen.
Prejudice: The Inhumans have always been watched with a wary eye by the human world.
Relationships: Her sister Medusa, the rest of the Inhuman Royal Family and above all, to her husband, Black Bolt.
Responsibility: Queen of the Inhumans.
Weakness: The Inhumans are all vulnerable to pollutants and toxins if not given a weekly dose of serum.

Abilities 72 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 75 + Defenses 10 = 191 / 191

Build Comments: Medusa, the Queen of the Inhumans, has really gotten a push lately. War of Kings made her out to be a pretty hearless queen bitch, whereas she was previously portrayed as just kind of haughty. Then she was back to her slightly snobby self in FF. I highly recommend that book. Anyway, after Inhumanity, she became THE ruler of The Inhumans, making Black Bolt take a back seat and she became more magnanimous and even keel and has become one of the leaders of the superhero community.

I've always thought she was an underrated bad ass. She's had good showings against the FF back in the day and pretty much pwned Spidey and Venom in separate conflicts. I thought about making her a PL12, but with her Burst Area affects, I think she's pretty wicked as is. And of course, if she gets in over her head, her hubby can usually bail her out with no trouble.

Secret Origins: Medusalith Amaquelin was born to Quelin and Ambur, to nutritionists Quelin and Ambur, who were both Inhumans. Crystal is Medusa's younger sister. Quelin was the brother of Rynda, the wife of King Agon. Because of that family connection, Medusalith was considered a member of Attilan's Royal Family. Her parents had elected to expose her to the Terrigen Mists when she was young, which gave her a long, thick head of red hair which she could use like an appurtenance. She became widely known by her shortened name "Medusa," after the woman in Greek mythology who had actual snakes for hair.

During her adolescent years Medusa would often visit her distant cousin Black Bolt during his confinement, and she learned to communicate with him through body language. During the course of these visits, the two fell in love and became engaged. She attended Black Bolt's release from his isolation cell at the age of eighteen, and witnessed the first confrontation between Black Bolt and his insane brother Maximus the Mad.

The Story so Far: Maximus also claimed to be in love with Medusa, and has made frequent attempts to usurp both the throne of Attilan as well as his brother's bride-to-be. It was in Maximus' first successful attempt to take the throne that Medusa was knocked off a sky-sled by the Trikon and afflicted with amnesia. She left Attilan, and wandered Europe as a thief. While wandering through Europe, she comes to the attention of The Wizard, who is seeking a worthy female to become the fourth member of his new quartet, the Frightful Four, nemeses of the Fantastic Four. The initial incarnation of the team also included Sandman and Paste Pot Pete (now known as The Trapster). The red-haired villainess performs superbly in the Frightful Four's first battle with the Fantastic Four. They oppose the FF several times before she pursued by Gorgon on behalf of Maximus. It was some time before the disastrous effects of worldly pollution on the Inhumans was known, but eventually Medusa regained her senses and joined forces with the Fantastic Four against Maximus. She was reunited with Black Bolt, who had been searching for her, and returned to Attilan. However, she became trapped in Atillan by the "negative zone" barrier created by Maximus. She was eventually freed from the barrier by Black Bolt, and left the Great Refuge to visit the outside world as an adventurer. The Fantastic Four became friends and allies and aided the Inhumans on several occasions, such as during the frequent power struggles between Black Bolt and the deranged Maximus.

Medusa has been known to join the Fantastic Four as a team member for brief periods of time.. Through her relations with the Fantastic Four, Medusa and Black Bolt have sought to achieve an understanding and peace between the races of Earth and Attilan. Nevertheless, the Inhumans have been forced to relocate their home of Attilan several times due to unwarranted human hostility.

Black Bolt would eventually become the king of the Inhumans upon the death of his parents. Medusa oversaw the moving of Attilan to the Blue Area of the Moon. Alongside the Inhuman Royal Family, she battled the Avengers under Maximus's mind control. Medusa and Black Bolt were then married and Medusa was made queen, becoming both royal consort and royal interpreter. When Medusa became pregnant, Attilan's Genetics Council argued that the pregnancy should be terminated due to the possibility of the child inheriting Maximus' insanity coupled with Black Bolt's immense and destructive power. Medusa defied the Council and fled to Earth to avoid the compulsory abortion and live anonymously in the desert until the child was born, a son named Ahura. Black Bolt reconciled with Medusa and the pair returned to Attilan and turned their infant son over to the Genetics Council. Following these events Ahura was not mentioned or seen in the Marvel Universe for several years.

After the Inhuman Royal Family moved Attilan to Hala to begin their rule over the Kree Empire, which was something they were made to do, war broke out between them and the Shi-ar Empire, led by the unstable Vulcan. When Black Bolt attempted to end the war with the Terrigen Bomb, it created a massive fissure in space and time known as the Fault. It also took Black Bolt and Vulcan's lives. Having won the war, Medusa became queen of both the Kree and the Shi'ar.

With the grief of losing her husband, Medusa took the role of leader very seriously, acting how a queen should. She realized that there was still considerable tension between the Inhumans and the Kree, especially after the loss of Black Bolt. She proved on several occasions that the Kree needed the Inhumans by saving them from a rogue Destructoid called Devos the Devastator, and a revolt of the Alpha Primitives. The other Inhumans soon discovered that Maximus was behind those plots, but after they caught him, Medusa released him, claiming to have put Maximus up to it. Much to the disagreement of others, specifically Gorgon, Crystal and Ronan, Medusa has strived to force a positive relationship between the Inhumans and the Kree.

Black Bolt actually survived the explosion. It was revealed that he likely represents the anomaly of the Kree Inhuman genetics program that had been predicted hundreds of thousands of years ago. The genetic prophecy was that this anomaly would bring about the end of the Supreme Intelligence. To prevent this outcome, the Kree Supreme Intelligence had ordered the destruction of all the worlds where the genetic experiments took place. Only five colonies escaped, including Earth's: these were the Universal Inhumans. After his return to Attilan, Black Bolt joined the Universal Inhumans and was presented with four new brides, one from each of the other colonies. This did not sit well with Medusa, but she remained loyal to her husband.

They returned to Earth to help defeat the last four Reeds of the Interdimensional Council. They then faced the Kree Armada, who had been ordered by the resurrected Kree Supreme Intelligence to wipe out Earth and the Inhumans. After the Kree fled in defeat, the Inhumans followed in pursuit.

Characterization: Medusa's primary role among the Inhumans is as interpreter for her liege and husband, the silent but commanding Black Bolt. As such she is an experienced state figure within the quasi-feudal system of the Inhumans' government, and is used to speaking with awareness of regal issues of protocol and comportment. This imperial attitude is usually tempered by her strong sense of morality and fairness. For the protection of all Inhumans (her first priority) and to aid her allies (such as the Fantastic Four), she is a fierce warrior.

Friends and Foes: She is close to the Inhuman Royal Family and her friends in the Fantastic Four. She is not fond of the Wizard, but remains friendly with Sandman and Trapster, assisting them from time to time due to their friendship during her time with the Frightful Four.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 15, 2018 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

217 - Karnak

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We'll have more later on but check out this I'M ONLY INHUMAN Special on Aisle 2!

Mine is to understand weakness. And this I know... So long as the Inhuman family bond remains...we have no weakness. - Karnak

KARNAK
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 153
Hair: None
Team Affiliations: Inhuman Royal Family;

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11), Athletics 5 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+16), Deception (+0), Expertise [Inhuman Lore] 8 (+12), Insight 9 (+16) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation (+0), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 9 (+16), Persuasion 10 (+10), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Close Attack (1), Combat Clarity* (1), Cunning Fighter*, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Find Weak Points: Senses 4 (Detect Weakness [Visual; Ranged, Acute, Analytical]); 4 pts
Destructive Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 4, Penetrating 8, Smashing, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Check Required [DC20 Perception]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Destructive Strike +9, Critical 16-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Know it All: Karnak cannot resist pointing out other's flaws and flaws in plans, decisions, etc.
Prejudice: The Inhumans have always been watched with a wary eye by the human world.
Responsibility: Advisor to the Inhuman Royal Family.

Abilities 92 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 11 + Defenses 11 = 159 / 159

Build Comments: Karnak is one of my favorite Inhumans. Always loved martial artists for one, but I love that his ability to find weaknesses also comes with his inability not to point out others’ flaws as he sees them. And sometimes, it’s pretty funny.

Secret Origins: Karnak is the second son of an Inhuman priest / philosopher named Mander and an ocean biologist named Azur. They sent their first son, Triton, into the Terrigen Mist when he was an infant, rendering him incapable of functioning outside an aquatic environment. Thus, they pleaded to raise Karnak without Terrgen mutation (Terrigenesis). Karnak was enrolled in his father's religious seminary in the Tower of Wisdom, where he trained in various physical and mental disciplines until he was eighteen years old. Azur died in a mysterious undersea mishap. Mander is still a teacher at the seminary.

The Story so Far: Karnak was with the Inhuman royal family when Crystal brought the Human Torch to their hidden headquarters, from where they searched for their queen, Medusa. When he met the youth he introduced himself by throwing him over his shoulder in a display of Inhuman skill. When Johnny awoke, Gorgon had returned with Medusa, and it was revealed that the Torch was not an Inhuman as Crystal had thought. After Gorgon and Triton fought with him, Johnny burned his way out of the hideout to alert the other members of the Fantastic Four.

Along with the rest of the Inhumans, led by Black Bolt, Karnak fought with the Fantastic Four - initiating the first attack by chopping off a piece of wall and throwing it at the Thing-until Crystal appeared and announced that Triton had been taken by the Seeker. Karnak and his fellow Inhumans soon surrounded Lockjaw, who teleported them back to Attilan: there, Black Bolt faced off against his traitorous brother, Maximus. Black Bolt quickly took his crown back by force and reclaimed leadership of the Inhumans.

Karnak has been involved in several of the adventures of the Inhumans and remains a key member of the Inhuman Royal Family.

Characterization: Karnak’s ability to see the flaw in everything has made him a valuable member of the Inhuman Royal Family, but oftentimes makes him difficult to deal with as he cannot help pointing in the flaws in others.

Friends and Foes: He is close to the members of the Inhuman Royal Family.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Honey Badger (Gabby): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a new J-Mart Favorite Item hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

I really want to hurt you. But Wolverine wants me to be a good person. Zelda wanted me to be a good person too. Despite everything you did to us, I want to be a good person. - Gabby

HONEY BADGER
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: 4; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 4-6
Weight: 96
Eyes: Green
Race: Mutant
Skin: Olive
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAXI; X-Force; Teen Titans

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+6), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 7 (+9), Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth 11 (+14), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment (+1), Vehicles (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (3), Equipment (4), Improved Initiative (1), Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (1) (Krakoan, 1 other, Base: English), Minions (4) (Jonathan the Wolverine), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (7), Set-Up (1), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Healing Factor: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease [Limited], Poisons [Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Regeneration 8 (8/every 10 rounds; Extra: Persistent); 20 pts
Bone Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Double); 4 pts
Nanites: Immunity 5 (Pain Effects); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Krakoan Tech Body Armor: Protection 1, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Twin Machine Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Double; 19 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +1; Claw Strike +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +10 [Twin Machine Pistols +6, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Facility, Alchemax and generally all of the Wolverine family adversaries.
Motivation: Doing the right thing and living up to her sisters' hope that she will be a good person.
Naïve: Gabby was kept in captivity most of her life and while she has some general knowledge of the outside world, she is learning new things all the time, especially about people.
Prejudice: Mutant clone.
Relationships: With her sisters, Laura and Bellona, and Jonathan the Unstoppable, her pet wolverine.
Underestimated: Gabby can come off sweet, cute and naïve, but she is a trained assassin and can flip the switch in a second.
Vulnerable: Due to the nanites that are in her blood that make her immune to pain, she may have a reduced lifespan unless they can be removed.

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 29 + Defenses 14 = 141 / 141

Build Comments: Gabby has been a great addition to the Wolvie-verse. If you haven’t read the new Wolverine comic with X-23, pick it up. It’s really good. It’s kind of a throwback to early Logan stories, substituting The Facility for Weapon X, and it has some great cameos, like Janet Van Dyne and a scene stealing appearance from Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl saves a wolverine from an animal testing facility and her thought it is to take it to Wolverine, who she assumes can talk to wolverines like she can talk to squirrels. It’s awesome.

Anyway, Gabby is a clone of…well, the clone of Wolverine, X-23, one of 10 that survived that were used by Alchemax Genetics (a division of the Alchemax that becomes Spider-Man 2099’s main antagonist). I line it out below, but in short, she’s the youngest and sweetest and has been a wonderful dose of sunshine in Laura’s world. But the coolest thing about her is that she can flip that switch from doe eyed girl to the bad ass killer she was trained to be, like *that* which makes for some fun, and actually kinda scary moments.

Being a clone of a clone, she doesn’t have all the Logan family abilities but she has a single bone claw and healing factor so that's a start. Doesn't seem like she has enhanced senses yet, but they may show up later. The main thing is that she brings the cute and you can't get enough of that in a Wolverine book. Recognize:

Secret Origins: Gabrielle was one of ten clones of Wolverine (X-23) created by Alchemax Genetics, a division of Alchemax. The project was overseen by Robert Chandler, with security provided by Captain Mooney. The girls were created and trained to serve as bodyguards for humanitarian missions and other personnel. Much like Laura before them, they were often abused by their handlers, particularly Mooney, but the elder Sisters did their best to protect her from the worst of the abuse. She was incapable of feeling pain, the result of nanites implanted in her body that were slowly killing her. With six of her sisters dead due to fatalities on missions, or as a result of the nanites, she escaped along with Zelda, Bellona, and X23_3PAR. They were assisted in their escape by Kimura, who armed and equipped them before sending them after Alchemax for revenge for stealing property from The Facility

The Story so Far: With the arms supplied by Kimura, the Sisters launched a campaign against Alchemax, targeting their personnel for assassination. Gabby, however, quickly grew disillusioned with her sisters' more extreme measures. So when 3PAR headed to Paris to assassinate Chandler's son, she sent an anonymous note to Wolverine tipping her off. Laura successfully foiled the assassination attempt, however 3PAR committed suicide rather than be captured.

Gabby sought Laura out directly in the aftermath and confronted her about 3PAR's death, as well as admitted that she was the one who sent the note. She then fled Laura's apartment after setting a fire as a distraction, and returned to the sewers where the rest of the girls were hiding. After surviving an ambush by Captain Mooney’s troops and the mercenary Taskmaster, the sisters
escaped into the streets of New York. She took them to the Sanctum Sanctorum to seek the help of Doctor Strange with what was killing the girls. After a misadventure with a monster Bellona inadvertently set loose from a cupboard to horrors, Strange teleported the group to New York Hospital, where he successfully located the nanites which were killing Zelda. Unable to operate on them himself, he sent the girls on to Pym's laboratory to borrow an Ant-Man Suit, so Laura could enter Zelda's body to fight the nanites directly. They were interrupted by Wasp; however, Jan was ultimately convinced to help them. She and Laura were successfully able to fight the devices off, but their attack tripped a warning beacon, alerting Mooney to the girls' location. He attacked them at the lab, and was able to fatally wound Zelda before Laura and Jan could restrain him.

Taking advantage of their prisoner, Laura hatched a plan to destroy Alchemax Genetics for good by allowing Mooney to escape and lead them to their secret bunker. She and Bellona switched outfits, and Laura allowed herself to be "killed" and brought into the base. Gabby and Bellona later entered the bunker with her assistance, and she then helped Bellona take out Captain Mooney. Bellona refused to allow Gabby to watch her kill him, and after the deed was done said her farewells. Gabby protested, but Bellona reminded her they had an agreement with Kimura. Gabby then hurried to meet up with Laura, and came across her making a point to Chandler about the girls' powerlessness. As they were about to leave, Gabby asked to have a moment alone with Chandler, to which Laura agreed.

Gabby approached the director of the project which created her, and admitted that she really wanted to kill him; however, because Laura and Zelda wanted her to be a good person, and Gabby herself desired to be good, she refrained from doing so, and satisfied herself with scaring him instead by extending a claw — which Chandler didn't believe any of the girls had manifested — in his face. She then left him there and hurried to catch up with Laura, admitting she was afraid at the idea of having to decide her own future. Laura expressed her understanding, and her pride that Gabby held herself back from killing Chandler as they walked away from the base hand-in-hand before S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived.

In the aftermath of the takedown of Alchemax Genetics, Gabby briefly stayed at Laura's apartment while it was decided what would become of her next. Driven by Logan's example, Laura preferred finding her a new home that offered her greater safety and a chance at the normal life both had been denied, and which Gabby was unlikely to find with her. However Gabby was upset by this prospect, as she felt that with Zelda and Bellona gone Laura was all the family she had left. However Laura ultimately realized that Logan was wrong when he sent her away to the Xavier Institute, and reconsidered. She agreed that the best place for Gabby would be with her, asking her to stay on permanently. The new home also came with a new pet when Gabby gleefully adopted a wolverine named Jonathan that Squirrel Girl rescued from a lab.

Characterization: Although abused by Alchemax Genetics the same as her sisters, Gabby was largely shielded from the worst of their treatment. As a result, she survived their training and escaped with her innocence more or less intact. Doctor Strange confirmed with the Eye of Agamotto that although Gabby had done some questionable things, she was indeed an innocent, and Zelda called her what the Sisters should have been.

Despite her training and unusual level of maturity, Gabby can nonetheless be quite child-like in her behavior. She gushes over Jonathan when she first sees him, expressing a desire to dress him up in little suits.[8] Gabby actually makes good on this by making him a costume to protect his identity, and because it is "adorable." She has also demonstrated an ability to switch from issuing deadly threats to her usual friendly demeanor without hesitation.

Friends and Foes: Gabby is closer to her sister Laura and Jonathan the wolverine. She has begun to try and forge a relationship with Logan, who has kept his distance since his return to avoid complicating her Laura’s lives any more than he already has. But Laura and Gabby are starting to wear him down.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterB

Re: J-Mart: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gabby

Post by MisterB »

So this is where everyone went xD
Been a while since I have been on the Ronin Army forums.
catsi563

Re: J-Mart: Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gabby

Post by catsi563 »

Heys you welcome to the boards :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Playtest - Spider-Man vs. Bane

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest – Spider-Man vs. Bane

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Intro: After doing some fantasy playtests, I realized that BARON was right. You have to test your builds. You just have to...

So before I drop too many more builds, I'm going to be posting some playtests just to test some mechanics and see if I'm off base on things. Plus, as my testing shows me, I really need to bone up on the actual game rules. That could change a lot of things with how I've done some powers. Some things look pretty in a post, but try to actually use the ability...yikes. So here we go with the first of a new batch of tests. Feedback is appreciated, especially mechanically.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bane has gotten some bad information about “venom” in New York and Spider-Man being involved. Bane heads to the Big Apple, finds out some of his patrol patterns and waits for him on the top of a 5 story building. Spidey’s Spider Sense alerts him of a threat as he sees the massive man on the rooftop. As he lands, Bane introduces himself, in a bit of a long-winded manner, and explains why he’s in New York. Spidey fires back a couple of quips, tells him he’s got the wrong idea about the Venom he has to deal with and tells him to take off. Bane has been hitting his Venom a bit too much lately and is hyper aggressive right now. He doesn’t believe Peter and decides to beat the truth out of him.
Round 1: Initiative: Bane– 19, Spider-Man – 18. Both characters have 1 HP to start. They’re about 40 ft apart and the rooftop is 60x60, and they’re about 60 ft off the ground. No one is surprised, of course. Bane has not activated his Venom Pump yet. He charges Spidey going AA3 so with the -2 from the charge, he’s +1 to hit unarmed. He nails him with a 35 total, almost a crit. DC21 TC and Spidey only gets an 11 for a 2nd degree failure. He’ll save his HP for now. He will Defend to try and avoid another shot.

Round 2: Bane will try to press his advantage with a PA2 and he gets a 21. Spidey rolls to oppose…and OMG, he doesn’t beat that! Natural 2! DC23 TC and he only gets a 10. Man, the e-dice do not like Pete today. HP to reroll gets him an adjusted 20 for a 1st degree failure. Now that he’s no longer dazed, he’ll try to get some distance between him and this monster. He’ll fire a web line at a nearby building and move up 20 ft and away about 30 feet.

Round 3: Bane will hold his action since he can’t reach his foe. Spidey will take the round to Recover.

Round 4: Bane will try to demoralize Pete. He gets a 17 on his Intimidation check, but Pete opposes with Will and gets a 23. First decent roll he’s had. Spidey gets his gumption back leaps back into the fray, trying Agile Feint Bane as a move action. Even with the -5 Spidey gets a 23 and Bane only gets an 18 with his Will opposition. Bane is vulnerable this round. Spidey fires his webbing at Bane to wrap him up. He hits with a 17 but Bane makes the Dodge check of 19 with a 25 to avoid the Affliction. Pete lands on the roof about 20 ft away from Bane.

Round 5: Bane will activate his Venom Pump this round this round. Peter will try to web him up again, and hits with a 28. Bane rolls a natural 20 on his Dodge check so again no dice. Pete holds his ground.

Round 6: Bane advances on Spidey and goes AA2 and hits with a 31. DC23 TC for Spidey and he only gets a 13 for 2nd degree damage. Pete should run but he’s going to stand in and try to take this guy out to keep him from doing damage in his town. I’m giving him an HP for his “great responsibility” complication. He goes PA5 and hits with a 24. DC28 TC for Bane. Bane rolls a natural 20 to make the check. Geez, the Parker luck is in full effect!

Round 7: Bane goes AA2 and hit again with a 32. Pete gets a 15 on DC23 TC for another 2nd degree failure. He’ll take it and use his lone action to Swing away again to the building next building, about 10 ft up and 30 ft away, using his Wall-Crawling to hang on the side of the building.

Round 8: Bane’s not having it. He bolts across the rooftop, then jumps to reach his foe. He gets a 26 on his Athletics check to make the jump horizontally and vertically, if I did the check right and even if I didn’t I’m giving it to him. With his Venom Growth, I’ll say he can reach the extra few feet he needs to get to Spidey. He’ll use EE for another action to attack and he hits with a crit on 19. He will also use his Fast Grab to initiate a grab on Spidey. First the grab check. Spidey resists. Now the DC28 TC. He gets a 21 for another 2nd degree failure. Since Bane didn’t succeed on the Grab, and he’s not a wall-crawler, he’s falling. I’ll resolve his fall on his next turn. So Spidey now has a choice. Let Bane fall 5 stories, not knowing for sure this Venom powered beast will survive, or be heroic and save him. I’ll let the dice decide. 20% chance, 17-20, that Pete lets him fall.

Rolled a 4. Pete sighs and creates a Web Net for Bane, give him a Safe Fall. I’ll give Spidey an HP for it. It’s a Shapeable area effect at 30 ft. So I’ll say Bane is still about 20 ft off the ground. Peter’s pretty sure he could survive that, considering he’s currently about an 8 massive of pulsing muscle and anger. He’s going to call this one and say Pete’s going to swing away and get some intel on this guy. He’ll call his Outsiders teammate Nightwing, since this Bane fellow mentioned Dick’s mentor, The Batman, several times in his long winded introduction.

Final Status – Spider-Man (-3 toughness, 2 hp), Bane (fine, 1 hp)

Comments: Man, Bane was a BEAST. I could have had Spidey stick and move a bit more and use his webbing a bit more, but the way the dice were going, it didn’t seem like Pete was going to be able to do much against him. I’ll have them rematch after a couple more tests for each to see if I can’t get a more definitive decision.