J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
L-Space

Re: 262 - Kasumi

Post by L-Space »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 pm Build Comments: Good old Dead or Alive. Oh, there’s a lot of fanservice in fighting games for sure, but to me, this is the creepy grandaddy of them of all. It may not really be the case, but DOA seemed to be the first developer to really focus on the most important aspect of rendering in gaming: breast physics.
The DOA developers embraced a level of fan-service that few others can match. They createdDead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Wonder Woman, Ivy Valentine, Kasumi, Chun-Li

Post by Ares »

DoA was pretty infamous for its introduction of Jiggle Physics to fighting games, where boobs would now bounce depending on your actions and how high you set the jiggle counter.

On the one hand, DoA does have a lot of nubile women of various ages and ethnicities fighting in outfits that range from fan service to sensible. But its also got a surprisingly deep combat system and actually has a lot more female repesentation than many other fighting games. From what I remember, the guy-to-girl ratio is pretty even or actually favors women, whereas many games for the longest time only had one or two token female fighters.

And Ivy is still probably the queen of Fighting Game Fanservice. I mean, some of her outfits are basically strategically placed dental floss.

Man, remember when Cammy showing the camera her butt or Mai's boobs bouncing was the height of video game fanservice? Was that really 25 years ago?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

If anyone in DoA is PL10 aside from Bosses, it is probably Ryu "Super Ninja" Hayabusa
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

DOA is the surest example of what happens when you make the Fanservice too central to your game (to the point where every male character but one is entirely superfluous)- no matter how good it is, nobody will take you seriously. Though SF seems to be trying to match it lately.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 am Man, remember when Cammy showing the camera her butt or Mai's boobs bouncing was the height of video game fanservice? Was that really 25 years ago?
Yikes. Don't remind me that it was that long ago. Good thing Mai's boobs bouncing is timeless. ;)
danelsan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 am If anyone in DoA is PL10 aside from Bosses, it is probably Ryu "Super Ninja" Hayabusa
Oh, totally. He's on the list. I was going to build him during my Ninjaholic run a little while back and I had him pegged at PL11 for my main setting. For this Fighting Game run, he's a PL10 for sure.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 am DOA is the surest example of what happens when you make the Fanservice too central to your game (to the point where every male character but one is entirely superfluous)- no matter how good it is, nobody will take you seriously. Though SF seems to be trying to match it lately.
You're right on point. As I research for builds, I'm seeing the Fanservice in most of the big name games being crazy in the past two console generations. DOA may have to play catch up if they do another sequel. :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

danelsan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 am If anyone in DoA is PL10 aside from Bosses, it is probably Ryu "Super Ninja" Hayabusa
Ryu Hayabusa is pretty much THE iconic ninja in my mind. While I love the Ninja Turtles, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Storm Shadow and the like, even Snake-Eyes would be second place as far as "modern ninja" goes. Ryu would easily work in a superhero setting and be damn scary, someone who would qualify for Avengers/Justice League membership without any real imagination stretching. Hell, the only issue either team would have is Ryu's willingness to use lethal force, which . . . well, whatever his ninja outfits are made of, they must be stain resistant because they should be dark red by the end of each game.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:33 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 am DOA is the surest example of what happens when you make the Fanservice too central to your game (to the point where every male character but one is entirely superfluous)- no matter how good it is, nobody will take you seriously. Though SF seems to be trying to match it lately.
You're right on point. As I research for builds, I'm seeing the Fanservice in most of the big name games being crazy in the past two console generations. DOA may have to play catch up if they do another sequel. :shock:
Yeah, Street Fighter is INSANE now. Most characters are still male, but almost half the game is scantily-clad babes with their cans either half-out, or bouncing wildly with each move. Bare, muscular thighs rippling and everyone looking more like Ivy Cosplayers with every generation. It's so over the top even *I* get annoyed :).

I also find it weird that a character from one of the most difficult video games of all time, Ninja Gaiden, would be written to be such a bad-ass. That guy is CLEARLY PL 4 in a world of PL 10s!
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 am I also find it weird that a character from one of the most difficult video games of all time, Ninja Gaiden, would be written to be such a bad-ass. That guy is CLEARLY PL 4 in a world of PL 10s!
God I hated Ninja Gaiden's difficulty so much when it came, that I ended up returning it and never looking back. Of course nowadays I loved playing Dark Souls 3 and Bloodbourne, so obviously my tastes have done a bit of a 180.
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

264 - Kitana

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got more new builds as our FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT continues! Check out this new item from our Mortal Kombat line!

Shao Kahn wants death to follow kombat. I will give it to him. - Kitana

KITANA
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Height: 5-9
Weight: 128
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Edenian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Edenia
Team Affiliations: Earthrealm Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLEKT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Akrobatiks 7 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletiks 5 (+7), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 3 (+16), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attraktive], Expertise [Royalty] 3 (+5), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attraktive], Ranged Kombat [War Fans] 9 (+13), Stealth 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attraktive (1), Benefit (2) (Status – Edenian Queen), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (2), Fascinate (1) (Persuasion), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Instant Up, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Edenian), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Unarmed, War Fan Strike, Whirlwind Fan Strike), Swift*, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Edenian Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Pixie Dust: Teleport 1 (60 ft); 2 pts
War Fans: 13 pt Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 9 pts
Fan Lift: Move Objekt 7 (Extra: Linked [Affliktion], Reach 2 [10 ft], Flaw: Inakkurate, Limited direction [up approximately 10 ft off the ground], Reduced Range [Klose]), Affliktion 7 (Resisted/Overkome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Extra Kondition, Linked [Move Objekt], Reach 2 [10 ft], Flaw: Inakkurate, Instant Recovery [Prone], Limited to two degrees); 13 pts
War Fan Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Koncealable, Dangerous, Defensive, Disarming, Split); 1 pt
Whirlwind Fan Strike: Multiattakk Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Distrakting); 1 pt
War Fan Throw: Ranged Slashing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Klose Attakk +13 [War Fan Strike +5, Kritikal 19-20; Whirlwind War Fans +5, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
War Fan Lift +11 [Fan Lift Move Objekt/Affliktion +7]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +4
War Fan Throw +13 [War Fans +5, Kritikal 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: Her "father" Shao Kahn and her "sister" Mileena.
Relationships: She is klose to her mother, Queen Sindel, Liu Kang and she has a komplicated relationship with her former best friend Jade.
Responsibility: To protect Edenia and her people from the threats of Shao Kahn and the other forces of evil in Outworld.

Abilities 74 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 14 + Defenses 14 = 144 / 144

Build Comments: One of the queens of Fanservice herself (get it, FAN-service?!?!? HA! I kill me!), Kitana. She’s another of the iconic members of the MK cast, being around since MKII and basically bigfooting Sonya Blade out of being the main female character in the game. She become so popular that they pallet swapped Mileena and Jade in short order.

She’s got some wicked capabilities with those fans and is fun to play with her quick hitting style.

Secret Origins: Kitana was introduced as Shao Kahn's daughter and personal assassin. Her true feelings and alignment were a mystery, though they were revealed to the Earthrealm warriors during the tournament. She was not really the daughter of Shao Kahn, but in fact his stepdaughter; she was adopted by Kahn, as an infant, to strengthen his claims to the Edenian throne after he killed its king, Jerrod, and married Jerrod's wife, Queen Sindel, who were Kitana's parents. Suspecting she would someday learn the truth, however, Kahn instructed Shang Tsung to create a twin for Kitana; the monstrous Mileena, who was actually a grotesque and evil clone of Kitana.

Kitana grew up dutifully loyal to Shao Kahn, whom she believed was her real father. She grew up to be one of Shao Kahn's personal assassins, alongside her good friend Jade and her evil "sister" Mileena. Upon learning the truth about her past, she continued to feign loyalty to Kahn whilst she planned and waited for the right time to turn against him openly.
WORK IN PROGRESS

The Story so Far: Kitana's chance finally came during the second Mortal Kombat tournament, when Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung lured Earth's heroes into Outworld. Kitana entered the tournament, but secretly began to contact one of Earth's heroes, trying to help them defeat Kahn. However, Kitana's efforts were discovered by her clone Mileena. Mileena attacked her traitorous "sister," forcing Kitana to defend herself. She defeated and killed Mileena, and in so doing revealed that she was no longer loyal to Shao Kahn.

The Earthrealm warriors escaped from Outworld, but Kitana was imprisoned and sentenced to death for killing Mileena. However, after Sindel's resurrection and Shao Kahn's subsequent invasion of Earthrealm, she managed to escape and rejoin her friends from Earth. Her only purpose was to save the resurrected Sindel and remove the evil taint in her soul.

Kitana also had to contend with her friend Jade, who was sent by Kahn to capture her. Kitana seemingly managed to convince her to turn against Kahn and join the forces of good. Jade then helped the Princess defeat Reptile, another assassin sent by Kahn to capture Kitana. However, Jade remained loyal to Kahn and the two battled, with Kitana eventually emergining victorious. Eventually, Kitana reached through to her mother and freed her from Kahn's grasp. Shao Kahn's reign over Earthrealm was short-lived, as he and his elite forces were ultimately defeated. In the wake of these events, Kitana and Sindel freed Edenia as well. Before leaving Earthrealm, Kitana thanked Liu Kang for all he had done.

Earthrealm had barely recovered from its violent merger with Outworld, however, as a new threat presented itself in the form of Shinnok. He and his grand vizier Quan Chi invaded Edenia from the forbidden Netherrealm and imprisoned its legitimate rulers.

No novice to escaping from prisons, Kitana broke loose once more, only to encounter a resurrected Mileena now in the service of Shinnok. She defeated Mileena in battle before locking her in a jail cell in the prisons of the Edenian Palace. The forces of darkness were soon defeated by Raiden and his comrades, and Edenia was free once more. It is after these events that Kitana finally proposed to Liu Kang and offered to rule Edenia together as King and Queen. Liu Kang reluctantly denied her offer, saying his place was as Champion of Earth.

After Shinnok's defeat, Kitana learned that Shao Kahn had survived his defeat in Earthrealm and was trying to regain his strength in Outworld. Realizing the vulnerable position of her realm, however, Kitana hastily formed an alliance with the Shokan, a powerful and ancient race that had fallen in disgrace with the weakened Emperor. After having mediated a peace accord between the two mortal enemies of Shokan and Centaur after Shinnok's defeat, Kitana and her forces prepared for battle.

The combined armies, led by Prince Goro and Kitana herself, marched against Outworld's armies a few years later, with much initial success. However, in the decisive moments, Goro was mortally wounded by the mysterious Noob Saibot, ending the battle with a draw.

Shortly thereafter, Kitana learned that Shao Kahn had been slain by unknown assassins. Thinking her fight was finally over, Kitana began to journey back to Edenia, hoping she could finally live in peace. However, she then encountered her old ally Kung Lao and he told her of a new threat: the "Deadly Alliance" of Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.

Characterization: Kitana is 10,000 years old, but is considered young in her realm of Edenia and only appears to be in her early twenties. Throughout the years, she rose to great importance; first as the loyal stepdaughter of Shao Kahn, then as his enemy, tearing herself away from his grasp and freeing her home realm of Edenia. She also led an army into Outworld to combat any chance of Shao Kahn rising to power again.

Friends and Foes: Kitana is still close to her mother, Queen Sindel, and has had romantic feelings for Liu Kang for some time. She and her former best friend Jade, have a complicated relationship, each still trying to bring the other to their side of the battle for Outworld. She has a heated rivalry with her clone “sister” Mileena and their “father” Shao Kahn.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

265 - Jade

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last item as our FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT continues!

This will be easy! - Jade

JADE
PL9

Weight: 130
Eyes: Green
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Edenia
Team Affiliations: Earthrealm Warriors; Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Akrobatiks 7 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletiks 6 (+8), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attraktive], Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attraktive], Ranged Kombat [Throwing] 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 1 (+5), Stealth 5 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attraktive (1), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Kitana), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Kritikal (1) (Staff), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Edenian), Move-by Action, Power Attakk (2) (Staff, Unarmed), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Edenian Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 2 pts
Razorangs: 4 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 2 pts
Razorang Throw: Ranged Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Rikochet, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 4 pts
Kombat Array: 12 pt Array; 14 pts
Dodging Shadows: Insubstantial 4 (Inkorporeal; Flaw: Limited to projectile attacks, Unreliable [5 uses]); 12 pts
Staff Slam Kombo: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Easily Removable [Requires Staff], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

Vanishing Winds: Teleport 2 (120 ft; Extra: Change Direktion); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Edenian Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Double, Reach (5 ft.); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Klose Attakk +13 [Staff Strike +5, Kritikal 19-20; Staff Slam Kombo +5, Critical 17-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attakk +4
Razorangs +12 [Razorrangs +4, Kritikal 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Konflicted: Jade was best friends with Kitana for years, but she is also bound to Shao Kahn deeper reasons than we know. She aids both, but is conflicted about her true purpose.
Enemy: She has a great enmity towards Mileena and Reptile wants revenge on her as well.
Relationships: She has a komplicated relationship with her former best friend Kitana.
Responsibility: To serve Shao Kahn.

Abilities 70 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 18 + Defenses 14 = 140 / 140

Build Comments: I had a good fight or two with Jade back in the day, but I haven’t used her recently during the MK revival at Thorpe’s Deep. In my setting, I am using her as more of a villain, or at least as a pawn that might make a face turn at some point.

Secret Origins: Jade is a childhood friend of Princess Kitana. Like Kitana, Jade's origins were not from Outworld. She originated from the realm of Edenia, a realm conquered many years ago by the emperor, Shao Kahn. A longtime ally of the Edenian crown, and a close friend to Princess Kitana, Shao Kahn had her trained to be a proficient and formidable assassin under his command.

The Story so Far: During the Earthrealm invasion by Shao Kahn's army, Kitana was sentenced to death after pleading guilty for treason and murdering Mileena during the events of the second tournament. She escaped Outworld and fled to Earthrealm. Enraged, Shao Kahn appointed Jade and Reptile to venture into Earthrealm and capture the princess. Jade was assured that Kahn wanted Kitana back alive, but Reptile was secretly told to bring Kitana back by any means necessary including death.

The two ventured into Earth to find Kitana. However, Jade found herself torn between loyally carrying out Kahn's orders and betraying her friend. She thwarted Reptile's assassination attempt, but proceeded to fight Kitana with the goal of defeating her and completing her mission for her master without the death of her friend. However, Kitana managed to defeat her and joined Raiden and his Earthrealm combatants in the battle against Shao Kahn and his forces. Of immediate importance, however, was Kitana's personal mission to reach and warn the resurrected Queen Sindel about their true past together. Jade's assistance made that possible, with Sindel's memories recovered, she turned against the emperor. Shortly afterward, Shao Kahn was defeated by Liu Kang and Kitana went on to free Edenia from Outworld. Jade left with her master, much to Kitana’s dismay.

Characterization: Jade's confident and sassy personality belies her conflicted nature as a lifelong friend of Kitana, but loyal to her master Shao Kahn. She is sarcastic, patronizing and cocky towards her opponents, and incredibly ruthless towards those she considers a personal enemy (at one point splashing Tarkatan essence on the Edenian traitor, Tanya, and allowing her to be torn to pieces by Baraka's militia).

Friends and Foes: Despite their rivalry, she still has a loyalty Kitana but also to Shao Kahn.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

266 - Mileena

Post by Thorpocalypse »

And yet another companion piece to our last two items gets added to our Mortal Kombat line as our FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT continues!

Was it good for you? :twisted: - Mileena

MILEENA
PL9

Eyes: Red
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Outworld
Team Affiliations: Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLEKT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Akrobatiks 8 (+14) [Accelerated Acrobatiks, Agile Feint], Athletiks 5 (+8), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attraktive], Insight (+3), Intimidation 6 (+7) [Startle], Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attraktive], Ranged Kombat [Throwing] 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attraktive (1), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Kitana), Improved Kritikal (1) (Sai), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Tarkata, English, Base: Tarkata), Move-by Action, Power Attakk (3) (Rolling Thunder, Twin Sai, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Half Tarkatan Physiology: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Akute]), Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 4 pts
Kombat Array: 9 pt Array; 13 pts
Throwing Sai: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 9 pts
Sai Strike Kombo: Multiattack Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Easily Removable [Requires Sai], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Kick from Above: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Linked [Damage]), Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Linked [Teleport]); 1 pt
Neck Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt
Rolling Thunder: Affliktion 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overkome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Extra Kondition, Flaw: Instant Recovery [Prone], Limited to two degrees, Limited [target must be on the ground]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Twin Sai: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Disarming, Split; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attakk +13 [Sai Strike +5, Kritikal 19-20; Sai Strike Kombo +5, Kritkal 18-20, Multiattakk; Kick from Above +4; Rolling Thunder Affliktion +5; Neck Bite +5, Kritikal 18-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attakk +5
Throwing +11 [Sai Blast +5]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Hatred: Kitana.
Monstrous Appearance: She loses her Attraktive advantage if she removes her veil and exposes her large mouth with jagged teeth.
Motivation: Gaining power and eventually ruling Edenia and Outworld in her "sister's" stead.

Abilities 70 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 17 + Defenses 15 = 139 / 139

Build Comments: I was thinking of more villains I could add to the Thorpacoverse so I figured I would grab a few from different media than comics. So I’m adding to my MK line with good old Mileena. She’s one of my faves from the game, even though my godson would always my ass with her.

Secret Origins: Mileena is a clone of Kitana, created by Shang Tsung's sorcery in his flesh pits for Shao Kahn, using Tarkatan physiology.

The Story so Far: Mileena was first introduced during the second tournament. Meant to be a loyal replacement for Kitana, she is physically and mentally damaged, her animalistic rage controlled only by Shao Kahn as she uses her lascivious behavior to lure victims and then slaughter and devour them. She is referred to by Shao Kahn as his "true daughter" and when Kahn appeared to be killed, his minions even discussed making her new ruler of Outworld. However, her very immature personality and behaviour gives them pause.

When Kahn reappeared, she remained his loyal second and is one of the key players in his alliance with (not saying yet…) in their plans to rule Earth.

Characterization: Mileena is a vicious foe, although she can be moody and immature at times. She despises Kitana, and feels that it is her own right to rule Edenia as Princess in her place. Her fondest wish is to kill her "sister", and claim her existence for her own.

Friends and Foes: Her greatest rival is Kitana, although she has fought many opponents in Outworld. She is loyal to Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung and has an uneasy alliance with Baraka.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

267 - Orchid

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT rolls on with the first new item for our new Killer Instinct line!

Go ahead and call me landlord, 'cuz I'm about to evict you from my brother's body! - Orchid

ORCHID
PL9

Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: Disavowed

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+10), Deception 6 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Secret Agent] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 7 (+9), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+11), Stealth 6 (+12), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Critical (1) (Escrima Sticks), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Escrima Stricks, Ultimate Combo, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (1), Quick Draw, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fire Cat: Morph 1 (Fire Cat form; Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]), Ranged Fire Damage 5 (Extra: Accurate 3, Linked [Morph], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 12 pts
Ultimate Combo!: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Plasma Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +2; Plasma Escrima Sticks +4, Critical 19-20; Ultimate Combo! +4, Critical 18-20, Multiattack
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +11
Fire Cat +11 [Fire Cat +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Ultratech.
Relationships: With her brother, Jago.

Abilities 68 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 16 + Defenses 13 = 147 / 147

Build Comments: Orchid, formerly Black Orchid, was one of the best known characters from Killer Instinct, mainly because of her finisher in the first game where she would flash her boobs to her opponent, causing them to have a heart attack and collapse. Ah, the 90’s..

As a character, she’s OK, and even though I haven’t played the new game, it seems like they kept her overall acrobatic style. She’s not top tier, but would be right the mix with most fighters in my Fighting Game Earth.

Secret Origins/Story so Far: B. Orchid is a secret agent, sent by an unknown group to investigate the mysterious disappearances that surround the Killer Instinct tournament. Her true identity and abilities are shrouded in secrecy.

For many years, Black Orchid has been amongst the code-named elite of a professional spy organization working for the greater good of society. Her past remains hidden, including some things of which even she is unaware.

A steadfast and intrepid servicewoman, Orchid's life changed dramatically when she was sent to investigate a RUMINT about the sinister ambitions and sprawling web of influence of the supposedly defunct Ultratech. Quickly uncovering that the corporation not only remains active but in fact has never been as powerful, Orchid is targeted by Ultratech's enigmatic CEO, ARIA, after she gathers information that threatens to expose the full extent of the company's influence over governments, mass media, financial institutions and the military-industrial complex. Realizing that clear evidence of Ultratech's crimes and dark ambition is proving impossible to come by, she eventually decides that the only way into the company is also the most dangerous: straight through the open front door. Once her superiors are persuaded of the necessity, she goes ahead and enters the tournament.

Disavowed by her organization and labelled a dangerous rogue, the Black Orchid responds by making Ultratech's smears her own, and establishes an underground spy network of agents who were similarly brought to ruin by the megacorporation. Bereft of official support, in constant danger and under severe psychological strain, ARIA expected Orchid to falter. But the secret agent instead embarks on a crusade against Ultratech, and starts building out the Disavowed into a fully-fledged paramilitary resistance movement, bent on strategically sabotaging ARIA's operations across the world.

Characterization: A devoted soldier driven to obsession, Orchid will never abandon a mission while she lives. Trained as an elite field agent for covert operations, wetworks and black ops by the Special Warfare Department of the US military, Orchid combines the qualities of a special forces operative and an assassin, rendering her deceptively lethal in combat. Orchid fights in a military CQC-style which emphasizes legwork, grappling and ground control techniques in order to subdue her victim, and utilizes various crowd control weaponry, such as stun batons or flashbang grenades, to disorient and control her mark before taking it down.

Because of a highly classified government experiment that has been performed on her paternal grandmother, the Black Orchid is capable of summoning a cat-like manifestation of energy (which she affectionately calls the "firecat") that obeys her every command and which assaults anything that is threatening her. Orchid has been known to assume this cat-like form of energy herself as well, implying that the "firecat" in actuality is the extension of her own life force.

Friends and Foes: She has a vendetta against the Ultratech corporation. Jago. Pitted in a contest of wills against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy, Orchid becomes increasingly volatile, until she is reunited with her long-lost half-brother, Jago; with the siblings resolving to support each other in their struggles, no matter the outcome.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

268 - Alisa Bosconovich

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new item that kicks off a new line for us as we start our Tekken line with this addition to our FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT!

I am much stronger than I look. - Alisa Bosconovitch

ALISA BOSCONOVITCH
PL9

Height: 5-3
Weight: 180
Hair: Pink
Race: Android
Base of Operations: G Corporation
Team Affiliations: G Corporation

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA -5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 7 (+7), Insight (+4), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+6), Technology 4 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Buzzsaw Combo, Chainsaw Hands, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (6), Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Android Physiology: Protection 6, Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 36 pts
Wings and Thrusters: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 ft pr); 4 pts
Combat Mode: 10 pt Array; 14 pts
Spam Bomb: Ballistic Damage 5 (Extra: Triggered, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 10 pts
Rocket Punch: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Double Rocket Punch: Ranged Multiattack Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Chainsaw Hands: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Split); 1 pt
Buzzsaw Combo: Multiattack Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt[/i]

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +4; Chainsaw Hands +6; Spam Bomb +5; Buzzsaw Combo +6, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +11 [Rocket Punch +5; Double Rocket Punch +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Alisa was created by Dr. Bosconvich as an android clone of his deceased daughter. Unfortunately she has not met him yet, and is programmed to find him.
Motivation: Protecting her allies and creator and finding her place in the world.
Relationships: She is close to Lars and Lee and is programmed to protect Jin.
Vulnerable: Her metal frame makes her vulnerable to magnetic effects.

Abilities 64 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 50 + Defenses 7 = 154 / 154

Build Comments: Alisa Bosconovich is a latter addition to the Tekken universe but has become a fan favorite quickly. She’s an android created by the long time Tekken-verse character Dr. Bosconovich. As such, she has a pretty cool fighting presence and the characterization they’ve given her makes her fairly interesting. The whole "robot who thinks she's a real girl" trope is always fun.

And all things considered, she’s not that fanservicey, so maybe there’s hope for these games yet.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Very little is known about Alisa, except from her name and creator. Alisa is created by the aforementioned Doctor Bosconovitch. Nothing else is known about her past history. Aside from her creator, only a few people know about her being a robot. Among them are: Ling Xiaoyu, Jin Kazama, Nina Williams, Anna Williams, Wang Jinrei, Raven and her partner Lars Alexandersson.

An android created by Dr. Bosconovitch as a bodyguard for Jin Kazama. Her design itself is modeled after Bosconovitch's own lost daughter. Her fighting capabilities are extremely high. She can perform attacks with high mobility using arm-mounted missiles and thrusters.

Characterization: Unlike most robots, Alisa possesses emotions and acts more like a human than a robot. She is a very kind-hearted individual. She speaks in a polite manner and is sensitive to others' feelings. Alisa can also appear rather childish and resembles Ling Xiaoyu's characteristics. She is also very capable of deception, as well as being quick to make friends with anyone, even Panda. At one point, Alisa cheers Xiaoyu up telling her that she can stop the fighting between the father and sons of the Mishima house, as well as insisting that she owed Xiaoyu her life as she saved her once. She does not like to fight or hurt anyone, but when push comes to shove, she is a formidable fighter.

As a robot, she is very intelligent and often speaking in technical terms. In some situations, when people call Alisa a robot, she denies that fact and insists that she is a human being.

Friends and Foes: She has become friends with Xiaoyu and Lee Chaolan. She has been programmed to protect Jin and she has seemingly become more than friends with Lars Alexandersson.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

269 - Mai Shiranui

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're going to wrap up this FIGHTING LADIES' NIGHT with our first item in our Fatal Fury line! Check her out on Aisle 9!

Fanservice, thy name is Mai...

MAI SHIRANUI
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-5
Weight: 108
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+15) [Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Ninja] 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Stealth 6 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1), Martial Strike* (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (4) (Flame Spiral, Flame Strikes, War Fans, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1), Up the Wall*

POWERS:
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Ninja Glide: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 ft pr; Flaw: Gliding); 1 pt
Ninja Jump: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt
Queen of Fighting:
Flame Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 9 pts
Flame Spiral: Ranged Multiattack Fire Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Unreliable); 1 pt
Flame Strikes: Fire Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Thrown Fans: Ranged Piercing Damage 3 (Extra: Accurate, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
War Fans: Slashing [Open]/Piercing [Closed] Strength-Based Damage 2, Concealable, Defensive, Double; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +13 [War Fans +4; Flame Strikes +3]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2; Martial Strike Unarmed +3;]
Ranged Attack +11 [Flame Blast +5 Flame Spiral +5, Multiattack]
Thrown Fans +13 [Thrown Fans +3]

DEFENSES:
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Mai is hopelessly in love with Andy Bogard.

Abilities 72 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 15 + Defenses 15 = 149 / 149

Build Comments: When I referenced breast physics earlier, I realize now I probably should have saved that for Mai, here. Geez…

Mai Shiranui, despite the crazy fanservice, is a pretty good game character in the King of Fighters/Fatal Fury series. She’s got a wide variety of attacks and is good at range and in close. Sadly her actual characterization mostly consists of her chasing Andy Bogard around and dreaming about being married to him. And of course, like most fictional Japanese heroes that I’ve seen, he doesn’t give a crap. Craziness.

Secret Origins: Mai Shiranui is the granddaughter of Hanzo Shiranui, master of ninjitsu and Koppo-ken. Mai learned from her father the secrets of Ninjitsu. She had met Andy Bogard, during this time, who had come to train under her grandfather. Mai then had to take alternate courses from her grandfather's friend, Jubei Yamada in ninjitsu. At first, Mai was uninterested in Andy and only thought of him as another callous man only interested in his training. It wasn't until he gave her a present on her birthday that she saw him in another light and eventually fell in love with him.

The Story so Far: During nearly every King of Fighters tournament, Mai pesters Andy to enter and form a team with her. Upset at his refusals and choice to join a separate team, she forms an all women team with the help of Yuri and King. In the following years her teammates change, but she remains firm to enter the tournament to help encourage King and her fellow team members and to prove to Andy the error of his ways. In King of Fighters 99, she is finally able to join the tournament in the same team as Andy. However, in the following tournament was asked to step out to allow Blue Mary investigate a case. Denied again, she is angered by the request and joins the Women's team again and has remained a reoccurring member ever since. In the various team endings, she is often celebrating the team's victory at King's bar or fantasizing about Andy.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Mai is a very cheerful and temperamental girl. She can tend to also be somewhat of an airhead and admires any kind beauty or attractiveness, which sometimes comes across as being vain. She also at times compares attractive boys who flirt with her or acknowledge her beauty to Andy, acknowledging their attractiveness but ending with a comment saying they're 'not as cute as Andy'.
danelsan

Re: J-Mart: LADIES' NIGHT! Kitana, Jade, Mileena, Orchid, Alisa Bosconovitch, Mai Shiranui

Post by danelsan »

Hehe, and to think there was a time when Blue Mary was the boobs girl of Fatal Fury, and Mai had much smaller and more covered breasts. She had the legs and butt, though.

She is fun to play, anyway, and her speed and rising flames attack were kinda overpowered in KoF Maximum Impact...