J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

275 - Shao Kahn

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're continuing to add more BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS! Check this one in for our Mortal Kombat line on Aisle 9!

I am Shao Kahn! Konqueror of worlds! You will taste no victory! - Shao Kahn

SHAO KAHN
PL12

OPL: 12; DPL: 12; HP: 2
Height: 7-2
Weight: 400
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Race: Outworlder
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Outworld
Team Affiliations: Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Akrobatiks 4 (+7), Athletiks 6 (+13), Deception 6 (+13) [Taunt], Expertise [Magik] 10 (+15) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 8 (+13), Insight (+7), Intimidation 8 (+15) [Daze], Perception (+7), Persuasion (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attakk, Chokehold, Close Attakk (3), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Kritikal (2) (Unarmed, Hammer), Improved Grab, Languages (2) (English, 4 other, Base: Japanese), Power Attakk (3) (Hammer Dance, Hammer Strike, Unarmed), Ranged Attakk (9), Ritualist, Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Immortal Warlord Physiology: Protection 2, Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 6 pts
Wrath Hammer: 11 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts); 7 pts
Hammer Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 9); 11 pts
Hammer Dance: Multiattakk Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 9, Flaw: Distrakting); 1 pt
Hammer Throw: Ranged Affliktion 9 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extra: Extra Kondition, Flaw: Distrakting, Limited to two degrees); 1 pt

Dark Magik: 19 pts Traits; 20 pts
Explosive Ball: Ranged Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Diminished Range [15 ft burst], Distrakting); 19 pts
Light Spear: Ranged Energy Damage 10 (Flaw: Distrakting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attakk +15 [Unarmed +7, Kritikal 19-20; Wrath Hammer +9, Kritikal 19-20; Hammer Dance +9, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Ranged Attakk +13 [Hammer Throw Affliktion +9; Light Spear +9]
Special Attakk [Explosive Ball +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Will +9

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Arrogance: His supreme konfidence in his abilities has caused him to underestimate his opponents and has led to his downfall on several okkasions.
Enemy: Raiden and any of his allies.
Motivation: Konquering all realms, especially Earthrealm.

Abilities 106 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 35 + Defenses 14 = 205 / 205

Build Comments: I have a version of Shao Kahn built at PL15 as a "true epic dark lord, smack Superman around and call him Susan”, powerhouse. But since we’re focusing on fighting game builds for now, I’m making him a PL12 beast that someone like Liu Kang might, maybe, possibly beat with enough HP, as he did in the games.

But even still, I don’t really see it. Shao Khan, compared to the other fighters I built outside of the bosses, is a total beast. Seeing as most of them are PL9 and can do maybe +11 damage with a full Power Attack, they would have a hard time putting him down. But the dice are a fickle mistress and I suppose with enough HP and some bad rolls for Khan, it could happen. But it’s not bloody likely.

Secret Origins: Long ago, Shao Kahn once served as an adviser to Onaga when the latter ruled Outworld as the Dragon King. Onaga's Empire had become the most powerful in the realms and so he began searching for a way to become immortal. Before his goal could be realized, Shao Kahn made his move by poisoning Onaga and taking his kingdom. Leading whatever troops that remained loyal to the Dragon King, Kahn continued many of the former emperor's plans. He continued to add lesser realms to Outworld, either through direct conquest or through Mortal Kombat.

A milestone in his military victories was the merging of Edenia with Outworld. After his warriors had won in Mortal Kombat, Kahn invaded the realm. On the battlefield, Kahn killed King Jerrod, and took Queen Sindel as his own queen through (forced) marriage, raising her daughter, Princess Kitana, as his own daughter. He had the young princess trained as his personal guard and as an assassin. Unfortunately for Kahn, Sindel took her own life in an attempt to escape what she believed was eternal subservience to the Emperor. However, Shao Kahn held her soul in Outworld, stopping her transition to the afterlife, not willing to let his beloved queen go so easily.

The Story so Far: Many years later, Kahn chose Earthrealm as his next conquest. He sent Shang Tsung and eventually Goro to Earthrealm to prepare it for an invasion in the event of Goro maintaining his position of champion. A turning point came when Prince Goro defeated the Great Kung Lao and started a winning streak that would last for 500 years. Shang Tsung, a shapeshifter, supervised the tournament. The tenth Mortal Kombat however, saw the defeat of both Goro and Shang Tsung by a Shaolin monk, Liu Kang, ruining five hundred years of Tsung's investment. Shang Tsung begged Shao Kahn for his life, and came up with a plan to lure Earth's chosen warriors to Outworld for a second tournament. Convinced, Shao Kahn spared Tsung's life and restored his youth. If Earthrealm's champions could be killed, they would not be able to cause further damage to Kahn's plans. With the captured Kano and Sonya Blade as bait, and enraging Liu Kang by sending Baraka and his troops to destroy the Shaolin temples, they confidently waited for the Earth warriors to fall into the trap. Despite Kahn's vast power, Liu Kang's determination saw him through, and he defeated the despot. Unwilling to accept defeat, Kahn called his armies to destroy the Earthrealm warriors. They fled back to Earthrealm, out of Kahn's clutches.

By this time, Shang Tsung was able to resurrect Queen Sindel in Earthrealm, and Kahn would be able to cross the border to claim his beloved wife. Kahn had Tsung proceed, and once he invaded Earthrealm, he began to merge it with his own realm of Outworld. Nearly every living being in Earthrealm had their souls ripped from their bodies by Kahn, claiming them as his own. Kahn's day finally seemed to have come. Kahn sent extermination squads to hunt them down and kill the remaining survivors, but Lord Raiden had protected the souls of a handful of warriors. It would be their task to try to stop Kahn, and return Earthrealm to its normal state. In the ensuing fights, Kahn was confronted by Kung Lao, another Shaolin monk and descendant of the warrior Goro defeated to become champion of Mortal Kombat, but Kahn blasted a powerful spell on Kung Lao nearly killing him. It was Liu Kang who again managed to defeat Kahn. Worn down from the battle, Kahn recalled his squads and retreated back to Outworld. This stopped the merger with Outworld, and restored Earthrealm to its original status. To make matters worse for Kahn, many of his loyal soldiers had abandoned him, and Kitana had succeeded in turning Sindel to her side, restoring Edenia as an independent realm.

The emperor was now greatly weakened, and would remain so for a period of several years, remaining inactive during Shinnok's war against the gods. The Edenians had in the meantime made peace and military treaties with the Shokan, on whom Kahn had always heavily relied, and were ready to attack Outworld a few years later. It was only through his new commander Kano's ingenuity, and the stealth of his assassin Noob Saibot (who critically wounded Goro) was Kahn able to save the day (in a manner of speaking) and force the Edenian army into a draw.

While still not at full strength, Kahn has continued to plot his return to power in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike all realms again.

Characterization: Shao Kahn the Konqueror is well known amongst the roster of Mortal Kombat Kombatants for his godlike strength which rivals, if not outright exceeds, that of Raiden. He is also known for his extreme callousness, brutality, ferocity in battle, and his fondness of personal executions, though he has occasionally spared the lives of his subordinates, if they prove their worth, and his victims such as Sindel and Kitana, raising the latter like his own daughter and treating the former like his own wife. However, his true power that has served him well and allowed him to rise above the image of a mere warlord is his high intelligence and profound knowledge of the black arts. Like his subordinate Shang Tsung, he has the power to consume other souls.

Perhaps Shao Kahn’s greatest strength lies in his ability to work towards his goals with great tenacity and his ability to organize. However, his greatest weakness is his arrogance and overconfidence. Shao Kahn has often underestimated mankind, and therefore tried to conquer Earthrealm many times, with or without a queen (consort), to no success.

Friends and Foes: Kahn has foes across many realms and worlds.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Geese Howard: Earth-T1; Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS keep coming with another new item for Aisle 9! This one's for our Fatal Fury line, check it out!

The immortal Geese is about to show you to a very hot place, indeed. - Geese Howard

GEESE HOWARD
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 8; DPL: 11; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 181
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human
Base of Operations: South Town, USA
Team Affiliations: Geese Howard's Gang

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13), Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+18), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [Business] 6 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+13), Expertise [Martial Arts] 6 (+10), Insight 2 (+7), Intimidation 5 (+10) [Startle], Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 2 (+7), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+13), Stealth 2 (+8), Vehicles 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (5) (Status – Geese Howard, Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire]), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Defensive Strike* (1), Diehard, Equipment (3), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Japanese, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Instant Counter) (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Chi Combos, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (2), Unbalancing Strike*, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
The Immortal Geese Howard: Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Limited [to Circumstances of Plausible Survival]); 5 pts
Chi Array: 7 pt Array; 9 pts
Chi Geyser: Cylinder Area Energy Damage 7 (Extra: Cylinder Area [30 ft cylinder], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 7 pts
Reppuken!: Ranged Chi Energy Damage 7 (Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Chi Combos: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 3, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Headquarters: (14 pts)
Geese Tower: Size - L, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System; 14 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +16 [Chi Combo +6, Critical 18-20, Multattiack]
Unarmed +18 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Blast +13 [Reppuken +7]
Special Attack [Energy Geyser +7, Cylinder Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Geese has an affinity for Japanese culture and holds himself to code of honor.
Motivation: Geese is very power hungry and is motivated to be the best at what he does and crush those who oppose him.
Rivalry: With the Bogard brothers.

Abilities 96 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 14 + Defenses 15 = 195 / 195

Build Comments: One of the great all time fighting game bosses, Geese Howard. I never played the SNK games but I had friends that practically worshipped him for how badly he beat them repeatedly. I did enjoy watching the playthrough videos as I researched him and he is definitely a bad ass in the Fatal Fury setting. I'll probably take another run at him as I don't feel like I've totally captured his countering ability, but giving him a couple of ranks of Luck (Instant Counter) should help.

He and Heihachi I could see using in a street level superhero setting in addition to my fighting game setting with few, if any, tweaks. I may let my regular Nightwing or DD see how they fare against him and some goons sometime.

Secret Origins: Geese comes from a poor American woman and an Austrian terrorist. His father abandoned them after Geese was born in Southtown. Working for both of their sakes to surpass his father, he took up odd jobs around the city. Despite his efforts, his mother eventually died from poor health and hunger. Rather than dwelling in sadness, Geese tracks down his father in Europe and learns his father's real name is Rudolph Krauser Von Stroheim. He tries to assassinate him when he was 15 but fails due to his half-brother, Wolfgang Krauser, effortlessly stopping him. He tried to rid of his anger through religion but couldn't shake the humiliation of his loss.

Learning at a young age that power grants results, Geese trained in the school of Hakkyokuseiken with Jeff Bogard and Cheng Sinzan, under Tung Fu Rue's tutelage. He may have also studied with other martial arts teachers, including the grandfather of "Blue" Mary Ryan and Toji Sakata - mainly Japanese martial arts styles. During this time of their prime, the three were once renowned as the "Three Brothers of Godly Battle". However, at the same time, he also started to build his network with the Southtown local mafia through intimidation and personal bribes. This is where he also gained the services of Ripper and Hopper. Sensing that Geese would not use the sacred techniques of the school selflessly, Tung passes the secrets of the school to Jeff. He had hoped to tame Geese's spirit afterward but he departed from the place enraged, and saw the end of the school's relations with him.

He focuses his efforts in overthrowing a kingpin named BIG and he eventually becomes the reigning crime lord of Southtown.

The Story so Far: Using his mafia connections to hush people about his past and presenting himself with a "spotless image" to the press, Geese was eventually appointed as the police commissioner for the city. To separate his business with his mafia and to find a place to properly train, he also commissioned the building of his own headquarters, Geese Tower. As time passed, he also used the tower as one of the main operating stations for his own business, Howard Connection.

Geese orders Mr. Big to kidnap Yuri Sakazaki. Yuri is kidnapped to keep in line Mr. Karate (Takuma Sakazaki), who is being forced to work for Geese. It is Geese who orders Mr. Karate to fight his son, Ryo Sakazaki.

Although he was powerful, Geese had still not completely conquered Southtown yet. Hoping to gain more men for his cause, he hosts the first known King of Fighters tournament. Unfortunately, he came out of the event empty-handed and was defeated by Ryo. He was able to escape and successfully defended his turf from the jealous Mr. Big.

Years earlier, Geese Howard kills Jeff Bogard in front of his son Terry's eyes and hires Billy Kane as his personal bodyguard. He sets up Billy as his champion in his King of Fighters tournaments.

Ten years after Jeff's death, Terry, his brother Andy Bogard, and their friend Joe Higashi enter Geese's King of Fighters tournament. Terry faces him on top of Geese Tower and defeats him by knocking him out the window. While the town presumes him to be dead, Geese was actually alive, apparently thanks to the secrets of a Chinese scroll in his possession. The scroll, called the "Phoenix Scroll", was later discovered in Geese Tower; it allows the user to speed up their recovery rate.

An imposter sent by Krauser started to run Geese's company as his own. While Billy went to take care of him, Geese focused his attentions on his recovery and the rumor of the Jin scrolls. Hearing that the scrolls grant immortality, he discreetly searches for them. Geese obtained all three scrolls from Jin Chonshu and Jin Chonrei. However, he strategically wants them destroyed so that they would never be used against him. Soon after, he finally announces his presence to the public and organizes another King of Fighters tournament to settle his differences with the Bogard brothers. In the tournament's climax, he faces Terry and is once again thrown from the tower. Although Terry caught hold of his nemesis' hand, Geese refused his help and wrenched his arm away from Terry's grasp, laughing while falling to his own death, seemingly for good.

However...

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Geese is a proud man who considers himself a mighty warrior and as such thinks highly of himself. He craves power in all of its forms: from money to immortality. However, he has his own code of honor and there are lines that even he will not cross; never underestimating his opponents, especially after suffering defeat from Terry. He will crush anyone who stands in his way and reward those he deems worthy of his respect.

He appears to show respect to Tung Fu Rue despite their histories, even if he is sometimes sarcastic about it, as seen in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, and more recently in KOF XIV.

He has a fascination with Japan, often adorning the Japanese decorum on the Geese Tower rooftop with American flags, and has assimilated some Nipponese culture as a result.

Whether because of ambition or to simply keep them from possible harm, he was apparently distant from his personal family, ignoring Rock's pleas to help Marie in her sickness until she reportedly passed away. As a result, this earned him Rock's indignation and the latter's devotion to stay away from his shadow.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: FIGHT! Heihachi Mishima

Post by Jabroniville »

SWEET! Heihachi! I didn't even know that was his backstory- he seems a bit more sympathetic than what I assumed was a Chaotic Evil asshole. I still remember his move in Tekken 2 that was a Powerbomb- that series was AWESOME for throwing in pro wrestling moves on guys, no matter what their fighting style was. Julia Chang used a German Suplex!

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:15 am
I had that Tekken, too. I switched to Xbox, too, in the next generations, although we do have a PS3 gathering dust in the basement that I could get back into it on, I suppose. In doing research, Tekken is actually the best selling fighting game series of all time, which I didn't realize. I figured it was Street Fighter but that's second and Mortal Kombat is 3rd.
That actually surprised me, until I thought about it for a bit... SF's prime was the Early '90s Arcade era, and the Super Nintendo era. Tekken came about in the PS-PS4 era- a HUGE uptick in terms of audience and user-base. Games are bigger now than they've ever been- Bioware up in Edmonton is an ENORMOUS local company, giving tours and "head-hunting" guys from all over the world to work there. They're all like that, too- we're a far cry from the days when just a handful of people made games.

So yeah, with that userbase in place, there's room for Tekken to be enormous, especially once Sony wiped out Sega as competition, and thus Virtua Fighter dropped in Japanese fans' eyes. When I went to Japan and saw their giant arcades (5-6 stories high! With OLD GAMES! And lines of Fighting Games piled next to each other!), which are in every district around train stations, I saw a TON of Tekken machines with cigarette-smoking players hanging around, having endless battles with each other. VF and Street Fighter saw much less competition, actually, though this was before SFV came out. But I've heard that one took a hit for its sketchy policy of releasing an unfinished game and expecting "updates" to make the price worth it later on. Turns out that's a shitty business policy, and they got hit for it.
Jabroniville

Re: 275 - Shao Kahn

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:31 am Image
Shao Khan is a rare case of a Final Boss actually surpassing the guy that came before him- most Fighting Games still hold to the original Boss as this sacred cow, but Shang Tsung's been "Just one of the guys" ever since he lost in the first Mortal Kombat. Khan instead takes that spot, always being treated as a bigger deal than the bosses who came later. Though he's very much your typical "Dark Lord" kind of guy, it's neat that he's got the bitchin' mask and shoulder pads to stay distinctive and iconic.

I still find it hilarious that the ONE GAME that lets you messily kill your opponent is the one that has the largest recurring cast ever :).

Weird- how come your PhotoBucket links still work? Are you grandfathered in with an old set-up? All of mine got the axe, as I wasn't paying anything.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 275 - Shao Kahn

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:51 am I still find it hilarious that the ONE GAME that lets you messily kill your opponent is the one that has the largest recurring cast ever :).

Weird- how come your PhotoBucket links still work? Are you grandfathered in with an old set-up? All of mine got the axe, as I wasn't paying anything.
That is fitting. In Armageddon, they pretty much kill everyone when they were going to end the series, but then I guess the realized "um...we can still milk this bad boy for a bit, let's retcon the whole thing and start over on the next gen system!". :)

I was already paying $6 a month because I hit the original size limit for the free service a while back so I did get grandfathered in, I guess.
Thorpocalypse

277 - M Bison

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS keep coming with this new item for our Street Fighter line!

Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
Chun Li: You don't remember?
Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was Tuesday.

M (MASTER) BISON
PL11

OPL: 11; DPL: 11; HP: 3
Height: 5-11
Weight: 247
Eyes: White
Base of Operations: Unknown
Team Affiliations: Shadaloo

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 15, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+10), Deception 9 (+15), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+15), Expertise [Life Sciences] 8 (+13), Insight 6 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+13) [Daze, Startle], Investigation 5 (+10) [Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+5), Technology 5 (+10), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Benefit (8) (Wealth, Status, Resources 8 – Shadaloo Leader), Close Attack (2), Connected, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (English, Japanese, 3 others, Base: Thai), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack (2) (Psycho Crusher, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (5), Startle, Takedown (1), Unbalancing Strike*, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Psycho Powered Flight: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 ft pr; Flaw: Levitation); 1 pt
Psycho Power: 16 pt Array; 19 pts
Psycho Lifting: Perception Range Move Object 8 (Flaw: Distracting); 16 pts
Psycho Telepathy: Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation); 1 pt
Psycho Blast: Ranged Psychic Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Accurate 3, Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Psycho Crusher: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-Damage 2 (Extras: Dangerous 2, Linked [Leaping], Penetrating 8, Flaw: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses]), Leaping 2 (30 ft; Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Bison Warp: Teleport 3 (250 ft; Extra: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kevlar Uniform: Protection 1; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +17 [Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Psycho Crusher +15 [Psycho Crusher +7, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +10
Psycho Blast +16 [Psycho Blast +6]
Special Attack [Psycho Lifting Move Object +8, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Master Bison has the ultimate confidence in his power, making him underestimate his foes at times.
Enemy: He has made many enemies over the years, but his greatest foes have been Ryu, Guile, Chun-Li, Rose and Cammy.
Obsession: Master Bison wants the world and will do whatever he has to do to get it.

Abilities 102 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 21 + Defenses 16 = 210 / 210

Build Comments: I was flipping through channels the other day while folding laundry (see what married life does you, kids? :shock: ) and I came across Addams Family Values, which always brings a smile to my face. Certainly not the greatest sequel but fun nonetheless. And I immediately got sad when I saw Raul Julia because I loved his work and the movie industry is less magical without him due to his premature death of stomach cancer.

Seeing him in turn reminded me of the fact that he played M. Bison in the 1994 Street Fighter movie. The movie kinda sucked (OK, really sucked) but he was so good in it, he actually got nominated for a Saturn award for best supporting actor. He was just that great. And he actually made me a fan of Bison, even though I hadn’t faced him in a game.

So again, this is mostly Wiki fueled, but I wanted to make Bison a real “boss” so he’s a bad ass, but not as much as Akuma who one-shotted him in his debut if memory serves. Still, he’d probably smack Ryu all over the place unless he’s got a ton of HP to help him out.

Secret Origins: Little is known of Master Bison’s life before the World Warrior tournament.

The Story so Far: Bison, leader of the criminal organization known as Shadaloo, hears of a fighter named Ryu who defeated his new henchman, Sagat. Bison decides to recruit Ryu and begins the search for him. In the meantime, he is confronted by Rose, a mysterious woman who wields a power that is in many ways similar to his own. Rose wins the ensuing battle, only to find out that Bison has left the battlefield completely unscathed.

Afterwards, Bison encounters Chun-Li; they have a brief duel, in which Bison toys around with the girl, before fleeing and letting Chun-Li know that he murdered her father. Bison is then finally able to track down Ryu.

At first, Bison attempts to persuade Ryu to join him by promising that he would make him the greatest fighter ever. Ryu refuses, however, and the two engage in combat; Bison wins and takes Ryu's body to his scientists for a brainwashing via exposure to Psycho Power.

In time, the Psycho Power begins pushing Bison's body to its limits. Having predicted this event, he had his scientists engineer a body that he could transfer his essence into in the form of Cammy: a genetically engineered girl created using Bison's DNA as a template, and part of his elite squad of Dolls, brainwashed young women who serve as assassins. However, Cammy begins to develop self-awareness and goes rogue. Bison sends Vega to retrieve her, and then Juli, another member of the Dolls, when Vega fails. Considering alternatives for the spare body, Bison turns his sights to Ryu, one of the strongest fighters in the world, and the personal nemesis of Bison's right-hand man Sagat.

On his journey to find Ryu, Bison learns of Akuma, the lone warrior that employs fighting techniques similar to Ryu's, and the evil energy that surrounds him. When Bison defeats Akuma, he claims that the Satsui no Hado is "less than nothing", and that is only a matter of time before he claims Ryu’s body. Bison then sends Juni, another Doll, to gather data on Ryu. In order to lure him out, Bison kidnaps his best friend and rival, Ken Masters, brainwashing and pitting him against Ryu. Enraged by Bison's actions, Ryu manages to defeat Ken and free him of Bison's evil influence.

Ryu then takes on Bison, but loses despite giving his all. Once defeated, Ryu is subjected to Bison's Psycho Power. Sagat, witnessing these events, objects and Bison responds by telling him he can finally have his long desired rematch with Ryu. As Sagat urges Ryu to snap out of Bison's hypnosis, Ken and Sakura attack Bison and engage him in battle, allowing Ryu to break free of Bison's mental grip.

Once again, Ryu engages Bison in an epic battle. Suddenly, a strange connection is established between Bison's Psycho Power and the Satsui No Hado within Ryu. Realizing that the two energies are akin, Bison attempts to put Ryu under his control once again. With his friends urging him to prevail, Ryu manages to resist and strikes Bison down with a powerful Metsu Shoryuken, Bison is then temporarily incapacitated, and retreats to the Psycho Drive to regenerate himself.

Meanwhile, Cammy, now acting on her own, manages to assemble the remaining Dolls and turn them against their master. The refreshed Bison appears and decides that the Dolls are no longer of use to him, therefore, they are to be disposed of. All of the Dolls fight back, but Bison informs them that if he is to perish, because of the psychic link between the dolls and him, they will experience the same fate. Nevertheless, the Dolls escape the Shadaloo base as their minds slowly begin to deteriorate. Cammy, with little time left, takes advantage of her genetic similarity to Bison in order to operate the Psycho Drive. Using it, she removes the psychic fail-safe on the Dolls and saves them.

USAF officers Charlie and Guile enter the base on a mission to stop the dictator, joined by Chun-Li. After learning that the bombardment of Shadaloo was called off due to corruption in Interpol and Bison's manipulation, Chun-Li realized that they would have to destroy the base themselves. As Chun-Li and Guile escape the explosive-rigged base, Charlie keeps fighting the resurrected Bison, and ultimately seems to sacrifice his own life to allow their escape. M. Bison's soul, however, ends up surviving the explosion and takes control of Rose.

It is revealed that, while trying to master Psycho Power, M. Bison had to expel all the humanity and good in his soul to accommodate and supplant the intense energy the power gives him, and that Rose is actually the formation of all of M. Bison's good energy; this also explains the outcome of their first duel during SFA2. Bison stays inside of Rose's body until his Shadaloo scientists forge a new body for him, at which point he releases Rose from his control, and she awakens back at home, with few memories of what happened.

M. Bison then holds the second Street Fighter tournament to get revenge against the people who opposed him previously; especially the ones that destroyed the Psycho Drive; and to lure out Ryu once more. His Psycho Power seems to have significantly diminished since the destruction of the Psycho Drive, but nevertheless he remains a force to be reckoned with.

Bison's plans are foiled by Akuma (who was not a competitor in the tournament). Always searching for worthy opponents, Akuma wishes to fight the finalist of the dictator's tournament (it is unknown who the finalist was), so before the very start of the final battle, he catches Bison off guard and performs the Shun Goku Satsu on him, killing the Shadaloo boss in an instant. Akuma mocks Bison for being the slave of his own power, not knowing that Bison is actually in absolute control of his Psycho Power.

At some point before encountering Akuma, Bison ordered the creation of at least 26 androids by S.I.N., the weapons division of Shadaloo. #15 (i.e. Seth) was chosen to be the new head of S.I.N., demonstrating a higher level of intelligence than the others. #15 was referred to indirectly as "Bison's right hand". Bison also had a Korean official murdered along with his family. The official's young daughter, Juri, barely survives; #15 gives her cybernetic enhancements, deciding she can be used as a test subject since she already was a Taekwondo prodigy.

After Bison's apparent demise at the hands of Akuma, #15 takes the name Seth and makes his own attempt at world domination, beginning with the announcement of a new tournament. But Juri has a plan of her own and, apparently aware that Bison has survived, tries to pit Bison and Seth against each other in revenge for her parents' murder.

Bison takes the bait and returns, his soul transplanted to yet another new body (again not as powerful as the one from his Alpha days). Though his scientists try to dissuade him (their reasoning being that, in time, a new body could be created that could hold the Psycho Power in its entirety), Bison chooses the weaker body instead of remaining dead any longer, stating that he never imagined that Seth would go so far and it will only be a matter of time before Bison would inhabit his body, anyway. Bison then takes part in Seth's new World Warrior tournament, completely incapacitating his opponents in the qualifying rounds.

Bison eventually reaches Seth's S.I.N. headquarters at the head of the remaining androids, attacking Seth for losing his mindless servitude to Bison, which makes him useless. Seth protests that he had almost rebuilt Bison's empire, which had fallen into decline since the second World Warrior tournament; however, Bison counters by saying that everything that has happened has, in fact, been part of Bison's plan. Standing over the helpless Seth, Bison is suddenly confronted by Juri, whose plan to have the two destroy each other has failed as Seth did not put up enough of a fight. She threatens Bison, who is unimpressed, and though the resultant fight (if any) is not shown, both seem to survive as both are seen later.

Meanwhile, another android which had been fighting Abel shows signs of also developing self-awareness like Seth, and Bison promptly destroys it, remarking that Abel has grown since an unspecified last meeting. His exact relationship with Abel is unknown; however, it is implied that Abel was somehow part of the experiments that created the androids. On his way out of the facility, Bison ambushes Rose, also at the S.I.N. headquarters. Remarking that she owes him something, Bison incapacitates her and threatens to take it back "with interest". As Bison reaches his jet, however, he is confronted by Guy, who threatens to destroy the jet if Bison does not hand her over. Apparently in a hurry, Bison acquiesces and relinquishes the unconscious Rose.

At some point during all this, Bison comes across Cammy and Decapre. Bison notes that Decapre is dying, but that "a bargain could be made". Cammy allows Bison to take Decapre in the hopes that he will save her.

Characterization: M. Bison is an archetypal psychopathic villain motivated by his own self-seeking interests and lust for absolute power. He is a ruthless, arrogant and unforgiving dictator who wastes no time in destroying anyone or anything who opposes him, with a vast ego and a penchant for fancying himself as a god. He occasionally displays a twisted sense of humor, and seems to possess a "business before pleasure" attitude.

While demanding absolute loyalty and obedience from his subordinates, Bison considers them as mere pawns rather than human beings, and tolerates his henchmen only as long as they serve his dark ambitions, displaying his lack of regard for human life. Unsurprisingly, he has earned the eternal enmity of many other heroes and villains for his malevolent and sinister nature.

As the founder and leader of Shadaloo, Bison uses as many illegal methods as possible to achieve his goals, ranging from drug trafficking and arms dealing to terrorism and illegal human experimentation. He is not above using coercion by force and brainwashing to convert skilled martial artists to his cause.

As stated in his own pre-boss fight dialogue with Ryu, Bison's ultimate goal is to rule the world forever and be recognized as the most powerful martial artist of all time. Intending to accomplish that objective, Bison has cheated death and returned to wreak havoc not once, but at least twice.

Friends and Foes: Master Bison has several underlings and worldwide criminal syndicate under his command. He has strong rivalries with Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li.
Thorpocalypse

Sagat: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS continue with this J-Mart Favorite Item for Aisle 9!

You've got a lot to learn before you can defeat me. Try again, kiddo. - Sagat

SAGAT
PL10

PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP 1
Height: 7-5
Weight: 300
Eyes: White
Hair: None
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Thailand
Team Affiliations: Shadaloo

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 7 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception (+2), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9/+10) [Startle], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Tiger Shot] 9 (+12), Stealth (+3/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Roll (3), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Thai), Power Attack (2) (Unarmed, Tiger Knee/Uppercut), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Sagat Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent, Reach [5 ft]); 6 pts
Tiger Chi Array: 5 pt Array; 6 pts
Tiger Shot: Ranged Force Energy Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distracting); 5 pts
Tiger Knee/Tiger Uppercut: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +12 [Tiger Knee/Tiger Uppercut +8, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Tiger Shot +12 [Tiger Shot +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Despite his occasional association with the Shadaloo syndicate, Sagat has a strict code of honor. He does not take shortcuts or take unfair advantage of situations and will not harm innocents.
Motivation: The thrill of battle and proving himself against the world's greatest fighters.
Rivalry: With Ryu.

Abilities 66 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 12 + Defenses 14 = 126 / 126

Build Comments: Sagat was the boss of the first Street Fighter and of course, I never got to him. But I had a couple of friends that did and they HATED him because he was so hard to beat. After researching, he immediately became a favorite and watching playthroughs with him are awesome. Now he’s often playable in the games so he’s not as tough now as he was but for my setting, I need more bad ass antagonists, so he’s coming in a PL above Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li and hits WAY harder.

Secret Origins: Sagat's story starts when he was only a teenager. Sagat grew up in Thailand, where the style of fighting of Muay Tai was greatly revered and he had learned it since he could walk. The title of Emperor of Muay Thai was the most honorable accolade a Muay Thai fighter could possibly receive and the bearer of this title was seen as a national hero. Sagat challenged the reigning Emperor of Muay Thai, Nuah Kahn to a fight for his title. Sagat won the battle and became the new Emperor of Muay Thai.

The Story so Far: Sagat later defended his title of Emperor of Muay Thai against Go Hibiki, the father of Dan Hibiki. Go would wound Sagat's right eye and in return, Sagat viciously killed Go, causing him to win the fight. Dan swore revenge upon Sagat.

Sagat then hosted a World Warrior tournament, but Ryu ended his reign when he tapped into the Satsu No Hadou and used the Mestu Shoryuken on the Muay Thai emperor, giving him his trademark scar in the process. Later, Sagat's former pupil Adon challenged his master for the title of Emperor of Muay Thai and won, but not before Sagat had injured the younger man in the process.

The aftermath of the battle left Sagat a broken angry man and he was approached by M. Bison who offered him Shadaloo resources to find Ryu and have his revenge for his service. Sagat's nearly indomitable power brought him up to position as Bison's right-hand man. As Bison's personal bodyguard, Sagat would fight second to Bison himself in the second World Warrior tournament.

Characterization: Sagat encompasses a stereotypical "proud fighter" personality, since he is very powerful and strong-willed, as well as hard-working; he is dedicated in body and spirit to martial arts life. His uncommon physical appearance makes him menacing, hideous and downright unfriendly at first glance, which holds true to a certain extent.

In contrast to his initially violent and sometimes cruel nature, Sagat appreciates opponents that are worthy and of strong character, and greatly despises taking unfair or dishonest advantages in combat. His more honorable traits come to the forefront over time, and his pride gives way to an honesty of sorts similar to Ryu, his purpose now defined by the "heart of battle".

Friends and Foes: He continues to crave battle and is loyal to Lord Bison to a point at which is honor may come into question.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

279 - Goro

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another BOSS LEVEL SPECIAL and this one's from our top selling Mortal Kombat line!

I will give you a warrior's death. - Goro

GORO
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 8-2
Weight: 550
Eyes: Red
Race: Shokan
Skin: Olive
Identity: Publik
Okkupation: Warrior; Shokan Prince
Base of Operations: Outworld
Team Affiliations: Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLEKT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletiks 7 (+15), Deception (+1), Expertise [Warrior] 8 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation 10 (+11/+12) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Kombat [Fireball] 5 (+11), Stealth 1 (+3/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attakk, Benefit (3) (Ambidexterity, Status 2 – Prince of the Shokan), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Klose Attack (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Shokan), Power Attakk (2) (Spinning Fists, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Shokan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Shokan Physiology: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Senses 3 (Infravision, Scent [Akute]), Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 10 pts
Shokan Powers: 13 pt Array; 15 pts
Fireball: Ranged Fire Damage 7 (Flaw: Aktivation [Move Aktion]); 13 pts
Tremor Pound: Burst Area Affliktion 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overkome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Kondition, Flaw: Instant Rekovery [Prone], Limited to two degrees, Limited [Goro must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Spinning Fists: Multiattakk Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Klose Attakk +12 [Unarmed +8, Kritikal 19-20; Spinning Fists +8, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Ranged Attack +6
Fireball Blast +12 [Fireball +7]
Special Attakk [Tremor Pound Affliktion +8, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+9 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Arrogance: Being the Mortal Kombat Tourney Champion for 500 years, he can be very arrogant and dismissive of his opponents.
Motivation: Maintaining his mantle of Mortal Kombat tourney champion and if he loses, regaining it at all kost.
Responsibility: To his people, the Shokan.

Abilities 60 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 30 + Defenses 13 = 141 / 141

Build Comments: Goro was a wicked sub-boss in the early MK games, but eventually became more balanced over time. I hardly ever played with or against him, but the few times I did, I recall getting my arse KICKED. I could have built him closer to his sub-boss level but he's pretty much become a regular member of the cast these days, and Kotal Kahn pwned him in the Mortal Kombat X comics so he's a tough PL10 at least for now.

Secret Origins: Goro is part of the four-armed half-human, half-dragon race called the Shokan. He had been champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament for 500 years before being defeated by eventual tournament champion Liu Kang.

The Story so Far: Goro became Grand Champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament after defeating the Great Kung Lao. For 500 years, he remained undefeated and helped Shang Tsung grow ever closer to achieving Shao Kahn's goal of domination over Earthrealm. In his 10th title defense, however, he faced Liu Kang. Making use of Goro's overconfidence after years of being the undefeated warrior, Liu Kang was able to secure victory. Goro disappeared during the tournament's aftermath, and he was believed to be dead. It is theorized that he actually retreated back to his kingdom during this time. Goro is succeeded by another member of his race, Kintaro, as Kahn's right-hand man during the events of of the next tourney.

Goro would resurface after Kahn's downfall. Despite having the intent to avenge his losses at Liu Kang's hands, Goro began to take an interest in the matters of his own race and joined his fellow Shokans in war against the Centaurians. Princess Kitana intervened and negotiated a truce and peace accord between both races. The meeting was interrupted by Kung Lao who desired to challenge his ancestor's killer. The Shaolin Monk lashed out with a ceremonial strike of revenge that left Goro's chest scarred. Considering the score settled, the two shook hands. When Shinnok and his legion were defeated and Edenia was free once more, Goro and the Shokan race decided to ally themselves with the Edenians, agreeing to sign a peace treaty with the Centaurs as a condition of their new partnership

Years later, the united Edenian and Shokan forces attacked the weakened Shao Kahn's armies. Exhausted from battle, Goro was struck from behind by Noob Saibot. He was mortally wounded, apparently dying from the injury, and Kitana held a royal funeral for the fallen Shokan prince. However, Goro is able to survive, being saved from death by Shao Kahn himself, with the promise of returning the Shokans to their former glory and the banishment of the Centaurs in exchange for his allegiance. Agreeing to these terms, Goro placed his royal seal on a nearby disfigured fallen Shokan (whom Kitana and the Shokan army found and mistook for him, successfully deceiving them while hiding his defection), and resumed his place at Shao Kahn's side.

Characterization: Goro is a vicious and arrogant combatant, but his arrogance is warranted considered it took 500 years for him to be defeated in tourney combat. He is loyal to his people and if he gives his word, he keeps it.

Friends and Foes: Goro has few long-time allies, but he has worked with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung when it benefits both parties. Other than that, he considers anyone he tries to defeat him in combat his enemy.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: FIGHT! Heihachi, Shao Kahn, Geese Howard, M Bison, Sagat, Goro

Post by Jabroniville »

I feel like I should re-watch Street Fighter- I think when I first saw it, the crushing disappointment of how little it resembled the video game (Ken & Ryu as ne'er do well bad boys! Sagat is short and skinny! Guile with an accent! Dhalsim is a scientist and Charlie is Blanka!) burned me so bad that I couldn't enjoy all the funny stuff. I literally have no recollection of "For me it was Tuesday" from a first viewing. Zangief has some great lines in it, too, but I was too grouchy at the time to appreciate it :).

I remember for years everyone talking about what a shame it was that Raul Julia finished his movie career on a movie like THAT, but now it's become a great "Snark Bait" film.
Jabroniville

Re: 278 - Sagat

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:22 am Our BOSS LEVEL SPECIALS continue with this J-Mart Favorite Item for Aisle 9!

Sagat is not God Tier; God is Sagat Tier

Sagat is amazing. Probably the most well-rounded guy in the entire SF-verse. Huge, ripped and devastating, yet torn apart by his loss to the young upstart. He let his obsession build to the point where he became a monster. Then, as the Alpha series moves along, he sees the depths revenge can lead you down, sees it in the eyes of others (like Dan), and learns to move on with his life and accept his failure. Such an epic, great character.

Goro, as always, remains the standard-bearer for "The Guy Before The Guy". He was INSANE in the first Mortal Kombat game, absolutely devastating you with unfair, unblockable moves. And in a game with digitized people fighting, having this inhuman claymation beast in it was such an eye-opener, and a bit of an Uncanny Valley thing.
Thorpocalypse

280 - Ryu

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Now that we've got some bosses in place, it's time for some heroes to fight them! To start this off, we're going to with the one that pretty much set the standard for fighting game heroes! Check him out on Aisle 9!

The answer lies in the heart of battle. - Ryu

RYU
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 187
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception (+2), Insight 9 (+13) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation (+2), Perception 7 (+11), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Hadouken] 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Combat Clarity* (1), Cunning Fighter*, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (M Bison), Favored Foe (Sagat), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, Mandarin, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack (4) (Dragon Punch, Destructive Rising Dragon Fist, Hurricane Kick, Unarmed), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1), Unbalancing Strike*

POWERS:
Martial Arts Training: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt
Fighting Array: 5 pt Array; 8 pts
HADOUKEN!: Ranged Fire Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distracting); 5 pts
Hurricane Kick: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Accurate, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Dragon Punch: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Destructive Rising Dragon Fist: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaws: Activation [Move Action], Inaccurate, Tiring); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Dragon Punch +6, Critical 19-20; Hurricane Kick +4, Multiattack]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Destructive Rising Dragon Fist +12 [Destructive Rising Dragon Fist +8, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +12 [HADOUKEN! +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Akuma and M. Bison.
Involuntary Transformation: The Dark Hadou within him can overtake him if he does not work to control it.
Obsession: The love of battle and being the best fighter he can be. Relationships: He is closest to his best friend and rival, Ken and his mentor Gouken.
Rivalry: With Sagat, as well as other top tier martial artists like Liu Kang, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist and Lady Shiva.

Abilities 78 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 9 + Defenses 14 = 146 / 146

Build Comments: Like I said in the Chun-Li build, I never played much, if any, actual Street Fighter, but I have played the Capcom games so I’ve gotten a little time with Ryu. Much like Liu Kang, he’s the star of the series so he gets a PL10, due to his years of ass kickery.

Some magazines actually rate him as the greatest video game hero of all time. I don’t agree personally but it’s hard to argue that he’s not in the discussion. There’s been dozens of characters in all kinds of games, fighting or other, that obviously follow his archetype.

And come on, who among us hasn’t let out a cry of HADOUKEN! during a moment of passion?

Or is that just me?… :shock:

Secret Origins: As a very young child, Ryu was orphaned and left with no memories about his parents, and whether they were still alive. He was found and adopted by a man named Gouken who raised Ryu in his secluded dojo and trained Ryu in the ways of his martial arts. Shortly afterwards, Gouken would later train his best friend's spoiled son, Ken Masters. Ken served not only as a sparring partner, but also gave Ryu a friend in the form of a boy his own age. Ryu looked up to Gouken as a father figure, and regards Ken as his best friend and surrogate brother, a relationship which remains to this day. When Ryu was in his early 20’s, Gouken believed that Ryu was ready to travel the world in order to test and hone his martial skills against the best fighters from around the world. With this, Ryu left Gouken's dojo, and headed to fight in the World Warrior tournament.

The Story so Far: Ryu is one of the participants of the World Warrior tournament. After defeating all challengers, Ryu's skills earn him the right to fight its host, Sagat. Sagat nearly beats Ryu into unconsciousness and, thinking he had won, drops his guard to help Ryu up. Ryu, however, having such a strong desire to win, allows himself to be engulfed by the Satsui no Hado and he strikes Sagat with a nearly-fatal Metsu Shoryuken that not only knocks Sagat unconscious but also marks his chest with a great scar. After regaining consciousness and discovering what had happened, Sagat swears vengeance on Ryu.

Ryu leaves Sagat behind and returns to his home only to find that Gouken, his master and adoptive father, has apparently been murdered. Learning that Akuma had fought and supposedly killed his adopted father, Ryu began to travel the world to find this man.

He encounters and fights Akuma on a secluded island known as Gokuentou, but Akuma was only testing him. He senses that Ryu has the same powers as he does, and tells Ryu about the Satsui no Hado - a power that consumes the practitioners of their shared fighting style, driving them to win even when it means killing the opponent. Akuma then uses his fist to smash the island, leaving Ryu stranded.

Sometime after escaping the island, Ryu battles Ken and loses. Ken realizes Ryu is not himself and has been deeply troubled since his last victory over Sagat. He gives him his red hairband as a reminder to stay focused, which Ryu was sincerely grateful for. Soon thereafter, a fan of his, named Sakura, comes up and expresses her desire to train under him. Ryu replies that he himself still has much to learn, but allows Sakura to take a picture of him. She swears to make him accept her eventually.

At some point during all this, Ryu is found by Sagat who is out for a grudge match. Ryu protests that Sagat hasn't fully recovered from their last bout, but Sagat persists. Ryu lets Sagat win rather than do any further damage, and Sagat leaves. Only later, upon reflection, does Sagat realize that Ryu held back, vowing to fight him again.

Two years later, Ryu continues to be troubled by what Akuma had told him, compounded by his encounter with Rose, who has intricate ties to M. Bison. She tells him that he cannot defeat Bison unless he fights him at the cost of his soul. True to form, when Ryu confronts Bison, he is defeated despite putting up a valiant fight. Bison takes the semi-conscious Ryu and begins brainwashing him, using the revelation that the Satsui no Hado - the dark power Ryu struggles to avoid using - is akin to Bison's own Psycho Power.

This scene is interrupted by the entrance of Sagat, Ken, and Sakura, each of them having followed Ryu for their own reasons. While Ken and Sakura distract Bison, Sagat challenges the brainwashed Ryu (different versions of this story coexist; in one version, Sagat is offered this battle as an enticement to stay with Shadaloo). Sagat quickly notices the effects Bison's brainwashing have had on Ryu, and, at Sagat's urging, Ryu comes to his senses to confront and defeat Bison, destroying him temporarily.

During the World Warrior tournament, Ryu enters to test his skills, and defeats many of the new warriors. He encourages Ken to re-enter as well. However, it is unknown how far Ryu himself progressed in the tournament, although it is implied he may have lost to Ken.

Sometime after the second World Warrior tournament, Ryu enters into a new tournament to further master his skills as well as reunite with his longtime friend Ken for another rematch. During his journey he meets up with Sakura whom he encourages to train harder. Meanwhile Ryu also meets up with a former rival Sagat and remembers the promised rematch as they fought. During the final round with the Tournament Host Seth, who is actually an enhanced copy of him, he defeats him in the S.I.N. headquarters. During and after this battle the building fell around them as Ryu unleashed the Satsui no Hado on the BLECE machine, a weapon of mass destruction developed by S.I.N. that harnessed the energy in the human body.

During this, Sakura - who has been searching for Ryu - finds him and the BLECE machine, and a pulse of energy from it knocks her into a wall. Ryu defends her by unleashing a Shoryuken on the machine, and they leave the building together, the weapon destroyed.

He then encounters Gouken, who has in fact survived his last battle with Akuma, and Gouken uses the "Power of Nothingness" to seal the Satsui no Hado which is eating at Ryu, knocking him unconscious. Akuma then arrives on the scene to challenge his brother for a death duel, the winner of which will claim "the cub" (meaning Ryu). The outcome of the duel is unknown but, since Ryu is later seen free of Dark Hado's influence, it is very likely that either Gouken won or the battle ended in a draw (possibly interrupted).

Later, Ryu and Ken chase their long-lost master along a cliff face, with Ken wanting Gouken to stick around while Ryu wishes him well. Afterwards, he and Ken trek through the desert while Rufus mocks them on his motorcycle, though it later breaks down and he is left pushing it while Ryu and Ken finally reach Ken's jeep. Ryu later bids Sakura farewell as she, Dan and Blanka leave for home on a cruise ship. Sometime later, having decided that his battles have made him stronger, he meets a now-older Sakura. What happens next is unknown, although Gouken might have taught Ryu the Shin Shoryuken and Denjin Hadoken at some point before the third World Warrior tournament.

Years later, Ryu enters the third World Warrior tournament to further advance his fighting abilities. His most notable fight during the tournament is against Hugo, who is able to withstand his Shin Shoryuken and hold his own. He is defeated by Oro, and continues his travels afterward.

Shortly after the tournament, Ryu meets up with Ken for a friendly match, from which Ryu emerges the victor. He also serves as Hugo's pro-wrestling tag-team partner for a brief period of time before moving on.

At some point, he encounters Alex, whom he solidly defeats. Ryu encourages the young wrestler to continue honing his abilities against strong opponents. Fascinated by Ryu's skill and determined to become stronger, Alex soon sets out to find Ryu for a rematch.

Ryu has continued to travel the world, training with new masters in order to become the best fighter he can be. His current whereabouts are unknown.

Characterization: Ryu is usually a silent, humble, serious individual whose severity is often juxtaposed against the light-hearted, fiery persona of his best friend and oldest rival, Ken. He travels the globe with a stern nature, often appearing to others as boring or detached. On rare occasion, Ryu shows a very bad sense of humor. Cool and calculating, patience is Ryu's biggest strength. Ryu's overarching goal is to become a total master of his fighting style. To this end, Ryu plays the part of the wandering warrior, and takes both his travels and his training very seriously. Although he appears to be aloof and unemotional, Ryu is actually a kind and good-hearted person. He respects others with skills equal to his own and holds heroic figures like Superman, Batman, Captain America, Spider-Man and Cyclops in high regard.

Over time, it seems that Ryu has developed a somewhat more friendly personality. He is still very quiet and reserved, but is willing to greet people with a smile and some kind advice, very much like his master Gouken. Ryu doesn't exactly consider himself a heroic person, but he does fight for innocents when he sees injustice. He also doesn't like shoes.

There is, however, a dark side to Ryu. His drive to improve himself, no matter the difficulty, can sometimes develop into a drive to win and to be the best, no matter what the cost, as these two goals are so dangerously similar. This darker drive is fed by, and in turn feeds, the Satsui no Hado within him, an influence which Ryu must constantly fight to suppress. Ryu's desire to improve can sometimes make his advice to his defeated opponents seem more arrogant and judgmental than Gouken's, though he is fundamentally well-intentioned.

Friends and Foes: Ryu’s greatest rival is his friend Ken, as the two are constantly driven to best the other as fighters. But either would die for the other without hesitation. He also has a great rivalry with Sagat and Master Bison has longed to bring him to his side for ages.

In times when his inner darkness threatens to overcome him, Ryu relies on his friends and rivals - primarily Ken, Chun-Li, Gouken, Rose, Sagat and Sakura - to keep him grounded and snap him out of it.
Thorpocalypse

281 - Ken Masters

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last new item as we continue to add some heroes to our Street Fighter line!

Just gotta kick the big ones until they fall down... That's part of the fun of fighting. - Ken Masters

KEN MASTERS
PL10

Height: 5-9
Weight: 183
Base of Operations: Somewhere, USA

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+11) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+17), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise [Popular Culture] 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation (+4), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+8) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Hadouken] 6 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 3 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Japanese, 1 other, Base; English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Dragon Punch, Hurricane Kick, Unarmed), Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (2), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Martial Arts Training: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt
Fighting Array: 5 pt Array; 8 pts
HADOUKEN!: Ranged Fire Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distracting); 5 pts
Flaming HADOUKEN!: Ranged Fire Damage 6 (Extra: Secondary Effect, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distracting, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Hurricane Kick: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Dragon Punch: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +3; Dragon Punch +5, Critical 19-20; Hurricane Kick +3, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +6
Hadouken +12 [Hadouken! +6; Flaming Hadouken! +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: M. Bison and Shadaloo.
Motivation: Ken loves challenges and constantly seeks to prove himself as a fighter.
Relationships: He is closest to his best friend and rival, Ryu and his mentor Gouken. He is also a devoted family man, who loves his wife, Eliza, and son.

Abilities 78 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 9 + Defenses 16 = 145 / 145

Build Comments: I was never a fan of Ken, I was a Ryu guy all the way, but I know a lot of people who are all about him. But the friendship/rivalry between the two main characters really helped innovate the fighting game storytelling genre, no denying that.

Ken is pretty close to being Ryu’s equal. Ryu hits a little harder unarmed, but Ken’s pretty much the same everywhere else.

Secret Origins: When Ken was about 12 years old, his father, a rich hotel tycoon, thought that his son needed to learn about discipline, or his son would become a spoiled brat all of his life and try to leech onto the Masters' family fortune. In order to do so, the elder Masters sent Ken to Japan to train under his best friend, the mysterious karate master Gouken. At first, Ken was very hesitant to learn from Gouken, wanting to go back to the United States, but later began to respect his master. He even enjoyed the company of Gouken's adopted son, Ryu, since he had a foil to finally pull pranks on, although this got Ken into a lot of trouble. Ryu and Ken would later become best friends and each other's principal rivals.

When Ryu was in his early 20’s, Gouken decided that both of his pupils had grown up to be fine fighters and decided that their training was over and could now leave the dojo. Ryu decided to travel the world in order to continue his training, whereas Ken was finally happy to be going back home to the United States after his years of straining his back for his master, Gouken, and finally learning the meaning of humility. After coming home, Ken competed in many different Martial Arts tournaments held in the United States, winning most of them.

The Story so Far: Ken did not participate in the first World Warrior tournament; instead, he fought in (and won) the premiere U.S. Martial Arts tournament that had been previously won by Charlie Nash, as well as meeting a very attractive girl named Eliza, who became his girlfriend.

After winning the U.S. martial arts tournament, Ken returned to his training ground to tell his master Gouken the good news. There, he witnessed his master's death at the hands of Akuma. Enraged and grief-stricken, he attacked Akuma, only to be knocked to the ground by a single blow.

Ken began wandering the world in search of Akuma, and his friend and fellow student Ryu; he wanted to tell Ryu what happened to their master, and also hoped to win a match against him. He eventually finds Ryu in seclusion. Ryu is dejected upon seeing his long-time friend, but Ken makes him go try out a spar anyway. After winning, Ken realizes how stressed out his best friend is since his fight with Sagat. Ryu explains to Ken that deep within him there is a burning rage - a power trying to overcome him. Giving Ryu his red headband, Ken tells him to stay focused, which greatly cheers Ryu up. Ken returns home and, with Eliza's support, begins training harder, knowing even with his recent feelings, that Ryu is always stronger than he looks.

Ken begins to wonder about his own life. Ryu seemed to be on the right track again, but what of him? Along the road to proving himself again, he encounters Karin, who tells him she has followed his career and is trying to best her rival Sakura to prove she is superior. Ken advises her it's good to have a rival, not for supremacy, but to keep on training harder and focusing. With this, Ken finds himself again and is focused once more.

Going off to meet up with Sakura, they too have a friendly match, and Ken finally realizes that Ryu has the right idea all along. Both he and Sakura begin to travel to find Ryu, but their path crosses with that of Shadaloo dictator M. Bison. Ken confronts him but is easily defeated and placed under Bison's hypnosis. Bison then uses brainwashed Ken to lure Ryu out of hiding. Once Ryu shows up, Bison makes Ken fight him. Ryu wins and manages to release Ken of Bison's mind control.

Ryu then proceeds to fight Bison but loses and is, just like Ken before him, turned into a slave of Bison's Psycho Power. Sagat appears and, enraged by Bison's actions, engages Ryu in an attempt to break Bison's mental grip on him. The now free Ken, aided by Sakura, attacks Bison. This intervention, along with Sagat's presence, makes Ryu come to his senses.

Recovered, Ryu takes on Bison once more. Bison senses Ryu's dark power (which Bison describes as "The ultimate form of Psycho Power") and attempts to manipulate Ryu's mind once again. At his friends urging, Ryu resists and defeats Bison with a powerful Hadoken. Ken is happy to see his old friend again. With a promise of a new duel, the two part their ways.

Ken received an invitation to the second World Warrior tournament; however, since his last U.S. Martial Arts tournament, he had let himself spend too much time with his girlfriend, Eliza, rather than training. Only Ryu's personal challenge rekindled Ken's fighting spirit and persuaded him to enter the second World Warrior tournament.

After the events of Street Fighter II, Ken is married to Eliza, something he had apparently vowed only to do after winning a decisive victory against Ryu. However it is unknown if the two fought during the tournament, or if Ken actually won if they even did. No details have been stated, although it is heavily implied that they indeed did fight, and Ken won.

When a new tournament is announced, Ken is unsure whether to compete, as Eliza is now heavily pregnant and he doesn't want to leave her. Sensing his inner conflict, Eliza assures him that she'll be fine and that the baby isn't due for a while yet, so he should go meet up with Ryu and tell him she says hi. Ken enters, and in the absence of gas stations near the location for the final, he parks his SUV in a convenient spot, calls Eliza to check on her, and continues the rest of the way on foot. Over the course of the tournament, he encounters his self-appointed rival, Rufus, although the results of that match are unknown.

After the tournament, it is discovered that Gouken is still alive, and Ken and Ryu pursue him as he leaves. Ken is upset that Gouken has not said anything to them, but Gouken counters that they no longer need a master. Ken and Ryu head home on foot, and Rufus passes them by on his motorbike, calling them losers. Soon however, Rufus' bike runs out of gas, and Ken and Ryu reach the SUV; Ken offers Rufus and his girlfriend Candy a lift, but Rufus refuses.

Upon arriving home afterwards, he tells Eliza that although he did indeed get to fight Ryu, they had been so busy with the rest of the unfolding events that they hadn't been able to give it their all. Soon afterwards, their son is born and they name him Mel.

Ken then entered the third World Warrior tournament. By this time, a Brazilian teenager named Sean had been pestering him to become his student, and Ken reluctantly accepted, beginning to train him. He fought Sean in the tournament and won against him; however, he drops out upon realizing Ryu was defeated by Oro. Ken begins to train his son Mel in rudimentary fighting techniques. He also told Sean to go find Ryu and challenge him, giving him some free time with Eliza.

Though bored, Ken hears about a mysterious organization and goes to investigate, and he may have confronted Urien. He does win his third straight U.S. Martial Arts tournament victory, which is a new record, and offers the trophy to Sean, although his student says he wishes to earn it for himself. He also learned that Ryu had sought him out and traveled all the way to New York from Oakland for their long-awaited rematch. Tossing some friendly jabs at each other, both have a good fight. Since then, Ken has continued to train Sean and Mel, handle his family and business, and keep up with his old friend Ryu, although he has lost contact with him recently.

Characterization: While Ryu is the more serious and stoic of the two, Ken is the complete opposite. He's flamboyant, unorthodox and unpredictable. He is an alpha male with a giant ego and constantly reminds his opponents about his greatness. While he can be brash, egotistical, and arrogant at times, his heart is pure. He is generally kind, friendly, a good person, and very easygoing. He never backs down from a fight no matter how difficult it looks. Like Ryu, he believes in honor, hard work, endurance, and discipline. He always gives his opponents the utmost respect, whether it is his master Gouken, his best friend Ryu, or his other rival, Terry Bogard.

He is also a committed family man. He nearly didn't enter the second tournament in because he didn't want to leave Eliza so close to her due date, and only entered when she assured him she'd be fine. He still called her to check in and tell her to be careful on stairs.

Friends and Foes: He dearly loves his wife and son and is like brothers with his long time friend and rival, Ryu. He has great respect for his mentor Gouken and has formed a bond with his apprentice Sean. He, like Ryu and Chun-Li, has a great enmity for M. Bison and the Shadaloo syndicate.
Thorpocalypse

282 - Liu Kang

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're adding more heroes to our Fighting Game world with this new item for Aisle 9 as we continue to expand our Mortal Kombat line!

You're good! Show me more. - Liu Kang

LIU KANG
PL10

Height: 5-10
Weight: 180
Hair: Black/Grey
Okkupation: Warrior; Teacher
Base of Operations: Shaolin Temple
Team Affiliations: Shaolin Monks; Earthrealm Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLEKT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletiks 8 (+11), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 3 (+17), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 5 (+6), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation (+3), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Kombat [Blast] 7 (+12), Stealth (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (1) (Status – Multiple Mortal Kombat Tournament Champion), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (3), Extraordinary Effort, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Luck (Recover) (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Bicycle Kick, Dragon Kick, Unarmed), Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Kombat Array: 5 pt Array; 7 pts
Dragon Fire: Ranged Fire Damage 6 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distrakting); 5 pts
Bicycle Kick: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2); 1 pt
Dragon Kick: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 4, Linked [Leaping, Speed], Flaw: Unkontrolled), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr; Extra: Linked [Damage, Leaping], Flaw: Unkontrolled), Leaping 1 (15 ft; Extra: Linked [Damage, Speed], Flaw: Unkontrolled); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Klose Attakk +14 [Bicycle Kick +6, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk; Dragon Kick +6, Kritikal 16-20]
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +3, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attakk +5
Blast +12 [Dragon Fire +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +15 [DC25] Parry +15 [DC25]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shinnok…pretty much all the major bad guys of Outworld.
Honor: While he does not hold to the Shaolin Monk code of not killing, he does generally live by their code and is a very honorable person.
Relationships: He and Kitana have had a long mutual attraction although neither has completed committed due to their responsibilities.
Responsibility: To protect Earthrealm and fulfill his duties as the reigning Mortal Kombat champion.

Abilities 82 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 7 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: If there’s a main hero of the MK setting, it’s Liu Kang. He may look like Shang Chi and Bruce Lee’s kid brother, but he’s a bad ass. He gets a PL10 build like my other potential champions, and it’s been earned. Even if he’s gotten older in the rebooted MK-verse. Initially, I did not like the endings where he turns revenant heel, but I guess they wanted to move on from him as a main hero and get the new characters like Cassie Cage and Kung-Jin into the spotlight. I took him a slightly difference direction in my setting, sending him on walkabout and seclusion until he’s needed again. But I might go with his new timeline role as King of Netherrealm as I am starting to get into the heroes as villains (curse you Hydra Cap and Injustice Superman).

As a build, he’s the best of the main MK fighters overall, hitting his pull PL10 caps and is loaded with enough Advantages to give him a chance against higher level foes. If you throw a few HP at him, look out. I made the Dragon Kick the first real “finisher” that I’ve done, similar to how I’ve handled finishing moves for my wrestler builds in the past. It’s uncontrolled so that you can use it for a dramatic ending shot. With 4 ranks of Improved Kritikal, it’s DEFINITELY a match ender and not something to be used a lot, so I left it up to the GM as to when it’s appropriate.

Secret Origins: Orphaned as a child, Liu Kang was taken in by the Order of Light's Shaolin Temple, hidden in the mountains of Honan Province in China. Trained in the teachings of the Great Kung Lao, Liu Kang's talent in the martial arts caught the attention of Lord Raiden. Raiden saw Earthrealm's last hope in the young warrior monk, and took Liu Kang to see the legendary Outworld master of martial arts, Bo' Rai Cho to further the young Shaolin's development. After several years Liu Kang's training was complete, and then he was enrolled into the top secret White Lotus Society, an order of warriors created by Raiden to defend the Earthrealm.

The Story so Far: As the tenth generation of the Mortal Kombat Tournament approached, Liu Kang was summoned by Shaolin Grandmaster Wu, and was sent by the Temple of Light to defeat Shang Tsung. He desired to defeat Shang Tsung and bring the tournament back to its Shaolin owners. As he made his way to the tournament, he met and became friends with movie star Johnny Cage and Special Forces agent Sonya Blade. At the time of Liu Kang's entry, Outworld had won nine Mortal Kombat tournaments in a row. It is unknown which opponents Kang fought throughout the tournament, but he eventually earned the right to challenge Goro, the current Champion of Mortal Kombat. By exploiting the Shokan's overconfidence, Liu Kang defeated Goro and became the new Champion. Upon hearing of Goro's defeat, Shang Tsung challenged him.

After an epic battle, Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung with his Flying Kick taught to him by Bo' Rai Cho, causing the destruction of the island fortress due to Shang Tsung's defeat, then returned home from the destruction as the new Mortal Kombat Champion.

Coming home from Tsung's Island, he found many of his Shaolin killed in a vicious attack by a Tarkatan horde. Enraged, Liu Kang decided to travel to Outworld, backed by fellow White Lotus member and spiritual brother Kung Lao, Raiden, Sub-Zero (the younger brother of the original Sub-Zero who was killed by Scorpion), and Smoke to seek revenge. Before he traveled to Outworld, Liu Kang went to Hollywood to seek Johnny Cage's help.

Luckily, Liu Kang arrived at the right time as Cage was being attacked by a Tarkatan horde. Now joined with Johnny and Sonya's superior Jax Briggs, they finally traveled to Outworld. At the tournament, he and Kung Lao met Kitana, and Liu Kang began to fall in love with her. He learned the true nature of the Outworld tournament but competed anyway. While it is unclear as to what matches took place, it is known that Liu Kang fought Shao Kahn, eventually overpowering the emperor. It is also strongly possible he also faced Shang Tsung in front of Shao Kahn, defeating him despite his youth and renewed powers, and Kintaro as well. Near defeat, Kahn ordered his forces to destroy the earth fighters, forcing Earth's heroes to return home and to begin preparing for the coming invasion.

After returning to Earthrealm, Liu Kang, along with Kung Lao, began training a new generation of Shaolin Warriors, but was interrupted when the invasion began. As Kahn's extermination squads were sent to kill Earth's chosen warriors, Liu Kang found himself the primary target. Kung Lao, who went against Shao Kahn, was nearly killed by a powerful spell. Enraged, Liu Kang challenged the Emperor to Mortal Kombat, and after the final battle, he defeated Shao Kahn again, causing him and his forces to retreat back to Outworld. The souls that Kahn had trapped were set free and, just before the portal closed, Liu Kang was thanked by Kitana for his part in saving both Earth and her realm from Shao Kahn.

Liu Kang traveled to America to look for a new generation of Shaolin warriors to train. While there in America, he met his old friend Kai. The two then traveled back to China, where Liu Kang trained Kai to be a Shaolin Warrior. However, the peace was not to last, as the fallen Elder God Shinnok had escaped from the Netherrealm through a portal to Edenia. Upon learning that Kitana had been captured, Liu Kang set out on his own to save her, but he was unsuccessful. Liu Kang returned to Earth, where he began gathering Earth's warriors to save Earth and assist his mentor, Raiden.

Eventually, Liu Kang confronted the fallen Elder God Shinnok and once again emerged victorious, effectively ending his attack on Earth. Liu Kang returned to the Shaolin Temples, believing he has lost Kitana forever. However, the Edenian Princess appeared through a portal from Edenia and thanked Liu Kang for all he had done. She offered him a chance to join her at the throne of Edenia. However, due to the responsibilities as a Mortal Kombat Champion, Liu Kang was forced to decline her offer.

Liu Kang eventually stepped down as Mortal Kombat Champion and went out a sabbatical for unknown reasons. He has not been seen in some time.

Characterization: Liu Kang is a heroic and loyal warrior, and one of the greatest fighters in any realm.

Friends and Foes: Liu Kang has many allies on Earthrealm, including Jax, Sonya Blade, Johnny Cage and others. He is an enemy of Shang Tsung, Shinnock, Shao Kahn and the Tarkata. He and Kitana have had a mutual attraction for years, but have never truly taken their relationship any further because of their duties.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

283 - Terry Bogard

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our Fatal Fury line as we add more fighting game heroes to Aisle 9!

Oh, Andy. You've become so strong. Not! - Terry Bogard

TERRY BOGARD
PL10

OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 2
Height: 6-0
Weight: 170

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception (+3), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+3), Stealth (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Martial Strike* (1), Power Attack (2) (Burning Knuckle, Unarmed), Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Chi Array: 6 pt Array; 9 pts
Power Geyser: Cylinder Area Chi Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Cylinder Area [30 ft cylinder], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 6 pts
Power Wave: Line Area Chi Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Line Area [30 ft line], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Burning Knuckle: Chi Energy Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Accurate); 1 pt
Bogard Combo: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Bogard Combo +5, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Burning Knuckle +16 [Burning Knuckle +4]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3; Martial Strike Unarmed +4]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Energy Geyser +6, Cylinder Area; Power Wave +6, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Crimelord Geese Howard.
Relationships: He is close to his brother, Andy.

Abilities 74 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 9 + Defenses 15 = 123 / 123

Build Comments: Terry Bogard is one of the few “western everyman” main heroes of the fighting game genre. Most of the others tend to be patterned after the “eastern mythic hero” archetype, at least the ones I generally think of.

Terry is a pretty straight-forward fighter, so I didn’t give him a lot of Advantages and skills, counting on his Luck and PL10 caps to get him through most of fights. I built him to go in, start swinging and don’t stop until the fight is over. If I rebuild him for my setting, I actually see him as the ultimate street level PL8 scrapper that is a truckstop legend, but would have no real shot against someone like Nightwing or DD without some serious luck. But he would get the girl in the end because he’s dope like dat.

Secret Origins: Terry and Andy were orphans who raised themselves on the streets. They were soon adopted by Jeff Bogard and eventually lived in Southtown. When Terry was 10, he witnessed the death of his father at the hands of Geese Howard. Knowing that they needed more training to confront Geese, the brothers made an oath to spend a decade to fine tune their martial arts before trying to avenge their father. Unlike his brother Andy, who left Southtown to train in Japan, Terry chose to wander in his home country, combining the skills learned from his father, his father's mentor Tung Fu Rue, and abilities gained from the streets.

The Story so Far: A decade later, the crime lord Geese Howard organized a tournament, dubbed The King of Fighters. Terry, Andy and Muay Thai Kickboxing champion Joe Higashi would enter with the purpose of facing Geese. The battle that followed would eventually see Terry defeating Geese, and for some time, it was thought that Geese perished in the battle. The next year saw Geese's half-brother Wolfgang Krauser take control of The King of Fighters, and bringing the once Southtown-only tournament onto the world stage. The finals of this new tournament would again see Terry fighting the sponsor and him ultimately defeating Krauser. During this event, he befriended many of the contestants and became a hero of Southtown.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Terry Bogard is an incredibly charismatic, cheerful and friendly man with everyone around him. He bears no ill will towards anyone other than Geese Howard, the killer of his adoptive father. His relationship with Andy is that of respect, recognizing his younger brother as his fiercest rival. He feels a sense of kinship with Blue Mary for her loss, and the two developed a long time relationship. Terry is also well-informed of what goes on in the streets.
Thorpocalypse

284 - Andy Bogard

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a companion piece to our last new item as we continue to add to our Fatal Fury line!

Oh my G... How did you managed to survive? Well, prepare to die again, old guy. - Andy Bogard

ANDY BOGARD
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 2
Height: 5-7
Weight: 152

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+13) [Agile Feint, Up the Wall], Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), , Deception (+2), Expertise [Ninja] 4 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Blast] 9 (+12), Sleight of Hand 2 (+5), Stealth 5 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Deep Ties* (1) (Motivation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Instant Up, Languages (1) (Japanese, 1 other, Base: Japanese), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Chi Combo, Unarmed), Sweeping Strike*, Takedown (2), Teamwork, Up the Wall*

POWERS:
Human Weapon Array: 4 pts Traits; 5 pts
Hishouken!: Ranged Chi Energy Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminshed Range [10/25/50], Distracting); 4 pts
Chi Strike Combo: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Chi Strike Combo +5, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +3
Hishouken! +12 [Hishouken +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Andy strives to improve his fighting skill and does not want any distractions.
Relationships: He is close to his brother, Terry, and Mai Shiranui, with whom he shares an attraction, but do to his quest to become a great fighter, he has not pursued.

Abilities 70 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 5 + Defenses 12 = 124 / 124

Build Comments: Andy is Terry’s little brother and he’s one of the main heroes in the series, although in a very secondary role. He’s a top notch fighter, but not on Terry’s level. And he also happens to have the hottest woman in the series in love with him and doesn’t do anything about it. Based on that alone, he’s way down on my respect list!

Secret Origins: Andy is one of Jeff Bogard's adopted sons and the younger brother to Terry. When their father dies at the hands of Geese Howard, Andy decided to perfect his own martial art over at Japan to differentiate himself from his brother. During his time in Japan, Andy was taught the Shiranui-ryuu Ninjutsu (Shiranui Style Ninja Technique) and a form of empty-handed combat called Koppouken by Hanzo Shiranui.

The Story so Far: A decade after Jeff's death, he reunites with Terry in South Town. After paying respects to Jeff's grave, they encounter Joe Higashi and learn about the King of Fighters tournament hosted by Geese. He enters with them in an attempt to avenge their father, but lost before he reached Geese. When Terry defeated Geese, Andy felt a mixed sense of closure and returned to Japan to continue his training.

After their first King of Fighters tournament, a new tournament was held, this time hosted by Wolfgang Krauser. Andy, though present in the competition, did not accomplish much story-wise. And the following tournament, Andy suffered a chest wound that continued to hamper him in the Real Bout series.

Ever since Geese's death, the fall of the First Southtown, and the birth of Second Southtown, Andy has been busy training Hokutomaru through the ways of Shiranui-ryuu Ninjutsu and Koppouken. Instead of fighting in the tournament himself, he sends Hokutomaru in his place to see what his apprentice has learned. In Hokutomaru's ending, Andy writes him a note saying that he was proud to see Hokutomaru's progress. Then he ended the note by saying he is no longer his teacher but his rival and that they will cross paths again.

Characterization/Friends and Foes: Andy is a quiet and rather stoic man who always sets his sights on improving himself. Although he is usually serious, he breaks form when confronted with things that make him uncomfortable -such as his height- and hides his embarrassment with boastful declarations, probably underlying his diffidence in a sense. Andy acts as the withdrawn and analytical observer amongst his friends. As far back as he can remember, He has never won anything over his elder brother and seems to suffer from an inferiority complex because of it. He respects him yet feels that he has to one day overcome him.

He's also in love with Mai, but rarely expresses it, as he personally feels that he is not yet mature enough to handle marriage and training at the same time. He seems perplexed by Mai's actions towards him but will do everything he can to protect her. Their relationship is usually used for comedic effect in the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series.