J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: 151 - Supergirl

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Updates to Kara and a new pic. Because Melissa Benoist...um, yeah...

New stuff coming soon, just doing a lot of clean up for testing and such before I continue my current PL adjustments. Started a Batman test. May have to tone down his skills. So far the lowest Perception roll I've gotten for him is 32, I think. Kinda makes surprise rounds on him a bit hard to pull off. ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:57 pm One of the hottest new items in our Heroic LADIES' NIGHT that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

Some of us try hard to make the world a better place than it was when we found it. I know that's what I try to do. I won't always be successful. But that's life. I'm Supergirl. This is my life ... and y'know what? I'm pretty happy with it. (For now at least.) - Supergirl

SUPERGIRL (KARA ZOR-EL)
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 120
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 8 (+10), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 5 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Interpose, Languages (3) (English, 9 others, Base: Kryptonian), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 7 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 7 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 13, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 32 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 32,000 mph/60 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Women: 27 pt Array; 30 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 27 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 13; 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3 (+23 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +2
Heat Vision +7 [Heat Vision +13]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +9, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +9, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +14 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Supergirl loses her powers and her Str and Sta are reduced to 1 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of her powers.
Relationships: She is close with her cousin Clark Kent (Superman), Conner Kent (Superboy), Lois Lane-Kent and Martha Kent.
Responsibility: Supergirl feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all and try to live up the standards her cousin has set.
Secret Identity: She sometimes goes by Claire Connors.
Vulnerable: Supergirl is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. She loses her ranks of Impervious and her ranks of Protection against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 84 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 103 + Defenses 12 = 230 / 230
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: 83 - Batgirl

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You check my old threads to confirm, but I'm telling everyone I had the idea to bring Babs back as Batgirl right before DC did it. Not that it would do me any good for DC to acknowledge, but by Thor, they should!

I did build her at Batgirl but I recently picked up the cheap trade of the Batgirl series with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl and I decided that's the direction that I want to go at this point. So Barbara is Oracle in the Thorpocaverse again. She will always be the quintessential Batgirl, of course, but she was such an important character as Oracle and not just from the diversity standpoint, but as the center of the Bat Family and oftentimes the entire DCU. Having Oracle as resource in my shared universe just feels right to me.

Wendy will still get to be Proxy and I'm thinking I will move her, Marvin and Wonderdog to Bludhaven to help out Nightwing. Seems like a good fit for him to have his own "Oracle" and I'd like to shift a lot of the jobbers from Marvel's New York and Gotham there so thin out the villain scene in those overpopulated areas.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:21 am Time take a break from the Villains of Gotham and get Batman some help patrolling the streets! And that leads us to a GOTHAM LADIES' NIGHT! Check out this first new item for Aisle 1!

Suddenly, I get it. I see him. I see why crooks are terrified, why Dad doesn't talk about him. He's not a myth or a nightmare. He's a real man, a human being. And now I know what being driven really means. And I know I want my life to matter. - Batgirl

ORACLE (BARBARA GORDON)
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 10; DPL: 7; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 128
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Gotham City, USA
Team Affiliations: Birds of Prey; Batman Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 7, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+5), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise [Computers] 13 (+20) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Criminology] 4 (+11), Expertise [Dance] 2 (+9), Insight 9 (+13), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 9 (+16) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 11 (+15), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+11), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 7 (+6), Technology 8 (+15), Treatment (+7), Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (4) (Cipher 3, Can use Expertise [Computer] for Gather Information and other specific Investigation checks as allowed by GM), Close Attack (3), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (10), Improved Disarm, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Escrima Sticks, Unarmed), Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack (5), Skill Mastery (Expertise [Computers]), Speed of Thought*, Takedown (1), Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Escrima Sticks: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double; 3 pts
Batarangs: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 4 pts
Vehicle: (8 pts)
Oracle Chair: Size - S, Strength - 1, Speed - 1, Def - 4, Tough - 4, Features - Taser (Affliction 5 [Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated]); 8 pts
Headquarters: (19 pts)
Clocktower: Size - S, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Masterwork Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3 [DC30], Workshop; 19 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +2; Escrima Sticks +4; Chair Taser Affliction +5]
Ranged Attack +9
Throwing +11 [Batarangs +4]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Grenade Affliction +6, Burst Area; Tear Gas Grenade Affliction +6, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Barbara is paraplegic due to her spinal injury when she was shot by The Joker.
Enemy: The Calculator, Spy Smasher, The Joker (for obvious reasons), her brother, James Gordon Jr.
Flashbacks: The trauma of her near fatal shooting at the hands of The Joker sometimes manifests itself in flashbacks to that moment
Relationships: The Bat Family and Dick Grayson in particular, her father Jim Gordon, The Birds of Prey
Secret Identity: She guards her identity Barbara Gordon fiercely

Abilities 62 + Skills 49 (98 ranks) + Advantages 33 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 159 / 159
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart: Minor remodeling...

Post by Bladewind »

Point totals and little variances aside, I'm tickled to see that you and I had similar approaches to our Supergirl builds. And you made the same choice I did when it came to Speed and Flight as Dynamic Alt Powers. And, you put the Senses as an Alt Power to Heat Vision too.

Having said that, your (and my version) have the Improved Init inside an array slot. which means that she loses her Init Bonus when flying. What's your take on that in play? It never actually came up for me (I was playing Supergirl over in Neo-Paladin's Merge game), but technically speaking, her monstrous Init should drop by 20 if she takes to the air.

Would you have the init change any round she flies (which can be really interesting from a player perspective)?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Green Lantern (John Stewart): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HAPPY ST. PATRICK's DAY J-Mart Customers! As celebration of this fine day (and while I'm still sober ;) ) we're going to be dropping a few GREEN LIGHT SPECIALS! Check out this top seller on Aisle 1!

No Manhunter escapes the man. - Green Lantern John Stewart

GREEN LANTERN (JOHN STEWART)
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 3; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 201
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Brown
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: New Oa
Team Affiliations: Green Lantern Corps; Justice League; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Architect] 10 (+13), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+7), Technology 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Lionheart*, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Power Attack (1) (Force Blast), Ranged Attack (7), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim)

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited to Power Ring effects); 3 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 131 pts Traits, Removable (-26 pts); 105 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/32 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 35 pts
Personal Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Force Manipulation: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 45 pts
Force Constructs: Create 15, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Precise); 33 pts
Movable Force Constructs: Create 9, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable, Precise); 1 pt
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 15, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Extra: Dynamic); 1 pt
Force Lifting: Move Object 15, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs], Flaw: Concentration); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +10 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +11 [Force Blast +15; Force Constructs Create +15; Movable Constructs Create +9; Force Lifting Move Object +15]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll, +15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +9 (+11 against Fear Effects, +15 for Power Ring Effects, Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: John has romantic feelings for his retuned wife, Katma Tui, his former enemy turned Star Sapphire Fatality (Yrra Cynril), and the possible future mother of his son, Shayera Hol.
Enemy: Because of his years as a member of the Green Lantern Corps he has garnered many enemies.
Guilt: John feels responsible for the destruction of the planet Xanshi and has never completely forgiven himself.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: He is close to all the other Earth Green Lanterns as well as several other members of the Corps.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 56 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 108 + Defenses 20 = 224 / 224

Build Comments: John Stewart has always been a fave of mine so he will remain a main player in the GL-verse of my setting(s). I really focused on his sniper abilities, but he can lay a pretty strong blast if he has to with Extraordinary Effort and Power Attack.

Secret Origins: John Stewart was an architect who was selected by the Guardians of the Universe as Hal Jordan's backup after Guy Gardner was seriously injured in a disaster. Although Jordan objected after seeing that Stewart had a belligerent attitude to authority figures, not unlike himself, of course, the Guardians stood by their selection. Jordan complied and recruited and equipped Stewart with the standard uniform and power ring.

After a rocky first mission together where they had the assignment of protecting a racist politician. But with John proving his mettle even when dealing with someone like that, Jordan concluded that Stewart was an excellent recruit after all.

The Story so Far: For some time, Stewart occasionally filled in for him as Green Lantern when Jordan was unavailable, including some missions of the Justice League. After Jordan gave up being Green Lantern, the Guardians selected Stewart to full time duty. Stewart filled that role for some years, during which time he married Katma Tui, the Green Lantern of the planet Korugar. After Tui’s murder, John resigned his position for a while to but after a brief period of mourning, he became Green Lantern once again and became a member of the Justice League.

His most difficult experience occurred when the gods of Apokolips and New Genesis made an alliance to face a threat against the galaxy and he was one of the heroes called upon to help. Four aspects of the Anti-Life Equation had invaded the universe, and each intended to destroy a planet that would begin a process threatening to destroy the galaxy. John teamed with Martian Manhunter to save the planet Xanshi from one of the aspects. Tragically, they failed due to John arrogantly believing he could stop the aspect's plan on his own. Xanshi was destroyed, and the guilt drove John to the brink of suicide.

He recovered and has been one the Corps greatest members. He has seen the Corps through its most dangerous times, dealing with Krona, the Sinestro Corps War, the War of Light, the Blackest Night and other great events. He and the other Green Lanterns assigned to Sector 2814, Abin Sur, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner and Simon Baz all rotate membership in the Justice League depending on who as assigned to Earth at the time.

Characterization: John can be strict and abrupt due to tragedies in his earlier life and his military service but he is also compassionate and loyal. And where he was once in his life, he is now never afraid to take the big shot.

Friends and Foes: John gets along well with the other Sector Green Lanterns and more Corps members overall. He had romantic relationships with Shayera Hol and Vixen after his wife died, but not too long ago, Katma Tui turned up alive (under mysterious circumstances, but the Guardians confirmed that is indeed her) and they have resumed their relationship.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
slade the sniper

Re: J-Mart: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Green Light Specials!

Post by slade the sniper »

I am glad that you gave John Stewart (my favorite Lantern) Ranged Attack as a broad descriptor instead of limiting it to the Power Ring. I feel that this is appropriate due to his previous experience as a Marine Corps Scout Sniper. I think it is appropriate that he has Deadshot levels of accuracy (if not higher, but those can be power stunts), so thanks for that. John Stewart is awesome.

-STS
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Green Light Specials!

Post by Thorpocalypse »

slade the sniper wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 pm I am glad that you gave John Stewart (my favorite Lantern) Ranged Attack as a broad descriptor instead of limiting it to the Power Ring. I feel that this is appropriate due to his previous experience as a Marine Corps Scout Sniper. I think it is appropriate that he has Deadshot levels of accuracy (if not higher, but those can be power stunts), so thanks for that. John Stewart is awesome.

-STS
Thanks. You hit upon my line of thinking in regards to his sniper background exactly. I'm looking forward to him being back in the League when Scott Snyder takes over shortly.
Thorpocalypse

Green Lantern (Guy Gardner): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL that is actually hitting the Aisle 1 shelves as we speak!

Did you just say "festoon"? The hell kind of word is "festoon"? Maybe you could win a spelling bee. Here's your chance to back up that fancy vocabulary with your mitts. I didn't bring my ring. Take off yours. Let's find out who's champ. You win, you can "festoon." - Green Lantern Guy Gardner

GREEN LANTERN (GUY GARDNER)
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: -; DPL: 13; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 180
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception (+2), Expertise [Bartending] 5 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 6 (+9), Stealth (+2), Vehicles 4 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Green Lantern Honor Guard), Defensive Roll (3), Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Power Attack (2) (Force Blast, Force Lifting), Second Chance (1) (Will Checks vs. Opposed Will Checks), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Will 7 (Flaw: Limited to Power Ring effects); 4 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 132 pts Traits, Removable (-26 pts); 106 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move] Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 13 (16,000 mph/32 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 35 pts
Personal Force Field: Protection 8 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 29 pts
Force Manipulation: 35 pt Dynamic Array; 47 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Dangerous, Dynamic, Reach [5 ft], Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3; Force Weapons +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +17; Force Lifting Move Object +17; Force Constructs Create +17; Force Constructs Movable Create +11]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll, +15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +9 (+17 for Power Ring effects, Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Pain In The Ass: Guy has mellowed some but he still has a pretty abrasive personality.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Relationships: Ice, The other Earth GLs.
Reputation: Guy Gardner is hard-nosed and stubborn. People usually expect the worst from Guy... and they usually get it.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector as the Green Lantern of Sector 2814 and/or fulfill his duties as Honor Guard member of the Corps.
Temper: He does have a wee bit of a temper at times. OK, more than a wee bit…and more than "at times"…
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 52 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 110 + Defenses 21 = 214 / 214

Build Comments: Gotta love Guy Gardner. He went from jerk, to likable jerk, to not-so jerky likable to plain out bad ass awesome dude you would want watching your back in a dark alley. Amazing transition over the years.

Secret Origins: Guy is an ex-police officer and middle child of a family with a long tradition of membership in the Baltimore Police Department going back to 1860. He has a strained relationship with his father Ebenezer Gardner, a decorated cop forced into disability after taking a bullet in the line of duty, for issues related to the unexplained incident which kicked Guy off the police force.

The appointed Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814, an alien named Abin Sur from the planet Ungara, crash-landed on Earth after being mortally wounded. As Sur died, his power ring sought and found two potential successors: Guy Gardner and Hal Jordan. Jordan was nearer to the crash, so he was chosen over Gardner. Gardner was relegated to backup status should anything happen to Jordan. He became the second human to earn a Green Lantern ring after coming to the rescue of his older brother Gerard who had become pinned down during a police shootout with a street gang.

The Story so Far: He was later partnered with Jordan briefly after completing his training under Kilowog. During an earthquake, Gardner was hit by a bus while attempting to rescue his younger sister. During his recovery, the Guardians recruited John Stewart to be Jordan's new partner. For a while, he was without a ring, but after an altercation with Thanos taxed the Corps to its limits, he was re-inducted into the Corps and has been a stalwart member ever since.

Characterization: Guy, despite being boorish, is quite intelligent graduating from the University of Michigan with a high GPA and finishing near the top of his class at the police academy. Before injuring his knee, he was a star college football player.

He has rubbed many people the wrong way with his abrasive personality, but he is loyal to a fault and even Superman said he’s on his short of beings that he’s encountered that he would want watching his back in a street fight.

Friends and Foes: Guy is close to the other Earth GLs and Kilowog. He has a rivalry with the alien villain Xar and all the other enemies of the GL Corps. He still holds a grudge against Batman for knocking him out in a JL meeting once, too.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL getting stocked on the Aisle 1 shelves!

I remember a time when there weren't any Green Lanterns left. Just me. I carried the torch. That was a dark time. We survived. I don't know what threats are coming. All I know is they're going to have their hands full. Because the Green Lantern Corps is back. And that's not all. I'm back. Let's get to work. - Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

GREEN LANTERN (KYLE RAYNER)
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 1; DPL: 13; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 180
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Art] 9 (+11), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+9), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Extraordinary Effort, Lionheart*, Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Will)

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited to Power Ring effects); 3 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 134 pts Traits, Removable (-27 pts); 107 pts
Personal Force Field: Protection 9 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 30 pts
Force Manipulation: 36 pt Dynamic Array; 48 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 17, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Extra: Dynamic); 36 pts
Force Constructs: Create 17, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 11, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 17, Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Minions: Summon 4 (60 pt minions; Extra: Dynamic, Multiple Minions 2 [4 minions], Variable Type 2 [Broad, Hard Light Constructs], Flaw: Concentration); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Power Ring +9 [Force Blast +17; Force Constructs Create +17; Force Lifting Move Objects +17; Movable Constructs Create +11]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +11 (+17 for Power Ring Effects, Ultimate Effort)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Major Force.
Relationships: Jade, Soranik Sinestro, the other Earth Green Lanterns.
Responsibility: To protect the universe as the White Lantern.

Abilities 42 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 110 + Defenses 27 = 207 / 207

Build Comments: Rayner is probably my least favorite of the Earth GLs, but he’s still a pretty neat character. I just have a soft spot for Guy and John and since I grew up in the heyday of the Green Arrow/Green Lantern comic and Hal will always be THE Green Lantern to me. But Rayner kept the legacy going when they didn't know which way to go, and he continues to be an integral part of the Corps.

Secret Origins: Kyle Rayner was a struggling graphic artist in Los Angeles. Son to Aaron and Maria Rayner, Kyle was raised a Mexican-American military brat. Maria was a painter, Aaron however used the Military as a cover for he was a C.I.A. agent. At the age of 3, he had to leave Kyle with his mother. He never came back yet was never listed as killed in action. Years later Kyle found out his father's real name was Gabriel Vasquez but was already scarred from growing up fatherless.

One night, while hanging in a bar with some friends, he excused himself for a bathroom break. The bathroom had a long line; so, he decided to go in the bar's alley. He was greeted at the door by one of the Guardians of the Universe, Ganthet. He gave Kyle a Green Lantern Ring. Ganthet explained the role of the Green Lantern Corps, and chose Rayner because he has the ability to overcome fear like other Green Lanterns. When Ganthet saw the ease with which Kyle summoned his first construct he exclaims "it would seem I chose well."

The Story so Far: Kyle fought some terrestrial threats before he was located by Guy Gardner and John Stewart who took him to Oa for his training. After proving himself to be a talented Green Lantern due to his will and his creativity in his constructs, Kyle was chosen to be a member of the Green Lantern Cops Honor Guard. He was a leader during such events as the Sinestro Corps War, the Blackest Night and other events. He even wielded the full power of the Ion entity for a time. He was a member of the Justice League on several occasions when he rotated to Earth duty and even was a short term member of the Guardians of the Galaxy during one of their many battles with Thanos.

Recently, Kyle had returned to Earth and was using his signature creative constructs to save construction workers caught in an accident. Out in the universe, Red, Blue, Pink and Yellow power rings bearers are decommissioned. Their rings set their location for Earth and the four rings state they choose Kyle to harness their power. The decommissioned bearers’ peers tracked the rings and ambushed Kyle to retrieve them.

Kyle manages to defeat the ring's owners with the arrival of Saint Walker, the two then depart Earth to Oa feeling Ganthet is the only one who could offer a explanation for why all the rings sought him out. Before arriving on Oa, he and Saint Walker were attacked by the second Annihilation Wave and barely escaped. Walker believed that the rings were sent to Kyle for him to master to allow them to battle this massive threat to the universe. Over the next few weeks, they managed to convince the leaders of the other corps to help Kyle master all the colors of the emotional spectrum and once he did, he became the White Lantern. With his ability to wield all the powers of the Corps, he had become the most powerful Lantern in the universe.

After many adventures as the White Lantern, Kyle sacrificed his abilities to save the universe and has returned to the Green Lantern Corps.

Characterization: Although he recognizes the seriousness and importance of being a Green Lantern, he never had the arrogant attitude of being placed above others. As a Green Lantern, Kyle has lost many people close to him, but manages to lighten his mood and everyone around him due to his cheerful nature. His obedience to helping those close to him due to his incredible will, lets him overpower the fear he feels from losing them and potentially others. He is a friendly guy who is always interested in making friends and meeting new people, which is one of the reasons he enjoys being a Green Lantern. Kyle is a huge flirt and hopeless romantic, which makes him very attractive to most women he’s come in contact with across the universe.

Friends and Foes: Kyle is close to the other Earth GLs, particularly Guy. He has had several romantic relationships, most prominently to Alex, Jade, Donna Troy, Tigra, Ballistic and fellow GL Soranik Natu. He is currently single, but he’s been seeing a lot of Jade, just as friends, and John and Hal have been telling him to make it work with her, but he’s focusing on his role as a Lantern at the moment.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Davies

Re: J-Mart: Green Lanterns - John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner

Post by Davies »

... Tigra?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am ... Tigra?
It's a Merged U, and both characters are known for... multiple partners. It fits :).
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am
Davies wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 am ... Tigra?
It's a Merged U, and both characters are known for... multiple partners. It fits :).
In other words:

Giggity giggity! ;)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 am Point totals and little variances aside, I'm tickled to see that you and I had similar approaches to our Supergirl builds. And you made the same choice I did when it came to Speed and Flight as Dynamic Alt Powers. And, you put the Senses as an Alt Power to Heat Vision too.

Having said that, your (and my version) have the Improved Init inside an array slot. which means that she loses her Init Bonus when flying. What's your take on that in play? It never actually came up for me (I was playing Supergirl over in Neo-Paladin's Merge game), but technically speaking, her monstrous Init should drop by 20 if she takes to the air.

Would you have the init change any round she flies (which can be really interesting from a player perspective)?
Huh. I didn't think about it going away when flying, but technically, I guess it would. I may have to take a look at that again.

You could go with the changing Init when flying, I suppose, but it seems kind of clunky. That's never stopped me from doing something like that before, though.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:14 pmYou could go with the changing Init when flying, I suppose, but it seems kind of clunky. That's never stopped me from doing something like that before, though.
I suppose it could fit well with the idea of rolling initiative every round.

Personally I separate out initiative bonuses and other such static benefits from the flight array into their own container, but keep the speed ranks and some of the quickness ranks in it.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Thorpocalypse

318 - Aquaman

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this OUTRAGEOUS J-Mart Favorite Item that's hitting the Aisle 1 shelves!

Dressed like a Bat. I dig it. - Aquaman

AQUAMAN
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 7; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 375
Eyes: Black
Hair: Blue
Skin: Olive
Race: Atlantean Human Hybrid
Base of Operations: Atlantis
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9/+13), Athletics 1 (+13/+17), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Deception (+4), Expertise [Atlantean Lore] 8 (+10), Expertise [Magic] 5 (+7) [Ritualist], Expertise [Monarchy] 7 (+9), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+9), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10/+18), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Benefit (5) (Status, Wealth, Resources 5 – Ruler of Atlantis), Favored Environment (Aquatic), Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Trident, Unarmed), Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Aquatic Physiology: Immunity 3 (Cold, Suffocation [Drowning], Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]); Senses 2 (Darkvision); 7 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent), Feature 1 (Longevity); 5 pts
Built for the Depths: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 7; 9 pts
Underwater Mastery: Enhanced Skills 4 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited [Underwater]); 4 pts
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 3 (800 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 3 pts
Outrageous Movement: 10 pt Array; 11 pts
Fastest Sea Animal: Swimming 10 (500 mph/1 mpr); 10 pts
Great Leaps: Leaping 10 (1 Mile); 1 pt

King of the Seven Seas: 49 pt Array; 51 pts
Summon Large Marine Life: Summon 8 (120 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Mental Link, Variable Type [Marine Life], Multiple Minions 2 [4 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or Near Water], Self-Powered); 49 pts
Summon Marine Life: Summon 4 (60 pt minions, Extra: Horde, Mental Link, Variable Type [Marine Life], Multiple Minions 8 [16 Minions], Flaw: Limited [In or Near Water], Self-Powered); 1 pt
Marine Telepathy: Comprehend 4 (Understand, Understood by Animal, Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Communication 4 (Mental, Flaw: Limited [Marine Life]), Enhanced Skills 4 (Persuasion 8 ranks); 1 pt

Atlantean Trident: 11 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-4 pts), Feature 1 (Indestructible); 7 pts
Trident Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Disarming, Penetrating 6, Reach 1 [5 ft]); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +12]
Close Attack +10 [Trident +14, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Throwing +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Black Manta, Scavenger and others.
Relationships: Aquaman dearly loves his wife, Mera, and is close to his former ward Garth, the current Aqualad, Tula, Vulko and others in Atlantis.
Responsibility: As King of Atlantis, Aquaman must often attend to the needs of his people and his duty to the Seven Seas
Rivalry: Prince Namor, Attuma and his brother Orm (Ocean Master) and he have a long running rivalry for dominion over the undersea world.
Temper: Aquaman is known for his fierce, warrior temper when tested.
Weakness: Aquaman dehydrates when away from water for an extended time, becoming impaired, disabled, and finally incapacitated before his condition becomes dying. Immersion in water immediately removes all accumulated conditions.

Abilities 100 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 97 + Defenses 14 = 255 / 255

Build Comments: Well, well, well...What are the Aquaman critics saying now?

Not only has Aquaman had one of the best books in the DCnU since the New 52 (at least what I've read up until Rebirth), his incarnation in the Brave and the Bold cartoon was great and Jason Mamoa was one of the (few) highlights in the Justice League movie. And from what I'm hearing, the solo Aquaman movie might save the DCEU. Well, at least stave off its death for awhile, anyway...

So eat sea crow ya blowholes and get offa my man!

Regardless, as most of you know, I have always been a fan and I will never forgive Super Friends for nearly ruining him. :evil:

Secret Origins: Arthur Curry was the son of Atlanna, an Atlantean princess banished from Atlantis due to her interest in and frequent visits to the surface world; and Tom Curry, a surface man and lighthouse keeper. One night, amidst a terrible storm, Tom Curry would find Atlanna thrown up on the shore by storm-tossed waves, and rescue her from harm. Both Curry and Atlanna made the lighthouse their home and developed a strong bond that would quickly lead to a sentimental relationship, which in turn, would lead to the birth of Arthur Curry.

Tom Curry accepted his relationship with Atlanna, and though he always knew there was more to her than she would let on, he'd never ask her about her origins. After Arthur was born, all of that became even more irrelevant as his presence there cemented the bond between the two. Two years after his birth, young Arthur was found by his father playing underwater after he had apparently been there for an hour without drowning. Several years later, Atlanna revealed that she came from the lost continent of Atlantis and that Arthur had inherited her ability to live and breathe underwater, as well as her power to communicate with and control all marine life. Shortly thereafter she disappeared, leaving Tom to raise Arthur himself.

The Story so Far: After Atlanna's disappearance, Arthur's father became determined to train him both physically and mentally so that he would one day be in complete control of his powers. He was assisted by his friend, Stephen Shin. Arthur was also taught by his father to view himself as someone special, as a savior of the oceans, as The King of the Seven Seas. Later, after his father's death, Arthur Curry would leave the lighthouse which had been a home to him and his family for years, to venture into the oceans and find his true destiny. He would later become the King of Atlantis and marry Mera, a visitor from an other-dimensional water-world known as Xebel. Arthur would also take young Aqualad under his wing and fight the forces of evil side by side with the occasional help of his wife.

He would also become a founding member of The Justice League and was part of an offshoot team known as The Others. He has had several confrontations with his brother Orm (Ocean Master), Prince Namor and Attuma, who have all laid claim to the throne over the years.

Recently, after being greatly distressed by the harsh treatment given during some years from Atlantis, Arthur decides to abdicate from his role as their King, returning to full-time heroics. On the surface, Aquaman struggled with his lack of reputation with the greater public, still seeing him as an inefficient, weak metahuman with useless powers, constantly subject to ridicule. However, after the events in which Ocean Master and the Atlanteans waged war on the surface world, Arthur regained the throne and becomes king of Atlantis again to try settle all differences between both worlds and to make Atlantis a powerful and striving nation once again.

Characterization: Aquaman is one of the greatest heroes on Earth and has garnered the respect of the superhero community and the citizenry of Atlantis with his strength of will and his commitment to doing what is right.

Friends and Foes: He has a strong rivalry with Prince Namor of Sub Diego, who feels that the Atlantean throne is rightfully his, but both have put aside their differences when the greater good is at stake. Same with Attuma. He and Orm have a complicated relationship, similar to Thor and Loki’s, where they have worked together against common foes, but Orm remains jealous of Arthur the two have had several memorable confrontations.

His greatest enemy is Black Manta. The two have a long and bitter rivalry. The hatred that Black Manta and Aquaman share was due to Aquaman mistakenly killing Manta's father (intending to kill Black Manta) - seeking vengeance for the death of Arthur's father following an attack by Black Manta.
Yojimbo

Re: J-Mart: Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Post by Yojimbo »

I like a badass Aquaman. The Rebirth version of the book has been pretty awesome, too, btw.

Why Impervious 7? My understanding of 3E Impervious is that only half the ranks are actually immune to damage, so he's immune to a 3.5 rank damage effect?