J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Deadpool: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MERRY CHRISTMAS from the J-Mart staff! I hope everyone is having a great holiday and Santa got all of you everything you wanted. I know one person that is probably having their best Christmas ever: Ryan Reynolds! In honor of such, check out this J-Mart Favorite item for our Marvel Aisle!

I had another Liam Neeson nightmare. I kidnapped his daughter and he just wasn't having it. They made three of those movies. At some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.

Now, I'm about to do to you what Limp Bizkit did to music in the late 90s.

A fourth wall break inside a fourth wall break? That's like, sixteen walls.

Tell Beast to quit sh*tting on my lawn!

DEADPOOL
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 210
Eyes: Brown
Hair: None
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: X-Force; SHIELD; Avengers; Justice League; Deadpool Corps; Mercs for Money

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 7 (+12), Deception 11 (+13) [Daze, Improved Taunt, Taunt], Expertise [Mercenary] 9 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+8), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 8 (+13), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Daze (1) (Deception), Diehard, Equipment (8), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (2) (Long Blades, Firearms), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Taunt*, Improvised Weapon (2), Languages (2) (German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Base: English), Power Attack (4) (Katanas, Knives, Guns, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (2), Taunt

POWERS:
Hello Faithful Readers! Senses 1 (Fourth Wall Awareness); 1 pt
Crazier Than a Sack of Ferrets: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited to mental effects), Immunity 10 (Mental Effects, Flaw: Limited to half effect); 7 pts
Healing Factor: Regeneration 8 (4 every 5 rounds, Extra: Persistent, Regrowth), Immunity 2 [Aging, Disease (Limited), Poisons (Limited)], Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 21 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Katanas: (6 pts)
Twin Katanas: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Double; 5 pts
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 1 pt
Arsenal: (22 pts)
Twin Uzis: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Split; 19 pts
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Unarmed +5; Twin Katanas +7, Critical 18-20; Katana +6, Critical 18-20; Knives +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Twin Uzis +6, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Assault Rifle +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Shuriken +1, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Fragmentation Grenades +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +6 (+10 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: He has a crippling addiction to Yoo-Hoo. And chimichangas.
Enemy: T-Ray and many others with the list growing daily.
Greed: He'll do just about anything to make a buck.
Mental Instability: He's crazier than a sack o' ferrets and has multiple conversations going on his head with…himself. He also has bouts of drifting off into his own fantasy world, even during intense combat.
Relationships: Despite their occasional differences, he reveres Cable.
Reputation: Most everyone knows he's crazy, hero and villain alike and generally do not like associating with him.
Rivalry: He really, really wants to beat Wolverine but he always comes out the loser in the end and he also has a rivalry with Taskmaster, although they do have a respect for each other. Sorta…

Abilities 78 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 29 + Defenses 12 = 190 / 190

Build Comments: Flashback to Christmas time last year. The Deadpool movie was on the horizon, right? Be honest. Did any of you have any inkling that the movie would make close to a billion dollars worldwide?!?!?!

I DID!

I know you did, Wade, but you're crazy.

Crazy like Will Smith, G! And WAY more profitable this year. I mean, Suicide Squad did bank, but that last piece of sh*t movie that just came out, that's made like what, $12? Geez, what happened to him? Remember the first Men in Black? That was some dope...

...Uh, Wade? I gotta get this posted before my wife wakes up from her Christmas nap...

Sorry, my man. Carry on.

Thanks. So anyway, Deadpool was the surprise hit of the year and well deserved. It was great. I have concerns about the next one with Tim Miller leaving, but hopefully Reynolds can make it work again. We'll see. On the comic side, thanks the movie, Deadpool has taken over from Wolverine as the character in the most comics at Marvel these days. He's in at least 5 ongoings that I can think of and there were at least two miniseries that he had as well. It's a great time to be the Merc with a Mouth for sure.

Secret Origins: Wade Wilson is a man shrouded in mystery. For instance: Wade Wilson may not be his real name and his back story may have been stolen from another person. He remembers a mother who died of cancer when he was five, another mother who beat him during his teen years, and also of a father who abandoned him and hasn't been seen since childhood and still another father who died in a bar room altercation when he was 17. The final father is the only one who is definitely real, all the other snatches and fragments of memories may be the result of his broken psyche.

Hey, my psyche is only cracked!

He remembers an upbringing in Ohio, but even he recognizes that this may not be true. This mysterious young man joined and quickly excelled in military service, or at least the combat side of service. The strict hierarchy and rules didn’t jibe with the young man’s sense of self and his absolute need to rebel against authority figures, clearly military life was not for him and he was dishonorably discharged. The military did teach him two things: he was good at killing and he enjoyed it, so he quickly found work as a mercenary, though at first he only took on targets who he felt deserved to die.

Thank goodness I got past THAT…

Eventually he wound up in Japan as a Yakuza enforcer where he fell in love with one of the boss’ daughters. The young man’s mind was already in a state of radical instability, though, and he knew the relationship could never be, so he returned to America and ditched his previous moral code in addition to changing his entire identity, even his appearance, after each failed mission, fracturing his mind even more severely.

When an ordinary couple stumbled upon the wounded mercenary in the woods, they took him into their home, the woman even nursed him back to health, but again his unstable mind strikes and he becomes enamored with the young woman and envious of her life with her husband. So he burns their house down and kills her husband before accidentally killing her too. He takes the name Wade Wilson and believes himself to be the dead woman’s husband, but still returns to the mercenary trade. It was later found out in the Cable/Deadpool series, that this story was a lie, and Deadpool is the real Wade Wilson.

Word.

It’s at this stage in his life that he meets the shape-shifting prostitute Vanessa Carlysle. The young couple quickly fall in love, both of them tainted by pasts they’d rather forget. Wilson’s possibly idyllic life is shattered, however, when contracts cancer and leaves Vanessa because he doesn’t want to burden her with his failing health.

‘Cause I’m a gentleman.

Wilson joins Canada’s Department H, seeking a cure for his cancer, which they promised but never delivered on. Wilson built up his reputation working with the mechanized man Garrison Kane, fellow mercenary Sluggo and the suspicious Greg Teraerton. When Teraerton began to exhibit psychotic tendencies, Wilson killed him and was kicked out of Department H. He was sent to a facility called the Hospice and within that facility came under the dubious care of Dr. Ermys Killbrew’s "workshop", a place for failed experiments. After being experimented upon multiple times, Wade is repeatedly visited by a hooded woman who comforts him and, after multiple visits, he falls in love with her. However the woman, it turns out, is the physical embodiment of Death, who Wade sees and can communicate with because he’s so close to dying.

Just wait ‘til me and Thanos have our big throwdown over her!

Wanting to join Death he began taunting and defying his guards, hoping they would have him killed, but all the lead guard Ajax did was gladly sent him in for more of Killibrew's excruciating tests. The guards began to bet on when patients would die next, throwing their money into a “dead pool” the winner of which would win the pot. To Ajax and Wade’s dismay, he continued to survive and Ajax wasn’t authorized to kill a patient unless that patient had killed another. When Wade finally attacks Ajax, the guard responds with incredible brutality, but accidentally triggers Wilson’s healing factor, allowing the mercenary to escape with a few of his fellow inmates. He mockingly dubbed himself “Deadpool” and went back to his mercenary lifestyle.

The Story so Far: Yikes! That’s enough of that crap, let me take over the rest of this before you put the Tankers to sleep!

OK, Wade, have at it.

OK, so the story so far is that…um…um…I did some stuff…killed some people…actually, I killed a LOT of people…ate a LOT of burritos…drank even more Yoo Hoo than I ate burritos and killed people…got a pet HYDRA agent named Bob…hung out with Cable (we’re still bros, what up C-Dog?)…fought myself…no, really…kicked Wolverine’s ass all over creation…

No, you didn’t…

*gun click*

Um…carry on…

Thank you. And generally spread love and pure undistilled AWESOME all over the universe!

Characterization: World class piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimp!

Friends and Foes: For some reason, there are some people that don’t like me. Like T-Ray. He’s a douchebag. But everyone else loves me!

Well…

*gun click*

Oh, come on Wade, you can shoot me but that won’t make the fact that you have pissed off most of the Thorpacoverse at one time or another!

I guess you’re right.

BANG!

OW! My foot!

You know what? Now I KNOW you’re right! It didn’t change anything! See, I can admit when I’m wrong. And yet people still don’t get me…boggles the mind…

Randal…ambulance...

*Sigh* I AM on my break. You know. This is gonna cost you a day off with pay.

Why in the name of Thor do I run this store?!?!?!?
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun May 03, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Nightcrawler: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another item from our X-Verse line hitting the Aisle 2 shelves!

I dare say...I was born for this. Raise the flag, X-Men. And let's go be amazing. - Nightcrawler

NIGHTCRAWLER
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 8; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 161
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: Blue
Skin: Blue
Race: Mutant
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Westchester County, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; Outsiders; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 9, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+18) [Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 8 (+10), Deception (+2), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 4 (+13), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Close Attack (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Languages (2) (English, Krakoan, Latin, 2 others, Base: German), Move-by Action, Set-Up (2), Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Teamwork, Weapon Bind

POWERS:
Shadow Blending: Concealment 2 (Visual, Flaw: Blending, Limited [to Shadows]); 1 pt
Wall Crawling: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling [Normal Speed]); 4 pts
Night Vision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Mutant Physique: Extra Limbs 1 (Prehensile Tail), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 3 pts
BAMF!: 24 pt Array; 26 pts
Bamfing: Teleport 9 (2 Miles; Extras: Turnabout, Increased Mass 3 [400 lbs]); 22 pts
Rapid Attack Bamfs: Burst Area Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area 2 [60 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Sickening Bamfs: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Flaw: Grab-based, Inaccurate); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Twin Rapiers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous 2, Split; 7 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Twin Rapiers +6, Critical 19-20]
Sickening Bamf +10 [Sickening Bamf Affliction +8]
Ranged Attack +4
Special Attack [Rapid Attack +4, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Kurt is a very religious man and tries to live his life in a Christian manner.
Monstrous Appearance: Kurt's demonic appearance can be unsettling for people and make it difficult for him blend into normal society.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He is close to Colossus, Wolverine and Storm, is Rogue's half-brother and has a complicated relationship with his mother, Mystique, as well as with his half-brothers Kiwi Black and Abyss.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.

Abilities 72 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 18 + Powers 34 + Defenses 14 = 164 / 164

Build Comments: This take on Kurt was really easy. He goes to PL10 with a couple of attacks and defenses and pretty much everything else was set because I was pretty happy with my last review of him. I need to test him or another teleporter because I haven’t used the power much at all in either 2E or 3E but from what I have seen, it's not as bad to GM as I thought initially.

Secret Origins: Kurt Wagner was born with certain unusual physical characteristics, but his power of self-teleportation did not emerge until puberty. Margali Szardos, a sorceress and gypsy queen, allegedly found Kurt an hour after his birth, in a small roadside shelter in the Black Forest with his father lying dead on the road outside. However, this claim was later called into question, and it was subsequently proven that Kurt's mother is Mystique, also known as Raven Darkholme, and his father is the demonic warlord Azazel. Mystique revealed that she threw him into a well after a large mob found out about Nightcrawler's existence, and Azazel admitted that he secretly saved his son from the fall, giving him to his lover and crony, Margali Szardos, to raise him. Margali took the baby to the small Bavarian circus where she worked as a fortuneteller, as a cover for her activities as a sorceress. Wagner was never legally adopted by anyone, but was raised by all the members of the circus, who had no prejudices against mutants. Margali acted as Kurt's unofficial foster mother.

Kurt grew up happily in the circus, and his two closest friends were Margali's natural children, Stefan and Jimaine. Long before his teleportation power emerged, Wagner had tremendous natural agility, and by his adolescence he had become the circus' star acrobat and aerial artist. Circus audiences assumed that he was a normal-looking human wearing a devil-like costume.

Years later, the Texas millionaire Arnos Jardine, who ran a large circus based in Florida, heard of the circus for which Wagner works and bought it. Jardine intended to move its best acts into his American circus; however, he demands that Wagner be placed in the circus' freak show. Jardine drugs him to prevent escape but a young mutant child with the ability to sense other mutants helps Kurt escape. Appalled, Wagner leaves and makes his way toward Winzeldorf, Germany, where his foster brother Stefan is. He discovers that Stefan has gone mad and had brutally slain several children. When they were younger, Stefan made Kurt promise to kill him if he ever took an innocent life. Two nights after leaving the circus, Wagner finds Stefan and fights him, hoping to stop his rampage. In the course of the struggle, Stefan is killed.

The villagers of Winzeldorf, who assume from Kurt's appearance that he is the one who killed the children, attack. They are about to kill him when they are all psychically paralyzed by Professor Charles Xavier, who came to recruit Wagner into the X-Men. Before they leave for America, he and Xavier go to the Bavarian circus to explain to Margali about Stefan's death, but Margali was gone.

The Story so Far: Known as Nightcrawler, Wagner becomes a member of the X-Men. Jimaine holds Wagner responsible for murdering Stefan, and creates a facsimile of the hell from Dante's Inferno in which to punish him years later. Through the use of Doctor Strange's all-seeing Eye of Agamotto, she learns the truth, and she and Wagner are reconciled. Wagner is happily reunited with his foster sister Jimaine, who now lives in the United States and had changed her name to Amanda Sefton, later becoming Kurt's girlfriend.

While he recovers from injuries sustained during a Sentinel attack, his fellow X-Men are apparently killed on a mission in Dallas. Not long after, Nightcrawler and Shadowcat leave to join Captain Britain in an adventure in the UK. They fought Gatecrasher's group of inter-dimensional mercenaries known as the Technet. The heroes work together so well, they decide to form a group they name Excalibur. Captain Britain originally assumes leadership of the group, but Nightcrawler gradually takes the responsibility. While Captain Britain and Meggan's relationship goes through a rocky time Nightcrawler becomes interested in Meggan, a feeling that is reciprocated but never consummated. During his time with Excalibur, he takes charge of the Technet, renaming them his 'N-Men', and he becomes romantically involved with his teammate Cerise before she leaves to stand trial for the Shi'ar. Later, his former girlfriend, Amanda Sefton, joins the team and the two continue their previous relationship. She leaves the team to take control of Limbo, a task that keeps her away from Earth, but the two remain close friends. Fearing it would be stolen from her, Amanda magically hides the Soulsword inside Nightcrawler's body.

For a time, Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler express some resentment over the X-Men's failing to contact them after their supposed deaths. Following the wedding of Captain Britain and Meggan, Excalibur disbands and Nightcrawler returns to the X-Men with Shadowcat and Colossus. Yet, as soon as they return, they face a group of impostors following Cerebro, in the guise of Professor X.

Wanting to devote more time to priesthood, Nightcrawler shares team leadership with Archangel. He has also met his half-brothers Nils Styger, alias Abyss, and Kiwi Black. With them, Nightcrawler defeated his father Azazel, who had tried to use him as a pawn in escaping his prison.

Afterwards, Professor X recruited him, along with Darwin, Havok, Marvel Girl, Warpath, and Polaris, to participate in a space mission to stop Vulcan from laying waste to the Shi'ar empire. During the battle with Vulcan, Nightcrawler helps get the injured Professor X and Darwin back to their spaceship. While there, trying to save Professor X, Lilandra sent the ship on its way back to Earth, leaving half the team behind.

When the first mutant since M-Day appears, Cyclops sends Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Angel, Storm, and Colossus to find former Acolytes for information on the Marauders. It was predicted by Blindfold that Kurt would be seriously injured in the upcoming events and indeed this came true when he was shot by the Marauder, Scalphunter. Kurt seems to have nearly fully recovered from his injuries since he, along with Beast, the entire New X-Men team are teleported to Muir Island by Pixie. He takes part in the final battle.

Nightcrawler briefly believes that he no longer has a role with the X-Men, especially due to Pixie's abilities in teleporting. A trip back to Germany renews his conviction through an encounter with a boy cursed by gypsies into demonic form, a brush with Mephisto, and a romantic fling before he returns to San Francisco to aid the X-Men against a foe they struggled with, lacking his help.

After several adventures with the team, Nightcrawler flies with Wolverine and the rest of the team to Westchester when Cable and Hope are detected there. When Nightcrawler finds out about X-Force's lethal methods that have been kept from the rest of the X-Men, he argues with Cyclops. Later, Rogue and Nightcrawler fight an enhanced version of Bastion. When Bastion tries to kill Hope, Nightcrawler teleports to her aid, but Bastion detects Nightcrawler's mutant powers activating and extends his arm into the space in which Nightcrawler will materialize. Nightcrawler rematerializes around Bastion's arm, fusing with it, and is mortally wounded. With Nightcrawler's last breath, he teleports the girl to Utopia. As he dies upon their arrival on the island, Nightcrawler tells Hope that he "believes in her." Bastion reboots its system shortly after, with a three-fingered appearance.

Despite his death, Nightcrawler continues to aid his friends. When Wolverine is possessed by a demon, Nightcrawler enters his friend's mind to help him drive out the invader, although the other X-Men who entered Logan's mind to help him assume that Nightcrawler was just a manifestation of Wolverine's mind rather than the real one.

In Heaven, despite enjoying paradise, Nightcrawler continues to feel as though he had unfinished business, remaining on the periphery rather than actually joining the heavenly choir. When Azazel mounts an attack on Heaven using his connection to Kurt as a door, the other X-Men are able to create a portal to Heaven via the power of the Bamfs, strange creatures that resembled miniature versions of Nightcrawler, allowing them to aid Kurt in his fight. Having gathered his friends to aid him in fighting off Azazel's forces, Kurt uses the Bamfs and his connection to Azazel to restore himself to life back on Earth, thus preventing Azazel from attacking Heaven again by tying them both together, although this results in Kurt sacrificing his own soul to ensure that Azazel will not be able to return to Heaven. His 'Welcome Back' party is subsequently attended by all the X-Men - even Cyclops' branch of the team, despite the tensions between them, Nightcrawler stating that he wants all of his family to be present - although Nightcrawler briefly leaves the party to confront Mystique when she is attempting to find Azazel.

Characterization: Among his more ironic character traits, Wagner is an extremely religious man. A devout Catholic, his demonic appearance obviously makes it very difficult to attend Mass. Despite this, as mutants in the Marvel Universe become more accepted, he even managed to almost become a Catholic priest; unfortunately his studies were interrupted by a villainous group known as "The Neo".

In contrast, Nightcrawler also has a knack for the spontaneous and exciting. He sees himself as a swashbuckler, usually comparing himself to Errol Flynn. He is, despite his looks, always charming and gallant, and several storylines contain Kurt's love life as a conflict to his religious nature. His days in the circus make him a gifted performer and showman. Kurt is also a jokester. He has a great sense of humor for someone in his situation. He always plays pranks on people; some even call him "Trickster" because his combined teleporting abilities and playful disposition enable him to play quite the joke.

Friends and Foes: Nightcrawler is close to several of the X-Men and is closest to his original teammates, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm and Banshee. He has a complicated relationship with his mother and father, both of whom have fought him on many occasions but also show signs that they love him deep down. Nightcrawler's siblings include his foster sister Rogue and half-brother Graydon Creed from Mystique; and Abyss and Kiwi Black from Azazel.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:31 am, edited 8 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

45 - Moon Knight

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new item for our Marvel Aisle with this new FULL MOON Special!

I've died before. It was boring, so I stood up. - Moon Knight

MOON KNIGHT
PL: 10 (200 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+14), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Military] 5 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+12), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 3 (+7), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+12), Investigation 12 (+16) [Well-Informed], Perception 11 (+15), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+14), Stealth 10 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 7 (+11), Treatment 2 (+6), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (5) (Wealth 4 [Multimillionaire], Multiple IDs), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (15), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Thrown Weapons, Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (2) (Swahili, Spanish, 3 others, Base: English), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Takedown (1), Tracking, Trance, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Multiple Personalities: Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(75 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Movement 1 (Safe Fall, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 2 pts
Crescent Darts: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 6 pts
Arsenal: (10 pts)
Crescent Bolo: Ranged Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Impeded, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized); 8 pts
Truncheon: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Double; 1 pt
Swingline Truncheon: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Vehicle: (37 pts)
Moon Glider: Size - H, Str - 8, Speed - 8, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features - Autopilot, Cloaking, Communications, Machine Guns (Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6), Remote Control; 36 pts
Knight Limousine: Size - H, Str - 9, Speed - 6, Def - 6, Tough - 10, Features - Autopilot, Communications; 1 pt
Headquarters: (20 pts)
Spector Manor: Size - H, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed, Dock, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 20 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +15 [Truncheon +5]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Crescent Bolo Affliction +4]
Throwing +14 [Crescent Darts +2, Critical 19-20, Multiattack],

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Raoul Bushman, Black Spectre, The Profile.
Mental Instability: Mark has multiple personality disorder and can shift from one to the other unexpectedly.
Motivation: Justice.
Relationships: His off and on lover, Marlene, his best friend, Frenchie.
Responsibility: To be the Fist of Khonshu.
Secret Identity: No matter which personality he has, he tries to keep it secret.

Abilities 80 + Skills 53 (106 ranks) + Advantages 49 + Powers 2 + Defenses 16 = 200 / 200

Build Comments: Moon Knight has gone through so many interpretations, it’s hard to come up with a core build for him. Is it the one where he’s going enhanced strength and stamina at night thanks to Khonshu? Is the one that actually has Chi like Iron Fist that allows him to increase his strength and healing? Is that one that doesn’t seem to have any powers and is more like Marvel’s answer to Batman? Any version seems plausible.

I went with the pretty standard costumed vigilante that’s a little crazy and has a few power points that could be used to power stunt a little enhanced strength or healing if it fits the story. And his skills are based more on the fairly recent Mark Ellis version that is GREAT. Check it out. Mr. Knight is the bomb.

Secret Origins: Born in Chicago, Illinois; Marc Spector was the rebellious son of a studious Jewish rabbi whose family had fled Europe in the 1930s to escape the Holocaust. Marc could not understand why his father refused to fight against his people's persecution and grew disgusted with his pacifistic ways, viewing him as a coward.

Rejecting his father's faith, Marc started out as a heavyweight boxer before eventually joining the U.S. Marines where he was trained as a commando. Shortly afterwards, his skills led to his recruitment into the Central Intelligence Agency where he worked with William Cross (who later became the villainous Crossfire) and his own brother, Randall Spector. However, Randall betrayed the CIA and was secretly smuggling and selling weapons and when Marc's lover discovered this and when she tried to turn him in, he brutally murdered her with a meat cleaver. In retaliation, Marc hunted Randall down but during the fight, Randall was seemingly killed by an exploding grenade.

Fed up with the CIA, Marc went independent and became a fierce soldier of fortune, renowned for his willingness to do anything providing the job paid well enough. In Africa, he met a French mercenary, Jean-Paul "Frenchie" DuChamp, who would become one of Marc's closest friends and Marc's pilot.

While working for the terrorist Raoul Bushman, Marc became increasingly disturbed by Bushman's savagery and ruthlessness. For the first time in his life, his conscience had awakened and it troubled him deeply. Then in Selima, Sudan, they stumbled across archaeologist Dr. Peter Alraune's excavation of an Egyptian Pharaoh's tomb. Believing there was gold and riches within, Bushman murdered Alraune to plunder the tomb.

Sickened by Bushman, Marc tried to do the decent thing and helped Alraune's daughter, Marlene escape from Raoul's attentions. Annoyed with Marc's betrayal, Bushman brutally beat Spector and abandoned him in the desert so that he would suffer before he died.

Barely conscious, Spector staggered to the ancient tomb for shelter. Marlene was there with her father's men and brought Marc to rest near a statue of the moon god, Khonshu.

Weakened from his fight with Bushman and the elements of the desert, Marc Spector died. As Marlene cried over his cooling body, Spector suddenly came back to life claiming that he had a vision that Khonshu had brought him back from the dead in order to be the Moon's Knight of Vengeance.

Spector removed the burial shroud from the statue of Khonshu and wrapped it around himself as a makeshift cloak before he confronted Bushman once again and this time, he was victorious and thus Moon Knight was born.

The Story so Far: After defeating Bushman, Marc returned to the United States with Marlene and Frenchie along with the statue of Khonshu. He decided to continue his work to fight a war against evil and used his savings that he had collected during his mercenary days and invested it, turning it into a small fortune which he proceeded to finance and support his private war and set up shop in New York City.

In an effort to distance himself from his mercenary days, Marc created the persona of Steven Grant, a millionaire entrepreneur and high-roller whose jet setting personality enabled him to walk among the high rollers and elite of New York City. Realizing the value of these contacts as criminal activities are often plotted and planned at cocktail parties and boardrooms, Marc also decided to create a persona for lower level contacts and invented the identity of Jake Lockley, a New York cab driver. Through Lockley, he was able to make several contacts "on the streets" such as Bertrand Crawley and Gena Landers plus her sons Ricky and Ray.

Shortly after developing his costume and weapons along with a customized helicopter known the "Mooncopter", Frenchie posing as a French businessman made contact with a group of aristocrats known as "The Committee" who had plans to capture and retrieve Jack Russell, the Werewolf By Night whom they intended to use as a weapon to fulfill their desire to rule the city. Frenchie acting as the go-between, presented the Committee members with Marc Spector as a mercenary and ostentatiously revealed the Moon Knight costume and weapons which Frenchie claimed that he had created to battle Russell.

Although Marc was successful in defeating Russell, his suspicions were realized when he discovered the Committee's goals and proceeded to release Jack and defeat "The Committee" which earned him their undying enmity and established Moon Knight as a vigilante to be respected.

Since then he has had countless adventures, been a Defender, Avenger and Outsider and has become a well-known member of the superhero community.

Characterization: Due to his multiple personalities, Moon Knight possesses formidable psychic resistance and most telepathic or mental attacks are less effective on him. It has also been noted by several people that Moon Knight possesses an extraordinary degree of pain tolerance and has casually ignored debilitating wounds and major injuries to keep fighting.

Moon Knight is a highly skilled combatant who is equally adept in both unarmed and armed fighting techniques. Throughout his varied careers as a boxer, marine, commando, and CIA agent, Moon Knight possesses a wide range of skills and abilities including military strategy and tactics, infiltration and stealth techniques, military interrogation and torture techniques, driver evasion techniques, and is a competent pilot who can fly most types of aircrafts. He is an expert in a wide variety of military firearms including pistols, sniper rifles, and machine guns with a marksman rating. His military training and background makes him not only an unconventional hero, he can and will use drastic means and extreme violence to stop criminals.

Taskmaster claims that there is no one's fighting style that he hates copying more than Moon Knight's. This is because unlike most other fighters, Moon Knight prefers not to block or evade an attack or injury if it allows him the opportunity to counterattack his opponent; much like how some boxers will actually court their opponent to attack and trusting in their stamina and ability to take punishment.

Friends and Foes: Despite their many trials and tribulations, Frenchie has remained his loyal best friend. He also remains close to Marlene despite their off-and-on romantic relationship.
KorokoMystia

Re: J-Mart: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! The Gift of Deadpool, Moon Knight

Post by KorokoMystia »

Merry Christmas! I find it odd that nobody's made a build of Marvel Santa Claus, though. Maybe it's because his powers would pretty much all be Variable, and he's supposedly an immensely-powerful omega-level mutant? (Or a elf/frost giant hybrid, depending on the continuity)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

KorokoMystia wrote:Merry Christmas! I find it odd that nobody's made a build of Marvel Santa Claus, though. Maybe it's because his powers would pretty much all be Variable, and he's supposedly an immensely-powerful omega-level mutant? (Or a elf/frost giant hybrid, depending on the continuity)
I really should take a run at Santa, it just seems I get down to the time and I don't have time. What I should do is build him in August and just wait to post him. ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Deadpool is rad, as always. And hard to place by PL, since a lot of his comic Features him being badly-beaten. Moon Knight, as always, suffers from a lack of top-line, famous creators. It leaves him much more obscure than he probably should be. He's at best a side character, and a TV/Movie version will probably stick him in the sharp, but evil-looking suit, to avoid the obvious "Batman" comparison.
Thorpocalypse

46 - Green Lantern B'ox

Post by Thorpocalypse »

HAPPY BOXING DAY to our Canadian brethren! In honor of this fine day, J-Mart is adding a few new special items to our shelves! Check this one out on Aisle 1!

Happy B'oxing Day!

GREEN LANTERN (B'OX)
PL: 12 (178 pts) - OPL: 12; DPL: 12; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY -4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Deception (+0), Expertise [Green Lantern Lore] 6 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+0), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 10 (+10), Stealth (-4)

ADVANTAGES: Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Great Will: Enhanced Will 6 (Flaw: Limited to Power Ring effects); 3 pts
Box Physiology: Senses 3 (Tactile [Acute, Ranged, Extended), Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects); 34 pts
Green Lantern Power Ring: 151 pts traits, Removable (-30 pts); 121 pts
Attention Green Lantern...: Features 2 (A.I. and Green Lantern Corps Database); 2 pts
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link to Central Power Battery); 1 pt
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Understood in All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Extra: Action [Move], Flaw: Limited to Senses); 7 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light [reduce partial concealment to none, total concealment to partial]); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Feature 1 (Use Will [DC20 check] to increase Flight speed instead of Athletics); 37 pts
Force Field: Impervious Protection 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Immunity 10 (Life Support); 34 pts
Moving B'ox: Enhanced Dodge 12 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 8 (Flaw: Sustained); 20 pts
Force Manipulation: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 39 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Constructs: Create 14 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 9 (Hard Light Constructs; Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mass Communication: Communication 5 (Subspace audiovisual projection; Any Distance, Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +0
Ranged Attack +0
Power Ring +10 [Force Blast +14; Force Lifting +14; Force Objects +14]

DEFENSES:
Dodge -4 (+8 with Moving B’ox) [DC6/18] Parry +0 (+8 with Moving B’ox) [DC10/18]; Toughness +0 (+12 with Force Field, +6 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +8 (+14 for Power Ring Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: B'ox has no arms and legs. Without his ring, he is immobile and mute.
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Responsibility: To protect his space sector.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Abilities 0 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 157 + Defenses 6 = 178 / 178

Build Comments: I figured since it was Boxing Day, this would be the perfect day to drop my update of B’ox, one of the more unique members of the GL Corps. There wasn’t a lot of info available about him so I had to wing a lot of it, but I like how he came out. Without his ring, he’s basically an immobile box. But with the ring, and little Moving B’ox pun-power I gave him, he’s a shuckin’ and jivin’, flying, blasting machine.

The Story so Far: A unique entity among the Green Lantern Corps, B'ox is a sentient being resembling a large, black, rectangular shaped cube. B'ox was first seen fighting the Spider Guild invasion of Oa, and later served under Kilowog during the SInestro Corps War. Most recently, B'ox was part of the quick reaction force mobilized in response to the massive breakout of the Sciencells on Oa.

Friends and Foes: He is loyal to the Corps has acquired many of their enemies.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Puck: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We continue with our HAPPY BOXING DAY Specials with this fine build that hails from the great nation of Canada!

And you - you must be the ravishing Betsy Braddock. May I call you Lizzie? I'll be damned if you don't got legs taller than I am. - Puck

PUCK
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 6; DPL: 9; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 3-6
Weight: 230
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Team Affiliations: Alpha Flight; The JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Adventuring] 8 (+10), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment], Intimidation (+2/+0), Investigation 5 (+7) [Contacts], Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 3 (+5) [Connected], Sleight of Hand (+3), Stealth 3 (+11/+15), Technology 3 (+5), Treatment (+2), Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Improved Disarm, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (3) (French, Japanese, Spanish, Latin, 6 others, Base: English), Leadership, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2), Trance

POWERS:
Compressed Physique: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1 [1 mph/15 fpr], -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2); 11 pts
Compressed Body: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 5 (Own Slam Attack Damage), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 6 (120 [60] mph/1800 [900] ft pr); 23 pts
Black Raazer Possession: Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Cold, Poison [Flaw: Limited]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +7]
Ranged Attack +7

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +9 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Black Raazer.
Relationships: Puck has been in love with Heather Hudson for years.
Underestimated: People often underestimate Puck because of his height. Bad idea…
Vulnerable: Puck is nearly constant pain because of the compression of his body and possession by the Black Razer. He can control it with meditation and mainly just being a tough SOB, but sometimes it gets to him.

Abilities 76 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 38 + Defenses 3 = 165 / 165

Build Comments: This is a totally spur of the moment build based on the US/Canada Olympic hockey game. I have only seen Puck briefly but I liked him in what I did, although he seems to have his detractors. I honestly don’t know enough to make a real opinion on his changes from his original incarnation and such, I’m just going with the Puck and I know in the spirit of Canadian/American unity despite the battle for hockey supremacy that divides us.

I probably went too high but I know Puck is experienced, tough and fast so PL11 on defense and 9-ish on offense felt right.

Secret Origins: Born in 1914, Eugene Milton Judd was both a giant of a man and an incredible athlete. He became a mercenary seeking the Black Blade of Baghdad. Upon claiming it, he was attacked by the being known as Black Raazar that possessed the blade. The spirit of Black Raazer lengthened Judd's lifespan, but also caused him great pain and to become much shorter.

The Story so Far: Judd continued to travel the world. It is known that he met the author Ernest Hemingway in Spain. He is also very familiar with Wolverine and the Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff). He met Modred the Mystic while battling the Brass Bishop. Years later, Guardian had him released from jail and offered membership in Alpha Flight. He agreed and took the name of Puck.

At one point, the spirit's curse was removed, leaving Puck as a taller but much older man. Loki transported Puck to Tibet as part of his schemes. While there, Puck sought out a lama hoping to get away from everything, as he had grown tired of the world. Tibet itself was being overtaken by the Chinese military at the time. After meeting with him, the lama offered Puck a choice: to be reunited with his friends who were in danger or to travel throughout the other dimensions. He chose to save his friends and was sent to the realm of the Dreamqueen.

Although the others were freed, Dreamqueen captured Puck and tortured him. She restored his youth to ensure she could torture him endlessly. Puck was reunited with the others and freed as they returned from battling the evil sorcerer Llan.

Puck was placed in a hospital to recover from his injuries. He was then abducted by the Master of the World and experimented on. Sasquatch was able to undo the damage, and Puck was 'compressed' into a young, dimunitive form. Since then he has remained a loyal member of Alpha Flight. He has been called the 'heart and soul' of the team.

He, along with the rest of Alpha Flight stood to block the Collective from entering Canada. The Collective didn't even stop and left behind the deceased bodies of Puck and Alpha Flight.

However, during the Brightest Day event, Puck was one of the 1,666,217 beings returned to life by The Entity to ensure the cosmic plan. He has since helped reform a new Alpha Flight and is considered the heart and soul of the team.

Characterization: Puck is able to think very fast on his feet in battle. He has a love for Shakespeare, and will often quote the bard. He is a scholar and often reads works by Shakespeare and was friends with Ernest Hemingway. Puck can speak 17 languages fluently including English, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, German, Tibetan, and various other languages. He has a great deal of knowledge about magic, folklore and magical rituals.

Puck also has many other unusual talents, most of which have yet to be revealed. He is a successful bullfighter, a world class climber, skilled lock-pick, has some knowledge of sorcery (although no real ability at practicing it).

Friends and Foes: Puck remains close to his surviving Alpha Flight teammates, as well as long-time friend Wolverine. He has no love lost for Michael Pointer (The Collective and later Vindicator).
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

48 - Captain Canuck

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our last HAPPY BOXING DAY SPECIAL is hitting the J-Mart shelves!

Fear the Maple Leaf, hosers.

CAPTAIN CANUCK
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception (+4), Expertise [Secret Agent] 5 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 5 (+7), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Favored Environment (Canada), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (1) (French, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Enhanced Physiology: Immunity 2 (Aging, Environmental Cold); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Maple Leaf Body Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Energy Batons: Bludgeoning Damage 2, Double; 3 pts
Utility Belt: Variable 1 (5 pts traits; Any tool or skill equipment, Free Action, Quirk [Limited to 2 equipment points or less]); 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +12 [Energy Batons +8]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +6]
Ranged Attack +10

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll, +0 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Any enemy of Canada is an enemy of The Captain.
Honor: Captain Canuck is a virtuous man and will not take shortcuts or compromise his strong Canadian values.
Patriotism: What Captain Britain and Captain America are to their respective countries, such is Captain Canuck to Canada.

Abilities 86 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 2 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Canada’s greatest hero Captain Canuck! Granted he’s not as well known as other Canadian superheroes like Wolverine. Or Deadpool.

Or Puck. Or Sasquatch. Or Guardian. Or Bryan Adams and…

Oh well, maybe he’s not the greatest to world at large, but in theory, he should be the greatest. This is purely wiki fueled since I didn’t even know who he was until Kreuz built him in 2E years back but since I wanted to give props to our brothers to the north, I figured Cap was due a statting. I had to alter his origin a bit since the original book had him as the top hero from what I can only describe as a Super Canada and even though I am always willing to suspend my disbelief for many a thing in the comic world, even I can’t run with that in the Thorpocaverse!

Secret Origins: In the new age of terrorism and an unstable world political environment, Canadian sovereignty agreed to create an elite paramilitary force, the Canadian International Security Organization or C.I.S.O. Before long, C.I.S.O. agents were being sent to allied nations to combat terrorism around the globe. It is into this globe-spanning antiterrorist organization that two young brothers, Tom and Mike Evans, were recruited. Both superb R.C.M.P. officers, their peers and superiors often joked that the Evans boys came as a matched set.

One fateful night, Tom Evans was leading a camping trip for a group of scouts. Tom awoke in the middle of the night to discover the boys missing from their campsite. He trailed them through the wilderness and found them mesmerized by an alien landing party.

Startled by Tom’s sudden appearance, one of the aliens fired a strange ray device at him. Tom blacked out. When he awoke in the morning, he and the boys were back at their campsite unharmed. The events of the night before were only a half-remembered dream.

Within days, Tom discovered that his strength, agility, and endurance had doubled. His C.I.S.O. superiors noticed his increase in power, as well, and chose to capitalize on it by creating a living symbol of C.I.S.O. authority and power. Tom Evans became Captain Canuck.

The Story so Far: Not long after, during an ill-fated mission, Mike Evans was crippled when he jumped into the line of fire and was struck by a hail of bullets meant for Tom. The team of Tom and Mike Evans was no more.

C.I.S.O. soon paired Captain Canuck with another costumed agent code-named Bluefox. This agent proved to be a traitor to the organization and Canuck was once more a solo operative.

Even though he became involved in cases with C.I.S.O. agents Redcoat and Kebec and battled alongside Lord West and Stardance, the leader and second- in-command of an independent antiterrorist agency, Canuck believed he was being treated more as a public relations tool and figurehead than as a capable field agent. As a result, he chose to resign his commission with C.I.S.O. and work for the Canadian government only on selected cases.

Characterization: Captain Canuck is a national symbol and takes his responsibility as such very seriously. He represents all that is noble in the Canadian spirit: determination, honesty, and compassion. He has a profound love for Canada and its people and will leap to their defense whenever necessary.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to his brother, Mike, and has allied with Alpha Flight from time to time, but so far has refused to join them full time.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: HAPPY BOXING DAY - B'ox, Puck, Captain Canuck

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice work. I was expecting "B'ox" to just be a misspelled Alpha Flighter, but a goofy Green Lantern is good enough! Nice work on Captain Canuck, who's one of those guys that just pops up from time to time during various Comic Book Booms from assorted indie companies. I think last I checked he was part of that group that uses Jenny Pouisson as one of their character models.

Puck is weird to me- he's one of the goofier characters to be in a mainstream Marvel book, and he's of course hard to take seriously... but the dude basically whupped Taskmaster when they fought in the most recent Alpha Flight book ("You can copy my moves, but even YOU can't copy being one meter tall!"), yet they laughed together like bros at the end of it, and he spent the entire Limited Series making creepy assertions about his time spent as the Lord of Hell over in Wolverine.
Thorpocalypse

Daredevil: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're going to kick off an UNHOLY TRINITY SPECIAL for Aisle 2 as we get closer to bidding this DEVIL of a year goodbye!

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of Hell's Kitchen. - Daredevil

DAREDEVIL
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 185
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Race: Human
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: The Defenders; The Avengers; The JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 7, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 7, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 11 (+18) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint, Skill Mastery], Athletics 10 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise [Lawyer] 10 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+10), Insight (+7/+15) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 9 (+12) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+10/+20), Persuasion 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 3 (+10), Stealth 8 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight]

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Evasion, Fearless, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (1), Languages 1 (American Braille, Japanese, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Billy Club Strike, Unarmed), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (6), Redirect, Skill Mastery (1) (Acrobatics), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Super Senses: Enhanced Advantages 5 (Evasion, Improved Defense, Precise Attack 2 [Close, Concealment; Ranged, Concealment], Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Skills 9 (Insight 8 ranks, Perception 10 ranks), Senses 18 (Normal Hearing [Accurate, Analytical, Extended, Penetrates Concealment], Scent [Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended, Ranged], Touch [Acute, Analytical, Ranged], Ultra-Hearing); 32 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Billy Club: (8 pts)
Thrown Billy Club: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Ricochet 2, Feature 1 (Converts to collapsible cane), Diminished Range (10/25/50); 6 pts
Billy Club Strike: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Split, Reach 2 (10 ft); 1 pt
Club Swinging: Movement 2 (Swinging, Safe Fall [Quirk: Requires Ranged Billy Club Attack Roll to hit supporting object); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +11
Close Attack +15 [Billy Club +5]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Billy Club +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: He's blind.
Enemy: Kingpin, Bullseye, sometimes Elektra and others.
Relationships: His best friend Foggy Nelson. Sometimes Echo, sometimes Elektra, sometimes the Black Widow.
Responsibility: To protect Hell's Kitchen and dispense justice.
Secret Identity: He tries to maintains a secret identity of Matt Murdock but a lot of people think (or know) that he's Daredevil.
Vulnerable: He is vulnerable to Auditory and Olfactory affliction/damage effects, taking an extra degree of failure against them. And being in area with loud noises and strong odors can grant Concealment to his opponents.

Abilities 94 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 32 + Defenses 12 = 209 / 209

Build Comments: After a short (unposted) test, I moved DD up a PL from 9 to 10. I didn’t like how he performed, albeit I willingly admit that I am still not completely up to snuff with the 3E gameplay yet. I need to remedy that with more playing, less building, I suppose. But I’m a build-aholic, so it’s for me to give that up for too long.

Secret Origins: The story of Matt Murdock began with his father. Jonathan "Battling Jack" Murdock raised his son alone, claiming Matt's mother had died. Jack wanted his son to be more successful than him. He impressed upon Matt the need to constantly study instead of playing sports with other kids. Jack hoped that Matt would become a doctor or a lawyer instead of an "uneducated pug" like himself. This led the neighborhood kids to taunt the "cowardly" Matt as "Daredevil." Matt took out his frustrations by secretly training in his father's gym.
One day, Matt saw a blind man walking towards an oncoming truck. Matt pushed the man out of the way. The truck crashed and a radioactive isotope spilled out, striking Matt across the face and blinding him. While recovering in the hospital, Matt discovered his hearing, smell, taste, and touch were amplified to superhuman degrees. He also developed a "radar sense" that formed a mental picture of his surroundings.

During his time in the hospital, Matt was visited by a nun wearing a gold cross. Long thought dead, Matt would one day find his mother, "Maggie", was living as a nun. Matt wouldn't know who this woman was for many years.

A few months later, Matt received training from the ninja master Stick. From Stick, Matt learned how to control his new abilities and honed his skills in acrobatics and martial arts.

Meanwhile, Jack Murdock was desperate to get fights. He reluctantly joined with a crooked fight promoter known as "The Fixer." The Fixer set up Jack to be a heavyweight contender, just to have him take a dive. Jack refused and won his fight. Later that night, Jack Murdock was shot dead by The Fixer and his men.

The now orphaned Matt searched for his father's killers. He finally found the Fixer's gang and and punished them severely. He chased down and confronted the Fixer, who pulled a gun on Matt. Before he could fire it, the Fixer suffered heart attack and died[1]. Matt tracked down Angelo, the last man remaining responsible for his father's death. He found him at a brothel. Matt confronted him but was attacked by the women who worked there. In the melee, Matt knocked one of the women out of the window and thought she was dead (She would return as Typhoid Mary). He ran away in horror over what he had done. He went searching for Stick, but Stick abandoned him because of his actions.

Matt continued to study and entered Columbia Law School. At Columbia, Matt met and fell in love with Elektra Natchios. It was a first love for both of them. When Elektra's father was accidentally killed by police, she retreated from the world and Matt[2].

Matt earned his law degree and landed a job at a major law firm. He returned to Hell's Kitchen and to his father's old gym. There he met a young girl staying there named Mickey. They got close to each other and he trained her. He also ran into Foggy Nelson while he was there. He helped him with some of his cases. Meanwhile, Mickey ended up being kidnapped by people working for the Kingpin. Matt tracked them down and rescued Mickey. Because of that he missed an appointment for work and was fired.

Matt opened a practice, Nelson and Murdock, with Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. Karen Page was hired by Foggy as their secretary. Karen was attracted to Matt, and found it a pity that such a wonderful, handsome man could be so handicapped. Matt made a yellow and black costume out of his father's old boxing robes and continued to fight crime as Daredevil.

The Story so Far: Daredevil has been a long time protector of Hell’s Kitchen and has encountered many foes over the years. He has been an Avenger, a Defender, a SHIELD Agent (very briefly) and has assisted dozens of heroes. He has had countless encounters with The Kingpin and his hirelings and their rivalry remains very contentious and personal.

Characterization: Matt Murdock is a conflicted, but incomparably heroic individual.

Friends and Foes: Matt’s closest friend is Foggy Nelson, his best friend since college. He is also close to other members of the New York “street hero” scene including Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and occasionally The Punisher, although their methods often put them at odds.

He is close to Black Widow from their time as lovers and while both have moved on, the remain close friends. His greatest love is Elektra but their relationship is complicated to say the least. They have been the closest of lovers and at times, the greatest of enemies, but at this time they are on good times and Elektra has been pushing for reconciliation.

He has a large rogue’s gallery including Electro, Frog Man, Gladiator, Typhoid Mary, The Hand ninja clan and The Owl. His greatest foes are The Kingpin and Bullseye, which whom has long and very personal conflicts.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:42 am, edited 15 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Captain Canuck, Daredevil

Post by Thorpocalypse »

After this set of builds, I'm probably going to be slowing down (even more ;) ) on the posts/reposts as I reorganize stuff on my computer and try to truly commit in 2017 to ACTUALLY testing more of my builds. During my annual re-reading of Fall of The Bat from the legendary Wordmaker's thread, and also looking at more of BARON's and MDSnowman's 2E stuff as I strolled down memory lane, I was reminded that my knowledge of the actual game playing part of the system itself is needing some work.

Even as strong as their writing was/is (way better than mine will ever be), the way their builds flowed with the system was something I always admired. And you can see the edits they made after testing that really tightened them up. So I'm going to try and go for more quality over quantity. I tend to get tunnel vision about getting more builds up all the time, but at least at the moment, while my CCCS (Compulsive Character Creation Syndrome, apparently incurable but manageable with the right medication) is under control, I'm going to reassess everything I've built for all 3 main threads, get the Word docs on my hard drive organized better and then really focus on a few builds to get them "right" and try to get some more playtests up in 2017. My FTF group has expressed interest in getting back into MnM so I figure the least I could do was actually try and run the game correctly and experience is always the best teacher.

In case I don't get back on before midnight tomorrow, a very Happy New Year to everyone and let's hope 2017 is a MUCH better year for our celebrities' mortality and the American political system! 8-)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart: Captain Canuck, Daredevil

Post by Bladewind »

Oh curse you. Now you`ve made me want to go reread that story (among others).

hm. I think I put those into a PDF format (including stat blocks...) somewhere on my hard drive...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

Elektra: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our UNHOLY TRINITY SPECIAL gets this new addition for Aisle 2!

I am Elektra Natchios. Not even the stars are safe in the sky. - Elektra

ELEKTRA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 130
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Avengers; SHIELD; The Hand

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 10 (+16) [Accelerated Acrobatics, Agile Feint, Skill Mastery, Athletics 8 (+11), Close Combat [Sai] 1 (+15), Deception 9 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Expertise [Assassin] 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+12) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+9), Investigation 7 (+9) [Well-Informed], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Sleight of Hand 8 (+13), Stealth 12 (+18) [Accelerated Stealth, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery], Technology 5 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accelerated Acrobatics*, Accelerated Stealth*, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (3), Evasion (1), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (2) (Short Blades, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Japanese, Mandarin, French, 2 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack (2) (Sai, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Skill Mastery (2) (Acrobatics, Stealth), Takedown (2), Tracking, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Sai: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Defensive, Disarming, Split; 5 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20; Katana +6, Critical 19-20]
Sai +14 [Sai +5, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

[COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: As much as she doesn't want to admit it, she loves the killing and it causes lots of problems for her personal life.
Enemy: The Hand or The Chaste, depending on her alliance at the time. And ALWAYS Bullseye.
Relationships: Daredevil…it's tricky, but it's definitely a relationship of note…
Reputation: Well known master assassin. Most superheroes have a hard time trusting her.

Abilities 76 + Skills 47 (94 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 0 + Defenses 14 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: Ah, Elektra, you hot killing machine, how I love you when you’re not being played by Jennifer Garner…

OK, she wasn’t that bad. She was far better than Affleck as Daredevil, but these things happen (see George Clooney as Batman).

Anyway, for this version of Elektra, I killed off all the mind switch/telelocation crap and just went with her skill monkey assassin version, which is the one I dig the most.

Secret Origins: Elektra's mother's character has conflicting versions. In one version, during the birth of Elektra, it was revealed that her mother was gunned down by enemies of her father while vacationing on a yacht. However, Stavros revealed that her mother was shot by a hostage taker when she tried to help. Her mother was shown to be a tramp while another says that she was a brave and honorable woman. As she grew up, her father required that she train in the martial arts where she excelled. She was then required to go to law school where she met and had a serious relationship with Matt. However, after her father was gunned down by assassins, she went to the Mountain of the Chaste to train from them. But she was later dismissed by Stick for bearing too much emotion over the death of her father.

Elektra thought she could gain the favor of the Chaste if she was to destroy their enemy, the Hand. She joined their order in order to destroy them from within but she ended up killing her former Sensei.

The Story so Far: For years, Elektra worked as a bounty hunter and assassin for hire. Having undertaken a contract in New York City, she crossed paths with the blind adventurer Daredevil, whom she learned to be Matt Murdock, her former lover and a former student of Stick. Daredevil disapproved of Elektra's chosen profession, but the two still cared deeply for one another. Together, they fought the Hand, until the Kingpin, the most powerful figure in East Coast organized crime, hired Elektra as his chief assassin. In that role, Elektra clashed repeatedly with Daredevil. Finally, she was contracted to kill his best friend and law partner, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson. When Foggy recognized her, Elektra realized she could not carry out the contract and spared his life.

Soon after, the psychotic criminal Bullseye determined that the only way to regain his status as the Kingpin's chief assassin was to kill Elektra. Bullseye impaled Elektra on her own sai, and she died in Matt's arms. Unwilling to part with one of its most talented operatives, the Hand attempted to resurrect Elektra and place her fully under their control through a magic ritual. Stone, a member of Stick's order, completed the process, bringing Elektra back to life after Daredevil had purified her spirit through sheer force of will. Now purged of the Hand's corruption, Elektra left Matt's side, determined to find her own place in the world.

After Elektra's death and later disappearance of her body, Matt Murdock thought he had been hallucinating about Elektra but it turned out that Elektra was real and alive. Since the Hand was having difficulty finding Elektra, they decided to recruit Bullseye who was imprisoned. In recruiting Bullseye, The Hand killed him in order to revivify him but under theie control. They were able to kill him but Elektra interfered and prevented Bullseye's resurrection.

Years later, The Hand, under Gorgon, attacked both Wolverine and Elektra, placing them in their service. Elektra assumed control of the Hand after Gorgon’s death. During the Secret Invasion event, Elektra was replaced by a Skrull who took over The Hand, the goal of which was to attract the attention of the "heroes" and provoke them into discovering the Skrull infiltration.

After the invasion was stopped, Elektra emerged from a downed Skrull ship with other people who had been abducted and replaced, and was taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. protective custody. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. was replaced by H.A.M.M.E.R., and she was not dealt with well in custody. She initiated a break out when Paladin attempted to collect an $82 Million bounty on her head, and she was able to defeat him and escape.

She joined Heroes for Hire and during Daredevil's reign over Hell's Kitchen, Elektra tried to infiltrate in Shadowland and helped the heroes to prevent Bullseye's resurrection. She has since been part of Thunderbolt Ross’ new Thunderbolts as well as returning to her mercenary work.

Characterization: Elektra once defined herself by the men in her life: She was the daughter of a powerful Greek diplomat and the girlfriend of blind American law student Matt Murdock. Her father's assassination, however, left her emotionally shattered, and she withdrew from the world. Over the years, she has gone from vindictive assassin to selfless hero to something somewhere in between.

Friends and Foes: She has a long complicated relationship with Matt Murdock. While they have not been together officially in years, their feelings for each other remain strong and often reveal themselves in…interesting ways.

She has great enmity for Bullseye since he killed her, but the two have worked together at times when it suits both their interests.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Bullseye: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our last item in our UNHOLY TRINITY SPECIAL is also a J-Mart CAN'T MISS SPECIAL!

Killing's an art. And that makes me Picasso. - Bullseye

BULLSEYE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 200
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: The Dark Avengers; The Hand

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [3], STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 10 (+10), Expertise [Assassin] 10 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+3), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 1 (+16), Sleight of Hand 5 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12), Vehicles 2 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Thrown Items), All-Out Attack (1) (Thrown Items), Benefit (1) (No ID), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Eagle Eyes*, Equipment (1), Favored Foe (Daredevil), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Thrown Weapons 2), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Power Attack (1) (Thrown Items), Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (4), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim)

POWERS:
Adamantium Spinal Reinforcements: Protection 1, Enhanced Strength 1, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits [Flaw: Limited to bludgeoning damage]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Playing Cards/Dice/Other Pocket items: Feature 1 (All objects throwable); 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt
Fake Tooth: Subtle 1 (Hidden in mouth); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +15
Throwing +16 [Thrown Items +4, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +7 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Bullseye LOVES to kill and will sometimes take unnecessary risks to do so.
Enemy: Daredevil, Elektra, Clint Barton.
Insanity: He's pretty much off the rails and requires medication to curb his homicidal urges.
Rivalry: He has a bit of a mercenary/assassins rivalry with Taskmaster and Deadpool.
Vulnerable: His Adamantium skeletal reinforcements make him vulnerable to magnetic effects.

Abilities 62 + Skills 32 (63 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 3 + Defenses 13 = 144 / 144

Build Comments: Loves me some Bullseye. Maybe I was just having a bit of a man crush on him when I went over this again, but I don’t think so. Especially the way he's been written since Dark Reign. He's been a major badass. His fight with Deadpool (that I showed above) was awesome and he held his own until the end. I almost gave him Benefit Wealth ranks because they mentioned in that book that he millions of dollars saved from his merc work because he never really had anything else he wanted to do besides kill, so he just kept taking the cash for his ego.

Secret Origins: Very little is known about Bullseye's past. He claims to have grown up in the Bronx with a brother and an abusive father. The only time they spent with one another as a family was when they would shoot air rifles together. Even at a young age, Bullseye had excellent accuracy. This was demonstrated when he killed a pigeon by throwing a yo-yo.

Later, he and his brother, still at a young age, attempted to kill their father by setting the apartment on fire. As a result, the two were split up placed in foster homes. While in high school, Bullseye became a talented pitcher and was offered a college scholarship. He instead chose to join minor league baseball. With a perfect pitching record, it is possible that he was on his way to be a Major League Baseball player.

Eventually, however, he became bored and killed a batter who mocked him. This was a watershed moment for Bullseye, revealing the pleasure that killing brought him.

The Story so Far: After serving in juvenile hall and prison, he joined the army. He claims he encountered The Punisher during this era. The Punisher attempted to shoot him, only to miss. Bullseye then returned fire with a knife, hitting The Punisher directly in the chest. Bullseye even mocked him by making a Bullseye on his own forehead made of mud. He allegedly went on working for the United States National Security Agency and then went on to become a freelance killer for hire. His rise to notoriety came in New York City where he wanted to make a name for himself by defeating Daredevil. He threw a grenade at the hero, and quickly defeated him in an alleyway. He then lured Daredevil into a carnival and defeated him again. Daredevil later returned the favor and bested Bullseye.

Being beaten bothered Bullseye and destroying Daredevil became his new passion. When Bullseye was hired to kill the Kingpin, Fisk gave him a better offer. Bullseye was now under his employ. After serving some jail time Bullseye began to suffer from his brain tumor. He began to kill innocent people after they all appeared to look like Daredevil to him. He managed to get the upper hand over Daredevil in a fight, and said he would let Daredevil live, knowing that everyone Bullseye kills will be his fault. Daredevil regained his strength and defeated him. Bullseye was angered to discover that the Kingpin had replaced him with Elektra. Bullseye managed to escape from jail during a televised interview and then searched to kill Elektra. In a battle with the female ninja, he slit her throat with a card and then killed her with her own sai.

It transpired that Elektra was Daredevil's lover and this added fuel to their mutual hatred. After obtaining medical records from Daredevil's childhood accident, Bullseye believes Matt Murdock is Daredevil, and was granted superhuman powers by the incident that blinded him. Bullseye then tried to sneak behind Matt and kill him in his own apartment, but Daredevil ambushed him. Murdock tricked him by having a dummy pose as Matt with a tape recorder for audio. Daredevil battled Bullseye and the fight moved onto a telephone wire across the rooftops. Bullseye lost his balance and fell, but Daredevil grabbed his hand. Bullseye refused to let Daredevil save him and tried to stab the hero. Daredevil released his grip, allowing Bullseye to plummet. Bullseye's spine was shattered and he was left paralyzed. Bullseye was then taken to Japan, where Dark Wind replaced various bones with adamantium and laced others. It is unclear exactly what bones have been laced, but it has been confirmed that his spine, fists, and skull have adamantium.

After the Super-Human Registration Act, several villains were captured and offered a chance to redeem themselves by hunting down heroes and villains not in compliance with the Registration. Bullseye became part of a new team of Thunderbolts along with the likes of (the new) Venom, and Norman Osborn. Each member has a safe-fail implanted in them, so if they go out of line, the device can be activated, electrocuting the user. Bullseye served as the one member of the Thunderbolt's that the public does not know about. Norman informed him he wanted to let Bullseye kill, but only with targets Norman saw fit. When the team was unable to capture Jack Flag, Bullseye took him out by shoving a sai into his lower back. This was done in a warehouse, away from the public. Later, Songbird tricked Bullseye into thinking his security features are disabled. Bullseye killed the two guards he is with and attempted to battle American Eagle. American Eagle makes quick work of Bullseye, and his device is set off, electrocuting him. As he was suffering, American Eagle slugged him across the face, apparently cracking his spine yet again.

Later on, telepaths that were being held captive in the base were using their powers to turn the team members against one another. Bullseye walked away from the operating table, apparently recovered, and used the telepaths for practice, unaware he is actually saving the team.

Following the aftermath of Secret Invasion, Bullseye operated under the mantle of Hawkeye in Norman Osborn's new team of Dark Avengers. Although Bullseye is the brand new Hawkeye, he doesn't love being a "hero". As Hawkeye, he violently killed a bunch of thugs and saved their female victim who was very grateful and even asked for his autograph. But when she mentioned Osborn as his "boss", he got angry and stabbed her in the eye with her own pen, killing her in front of one of the surviving thugs who pleaded with Bullseye not kill him, but Bullseye eventually did anyway. Proud of his "work", he says "That's all I ever wanted Norman, credit for my kills".

When Deadpool attempted to blackmail Osborn, he sent Bullseye to kill him. When battling the merc with the mouth, Hawkeye/Bullseye managed to shoot an arrow through the head of the Merc with a Mouth. Due to his sick nature, he kept Deadpool's body and waited for him to recover so they may fight again. Deadpool gains the upper hand when he wears an armor of meat, and stabbed a meat hook through Bullseye's chest. When Bullseye woke up, he realized Deadpool took him to the hospital. The two battled again, but Bullseye is struck by a car. Deadpool exploited this, and ran him over again with his own car. Bullseye offered Deadpool a large sum of money in order for him to leave, so Norman believed Bullseye was successful.

Bullseye is ordered by Osborn to kill Lindy Reynolds, the Sentry's wife. Before he does, Bullseye taunted and mocked Lindy, saying that she didsn't deserve to be with the Sentry and that he can have any woman he wanted, this leads to her slapping Bullseye across the face. He then violently choked her and threw her body out of an helicopter. During The Siege he was seen fighting in Asgard, and got into many arguments with Daken, who even kissed a freaked-out Bullseye in order to calm him down, which really angers him. At the end of Osborn's assault he was arrested, along with his other teammates, and Clint Barton took his Hawkeye identity back.

Characterization: Bullseye is a psychotic killer who loves his work and has little to no regard for human life.

Friends and Foes: His greatest foes are Daredevil and Elektra.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.