J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Playtest - Catwoman vs. Pink Pearl

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest – CATWOMAN vs. PINK PEARL

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack

Intro: Another imported test. This was an interesting contrast. Selina’s quickness and guile vs. Pearl’s power and strength. And at least this time Selina is facing someone as hot as she is. 8-)

--

Pink Pearl’s Cloisters chain is becoming very successful along the east coast so it was only natural that she open up a bar in Gotham. After visiting the club as Selina Kyle, Catwoman scopes out a couple of cat themed items of Pearl’s that she really thinks would be better off with her. Selina gives the place a good once over so she can plan out her return visit. The next night after closing, of course.
Let’s do a little burglary stuff. First some Investigate to check out the security system. A 24 gets her all she needs. There’s a window on the 2nd floor that she can get in that doesn’t have camera coverage and once in, she can disable the rest of the system from there. She’ll use her Up the Wall to get up there with her Acrobatics and it’s easy peasy, 14+16=30. She’s in.

Now the security system. I’ll say it’s good, DC20. Selina obliterates it with her Technology skill against security systems being +15, 17+15=32.

Selina has the run of the place now, so she’ll saunter around and see what else she would like. She doesn’t find much so she grabs the couple of things she came for and gets ready to leave Pearl’s office, but…

Pink Pearl is still in da house!

OK, there’s probably no way a check from Pearl could beat Selina’s Perception or Insight, so we’ll go with dramatic flair here and just give Selina an HP so that Pearl can appear, seemingly out of nowhere.
“Hello, Catwoman,” Pink Pearl says from behind Selina.

Selina tried to not act surprised, even though that was actually untrue. “Hiya, Pearl,” she said turning around. “I gotta say, nice place you have here.”

“Let’s skip the bullsh*t, girl,” Pearl replied. “I hate cats. I only put those damn things out BECAUSE of you, hoping it might lure you in. Turns out the Penguin’s intel was good...”

That bastard, Selina thought. I’m gonna use that pointy nose of his for a scratching post the next time I see him. “I’m sure he charged you plenty for it,” Catwoman interrupted, “So I’m glad it worked out for you.”

“True,” Pearl mildly chuckled. “Anyway, I wanted you here to talk to business. I want you to work for me.”

“Well, thank you for the offer, Pearl. But despite how this looks, I’m really trying to make a life change so unless it’s some sort of charity work, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.”

“So you’ll steal FROM me, but not FOR me?” Pearl snapped, her rosy cheeks getting rosier.

“Well, when you put it that way…” Selina replied coyly. “…yeah, I guess that’s about right.”

Pearl cracked her knuckles. “Then I guess I better make sure it’s the LAST time you do it…” And with that she lunged at the cat burglar.
Round 1: Initiative: Selina – 24, Pearl – 19. So it’s on. Selina will go full defense this round to feel Pearl out. Pearl move in 10 ft or so to get in range and will go AA2 to try and hit Selina with a punch and rolls well, 29. Selina’s going to have to roll real well to beat that and she doesn’t, even with her Improved Defense, 26. She now has to make a DC20 Toughness check and she gets it dead on.

Round 2: Now that she knows that Pearl has game, Selina will strike back. She’ll go PA3 with her claws, 15 and that hits since Pearl’s defense was down to 14. Pearl’s toughness check is DC22 and she makes it easily with a natural 20. Go Pearl!

Pearl again goes AA2, but she gets a natural 1 (to balance things out, I suppose) and misses Selina badly with another sweeping haymaker.

Round 3: Catwoman decides to try and throw Pearl off with some fancy footwork, she’ll try to Agile Feint her with a move action and since she has Accelerated Acrobatics, that will eliminate the -5 penalty. She gets an 18. Pearl will oppose with Insight and she almost got it with a 17. However, she’ll be vulnerable so Selina will go PA5 with her claws. Thanks to her feint, her claws find their mark with a 15. Pearl only gets a 16 on her Toughness check against DC24 to take a 2nd degree failure. Seeing her new pink dress torn and the fresh wound pisses Pearl off. She’ll take another AA2 swipe at Selina and misses, 16. Being pissed, she’ll use Extra Effort for another action and this time her AA2 hits with a 30. Selina has to make a DC20 check again, she only gets a 12 for 2nd degree failure. Pearl’s meaty fists rock Selina’s world, slowing her enough for Pearl to use her Fast Grab to start a grab, although she only gets a 9 on an opposed check. Selina has Grabbing Finesse so she opposes with her Agility, she also gets a 9. Since Selina’s Agility is higher than Pearl’s strength, though, she gets away..

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, dazed, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-1Toughness, fatigued, 1 hp)
Round 4: Catwoman will start fighting smarter. She’ll use her lone action to move out of the office to the stairway. Pearl is fatigued so burns her HP to shake it off, she charges after Selina going AA2 but she misses with a 12.
Holy crap, the big girl can MOVE for her size! Selina thought as she leapt out of the way of the lunging Pink Pearl. Stick and move, Selina…stick and move…
Round 5: Catwoman will take a quick shot at Pearl again with her claws, again PA5 and her sweeping slash cuts again, 23. Pearl has to make a DC24 check, again she doesn’t do so hot with a 12. 2nd degree failure again. Now Selina will use her Move Action to get clear. She’ll use Athletics to double her speed, 17+11=28, easily done. This will get her the rest of the way down the stairs and into the bar area where she will use her Accelerated Stealth and Hide in Plain Sight to blend into the shadows of the darkened bar. I’m going to roll for her Stealth just for the fun of it, knowing that Pearl would be hard pressed to get to her Skill Mastery check of 25. How about that? Rolled a 20. So Selina has a 35 Stealth that Pearl has to try to beat. Not a chance. Anyway, Pearl being dazed limits her to only a chance to move. She too, will use Athletics to double her speed, gets it with a 19+5=24. She will not see Selina at all with a 13.

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-2 Toughness, 0 hp)
Round 6: I’m going to say that Pearl is just a few feet away from Selina since their move rates were similar. Since she has no idea where Catwoman is, it looks like she’ll be vulnerable for a surprise attack. Selina switches to her whip and again goes PA5 and hits with a 28. Pearl has to make a DC24 check, she barely stays in the game with a 10. Selina’s whip is Grabbing, which works like Fast Grab so she’ll go with that. She gets a 24 on her opposed check, Pearl only gets a 9. That’s over 2 degrees of success so Pearl is defenseless, immobile and impaired. Selina will use Extra Effort to press her advantage going PA5 again to deal strength based damage per the grab rules. Pearl has to make a DC22 check, she gets a 15 for another 2nd degree failure. Pearl tries to break the grab with her lone action, no good, she gets an 8.

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-4 Toughness, dazed, defenseless, immobile, impaired, 0 hp)
Round 7: Selina has Pearl at the quite the disadvantage now. She will maintain the grab and give Pearl a chance to surrender. She goes for Persuasion, oops…3+12=15. HP to re-roll, 13+12=25. That’s 3 degrees, moving Pearl from Hostile to Indifferent. She’ll say uncle for now.
Although there was barely enough whip left for Selina to grab the end of, she managed to do so and tighten her grip around Pink Pearl’s upper torso. Pearl’s face was beet red and her already heavy breathing became even more labored as she struggled to free herself, to no avail. “Alright, joychunks,” Catwoman said from behind her foe through gritted teeth, “either I can keep this going until your big ass passes out, or you can give; and MEAN IT, and I let you go.”

“I…I…” Pearl stammered as Selina put her foot on the small of Pearl’s back and tensed, ready to pull the whip tighter. “I…give!” she blurted. “It’s done! Now let me go!”

Selina released the end of the whip and with a couple of flicks or her wrist, uncoiled it from around her pink-tressed opponent’s body. Pearl immediately slumped down in front of the bar, grimacing from her cuts and trying to catch her breath. Catwoman hopped up on a table in front of her and rubbed her neck where Pearl had connected with her punch earlier. “Look, Pearl,” she said, “let me give you some advice, woman to woman. It ain’t easy for a woman to make it here, but you seem like you might have what it takes. You’re tough, for sure, but if you go around picking fights with people like me, you’re going to end up heading back to Canada with your tail between your thick-ass legs faster than you can say ‘Two-Face’. Or worse…especially if someone like Two-Face IS involved. Capisce?”

“Yeah…yeah…” Pearl replied breathlessly. “Sorry…sometimes…I get…carried away. No…hard feelings?”

“Nah,” Catwoman replied smiling. “Some of my best relationships started off with a fight.”

Pearl laughed weakly. “Good. Just…don’t steal from me no more, alright?”

“No promises,” Selina chuckled. “But I won’t make a habit of it.” And with that, she backflipped off the table and after a series of cartwheels and flips was at the front door. She nodded to Pearl, opened it and disappeared into the Gotham night.
Final Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-4 Toughness, dazed, defenseless, immobile, impaired, 0 hp)
Comments: That was a fun fight! Their contrast in styles was evident. Pearl probably could have held out longer, but I wanted to move onto to something else. Got a LOT of testing to do. I’m not sure about all the Advantages I gave Selina. They really tipped the scales in her favor once I decided to have her pull out of direct melee, but then again, that’s what I’m hoping they do when she fights high caliber foes.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Playtest - Spider-Man vs. Sportsmaster

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest – Spider-Man vs. Sportsmaster

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Main Sheet
Fight Sheet
Mid Page
Last Page

Intro: Back to the tests. This sounded like a fun matchup. Let’s see.

--

Sportsmaster is looking for some steady income so he was able to parlay an old favor for Montana of The Enforcers to get an audition to be one of The Kingpin’s main men. He gets sent to “talk” to one of Fisk’s underlings that he thinks is holding out on him. The job’s below Crock’s usual standards but a man’s gotta eat.

What he doesn’t know is that Fisk is going to have one of his cops that’s on the take watch the place and make a call for assistance just to see if it draws out a superhero to see how he handles himself. Sure enough, once Sportsmaster enters the hideout, the cop calls in and it just so happens that our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is monitoring the scanner and arrives on the scene in short order.
The hideout is your pretty standard abandoned warehouse so Spidey can pretty easily wall crawl around and find a second floor window to get into. He gets a good look at Sportsmaster but he’s not familiar with him. He figures he can’t be too dangerous if he’s doing low level work like this so he’s not going to try and sneak up, he’ll just come in quipping.
Sportsmaster’s already beat the crap out of the lower level crime bosses’ men and he’s getting ready to knock the leader around when Spidey lowers himself down on a web line, making a joke about him getting a 5 year major for roughing (a hockey mask joke, bada bing). Sportsmaster smiles underneath his mask knowing that if he takes Spider-Man down, he’s in like Flynn with the Kingpin. He drops the gang leader who bolts, along with the rest of thugs that can still walk.

Crock turns introduces himself as the Sportsmaster and announces that it's game on…
Round 1: Initiative: Spider-Man – 30, Sportsmaster – 26. Both had really good rolls. They’re about 20 ft. apart. Spidey will try to wrap this up quick and Web Slings a snare at Crock, SA. He hits with a 29. Crock has to make a DC19 dodge check and he does with a 26. He whips some exploding balls at Spidey, DC15 dodge check, easy dodge for Pete, he gets a 29 thanks to his Evasion 2. DC18 TC and Spidey makes it with an 18 on the dot.

Round 2: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Peter realizes he needs to take this guy seriously. He leaps off his web with a series of flips to try and Agile Feint Sportsmaster as a move action. He gets an adjusted 30, Crock opposes with Acrobatics and gets close with a 26 but he’s vulnerable this round. Spidey will go PA5 unarmed and hits with the 16 he needed with Sportsmaster’s lowered defenses. DC29 TC for Crock and he gets a 25 for a 1st degree failure. He’s rolling really well.

He’ll try to keep it rolling as he pulls out his Hammer and takes a swing at Spidey. He goes AA2 and hits with a 33, just shy of a crit. DC22 for Pete, natural 2, HP to reroll gets him an adjusted 26 to avoid damage.

Status – Spider-Man (fine, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, 1 hp)
Round 3: Spidey tries to Taunt as a move action and he fails against Sportsmaster’s Deception as Sportsmaster continues the hot rolling with a natural 20 against Pete’s adjusted 16.
“Hey, Jason take it easy!” Spider-Man quipped. “I never went anywhere near that camp, I swear!”

Sportsmaster just shook his head. “Really, Web Head? A Jason joke? Like I’ve never heard THAT before.”

“Well, I was saving my A material for the midnight show but since this is a tough crowd…”

He’ll attack unarmed again, DA2, and misses with a 14. Sportsmaster swings the Hammer again, PA2 and he misses with a 15.

Round 4: Spidey will disengage (see House Rules as I test this) and will fire a webline up to get some space. He goes up 20 ft. Sportsmaster grabs a discus this time and flings it at his foe, AA2, he misses with a 19. The dice are now cold...

Round 5: Spidey attempts to web him up again, this time with a trapping attempt with his Web Spinning Create. He goes PA2 and hits with a 30. DC21 Dodge check for Sportsmaster and he gets a 22 to avoid it again. He pulls out a javelin, SA, and hits with a 26. DC21 TC, Spidey only gets a 12 for a 2nd degree failure.

Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, 1 hp)

Round 6: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Spidey will recover this round and try to come up with something to turn things around. Sportsmaster flings another discus, AA2, but misses with a 16.

Round 7: Initiative: Spider-Man, Sportsmaster. Spidey will attempt to Agile Feint Crock as a Move Action again. Barely wins 26 to 25. He’ll try a PA2 web spinning trap again and hits with a crit. DC26 Dodge check and Crock finally fails with a 24. He’s trapped in a web net. Sportsmaster will try to break out, DC19 is what he needs but he only gets a 15.

Round 8: Spidey will layer on more webs, making the DC20. Sportsmaster gets a nat 20 on his attempt to break out!

Round 9: Spidey will attempt to web his foe again but misses badly. Sportsmaster wants to clobber Spidey with his hammer so he pulls it out, uses his action for Athletics check to try and get high enough to hit him with Reach, he gets a 23 which I will say he can spring off a crate and attack. He’ll use EE for another action and attacks AA2 and hits. Another DC21 check and Pete gets another poor roll getting an 11 for a 2nd degree failure.

Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-1 toughness, fatigued 1 hp)

Round 10: Spidey can’t recover again and he can’t move into melee so he will be a hero and try again to web this guy up. Web Slinging AA2, hits with a 26. Dodge check for Sportsmaster is a natural 2. HP to reroll gets him an adjusted 23 to avoid again. He flings his last discus, PA2, but misses with a 20.

Round 11: Spidey swings down and with a kick goes PA2 and hits with a 22 on the nose. Sportsmaster has to make a DC26 TC and he rolls a natural 3 for a 9 total. That’s a 4th degree failure and he’s out!

Final Status – Spider-Man (-1 toughness, 0 hp), Sportsmaster (-2 toughness, fatigued, incapacitated, 1 hp)
Pete grabs his side where the javelin sliced through before wrapping Sportsmaster up for the cops. He went to the door and motioned for the police to come in before swinging away. The cops under the Kingpin’s employ take Sportsmaster to their car and drive away. A few minutes later one of them calls back in to dispatch saying that he overpowered them and escaped.

In reality they let him go once they put some distance between themselves and the crime scene. One of them hands the groggy Sportsmaster a burner phone that rings shortly thereafter.

“Fine work,” Wilson Fisk said from the other end. “It seems you acquitted yourself well, even if you weren’t able to finish off the Wall Crawler. But there’s no shame in that, he is notoriously difficult to eradicate. If you would like to discuss future opportunities, we can meet on Thursday, time and location to be determined…”

Comments: Man, that was a lot closer fight than I expected. I kept Spidey in close range so Sportsmaster could keep it interesting but he was pretty close to scoring the upset, which I did not expect. I need to do something with the webbing mechanics though. That’s two tests where it was pretty ineffective, with Bane having no problems with it and I having a hard time pinning Sportsmaster with it as well. Maybe I need to raise it a rank or two.

Huh, I also just realized that Pete should have started with 2 hp from that last test against Bane. Oh well, I’ll tack it on to the next one since I want to keep working on that webbing mechanic.

More tests to come…
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide, Drift, Invincible

Post by Ares »

Invincible was kind of an interesting series for me, because at the start it felt like a solid, classic superhero series at a time when Marvel and DC were just starting to feel . . . less like classic superhero stuff. And even after the Omni-Man reveal it maintained that for a while. But then it just started to slowly go off the rails, and became something else.

To me, the Invincible comic is basically an example of Mark being a pretty terrible superhero, and showcasing why having a secret identity and a private life is vital to being a hero.

Mark does some genuine good as a hero, but for most of the series he's basically being lead around by some authority figure and rarely taking his own initiative. He does often try to end conflicts without violence or to come up with peaceful solutions, but he's also constantly makes incredibly boneheaded mistakes that get thousands of people killed, and rarely seems to learn from his mistakes. He's shown perfectly capable of just giving up being a hero if it'll get him what he wants and he's fine with prioritizing his own happiness over the safety of others. And even when he's doing the most good for the universe at large, it basically amounts to him going around and bullying other civilizations to get in line. It's not outright conquest, but he isn't afraid of letting everyone know he's got an entire species that is stronger than literally everyone else in the universe.

And to me, a lot of problems come from Mark just not having much of a secret identity or a normal life. Superheroes who maintain a secret identity often have to think on their feet, adapt to situations, and make commitments to the normal people in their life that help humanize them. It keeps them in touch with their humanity and the people they protect. It reminds them that they are no different from normal people where it counts and reminds them of how important those human bonds are.

Mark never really worked to keep a normal life. He barely gave college any real effort, he only had one normal friend that he drifted away from pretty quickly, he gladly worked for Not-Nick-Fury to pay the bills, he spent most of his time with other superheroes, and he pretty quickly distanced himself from the perspective of a normal person. The irony is that Mark becomes less human as the series goes on while the Viltrumites forced to live on Earth become more human in a short amount of time. Mark loses the "on the ground" perspective and sees everything from a larger perspective that allows him to make some of the unpleasant decisions he does later on. Of course it was easy for him to just up and leave Earth rather than making the hard choice to stay and fight. He was taking his primary connection to Earth with him, so why worry?

And because he chose not to have much of a normal life and to try and be independent, he was all too willing to just follow authority figures around with little question. Nolan, Cecil, Robot, Thaddeus, Allen, Dinosaurus, Mark was just happy to go along with what they suggested until his big choice to just leave Earth.

One of the few times I felt genuine sympathy for one of Mark's decisions was when he was offered the chance to go back in time and prevent so many deaths, but as a new father he chose to be with his infant daughter instead. That was a very understandable, human moment, one I can easily sympathize with even as someone who has just helped raise three girls as an uncle rather than a parent. Even if the more responsible choice would have been to help save more people and prevent the deaths he could.

In essence, Mark kind of sucked at a superhero outside of the "punching bad guys with the occasional moment of talking them down" because of an over-reliance on authority figures, not thinking things through, and losing touch with normal people.

Invincible also shows the problems when you've got one character and/or species that is just so vastly more powerful than everyone else and they don't exist in limited numbers. Basically, Kirkman had to invent several weaknesses out of nowhere for guys like Robot to have a chance, and to suddenly be able to construct super robots out of nowhere to create any tension. Otherwise, if you weren't a Viltrumite, you had no chance against them unless you were Allen and the rare crossover character Kirkman wasn't allowed to kill.

Basically, the Invincible Universe is not a superhero setting I'd want to live in.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Goldar

Re: Playtest - Catwoman vs. Pink Pearl

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 pm Playtest – CATWOMAN vs. PINK PEARL

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack

Intro: Another imported test. This was an interesting contrast. Selina’s quickness and guile vs. Pearl’s power and strength. And at least this time Selina is facing someone as hot as she is. 8-)

--

Pink Pearl’s Cloisters chain is becoming very successful along the east coast so it was only natural that she open up a bar in Gotham. After visiting the club as Selina Kyle, Catwoman scopes out a couple of cat themed items of Pearl’s that she really thinks would be better off with her. Selina gives the place a good once over so she can plan out her return visit. The next night after closing, of course.
Let’s do a little burglary stuff. First some Investigate to check out the security system. A 24 gets her all she needs. There’s a window on the 2nd floor that she can get in that doesn’t have camera coverage and once in, she can disable the rest of the system from there. She’ll use her Up the Wall to get up there with her Acrobatics and it’s easy peasy, 14+16=30. She’s in.

Now the security system. I’ll say it’s good, DC20. Selina obliterates it with her Technology skill against security systems being +15, 17+15=32.

Selina has the run of the place now, so she’ll saunter around and see what else she would like. She doesn’t find much so she grabs the couple of things she came for and gets ready to leave Pearl’s office, but…

Pink Pearl is still in da house!

OK, there’s probably no way a check from Pearl could beat Selina’s Perception or Insight, so we’ll go with dramatic flair here and just give Selina an HP so that Pearl can appear, seemingly out of nowhere.
“Hello, Catwoman,” Pink Pearl says from behind Selina.

Selina tried to not act surprised, even though that was actually untrue. “Hiya, Pearl,” she said turning around. “I gotta say, nice place you have here.”

“Let’s skip the bullsh*t, girl,” Pearl replied. “I hate cats. I only put those damn things out BECAUSE of you, hoping it might lure you in. Turns out the Penguin’s intel was good...”

That bastard, Selina thought. I’m gonna use that pointy nose of his for a scratching post the next time I see him. “I’m sure he charged you plenty for it,” Catwoman interrupted, “So I’m glad it worked out for you.”

“True,” Pearl mildly chuckled. “Anyway, I wanted you here to talk to business. I want you to work for me.”

“Well, thank you for the offer, Pearl. But despite how this looks, I’m really trying to make a life change so unless it’s some sort of charity work, I’m afraid I’ll have to decline.”

“So you’ll steal FROM me, but not FOR me?” Pearl snapped, her rosy cheeks getting rosier.

“Well, when you put it that way…” Selina replied coyly. “…yeah, I guess that’s about right.”

Pearl cracked her knuckles. “Then I guess I better make sure it’s the LAST time you do it…” And with that she lunged at the cat burglar.
Round 1: Initiative: Selina – 24, Pearl – 19. So it’s on. Selina will go full defense this round to feel Pearl out. Pearl move in 10 ft or so to get in range and will go AA2 to try and hit Selina with a punch and rolls well, 29. Selina’s going to have to roll real well to beat that and she doesn’t, even with her Improved Defense, 26. She now has to make a DC20 Toughness check and she gets it dead on.

Round 2: Now that she knows that Pearl has game, Selina will strike back. She’ll go PA3 with her claws, 15 and that hits since Pearl’s defense was down to 14. Pearl’s toughness check is DC22 and she makes it easily with a natural 20. Go Pearl!

Pearl again goes AA2, but she gets a natural 1 (to balance things out, I suppose) and misses Selina badly with another sweeping haymaker.

Round 3: Catwoman decides to try and throw Pearl off with some fancy footwork, she’ll try to Agile Feint her with a move action and since she has Accelerated Acrobatics, that will eliminate the -5 penalty. She gets an 18. Pearl will oppose with Insight and she almost got it with a 17. However, she’ll be vulnerable so Selina will go PA5 with her claws. Thanks to her feint, her claws find their mark with a 15. Pearl only gets a 16 on her Toughness check against DC24 to take a 2nd degree failure. Seeing her new pink dress torn and the fresh wound pisses Pearl off. She’ll take another AA2 swipe at Selina and misses, 16. Being pissed, she’ll use Extra Effort for another action and this time her AA2 hits with a 30. Selina has to make a DC20 check again, she only gets a 12 for 2nd degree failure. Pearl’s meaty fists rock Selina’s world, slowing her enough for Pearl to use her Fast Grab to start a grab, although she only gets a 9 on an opposed check. Selina has Grabbing Finesse so she opposes with her Agility, she also gets a 9. Since Selina’s Agility is higher than Pearl’s strength, though, she gets away..

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, dazed, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-1Toughness, fatigued, 1 hp)
Round 4: Catwoman will start fighting smarter. She’ll use her lone action to move out of the office to the stairway. Pearl is fatigued so burns her HP to shake it off, she charges after Selina going AA2 but she misses with a 12.
Holy crap, the big girl can MOVE for her size! Selina thought as she leapt out of the way of the lunging Pink Pearl. Stick and move, Selina…stick and move…
Round 5: Catwoman will take a quick shot at Pearl again with her claws, again PA5 and her sweeping slash cuts again, 23. Pearl has to make a DC24 check, again she doesn’t do so hot with a 12. 2nd degree failure again. Now Selina will use her Move Action to get clear. She’ll use Athletics to double her speed, 17+11=28, easily done. This will get her the rest of the way down the stairs and into the bar area where she will use her Accelerated Stealth and Hide in Plain Sight to blend into the shadows of the darkened bar. I’m going to roll for her Stealth just for the fun of it, knowing that Pearl would be hard pressed to get to her Skill Mastery check of 25. How about that? Rolled a 20. So Selina has a 35 Stealth that Pearl has to try to beat. Not a chance. Anyway, Pearl being dazed limits her to only a chance to move. She too, will use Athletics to double her speed, gets it with a 19+5=24. She will not see Selina at all with a 13.

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-2 Toughness, 0 hp)
Round 6: I’m going to say that Pearl is just a few feet away from Selina since their move rates were similar. Since she has no idea where Catwoman is, it looks like she’ll be vulnerable for a surprise attack. Selina switches to her whip and again goes PA5 and hits with a 28. Pearl has to make a DC24 check, she barely stays in the game with a 10. Selina’s whip is Grabbing, which works like Fast Grab so she’ll go with that. She gets a 24 on her opposed check, Pearl only gets a 9. That’s over 2 degrees of success so Pearl is defenseless, immobile and impaired. Selina will use Extra Effort to press her advantage going PA5 again to deal strength based damage per the grab rules. Pearl has to make a DC22 check, she gets a 15 for another 2nd degree failure. Pearl tries to break the grab with her lone action, no good, she gets an 8.

Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-4 Toughness, dazed, defenseless, immobile, impaired, 0 hp)
Round 7: Selina has Pearl at the quite the disadvantage now. She will maintain the grab and give Pearl a chance to surrender. She goes for Persuasion, oops…3+12=15. HP to re-roll, 13+12=25. That’s 3 degrees, moving Pearl from Hostile to Indifferent. She’ll say uncle for now.
Although there was barely enough whip left for Selina to grab the end of, she managed to do so and tighten her grip around Pink Pearl’s upper torso. Pearl’s face was beet red and her already heavy breathing became even more labored as she struggled to free herself, to no avail. “Alright, joychunks,” Catwoman said from behind her foe through gritted teeth, “either I can keep this going until your big ass passes out, or you can give; and MEAN IT, and I let you go.”

“I…I…” Pearl stammered as Selina put her foot on the small of Pearl’s back and tensed, ready to pull the whip tighter. “I…give!” she blurted. “It’s done! Now let me go!”

Selina released the end of the whip and with a couple of flicks or her wrist, uncoiled it from around her pink-tressed opponent’s body. Pearl immediately slumped down in front of the bar, grimacing from her cuts and trying to catch her breath. Catwoman hopped up on a table in front of her and rubbed her neck where Pearl had connected with her punch earlier. “Look, Pearl,” she said, “let me give you some advice, woman to woman. It ain’t easy for a woman to make it here, but you seem like you might have what it takes. You’re tough, for sure, but if you go around picking fights with people like me, you’re going to end up heading back to Canada with your tail between your thick-ass legs faster than you can say ‘Two-Face’. Or worse…especially if someone like Two-Face IS involved. Capisce?”

“Yeah…yeah…” Pearl replied breathlessly. “Sorry…sometimes…I get…carried away. No…hard feelings?”

“Nah,” Catwoman replied smiling. “Some of my best relationships started off with a fight.”

Pearl laughed weakly. “Good. Just…don’t steal from me no more, alright?”

“No promises,” Selina chuckled. “But I won’t make a habit of it.” And with that, she backflipped off the table and after a series of cartwheels and flips was at the front door. She nodded to Pearl, opened it and disappeared into the Gotham night.
Final Status – Catwoman (-1 Toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Pink Pearl (-4 Toughness, dazed, defenseless, immobile, impaired, 0 hp)
Comments: That was a fun fight! Their contrast in styles was evident. Pearl probably could have held out longer, but I wanted to move onto to something else. Got a LOT of testing to do. I’m not sure about all the Advantages I gave Selina. They really tipped the scales in her favor once I decided to have her pull out of direct melee, but then again, that’s what I’m hoping they do when she fights high caliber foes.
Naw, naw, naw. :roll:

Pearl takes out that scrawny cat with one mighty punch! After all, Pearl is a lady. Down and out goes that cat. Selina's still in the hospital in a coma.
Thorpocalypse

Agence Byzantine: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for our MINIONS R US line is hitting the shelves!

AGENCE BYZANTINE
PL4

OPL: 4; SPL: -; DPL: 4; FWPL 2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 1 (+1), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception (+1), Ranged Combat [Guns] 1 (+3), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: French)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (16 pts)
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 15 pts
Twin Light Pistols: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3, Split; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1; Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +3 [Light Pistols +3; Assault Rifles +5, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2 (+3 against ballistics), Fortitude +2, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve their organization.

Abilities 20 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 0 + Defenses 6 = 37 / 37

Build Comments: I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Mark Waid created this new mook group just for his fairly recent Daredevil run. Regardless, you can never have enough French mooks to knock around.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: The Agence Byzantine is a French criminal organization, who along Hydra, A.I.M., the Secret Empire, the Black Spectre and Roxxon Oil created an alliance.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Invincible, Reanimen

Post by Jabroniville »

I kinda liked how they found ways to keep re-using the Reanimen concept as time went on- one of the few things that wasn't totally swept under the rug.

But yeah, when I re-read Invincible this past year, I was pretty stunned at how irresponsible and reckless Mark was- at least Atom Eve called him out on it at one point. The guy created mess after mess, acted emotionally, and caused a lot of damage. What's funny is that he was good at "one on one" human stuff (like fixing up that "garage-tech" guy with Cecil & Sinclair, or freeing the green chick after defeating her), but then he'd just do something like let Dinosaurus nuke Las Vegas because he wasn't watching over him. And things like that were often just not dwelled on, because Mark had something ELSE to do. That's the kind of thing that's more notable when you binge-read something, however.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Invincible, Reanimen

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 pm I kinda liked how they found ways to keep re-using the Reanimen concept as time went on- one of the few things that wasn't totally swept under the rug.
Yeah, it was pretty clever when they started using the remains of the dead Invincibles from that one invasion of evil Invincibles storyline as a way to keep the Reanimen relevant despite Mark's frequent powerups.
But yeah, when I re-read Invincible this past year, I was pretty stunned at how irresponsible and reckless Mark was- at least Atom Eve called him out on it at one point. The guy created mess after mess, acted emotionally, and caused a lot of damage. What's funny is that he was good at "one on one" human stuff (like fixing up that "garage-tech" guy with Cecil & Sinclair, or freeing the green chick after defeating her), but then he'd just do something like let Dinosaurus nuke Las Vegas because he wasn't watching over him. And things like that were often just not dwelled on, because Mark had something ELSE to do. That's the kind of thing that's more notable when you binge-read something, however.
Yeah, that inspired me to binge-read my old Invincible comics, and it is kind of amazing just how bad at being a superhero Mark is, which I blame on the reasons I outlined.

In a lot of cases, the series almost felt like it was a deconstruction of superheroics, to the point that Mark seemed to find being a superhero pointless and dumb. I liked that he'd try to do things like talk to some people one-on-one and find non-violent solutions to problems, but he'd just as often create bigger issues, act irresponsibly, and likewise just behave in ways that'd make him a fairly lousy hero.

I mean, take the bit where he had to choose between correcting the wrongs of the past or returning to his present time. It was a very human decision, but at the same time, not a very heroic one, or a responsible one. You'd think all he'd need to do is see how much pain he spared his mother and father, all the lives he'd save, and the mistakes of his he could fix, that he'd have to make that choice. No, there's nothing guaranteeing that the daughter he might have the in the future would or wouldn't be exactly Terra, but he'd have a chance for things to be, if anything, better because he'd be able to avoid so many of the problems he caused. Heck, he could wind up building a better life for any children he might have.

It'd have been interesting to see how Mark would work in a setting like Marvel or DC where there are other legitimate heroes for him to compare with, whose opinions he'd have to take seriously, and who are as powerful or more powerful than him. Someone he could actually talk to for advice or who could have slapped some sense into when he was being stupid. A big part of Mark's problems was that he rarely interacted with other heroes outside of the odd team up, and rarely formed any friendships or went to anyone for advice or training. Having a world where Superman or Captain America could have talked some sense into him likely would have helped him out immensely.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Scorpion: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Made some updates to my main Earth Scorpion, making him closer to his MKX incarnation. I did some similar updates to Sub-Zero. I have a test in mind for them soon, mainly because I want to test his Chain Spear mechanic.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:06 pm We're still NINJAHOLICS here at J-Mart! Check out this companion piece to our last new item for our Mortal Kombat aisle!

GET OVER HERE! - Scorpion

SCORPION (HANZO HASASHI)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 215
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Human Revenant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Shirai Ryu Temple, Japan
Team Affiliations: Shirai Ryu; Earthrealm Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12), Athletiks 7 (+10), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception (+4), Expertise [Ninja] 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status, Resources – Grandmaster of the Shirai Ryu), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Leadership, Move-by Aktion, Power Attakk (2) (Swords, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attakk (8), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Master of Fire: Immunity 11 (Aging, Fire Effekts); 11 pts
Hellfire Teleport: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Change Direktion); 3 pts
Kombat Array: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
KOME 'ERE!: Move Objekt 7 (Extra: Damaging [2 ranks], Linked [Affliktion], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to towards self only), Ranged Affliktion 7 (Piercing; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extras: Extra Kondition, Linked [Move Objekt], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two degrees); 22 pts
Spear Tip Strike: Multiattakk Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Akkurate, Dangerous); 1 pt
Hellfire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 7 (Extra: Indirekt [From Below], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Inakkurate); 1 pt
Inner Flames: Reaction Fire Damage 5 (Extra: Reaktion [to being touched], Flaw: Aktivation [Move Aktion]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Shirai Ryu Uniform: Protektion 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Twin Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Double; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attack +14 [Twin Swords +6, Kritikal 19-20; Inner Flames +5, Reaktion]
Spear Tip Strike +16 [Spear Tip Strikes +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +13 [COME ‘ERE! Affliktion/Move Objekt Damage +7/+2]
Hellfire Blast +11 [Hellfire Blast +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He hates Quan Chi for being the one that actually killed him and his family.
Motivation: Restoring the Shirai Ryu and his honor for his misdeeds while he was a revenant.
Rivalry: Sub-Zero. They were enemies for a good while as Scorpion blamed Sub-Zero I for killing his family, but now that he's learned otherwise, their relationship is civil, but they still like to outdo the other.

Abilities 78 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 39 + Defenses 15 = 182 / 182
Thorpocalypse

Secret Empire: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're adding to our MINIONS R US Line with this new item for Aisle 2!

SECRET EMPIRE AGENT
PL4

OPL: 4; SPL: -; DPL: 4; FWPL: 2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+2), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise [Terrorist] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Guns] 1 (+3), Stealth 1 (+2), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (4)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Costume: Protection 1, Limited to Ballistic Damage, Subtle; 1 pt
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (16 pts)
Assault Rifle: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 5; 15 pts
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Twin Light Pistols: Ranged Ballistic Damage 3, Split; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1; Knife +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +3 [Light Pistols +3; Assault Rifles +5, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Fragmentation Grenades +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2 (+3 against ballistics), Fortitude +2, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To serve their organization.

Abilities 20 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 0 + Defenses 4 = 35 / 35

Build Comments: The Secret Empire is another group of mooks that shows up from time to time to hassle Marvel heroes. Usually, the only name member is their Number One, which for now, I’m going with Professor Power, although that could change.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: The Secret Empire was originally created as a criminal enterprise designed to help fund HYDRA. It eventually developed into its own separate organization.It occasionally utilized superhuman operatives, and even financed the creation of their own mercenary, Boomerang. This incarnation came into frequent conflict with the Hulk.

One incarnation of the group inserted operatives in White House administrative roles, and framed Captain America for murder. During this same period, the organization began a significant campaign against mutants, capturing members of both the X-Men and their foes, like the Blob and Unus the Untouchable. This iteration of the Empire fell after Captain America defeated their operative, Moonstone, and their White House connection committed suicide. However, these events led Steve Rogers to experience a philosophical schism which briefly led to him abandoning the identity of Captain America to become Nomad.

A later version of this group also came into conflict with Captain America, as well as the Defenders and other heroes. This incarnation of the Secret Empire, led by Professor Power, abandoned the numbered cloaks worn by members of previous incarnations in favor of dressing like Roman centurions. It also used superhuman agents, like Mad Dog and the Mutant Force. The Defenders ultimately defeated this group and Professor Power was rendered comatose.

Despite the frequent failures that groups using the name experience, the Secret Empire continues to rise to threaten the world.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Re: J-Mart: Invincible, Reanimen, Doctor Octopus (Olivia Octavius)

Post by Bladewind »

I liked Liv as well... I found her to be much more of her own person than Carolyn Trainer, and that despite being more visually similar IMO to the prime Doc Ock...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Thorpocalypse

HIVE Agents: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new item for Aisle 1 as our MINIONS R US run continues!

H.I.V.E. AGENTS
PL4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+2), Athletics (+1), Deception 1 (+1), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Guns] 1 (+3), Stealth (+1), Technology 2 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (5)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Body Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Bee Helmet: Feature 1 (+2 Visual Dazzle Resistance); 1 pt
Jet Wings: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 ft pr); 10 pts
Blaster Gun: Energy Ranged Damage 5; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +3 [Blaster +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +2, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To The H.I.V.E.

Abilities 20 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 0 + Defenses 3 = 33 / 33

Build Comments: Oh sure, I could just use the same template for every evil organization’s goons, but where’s the fun in that?
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart: Doctor Octopus (Olivia Octavius), Patriot

Post by Ares »

I never understood why Marvel decided to replace Elijah with another random Patriot recently.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice stuff! Some deep cuts, especially with a Doc Ock I’ve never heard of :). Kudos!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

So I am moving this setting type stuff to my new setting thread on the settings board (look at me, using the boards like they were designed ;)) but I wanted to drop this here in prep for new X-Verse run in the near future. I really like what Hickman has done with his reboot of the X-Verse and I am totally going that direction as I build/update the X-Verse builds.

Spoilers abound if you haven't read HOX/POX yet...

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:18 am THE X-VERSE:

I have been loving Jonathan Hickman’s new X-Men run with House of X, Powers of X and Dawn. He is really living up to his “big idea guy” rep. The new status quo he’s setting up for the mutants is going to give he and the other X-Verse writers a plethora of story opportunities. I am going to try and set up my current X-Verse in a similar state and I will try to avoid spoilers but there may be a few as I update and build new characters out.

---------------------------------

Moira MacTaggert, until now thought to be a human geneticist ally of the X-Men, is revealed to be a mutant. Each time she died, her consciousness was transported back to herself in the womb, resetting the timeline, leaving her with perfect recall of her past lives. Moira’s first two lives were uneventful: she lived a happy life, not realizing her power activated at 13, and died surrounded by family, and then died again after figuring out she was a mutant.

Her third life was spent trying to cure herself of her mutant gene, and right as she succeeded, her lab and lab partners were blown up by the Brotherhood. Destiny, Mystique’s precog partner, saw what would come of the cure - weaponization by humans - and she saw Moira’s power. She also saw that Moira’s cycle would end if she died before her power activated, so she told Moira to stop trying to fight mutants and had Pyro burn her to death to make sure she remembered.

Her fourth life was spent trying to help: she married Charles, and X-history progressed about as it did in main continuity before ending in a sentinel massacre. Life five saw Moira push Charles into an isolationist pose early, but that one ended in robotic hellfire too. In Moira’s sixth life, she and Wolverine lived for a thousand years, with the robots somehow figuring out that she needed to be kept alive or she would reset the timeline. They lived in a wildlife preserve, maintained by a new branch of human evolution: Homo novissima, a fusion of humans and machines. The Librarian, part of a society trying to ascend to join the Phalanx, an intergalactic machine intelligence so dense it’s about to collapse into a singularity. If they do collapse, that would make the machines knowledge of this life separate from space and time - when Moira resurrects, they would know and be there - winning the war for the machines forever. However, before the ascension is complete, Wolverine stabs the Librarian in the face, then kills Moira so she can reset.

Her experience in the sixth life radicalized Moira - she’s certain if the war even starts, the mutants always lose. She spent life seven as an aggressor, killing every Trask she could find before they could create the Sentinels. Unfortunately, AI is like fire - a discovery, not a creation - and she died at the hands of a wild jungle Master Mold. In life eight, she convinced Magneto to go to war with the humans, but she died after he was stopped by an army of superheroes.

The only major mutant figure Moira had yet to ally with by this point was Apocalypse, so she awakened En Sabah Nur early in her ninth life and went to war. This life bore a strong resemblance to the Age of Apocalypse: many of the traditional heroes along with Xavier and Magneto were defeated early on by Apocalypse. Apocalypse and Mister Sinister used rampant genetic engineering to create a mutant army, but they were still losing.

Because of her experience in her sixth life, Moira had flagged the emergence of Nimrods as a paradigm shift in the war with the humans - Sentinels “bought the humans years,” as the Librarian told her, while “Nimrods bought [them] decades.” So to prevent this from coming to pass, Apocalypse’s crew stages an assault on a machine data storage facility to get precise knowledge of how Nimrod came to be. Having that data, it was given to Moira, absorbed immediately, and she was killed by Wolverine so she could be reborn.

Moira went to Charles again for her tenth life. This time, she said, they would try something different: all mutants together. Charles and Moira recruited Magneto, and then Magneto and Charles recruited Sinister and Forge to their new mission: finding a way to put all mutants together in their own fortress, and a way to keep mutants from ever dying. Professor Xavier, working closely with Magneto, has created a new home for mutant kind on Krakoa the Living Island with Cypher playing a key role with his ability to communicate with Krakoa. This island serves as a brand new mutant nation, something previously attempted by Magneto with Genosha and Cyclops with Utopia. Xavier believes he can succeed where his friends failed, partly by reaching out to other world leaders and encouraging them to officially recognize the sovereignty of the new mutant nation.

To encourage friendly relations with the outside world, Xavier uses his resources to purchase a large pharmaceutical company and create three wonder drugs - a pill that adds five years to anyone's lifespan, a new super-adaptable antibiotic and a drug that can cure all mental diseases in humans. The catch is that only those nations which open diplomatic relations with the mutant nation of Krakoa will be given these three drugs. Perhaps the most controversial aspect of Xavier's new mutant nation is his offer of blanket amnesty for all mutants, regardless of their crimes in the human world.

They bring all mutants to Krakoa, their new island nation. ALL mutants - heroes like Marvel Girl or Cypher; villains like Apocalypse, Exodus, Sebastian Shaw or Gorgon; are welcome. Cypher creates a new language called Krakoan, which every mutant automatically learns through telepathy when they arrive on Krakoa via numerous teleportals that are created from Krakoan fauna and Forge’s tech. The portals can only be used by mutants as no homo sapiens are allowed on Krakoa.

The mutant island’s formation triggers the Orchis protocols: a gathering of human scientists with the goal of creating machine defenses for humanity. They’re joined by Karima Shapandar, the Omega Sentinel and erstwhile X-ally, as they repurpose an old Iron Man Dyson sphere to build a Mother Mold - a Sentinel factory that builds other Sentinel factories. Charles and Magneto believe this is the moment that Nimrod emerges, so they send a team to destroy it before it comes online.

That raid turns out to be a suicide run: Penance, Cyclops, Archangel, Marvel Girl, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Mystique are all killed ejecting Mother Mold into the sun as it wakes up. They die in horrible ways in space, but it turns out Professor X and his allies have found a way to cheat death. They are almost immediately brought back by The Five:

- Goldballs, a mutant with the power to...shoot gold balls out of his chest. We found out they’re actually eggs.
- Proteus, the reality warping child of Moira and Joe MacTaggert, who would tweak the eggs to match the bodies of the deceased mutants from the DNA samples of the mutants that have been provided by Sinister. He was a big X-Men villain from right before the Dark Phoenix saga, who now uses husk clones of Charles as fresh bodies when his power burns out the old one.
- Elixir, an Omega level mutant with the power to heal completely (or kill) with a touch. He kickstarts the biological regeneration process.
- Tempus, who has the power to manipulate the flow of time who could age the bodies to their peak age.
- And Hope Summers, the first mutant born after the Scarlet Witch depowered 98% of all living mutants in House of M, with the power to mimic other mutants and smooth out the application of their powers in themselves.

Then Professor X steps in and uses Cerebro to imbue the mutant husk with a “backup” mind as he has been using Cerebro to make a backup copy of every mutant mind on the planet every week. This process was tested with several deceased mutants like Xorn, the Stepford Cuckoos, and hte original Pyro, St. John Allerdice, to name a few. Magneto and Xavier are planning to use the process to resurrect all 16.5 million mutants that were killed on Genosha.

After the celebration of the X-Men's resurrection, a ruling council known as the Quiet Council, is named: Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Storm, Emma Frost, Sebastian Shaw, Exodus, Sinister, and Mystique, with one seat left open to be filled by Hellfire Club leaders Shaw and Frost. The first act of the Quiet Council was to set out the three baseline rules for living on Krakoa:

MAKE MORE MUTANTS
MURDER NO MAN
RESPECT THIS SACRED LAND

Sabretooth was convicted of violating the second law for the murders he committed, specifically against Magneto’s orders, in the heist to steal data about the Orchis base. His punishment was not death, as that would have placed him in resurrection protocols. Instead, he was swallowed by Krakoa to be kept in stasis for an indefinite period of time.
Thorpocalypse

AIM Troopers: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We AIM TO PLEASE here at J-Mart! Check out this new item for Aisle 2!

[Image

A.I.M. GOONS
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+3), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+4), Expertise [Science] 4 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception 1 (+2), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+4), Stealth (+2), Technology 4 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (3)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
"Evil Beekeeper" Costume: Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to Ballistic); 1 pt
Autoblasters: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 4; 12 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +2
Blaster +4 [Blaster Guns +4, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +3 [DC14]
Toughness +2 (+4 against Ballistic), Fortitude +2, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To A.I.M.

Abilities 28 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 0 + Defenses 3 = 43 / 43

Build Comments: Everyone’s favorite Evil Beekeepers, the AIM goons.

--

AIM SCIENTIST
PL3

OPL: 0; SPL: 3; DPL: 3; FWPL:2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Expertise [Science] 9 (+13), Expertise [Terrorism] 1 (+5), Insight (+1), Perception 3 (+4), Technology 9 (+13) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (2), Inventor

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
"Evil Beekeeper" Costume: Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to Ballistic); 1 pt
9 pts for Science EQ, Tech, etc.

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +0
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +1 [DC11]
Toughness +1 (+3 against ballistics), Fortitude +1, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Responsibility: To A.I.M.

Abilities 14 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 0 + Defenses 5 = 31 / 31

Build Comments: Despite their jobber troopers, AIM does have some of the greatest scientific minds in the world, so I figured I should give them a few scientists to create some of their better tech.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.