J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart: Kate Pryde, Krakoa, Apocalypse, Mei, Mercy, Archangel

Post by Woodclaw »

Sidious wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 pm I still don't think it's current continuity.(an easy way to return to status quo if this flops)

I think "Charles" put the psychic whammy on the surviving X-Men and they are all stored under Krakoa. (another easy way to return to statis quo when this is over).

This would explain why Cyclops is back in Boy Scout/Good Soldier mode, after being the new Magneto for a while.
This would explain Marvel Girl Jean.
"Happy" Wolverine back in the brown suit. (at least this part, I like)
also any number of out of character/physical anomalies that may have cropped up. (Wasn't Doug killed fairly recently, before all this?)

And where is Archangel in all this? A clone wouldn't have the techno-organic wings. Resetting him mentally back to when he had all feather wings would throw up a bunch of red flags. So where is he?
Well, if Krakoa scanned the original team way back in the day, it would stand to reason that it has only the organic version of Angel in store.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Re: Drake: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Even though I haven't been posting new builds, I've been busy on the thread, fixing errors and updating older stuff. I thought Tim Drake's new codename was clever so I updated him with such.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:34 pm We've got a RED LIGHT SPECIAL as our Gotham truck spills more goodies for the J-Mart shelves!

Look at yooou. Always so serious! The first annoyed with quip and quickness, the second earned his anger and pain--(and ultimately his death)--but you... you have always bored me with your perfection, that arrogant flaunting of how much better you think you are than everyone else. - The Joker

DRAKE (TIM DRAKE-WAYNE)
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 8; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-9
Weight: 140
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: Teen Titans; Batman Family

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13) [Agile Feint], Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception 10 (+13), Expertise [Computers] 11 (+17), Expertise [Criminology] 7 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+10), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 12 (+18) [Skill Mastery, Well-Informed], Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 7 (+10) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+12), Sleight of Hand 7 (+12), Stealth 10 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 11 (+17) [Inventor], Treatment 3 (+9), Vehicles 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack (1), Combat Leader*, Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (12), Evasion (1), Extraordinary Effort, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Inspire (2), Inventor, Languages (3) (Mandarin, Spanish, Lakota, 7 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (1) (Inspiration), Move-by Action, Power Attack (3) (Shuriken, Staff, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (5), Redirect, Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Investigation), Takedown (2), Teamwork, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Drake Costume: 16 pts Traits, Removable (-3 pts); 13 pts
Kevlar Weave: Protection 1, Immunity 7 (Critical Hits, Flaw: Limited [Ballistics only], Fire Damage [Limited: Half effect]); 5 pts
Mask: Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision), Commlink (Communication 3 [Statewide/Small Nation, Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Bat Family]); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(55 pts)
Grapple Gun: (4 pts)
Grappling: Move Object 3 (Flaw: Limited to pulling towards); 3 pts
Swinging: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Bo Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 2, Reach [5 ft], Split; 4 pts
Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging), Ranged Trip; 3 pts
Utility Belt: (30 pts)
Drake Gadgets: Variable 1 (5 pts traits; Any tool or skill equipment, Free Action, Quirk [Limited to 2 equipment points or less]); 6 pts
Flash Bang Grenade: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 18 pts
Tear Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Visually Impaired, 2nd: Stunned and Visually Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Throwing Discs: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 1 pt
Bolo: Ranged Grab 3; 1 pt
Drake Shuriken: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Smoke Grenade: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Attack [Resisted by Dodge], Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Vehicle: (13 pts)
Drake Cycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features -Navigation System, Remote Control, Secret Compartments; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +13 [Bo Staff +4]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +10
Throwing +12 [Throwing Discs +4; Drake Shuriken +2, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Flash Bang Affliction +6, Burst Area; Tear Gas Affliction +6, Cloud Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The General/Anarky II, among others.
Relationships: The Batman family, Conner Kent and Cassie Sandsmark.
Responsibility: To protect Gotham and live up to Batman’s faith in him.
Rivalry: Both have gotten better, but has had rivalries with Damian Wayne who is very jealous of him and Jason Todd, who wanted to prove that he is/was the better Robin.
Secret Identity: He has a secret identity of Tim Drake-Wayne, adopted son of Bruce Wayne.

Abilities 80 + Skills 64 (128 ranks) + Advantages 51 + Powers 13 + Defenses 13 = 221 / 221
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm not a fan of the new look or name they gave Tim. Calling him "Drake" just seems too meta, like they're winking at the camera and saying "The guys that created the 3rd Robin named him after a bird".

Me personally, if they were going to give Tim a non-Robin identity no one is really using right now, I would have made Tim the new Question. He's got the detective and martial arts skills, he has a history with Lady Shiva, it'd give Tim his own identity that plays to his strengths, and it gives the identity to someone that fits better than Rene Montoya.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ares wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:09 am I'm not a fan of the new look or name they gave Tim. Calling him "Drake" just seems too meta, like they're winking at the camera and saying "The guys that created the 3rd Robin named him after a bird".

Me personally, if they were going to give Tim a non-Robin identity no one is really using right now, I would have made Tim the new Question. He's got the detective and martial arts skills, he has a history with Lady Shiva, it'd give Tim his own identity that plays to his strengths, and it gives the identity to someone that fits better than Rene Montoya.
I'm not a fan of the costume, but I liked the meta name nod. He would be a kick ass Question, though.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

sheesh whats wrong with Red robin? or call him cardinal or something like that
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 pm sheesh whats wrong with Red robin? or call him cardinal or something like that
Nothing is wrong with Red Robin. I have a friend who went to Red Robin for lunch. Said the fries were very good. :lol:

We will see the Cardinal at our Holiday Church Service. :roll:
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

I'm forced to think of The Bishop...
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 am Even though I haven't been posting new builds, I've been busy on the thread, fixing errors and updating older stuff. I thought Tim Drake's new codename was clever so I updated him with such.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:34 pm We've got a RED LIGHT SPECIAL as our Gotham truck spills more goodies for the J-Mart shelves!

Look at yooou. Always so serious! The first annoyed with quip and quickness, the second earned his anger and pain--(and ultimately his death)--but you... you have always bored me with your perfection, that arrogant flaunting of how much better you think you are than everyone else. - The Joker

DRAKE (TIM DRAKE-WAYNE)
There was nothing wrong with the Red Robin name or original costume.
While I don't care for this name, I HATE the costume.

All it really needs is an Owl's mask and he's a Talon.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Sidious wrote: There was nothing wrong with the Red Robin name or original costume.

And I won't be surprised if that is the big twist later on.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Moonstone: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm starting to fill in some of the spots created by movin my setting posts to my setting thread. Here's Moonstone, a long time fave villain.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:48 am We've got a new item for our Villains Line as we kick off another LADIES' NIGHT!

Lady, you are crazy! And I have an M.D. in psychiatry... So when I say you're crazy... You're crazy. - Doc Samson to Moonstone

MOONSTONE
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 7; DPL: 11; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 135
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: New York, New York, USA
Team Affiliations: Thunderbolts; Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Behavioral Sciences] 11 (+15), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation (+5), Perception (+3), Persuasion 10 (+15/+17) [Attractive, Daze, Fascinate], Ranged Combat [Blast] 8 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 3 (+7), Treatment 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Daze (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Fascinate (2) (Deception, Persuasion), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Kree, 1 other, Base: English), Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Gravimetric Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 mph/2 mpr); 18 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9; 11 pts
Moonstone Powers: 24 pt Array; 29 pts
Gravity Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 12; 24 pts
Gravity Control: Move Object 12 (Gravity); 1 pt
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal); 1 pt
Dazzling Burst: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Debilitated, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Gravity Burst: Burst Area Force Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +2
Light Control +10 [Gravity Blast +12; Gravity Control Move Object +12]
Special Attack [Gravity Burst +11, Burst Area; Blinding Burst Affliction +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Manipulation.
Power Loss: She loses her powers if she is separated from the Moonstone that is bonded to her and her stats drop to STR 1, STA 1, FGT 3.
Rivalry: Captain Marvel Carol Danvers.

Abilities 86 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 58 + Defenses 17 = 197 / 197

Build Comments: Gotta love Moonstone. One of the best manipulators in comics, she has been shown to really want to change but she can’t let herself, at least not all the way. In the Thorpocaverse, she’s not even trying to change, she is being her bad girl self, working with Luthor’s Injustice League among other villains and doing her thing. Which mainly includes being Captain Marvel's arch enemy and trying to manipulate every male hero she can along the way.

Secret Origins: Karla Sofen grew up the daughter of a maid to a privileged family. She was forced to be a "playmate" to Deanna Stockbridge, the family's daughter who was her age. Deanna saw Karla as a true friend, but Karla chaffed at being so close to wealth but being unable to call it her own. Still, she developed a talent for manipulating the naïve Deanna for her own amusement. Karla graduated college thanks to her mother working multiple jobs to support her education, and promised she would never be in the same situation herself.

After becoming a psychologist, Karla enjoyed manipulating her patients for her own ends. Since she couldn't afford for her jealous housewife patient to be "cured" of her paranoia just yet, Karla called the house pretending to be a lover of her patient's husband in order to keep her coming back for more sessions. Karla trained under the tutelage of the criminal Doctor Faustus. She even assisted Doctor Faustus in his grandiose attempt to take control of Manhattan Island. Faustus' plans never came to fruition however, due to the efforts of Captain America. As Cap rounded up Faustus' men, Sofen hid herself inside the baggage compartment of the doctor’s private 747, thus evading capture.

The Story so Far: She later used her psychiatric credentials to gain access to the prison cell of Lloyd Bloch – the original Moonstone. Using hypnosis, she convinced Bloch that he was in fact a hideous, loathsome monster. The psychological trauma was so severe that it caused his body to reject the moonstone within him. Energized by the emotional rush, Karla was able to absorb the essence of the moonstone through a sheer act of will. The intensity of the transfer was so great that it even granted Karla the ability to absorb Bloch's Moonstone armor into her own bodily tissue. With Bloch now powerless, Karla Sofen became the new Moonstone.

Over the years, she has been both a supervillain and an anti-hero. She was a member of the Masters of Evil, Thunderbolts and the Dark Avengers, and in the latter group she temporally replaced Carol Danvers as Ms. Marvel.

Characterization: In addition to the powers she wields by virtue of her bond with the gravity stone, Karla Sofen has extensive knowledge of psychology and psychiatry, and has an M.D., specializing in psychiatry. She often uses this expertise to manipulate those around her for personal gain. However, she has often shown that she is not as skilled as she would like to believe, resulting in her being outmanipulated by more experienced manipulators.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Killer Frost: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Took a new run at Killer Frost.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:12 am Let's keep this LADIES' NIGHT rolling with this KILLER new item for Aisle 1!

The only way I could feel warm, the only way to melt the ice in my veins... was to kill. - Killer Frost

KILLER FROST
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-4
Weight: 123
Hair: White
Skin: Blue
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Science] 8 (+13), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Cold Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack

POWERS:
Human Fridge: Feature 1 (You can generate sufficient cold to perfectly chill food and beverages by touch or keep cold items cold so long as you are touching them); 1 pt
Snowdown: Feature 1 (You can generate small amounts of ice and/or snow at will, up to about a handful per round, sufficient to give you ice to fill a glass or produce a snowball to throw); 1 pt
Insta-Chill: Feature 1 (You can cool small, hot items instantly by touch, turning boiling water into ice water, for example, or making hot food cold); 1 pt
Cold Shoulder: Feature 1 (You can generate a small drop in temperature, enough to give people “chills” in your immediate area, good for a circumstance bonus for some interactions); 1 pt
Immunity to Cold: Immunity 7 (Environmental Cold, Cold Damage, Environmental Heat); 7 pts
Skin Like Ice: Protection 4; 4 pts
Ice Walking: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Ice]); 2 pts
Thermal Vision: Senses 1 (Infravision); 1 pt
Ice Slides: Flight 5 (60 mph/900 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Cold Control: 28 pt Array; 35 pts
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Variable Descriptor 2 [Cold and Bludgeoning or Slashing or Piercing]; 28 pts
Cold Projection: Environment 2 (120 ft radius; Cold [extreme cold]); 1 pt
Ice Sculpting: Create 13 (Ice; Extra: Permanent, Quirk: Will melt over time with exposure to enough heat); 1 pt
Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 13 (Cold; Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 13 (Flaw: Affects Only Objects); 1 pt
Ice Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Freeze Cone: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt
Ice Slick: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted and Overcome by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited Degree); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Cold Control +7 [Ice Blast +13; Cold Blast +13; Ice Binding Affliction +13; Ice Sculpting Create +13; Flash Freeze Weaken +13]
Special Attack [Freeze Cone Affliction +9, Cone Area; Ice Slick +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +6 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Only extreme heat can sustain her, and Firestorm's particular heat is perfect for her.
Weakness: Caitlin needs to absorb heat to not only fuel her powers, to sustain herself. Without it, she can become impaired, disabled and eventually die

Abilities 44 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 58 + Defenses 22 = 138 / 138

Build Comments: I always liked ice themed heroes and villains and Killer Frost is one of my faves. In the comics she was OK, but in JLU, she rocked. I think it was the punk/goth makeover that did it for me. I wanted a younger Killer Frost, more focused on power so I am doing a JLU/New 52 hybrid type of thing.

Secret Origins: As the one of the youngest and brightest scientists S.T.A.R. has ever recruited, Caitlin Snow began working with other scientists at S.T.A.R. labs outpost #72: The Thermodynamics Division. She was greeted and welcomed by the staff, but behind closed doors they wanted her gone. She took the place of another scientist, Dr. Louise Lincoln, and began studying her work on creating a self-sustaining thermodynamic engine which can create a perpetual motion of solar energy which would change the world’s idea of conducting energy.

On the verge of finishing the machine, her fellow scientists locked her in the chamber. They wanted the engine to explode with her in it, but things didn't go according to plan. The ultra conductor started feeding back into itself, and a bright light flashed before their eyes. Caitlin had rearranged the super-coolant wiring right before they turned the machine on, and it overloaded allowing the chamber to be flooded with cold air. The combination changed her completely.

The Story so Far: She emerged from the giant block of ice, grabbing the person nearest to her and draining him of his life. She felt so empty, that his warmth fed her, and thats when she knew she needed warmth to feel alive. One by one each of the scientists fell prey to her cold hands. From then on her life was never the same.

Three years later, her intellect allowed her to design a suit that could retain the heat she took from others yet she still needed to take the life of another. The one day she had her first fight with Firestorm, and she knew that his power was the only power that could make her normal again.

Characterization: Killer Frost has a heart as cold as her powers.

Friends and Foes: She remains a foe of Firestorm.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Ursa: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More villains for LADIES' NIGHT!
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 am Check out this companion piece to our last new item on Aisle 1!

The killing. That's my favorite part. Zod -- strong, sure, brilliant Zod -- doesn't understand that. He finds victory in planning, in preparation, in the discovery of every little detail. He calls that strategy. He calls that tactics. There's a better word for it. Anticipation. And that's why he is the general... and I am the weapon. - Ursa

URSA
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 8; DPL: 13; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 148
Eyes: Brown
Race: Kryptonian
Base of Operations: The Phantom Zone

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 15, STAMINA 11, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 11, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 2 (+17), Deception 9 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 8 (+9), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+11), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Kryptonian), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 7 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 7 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 13, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 32 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8, Enhanced Advantages 5 (Improved Initiative 5), (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 14; 28 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 9 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 2], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8 (+28 with Super Speed)
Close Attack +11 [Unarmed +15]
Ranged Attack +9 [Heat Vision +14]
Guns +11
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +9, Cone Area; Freezing Breath Affliction +9, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +14 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Patriotism: She is loyal to Krypton and its people.
Power Loss: Ursa loses her powers and her Str and Sta are reduced to 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of her powers.
Relationships: Ursa, in her strange way, does love her son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) and her longtime lover, General Zod, but sometimes she has…interesting ways of showing it.
Vulnerable: Ursa is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. Her Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses her ranks of Protection.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 100 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 130 + Defenses 13 = 284 / 284

Build Comments: So of course, when I was growing up, the original 1980 Superman movie with Christopher Reeve was the standard for superhero movies until Spider-Man ushered in the new era. As such I was always an Ursa man, no matter how many times they tried to make the switch to Faora.

I built Ursa to be the quick, martial artist type fighter of the trio. She’s not as powerful as the others, but she is the best natural fighter of the 3, able to give Clark as good a fight as Zod because of her speed and skill.

Secret Origins: Ursa was a proud young commander, leading the elite Black Zero unit. When the Kryptonian Science Council discovered that two of their most revered scientists, Jor-El and Non, had determined that in a short matter of time, Krypton would suffer geothermic upheavel that would destroy the entire planet, they branded the two as heretics sent General Zod and his militants to Jor-El's laboratory to arrest he and Non. Ursa was in charge of placing the two scientists under arrest and handing them over to the council. The Science Council administered a stern warning to them, and set them free.

The Story so Far: Ursa, Non and Zod remained in the Phantom Zone for many years. During this time, Zod and she mated and produced a son, Lor-Zod.

Zod, Ursa and Non have escapted the Zone on a handful occasions, but eventually they are defeated and returned.

Characterization: Ursa is a ruthless warrior and killer. She is loyal to Zod and sees Non as more of a pet than anything and has little maternal instinct, threatening Chris’ life at least twice to further Zod’s ends.

Friends and Foes: Zod and Non are her allies, and she shares Zod’s rivalry with Superman. She also has strong rivalries with Power Girl, Supergirl and Wonder Woman.
Thorpocalypse

Re: General Zod: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new build to fill an old post spot.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:55 am KNEEL on Aisle 1...

Kneel before Zod. - General Zod

GENERAL ZOD
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 8; DPL: 13; FWPL: 12; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 230

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+18), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 10 (+13), Expertise [Military] 10 (+13), Insight 6 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 7 (+11), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (3) (Status – General of Kryptonian Military), Close Attack (1), Favored Foe (Superman), Diehard, Equipment (1), Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative (5), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Kryptonian), Leadership, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 6 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 15, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 34 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Enhanced Quickness 7 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems], Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Area Cone [60 ft cone]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +9 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath +10, Cone Area; Freezing Breath +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +17 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!: Zod’s defining characteristic is his monumental arrogance, which frequently blinds him to flaws in his plans or the potential superiority of his adversaries.
Patriotism: Despite his brutal nature and arrogance, Zod is loyal to Krypton and it’s people above all else.
Power Loss: Zod loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Zod has some feelings for his son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) and his longtime associates Ursa and Non, although he generally is only concerned about himself and his plans.
Vulnerable: Zod is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 112 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 135 + Defenses 13 = 307 / 307

Build Comments: Very simply put: KNEEL…

Secret Origins: Zod was the head of Krypton's Military Guild and became so dissatisfied with the planet's ruling council's decisions that he attempted a rebellion. He learned of Jor-El's prophecy that Krypton was doomed and his plans to steal the codex, the key to genetically-engineering Kryptonians. He went to confront Jor-El and learns of Jor-El and Lara’s natural born son Kal-El, which is against Kryptonian Law, as all Kryptonians are engineered to be more efficient. Angered, Zod fought Jor-El but the scientist was able to send Kal-El and the codex bound to his DNA off in a rocket bound for Earth. Before he could kill the scientist he and his forces, including his second-in-command Faora and his massive enforcer Non, are captured and sentenced to 300 cycles within the Phantom Zone. Zod then cryptically warned Jor-El and Lara that he will find their son. Although he is imprisoned within the Phantom Zone, a short time later, the destruction of Krypton frees him and his cohorts.

The Story so Far: Zod located Kal-El on Earth and came prepared to negotiate with his fellow Kryptonian, but was also ready for war. He threatened its people into handing over Kal-El, who now goes by the name of Clark Kent. Clark surrended and Zod reveals to Clark how he and his team refit the Phantom Zone projector into their ship, acquired a "world engine" device, scouted unsuccessfully for surviving Kryptonian colonies, and traveled to Earth due to Clark's triggering a beacon by activating his crystals. He then revealed his plan to terraform the planet with the world engine and use the codex to repopulate the world with genetically-engineered Kryptonians, bringing an end to the Human race.

Superman and Zod fought and after initially capturing Superman, Zod released the world engine on Metropolis and over the Indian Ocean to begin terraforming. Superman, with the assistance of The Justice League, The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D., are able to destroy the device and Superman is able to use the Phantom Zone device to transport Zod and his allies into the Phantom Zone, foiling Zod's plans.

Zod, Faora and Non have escapted the Zone on a handful occasions, but eventually they are defeated and returned.

Characterization: Zod is arrogant and quick tempered, but his love for his world and his people is unequaled.

Friends and Foes: Zod has a great enmity for Kal-El for the defeats he has given him and his history with Jor-El. He is mostly loyal to Faora and Non and he does seems to show some fatherly feelings towards Lor-Zod (Chris Kent) at times, but in general, his greatest love is Krypton and his desire to protect it’s heritage and restore it somehow.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Non: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

And to complete the set.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:12 am We've got another companion piece to our last two items on Aisle 1!

NON
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 9; DPL: 13; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 7-6
Weight: 400
Hair: None
Alignment: Neutral

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Deception (-1), Insight (-1), Intimidation 9 (+8/+9), Perception 1 (+0), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Heat Vision] 2 (+5), Stealth (+1/+0)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment (1), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (5), Ranged Attack (2)

POWERS:
Big Man: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 6 (800,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 36 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 29 pt Dynamic Array; 33 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr); Extra: Dynamic); 29 pts
Super Speed: Speed 14 (32,000 mph/60 mpr), Enhanced Quickness 7 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Damage 15; 30 pts
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft radius], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 18 (Normal Hearing [Acute and Extended 3], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 3 [DNA/Complex Molecules], Ultra-Hearing [Extended], Vision Penetrates Concealment [Extended, Flaw: Cannot see through lead]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +3
Heat Vision +5 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +19 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: While Non is very loyal to Zod, he sometimes finds his more gentle nature fighting against his orders.
Mental Instability: Due to his lobotomy, Non sometimes suffer radical moods swings and can have trouble processing information.
Power Loss: Non loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 5 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: He is loyal to General Zod, Ursa and their son, Lor-Zod (Chris Kent). Vulnerable: Non is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks and he loses his ranks of Protection.

Abilities 64 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 143 + Defenses 12 = 231 / 231

Build Comments: Non is a brute that is stronger than Superman and tougher, but not nearly as capable in combat or strategy. But, he can lay a hurting on Superman and keep him away from Zod for a good while, allowing whatever plan he has cooked up to come to fruition.

Secret Origins: Non was one of General Zod’s best soldiers, a huge man with great natural fighting instincts and power. However, during a routine training exercise, a large beam broke loose and Non was struck in the head by it while pushing another cadet out of the way. He suffered serious head trauma and despite the best Kryptonian medical care, from that time forward he had severe mental retardation. Zod took pity on him and kept him as part of his inner circle and Non repaid Zod’s loyalty with his own.

The Story so Far: Non traveled with Zod to Earth and has battled Superman many times. He is currently in the Phantom Zone with Zod, Ursa and other Kryptonian criminals.

Characterization: Non has severe mental retardation due to his accident. He can barely speak and pretty much just does with Zod and Ursa (and Lor-Zod) tell him.

Friends and Foes: He is extremely loyal to Zod and Ursa, moreso to Zod but he is also very loyal to Lor-Zod. This has caused him great internal conflict, but more often than not, he has helped Lor-Zod when he needed it, which has gotten him in great trouble with Zod.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 pm sheesh whats wrong with Red robin? or call him cardinal or something like that
Sidious wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:11 pm
There was nothing wrong with the Red Robin name or original costume.

Gilliam wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:07 pm And I won't be surprised if that is the big twist later on.
Actually, I just thought of something. Why not make the colors of his costume black and white, and then change his name to "Rook"? You keep the "R", it's the name of a bird, but it also has a double meaning, being related to the chess piece to tie it into Tim's intelligence and strategic skills.

If you weren't going to go the Question route, that would solve a few issues.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.