J-Mart Fantasy: Closed for remodeling

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Wagon Ambush! - Part 2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest/Story – Wagon Ambush! – Part 2

Part 1

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Intro: This will wrap up this short arc of the Wagon Ambush. Should be an interesting fight. I plan on making it challenging for the PCs, especially since they will get a little assistance as I try to work in another one of the PCs I haven’t tested yet. So without further ado…

--
Just to make sure the orc does what he says, Extherene is going to drop a Charm spell on him. He has to make a DC15 Will save and he gets a 7 for a 2nd degree failure and he’s compelled. Good enough to get him to tell them exactly where to go. I’ll give him two chances to break out of it on the way, even though he could get a lot more but I want to move this along. He blows them both with 10’s both times. He leads there where they want to go, despite his gut telling him otherwise.
After sending the horses with the caravan, Arisema, Beaver, Extherene, Jaharri, Jobymme, and Xelennia, led by the charmed orc, walked for about 2 more hours almost due west through some forest trails before it become obvious that the orc camp was not too far ahead.
Tactics check for Arisema, she gets a 25. She’s got a good plan.
To ensure that he didn’t signal his tribe, Xelennia and Jaharri bound and gagged the orc. After leaving him secured and partially hidden behind some bushes, they advanced a bit further, then the rest of the party took cover while Xelennia crept ahead to scout.
With plenty of cover, she’ll use her Skill Mastery to take 10 for a 20 stealth. I’ll give the orcs 3 chances to meet or beat that before saying she covered the whole area. 9, 19 (close), 17. She moves freely without being spotted. With that, I’ll say she can take 10 on her Perception for a 15 to get a good view of the whole camp.
After a few minutes, Xelennia returned with the complete layout of the camp. There were 4 guards stationed at various points around the perimeter of the camp. She saw about a dozen more orcs, including one she recognized from the day before, roaming around, working on sharpening blades, repairing armor and other odds and ends. The camp was right in front of a cave entrance, which judging by the hillside that it opened into couldn’t have been very large. Since she didn’t see the ogre, she assumed that he, and probably the rest of the orc band were in there.

With that information, Arisema laid out her plan of attack. She, Xelennia and Extherene would take out the guards on the perimeter of the camp. Extherene would remain at the edge of the camp where she could use her Magic Missiles to pick off orcs at range. Beaver would draw the larger group of orcs attention…

“What?!?!?!” Beaver quickly replied, a bit too loudly for Arisema’s taste, but not loud enough to be heard by their foes.

“You always love an audience, Bard,” Jobymme chuckled. “And don’t fret, I’m sure theses orcs will love your jaunty tunes!”

…while Jobymme and Jaharri stormed the camp, which Jaharri was more than happy to do. They worked out a bird call signal and took off for their assignments.

“Fine,” Beaver said somberly, leaning up against a tree. “But do note that if I am killed, I will NEVER speak to any of you again…”
Surprise Round(s): OK, set up time. The cave is to the western most point of the camp. If this were a tabletop map, it would be on the left as I would be looking down as the GM. The campsite area would be about 50x50, with the cave entrance smack dap in the center of the west edge. The guards would be 10 ft out from the edge of the camp, one at center north, one at center south, one each at the northeast and southeast edges. Jaharri and Jobymme will be back in the forest about 60 ft, waiting for Beaver to do his thing. Beaver will enter from the east.

I’ll make the orc guards minions to hopefully get them taken care of quickly so I can get to the part of the encounter I really want to do, which is springing the ogre from the cave. They’ve fought enough orcs for a while…anyway, Arisema will take the guard to the south, Extherene will take the guard to the southeast and Xelennia will take the guards on the northeast and north. Plenty of cover for them to use stealth. Stealth check for Arisema is a 21 against a 9 perception, no problem. She’ll pull her bow and take she’ll roll to aim for the throat to take him out silently, I’ll say she’s at -2. She still hits with a 15 and he fails the toughness check of DC18 with a 17 to drop without a sound.

Extherene will try to sneak up on her orc guard. She succeeds with a 16 against a 7 perception. She will also be at -2 to hit to Magic Missile him in the head/throat and she nails him with a 19. He gets a natural 1 on his toughness check so he’s out.

Xelennia goes for her first orc, taking 10 on Stealth for a 20. The orc gets a 12 on his perception. Same thing, -2 for a silent strike and she gets her backstab with her short swords and she gets a 15 to hit. The orc only gets a 14 on his TC so he’s out. Xelennia works her way over to the last orc guard and...
As the elven rogue worked her way into position for her last foe, she thought she noticed some movement off to the west of her. She took a quick look, but couldn’t confirm it. As she turned back to focus on the orc, she saw him lying on the ground, seemingly incapacitated. She cautiously advanced and saw that he was still breathing but his eyes were wide open. As she moved in closer, she could tell that he was completely incoherent.

“What in the Nine Hells happened to him?” she thought to herself. Taking no chances, she quickly pulled out one of her daggers, covered his mouth and slit his throat. A few seconds later, she did her best mockingbird call to signal Beaver that he was on.
Performance check for Beaver, 19+9=28. He’s killing it! I’ll say he gets to be on full Defend and the orcs are completely focused on him. Everyone else can get into position to do whatever they want next round, although there’s no more surprise. I’m giving him an HP for that.
After taking a deep breath and cursing his childhood friend, Arisema, Beaver pulls out his lute and begins playing one of his happiest songs, The Beauty of Ale, and singing as loudly as he could. It didn’t take long for the band of orcs to turn his way and begin drawing their weapons, oblivious to Arisema and Xelennia moving in from the south and north, respectively, nor Jaharri and Jobymme advancing in on them from each side of Beaver. Extherene was able to get a great angle from behind a tree just outside of the edge of the camp.

The singing also drew out another half dozen battle ready orcs from the cave, with one of them “leading”, or more accurately, being drug behind a massive, pony-sized wolf that seemed very interested in the Bard’s song. Seeing that, as well as noticing several orcs readying javelins, Beaver quickly ended the song mid-verse, bowed and said, “Thank you! Thank you, so much! And now, for our feature performers…”
Round 1: First thing to note is that Arisema is going to use an HP to activate her Combat Leader, giving any allies within 60 ft radius of her +2 to Initiative. From where I envision she is, that will be everyone but Xelennia. Initiative: ???? – 27, Extherene – 24, Beaver – 23, Dire Wolf– 13, Jaharri – 12, Ogre – 11, Arisema – 10, Orc Elite – 8, Xelennia – 6, Jobymme – 6, Orc Platoon – 3. In wanting to move the fight along, I’m making the 18 orcs as one Platoon for Mass Combat.

The unknown participant that took out the one Orc guard will hold for now to see what this all about. Extherene will go right after the orcs with a Magic Missile, going PA2. She crits with a nat 20. That’s a DC26 TC, the orc platoon gets a 20 for a 2nd degree failure. That makes them Disrupted and Stunned. That forces a Morale check of DC10 and they pass with a 10 on the dot. Beaver stays on full defense. The dire wolf (DW 1) charges Beaver, getting a 20 which would have hit, but Beaver gets a 22 on his opposed Defend check and avoids the bite! Jaharri runs in on the orcs, going AA2 and hitting with a 15. The platoon fails the DC21 TC by 9 to be Disrupted and Stunned again, and this time the morale goes really badly, with a nat 1 for another disrupted check. The orc platoon may not be long for this battle, which is fine.

Hearing the din of battle, the Ogre comes out of the cave leading another dire wolf (DW 2). He can’t reach anyone this round, but he will move up to where he should be able to get to Jaharri next round, or vice versa. Arisema moves towards Beaver and looses an arrow at the dire wolf, PA2. Nat 1. Not only does she miss but the bow string is broken. She’s melee only from now on in this encounter. Another big orc, similar to the orc that Jaharri fought in the ambush, also exits the cave also with a dire wolf (DW 3) on a leash and he will move towards the center of the camp and release the wolf. Xelennia will use the commotion and hug the perimeter stealthily, using Skill Mastery to take 10 for a 20 and easily avoids being spotted with a 9 for the group perception check for the orcs and ogre, and an 8 for the wolves. She will quick draw her throwing knives and fling them Backstab style at the Orc Elite, PA2 and misses with an 8. Jobymme will move up and fire a lightning bolt at DW3, natural 1. The Orc Platoon is stunned so they can’t act this round. Geez, another kinda slow start for the party.

Status – ???? (fine, 1 hp), Extherene (fine, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 4 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (fine), Dire Wolf 2 (fine), Dire Wolf 3 (fine), Jaharri (fine, 2 hp), Ogre (fine, 1 hp), Arisema (fine, 3 hp), Orc Elite (fine, 1 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Jobymme (fine, -1 spell, 2 hp), Orc Platoon (-3 toughness, -2 morale, stunned)
Round 2: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. The catatonic orc minion was taken out by Dryzza, the Shadar-Kai Psion. At this point, she hasn’t met the party before, but hey, when has that ever stopped someone from joining up out of the blue? Now Dryzza will act. She was hiding in the woods not too far from Xelennia so she will dash up to aid Xelennia, and also...
As Xelennia cursed at herself for missing the orc, she heard a voice in her head that wasn’t hers. Hello, elf, I am Dryzza, Dryzza projected into the rogue’s mind. This band of orcs killed friends of mine and I am here to make them pay. The dead orc you found was the first. As it looks like as though you and your allies have a similar goal, and if so I would fight with you. What say you?.
Mind Reading check for Dryzza against Xelennia’s will. 24 to 16. She’s got a 2nd degree success so she can get personal thoughts, even.
Xelennia was briefly shocked, then thought back angrily, First, get out of my head. Second, yes, we have been hunting these orcs to make them pay for their killings. Third, witch, my name is Xelennia so call me “elf” again and we’ll have real words once this is over. What say you?

Oh, I know your name, Xelennia. And, surprisingly, how you feel about that Bard. So I will leave you with your…unsavory thoughts…elf. Dryzza thought back, sarcastically. Dryzza broke the connection and took a defensive stance not too far away from Xelennia. “Oh, I’m definitely killing her once the last orc falls…” Xelennia whispered to herself.
Extherene fired another Magic Missile at the orc platoon, again going PA2 and she hits with an adjusted 20. The platoon fails again with a 16 to take another Disrupted result, leading to another morale check, which they fail with an 8 so that gives them another Disrupted result. They’re at -5 to checks now. Beaver sticks with Defend and runs over by Jobymme. Dire Wolf 1 that came after him at first follows and attacks him again and gets a 23 on the attack. Beaver rolls to oppose and only gets a 13. He’ll use an HP to reroll and only gets a 14 to take the hit. He rolls at nat 3 on his DC21 TC, another HP to reroll gets him critical success to avoid damage! DW 2 goes after Jaharri and hits with a 15. Jaharri also rolls a 20 to avoid damage. DW 3 can see Jobymme and Beaver so he heads that way and will attack Jobymme, but misses with a 12. Jaharri will attack the wolf, going PA2 and misses. Grorr, the ogre, moves up on Jaharri as well, going AA2 and he misses with a 10.

Arisema moves in on the orc platoon to try and scatter them for good, she hits with a 21 but they get a 22 on the DC20 TC to avoid damage. She will use EE to attack again, going PA2, and misses with a 10. She’s now fatigued. The Orc Elite can see Dryzza so he’ll go after her, going PA2 as well and misses with a 12. Xelennia moves up to attack the Orc Elite since she gets backstab having Dryzza within 5 ft. of the orc, going PA2 and she hits with a 17. The orc makes the DC20 TC. Jobymme shifts and angles himself where he can get both dire wolves and part of the platoon with his Dragon Breath. I’ll say the platoon doesn’t have to make a check, they’ll take half damage regardless. DW 1 fails, DW 2 makes it. The platoon fails its TC again but on by 1. They pass the Morale check. DW 1 only gets a 9 against the DC20 TC for a 3rd degree failure. DW 2 only gets a 10 against it for a 2nd degree failure. The orc platoon attacks Arisema and hits with a 23. She bombs the DC24 TC, HP to reroll gets her a 22 for a 1st degree failure.

Status – Dryzza (fine, -1 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fine, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 2 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 2 (-1 toughness, dazed), Dire Wolf 3 (fine), Jaharri (fine, 2 hp), Ogre (fine, 1 hp), Arisema (-1 toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Orc Elite (fine, 1 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Jobymme (fine, -1 spell, 2 hp), Orc Platoon (-6 toughness)
Round 3: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Dryzza uses her Mental Blast on the Orc Elite, PA1. She hits with a 17, he bombs the Will check with a 7, HP to reroll and he crit saves. Extherene fires another barrage of magic missiles at the platoon and hits again with a 12. They only get a 6 against 19 for a 3rd degree failure. That requires another Morale and they get an adjusted -4 which is another 3rd degree failure so they are Destroyed. I hope I did that right…

Beaver will use his Inspiring song this round, using his Luck (Inspiration) rank (per my house rule) to give all his allies +2 to attack/+2 defenses until his next turn. Dire Wolf 1 will snap at him again, and gets a crit with a nat 19 on that bite. Beaver has to make a DC26 TC, he gets a 10, HP to reroll and he gets a 19 for a 2nd degree failure. Dire Wolf 2 will attack Jobymme. He goes PA2 and misses with a 12. Dire Wolf 3 goes after Jaharri. Even with the +2, the wolf hits with an 18. Jaharri gets a 17 on the DC21 check for a 1st degree failure. Jaharri will go PA3 against the wolf and hits with a 19. DW 3 gets an 11 against the DC 24 TC for a 3rd degree failure. Grorr also goes after Jaharri again, AA2 and he misses again with a 12. Arisema will dash (at half speed, still good enough) over to help even the odds with the dire wolf and the ogre. She goes after the Ogre, PA2 and hits with a 19. He has to make a DC22 TC and he only gets a 13. He’ll use his HP to reroll and he gets the 23 he needs to avoid damage. The orc elite swings his axe at Dryzza, AA2 and he misses with a 10. Xelennia will get her backstab again, PA2, and even with the +2 she barely hits with a 14. The orc however, only gets a 10 on his DC20 TC for a second degree failure. Jobymme rolls to see if he can use his Dragon Breath again next round, but he only gets a 4 so he can’t. He will go after DW 2 with hammer, PA2, and hits with a 16. DW 2 gets a 20 on the DC 23 check for a 1st degree failure.

Status – Dryzza (fine, -2 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fine, 2 hp), Beaver (-1 toughness, dazed, -1 spell, 1 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 2 (-2 toughness), Dire Wolf 3 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled), Jaharri (-1 toughness, 2 hp), Ogre (fine, 0 hp), Arisema (-1 toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Orc Elite (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Jobymme (fine, -1 spell, 2 hp), Orc Platoon (-7 toughness, Destroyed)
Round 4: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Dryzza moves back 10 ft and uses her Mental Blast again, PA2, and hits with a 16. The Orc Elite only gets an 11 against DC21 TC for another 2nd degree failure. She’ll use EE for another attack and uses her Mental Blast at PA 2 again and hits with a 19. The orc only gets a 3 on his check, he’s out. Dryzza is fatigued. Extherene now shifts her focus to the dire wolf and ogre on Jaharri. She decides to move up a bit and she uses the Bitter Lash on the Ogre, PA2 and hits with a 19. He has a make a DC18 Will check. Natural 1! He’s Paralyzed! She will use EE for another action to go after the DW the same way, but she misses with an 11. She’s now fatigued as well. Beaver will switch over to his to his rapier, and he Defensive Attacks for 2 but misses with a 9. His Inspire is up as well. Dire Wolf 1 snaps at him again, but misses with a 18. Good thing he had the +2 on his defense. DW 2 goes after Jobymme, AA2, and hits. Jobymme gets a 19 against DC21 for a 1st degree failure. DW3 snaps at Jaharri and even at -5 he hits with a 16. Jaharri gets a 19 against the DC21 TC for another 1st degree failure. He will attack DW 3, going PA2 but misses. Grorr can’t move, so he’s skipped. Arisema shifts her attention over to the dire wolf, going PA1 with her sword and she gets a natural 19 for a crit. DW gets a 19 against the DC26 TC for a 2nd degree failure. Xelennia moves up on DW2, and again she’ll get her backstab since Jobymme is in melee range and she hits with an 18, but the wolf gets a 23 on it’s TC to avoid damage. Jobymme swings at DW 2 with his hammer, PA2 and misses with a 13.

Status – Dryzza (fatigued, -4 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fatigued, -1 spell, 2 hp), Beaver (-1 toughness, -1 spells, 1 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 2 (-2 toughness), Dire Wolf 3 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled), Jaharri (-2 toughness, 2 hp), Ogre (Paralyzed, 0 hp), Arisema (-1 toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Orc Elite (-3 toughness, incapacitated, 0 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Jobymme (-1 toughness, -1 spell, 2 hp), Orc Platoon (-7 toughness, Destroyed)
Round 5: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Dryzza teleports over to DW1 and swings her sword at it, PA2, and hits with a 21. But it gets a 24 on its TC to avoid damage. Extherene fires a Magic Missile at DW3 but it misses with an 11. Beaver goes DA2 but misses with a 10. DW 1 goes after Dryzza this time but it misses with a 15. DW 2 goes after Jobymme, going AA2 and it hits with a 15. He only gets a 6 on his DC21 TC, HP to reroll gets him a 23 to avoid damage. DW attacks Jaharri and wow, natural 20 for a crit! Jaharri gets a 20 on the DC26 TC for a 2nd degree failure. Jaharri swings back, AA2 and misses with a 9. Ogre’s still Paralyzed so Arisema goes for an Aid action and she does get the 10 she needs. Man, this battle is turning…

Xelennia again tries to backstab DW2, PA2, and she hits with a 15. Just can’t high enough to take advantage of the Multiattack of the crit range. Finally a bad roll for the wolves, DW 2 only gets an 8 against DC20 for a 3rd degree failure. She’ll use EE for another attack, PA2, and this time she gets a 21 a 2nd degree success for +2. With the PA2, the DC is 22 and the wolf gets a 12 for 2nd degree failure, just 1 away from another 3rd and dropping. Xelennia is fatigued. Jobymme will use this round to Recover to get a Toughness penalty back.

Status – Dryzza (fatigued, -4 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fatigued, -2 spell, 2 hp), Beaver (-1 toughness, -1 spells, 1 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 2 (-3 toughness, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 3 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled), Jaharri (-3 toughness, dazed, 2 hp), Ogre (Paralyzed, 0 hp), Arisema (-1 toughness, fatigued, 2 hp), Orc Elite (-3 toughness, incapacitated, 0 hp), Xelennia (fatigued, 3 hp), Jobymme (-2 toughness, -1 spell, 1 hp), Orc Platoon (-7 toughness, Destroyed)
Round 6: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Dryzza goes PA2 against DW 1 but misses with a 14. Extherene goes PA2 with another Bitter Lash, misses with a 7, HP reroll and she gets a 17. DW 3 gets a 5 on his Will check and he’s Paralyzed. Beaver goes DA1 and misses DW1 again with an 8. Man, after the initial roll, he’s fallen apart.

DW 1 uses the round to Recover, removing the Disabled condition. DW 2 goes after Xelennia this time, and misses with an 8. DW 3 is paralyzed as is the Ogre. Jaharri uses the round to Recover. Arisema uses an HP to shake off the fatigue so she can get over to DW 1 and she goes AA1 and hits with a 22. He gets the 21 he needs to avoid damage. Xelennia goes for another backstab against DW 2, PA2 and hits with a 16. It gets a 9 against DC20 for another 3rd degree failure and it’s down. Jobymme goes PA2 against DW 1 and he hits with a 20. It gets a 15 against the DC23 TC for a 2nd degree failure.

Status – Dryzza (fatigued, -4 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fatigued, -3 spells, 1 hp), Beaver (-1 toughness, -1 spells, 1 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled), Dire Wolf 2 (-4 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, dying), Dire Wolf 3 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled, paralyzed), Jaharri (-2 toughness, 2 hp), Ogre (Paralyzed, 0 hp), Arisema (-1 toughness, fatigued, 1 hp), Orc Elite (-3 toughness, incapacitated, 0 hp), Xelennia (fatigued, 3 hp), Jobymme (-2 toughness, -1 spell, 1 hp), Orc Platoon (-7 toughness, Destroyed)
Round 7: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Dryzza is going to try and finish DW1, she goes PA2 and hits with a 21. DW 1 gets a 21 against the DC22 TC for another 1st degree failure. Extherene holds for a team attack on the ogre. Beaver stabs at DW 1 with his rapier, PA2 and hits with a 20. DW1 only gets a 7 against the DC20 TC for another 3rd degree failure and it’s down. So Jaharri will also hold for a team attack, Grorr the ogre is still paralyzed and cannot do anything, Arisema double moves to get into position for a team attack as well as relaying instructions to the team for a team Finishing Attack on the ogre first and then the wolf. Xelennia and Jobymme hold and move into position as well,
Round 8: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. Let’s see if I can do this right for a Team/Finishing Attack. Dryzza hits with a 14 against the base defense of 10 for one degree of success, Extherene misses. Beaver gets a 20 which adds another degree. Jaharri misses. Arisema hits with a 22 for 3 more degrees. Xelennia will Backstab with her Twin Daggers for a Finishing Attack and she gets a 21 which kicks in +5 for a total of 8 ranks of damage. Jobymme hits with a 21 to add 3 more degrees. So Xelennia has the high effect at 8 ranks, +5 for team attack, +5 for a crit for the Finishing Attack. So the ogre has to make a DC33 toughness check. Pretty wicked. He gets a 20 for a 3rd degree failure. I’m going to say the trauma from the severe damage snaps him out of the spell and he can attack. Instead of a club, Grorr is wielding an extremely nice greatsord and he swings at Xelennia since she landed the blow that hurt him, but he misses.
Round 9: Initiative: Dryzza, Extherene, Beaver, Dire Wolves, Jaharri, Ogre, Arisema, Orc Elite, Xelennia, Jobymme, Orc Platoon. The fight is back on. Dryzza uses goes PA2 with her sword and she hits with a 19. Grorr gets a 19 for a 1st degree failure against DC22. Extherene goes PA2 with a Magic Missile and hits with a 21. That’s the DC for Grorr’s TC, and he gets a 23 to avoid damage. Beaver will go for an Aid action and of course I roll a 20 to waste that. At least it gives Jaharri +5 and Jaharri will go PA3 to take advantage of it. He rolls a natural 18 for a crit, making the DC29. Grorr only gets a 12 for a 4th degree failure and he’s done.

Arisema decides to spare the dire wolf, at least for the moment, and the rest of the group reluctantly agrees.
Round 10 +: The group takes the next few rounds to each take a Recover action, search the camp and finish off any fallen Orcs that lingered on. The party finds enough gold, gems, and etc. from Grorr’s raids in the cave to each gain 100 gp, including a split for Baruun, Pon-Bak and Trixi. Jobymme says he's giving the sword to Baruun as a reward for volunteering to escort the caravan instead of joining the battle and he gets no resistance. After clearing the area, the party leaves the paralyzed dire wolf, hoping that when the spell wears off, it dines on its fallen former masters, and heads back to meet the rest of their allies in Derrax.

Final Status – Dryzza (fatigued, -4 psionic ability, 1 hp), Extherene (fatigued, -3 spells, 1 hp), Beaver (-1 spells, 1 hp), Dire Wolf 1 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled, incapacitated), Dire Wolf 2 (-4 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, dying), Dire Wolf 3 (-2 toughness, dazed, staggered, disabled, paralyzed), Jaharri (-1 toughness, 2 hp), Ogre (-3 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, 0 hp), Arisema (fatigued, 1 hp), Orc Elite (-3 toughness, incapacitated, 0 hp), Xelennia (fatigued, 3 hp), Jobymme (-1 toughness, -1 spell, 1 hp), Orc Platoon (-7 toughness, Destroyed)
Comments: Still working on balancing the challenges, but that was pretty decent until Extherene hit with those Bitter Lashes that completely turned the tide. But that’s often how battles go. The party each gets 3 power points, an HP and the aforementioned 100 gp which will factor into some of their Wealth ranks. I'm not going to be as generous with the PP from now on, but I wanted to get them off to a quick start before I slow things down once they hit PL6.

Grorr's greatsword is magical so I'll have to make some adjustments to Baruun, who will go up a PL offensively. I’ll adjust all their sheets prior to the next adventures. I’m going to get the other PCs involved soon, either in the next adventure or in a new adventure so all my current PCs will have seen some action.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
scc

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Fantasy PCs, Adventures

Post by scc »

Cool stuff! I enjoy reading these play tests.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

scc wrote:Cool stuff! I enjoy reading these play tests.
Thanks, scc. I'm glad to see someone else likes my self-indulgent rambling. :)

This all reposts from what I've done so far in "canon". I'm working on the next test, which is why the builds have slowed down at the main J-Mart. But hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to post some things here and there.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I uh kind of borrowed you elite Drow warrior as the foundation for a merge character. I always have found your builds user friendly and the images you use really are awesome. Mostly though your formatting really works for me. Needed to say thanks.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

StarGuard wrote:I uh kind of borrowed you elite Drow warrior as the foundation for a merge character. I always have found your builds user friendly and the images you use really are awesome. Mostly though your formatting really works for me. Needed to say thanks.
Excellent. I always like to see my builds being put to good use. I rarely do that myself so I'm glad someone actually is. 8-)
Thorpocalypse

18 - Goblins

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're starting to add new items to our Gloriant setting and we're starting with some of the common races in the world.

GOBLINS
PL3

OPL: 3; DPL: 3; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (-1/-3), Intimidation (-1), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+3), Stealth (+2/+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Goblin Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shifty: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt
Goblinoid Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Crappy Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Crappy Wooden Shield: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry; 2 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Short Sword: Slashing Dexterity or Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts
Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed -1; Short Sword +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +3 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 (+4 with Shield) [DC13/14] Parry +3 (+4 with Shield) [DC13/14]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +1, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Goblins are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.

Abilities 2 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 11 + Defenses 2 = 27 / 27

Build Comments: Good old Goblins. Some of my favorite fodder. In Gloriant, they are numerous, quite possibly the most populous humanoid race in the known world, but due to their size and cowardice, they continue to be pushed around by the other races. Although, much like the rumors about an orc leader rising up, there are rumblings of a new Goblin King that looks to unify them.

Some higher level ones are below these Mass Combat stats:
GOBLIN MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 3, DAMAGE 1, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 1, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE -5
GOBLINS
PL5

OPL: 5; DPL: 5; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (-1/-3), Intimidation (-1), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 3 (+5), Stealth 1 (+3/+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Goblin Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shifty: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Crappy Wooden Shield: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry; 2 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Short Sword: Slashing Dexterity or Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 4 pts
Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed -1; Short Sword +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +3 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+7 with Shield) [DC16/17] Parry +6 (+7 with Shield) [DC16/17]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Goblins are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.

Abilities 10 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 11 + Defenses 8 = 43 / 43
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

19, 20, 21 - Hobgoblins

Post by Thorpocalypse »

A companion to piece our last item is being added to our Races Aisle.

HOBGOBLINS (STANDARD)
PL4

OPL: 4; DPL: 4; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception (-1), Expertise [Military] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+3), Perception 1 (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+4), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Studded Leather Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Medium Shield: +2 Dodge, +2 Parry; 4 pts
Arsenal: (7 pts)
Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 1 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1; Longsword +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +4 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14] Parry +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +3, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Hobgoblins are motivated by combat and their desire to conquer the continent.

Abilities 18 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 1 + Defenses 2 = 34 / 34

Comments: Hobgoblins used to seem superfluous to me, but I like their new incarnation as bigger, more organized militaristic goblins. Some people see them as orc strong, if not stronger, but I like them a little weaker, but more agile and better in combat. That’s how they are in Gloriant, but they still find themselves now having their lands being taken by orcs.

I have the standard Hobs, Elite and a Warlord for a little variance along with higher level versions of each.
HOBGOBLINS (ELITE)
PL5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (+0), Expertise [Military] 6 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin)

POWERS:
Goblinoid Senses: Senses 1 (Low Light Vision); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +5 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 (+5 with Shield) [DC13/15] Parry +3 (+5 with Shield) [DC13/15]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +4, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Hobgoblins are motivated by combat and their desire to conquer the continent.

Abilities 30 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 1 + Defenses 3 = 49 / 49
HOBGOBLINS (WARLORD)
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 3 (+6), Stealth 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (4), Improved Imitative (1), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Leadership, Takedown (1)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Chain Mail: Protection 3; 3 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +3; Longsword +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +6 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+6 with Shield) [DC14/16] Parry +4 (+6 with Shield) [DC14/16]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 42 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 1 + Defenses 5 = 71 / 71
HOBGOBLINS (STANDARD)
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (-1), Expertise [Military] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+4), Perception 3 (+4), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+6), Stealth (+2)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +6 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 (+7 with Shield) [DC15/17] Parry +5 (+7 with Shield) [DC15/17]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 26 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 1 + Defenses 7 = 50 / 50
HOBGOBLINS (ELITE)
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Deception (+0), Expertise [Military] 6 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +7 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 (+8 with Shield) [DC16/18] Parry +6 (+8 with Shield) [DC16/18]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 38 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 1 + Defenses 7 = 65 / 65

Comments: The higher level Hobgoblins. Some of them can be leaders of smaller groups or the heavy hitters of a group led by a warlord below.
HOBGOBLINS (WARLORD)
PL8

OPL: 8; DPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Military] 7 (+8), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 6 (+9), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (4), Improved Imitative (1), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Leadership, Takedown (1)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3; Longsword +6, Critical 19-20; Dagger +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +9 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+9 with Shield) [DC17/19] Parry +7 (+9 with Shield) [DC17/19]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 52 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 1 + Defenses 7 = 85 / 85

Comments: The leaders of bands of hobgoblins are bad asses. A full PL6 with leadership abilities and strong tactical knowledge. A tough out for a low level party.
Mass Combat for the Hobs:
HOBGOBLIN MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 3, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 3, MORALE 2
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

22, 23 - Bugbear, Bugbear Warchief

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another member of the goblin family tree is coming to the Races Aisle!

BUGBEARS
PL5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+6), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+3), Intimidation 7 (+6), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Improved Grab, Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: English), Power Attack (2) (Morningstar, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Bugbear Nose: Senses 2 (Scent [Ranged, Acute]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Raggedy Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Morningstar: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Extra: Reach [5 ft.]; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +3; Morningstar +6]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +1 (+3 with Shield) [DC11/13] Parry +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 16 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 3 + Defenses 2 = 37 / 37

Build Comments: Gotta love Bugbears. Big, dumb, feral brutes that usually boss a bunch of goblins around and take all the spoils. Reminds me of management at my work…
BUGBEAR WARCHIEF
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+5), Intimidation 8 (+9) [Startle], Insight (+1), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (2), Improved Grab, Improved Smash, Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: English), Power Attack (2) (Morningstar, Unarmed), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Bugbear Nose: Senses 2 (Scent [Ranged, Acute]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Morningstar: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Extra: Reach [5 ft.]; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +4; Morningstar +7]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14] Parry +4 (+6 with Shield) [DC14/16]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 38 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 3 + Defenses 4 = 69 / 69

Comments: This is a Bugbear Warchief, who would land a band of Bugbears. They're pretty tough for lower level parties but can usually be outsmarted if they are intelligent for Bugbears.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

24, 25 - Orcs

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another key race of Gloriant joins the setting.

ORC (RIPPER)
PL4

OPL: 4; DPL: 4; HP 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+6), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+3), Insight (-1), Intimidation 7 (+5), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 1(+2), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (2), Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Goblin, some speak Common, Base: Orc), Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Orc Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Crappy Hide Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Battleaxe: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Breaking, Dangerous; 5 pts
Arsenal: (4 pts)
Javelin: Ranged Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1; 2 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3; Battleaxe +6, Critical 19-20; Knife +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2 [Javelin +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Orc have been seen as foul creatures for ages, and that's being nice.
Temper: Orcs are generally foul-tempered, which makes it difficult for them to remain organized as well as causing them to make rash, and often inadvisable, decisions.
Vulnerable: Orcs prefer the dark. They are vulnerable to light based effects and should be considered impaired when operating in bright light for extended periods.

Abilities 8 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 3 + Defenses 7 = 32 / 32

Build Comments: Gotta have Orcs in a fantasy setting. You just gotta. In the Gloriant setting, Orcs, while still foul, temperamental and selfish, seem to be generating rumors of them getting better organized as a species again after years of small clans fending for themselves after the end of the Second Great War. King Daellion has sent some of his X Knights out to investigate, but none of them have been able to confirm those rumors.
ORC (ELITE)
PL6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+7), Expertise [Military] 5 (+4), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+7), Perception 3 (+3), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+4), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – Field Leaders of Orc Packs), Close Attack (1), Equipment (3), Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Goblin, some speak Common, Base: Orc), Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Orc Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Crappy Chain Mail Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Arsenal: (3 pts)
Javelin: Ranged Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1; 2 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +4; Battleaxe +7, Critical 19-20; Knife +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4 [Javelin +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +7, Fortitude +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Orc have been seen as foul creatures for ages, and that's being nice.
Temper: Orcs are generally foul-tempered, which makes it difficult for them to remain organized as well as causing them to make rash, and often inadvisable, decisions.
Vulnerable: Orcs prefer the dark. They are vulnerable to light based effects and should be considered impaired when operating in bright light for extended periods.

Abilities 26 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 3 + Defenses 6 = 57 / 57

Build Comments: Elite Orcs are usually leaders of bands of Orcs or well paid enforcers for villainous characters.
And some Mass Combat for them:
ORC MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 19, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 2, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 1, MORALE 0
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

26, 27, 28, 29 - Kobolds

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The most frightening creatures in the multiverse...

KOBOLD (SCRAPPER)
PL3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-2), Deception (-1), Expertise [Traps] 6 (+5), Insight (-1), Intimidation (-1/-3), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2/+6)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Close Attack (1), Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Draconic, a handful speak Common, Base: Kobold), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Kobold Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1 [1 mph/15 fpr], -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Reptilian Senses: Senses 4 (Infravision, Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 4 pts
Skittery: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph; 30 fpr); 1 pt
Tunnel Dwellers: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underground/Tunnels]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Small Shield: +1 Dodge, +1 Parry; 2 pts
Shortspear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Net: Ranged Affliction 3 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Impeded, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [5/10/25], Limited to two degrees); 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed -2; Spear +0; Knife -1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2 [Net Affliction +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15] Parry +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Kobolds are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.
Dragon Kin (Kinda…): Kobolds believe they are distant cousins of dragons (which most dragons dispute) and are drawn to serve and even worship them.
Weakness: Being cold-blooded creatures, they do not deal well with cold temperatures and take an extra degree of failure against cold based effects.

Abilities 2 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 16 + Defenses 4 = 33 / 33

Build Comments: Kobolds are some of my favorite fantasy creatures, and also my most dreaded. Yippy little cowards, they are fun to take out in droves, but geez, they have also given me and my friends an inordinate amount of trouble! Years ago, my old group switched to 4E and started a base 1st level adventure. And we GOT OUR ASSES KIIIIIIIIIIIICKED by some Kobolds. I mean, we almost had to retreat. Then we immediately went and destroyed a young white dragon, only taking 1 hit between the four of us. It was hysterical. It’s been a running joke ever since of “Throw Orcus or 10 Balors at us, but for God’s sake, no Kobolds!”

Then recently in 5E with my current FTF group, we ran into some kobolds when we were 1st level. I was running twins, Jobrek and Zobrek, a paladin and a rogue, respectively, to give myself a little challenge with playing brothers with vastly different mindsets. I told the others we should avoid them because the party would be down two members because kobolds are my Kryptonite. They just laughed when I told them the above story and we went ahead. I sent Zobrek ahead to scout and sure enough, I blew the stealth check, he got spotted, I blew the initiatve check, took 3 ranged spear shots and like *snap* that, he was down. It was epic. Fear them, I tell you, fear the kobolds!!!

In my setting, Kobolds are...Kobolds. Fast breeders, feel they are part of the Dragon lineage (even though the few remaining Alduvian Dragons completely dispute that) and are a pain numbers, but really not much of a threat but to the lowest level of heroes. I hope...

Kobold Slingers are nasty little dudes to deal with because of their Special Shot. You can become Impaired, get burned, or get stuck, all of which can cause major problems for low level characters if they blow the check because of the numbers at which Kobolds usually attack with.
KOBOLD (SLINGER)
PL3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-2), Deception (-1), Expertise [Traps] 6 (+5), Insight (-1), Intimidation (-1/-3), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2/+6)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Draconic, a handful speak Common, Base: Kobold), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (1)

POWERS:
Kobold Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1 [1 mph/15 fpr], -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Skittery: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph; 30 fpr); 1 pt
Tunnel Dwellers: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underground/Tunnels]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Sling: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]; 3 pts
Pick one of the following as main Special Shot:
Gluepot: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 3 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Impeded, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extra: Contagious, Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited degree, Unreliable [3 uses]); 8 pts
OR
Firepot: Ranged Fire Damage 3 (Extra: Secondary Effect [Fire Damage 2], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Unreliable [3 uses]); 5 pts
OR
Stinkpot: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 3 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, Extra: Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to one degree); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed -2; Knife -1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3 [Sling +3; Gluepot Affliction +3 OR Firepot +3 OR Stinkpot Affliction +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15] Parry +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15]

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Kobolds are cowardly creatures, likely to flee quickly if the tide of the battle turns against them.
Dragon Kin (Kinda…): Kobolds believe they are distant cousins of dragons (which most dragons dispute) and are drawn to serve and even worship them.
Weakness: Being cold-blooded creatures, they do not deal well with cold temperatures and take an extra degree of failure against cold based effects.

Abilities 2 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 16 + Defenses 5 = 34 / 34
KOBOLD (WINGED)
PL3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-2), Deception (-1), Expertise [Traps] 6 (+5), Insight (+0), Intimidation (-1/-3), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+2/+6), Throwing 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Favored Environment (Airborne), Languages (1) (Draconic, a handful speak Common, Base: Kobold), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Skittery: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt
Winged: Flight 2 (8 [4] mph/120 fpr [60] fpr; Flaw: Wings), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Favored Environment [Airborne]); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Shortspear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
Dropped Rock: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying); 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed -2; Spear +0; Knife -1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing +3 [Dropped Rock +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +3 [DC13]

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 0 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 19 + Defenses 4 = 35 / 35

Comments: Introduced in D&D 5E, the winged Kobolds are kinda fun. They still suck overall, but they can fly, which is always cool.
KOBOLD (DRAGON PRIEST)
PL5

OPL: 5; DPL: 4; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (-2), Deception (+1), Expertise [Draconic Lore] 5 (+6), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+7), Expertise [Traps] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1/-1), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Magic] 1 (+4), Stealth (+2/+6), Treatment 1 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Close Attack (2), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (2) (Arcane, Draconic, Common, Sylvan, 1 other, Base: Kobold), Leadership, Luck (Inspiration) (2), Move-by Action, Ritualist, Seize Initiative

POWERS:
Skittery: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt
Magic Array: 12 pt Array, Quirk: Mana Limits (10 uses of array per day, DC12 Will check to cast more); 15 pts
Storm Dragon Breath: Cone Area Lightning Damage 4 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 12 pts
Gale Force Wind: Cone Area Move Object 4 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Damaging, Flaw: Limited to one direction [away]); 1 pt
Dragonic Visage: Perception Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled [to flee]; Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-Dependent [Visual]); 1 pt
Lightning Bolt: Ranged Lightning Damage 6; 1 pt
Claws of the Dragon: Slashing Multiattack Damage 4 (Extra: Dangerous 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Hide Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Quarterstaff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2; 2 pts
Amulet of Protection: Protection 1, Impervious 1; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4 (Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed -2; Staff +0; Knife -1, Critical 19-20; Claws of the Dragon +2, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Magic +4 [Lightning Bolt +6]
Special Attacks [Storm Dragon Breath +4, Cone Area; Gale Force Wind Move Object +4, Cone Area;

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 18 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 31 + Defenses 10 = 86 / 86
Comments: In my setting, most Kobold clans are led by a Dragon Priest of varying power. This is a lower level one, but still powerful enough to greatly enhance the chances of a band of Kobolds eeking out a win.
KOBOLDS MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 4, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 2, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 2, DAMAGE 1, DEFENSE 2, TOUGHNESS 0, INITIATIVE 2, MORALE -5
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

30, 31, 32 - Gnolls

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item is getting added to our Races Aisle.

GNOLL
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (+0), Intimidation 5 (+4/+5), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+3), Stealth 1 (+3/+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll)

POWERS:
Gnoll Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Gnoll Senses: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Extended]); 2 pts
Scavengers: Feature 1 (Iron Stomach); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Crappy Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pts
OR
Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +3; Battle Axe +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +3 [Shortbow +2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +1 (+3 with Shield) [DC11/13] Parry +1 (+3 with Shield) [DC11/13]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 10 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 8 + Defenses 2 = 32 / 32

Comments: I’ve liked Gnolls as low level humanoid challengers for players. Something about hyena-men is just kinda cool.
GNOLL CLAW FIGHTERS
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Insight (+0), Intimidation 5 (+4/+5), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 1 (+3/+2)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll)

POWERS:
Gnoll Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Crappy Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2, Spilt; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Claws +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 14 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 8 + Defenses 3 = 34 / 34
GNOLL PACKLORD
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT -1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat [Bite] 2 (+7), Deception (+0), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+6/+7), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5/+4)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Equipment (5), Improved Smash, Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll), Takedown (1)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Thick Hide Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Glaive: Piercing Strength-based Damage 4, Dangerous, Reach [5 ft]; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +3; Glaive +7, Critical; Dagger +4, Critical 19-20]
Bite +7 [Bite +4]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +6 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 (+5 with Shield) [DC13/15] Parry +3 (+5 with Shield) [DC13/15]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 24 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 9 + Defenses 4 = 63 / 63
GNOLL FANG OF YEENOGHU
PL8

OPL: 8; DPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat [Bite/Claws] 2 (+10), Deception (+1), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+7), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+7/+9), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-1), Stealth 2 (+6/+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Equipment (5), Improved Smash, Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll), Power Attack (2) (Claws/Bite, Flail), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Fiend Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Unholy Creature: Feature 1 (All attacks have Unholy descriptor); 1 pts
Demonic Toughness: Impervious Toughness 3, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 5 pts
Demonic Immunities: Immunity 20 (Aging, Sleep, Poison, Starvation and Thirst, Disease [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Acid Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Electricity Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Heat/Fire Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 15 pts
Claw/Bite: Multiattack Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Great Flail: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 4, Dangerous, Disarming, Reach [5 ft]; 7 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +4; Great Flail +8, Critical 19-20]
Bite +10 [Bite +6, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +9 (+9 without Defensive Roll, +2 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 44 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 42 + Defenses 10 = 122 / 122
GNOLL (WITHERLING)
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -4

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Close Combat [Bite] 1 (+4), Deception (-4), Insight (-1), Intimidation (-4), Perception 1 (+0), Persuasion (-4), Stealth (-1/-2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Equipment (1), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Undead Body: Protection 4; 4 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Bone Club: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +3; Bone Club +5, Critical 19-20]
Bite +4 [Bite +4]
Ranged Attack -1

DEFENSES:
Dodge -1 [DC9] Parry +1 [DC11]
Toughness +4 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will -1

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 10 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 9 + Defenses 4 = 40 / 40
GNOLL
PL5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+6), Close Combat [Bite] 1 (+5), Deception (-1), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+4), Insight (+0), Intimidation 5 (+4/+5), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+3), Stealth 1 (+3/+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Equipment (4), Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Gnoll), Takedown (1)

POWERS:

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Spear: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +3; Spear +6, Critical 19-20]
Bite +5 [Bite +4]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +4 [Longbow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14] Parry +2 (+4 with Shield) [DC12/14]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 10 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 9 + Defenses 4 = 40 / 40
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:51 am, edited 10 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Ogre

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another addition to our Races Aisle.

OGRES
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+6), Deception (-2), Insight (-1), Intimidation 8 (+6/+8), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+3), Stealth (-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (1), Improved Smash, Power Attack

POWERS:
Ogre Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Ogre Toughness: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Iron Stomach), Immunity 1 (Poisons, Flaw: Half Effect); 4 pts
Ogre Senses: Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Ranged]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Greatclub: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +5; Club +8]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +1

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Ogres well known for being stupid, cannibalistic lugs.

Abilities 6 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 17 + Defenses 9 = 43 / 43

Comments: Ah, Ogres. Big, dumb brutes that are a staple of fantasy gaming. I will eventually get around to some other versions, including the Ogre Magi, which I am reserving a spot for next.
OGRES
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS -1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+9), Deception (-2), Insight (-1), Intimidation 8 (+6/+8), Perception 2 (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 5 (+5), Stealth (-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Equipment (1), Improved Smash, Power Attack (2) (Club, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Ogre Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Ogre Toughness: Protection 4, Feature 1 (Iron Stomach), Immunity 1 (Poisons, Flaw: Half Effect); 6 pts
Ogre Senses: Senses 4 (Low Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Ranged]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Greatclub: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 4, Reach (5 ft); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +6; Club +10]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +11 (+11 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Ogres well known for being stupid, cannibalistic lugs.

Abilities 14 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 19 + Defenses 11 = 58 / 58
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Ogre Magi (coming eventually)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

OGRE MAGI:

Comments: Coming soon. I think...
Thorpocalypse

34 - Wolf

Post by Thorpocalypse »

A J-Mart Favorite Item kicks off our additions to our Bestiary Aisle.

Let's keep them around, shall we?

WOLF (STANDARD)
PL3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception (-2), Insight (+2), Intimidation (-2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Improved Critical (1) (Bite), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Sweeping Strike*, Teamwork

POWERS:
Fur: Immunity 1 (Cold); 1 pts
Canine Movement: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 2 pts
Canine Senses: Senses 7 (Low-light vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultrahearing, Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +2; Bite +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Wolves cannot speak nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Relationships: Wolves are known by a strict pecking order in the pack, with the Alphas getting first choice in any matter, and Omegas at the bottom.

Abilities 10 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 11 + Defenses 5 = 37 / 37

Comments: Your common Gray Wolf type for a fantasy, or modern gaming setting.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

35 - Wolf (Dire)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More canines are getting added to our Bestiary Aisle.

Winter is coming...

DIRE WOLF
PL6

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+7), Deception (-2), Insight (+2), Intimidation (-2/+0), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 3 (+5/+1)

ADVANTAGES: Chokehold, Improved Critical (1) (Bite), Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Sweeping Strike*, Teamwork

POWERS:
Dire Wolf Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 1, Immunity 1 (Cold); 3 pts
Canine Movement: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 3 pts
Canine Senses: Senses 7 (Low-light vision, Normal Hearing [Extended], Ultrahearing, Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended, Tracking]); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +5; Bite +6, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dire Wolves cannot speak nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.
Relationships: Wolves are known by a strict pecking order in the pack, with the Alphas getting first choice in any matter, and Omegas at the bottom.

Abilities 10 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 22 + Defenses 10 = 52 / 52

Comments: The bigger, meaner version of wolves, Dire Wolves are horse sized pack hunters that are no fun at all for lower level characters to deal with.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.