J-Mart Fantasy: Closed for remodeling

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Ogres, Canines, Umber Hulk, Spiders, Ishkanah

Post by catsi563 »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 am
catsi563 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:00 pm Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Just Nope!! :shock:
I see you feel about spiders is the way I feel about rats. We ran into a rat swarm tonight in my D&D game and ended up hitting two of the party with a Thunderwave just to take them out because my character, like I, HATES RODENTS. The guys weren't happy with me. But at least they got some payback when my character got charmed and I had to fight the party so they took a couple of extra shots to "incapacitate" me during the short battle. ;)
Actually aside form the joke part of it I don't really mind spiders all that much.

its when they start getting bigger thena freaking german sheppard that I hit my breaking point. Add in that I lost at least 5 characters that I can recall to giant spiders in original and AD&D where the 8 legged bastards were deadlier then any kobold could ever dream of being.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Ogres, Canines, Umber Hulk, Spiders, Ishkanah

Post by L-Space »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:29 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 am I see you feel about spiders is the way I feel about rats. We ran into a rat swarm tonight in my D&D game and ended up hitting two of the party with a Thunderwave just to take them out because my character, like I, HATES RODENTS. The guys weren't happy with me. But at least they got some payback when my character got charmed and I had to fight the party so they took a couple of extra shots to "incapacitate" me during the short battle. ;)
Actually aside form the joke part of it I don't really mind spiders all that much.

its when they start getting bigger thena freaking german sheppard that I hit my breaking point. Add in that I lost at least 5 characters that I can recall to giant spiders in original and AD&D where the 8 legged bastards were deadlier then any kobold could ever dream of being.
A campaign I ran ended when all but one part member was killed by giant rats. The worst part is that the giant rats were mostly there for flavor, the party wasn't supposed to try and kill them...
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

To the Spider Queen's Lair

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Playtest/Story – The Septadecima Adventures – Part 1: To the Spider Queen’s Lair

Maneuver Legend: AA – All Out Attack, ACA – Accurate Attack, DA – Defensive Attack, PA – Power Attack, RA – Routine Attack, SA – Standard Attack], TC - Toughness Check, WC – Will Check, FC – Fortitude Check

Intro: I think I’m getting the hang of the fantasy aspect of MnM but as always, I feel like there’s more tweaks to be made to get things where I want them. But I’m getting there. I’d like to get all my PCs involved soon, so I may do a couple of ridiculously large battles just to get them all tested, then break them out for separate adventures. I’m doing an old-fashioned Hex Crawl in my D&D group and I am loving the free world aspect, so I’m going to work in some of that with some more linear adventures.

The group will be known overall as the Septadecima, after the hexadecimal notation for seventeen since there are going to be 17 PCs that I will be using at one point or another in my adventures, at least for now. You all know I have issues with making more characters all the time…

The reason I decided to go to 17 was for several reasons, but mainly because 217 is my favorite/lucky number (long, stupid story ;) ) and of course, we’re in the year 2017, which I sure hope is a helluva of a lot better than 2016. Hasn't started out that way, but hope springs eternal. Anyway, as noted previously, the main group will remain Arisema, Baruun, Jobymme, Extherene, Xelennia, and Beaver but I’ll mix and match the others in with them if I don’t take them out on their own. We’ll just see what happens, but for now, let’s proceed.

--

A day or so after defeating the Ogre’s band of orcs, Arisema and the party met up with the rest of their allies in Derrax. After assisting the remaining members of the caravan get straightened away, the party settled in at the best inn and tavern in town, the Fat Cat Inn, where Baruun, Trixi and Pon-Bak had arranged lodging for all of them.

They all decided to take a few days to rest up and deal with other personal matters while Baruun and Jobymme trailed to locate Varduk, a minotaur sorcerer that they had adventured with a few times. In doing so, much to their disappointment, they found out that he had left the day before they arrived to go on an adventure with another group. While the others decided to take some more time to rest and train, Jaharri wanted to move on to the northwest to meet up with another of his former tribe that he had heard was in Aenor’s Glen, about 5 days travel from where they were. Trixi and Pon-Bak decided to accompany him so on the morning of the third day, the bid their farewells to rest of the adventurers and headed off on their journey.

After an uneventful couple of days in Derrax, an officer from the local constabulary came bursting into the Fat Cat looking for the adventurers. Arisema, Jobymme, Xelennia and Extherene were in the tavern at the time and the barmaid directed him to the adventurers. He asked them to follow him post haste as there was a situation that required their assistance. The four of them obliged and followed him to the constable’s office where they saw a large wolf sitting outside the entrance. Extherene also noticed one of the biggest hawks she’d ever seen circling overhead as well. The bailiff very cautiously led them past the wolf into the building where they saw a young human woman lying on a makeshift cot outside of the cells. She wore green traveler’s clothes and leather armor that were blood stained and damaged in several places. An older woman, whom they assumed was a local healer, tended to the many wounds of the younger woman. It was obvious that she had been in a recent battle that didn’t appear to have gone in her favor. She was barely conscious and it didn’t seem like the healer’s salves were having much effect.

The bailiff told them she stumbled in a few minutes ago, leaning on the wolf for support and with the hawk flying above them. Before she collapsed, they said she was mumbling something about finding Varduk’s friends and having allies in danger. Since he had seen Jobymme and Baruun inquiring about this Varduk earlier, he figured they were ones she was looking for. He said that she was a ranger that lived in the area with her sister, who was a druid. He didn’t know any more than that since they rarely came into town and kept to themselves.

Jobymme eased the healer out of the way and called on Thjor for the power to heal the ailing woman. As he did, the bruises on her face began to fade away and she started to become more coherent and tried to stand. “Easy, girl,” Jobymme said in his most comforting baritone, as he eased her back down. “You will be all right soon. But you must rest.”

She laid back and began to speak. “Y-y-y-you…y-y-y-you are the d-d-dragonborn…” she stuttered in a raspy voice. “Y-y-y-you…you are…are…are…here….Varduk s-s-s-s-aid you would b-b-b-be…h-h-here…”

“Yes, girl. I am a friend of Varduk,” Jobymme replied. “We can talk about him after you’ve rested and can talk more steadily…”

“I-I-I-I t-t-talk like this a-a-a-all the t-t-t-time…” she interrupted. “It i-i-i-s m-m-m-my curse. W-w-we have n-n-no t-t-time. V-V-V-Varduk…my s-s-s-sister…my f-f-f-friends…are in g-g-g-g-grave d-d-d-danger…m-m-m-must g-g-g-go…b-b-back…p-p-p-please…h-h-h-help m-m-m-me…”

“I probably can come up with a spell to fix that stutter,” Extherene snarked.

Arisema shot her a disapproving look. “Not now, Ex.” She moved to the girl, knelt down and took her hand. “We will help you,” she said warmly. “We just need you to calm down and tell us what is going on. To start, what is your name?”

“M-m-m-my name i-i-i-s R-R-R-R...” she replied, then paused. Remembering her sister’s teachings, she took a deep breath, then looked in Arisema’s comforting eyes. “Rain.”

“That is a wonderful name, Rain,” Arisema said. She nodded towards the officer. “The gentleman here tells me you are a ranger. And your sister is a Druid. And it sounds like you went on a quest with Varduk, yes?”

Arisema’s presence seemed to calm Rain and although it took a while, she was able to tell them the whole story. She and her sister Drenna, Varduk; Zaila, a goliath barbarian; Charyllis Underburrow, a Halfling paladin; Brok Godlight, a half-orc cleric, and Kolfi, a dwarven warrior, who led the group, had formed an adventuring party.

Arisema and Extherene looked at each other once they heard Kolfi’s name. They asked her to describe him a bit to confirm that it was the Kolfi they were thinking of. Kolfi, is the son of Kalen, King of the dwarves of Thunderhold. Kalen and Arisema’s father, King Xander Daellion, the high king of Gloriant, were long-time friends from their adventuring days as members of the X-Emplars, so Arisema and Kolfi had known each other since they were children.

Rain told them that they had gone to the town of Ladelere, about a 2-day journey to the northeast, to assist them in determining the cause of some recent disappearances of some more than a dozen of the town folk. It didn’t take them long to attribute the disappearances to raiding parties of kobolds. After capturing one, they learned that these kobolds were different than others, as instead of worshipping a dragon, these kobolds worshipped a great spiders at the behest of a “dark lady priestess” and her “dark men” who had taken over the clan and their temple. The spider god she told them of was a spider called Ishkanah, who had taken up residence in the lowest level of the temple.

Rain said that they had dealt with the kobold raiding party with ease, so they didn’t think dealing with the rest or a giant spider would be beyond them, so they had the kobold lead them to his lair. They met with little resistance initially so they went further into the cave. She noted that while some of the kobolds fought fiercely, others seemed to want no part of the battle, which made their triumph easier. After a few other minor battles with kobolds, they found themselves in a large chamber deep underground.

And that’s when things took a turn for the worst. The chamber was dimly lit and then suddenly it went completely dark. Before Brok, the Cleric of Light, could counter it, they were set upon by more kobolds, along with large spiders and some other dark humanoid figures that were more agile and skilled than anyone in their group. The dark figures shot Brok, Kolfi and Varduk with poisonous arrows, limiting their abilities. It didn’t take long before they were overwhelmed and cut off from a retreat. As he was succumbing to the poison in his veins, Varduk teleported her out of the room and gave her instructions to come back to Derrax and find help. He mentioned a dragonborn, a Warforged and their allies that he hoped were in town. And said they would either save or avenge him.

From there, she ran out of the lair, gathered her sister Drenna’s animal companions, Kinara the hawk and Stormfang the wolf, who had been waiting outside of the temple entrance, and traveled to Derrax. She journeyed as fast as she could, stopping only for water, which is why she was in such bad shape when she arrived. She said the animals have a spiritual link to Drenna and when it is broken, the animal companions tend to go into a state of mourning. Since they had not, she believes Drenna is still alive and hopefully the others are as well. From dealing with a few giant spiders that had wandered into their woods before, she knew that spiders paralyze their victims, wrap them in their silk and store them alive for consumption later. Since they had been collecting “food” for a while, they could have a few days before her allies were devoured, but she didn’t want to waste any more time. She said that as soon she could walk and repair her bow, she was heading back with, or without them.

Arisema quickly confirmed that they would definitely go with her and they’d leave as soon as they could get everyone together. Jobymme cast one more healing spell on Rain and then they all headed back to the Fat Cat to gather the rest of the party and their things. It didn’t take long for Xelennia to locate Baruun, Dryzza and Beaver and advise them of the situation. While she was doing that, Extherene and Arisema made arrangements for horses for the 8 of them so that they could reduce their travel time to less than two days.
Horses usually cost about 75 gp each, but Arisema got a 20 on her Persuasion roll to get the price cut to 50 each for a total of 400 gp. I’ll adjust each character’s wealth accordingly, with Jobymme and Baruun each chipping in 25 for Rain’s horse.

After getting Rain’s bow repaired, they were ready to go and left in the late afternoon. The weather was slightly overcast and cool for late Smarch, but there was no rain and winds were light, making it a good eve for travel. They pushed the horses hard the few last hours of daylight then stopped to camp for the night.
I’ll give a 30% chance of a random encounter, a 1-6 on the d20. 7. Close, but no cigar.

Baruun kept watch all night as usual since he needed no sleep and the night passed without incident. They awoke to another overcast and cool morning and again pushed the horses as much as they dared for most of the day, but they eased up in the later hours of daylight.
Going up to 40% chance of an encounter. 12. They escape again.

The night again was calm. They kept a good pace in the AM and by late morning, they had reached Ladelere. Hoping against hope, Rain located the constable and asked if her compatriots had returned, and he confirmed that they had not. He did say that at least 3 more people had gone missing and reports of large spiders being seen in the countryside had been coming in frequently as well. Arisema assured the constable that they would take care of their problems.

Rain said the temple was about 1 ½ to 2 hours away on foot. They decided to stable the horses and Drenna’s animal companions to avoid them having any encounters with spiders and kobold patrols while they were in the temple. After a short rest, the 8 of them followed Rain’s lead towards the cave.
So now we start with the real gaming part. The party consisting of Arisema, Baruun, Beaver, Dryzza, Jobymme, Rain and Xelennia will be storming the temple of the Spider Cult. They will be trying to save Drenna, Kolfi, Zaila, Brok, Charyllis, Varduk and any captured townspeople they can. It’s a 3 level dungeon/cave/temple with a few potential encounters, most of which should be pretty quick and some I may skip to move things along. We’ll do the entry and the 1st level in this installment, then we’ll do Level 2 in the next chapter, then the last level and possible epilogue in the last part.

So starting out from the woods outside of the temple, there will be some kobold sentries in the trees. We’ll need to do some Perception vs. Stealth checks to see who gets spotted first.

Rain led the party at a quick pace through fairly dense forest for just over an hour then they were able to make out a narrow path leading the west. At that point, she advised them that the temple was close, maybe less than a half hour away.
Expertise Nature check for Rain to know about kobold traits. DC10 for something pretty commonly known. She gets a 15.

She relayed to the group through Arisema that kobolds are well known for their traps so they needed to be careful as they got closer to their lair. The kobold that they had captured led them past the ones they had originally set but she expected new ones to be in place, knowing that she, or others would be coming.

Arisema put the group on alert. They slowed their speed a bit and cautiously moved down the path. The walkway was wide enough for them to go two abreast. Rain kept point, with Arisema and Xelennia close behind. Jobymme and Baruun followed, with Dryzza and Beaver next and Extherene in the rear, casting rod at the ready to cover them.

After going about another 20 minutes down the path…
Trap check! Rain, Arisema and Xelennia will all get checks to spot the trip wire. I’ll make it DC20. Rain and Arisema get 18’s, Xelennia gets a 10. None of them see it. It’s a hail of thorns trap and since Rain was in front, she’ll trigger it and take the brunt of it. Fortunately, it’s just a minor damage trap but it’s also a warning signal to the scouts. There are 3 winged kobold scouts in the trees, about 20 ft up and 60 feet away. Rain has to make a Dodge check against DC20 or take a +2 piercing damage, if she makes it, it’s halved. She gets a 24 so she has to make a toughness check against DC16. She gets a 15 for a 1st degree failure.

The kobolds are warned and one takes off to notify the leaders in the lair that they have company coming. The other two stay hidden in their trees. Since the foliage is still pretty thick, they’re a ways from the party, and there will be commotion because of the trap, I’ll give Arisema and Xelennia a DC25 chance of seeing any of them. 14 and 10 respectively. They’re safe for now.

….despite keeping a wary eye out, Rain failed to see the thin string stretched across the path. Suddenly there was a “twing” sound and a hail of thorns flew at the ranger from spring loaded mechanisms in trees on both sides of the path. Rain instinctively ducked and avoided the mini spikes flying at her head, but she let out a cry of pain as dozens of others embedded themselves in her legs.

The group quickly stopped and scanned the area but they could see nothing else in the vicinity. They moved off the path and Baruun and Jobymme quickly moved up to Rain to begin tending to her wounds.
Baruun will cast a healing spell on her. Dang, didn’t make the DC10, he rolled an 8. He’ll do it again, and gets a natural 20. They are NOT off to good start here. He’s down to 8 prayers left, but at least her 1st degree damage is gone. I was hoping I could avoid the Curse of the Kobolds in a different system.

Baruun and Jobymme were able to remove the spikes in short order. Baruun laid hands on her and even though it took more effort than he originally expected due to the spread of the damage, but she was back on her feet quickly. After some short discussion about trying to find an alternate path, it was decided to continue ahead.

After a few minutes, they reached the edge of the forest and came within sight of a clearing outside of the cave. Rain held up the group and scouted a little further ahead. When she returned a few seconds later, she told them that that she spotted about a half dozen kobold guards around the entrance. Arisema immediately began preparing a strategy, but before she could begin to relay it Jobymme put his hand on her shoulder and said with a smile, “My friend, I can see the wheels turning in your head. If we need a great plan to take out these little monsters, then we should probably retire from this life. Let us handle them, then we will go in and you can save your tactical mind for when we need it.” With that, the Dragonborn nodded at Baruun and the two great friends began to advance on the kobolds.
Arisema does a Tactics check. 19. She thinks something is up.

Arisema quickly jumped in front of them and said sternly, “Stop.” The much bigger men complied, much to the delight of Beaver and Xelennia. “Gods, I love it when she does that,” he whispered to the Elven rogue.

“You’re right, Jobe,” Arisema said. “It does look like an easy entry. A little TOO easy, don’t you think?” Jobymme pondered the question for a second. “Maybe…” he replied sheepishly.

“I can almost guarantee that after Rain’s springing of that trap that they know we’re coming,” she continued. “They may not know how formidable we are, but I know that kobolds rarely plan for a fair fight. If there’s a half dozen we see, there’s another dozen we don’t. We can’t just go striding up there. We need to be a step ahead of them.”

“OK, boss,” Dryzza said stepping past Baruun and Jobymme. “I think I can help with that…”
Dryzza will move up to within sight of the kobolds. She gets a 20 on Stealth, they get a 7 on Perception. She picks one and uses Mind Reading. The kobold only gets a 5 on its Will check against it. She gets everything he knows, despite the language difference.

After a brief discussion with the group, Dryzza snuck up to the edge of the tree line by the entrance to the cave, seemingly undetected by the kobold guards, who were about 50-60 ft away. She used her telepathy to enter the mind of one of the kobolds. After scanning for as long as she dared, she returned to the party with the information they needed.

Dryzza informed them that Arisema was right, they definitely knew they were coming. There were at least another dozen kobolds lying in wait around the northern and southern edges of the forest near the cave. And unexpectedly, some of them have learned how to ride spiders the size of wild boars so they’d have to deal with some of them as well. The kobold also knew there was a pit trap right in front of the guards. And past that, there’s another spike trap in the cave entrance, along with a few more kobolds.

If things went badly, at least one of the kobolds was supposed to use the secret entrance in the big room to get down to the next level and warn the “dark men”. She said the kobold seemed really afraid of the “dark men” and the “dark lady” because they had had beaten and tortured those initially opposed them within the clan and any who failed them in gathering sacrifices for the great spider queen. She couldn’t get much more from his mind before the kobold noticed something was wrong so she broke the connection to avoid being detected.
Arisema rolls another Tactics check to come up with a plan. 13. Not a great plan, but probably good enough.

With that information, the group looked to Arisema for the plan of action. And it didn’t take her long to oblige. “I take it back, Jobe,” she said with a devious smile. “I think maybe you should go greet our new friends straight away…”

“Make up your mind, woman!” Jobymme said with mock indignation. Arisema rolled her eyes and explained her thinking. Jobymme and Baruun would advance on the cave to draw out the ambush once they received a signal from her as she and Dryzza would work their way around to the north side to cut off the kobold’s support from the flanks. Beaver and Xelennia would attack from the other and Rain and Extherene would provide ranged support from the tree line. Once everyone was clear on their roles, everyone moved to their spots.
Time for some Stealth checks. Arisema 18, Beaver 21, Dryzza 11, Xelennia will us her Skill Mastery for a 21. To save time, I’ll roll one Perception for the kobolds. If they beat Dryzza’s 11, the plan is foiled. They get a 9. They all reach their spots. I’ll have Arisema and Beaver make Perception checks to see if they can see the ambushes on each side. Arisema gets an 18, the kobolds and spiders get a natural 20, so they stay hidden as well. Beaver gets an 11, the kobolds get a 14. Nobody sees anybody yet.

Arisema, Beaver, Dryzza and Xelennia moved swiftly and stealthily through the woods to the edge of the tree line on the north and south sides of the cave opening. They couldn’t see any other kobolds or spiders in the woods or on the hillside by the cave but remained on alert. Arisema whistled her signal. Jobymme and Baruun nodded to each other and began to trot out of the woods into the clearing where the kobolds guards awaited, while Rain and Extherene moved up to the tree line.

Seeing the large Dragonborn and Warforged advancing on them, the kobolds all took a defensive stance and began shouting in their yipping voices. At that point, the group could start to see some movement from behind some rocks and bushes on the hillsides.
Round 1: Initiative: Kobold Ambush (8) – 22, Extherene – 21, Kobold Guards (6) – 18, Jobymme – 17, Beaver – 17, Rain – 17, Kobolds Winged (3) – 13, Dryzza – 10, Xelennia – 9, Arisema – 8, Baruun – 7, Spiders/Spider Riders (4 of each) – 4. Using the minion rule for with the 6 scrappers outside of the cave entrance. Also, as usual in this setting, I will be using the lethal damage alternative rule from the Gamemaster’s Guide. When they arrive, the spiders, spider riders and flying kobolds will not be minions, but the other 8 supporting ambushing kobolds will be minions. Even though the ambushers should be surprised, I’m not giving anyone any free shots, but if it makes a big difference, I may give the party an HP afterwards for the complication.

Starting at the top of the order, the ambushing kobolds will hold this round. Extherene will hold her action as well. The kobold guards see the advancing party and hold their ground since they are all my scrapper archetype and lack a ranged weapon. Jobymme double moves up to about where Dryzza advised where the pit trap would be, about 10 ft in front of the guards. I’ll give him +5 to spot it, DC20. He gets a 23 to see exactly where it is. That draws the attack of 3 of the kobolds guards that have held before, who move around the trap, striking him with their short spears. All three hit 20, 18, 18. Jobymme fails the first TC by 1 and makes the next 2 for one 1st degree failure. Beaver holds his action. Rain uses the round to Aim at one of the kobolds who held back. The winged kobolds hold their action. Dryzza, Xelennia and Arisema hold as well. Baruun also double moves up close to Jobymme.

The spider riders lead the ambush. They can’t get to Jobymme and Baruun and attack, so they will double move to close in on them, 2 from the north that are closing in on Jobymme and 2 from the south that are closing in on Baruun. Of the 8 other kobolds, 4 are scrappers, so we’ll say two from each direction double move to get into melee with the dragonborn and Warforged. The other 4, 2 from each side will sling stones at them. Both the ones slinging at Jobymme miss. The second one from the south firing at Baruun hits. DC16 TC and Baruun passes with a 20.

The flying kobolds can get over to them 2 from the north side, 1 from the south. They all are carrying good sized rocks and all fling them at their opponents, using their Favored Environment advantage to add +2 to the attacks. The two aiming at Jobymme miss with a 12 and 9 and the other on Baruun misses with a 12 as well. The 3 other kobolds guards do not act still.

Now that the ambush has been sprung (as expected), those holding will act. Extherene sends Magic Missiles at the flying kobolds on Jobymme, getting a crit on the first one and easily hitting the other with a 23. The flying kobold that got critted has to make a DC24 with a +0 toughness. He gets a 10 for a 3rd degree failure. The other also gets a 10 for a 2nd degree failure. They both took pretty good shots, so I’m ruling that they’ll need to make DC10 Will checks not to drop from the sky. 15 and 10. They’re still flying.

Beaver will move up 30 ft and fire his crossbow at one of the spiders from the south side. He goes PA1 and misses with a 12. Dryzza teleports up to one of the spider riders coming from the north. She goes PA1 against it with her longsword and gets a natural 1. I’m ruling that she drops it.

Xelennia moves up 30 ft and flings her throwing knives at the other spider rider coming from the north, going PA2. She misses with a 13. Since she has 4 HP, she’ll burn one to reroll and rolls another 7, but with the 10, that turns it into a 23. I guess the 23 gives her a second degree success to add +2 with the multiattack so the kobold spider rider has to make a DC21 TC. He gets a 5 and he’s out!

Arisema decides to thin the numbers. She takes 10 and fires her bow, PA1 at one of the kobolds rushing in from her northern side and it hits. The kobold fails the check and is out. Using her Takedown attack, she does the same with another. It hits, it fails the check and it’s out. One more time on a slinger from the north. Same attack, but this kobold rolls a 19 to make the DC19 check. Not a great start for the party, but OK.

Status – Kobold Ambush Minions (6 fine, 2 incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Extherene (fine, 2 hp), Kobold Guard Minions (6 fine, 0 hp), Jobymme (-1 toughness, 10 prayers, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 10 songs, 2 hp), Rain (fine, 10 spells, 1 hp), Flying Kobold 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 2 (-1 toughness, dazed, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 3 (fine, 0 hp), Dryzza (fine, 9 Psionics, 2 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Arisema (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Baruun (fine, 8 prayers, 1 hp), Spider Rider 1 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 1 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 2 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 2 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp) Spider 3 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 4 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 4 (fine, 0 hp)

Round 2: Initiative. With the Delayed action, the order charges to: Jobymme, Kobold Guards (6), Rain, Baruun, Spiders (4)/Spider Riders (3), Kobold Ambush (6), Kobolds Winged (3), Extherene, Beaver, Dryzza, Xelennia, Arisema. Jobymme will shift his focus to the flying kobolds. They are close enough together to get caught in his Dragon Breath cone and he unleashes. Both fail their Dodge checks of DC15 with a 12 and a 6 so they take the full blast for a DC20 TC. The first gets a 13 for a 2nd degree failure, the second gets a 19 for a 1st degree failure. Again, I’m going to make them make DC10 will checks to avoid falling from the sky. First one fails with a 5 and the second passes with an 18. He’ll fall about 15 ft, which, if I’m reading the rules right, it’s a DC17 TC. And he makes it.

The kobold guards see things flying from all over the place now. One of the guards by the entrance takes off to go warn the others inside. The other two hold their ground again. The 3 on Jobymme continue their attacks, first one hits again, the other two miss. Jobymme gets a 13 on his DC15 TC to take another 1st degree failure. Rain has +5 to hit one of the guards by the entrance. She goes PA2 and takes 10 to automatically hit. He bombs the DC20 TC and drops. She will move out of the woods up 30 ft. She’ll then use Extra Effort for another action to takes shots at the 3 on Jobymme, using her Takedown Advantage. She will PA2 and take 10 which allows her to hit. All 3 fail their checks. 1 guard left.

Baruun has a flying kobold above him and 2 spiders with riders on him. He’ll try to hit one of the spiders and he will miss. The spiders and spider riders will go next. We’ll do the riders first. The only rider on Jobymme (we’ll use the scrapper archetype) hits with his shortspear with the 14 he needs. Jobymme only gets a 10 on his TC for another 1stdegree failure. That rider’s spider misses with a bite. The other spider is riderless, and with no controller, I’m going to say there’s a 25% chance they’ll turn on the kobolds. He doesn’t (20 and I was going 1-5 turn) and he goes after Jobymme but misses badly. The spiders and spider riders coming from the south all go after Baruun. First rider hits with his shortspear, DC15 TC. Baruun makes the check with a 19. Second rider on him misses. Both spiders miss with their bites.

The remaining 2 kobolds from the north shift their focus to party members that came out of the woods. They turn and sling stones at Arisema. They both miss. The two scrappers from the south that had made their way pretty close to center of the battle where Baruun, Jobymme and now Dryzza are, will both attack Baruun. First one misses, second one hits. But he gets a 23 on TC to avoid any damage. The two slingers will sling stones at Beaver and one at Xelennia. And both of them miss.

The flying kobolds on Jobymme that have gotten whacked pretty good decide to retreat into the cave. The one hovering over Baruun drops another rock but misses, barely, with a 12. And now the rest of the party gets to act. Extherene fires magic missiles at the spider with a rider that is engaged with Jobymme with her Multiattack and going PA1. She misses with both. Beaver fires his crossbow at one of the slinger minions from the south side, also going PA1 and he hits with a 23. The kobold blows its save and it’s out. Dryzza has to take a move action to pick up her sword and attacks the one of the spiders engaged with Baruun and hits with the 15 she needs. It only gets a 5 against the DC20 TC it needed for a 3rd degree failure. Xelennia will move up to join Jobymme with the spiders, quick drawing her twin shortswords and going for a backstab on the spider with a rider attacking Jobymme, but she misses.

Arisema will try to finish off the minions, same attack as last time, PA1 and taking 10 to automatically hit. She hits the remaining slinger on the south and he blows his TC so he’s out. With Takedown 2, she can hit the remaining slinger on the north and he’s out as well. And for good measure, the last guard is in range and she takes him out, too. She then moves up 30 ft to get a chance to get into the melee fray the next round.

Status – Kobold Ambush Minions (8 incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Extherene (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Kobold Guard Minions (5 incapacitated, dying, 1 fled, 0 hp), Jobymme (-3 toughness, 10 prayers, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 10 songs, 2 hp), Rain (fine, fatigued, 10 spells, 1 hp), Flying Kobold 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 2 (-2 toughness, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 3 (fine, 0 hp), Dryzza (fine, 9 Psionics, 2 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Arisema (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Baruun (fine, 8 prayers, 1 hp), Spider Rider 1 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, dying, 0 hp), Spider Rider 2 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 2 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp) Spider 3 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 4 (fine, 0 hp), Spider 4 (fine, 0 hp)

Round 3: Initiative: Jobymme, Rain, Baruun, Spiders (4)/Spider Riders (3), Kobold Winged (1), Extherene, Beaver, Dryzza, Xelennia, Arisema. Now the numbers are looking to be in the heroes’ favor. Jobymme will use this round to Recover, gaining back a toughness check penalty. He’ll also roll to recharge his Dragon Breath. He only gets a 5 so he’ll have to wait another round before he can use it again. Rain will take aim at Spider Rider 1 this round for her turn. Baruun will go AA2 against Spider Rider 2 and he hits with a 24. The rider only gets a 7 against the DC23 TC so he’s out. Now the spiders. The Spider 1 is staggered, I’ll give him a 50-50 chance to bolt. 17, he stays. He attacks Baruun and hits with a crit! Baruun has to make a DC22 TC but no Fort check since he’s immune to poison. And he makes the TC with a 25. I thought that was going to be bad for him but he’s really tanking up this fight.

Spider 2 has also lost his rider so he could turn, but he doesn’t. He’ll attack Baruun as well, going AA1 and still misses with an 10. Spider 3 spins around and attacks Dryzza, but misses. Spider 4 attacks Jobymme and hits with a 23. Dude can’t catch a break. He gets a 12 against the DC17 for another first degree failure and he makes the DC12 Fort save against the poison. There’s two spider riders left. Spider Rider 1 attacks Baruun with his shortspear and he hits with a 15. Baruun finally fails a TC, getting a 9 against DC15 for a 2nd degree failure. Spider Rider 4 goes after Jobymme but misses badly. The flying kobold tries to drop another rock on Baruun using his Favored Environment for +2 to hit, and hits this time with a 16. But Baruun makes the DC17 TC with a 19. The flying kobold moves off 60 ft towards the woods.

Extherene can still get shots at the flying kobold so she will fire a Magic Missile at him, AA2. She hits with a 23, which is a 2nd degree success so the kobold has to make a DC21 TC. He gets a 17 for a 1st degree failure. She’ll use EE to take another shot to take him down and she hits again with a 16. DC19 TC for the flying kobold and he bombs it with a natural 2. He’s out. Extherene is fatigued.

Seeing the battle going their way, Beaver looks to Arisema. She motions for him and Xelennia to head towards the cave. He double moves up to south side of the entrance and holds there. Dryzza goes PA2 against Spider 1 but misses. Hearing Beaver’s direction, Xelennia pulls away from the fight and moves up to the cave entrance on the south side as well. She uses her Skill Mastery to get a 21 on Stealth to get a peek in the cave without being spotted. She sees that the cave opening leads into a narrow passageway that goes for above 5 ft before it descends into the earth.

Arisema shifts her movement from heading towards the melee to go to the north side of the cave entrance. She still takes a shot at Spider Rider 4, PA2 and hits with a 19. The kobold gets a natural 2 against the DC20 TC so he’s out. Xelennia uses some hand gestures to relay her recon to her.

Status – Kobold Ambush Minions (8 incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Extherene (fine, fatigued, 10 spells, 2 hp), Kobold Guard Minions (5 incapacitated, dying, 1 fled, 0 hp), Jobymme (-3 toughness, 10 prayers, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 10 songs, 2 hp), Rain (fine, fatigued, 10 spells, 1 hp), Flying Kobold 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 2 (-2 toughness, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Dryzza (fine, 9 Psionics, 2 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Arisema (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Baruun (-1 toughness, dazed, 8 prayers, 1 hp), Spider Rider 1 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 1 (-1 toughness, staggered, disabled, 0 hp), Spider Rider 2 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 2 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp) Spider 3 (fine, 0 hp), Spider Rider 4 (1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 4 (fine, 0 hp)

Round 4: Initiative: Jobymme, Rain, Baruun, Spiders (3)/Spider Riders (1), Extherene, Beaver, Dryzza, Xelennia, Arisema. I don’t think they’re going to move into the temple yet so I’m not rolling Initiative for those kobolds this round. Jobymme will keep attacking and push through his injuries. He’ll go AA2 against Spider 4 and he gets a natural 1. I’m ruling that he dropped his hammer. Rain has her shot at Spider Rider 1, she’s got +5 to hit with her Improved Aim so she’ll go PA2 and rolls a natural 20 for a crit! So the spider rider kobold has to make a DC25 TC. Amazingly enough, he gets a 16 for only a 2nd degree failure, but I’m ruling he gets knocked off the spider. She’ll move up about 15 ft, leaving her about 15 ft from the melee. Baruun goes AA2 against Spider 1 and also connects with a crit. That spider has to make a DC28 TC. It gets a 13 for a second 3rd degree failure so it’s done.

So that leaves 2 spiders and one dazed rider. All creatures have survival instincts and spiders are beholden to no one so let’s see if they stick around. Spider 2 and 4 do, Spider 3 does not. Spider 3 heads for the woods, double time. Spider 2 will try to bite Baruun, and it hits with an 18. He gets a 12 against the damage DC17 for a 1st degree failure and gets a 15 on his Fort check against the Weaken effect from the spider venom to fight off the poison. Spider 4 goes after Jobymme and hits with a 22. Jobymme makes both the DC17 TC and the DC12 Fort check. The spider rider has to use his lone action to get up.

Extherene will recover to remove her Fatigue. Beaver delays, keeping his crossbow trained on the cave entrance. Dryzza moves to try and take out Spider 2 going AA1 and she hits with a 24. DC20 TC for the spider, it gets a 13 for a 2nd degree failure. Xelennia is also delaying with her twin shortswords drawn, keeping her eye on the temple entrance. Arisema takes a quick shot at Spider 2 going AA1 and she hits with a 16. Spider 2 gets a 7 on the DC20 TC for a 3rd degree failure. Tactics check for her, 14. She also wonders why the reinforcements in the cave haven’t come out...

Status – Kobold Ambush Minions (8 incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Extherene (fine, fatigued, 10 spells, 2 hp), Kobold Guard Minions (5 incapacitated, dying, 1 fled, 0 hp), Jobymme (-3 toughness, 10 prayers, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 10 songs, 2 hp), Rain (fine, fatigued, 10 spells, 1 hp), Flying Kobold 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 2 (-2 toughness, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Dryzza (fine, 9 Psionics, 2 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Arisema (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Baruun (-2 toughness, 8 prayers, 1 hp), Spider Rider 1 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider Rider 2 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 2 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, 0 hp), Spider Rider 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp) Spider 3 (fine, fled, 0 hp), Spider Rider 4 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 4 (fine, 0 hp)

Round 5: Initiative: Jobymme, Rain, Baruun, Spiders (2)/Spider Riders (1), Extherene, Beaver, Dryzza, Xelennia, Arisema. Jobymme will use an Aid action and makes the DC10 with an 18. His Teamwork Advantage will give Baruun +5 on his next attack. Rain starts to move around the trap and fires a shot at Spider 4, PA1 and hits with a 22. The spider gets a 15 on his TC against DC19 for a 1st degree failure. She moves around the trap to end up about 10 ft away from Arisema on the north side of the cave entrance. Baruun goes PA2 against Spider 2 and hits with a 20. The spider has to make a DC25 TC and he gets a 14 for another 3rd degree damage so he’s done. That leaves 1 spider and the rider. 1-10 the spider leaves, 11-20 he stays. Natural 1. Spider 4 is double moving into the woods. The last spider rider throws down his shortspear and raises his hands in surrender. Dryzza goes up to the goblin, who I would consider defenseless and punches him in the face with a 22. Since he’s defenseless, that would be considered a critical hit so he has to make a DC22 TC. He gets a 3. He’s unconscious.

Round 6: Baruun will recover, everyone else will gather up whatever arrows and such that they can and they’ll get ready to head into the cave. According to the RAW, you recover a condition every minute but that seems too fast for a fantasy setting. I’ll go with that for now, but I may have to adjust that in the future. They’ll wait about 3 minutes and then start heading into the cave entrance.

Final Status – Kobold Ambush Minions (8 incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Extherene (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Kobold Guard Minions (5 incapacitated, dying, 1 fled, 0 hp), Jobymme (-3 toughness, 10 prayers, 2 hp), Beaver (fine, 10 songs, 2 hp), Rain (fine, 10 spells, 1 hp), Flying Kobold 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 2 (-2 toughness, fled, 0 hp), Flying Kobold 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Dryzza (fine, 9 Psionics, 2 hp), Xelennia (fine, 3 hp), Arisema (fine, 10 spells, 2 hp), Baruun (-1 toughness, 8 prayers, 1 hp), Spider Rider 1 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 1 (-2 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider Rider 2 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 2 (-3 toughness, staggered, disabled, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider Rider 3 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp) Spider 3 (fine, fled, 0 hp), Spider Rider 4 (-1 toughness, incapacitated, dying, 0 hp), Spider 4 (-1 toughness, fled, 0 hp)

Comments: I thought the party performed well against high numbers. The opponents weren’t high in PL, but there were a lot of them so I figured the law of large numbers would add up to a better challenge, but it didn’t really happen. I’ll adjust things as they move into the temple. The next level is short, then the lower level is pretty long so I’ll split that one up before they get to the final level and THAT should be a challenge for sure. Each of them is getting 2 power points for this one since I am trying to get them up to PL6 quickly. I’ll adjust their builds at the completion of the adventure.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

44 - Wood Elves

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time to get back to Races of Gloriant.

Heh-heh-heh heh-heh-heh...wood...heh-heh-heh...

ELVES (WOOD)
PL4

OPL: 4; DPL: 4; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+4), Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+5), Deception (+1), Expertise [Elven Lore] 2 (+3), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+5), Stealth 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Animal Empathy, Equipment (2), Languages (1) (Common, Sylvan, Base: Elven), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Elven Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Elven Physiology: Immunity 11 (Sleep, Charm Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Sleep Effects [Flaw: Limited to magical effects]), Feature 1 (Longevity); 7 pts
Woodland Stride: Movement 1 (Trackless, Flaw: Limited to woodland/forest areas]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Light Hide Armor: Protection 1; 1 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Short Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts
Elven Bow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +0]
Short Blades +5 [Short Sword +2, Critical 19-20; Dagger +1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +5 [Elven Bow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +2 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +3, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Elves are known for their aloofness and perceived arrogance.

Abilities 28 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 12 + Defenses 7 = 61 / 61

Comments: I never got the real differences between High and Wood elves initially, but then I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy (can you believe Fellowship is 12 years old now?) and I got it. Wood Elves are like Legolas. High Elves are like Arwen.

None of the elves in my setting are particularly magical innately, at least in the ability to cast spells, but they have a higher percentage of sorcerers and wizards than other races because of their lineage. They are more effective, stick and move combatants, though. A highly trained elf can be a mook sweeping machine like Legolas.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

45 - High Elves

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More items for our Races Aisle.

I do have a feeling some high was involved with all this...

ELVES (HIGH)
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+5), Deception (+1), Expertise [Elven Lore] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+5), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Elven), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Elven Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Elven Physiology: Immunity 11 (Sleep, Charm Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Sleep Effects [Flaw: Limited to magical effects]), Feature 1 (Longevity); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Short Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts
Elven Bow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +1]
Short Blades +5 [Short Sword +3, Critical 19-20; Dagger +1, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +3
Bow +5 [Elven Bow +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Elves are known for their aloofness and perceived arrogance.

Abilities 30 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 11 + Defenses 8 = 63 / 63

Comments: High Elves are a bit more haughty than Wood Elves and slightly better fighters on the whole, but lack the Wood Elves affinity with nature.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

46, 47 - Drow Elves, Drow Elite

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More elves for our setting.

Be afraid of The Dark.

ELVES (DROW)
PL4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+5), Athletics 4 (+5), Expertise [Underdark Lore] 2 (+3), Insight (+1), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Bow] 2 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (5), Languages (1) (Common, Undercommon, Base: Elven), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Drow Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Darkness: Burst Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Activation 2 [Standard Action], Unreliable [5 uses]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Studded Leather Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Small Shield: +1 to Active Defenses; 2 pts
3 pts for misc. EQ (Ropes, sacks, etc.)
Rapier: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts
Arsenal: (14 pts)
Elven Longbow and Poison Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 3 (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 3 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 12 pts
Normal Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 1 pt
Poison Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 3 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1; Rapier +3, Critical 19-20; Poison Daggers +2, Critical 19-20/Affliction +3]
Ranged Attack +2
Bow +5 [Elven Bow Damage/Affliction +3]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15] Parry +4 (+5 with Shield) [DC14/15]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +3, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Drow are known for trademark aloofness.
Reputation: Drow are known to be evil creatures and are generally untrusted by other races.
Vulnerable: While Drow can generally function in normal lighting, bright lighting impairs their eyesight and they are vulnerable to light based visual effects.

Abilities 28 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 19 + Defenses 5 = 67 / 67

Comments: Standard dark elves for my setting. Below are some higher level Drow warriors.

DROW (WARRIOR - ELITE)
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise [Underdark Lore] 3 (+4), Insight (+2), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+8), Stealth 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Equipment (5), Languages (1) (Common, Undercommon, Base: Drow), Move-by Action

POWERS:
Drow Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Darkness: Burst Area Concealment 4 (Visual, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Activation 2 [Standard Action], Unreliable [5 uses]); 4 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Small Shield: +1 to Active Defenses; 2 pts
3 pts for misc. EQ (Ropes, sacks, etc.)
Rapier: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts
Arsenal: (14 pts)
Elven Longbow and Poison Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 4 (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 12 pts
Poison Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 3 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2; Rapier +4, Critical 19-20; Poison Dagger +3, Critical 19-20/Affliction +3]
Ranged Attack +4
Bow +8 [Elven Bow Damage/Affliction +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+8 with Shield) [DC17/18] Parry +7 (+8 with Shield) [DC17/18]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Drow are known to be evil creatures and are generally untrusted by other races.
Vulnerable: While Drow can generally function in normal lighting, bright lighting impairs their eyesight and they are vulnerable to light based visual effects.

Abilities 44 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 19 + Defenses 8 = 91 / 91
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

48 - Hallista Nirinath

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a special Drow for our NPC Aisle.

Ishkanah is the way, my children. - Hallistra Nirinath

HALISSTRA NIRINATH
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1
Archetype: Priestess
Height: 5-9
Weight: 135
Eyes: Purple
Hair: Black
Skin: Black
Race: Drow Elf
Alignment: Villain - Lawful
Base of Operations: Mobile (currently)
Affiliations: Dominion of Lolth

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Short Blades] 4 (+8), Deception 6 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Expertise [Religion] 7 (+10) [Ritualist], Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation (+4), Perception (+5), Persuasion 6 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Magic] 3 (+7), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Status – Spider Priestess of Ishkanah, Uses Expertise [Religion] for Rituals), Equipment (1), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Languages (2) (Common, Undercommon, Draconic, Elvish, 1 other, Base: Drow), Ritualist, Trance

POWERS:
Speak with Spiders: Comprehend 2 (Understand, Understood by Animal, Flaw: Limited to spiders); 2 pts
Prayer Array: 21 pt Array, Quirk: Limited boons (12 prayers per day, DC16 Will check to cast more); 24 pts
Web: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Webbing; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited [to two degrees]); 21 pts
Lolth’s Labyrinth: Perception Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Entranced and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Extra Condition); 1 pt
Venom Blast: Ranged Poison Damage 7; 1 pt
Charm Person: Perception Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Subtle); 1 pt
Spiders Eyes: Senses 13 (Radius Vision, Vision Counters Illusion, Vision Counters and Penentrates All Concealment); 1 pt

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Amulet of Protection: Protection 1, Feature 1 (Magic); 2 pts

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +1]
Ceremonial Dagger +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Magic +7 [Web Affliction +7; Venom Blast +7]
Special Attack [Charm Person Affliction +7, Perception Area; Lolth’s Labyrinth Affliction +5, Perception Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Gaining power and gaining favor with Lolth by growing her follower based.

Abilities 52 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 47 + Defenses 18 = 141 / 141

Comments: Hallistra is the Drow Spider Priestess from my short Lair of the Spider Queen playtest. After using her, I realized I didn’t make her formidable enough to be the semi-boss of the adventure. I will amp her up and flesh her out more to make her a recurring villain if she survives.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

49 - Null'Niss Freani

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item for our NPC Aisle.

It is not the dark you should fear, surface scum...it is ME... - Null'niss Freani

NULL'NISS FREANI
PL: 10 (194 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 6, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 9 (+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 9 (+11), Deception 8 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 5 (+8), Expertise [Underdark Lore] 4 (+7), Insight (+4), Intimidation 4 (+7), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion (+3/+5) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Bow] 3 (+14), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 9 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (4), Evasion (1), Favored Environment (Darkness), Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (1) (Swords), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative (2), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Drow), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (6), Skill Mastery (1) (Stealth), Takedown (1), Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Web of Lolth: Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees, Unreliable [5 uses]); 7 pts
Twin Enchanged Rapiers: 17 pts traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 11 pts
Twin Rapier Strike: Multiattack Slashing Strength-based Damage 4, Feature 1 (Magic) (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Double, Penetrating 5); 17 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Sack (empty), Trail Rations (10 days), Torches (5), Waterskin; 5 pts
Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins); 1 pt
Climber's Kit: Feature 1 (+2 Athletic checks ot climb); 1 pt
Restraints: Feature 1 (Toughness 5, DC20 Sleight of Hand); 1 pt
Arsenal: (18 pts)
Elven Longbow and Poison Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 4 (Extra: Linked [Affliction]), Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 16 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +14
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +2; Rapiers +6, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Poison Daggers Damage/Affliction +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +11 [Web of Lolth Affliction +7]
Bow +14 [Elven Bow Damage/Affliction +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: She needs to be able to gesture and speak to cast her spells.
Responsibility: To her master.

Abilities 76 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 32 + Powers 37 + Defenses 18 = 194 / 194

Build Comments: I’m putting together a little potential test thing against some Drow and I thought they needed a strong leader, so I created Null’Niss. She's the first (and hopefully far from the last) NPC I'm posting for my Gloriant setting. She is a warrior with a bit of spellcasting ability. I haven't really worked on her background yet, but it's coming eventually.
Thorpocalypse

52, 53 - Strumas and Orbin

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Comments: I had forgotten to post the twin villains from my first playtest, Trouble Times Two. Since they survived, hopefully I will use them again as build out my Thief Campaign that ran in D&D 3E and a little in 4E. Maybe I'll actually finish it in MnM. :)

And no, I didn't forget to how to count if you're checking numbers in the post titles. I forgot to count Drenna the Druid's animal companions and I didn't feel like renumbering everything after.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STRUMAS
PL: 7 (78 pts) - OPL: 7; DPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+7), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Equipment (3), Languages (1) (Orc [some], Goblin [some], Base: Common), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Ring of Protection: Protection 2, Impervious 2; 6 pts
Medium Shield: +2 to Active Defenses; 4 pts
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20; 4 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +3; Longsword +6, Critical 19-20; Dagger +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 (+7 with Shield) [DC15/17] Parry +5 (+7 with Shield) [DC15/17]
Toughness +7 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Follower: Strumas is the bigger of the two brothers, but he follows whatever Orbin says
Motivation: Proving to the people in his old hometown that he and his brother are not average at all, but destined for greatness
Relationships: His brother Orbin
Secret: Not saying yet…

Abilities 36 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 0 + Defenses 11 = 78 / 78

Comments: Strumas, from the adventure Trouble Times Two, will hopefully be a recurring NPC in my setting if I keep going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORBIN
PL: 7 (115 pts) - OPL: 7; DPL: 6; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+3), Deception 6 (+9) [Taunt], Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+7) [Ritualist], Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology (+3/+11/+17)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Goblin, Orc, Arcane, Elven, 1 other, Base: Common), Ranged Attack (4), Ritualist, Set-Up (1), Taunt

POWERS:
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Trained Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to lock picking/bypassing security); 2 pts
Backstab: Piercing Strength-based Damage 0, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Critical 4 [Short Blades 2]); (Extra: Multiattack 1, Penetrating 2, Flaw: Limited [must succeed at perception vs. stealth check or have ally within melee range of opponent], Requires light weapon [daggers, shuriken, short sword, rapier]); 2 pts
Spells: 14 pt Array, Quirk: Mana Limits (10 uses of arcane magic a day, DC13 Will check to cast more); 18 pts
Charm Person: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 7 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Entranced, 2nd: Compelled, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-dependent [Visual]); 14 pts
Detect Magic: Senses 5 (Detect Magic [Mental, Acute, Analytical, Ranged, Extended]); 1 pt
Burning Hands: Cone Area Mystic Damage 7 (Extra: Cone Area [60 [15] ft cone], Secondary Effect [Fire Damage 5], Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [15 ft cone]); 1 pt
Daze: Ranged Affliction 7 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Knock: Enhanced Skills 3 (Technology 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to lock picking), Move Object 7 (Extra: Damaging, Flaw: Limited to forcing doors open); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
[(10 pts)
Leather Armor: Protection 1; 1 pt
Light Crossbow: Piercing Ranged Damage 2, Critical 19-20; 5 pts
Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +0; Dagger +1, Critical 19-20; Backstab Dagger +1, Critical 17-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +7 [Light Crossbow +2; Daze Affliction +7]
Special Attack [Burning Hands +7, Cone, Charm Person Affliction +7, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Chicken: Despite his tough talk, he is a coward at heart and will run or cut a deal in a heartbeat if it will save his skin.
Motivation: Proving to the people in his old hometown that he and his brother are not average at all, but destined for greatness.
Power Loss: He must be able to speak and gesture to cast his spells.
Relationships: His brother Strumas.
Secret: Not saying yet…

Abilities 40 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 22 + Defenses 19 = 115 / 115

Comments: Orbin is the smarter and shiftier of the brothers, but he’s still not a great threat.
Gilliam

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Elves - Wood, High, Drow, NPCs

Post by Gilliam »

I do like the brothers though did you name the pictures the wrong way round?
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Elves - Wood, High, Drow, NPCs

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Gilliam wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:36 pm I do like the brothers though did you name the pictures the wrong way round?
Yes... :oops:
Thorpocalypse

54 - Luscian Kallavar

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More items for our NPC Aisle.

Perhaps not today, perhaps not tomorrow, dragonborn, but one day soon, you will bow to me. - Luscian Kallavar

LUSCIAN KALLAVAR
PL: 9 (209 pts) - OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 7 (+11) [Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Magic] 8 (+13) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery], Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 1 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 5 (+9), Ranged Combat [Magic] 6 (+10), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Daze (1) (Deception), Equipment (3), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (2), Languages (2) (Arcane, Dark Speech, Draconic, 2 others, Base: Common), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Ritualist, Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (1) (Expertise [Magic]), Taunt, Trance

POWERS:
Tiefling Traits: Senses 2 (Darkvision), Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat); 4 pts
Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (Prehensile Tail); 1 pt
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Projected Display: Feature 1 (You can create small, simple, and fairly obvious visual images suitable for displaying information, the equivalent of showing 3-D pictures);1 pt
Enchanted Robes: 6 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Protection Enhantment: Protection 2, Impervious 2; 6 pts
Mystic Shield: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 3 (Flaw: Sustained); 12 pts
Necromancy: Summon Undead 3 (45 pt minions; Extra: Controlled, Horde, Multiple Minions 5 [32 total], Variable Type [Zombies]); 45 pts
Necrotic Magic Array: 24 pt Array, Quirk: Mana Limits (18 uses of arcane magic a day, DC17 Will check to cast more after reaching limit); 29 pts
Hand of Death: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Necromantic Mage Hand; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Extra Condition, Affects Incorporeal 2, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 26 pts
Necrotic Burst: Burst Area Necromantic Damage 9 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
True Sight: Senses 13 (Radius Vision, Vision Counters Illusion, Vision Counters and Penentrates All Concealment); 1 pt
Necrotic Bolt: Ranged Necromantic Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Secondary Effect); 1 pt
Dark Chain Lighting: Ranged Multiattack Necromantic Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Aura of Death: Environment 5 (500 ft radius; Impede Movement 2 [reduce movement by 2 ranks, -5 Acrobatics/Athetics], Visibility [-5 modifier to Perception checks]); 1 pt
Hood of Heshem: Cloud Area Concealment 4 (All Visual, Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius], Attack); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Silver Dagger: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous, Feature 1 (Silver); 3 pts
Headquarters: (10 pts)
Kallavar Keep: Size - H, Tough - 8, Features - Communications (Crystal Ball), Deathtraps, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1; Dagger +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +4
Magic +10 [Necrotic Blast +8; Dark Chain Lightning +8, Multiattack; Hand of Death Affliction +8]
Special Attack [Necrotic Burst +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +4 (+2 Impervious, +10 with Mystic Shield, +5 Impervious with Mystic Shield), Fortitude +6, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He has the ultimate belief in his powers and intelligence, making him certain that no one can oppose him.
Motivation: Becoming the greatest necromancer in the land.
Power Loss: He needs to be able to speak and gesture to cast his spells.
Power Loss: Arcane spellcasters require mana, the ambient magical energy that courses through Gloriant, in order to cast their spells. Attempting to draw on too much mana at one time, being in a low mana area or attempting to draw upon mana that is incompatible with their arcane focus can cause them to lose their ability to cast spells.
Temper: He has a tremendous temper, especially when one of his plans goes awry.

Abilities 56 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 100 + Defenses 17 = 209 / 209

Comments: I’m still working on his backstory, but Luscian Kallavar is a faily powerful necromancer that I’d like to test some of my PCs against and perhaps use him as a recurring villain in a game. He’d make a good follower of Orcus.

I kept his zombie summoning separate from his array so that he can use it anytime he wants and still blast at people or power stunt other nasty stuff.
Thorpocalypse

55 - Zombies

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Some undead for our Bestiary Aisle.

ZOMBIE
PL3

OPL: 3; DPL: 2; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -4

SKILLS: Athletics (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Fast Grab, Improved Hold

POWERS:
Undead Body: Protection 4; 4 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Darkvision: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Zombie Grab: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Flaw: Limited to when two or more zombies are attacking the same opponent); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack -1

DEFENSES:
Dodge -1 [DC9] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +4, Fortitude Immune, Will +0

COMPLICATIONS:
Slow: Zombies can only move at Speed rank -1 (1 mph/15 fpr).
Vulnerable: Zombies are vulnerable to radiant damage.

Abilities -24 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 40 + Defenses 0 = 18 / 18

Comments: My zombies for the Gloriant setting are a bit of combination between regular fantasy zombies and Dresdenverse zombies. In the Dresden Files, particularly the novel Dead Beat, the zombies are almost super strong, able to sling a full size desk across a room. They're also pretty tough and can actually sprint fast enough to catch the Beetle when Harry was flooring it. Well, not the Beetle was fast, mind you, but still, most Zombies can't sprint. Mine are just close to peak human strength and plenty tough, otherwise, they function like regular movie/fantasy zombies. They’re slow, mindless, but if they get a hold of you, it’s tough to get away.

Here's some Mass Combat for them. I made their Morale sky high because really, how can you demoralize zombies? They never seem to get driven off, they either kill you or get killed.
ZOMBIES (FANTASY) MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 6, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 5, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 4, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 2, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 0, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 0, MORALE 9
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

56 - Zombie (Ogre)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That's right. I made an ogre even slower and dumber than a normal one. Never give up on your goals, kids.

ZOMBIE OGRES
PL7

OPL: 7; DPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA --, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT --, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -4

SKILLS: Athletics (+5), Insight (+0), Intimidation (-4/-2), Perception (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+3), Stealth (-1/-5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Equipment (1), Power Attack (2) (Club, Unarmed)

POWERS:
Ogre Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Ogre Senses: Senses 3 (Scent [Acute, Ranged]); 3 pts
Undead Ogre Body: Protection 10; 10 pts
Undead Immunity: Immunity 35 (Fortitude Effects, Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect]); 33 pts
Zombie Grab: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Flaw: Limited to when two or more zombies are attacking the same opponent); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Greatclub: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach (5 ft); 4 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +5; Club +8]
Ranged Attack -1
Throwing +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +10, Fortitude Immune, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Zombies permanently have the Dazed conditions, allowing them only a standard action each round
Reputation: Ogres well known for being stupid, cannibalistic lugs.
Slow: Zombies can only move 20 ft per round
Vulnerable: Zombies are vulnerable to radiant damage

Abilities -24 + Skills 2 (4 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 58 + Defenses 7 = 49 / 49

Comments: Something I’ve always tended to forget about was that Zombies, or undead in general, are not always just humans in the RPG settings. Many dead humanoids and creatures can be brought back as zombies or other types of undead. To begin to recify that, here is a zombie ogre. Slow but a helluva a lot harder to put down, these things can give a low level party all they can handle.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

57 - Gargoyles

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item for our Bestiary.

Did Disney call yet about that reboot?

GARGOYLES
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT -2, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+5), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 5 (+3), Insight (+1), Intimidation (-2), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Diehard, Improved Critical (1) (Claws), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Terran)

POWERS:
Stone Skin: Protection 3, Impervious 3; 9 pts
Gargoyle Traits: Immunity 3 (Starvation and Thirst, Suffocation); 3 pts
Freeze: Morph 1 (Statue); 5 pts
Wings: Flight 2 (8 mph/120 fpr, Flaw: Wings); 2 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2; 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +3; Claws +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +7 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Their Toughness is not Impervious vs. Magical Weapons

Abilities 22 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 23 + Defenses 8 = 66 / 66

Comments: Always really liked gargoyles as ambush predators in fantasy games, so I had to whip them up quickly for my setting. Not sure I like the Morph for the statue form, but it worked for now. I will figure out something better later, I'm sure.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.