J-Mart Fantasy: Closed for remodeling

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

119 - Criosphinx

Post by Thorpocalypse »

CRIOSPHINX
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 6, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+11), Deception (+2), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+9/+11), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Daze], Stealth (+2/-2)

ADVANTAGES: Daze (1) (Persuasion), Diehard, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Sphinx), Move-by Action, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Criosphinx Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Criosphinx Senses: Senses 8 (Normal Vision [Extended, Penetrates Concealment], Normal Hearing [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 8 pts
Criosphinx Physiology: Immunity 4 (Immunity, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat), Protection 3; 7 pts
Natural Weapons: 3 pt Array; 5 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 3 pts
Horns: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt
Gore: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Flaw: Limited to when charging); 1 pt

Criosphinx Movement: 4 pt Array; 6 pts
Wings: Flight 3 (16 mph/250 ft pr; Flaw: Winged), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by Action, Flaw: Limited to when flying); 4 pts
Cat Speed: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 ft pr); 1 pt
Leaping: Leaping 1 (15 ft); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +6; Claws +7, Critical 19-20; Horns +7, Critical 19-20; Gore +8, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +10 (+10 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Sphinxes believe they have few, if any equals in the world and can sometimes fall victim to their own arrogance.
Disability: Their paws make it difficult for them perform fine manipulation.
Honor: Sphinxes do hold themselves to a code of honor and if they give their word, they do not break it.
Motivation: Sphinxes crave knowledge and secrets and love to hoard both, but will share both if paid in kind.

Abilities 48 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 35 + Defenses 12 = 112 / 112

Comments: Criopshinxes are close relatives of the standard sphinxes of my setting, but they have ram heads instead of lion or humanoid heads and lack the intelligence or magical abilities of their more well known cousins. But Criosphinxes are not to be taken lightly as they are still above average in intelligence and are far more aggressive, being nearly as powerful in combat as prime sphinxes.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Vedalken, Thopter, Servo, Skywhales

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 am Now how to figure out how to fit them into a non-fantasy setting. :mrgreen: Hhm, mad scientist who mixes science with magic and altered some humpback whales. Everyone runs when they are overhead, no telling when they have to 'go'. Yes, I have a weird imagination. But where else would your mind go if beings that size could fly and were suddenly above you? ;) ;)
That's hysterical! :lol:

But that's something to think about in fantasy settings, too. There are some massive creatures roaming about; dragons, giants, maybe dinosaurs, Rocs...there's got to be some massive piles of poop in the Forgotten Realms.

I mean, think of the giant eagles in Lord of the Rings! Imagine those bird droppings coming down on you during the Battle of the Five Armies. :shock:

And I don't even want to THINK about the Tarrasque...
Woodclaw

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Vedalken, Thopter, Servo, Skywhales

Post by Woodclaw »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 am Now how to figure out how to fit them into a non-fantasy setting. :mrgreen: Hhm, mad scientist who mixes science with magic and altered some humpback whales. Everyone runs when they are overhead, no telling when they have to 'go'. Yes, I have a weird imagination. But where else would your mind go if beings that size could fly and were suddenly above you? ;) ;)
What kind of setting are talking about?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 am That's hysterical! :lol:

But that's something to think about in fantasy settings, too. There are some massive creatures roaming about; dragons, giants, maybe dinosaurs, Rocs...there's got to be some massive piles of poop in the Forgotten Realms.

I mean, think of the giant eagles in Lord of the Rings! Imagine those bird droppings coming down on you during the Battle of the Five Armies. :shock:

And I don't even want to THINK about the Tarrasque...
Not to mention the fact that some of these piles might have ... lets say unusual properties. I don't think that the excrements of dragons are good for fertilizing soil.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Vedalken, Thopter, Servo, Skywhales, Sphinxes, Criosphinxes

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat Sphinxes! That was always part of the Monster Manual I'd glossed over, not really seeing the point of having THREE of them. The Gynosphinx being a lioness with woman's hair and REALLY pronounced bosoms was always off-putting, too. I always loved how the Criosphinx's description involved it always "looking for a Gynosphinx" with no further elaboration :).
Thorpocalypse

120 - Kikaw (Kenku Rogue)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Steal from you, gov? This is an outrage! I've nevah stolen a thing in me life! Why, I've half a mind to call the constable meself! - Kikaw

KIKAW
PL5

OPL: 5; DPL: 5; HP: 1
Archetype: Rogue
Height: 4-11
Weight: 72
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Skin: Pink
Race: Kenku
Alignment: Hero - Chaotic
Base of Operations: Mobile
Affiliations: TBD

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+3), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+9), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Thievery] 4 (+6), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9/+11), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 2 (+4/+12)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (7) (12 gp), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Kenku), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Kenku Voice Mimicry: Illusion 2 (Auditory, Flaw: Limited to voices); 2 pts
Kenku Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
Trained Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to lockpicking/bypassing security); 2 pts
Backstab: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Critical 4 [Short Blades 2, Thrown Blades 2]), (Extra: Multiattack/Ranged Multiattack 1, Flaw: Easily Removable [Requires light weapon as determined by GM – ex: daggers/knives, short sword, rapier, short bow, shuriken, throwing knives], Limited [must succeed at Perception vs. Stealth check or have ally within close range of opponent]); 4 pts

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Sack (empty), Trail Rations (10 days), Torches (5), Waterskin; 5 pts
Thieves' Tools (Masterwork) : Feature 2 (Tools, Technology; +2 Sleight of Hand checks to pick locks); 2 pts
Twin Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Arsenal: (4 pts)
Short Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts
Throwing Blades: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed -2]
Short Blades +9 [Twin Daggers +0, Critical 19-20; Twin Dagger Backstab +1, Critical 17-20, Multiattack; Short Sword +0, Critical 19-20; Short Sword Backstab +3, Critical 17-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +7 [Throwing Blades +1, Multiattack; Throwing Blades Backstab +1, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+1 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +3, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Kikaw is mainly out for Kikaw. He wants to become rich and powerful by swiping whatever from whoever, whenever he can. But he does have a soft spot for the downtrodden due to his own rough upbringing.
Relationships: He is close to Dathan, who has bailed him out of trouble on numerous occassions.
Reputation: Everyone knows Kikaw is a generally untrustable thief.

Abilities 38 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 9 + Defenses 10 = 90 / 90

Comments: As I got back into building some PCs to test with, I knew I had to whip one up of my favorite all time things to play, the kenku rogue. Man, they are fun as hell, but hard to keep alive, at least for me.

This is Kikaw, a kenku sneak that hangs out with my war mage Dathan Caspian. Despite his thievery, selfishness and propensity to bring all sorts of trouble down on himself and his friends, Kikaw is a favorite of Dathan and most who adventure with them.
KIKAW
PL5

Archetype: Rogue
Height: 4-11
Weight: 72
Eyes: Black
Skin: Pink
Race: Kenku
Alignment: Hero - Chaotic

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 5 (+3), Close Combat [Short Blades] 2 (+9), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Thievery] 4 (+6), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 2 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9/+11), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 2 (+4/+12)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (7) (12 gp), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Kenku), Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Set-Up (1), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Kenku Voice Mimicry: Illusion 2 (Auditory, Flaw: Limited to voices); 2 pts
Kenku Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
Trained Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to lockpicking/bypassing security); 2 pts
Backstab: Piercing Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Critical 4 [Short Blades 2, Thrown Blades 2]), (Extra: Multiattack/Ranged Multiattack 1, Flaw: Easily Removable [Requires light weapon as determined by GM – ex: daggers/knives, short sword, rapier, short bow, shuriken, throwing knives], Limited [must succeed at Perception vs. Stealth check or have ally within close range of opponent]); 4 pts

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15 pts)
Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Sack (empty), Trail Rations (10 days), Torches (5), Waterskin; 5 pts
Thieves' Tools (Masterwork) : Feature 2 (Tools, Technology; +2 Sleight of Hand checks to pick locks); 2 pts
Twin Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 4 pts
Arsenal: (4 pts)
Short Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 3 pts
Throwing Blades: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 1; 1 pt

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed -2]
Short Blades +9 [Twin Daggers +0, Critical 19-20; Twin Dagger Backstab +1, Critical 17-20, Multiattack; Short Sword +0, Critical 19-20; Short Sword Backstab +3, Critical 17-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +7 [Throwing Blades +1, Multiattack; Throwing Blades Backstab +1, Critical 18-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +2 (+1 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +3, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Kikaw is mainly out for Kikaw. He wants to become rich and powerful by swiping whatever from whoever, whenever he can. But he does have a soft spot for the downtrodden due to his own rough upbringing.
Relationships: He is close to Dathan, who has bailed him out of trouble on numerous occassions.
Reputation: Everyone knows Kikaw is a generally untrustable thief.

Abilities 38 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 13 + Powers 9 + Defenses 10 = 90 / 90
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

121 - Dathan Caspian (Human War Mage)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Come on ya slags! I'll take ya all on and be done in time for dinner with your widows! - Dathan Caspian

DATHAN CASPIAN (WAR MAGE)
PL5

Archetype: War Mage
Height: 6-2
Weight: 203
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Alignment: Hero - Neutral

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 5 (+6), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+5) [Attractive], Persuasion (+3), Stealth (+2), Technology 1 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (6) (15 gp), Close Attack (1), Equipment (4), Inspire (2), Interpose, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: Common), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Situational Awareness: Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Theme Music: Feature 1 (You have a limited ability to generate a particular sound or sounds, such as the power to create your own “theme music” at will or to produce entertaining “sound effects” useful for a circumstance modifier on some interaction checks [particularly taunts]); 1 pt
War Mage Spells: 15 pt Array, Quirk: Mana Limits (10 uses of War Mage Spells per day, DC15 Fortitude check to cast more); 21 pts
Bane of his Enemies: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Mystic Visual; Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Selective, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-Dependent [Visual]); 15 pts
Magic Missiles: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Energy Damage 5; 1 pt
Mystic Burst: Burst Area Mystic Energy Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Fortify the Party: Burst Area Healing 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective, Flaw: Affects others only); 1 pt
Blinding Burst: Perception Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to one sense); 1 pt
War Mage Shield: Deflect 5 (Extra: Reflect, Redirect); 1 pt
Fall Before the Gods of War!: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Selective, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Dathan must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
[(20 pts)
Plate Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Chakram: Slashing Ranged Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5; Special Close Attack +0; Special Close Attack +0]
Ranged Attack +5 [Ranged Attack +0; Chakram +3, Critical 19-20; War Mage Shield Deflect +5; Magic Missiles +5, Multiattack],
Special Attack [Bane of His Enemies Affliction +5, Burst Area; Mystic Burst +5, Burst Area; Blinding Burst Affliction +5, Burst Area; Fall Before the Gods of War Affliction +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Dathan is extremely confident in his abilities and has no problems telling anyone that fact.
Full Speed: Dathan only has one speed: full. If there's a fight or task to be done, he's in it until the end.
Mommy Issues: Despite his confidence, he knows his mother always favored his brother over him and it drives him to excel to prove to her that he should be the focus of her affection.
Motivation: Dathan wants to be the greatest hero in the world and rid it of evil. He just wants to make sure everyone knows it was him that did it.
Power Loss: War Mages must be able to gesture and speak to cast their spells.
Sibling Rivalry: He is very jealous of his brother, Bradax, who is his mother's favorite.

Abilities 36 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 22 + Defenses 8 = 90 / 90

Comments: I built Dathan Caspian to be the character from the 80’s teen movies that everyone loves to hate at first. The cocky pretty boy that comes off as an arrogant douche but can generally back it up, which makes it worse.

But deep down he’s very insecure and actually has a good heart that comes through when the chips are down. And of course, he gets the girl.

I really wanted to experiment with a battlefield controller, even more so than the Warlord archetype I was working on with Arisema so I really look forward to testing him against multiple opponents. He would be OK against a single opponent but I built him to really shine when his party is dealing with large numbers.
DATHAN CASPIAN (WAR MAGE)
PL5

Archetype: War Mage
Height: 6-2
Weight: 203
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Alignment: Hero - Neutral

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Magic] 5 (+6), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+5) [Attractive], Persuasion (+3), Stealth (+2), Technology 1 (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (6) (15 gp), Close Attack (1), Equipment (4), Inspire (2), Interpose, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: Common), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Situational Awareness: Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Theme Music: Feature 1 (You have a limited ability to generate a particular sound or sounds, such as the power to create your own “theme music” at will or to produce entertaining “sound effects” useful for a circumstance modifier on some interaction checks [particularly taunts]); 1 pt
War Mage Spells: 15 pt Array, Quirk: Mana Limits (10 uses of War Mage Spells per day, DC15 Fortitude check to cast more); 21 pts
Bane of his Enemies: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Mystic Visual; Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Selective, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-Dependent [Visual]); 15 pts
Magic Missiles: Ranged Multiattack Mystic Energy Damage 5; 1 pt
Mystic Burst: Burst Area Mystic Energy Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Veil of Idolon: Burst Area Concealment 3 (Mental Senses and Remote Sensing, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Affects Others, Selective); 1 pt
Blinding Burst: Perception Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited to one sense); 1 pt
War Mage Shield: Deflect 5 (Extra: Reflect, Redirect); 1 pt
Fall Before the Gods of War!: Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Selective, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Dathan must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
[(20 pts)
Plate Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Longsword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Chakram: Slashing Ranged Damage 3, Dangerous; 7 pts

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +2; Longsword +5; Special Close Attack +0; Special Close Attack +0]
Ranged Attack +5 [Ranged Attack +0; Chakram +3, Critical 19-20; War Mage Shield Deflect +5; Magic Missiles +5, Multiattack],
Special Attack [Bane of His Enemies Affliction +5, Burst Area; Mystic Burst +5, Burst Area; Blinding Burst Affliction +5, Burst Area; Fall Before the Gods of War Affliction +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +6 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Dathan is extremely confident in his abilities and has no problems telling anyone that fact.
Full Speed: Dathan only has one speed: full. If there's a fight or task to be done, he's in it until the end.
Mommy Issues: Despite his confidence, he knows his mother always favored his brother over him and it drives him to excel to prove to her that he should be the focus of her affection.
Motivation: Dathan wants to be the greatest hero in the world and rid it of evil. He just wants to make sure everyone knows it was him that did it.
Power Loss: War Mages must be able to gesture and speak to cast their spells.
Sibling Rivalry: He is very jealous of his brother, Bradax, who is his mother's favorite.

Abilities 36 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 15 + Powers 22 + Defenses 8 = 90 / 90
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

ZAGANDA

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You know, I started thinking the other day after watching the Black Panther trailer that a fantasy setting based on Wakanda is something I really need to work through. So...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZAGANDA

Zaganda is a small nation located in the southernmost section of Gloriant. Zaganda is a nation of vast contrasts. While tribal in government and relatively primitive in certain aspects of its culture, Zaganda possesses magic and technology often more sophisticated than anywhere else on the known continent.

Zaganda remained mostly concealed from the rest of the world for centuries, while covertly sending some of its most gifted people to travel across Gloriant to gather knowledge and learn of their strengths, allowing Zaganda to develop their magical and technological advantages. Until relatively recently, the Zagandas lived as their ancestors did, as primarily a hunter-gatherer society with some cultivation of crops. Central to the Zaganda’s myth and ritual was a small mountain of an unknown ore, which according to legends, fell from the sky. For generations, the Zagandas worshiped at the site of the mound and founded the Cult of the Panther, which paid homage to their native predator, the white panther, which guarded the sacred mountain. It all changed when a Wolfenstrahd hunting expedition happened to take note of the unusual mound of ore. The foreign party attempted to forcibly seize the ore, but was opposed by Navala, the chieftain of the Zagandas as well as the head of the White Panther Cult. Navala was slain by the mercenaries, but it was his son, N’Kasa, who managed to drive the foreign invaders away.

The Zagandas took care to let no outsider know the exact location of the deposit for fear of theft. N'Kasa assumed leadership of the tribe after traveling the continent as his ancestors did, to learn about the other domains. Under his leadership, the country has now began to trade and treat with the other domains, but being careful to guard their secret.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCs:

Iziwe (Human Blademaster)

NPCs:

Archetypes:

Races:

Creatures:

Crocodile
Crocodile (Dire)
Girallon
Hyenas (Standard, Dire)
Lion
Tiger
Tiger (Sabretooth Tiger)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

122 - Iziwe (Human Blademaster)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This will not be easy. That makes me happy. - Iziwe

IZIWE (BLADEMASTER)
PL5

Archetype: Blademaster
Height: 6-1
Weight: 185
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Alignment: Hero - Lawful Good
Affiliations: The 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 3 (+6), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment, Combat Clarity*], Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+5), Stealth 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (1), Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (7) (10 gp), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (4), Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Common, Elvish, 3 others, Base: Zagandan), Power Attack (1) (Long Blades), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Blademaster Training: Enhanced Dodge 1 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to when wielding dual blades), Enhanced Parry 1 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to when wielding dual blades), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Power Attack [Long Blades], Precise Attack 2 [Close, Cover; Close, Concealed], Flaw: Limited to when wielding dual blades); 5 pts
Blademaster Style: 12 pt Array, Easily Removable (-4 pts), Quirk (Uchawi Limits; 10 uses of Blademaster Style per day, DC14 Will check to use more); 9 pts
Stunning Strike: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Mystic; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 12 pts
Bladestorm: Extra: Multiattack 6 on Twin Blade Strike; 1 pt
Blade Shield: Deflect 5 (Slow Projectiles, Extra: Accurate 2, Reflect); 1 pt

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Studded Leather Armor: Protection 2; 2 pts
Twin Blades: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous, Double; 6 pts
Arsenal: (7 pts)
Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts
Twin Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 1 pt

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Twin Blades +6, Critical 18-20; Bladestorm +6, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Stunning Strike Affliction +6; Twin Daggers +4, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +5 [Bow +3]
Blade Shield +5 [Blade Shield Deflect +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Dual Blades) [DC14/15] Parry +4 (+5 with Dual Blades) [DC14/15]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Iziwe holds himself to a high code of honor and once he gives his word, it is his bond.
Introverted: Despite his impressive combat ability, Iziwe is very soft spoken and generally keeps to himself.
Motivation: He is driven to fight for justice and prove himself against the best opponents.
Responsibility: To his homeland of Zaganda.

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 14 + Defenses 6 = 90 / 90

Comments: Every now and then you see some artwork that just inspires you and that’s what happened with me and the artwork for Resolute Blademaster. I knew I had to build a character based on it and after I decided that I was going to add an African inspired setting for my world, I came up with Iziwe, the Blademaster.

Iziwe is one of the members of the gifted Zaganda youth that has been sent out into the world by the elders to learn the ways of the outside world and bring them back knowledge that will continue to enhance their society. Iziwe has been trained in the Blademaster style in Kurikami and has made his way to Gilthorian to learn about the continent’s largest kingdom. Iziwe is well-schooled and very intelligent which is why his style is more of a thinking man’s fighter, utilizing his analytical nature to assess his opponents and assist his teammates in making the best attacks.

Dathan calls him the Quiet Storm as he says few words but when he does, they “roll out like thunder”.
IZIWE (BLADEMASTER)
PL5

Archetype: Blademaster
Height: 6-1
Weight: 185
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Brown
Alignment: Hero - Lawful Good
Affiliations: The 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception (+2), Expertise [Tactics] 3 (+6), Insight 5 (+8) [Assessment, Combat Clarity*], Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+5), Stealth 2 (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (1), Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (7) (10 gp), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment (4), Improved Critical (1) (Long Blades), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (Common, Elvish, 3 others, Base: Zagandan), Power Attack (1) (Long Blades), Precise Attack (2) (Close, Cover; Close, Concealment), Quick Draw, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Blademaster Training: Enhanced Dodge 1 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to when wielding dual blades), Enhanced Parry 1 (Flaw: Sustained, Limited to when wielding dual blades), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Power Attack [Long Blades], Precise Attack 2 [Close, Cover; Close, Concealed], Flaw: Limited to when wielding dual blades); 5 pts
Blademaster Style: 12 pt Array, Easily Removable (-4 pts), Quirk (Uchawi Limits; 10 uses of Blademaster Style per day, DC14 Will check to use more); 9 pts
Stunning Strike: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Mystic; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 12 pts
Bladestorm: Extra: Multiattack 6 on Twin Blade Strike; 1 pt
Blade Shield: Deflect 5 (Slow Projectiles, Extra: Accurate 2, Reflect); 1 pt

Acquired Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Twin Blades: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 4, Dangerous, Double; 6 pts
Arsenal: (7 pts)
Longbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 3; 6 pts
Twin Daggers: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous, Double; 1 pt

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Twin Blades +6, Critical 18-20; Bladestorm +6, Critical 18-20, Multiattack; Stunning Strike Affliction +6; Twin Daggers +4, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +1
Bow +5 [Bow +3]
Blade Shield +5 [Blade Shield Deflect +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+5 with Dual Blades) [DC14/15] Parry +4 (+5 with Dual Blades) [DC14/15]
Toughness +5 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: Iziwe holds himself to a high code of honor and once he gives his word, it is his bond.
Introverted: Despite his impressive combat ability, Iziwe is very soft spoken and generally keeps to himself.
Motivation: He is driven to fight for justice and prove himself against the best opponents.
Responsibility: To his homeland of Zaganda.

Abilities 40 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 14 + Defenses 6 = 90 / 90
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

TEZTACA

Post by Thorpocalypse »

The current MTG Aztec style setting (with dinosaurs, pirates and vampire conquistadors, awesome) has me hook, line and sinker so I wanted to do rip-off, er, homage to that as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEZTACA

Deep in the heart of Teztaca’s verdant jungle lies a treasure beyond imagining. Secure in the ancient golden city of Excanta, the Immortal Sun is an artifact of mythic power that promises boundless wealth, the strength of empire, command over nature, and eternal life. For centuries it was only dimly remembered, veiled in legend, but now legend has become reality, and all the peoples of Ixalan seek the Immortal Sun and the power it promises. They will stop at nothing to claim it for their own.

The merfolk of the River Heralds and the humans of the Sun Empire have shared the land of Teztaca for ages, sometimes warring, sometimes in an uneasy peace. But outsiders—first the treasure-hungry pirates of the Brazen Coalition and now the sinister fleets of the Legion of Dusk—have disrupted that delicate balance of power. And as the Legion of Dusk seeks to conquer Teztaca, all four peoples are catapulted into a desperate search for the golden city and the treasure it holds.

A whole world waits to be discovered. Ancient ruins from the Sun Empire’s heyday can now be found, overgrown and half-buried, in the depths of the jungle. Sacred springs infused with magical power well up from high mountainsides. Hidden coves hold pirate treasures stowed by captains long forgotten. Brave explorers from all four peoples uncover such sites as they scour Teztaca in search of the golden city.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCs:

Lady Charisa (Vampire Cleric of St. Elenda)
Tilron (Merfolk Shaman)

NPCs:

Archetypes:

Races:

Vampires (Standard)

Creatures:

Crocodile
Crocodile (Dire)
Dinosaur (Carnage Tyrant)
Dinosaur (Deinonychus)
Dinosaur (Pteranodon)
Dinosaur (Ripjaw Raptors)
Dinosaur (Triceratops)
Dinosaur (Tyrannosaurus Rex)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

123 - Lady Charisa (Vampire Cleric of Elenda)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Elenda's love will bring salvation to all. Join us and know peace. Oppose us and know oblivion... - Lady Charisa

LADY CHARISA (CLERIC)
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 1
Archetype: Cleric
Height: 5-6
Weight: 128
Eyes: White
Skin: White
Race: Vampire
Alignment: Hero - Lawful
Affiliations: Elenda

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA -5, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 1 (+5), Deception (+3), Expertise [Religion] 5 (+7) [Ritualist], Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 3 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat [Magic] 3 (+6), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Use Expertise [Religion] for Ritualist), Benefit (Wealth Ranks) (7) (22 gp), Deep Ties* (1) (Honor), Diehard, Equipment (4), Fearless, Languages (1) (2 others, Base: Common), Ritualist, Trance

POWERS:
Immortal: Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects), Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 3, Immortality 6 (1 day; Flaw: Limited [if death is not by wooden stake, body is not beheaded or burned); 45 pts
Vampire Senses: Senses 9 (Darkvision, Normal Vistion [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute, Tracking], Ultra-Hearing); 9 pts
Vampiric Movement: Leaping 1 (15 ft), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling [half-speed]); 4 pts
Blood Drain: Piercing Damage 1 (Extra: Linked [Weaken], Flaw: Grab-based), Weaken Stamina 1 (Extra: Linked [Damage], Flaw: Grab-based); 2 pts
Exultation: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 ft pr); 2 pts
Stabilize: Feature 1 (With just a touch and a standard action, you can automatically stabilize any dying creature’s condition); 1 pt
Full of Life: Feature 1 (You radiate an additional degree of life-force, promoting the health and well-being of living things around you, such that anything growing or healing in your presence gains a +2 circumstance bonus to any necessary checks); 1 pt
Holy Avenger: Feature 1 (All attacks have Holy descriptor); 1 pt
Prayer Array: 18 pt Array, Quirk: Limited Boons (11 uses of divine powers per day, DC17 Will Check to cast another after reaching limit); 24 pts
Death Stare: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Paralyzed, Flaw: Sense Dependent [Visual]); 18 pts
Soulfire: Ranged Spiritual Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will]); 1 pt
Bless: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Luck [Inspiration] 2), Enhanced Advantages 4 (Inspire 4 [+2 attacks/checks, +2 active defenses); 1 pt
Command: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Sense-Dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt
Turning the Undead: Burst Area Radiant Energy Damage 6 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Affliction], Flaw: Limited to Undead/Unholy creatures), Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Entranced, 2nd: Compelled [to flee], Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Damage], Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited to Undead/Unholy creatures only]); 1 pt
Cure Wounds: Healing 6; 1 pt
Healing Word: Burst Area Healing 6 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Selective, Flaw: Affects others only, Sense-Dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt

Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Healer's Kit, Masterwork : Feature 2 (Tools, Treatment, +2 Treatment checks); 2 pts
Antitoxin: Feature 1 (+5 bonus on resistance checks against toxins); 1 pt
Flail: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Extra: Disarming, Reach (5 ft.), Tripping; 5 pts
Scepter of the Dusk Rose: Feature 1 (Holy Symbol [Prayer Focus]); 1 pt

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +4; Blood Drain Damage/Weaken +5/+1; Flail +6]
Ranged Attack +3
Prayer Array +6 [Soulfire +6; Special Ranged Attack +0; Special Ranged Attack +0, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Death Stare Affliction +6, Perception; Turning Undead Affliction/Damage +6, Burst Area; Command Affliction +6, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +7 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude Immune, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Having turned her back on the Legion of Dusk, she now considers them heretics, and vice versa, and both sides want to eradicate the other.
Honor: Lady Charisa has become a champion of the true message of Elenda and will not go back to the old ways of the Legion of Dusk or compromise her new convictions.
Motivation: Spreading the word of the true church of Elenda the Dusk Rose.
Power Loss: Vampires lose their Impervious Toughness vs. fire, silver weapons, or holy effects. They also lose their Regeneration against holy effects or having a wooden stake driven through their heart.
Prejudice: Even though she has shifted from the ways of the Legion of Dusk to the true purity of faith of Elenda, no one seems to want to trust a Vampire.
Weakness: A vampire requires blood of the living to survive. If a vampire does not drink regularly, they suffer as if starving.
Weakness: Vampires are Impaired at the presence of strong garlic.

Abilities 36 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 88 + Defenses 5 = 151 / 151

Comments: Lady Charisa is a take on a vampire cleric. She is a reformed member of the Legion of Dusk, the religious zealot conquistadors from my Teztaca domain. The Legion became a warped version of a religion based on honoring the sacrifice of their leader, Elenda the Dusk Rose.

Before the Immortal Sun was brought to the domain of Teztaca, it was originally put into the care of the people who would become the Legion of Dusk. For generations, the Immortal Sun remained under the protection of its holy custodians in a mountaintop monastery. Though the Immortal Sun became an object of religious reverence, its presence gave the local monarch a disproportionate amount of influence in regional matters. The monastery fell under attack by the forces by rival king Pedron the Wicked who stole the Immortal Sun but in turn lost it to an unidentified winged being.

Eight hundred years ago, the mountainous nation called Torrezon split into three parts when its monarch died, with each portion ruled by one of the monarch's children. The two younger brothers marshaled their armies against their older sister. The Church of Torrezon condemned them as heretic usurpers and aligned itself with the queen. A long religious war ensued. It raged on for three centuries, before the first vampire, Elenda of Garrano, ended it. After the unification, many of Torrezon's nobles undertook Elenda's transformative ritual, and it became known as the Rite of Redemption by the church.

Hungry for blood, the Legion of Dusk began a series of wars and set out to take over the whole domain. Kingdom after kingdom fell to the unified Church and Crown. In the final century or so of Torrezon's expansion, a desperate remnant of old city-states still inhabited and ruled by living humans clung to their freedom on the southern shores of the continent. When they were conquered as well, they took to the sea and formed the Brazen Coalition.

The Legion of Dusk now again seeks the Immortal Sun, which was brought across the sea to the domain of Teztaca. At the behest of the Queen Miralda, their instructions are to track down the first and greatest of their kind, Saint Elenda, who will help the pilgrims fulfill their righteous purpose.

Eventually, the Legion of Dusk, along with the Sun Empire, the Brazen Coalition and the Merfolk of Teztace found the golden city and along with it, Elenda and the truth. Centuries ago, Elenda resorted to dark magic and took on the burden of immortality until the Immortal Sun could be retrieved once again. She searched for centuries and returned to Torrezon to teach her Rite to the nobles so that they could take up the sacrifice and join her in her search. Mavren Fein was one of her early converts. Long ago, he watched as she sailed back into the west. She had never been seen since.

Elenda had almost found the Immortal Sun in the golden city, but it had been deserted and was heavily protected. Awaiting the awakening of the city, she put herself in an enchanted sleep in a tomb of the bat-god. This event had been preserved as the tale of "The Bat From the East" in the Sun Empire. When Kumena awoke the city, Elenda reappeared as well. She was appalled to hear that the Legion of Dusk had become cruel invaders in her absence. She had left the Church with the knowledge of the ritual to take on her burden, to learn humility and search for salvation for all. She immediatly decided to teach them what they had forgotten.

When she did, many of the Legion of Dusk joined her, and Lady Charisa become one of her most fervent followers. After the battle for Immortal Sun ended, she began a sojourn to spread the word of Elenda to all peoples, hoping to teach others about a truly righteous life and to show that vampires can be a force for good and not just evil.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

124 - Tyrannosaurus Rex

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I knew I should have stayed with the boat! Always stay with the boat!!!

TYRANNOSAURUS REX
PL11

OPL: 11; DPL: 9; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+11), Deception (-3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 8 (+5/+9/+15), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-3), Stealth 8 (+10/+2)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (1), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Dinosaur Size: Growth 8 (+8 Str, +8 Sta, -4 Dodge/Parry, -8 Stealth, +4 Intimidation, Speed +1, +8 Mass, Reach 2 [10 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 17 pts
Dinosaur Senses: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended 2]); 4 pts
Thick Hide: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7; 10 pts
Swift: Speed 2 (8 [16] mph/120 [250] fpr); 2 pts
T-Rex Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 4 (Extra: Dangerous); 5 pts
Roar: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks, Flaw: Sense-dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +9; Bite +13, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +11 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans nor use their claws to easily manipulate objects. T-Rex is particularly deficient in the former due to its very disproportionately tiny arms.
Vulnerable: Dinosaurs are vulnerable to cold, and cold based effects due to their physiology. They take an extra degree of failure against those effects and prolonged exposure to cold environments can leave them disabled, incapacitated and eventually to dying.

Abilities 10 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 39 + Defenses 14 = 80 / 80

Comments: Teztaca is a land full of dinosaurs so I figured I should whip up a few for an adventurers that occur there, or perhaps some of them may have been imported to other domains as well. And if Jurassic Park has taught us anything, we know well people can contain and control them so if they are in a land such as Gilthorian, you can guarantee that they are running wild and life will keep finding a way for them do what they do.

I originally was not a fan of the feathered dino theory, but man, the artwork for the dinos in Ixalan is so vibrant and great, I decided to use some of it for my dinos. And of course, you have to start with the main man/woman of the dino world. They can keep finding new dinosaurs, come up with new theories about dino lifestyle and change the “big bad” of the Jurassic Park series all they want. The T-Rex will always be the coolest dinosaur ever, period.

And if you don’t believe me, ask any 3-8 year-old-boy. 8-)
Thorpocalypse

125 - Carnage Tyrant

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sun Empire commanders are well versed in advanced martial strategy. Still, the correct maneuver is usually to deploy the giant, implacable death lizard.

CARNAGE TYRANT
PL9

OPL: 9; DPL: 9; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+10), Deception (-3), Insight (+1), Intimidation 11 (+8/+11), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+2/-5)

ADVANTAGES: Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (1), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Carnage Tyrant Size: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 13 pts
Dinosaur Senses: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended 2]); 4 pts
Thick Hide: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5; 6 pts
Swift: Speed 2 (8 mph/120 fpr); 2 pts
Carnage Tyrant Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous); 3 pts
Kinjalli's Enchantment: Immunity 20 (Magic Effects); 20 pts
Dino Armor: 8 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 6 pts
Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 6; 8 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +7; Bite +9, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +12 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans nor use their claws to easily manipulate objects.
Vulnerable: Dinosaurs are vulnerable to cold, and cold based effects due to their physiology. They take an extra degree of failure against those effects and prolonged exposure to cold environments can leave them disabled, incapacitated and eventually to dying.

Abilities 16 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 54 + Defenses 10 = 96 / 96

Comments: The Carnage Tyrant another carnosaur type creature from the Ixalan set of MTG. It’s nasty. In MTG terms, it’s difficult to deal with because it has Hexproof, which means you can’t use spells to damage or remove it. In MnM terms, I just went with an immunity to magic effects. In a regular MnM game, it would be a 10 pt Immunity but in this type of setting, 20 pts feels more accurate. I may need to adjust that on some other builds.
Thorpocalypse

126 - Deinonychus

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another Jurassic Park movie, another paycheck. Recognize.

DEINONYCHUS
PL5

OPL: 5; DPL: 5; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+7), Deception (-3), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+4/+8), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (-3), Stealth 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:
Dinosaur Senses: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended, Tracking]); 4 pts
Swift: Speed 3 (16 mph/250 ft pr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 4 pts
Terrible Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 4 pts
Shriek: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks, Flaw: Sense-dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +1; Claws +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans. Deinonychus has limited ability to manipulate objects with their claws.

Abilities 24 + Skills 11 (21 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 13 + Defenses 6 = 57 / 57

Comments: The breakout dino stars from the original Jurassic Park, the Deinonychus, or as known in the movie because the empty suits thought that name was too hard to pronounce (and in reality, they were probably right), Velociraptors. The actual Velociraptors were a considerably smaller member of the raptor family, but hey, it sold lots of merch so the paleo fans are just going to have to deal with the misnomer.

Here's some mass combat for them as well:
DEINONYCHUS MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 21, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 20, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 19, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 6, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 9, DAMAGE 5, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 7, DAMAGE 3, DEFENSE 6, TOUGHNESS 3, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE -1
Thorpocalypse

127 - Ripjaw Raptors

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Raptors are clever enough to tear away a hard metal shell to get at the tasty morsel inside.

RIPJAW RAPTOR
PL6

OPL: 6; DPL: 6; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics 7 (+9), Deception (-3), Insight (+2), Intimidation 7 (+4/+8), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion (-3), Stealth 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:
Dinosaur Senses: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended, Tracking]); 4 pts
Feathered Hide: Protection 1; 1 pt
Swift: Speed 3 (16 mph/250 ft pr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 4 pts
Shriek: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks, Flaw: Sense-dependent [Auditory]); 1 pt
Natural Weapons: 4 pt Array; 5 pts
Terrible Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Split); 4 pts
Ripjaws: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Dangerous, Multiattack 4, Flaw: Grab-based); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1; Bite +4, Critical 18-20; Claws +4, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans. Ripjaw Raptors have limited ability to manipulate objects with their claws.

Abilities 28 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 15 + Defenses 5 = 63 / 63

Comments: So this is a just a slighter bigger version of the main raptors for my setting based on the art from the Magic card Ripjaw Raptors from the Ixalan set. Expect a lot dinosaurs based on that are because it’s awesome. Most of the names are just “cool” names that the MTG development team came up with because they have this rule that they will never repeat a card name, meaning they will reprint certain cards with new art and the same effect, but never a card with different effects having the same name.

So when I post the Monstrosaurs, Regisaurs and such, know that I do know they’re not real dinosaur types/names, it’s just for fun. Although, maybe people would learn more dino names if their scientific names weren’t so freakin’ hard to pronounce. ;)
RIPJAW RAPTORS MASS COMBAT

CORPS (20,000-50,000): ATTACK 22, DAMAGE 18, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 19, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
DIVISION (9,000-15,000): ATTACK 21, DAMAGE 17, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 18, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
BRIGADE (6,000-8,000): ATTACK 20, DAMAGE 16, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 17, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 1 (3,000-4,000): ATTACK 19, DAMAGE 15, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 16, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
REGIMENT 2 (1,250-2,750): ATTACK 18, DAMAGE 14, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 15, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
BATALLION 1 (500-1,000): ATTACK 17, DAMAGE 13, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 14, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
BATALLION 2 (150-450): ATTACK 16, DAMAGE 12, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 13, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
COMPANY 1 (140): ATTACK 15, DAMAGE 11, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 12, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
COMPANY 2 (55-125): ATTACK 14, DAMAGE 10, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 11, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
PLATOON 1 (30-50): ATTACK 13, DAMAGE 9, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 10, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
PLATOON 2 (15-40): ATTACK 12, DAMAGE 8, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 9, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
SQUAD (8-10): ATTACK 11, DAMAGE 7, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 8, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
SQUAD (4-6): ATTACK 10, DAMAGE 6, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 7, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
BASE (2-3): ATTACK 8, DAMAGE 4, DEFENSE 5, TOUGHNESS 5, INITIATIVE 8, MORALE 0
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart Fantasy: Skywhales, Sphinxes, More PCs, T-Rex, Carnage Tyrant, Raptors

Post by Jabroniville »

Awesome dinos, Thorp. I agree- these artists are really good at depicting feathered dinosaurs, something that's become well-known amidst the smaller Theropods. No telling what the bigger ones looked like, of course.