The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: Eclipse

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:57 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 pm Image
Now that is a smug looking man ;~)
Mission accomplished! ;)
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: Ozimov

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:33 pm Image
That's an awesome picture.
Yeah I thought so to.
Shock wrote:I probably don't say this enough but it's always nice to see more additions to the T-Verse
As I have time to make said additions; work is kicking my butt with overtime & I only had time today to get some work done because I took a half day for dome doctors appoints & found myself with an hour or 2 left to myself.

I still have 2 or 3 more members of Delta Class left to finish the histories (I know what I want to write but need the timento actually write them). After that I think I'll be adding some more villains (as I have several of them nearly ready to post [in other words they just need a little editing]). After that I'm thinking of either cleaning up the Alliance members some (as well as fleshing out that group's history a bit) or posting one of the big bads of the setting Black Sun.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Horsenhero

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Delta Class

Post by Horsenhero »

Well, I'm loving these. I have a fondness for "young heroes coming into their own" stories, so these are pretty sweet.
Tattooedman

Kinetix

Post by Tattooedman »

Kinetix:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Telekinetic Powers] 4 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Taunt

Powers: Telepathy:
Communication 2 [mental] (Extras: Area, Selective)
Mind Reading 6

Viridian Gem: (Removable –9 pts) [36 pp]
Telekinetic Propulsion: Flight 5
Telekinetic Field: Protection 6 (Extra: Sustained)
Telekinesis: Move Object 8 (Extra: Damaging); (Feat: Precise)
-Targeted Internal Attack: Ranged Force Damage 8 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude])
-Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Force Damage 8
-Telekinetic Bullet: Ranged Force Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Telekinetic Burst: Force Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Telekinetic Deflection: Deflect 8 (Extra: Redirect, Reflect)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Telekinetic Attacks +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8*/+2 [*Telekinetic Field]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 13+ Advantages 8+ Powers 60+ Defenses 20= 137 pts.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 114 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue (glow emerald green when using powers)

Complications:
Addiction: Kinetix is growing dependent on the power of her Viridian Gem, for the boost it provides to her psychic powers.

Legacy: Kinetix is following in the footsteps of her aunt, the psychic heroine Psila.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Kinetix feels that she should use her powers for the greater good of others.

Background: Anna Pertrovna is a third generation American, her grandparents emigrating from Russia and setting up a bodega that turned over to their daughter and her husband when they retired. Anna found herself bored with the mundaness of her life and was thus thrilled when she began to develop psychic powers.

Anna kept her powers a secret from her family, fearing they would want her to not develop them knowing that the life of a Alpha was dangerous. However, her aunt (her mother’s sister) quietly revealed to her that she knew Anna’s secret and possessed her own abilities that she had used as the psychic heroine Psila for a few years when Anna was younger until she was forced to retire due to injuries she suffered. None the less the older woman was a practiced psychic who offered to train Anna in developing her burgeoning powers. After a year the retired hero deemed Anna as trained as she could and presented her with what she called the “Viridian Gem” and put her in contact with the Vanguard Academy to help her further her psychic abilities.

Now in her second year Anna is pushing herself to develop even more psychic abilities and beginning to rely more and more on the Viridian Gem, which she is becoming slowly addicted to using more and more unaware that the thing has become like a drug to her.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 03, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Catspaw

Post by Tattooedman »

Catspaw:
PL:
Strength 4 (0)
Stamina 8 (1)
Agility 4 (0)
Dexterity 4 (0)
Fighting 4 (2)
Intellect 1
Awareness 3 (0)
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 2 (+12), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+4), Expertise [Survival] 6 (+7), Insight 2 (+11), Intimidation 0 (+7), Perception 2 (+11), Stealth 6 (+10)

Advantages: Power Attack, Task Focus [Expertise (Pop Culture): Fantasy Literature], Teamwork

Powers: Affinity With Cats: Feature 1 [Cats accept her as one of their own]

Catspaw Form: (Move Action -1 pt)
Enhanced Strength 4
Enhanced Stamina 7
Enhanced Fighting 2
Enhanced Awareness 3
Enhanced Skills 8 [Athletics +6, Insight +6, Intimidation +6, Perception +6]
Enhanced Advantage 10 [Close Attack 2, Daze (Intimidate), Evasion 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Startle, Uncanny Dodge (hearing)]
Extra Limb 1 [tail]
Leaping 3
Movement 1 [Sure-Footed]
Regeneration 1 [1/every 10 rounds]
Speed 4
Senses 10 [Hearing (Extended), Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Olfactory (Acute, Extended, Tracking 2), Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision]
Bite/Claws: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Combat: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +4 (+8 Catspaw Form)
Ranged Attack +0 (+4 Catspaw Form)

Defense: Dodge +2 (+8 [Catspaw Form])
Parry +2 (+8 [Catspaw Form])
Toughness +4*/+1 (+8 [Catspaw Form]) [*Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +1 (+8 [Catspaw Form])
Will +6

Equipment: Vanguard Academy Uniform:
Feature 3 [Commlink, GPS, Watch]
Immunity 2 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat]
Protection 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 10+ Skills 7+ Advantages 3+ Powers 77+ Defenses 8= 105 pts.

Height: 5’1” (normal) / 5’10” (transformed)
Weight: 105 lbs (normal) / 145 lbs (transformed)
Hair: Auburn (normal) / Orangish-Red (transformed)
Eye Color: Green (normal) / Yellow (transformed)

Complications:
Accident: Catspaw periodically exhibits strong animalistic behavior when transformed, which she later regrets.

Prejudice: Alpha.

Relationships: Catspaw is close with the other members of Delta Class and a few of the other students of the Vanguard Academy.

Religious: Catspaw had a religious upbringing, which she holds strongly to.

Background: Amanda Stamper was raised by Reverend Walter Williams, a harsh man that likely would have done better in decades gone by, who beat religion into her starting at an early age. For years this went on and nobody in the small town they lived ever did anything, fearing the social clout of the Reverend. Eventually though, Amanda had enough and tried to run away, though she was soon caught and returned to her guardian who promptly began to beat the teenager for her rebellious efforts.

This time however, something was different; Amanda had tired of her abuse and become stronger mentally for the ordeals she’d had to endure and began arguing with the Reverend, which caused him to lash out even more than he’d done before. That caused something deep inside Amanda to snap after years of abuse at the hands of the man who was supposed to be protecting her from the kinds of harm he’d inflicted upon her, and she manifested her Alpha abilities for the very first time – transforming into a cat-like creature that lashed out at her abuser. In his alcohol and rage fueled state, the Reverend thought that Amanda had been transformed into some kind of demon and tried to banish her back to the “pit of hell that had spawned her” only to find that this version of Amanda wasn’t as easy to intimidate as the one he was used to dealing with.

In the end it was Amanda who survived that encounter, though she still has trouble remembering much of anything from that night after her first transformation and doesn’t like talking about it. Unfortunately, the other members of her community were less than understanding about what had happened and wanted nothing to do with her which led to her being driven from her small town and into the nearby state park where she was forced to rely on her powers to survive. In the end it was purely accidental that she was discovered by members of the current Alpha Class who had gone camping there on one of their breaks from the Vanguard Academy.

In the time since Amanda has become a ward of the school and been adjusting to her life, such as it is now, having made friends at the school as well as developing a crush on Randy Van Zant (which she is keeping to herself because she thinks that there is no way he would be interested in her in that way). The staff hopes that Amanda will continue to open up to her friends as she continues going to the school, as her upbringing has left her ill-prepared for dealing with today’s societal needs.

Art by FrischDVH on Deviant Art
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tattooedman

Syntax

Post by Tattooedman »

Syntax:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 5 (2)
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+4), Deception 6 (+12), Expertise [Computers] 9 (+13), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+10), Expertise [Popular Culture] 6 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+11), Expertise [Writing] 3 (+8), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Technology 6 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 5, Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort [Expertise (Computers)], Well-Informed

Powers: Big Brain: Enhanced Intellect 3

Decipher Languages: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Understand & Read All Languages]

Translation Field: Comprehend 2 [Speak & Understand Languages] (Extras: Affects Others, Area [Burst])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +7
Parry +7
Toughness +8*/+5**/+2 [*Vanguard Academy Uniform & Defensive Roll/** Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +7
Will +9

Wrist-Computer:
Hacking Codex: Task Focus 2 [Expertise (Computers): Hacking]
Micro-Computer: Feature 1 [Computer]

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 24+ Advantages 15+ Powers 18+ Defenses 21= 110 pts.

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 156 lbs
Hair: Red (shaved bald)
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
And That’s The News….: Syntax wants to be a journalist when he graduates from school, and is in the habit of “investigating” things that he deems to be “newsworthy” or “interesting”. This sometimes leads him, and his friends, into trouble.

Power Loss: Should Syntax’s powers be nullified somehow, then his intellect becomes a 2.

Relationships: Syntax is close with the other members of Delta Class as well as several of the other students of the Vanguard Academy.

Background: Randy Van Zant was only able to pick out his older cousin Dru at the family gettogethers held during the holidays, which wasn’t very surprising given their ten year plus age difference, but he did get along with her. So when he manifested the ability to understand any language his parents didn’t hesitate to reach out to Dru, who possessed the same ability, and had gone to the Vanguard Academy where she learned how to use that ability.

So, it did not take long for Randy to be enrolled into the school where he learned that his power wasn’t very useful as he found himself excluded from most of the combat-orientated training sessions. Deciding not to take the situation as it was, Randy committed himself to a training regimen that included time in the weight room, running track and extra sessions in hand-to-hand combat lessons, and by the end of his first year Randy was able to hold his own in a fight with little trouble.

Added to that were his varying areas of interest, as Randy’s powers are apparently more advanced than his cousin’s – his also increased his intellect, and he soon found himself leading his class on a number of “unapproved field trips” because he noticed something “wasn’t right”. This has led to many the school’s students being kidnapped by a faction of the Greek Pantheon and taken to the Imagineria where they were separated in various regions within Olympus where they dealt with several threats until the students were able to reunite with one another and put an end to Circe’s plan then return home (only to find that time had moved differently in the Imagineria and what had been months to them had only been about a week).
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tattooedman

Hack

Post by Tattooedman »

Hack:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 9 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: Daze [Deception], Daze [Persuasion], Language [Base: English; Romani]

Powers: Mind Control: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Perception Ranged); (Feats: Insidious, Subtle 2); (Flaw: Concentration)

Mind Link: Mind Reading 5 (Feats: Sensory Link, Subtle 2); (Flaw: Limited [Mind controlled targets only])

Psi-Mask: Feature 1 [Facial Features Concealed]

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +3
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +6
Parry +6
Toughness +6*/+3 [*Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +6
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 15+ Advantages 3+ Powers 52+ Defenses 15= 121 pts.

Height: 5’5”
Weight: 117 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Bad Girl: Drina tends to be the girl who breaks a number of the rules just to have some fun.

It’s MY Problem: Drina prefers not burden others with her problems, trying to deal with them on her own.

Secret: Drina is trying to leave behind her criminal past.

Background: Born into a Romani family in California, Drina Taragoš learned the art of the con as well as several other criminal skills that she used to help “support” her family. This would lead to her spending some time in juvenile detention centers where Drina learned other “facts of life” as well as her developing a harsher mindset than someone her age would have.

Around her fifteenth birthday Drina developed the ability to control the minds of others. Her family wasted no time in having Drina put those powers to use – as she was able to have her marks simply hand over their valuable possessions without any risk of being caught by the authorities! It was only when her family discovered her talents that Drina’s powers also allowed her to read the minds of those she controlled that things took a darker turn; Drina was forced to extract information from her family’s enemies. This lead to several violent confrontations, and not surprisingly, a few deaths. That was too much for Drina’s conscience to bare, and she ran away from her criminal family.

Luckily, Drina’s abilities quickly attracted the attention of the Vanguard Academy and they wasted no time in inviting the young woman to join the ranks of their students. Seeing it as a better option Drina accepted, though she’s not 100% sure if she made the right choice yet.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

And that'll do it pretty much for the kids of the Vanguard Academy (granted I have a couple more but they're part of Gamma Class [aka the Freshmen, who would be newly joining the school alongside any PCs once I get the game in this setting started], so I think I'll hold off on posting them yet). Right now I'm leaning towards posting more of the villains for my setting, because well......I like making them.

Of course that is dependent upon my work schedule, as it has been pretty heavy lately (as I've said before) so we'll see how that goes.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Tattooedman wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:08 pm And that'll do it pretty much for the kids of the Vanguard Academy (granted I have a couple more but they're part of Gamma Class [aka the Freshmen, who would be newly joining the school alongside any PCs once I get the game in this setting started], so I think I'll hold off on posting them yet). Right now I'm leaning towards posting more of the villains for my setting, because well......I like making them.

Of course that is dependent upon my work schedule, as it has been pretty heavy lately (as I've said before) so we'll see how that goes.
Well now I've got to keep my eyes open for the (potential) game since Albright Institute had been one of my favorite all time games and this looks like it's got super potential.
Bear

Post by Bear »

What PL are you thinking about for the game?

Now looking at the characters, Hack seems like a bad guy in the making. Hopefully she'll have some lessons in friendship to pull her closer to the good side.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I'm looking forward to it as well never got the chance to get into Albright but it looked like fun.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bear wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 am What PL are you thinking about for the game?
It'd be a PL8/120 pp game to start.
Bear wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:49 amNow looking at the characters, Hack seems like a bad guy in the making. Hopefully she'll have some lessons in friendship to pull her closer to the good side.
Who knows? Maybe one of the PCs might be able to help her stay on the side of angels.
catsi563 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 am I'm looking forward to it as well never got the chance to get into Albright but it looked like fun.
Well, it's going to be a little while before it starts. I want to get the FORCE Ops game closer to it's ending point before starting up another game.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Teen heroes are definitely a fun concept to play with- all that power, but so little experience or maturity! Almost any character traits can be justifiable and understandable rather than pathetic when you're dealing with uppity kids :).
Tattooedman

Firedrake

Post by Tattooedman »

Firedrake:
PL:
Strength 16
Stamina 16
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 2 (+18), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+4), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 14 (+16), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 2 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Ranged Attack 4, Power Attack

Powers: Magma Dragon Physiology:
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Diehard, Great Endurance]
Immunity 20 [Fire/Heat Effects, Life Support]
Impervious Toughness 12
Regeneration 3 (Extra: Persistent); (Flaw: Source [earthen material/flames])

Living Magma Body: Damage 12 (Extra: Reaction [being touched])
Magma Breath: Damage 14 (Extras: Area [Cone] 2, Secondary Effect)
Magma Claws & Spikes: Feature 1 [Unarmed Damage has both slashing & heat descriptor]

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +12
Ranged Attack +6 // Thrown Objects Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +12
Toughness +16* [*Impervious 12]
Fortitude +16
Will +11

Costs: Abilities 96+ Skills 13+ Advantages 10+ Powers 144+ Defenses 22= 285 pts.

Height: 8’ 6”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Mane of flames
Eye Color: Molten orange

Complications:
Power Loss: Firedrake is vulnerable to having most of his powers shut down by being exposed to intense cold or large amounts of water, it will leave him unable to use his Living Magma Body, Magma Breath, or Magma Claws & Spikes abilities until his internal temperature has returned back to normal (a process that will take a few minutes to a few hours depending on the amounts of cold/water used).

Power Loss: When Firedrake reverts back to his Peter Dolan identity, he loses his powers, his stats change to Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, and Intellect 2 and he has the Expertise [Writer] 6 (+8).

Split Personality: It seems that Firedrake is a separate identity to that of Peter Dolan, and Firedrake isn't too fond of Dolan.

Temper: Firedrake can become very angry with little provocation; in his case it is mostly triggered by any kind of setback or insult thrown at him.

Weakness: Firedrake suffers an additional degree of effect from any cold or water-based effect. Extreme cold/water-based effects are treated as Fortitude Damage equal to a base rank of at least 10 and his Impervious Toughness does not function against them.

Background: Peter Dolan lived a normal life, earning a degree in English when he went to college. During those years Peter came up with an idea for a setting for a series of novels (which focused on a set of characters who were secretly dragons in modern society who acted to protect humanity from mystical threats) he started writing during his sophomore year that he managed to get published just after graduating. The series was a hit and soon Pete was living very comfortably off his written works.

Unfortunately Peter had the misfortune of having a meeting with his agent at a coffee house near where Black Sun triggered the Silver Storm, and like so many others Peter was drastically changed by it; he transformed into an eight foot plus tall, draconic being whose body was made of molten rock who called himself Firedrake. And like so many of the other victims of the Silver Storm he went on a rampage only to be stopped by the efforts of both the Vanguard and the Alliance. However, Firedrake was among the few who escaped in the aftermath and has continued to be a problem as he keeps popping up seemingly random places as Peter tries to figure out a solution to his problem while hiding it from his family friends and fans.
Tattooedman

Rumble

Post by Tattooedman »

Rumble:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 6 (+11), Intimidation 10 (+11), Expertise [Mechanic] 8 (+9), Expertise [Criminal] 10 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+10), Stealth 4 (+9)

Advantages: Agile Feint, All Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Benefit 2 [Membership (Crime Union) 2], Close Attack 6, Defensive Attack, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Languages 2 [Finnish, French, German, Spanish], Luck [Determination], Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Tough 2

Powers: Spinning Round & Round:
Enhanced Advantages 6 [Defensive Roll 4, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Toughness], Uncanny Dodge]
Enhanced Dodge 4
Enhanced Parry 4
Movement 2 [Trackless, Water Walking] (Flaw: Limited [Only while spinning])
Senses 1 [Vision (Radius)]
Speed 8

Hard to Stop:
Enhanced Strength 10 (Flaws: Limited [Only useable vs. Grapple/Trip Effects], Limited [Only while spinning])
Immunity 5 [Entrapment Effects] (Flaw: Limited [Only while spinning])

Spinning Attack Array:
Vortex: Move Object 11 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Close Range)
-Spinning Backfist: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Tornado: Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst])

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +11
Ranged Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +11*/+7 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 22+ Advantages 28+ Powers 62+ Defenses 15= 187 pts.

Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Reputation ~Mercenary: Rumble is known for being willing to take work from anyone who will pay his hiring fee.

Background: The early life of Bruno Danvers isn't known, nor how he gained his powers. He simply became part of the Alpha mercenary scene a few years ago, willing to take on pretty much any job for the right amount of money and is known for being a professional that won't talk about his employers.

Periodically Rumble will pull a mundane robbery of a bank, jewelry store or other high pay-off kind of job to keep money in his pocket and to keep his name in the papers, his way of 'advertising'.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.