Kirinke's Oddities

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
kirinke

Kirinke's Oddities

Post by kirinke »

Most of these characters are going to go by The Merge Universe's rules, unless otherwise stated. Any image posted by me in any thread is generally used without permission and will be removed or credited to the artist at their sole discretion. No disrespect is intended. If I used your image, it's because I really liked it and it represented the spirit of whatever character I am statting up. I am earning no money from this. Also, most of the images I use for my characters are from Deviant Art. They have some really great artists over there and I bow humbly to their talent. I am linking the image directly from wherever it originally came from.

CHARACTER BUILDS FOR CURRENT AND PAST GAMES
Agrippina Edwige Heterodyne - PL 10/189PP
Kyriakiefthaliathekla (Kyra) PL 11/204PP
Evangeline - PL 8/120PP Gargoyle Teleporter
Amaryllis (Amy) Cináed Michaels - Pokemon Trainer PL 6/120PP

AVATAR THE LAST AIR BENDER INSPIRED BUILDS
Aislynn Finnigan - Air Bender PL 6/120PP
Erika Davenport PL 6/120PP Fire Bender

CONCEPT BUILDS
Aleksandra Gavriel - PL 10/180 Power Armor
Holly Rosebriar Plant Controller - PL 10/180
Alice Liddel Dream Warrior - PL 09/180
Alethia Steele Electrical Controller/Tecnopath PL 08/136PP
Relativity - Speedster PL 10/150PP

D&D INSPIRED BUILDS (HUMAN) PL 8
Tara Berenger - Basic Fighter PL 8/120PP
Madaline Clark - Basic Archer PL 8/120PP
Anna Black - Basic Thief PL 8/120PP
Elenor Cooper - Martial Arist PL 8/120PP
Clara Thompson - Basic Cleric PL 8/120PP
Hazel Ellis - Basic Wizard PL 8/120
Hanna Grundwulf - Basic Barbarian PL 8/120PP
Dani Ulren - Basic Bard PL 8/120PP
Jacintha Sifknir - Basic Druid PL 8/120PP

BLOODY BUNNY BUILDS
Bloody Bunny - PL 6/138 Living Doll
Mumu - PL 6/94 - Living Doll (The cute side-kick)

SKYRIM BUILDS
Alarik Sorin PL 8/120 Nord Fighter
Andreas Velwyn Imperial Fighter - PL 8/120
Tristyn Arniel Breton Wizard - PL 8/120PP
Solilian Gannar Altmer Warrior - PL 8/120PP
Dathus Nalosi Dunmar Mage PL 8/120PP

PL 6 BUILDS
Elianor Abshalom PL 6/90PP
Last edited by kirinke on Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 75 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
kirinke

Agrippina Edwige Heterodyne - PL 10/189PP

Post by kirinke »

A personal Perspective
Well, to begin with, I am the daughter of Agatha Heterodyne and Gilgamesh Wulfenbach. That's right. I hail from the world of Girl Genius, where mad scientists frolic wild and uncontrolled and rule things.... Badly.

I'm a Spark, a mad girl to some of the less uncouth people running about and more importantly, a Mad Scientist. My story began when I woke up in an abandoned recycling center in Detroit and learned that entire universes had merged together like a thousand freight-train wreck carrying hazardous materials. It wasn't and isn't pretty. Well, I took over the junk yard and was doing my Heterodyne thing when Deadpool went and destroyed everything!

In his defense he was fighting a giant mechanized robot dinosaur. He made it up to me by kidnapping me and taking me on the adventure of a life time and he abruptly left when I met up with Nightwing and company. He's crazier than I am, but he usually has his reasons. Probably something to do with these guys being a better role model or something. So, now it's just me, my clanks, my mad place and my friends.

The bad guys don't stand a chance.

COMPLICATIONS AND QUIRKS

ENEMIES
Doctor Doom knows exactly what she is and what her castle is and wants both badly. Aggie does not approve of either notion, not because she's scared of him persae, but she's scared of what she can do with his tutalege. Hence her vehement disinclination of joining him.

MADNESS
Aggie is out of her mind (family trait) and can do odd and unexpected things, depending on how badly she is stressed out. This has the basic form of being obsessed with dark things and tea, giving teddy bears to her enemies or using a wrench as an off-hand weapon.

FAMILY
Aggie's castle, Jaegers and town came along with her and both want her back. Krosp and Da Boyz came through for certain. What's less certain is how many, if any of her family members came through. Considering that her family is generally composed of evil, murderous and insane mad scientists and dictators, the relative quiet on that front is both worrying and relieving at the same time.

ABILITIES
0 STR
10 STA
2 AGL
2 DEX
2 FGT
10 INT
2 AWE
2 PRE
PP 60

DEFENSES
2(10) Dodge
2(10) Parry 10
10 Fortitude
10 Toughness
2(10) Will
PP 24

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 8, Equipment 6
Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools
Inventor, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 8,
Trance
PP 27

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Leadership
Connected

EQUIPMENT
Smart Phone
Laptop
Multitool
Basic Tool-kit
Castle Heterodyne and New Mechanisburg (they go together)

SKILLS
2(10) Insight
2(10) Perception
2(10) Deception
2(12) Intimidation
2(19) Persuasion
10(13) Technology
10(11) Treatment
2(12) Vehicles
Expertise
10(11) Biology
10(11) Chemistry
10(11) Mechanics
10(11) Engineering
PP 23

INDEPENDENT POWERS
2PP Hammer Space: Create 1 (Volume: 2 cft., DC 11)
2PP Heterodyning (Advantages: Trance), Quickness: Quickness 1 (Perform routine tasks in -1 time ranks)
PP 4

THE SPARK OF GENUIS (Dynamic Array)
Calming Tea: Burst Area Healing 8 (Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Persistent, Selective, Stabilize, Triggered 6: 7 uses - drinking tea)
Triple Trick Tea: Healing 9 (Energizing, Persistent, Restorative, Stabilize, Triggered 2: 3 uses - drinking tea)
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Machines / Electronics)
Death Ray: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 10)
That's Impossible: Burst Area Nullify 10 (Counters: Chaos and Chaos effects, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Broad)
Shrink-Ray: Progressive Affliction 10 (3rd degree: Transformed, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Duration: concentration, Increased Range: ranged, Progressive; Limited Degree (third only))
Senses: Senses 8 (Analytical: Choose Sense, Analytical: Choose Sense, Detect: magic 2: ranged, Detect: law/chaos 2: ranged, Detect: mind control 2: ranged)
Swarm: Summon 10 (Active, Controlled)
The Bunny Rabbit: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Selective, Triggered 10: 11 uses - detonator or timer)
The Voice (Mind Control): Burst Area Affliction 10 ([0 active, 0/40 PP, 4/r], 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Increased Range: ranged, Selective)
Control Technology: Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Affects Objects Only, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Increased Range 2: perception, Selective; Limited: Technology)

PP 51

*The Bunny Rabbit is a toy stuffed with a special blend of C4 she created herself. It has a little steampunk inspired LED countdown display embedded in it's furry belly and can stick to anything Aggie wants it to stick to (thanks to some heavy duty double sided duct tape affixed to the back). When the timer starts, the little cymbals in it's paws will start to clang rhythmically until boom-time. It looks a bit like this:

OFFENSE

Initiative +10
Control Technology: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Death Ray: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 10)
Stun Ray: Cumulative Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
That's Impossible: Burst Area Nullify 10 (DC Will 20)
The Bunny Rabbit: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
The Voice (Mind Control) : Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Throw, +10 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 15)

LANGUAGES
Native Language

CASTLE HETERODYNE/NEW MECHANIZBURG
Castle Heterodyne - PL 10
Toughness 10, Size Gargantuan

Features (15):
Communications, Computer, Deathtraps, Defense System, Grounds, Infirmary, Intelligent, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 1, Variable Environment, Workshop

Castle Heterodyne. It's basically a stationary clank built by generations of evil mad scientists. It's first creator downloaded his personality into the thing and used it as a base for the AI running it. Needless to say, it's evil, psychotic and utterly loyal to the Heterodynes. It also thinks it has a sense of humor.

MINION
Toot The Homicidal Swarm Clank- PL 10

ABILITIES
0 STR
10 STA
2 AGL
2 DEX
2 FGT
2 INT
2 AWE
2 PRE
PP 44

DEFENSES
2(10) Dodge
2(10) Parry
10 Fort
10 Tough
2(10) Will
PP 24

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 8, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown
PP 17

SKILLS
2(12) Expertise - criminal
2(12) Insight
2(12) Perception
2(12) Intimidation
2(12) Persuasion
PP 17

INDEPENDENT POWERS
10PP Comprehend: Comprehend 5 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Machines / Electronics)
6PP Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)

MECHANICAL ARRAY (Dynamic)
Flamethrower: Line Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 19, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - affects non living things)
Growth: Growth 10 ([0 active, 0/20 PP, 2/r], +10 STR, +10 STA, +5 Intimidate, -10 Stealth, -5 active defenses, +2 size ranks, +10 mass ranks, +1 )
Hook Sword (Easily Removable)
Damage: Damage 10 (slashing, DC 25; Double, Penetrating, Tripping)
Morph: Morph 4 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Any form; Limited: metalic objects)
Protection: Shapeable Area Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 20)
Shrinking: Shrinking 10 (-2 STR, -5 Intimidate, +10 Stealth, +5 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks)
PP 26

Personality:
Toot is a cross between R2D2 and HK-47 personality wise, which means she's a highly loyal, sarcastic, kill-mad battle-clank in a cute package. Aggie tends to reign her in, much to Toot's disappointment.

Complications
Only people that can understand machines can understand Toot, though she does have the ability to understand anything that's spoken to her. To anybody else, she sounds a bit like a child's musical instrument.
Last edited by kirinke on Mon May 29, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Battle Init
kirinke

Kyriakiefthaliathekla (Kyra)

Post by kirinke »

BACKGROUND
My name is Kyriakiefthaliathekla, daughter of the Master or Missy as she calls herself now and the Doctor and River Song. You can call me Kyra, as I haven't earned my time lord name yet, being underage and all. Mom calls me her cheeky abomination from hell. I kinda earned that...

Well to make a looong and involved story short, Mom managed to steal some of the Doctor's and River Song's DNA and with the help of some device or other, combined hers and theirs in the device and popped me out of it. Now this was just a few months or centuries (depending on how you look at time) before the Merge happened, so when things went cockaloop, me and mom found ourselves in London. During a dragon attack and a goblin invasion.

Mom booked it, but I helped out. Seems, I take more after dad than anything else, though I do like a good tomb now and again. I can sort of feel dad and mum out there and stepmum usually likes to run around with me.

And I love to run. Want to take a ride and have some fun?

COMPLICATIONS
Enemies: Kyra has her unfair share of enemies, due to being the daughter of three of the most infamous people in her reality and unfortunately, a fair number of those managed to get through as well.

Just want to have fun: Kyra really just wants to have fun, but like her father, her ship takes her where she needs to be, so that means she is often thrust into unlikely situations.

Parents: Her father would like to ground her to Earth, so Kyra tends to not let him anywhere near her ship for that reason. Her mother would like to steal her ship, so she definitely wouldn't want to have Missy anywhere near her ship either. About the only one she halfway trusts is River, because River is pretty content to run around with her! Between the two of them, they cause the Doctor more headaches than Missy does.

Strays: Kyra has a tendency to pick up companions and strays, helping them along the way and them helping her learn as well is all part of the fun.

School: Kyra is an underage Time Lord, one with parental difficulties and political difficulties to boot. The Time Lord Council came up with a solution to both problems. Home Schooling. She has to keep her grades up and her lessons and curriculum are decided by the council. !@#$%.

ABILITIES
0 STR
4 STA
1 AGL
1 DEX
1 FGT
11 INT
2 AWE
2 PRE
PP 44

DEFENSES
1(11) DODGE
1(11) PARRY
4(11) FORT
4(11) TOUGH
4(11) WILL
PP 34

ADVANTAGES
Benefit-Galactic Reputation
Close Attack 8
Equipment 9
Improved Initiative 2
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Jack-of-all-trades
Luck 1
Ranged Attack 10
PP 34

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Well informed
Taunt

SKILLS
2(12) Insight
2(13) Intimidation
2(13) Persuasion
2(12) Perception
1(10) Stealth
11 Technology
11 Investigation
1(10) Vehicles
Expertise
11 Biology
11 Chemistry
11 History
11 Physics
11 Engineering
11 Popular Culture/Current Events
11 Theology/Philosophy
PP 22

MENTAL POWERS (Dynamic Array)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 11 (DC 20)
Communication: Mental Communication 4, selective
Comprehend: Comprehend 9 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Machines / Electronics, Spirits - Communicate)
Senses: Time Sense (temporal Awareness), direction sense, distance sense, Postcognition uncontrolled, precognition uncontrolled, spatial awareness.
PP 25

TIME LORD PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Immortality: Immortality 6 (Return after 16 hours; Uncontrolled, Notes: Note when you come back you must roll up new stats, though your powers can remain mostly the same.)
Respirtory Bypass and Bi Vascular System: Immunity 8 (Environmental Conditions (All), Sleep, Suffocation (All); Limited - Half Effect)
Timeless: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison; Custom: Cronal Memory, Custom: Cronal Bulwark, Notes: You have the ability to “remember” other timelines. If someone changes history, your memory contains two versions of events: the current timeline and the original one. These differing recollections let you know, first, that history has been changed and, second, may provide clues as to how and when it changed and what you can do about it. You are “fixed” in time such that when history is changed (see Temporal Tampering, following) you do not change with it. The difficulty is that only you (and others like you) remember the original timeline and you are now unfamiliar with the “new” world. If you have both this and the Chronal Memory Feature, you retain your traits from the original timeline, but remember both.)
PP 16

DEVICES
Nano Armor
Protection 7
Variable descriptor: Any style or color of clothes
PP 7

Sonic Screw Driver (Easily Removable)
Laser Beam: Damage 10 (laser, DC 25; Increased Range: ranged)
Control Technology: Affliction 10 (Alternate; 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Affects Objects Only, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception, selective; Limited: Technology, Limited Degree (third only))
Nullify: Nullify 10 (Alternate; Counters: locks and locked objects, DC 20; Broad)
Sonice Noise: Create 10 (Alternate; Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Limited: sound)
Sound Analysis: Senses 1 (Analytical: Hearing)
PP 14

TARDIS (Nola)
Time Machine - PL 11
Strength 12, Defense -2, Toughness 11, Size Gargantuan
Features:
Autopilot 1 (+4), Communications 1, Computer, Defense System, Dual Size 2 (Large), Habitat, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Self-repairing 1, Intelligent, Summonable 1, Variable Environment, Workshop, hydroponics bay.
Powers
Chameleon Circuit: Morph 2 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Narrow group; Limited: Can only change into objects, plants etc Notes: Can only change into objects, plants etc)
Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Movement: Movement 6 (Space Travel 3: other galaxies)(Time Travel 3: any time. Note: GM has final say over destination/time due to the laws of Fixed points and bad things happening therein should they be violated.))
Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 24 + Advantages 0 + Features 19 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 46

Battle Init
Jabroniville

Re: Kirinke's Oddities

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey Kirinke! Great to see you come on over!
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Thanks, I'll see what I can do about migrating the magical item conversions over as well, probably in a separate thread.

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Well here's the link, viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35#p423.

Battle Init
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Have I ever said how much I love the artwork you select for your builds :D
kirinke

Aleksandra Gavriel - PL 10/180 Power Armor

Post by kirinke »

ABILITIES
0 STR
0 STA
1 DEX
1 AGL
1 FGT
10 INT
2 AWE
4 PRE
PP 38

DEFENSES
1(10) DODGE
1(10) PARRY
0(10) FORT
0(10) TOUGH
4(10) WILL
PP 36

SKILLS
1(10) Acrobatics
0(10) Athletics
10(11) Expertise (Engineering)
10(11) Expertise (Science)
2(10) Insight
4(10) Intimidation
4(10) Perception
4(14) Persuasion
10(14) Technology
2(14) Treatment
PP 20

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 9
Improved Initiative 2
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Luck
Ranged Attack 9
PP 12

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Teamwork
Leadership
Beginner’s Luck
Attractive (Men)

INDEPENDENT POWERS
Babble Ear Bud (Easily Removable Device)
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Machines / Electronics)
PP 8

Flight Boots (Removable Device)
Flight: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
PP 13

Power Armor (Removable Device)
Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
Protection: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
PP 16

Weapon System (Easily Removable)
Mega Cannon: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 20, Increased Range: ranged, Selective)
Heal Pulse: Burst Area Healing 10 (Alternate; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Selective)
Stop That! (Stun): Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range: ranged)
PP 26

OFFENSE
Initiative +9
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 10)
Mega Cannon: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Stop That! (Stun): Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +10 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 15)

LANGUAGES
Russian, English

Battle Init
kirinke

Aislynn Finnigan - Air Bender PL 6/120PP

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn Finnigan - PL 6/120PP
Age 21

BACKSTORY
Before the Merge, the town I grew up in was a rather ordinary Oregon coastal fishing community. My dad worked construction and was involved in the fishing industry, mostly tourist stuff and my mom was a psychologist working for the police department. After the merge, everything went crazy for a while and I found out I developed some rather interesting powers. The local Shaolin priests helped me learn how to control them while I was attending college. I graduated and promptly joined Department of Extradimensional Operations.

COMPLICATIONS
Air Bending Rarity: Like in the show, Air bending is still a relatively rare ability and Aislynn does garner some raised eyebrows to say the least, especially from Ex-dee's hailing from the Avatar Universe. When she does encounter other Air benders, they tend to cling or at least want to keep in touch. The Chinese, Tibetian and Japanese governments are very interested in her.

Motivations
From an early age, Aislynn developed a strong sense of justice, a personal code of honor and an urge to do good, which fit in well with the Buddhist teachings the Shaolin instilled in her. During her off-duty hours, she can often be found at the local temple, practicing and improving her air-bending forms.

ABILITIES
0 STR
6 STA
2 AGL
2 DEX
1 FGT
1 INT
1 AWE
1 PRE
PP 28

DEFENSES
2(6) DODGE
2(6) PARRY
6 FORT
6 TOUGH
1(6) WILL
PP 14

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint
Close Attack 4
Evasion 1
Benefit: Government Agent
Improved Initiative
Ranged Attack 4
Takedown

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Contacts

SKILLS
2(10) Acrobatics
6 Athletics
1(6) Expertise (Police Sciences)
1(6) Insight
1(8) Investigation
1(6) Perception
1(10) Persuasion
1(6) Sleight of Hand
1(7) Stealth
PP 18

INDEPENDENT POWERS
3PP Air Sense: Senses 3 (Awareness: Air, Detect: spirits and ghosts 1, Ranged: Touch)
2PP Air Supply: Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All); Sustained)
12PP Riding the Currents: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
PP 17

AIR BENDING
Air Control: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Selective)
Aerokinesis: Shapeable Area Move Object 6 (Alternate; 3200 lbs.; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Precise, Selective)
Blessings of the Wind: Comprehend 5 (Alternate; Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Spirits - Communicate)
Cleanse The Air: Shapeable Area Nullify 6 (Alternate; Counters: Air Effects (like poison gas), DC 16; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Broad)
Solid Air: Create 6 (Alternate; Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Increased Duration: continuous, Precise)
Wind Snake (Snare): Cumulative Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 16; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
PP 30

Offense
Initiative +6
Aerokinesis: Shapeable Area Move Object 6 (DC 16)
Cleanse The Air: Shapeable Area Nullify 6 (DC Will 16)
Energy Control: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 15)
Wind Snake (Snare): Cumulative Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort/Will 16)

Battle Init
kirinke

Erika Davenport PL 6/120PP Fire Bender

Post by kirinke »

Erika Davenport PL 6/120 Fire Bender

ABILITIES
0 STR
6 STA
2 AGL
2 DEX
2 FGT
0 INT
2 AWE
2 PRE
PP 32

DEFENSES
2(6) DODGE
2(6) PARRY
6 FORT
6 TOUGH
2(6) WILL
PP 12

SKILLS
2(8) Acrobatics
0(6) Athletics
2(6) Deception
0(6) Expertise (Popular Culture)
2(6) Insight
2(6) Intimidation
2(6) Investigation
2(6) Perception
2(9) Persuasion
2(6) Stealth
pp 17

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 4, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 2

INDEPENDENT POWERS
12PP Fire Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
5PP Fire Immunity: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Fire)
1PP Quick Change: Feature 1 (Notes: Transform into costume as a free action)
PP 18

FIRE BENDING POWERS
Fire Control: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Selective)
Create: Create 6 (Alternate; Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Movable)
Fireflash: Cumulative Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cumulative; Limited: Vision)
PP 27

Offense
Initiative +6
Energy Control: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Fireflash: Cumulative Affliction 6, +6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +6 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Languages
English

Battle Init
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Notes on the build
'Dex holders seem to be a cut above normal trainers, even when they're starting out. Given that they will be traveling through some rough country and possibly encountering some equally rough characters, it stands to reason that they will have some extra training that your generic pokemon trainer wouldn't have. As far as being a pokemon trainer and dex holder, it seems to be the equivalent of being a marshal with the old 'a-kicking equals authority' thing going on.

Pokeballs aren't exactly common yet at least not over in the states, so most trainers tend to keep a small team of critters, instead of boxes and boxes of them. In fact, most trainers (in the 'states at least) don't even bother with pokeballs, instead preferring to befriend their critters, rather than catching them.

There are places that are starting up Gyms, especially out in the more remote or sparsely populated regions/areas, mainly for survival purposes against the really bad things that are now out there. Places like Alaska would definitely count as 'remote' and sparsely populated.

The pokemon fighting thing has come up now and again (with organizations like PETA decrying it), but the pokemon themselves have made it quite plain they like it (as it makes them stronger) and it's really ludicrous to think that humans could really make them do anything they didn't want to do. For them, it is a symbiotic partnership built on mutual respect. They'd let their human partner know if they were unhappy with things. So any attempts at stopping it hasn't had much traction or success, though regulating it and putting rules in place (to keep the mayhem to a minimum) have naturally happened. For example to actually become a trainer, you have to take classes and graduate from said classes before you can have a pokemon.

Also, most Pokémon seem to be just as intelligent as humans and some far exceed the intelligence of most humans (Alakazam for example). For these 'starter' Pokémon, I've kept them at average human intelligence.

BACKGROUND
It's a big dangerous world out there for everyone really. When the merge happened, untold numbers of creatures, both dangerous and benign descended on the earth and made it their home, putting everyone at risk, either by design or by accident. In some places, the only way to survive was to ally with powerful creatures called...
Pokémon.

Amaryllis was an ordinary young girl living up in the wild's of Alaska before the merge. Though due to that, she learned a lot on how to survive in the wilds from her family. After the merge, though, monsters began haunting the land and she managed to befriend one. A Pikachu she named Peekaboo. Around the same time, she discovered her own latent psychic abilities awakening and went to seek training for them. When she did, Homeland security approached her.

COMPLICATIONS
KID: Amaryllis is a fourteen year old kid, though a frighteningly competent one with all of the usual complications that go in with that.
WANTED: Not in that way, but pokemon are incredibly powerful creatures and there are any number of bad guys who would like to use her and them for not so good purposes.
RESPONSIBILITY: She knows she has an awful lot of power and Peekaboo is quite powerful as well. With all of that power, she knows she has to be careful not to misuse it or have it misused by others.

ABILITIES
Strength 0, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 2, Awareness 0, Presence 2
PP 26

DEFENSES
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6
PP 14

ADVANTAGES
Benefit: Pokemon Trainer (Dex Holder), Close Attack 5, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 5. Equipment 3
PP 17

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Contacts
Teamwork

SKILLS
1(8) Acrobatics
0(3) Athletics
2(6) Deception
2(8) Expertise: Pokémon
2(8) Expertise: Survival
0(6) Insight
2(6) Intimidation
2(6) Investigation
0(6) Perception
2(6) Persuasion
1(8) Stealth
2(6) Treatment
PP 21

EQUIPMENT
Smartphone. Holy Water, Holy Symbol. Blessed Salt. Multi-Tool. Survival Gear. Folding Bike. Basic Toolkit. Iron Dagger. Silver Dagger.

GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL
12PP Pikachu Electric Pokémon (Peekaboo): Summon 6
12PP Umbreon Dark Pokémon (Alma): Summon 6
PP 24

PSYCHIC POWERS
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
Healing: Healing 6 (Stabilize)
Mental Communication: Mental Communication 3
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16)
Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Precise)
Telekinetic Blast: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
PP 18

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 8)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC Will 16)
Telekinesis: Move Object 6, +6 (DC 16)
Telekinetic Blast: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Throw, +6 (DC 13)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 13)

Languages
English

Dex Entry: Whenever Pikachu comes across something new, it blasts it with a jolt of electricity. If you come across a blackened berry, it's evidence that this Pokémon mistook the intensity of its charge.

Pikachu (Peekaboo) - PL 6

Strength -3, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 3, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+6), Expertise: survival 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 1 (+6)

Powers
Electric Powers
Quick Attack: Damage 6 (DC 21)
Thunder Wave: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)
Thunder: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)
Thundershock: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)
Pikachu Attributes
Animal Senses: Senses 15 (Acute: hearing, Acute: sight, Acute: smell, Analytical: hearing, Analytical: sight, Analytical: smell, Danger Sense: hearing, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: smell 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)
Electrical Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Electrical Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
Shrinking: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size rank; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +13
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 7)
Quick Attack: Damage 6, +1 (DC 21)
Throw, +6 (DC 12)
Thunder Wave: Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort 16)
Thunder: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Thundershock: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 12)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 43 + Advantages 11 + Skills 12 (34 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 90

Dex Entry: With its black fur, it blends into the darkness. It bides its time, and when prey appears, this Pokémon goes for its throat, and then eats it.

Umbreon (Alma) - PL 6

Strength -3, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Athletics 8 (+5), Expertise: survival 6 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
Dark Pulse: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Dying, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged)
Bite 6: Damage 6
Moonlight: Healing 6
Dark Blast 6: Blast 6 DC 21

Umbreon Attributes
Animal Senses: Senses 14 (Acute: sight, Acute: hearing, Acute: scent, Analytical: sight, Analytical: hearing, Analytical: scent, Danger Sense: scent, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: scent 1: x10)
Shrinking: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size rank; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +6
Dark Blast: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Dark Pulse: Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort 16)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 7)
Throw, +6 (DC 12)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 12)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 37 + Advantages 7 + Skills 12 (34 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 90

Battle Init
kirinke

Holly Rosebriar Plant Controller - PL 10/180

Post by kirinke »

ABILITIES
0 STR
10 STA
2 AGL
2 DEX
2 FGT
6 INT
2 AWE
6 PRE
PP 60

DEFENSES
2(10) DODGE
2(10) PARRY
10 FORT
10 TOUGH
6(10) WILL
PP 24

ADVANTAGES
Close Attack 8, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 8
PP 19

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Very Attractive
Connected
Contacts
Leadership
Teamwork

SKILLS
2(10) Acrobatics
6(10) Deception
6(10) Expertise: Botany
6(10) Expertise: Chemistry
6(10) Expertise: Popular Culture/Current Events
6(10) Expertise: Tactics
2(11) Insight
2(10) Perception
2(10) Persuasion
2(10) Stealth
6(10) Technology
6(11) Treatment
PP 22

PLANT CONTROL POWERS
Animate Plants: Summon 10 (Controlled, Type (General): Animate Plants)
Control Plants: Shapeable Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 20, Selective, Subtle: subtle)
Green Thumb: Growth 10 (Alternate; +10 STR, +10 STA, +5 Intimidate, -10 Stealth, -5 active defenses, +2 size ranks, +10 mass ranks, +1 ; Affects Objects)
Internal Flora: Shapeable Area Affliction 9 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 19, Increased Range: ranged, Selective, Subtle: subtle)
Phytotoxin: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Secondary Effect, Selective)
Plant Growth: Create 10 (Alternate; Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Permanent)
Restore Balance: Healing 10 (Alternate; Energizing, Persistent)
Root Digging: Burrowing 10 (Alternate; Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Sap Snare: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, Overcome by Damage, DC 20; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
Tanglevines: Burst Area Affliction 9 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 3: any point in fixed direction or fixed point in any direction, Selective; Limited Degree)
Thorn Whip: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, Impaired, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Multiattack [2 ranks only], Reach (melee) 4: 20 ft.)
Throwing Thorns: Damage 10 (Alternate; piercing, DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
PP 51

INDEPENDENT POWERS
Photosynthesis: Immunity 4 (Environmental Condition: Pressure, Poison, Starvation & Thirst, Suffocation: earth)
PP 4

Battle Init
kirinke

Alice Liddel Dream Warrior PL 09/180

Post by kirinke »

Ah, Alice. We can't go home again. No surprise really. Only a very few find the way, and most of them don't recognize it when they do. Delusions, too, die hard with memory. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Forgetting pain is convenient, remembering it: agonizing. But recovering the truth is worth the suffering and our Wonderland, though damaged, is safe in memory... for now.

BACKGROUND
Alice was once Alicia Lawrence, born into an average family with all of the usual things families do. Birthdays, fights, Christmases filled with toys and too much food. That sort of thing. Alicia herself was obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, and loved the twisted version of American McGee's Alice. So much that she named the family cat Cheshire after the famed cat of same name.

When the merge hit and things went insane, all of these elements and more merged into poor Alicia. In one fell swoop, she became Alice Liddel and Wonderland became.... Real or at least as real as anything else and intertwined with the the Dreaming itself.

In those confused moments, Dream of the Endless came to the girl and asked for her help, for nightmares and things beyond belief were assaulting the Dreaming and he needed all the help he could get. She readily agreed and with the help of both imaginary and real creatures, fought back against the horrors that assailed the Dreaming.

After things settled down somewhat, she became his servant, warrior and emissary into the real world. Lately rumors of nightmares and dream demons haunting San Fransokyo reached them and Dream dispatched Alice to investigate....

COMPLICATIONS
Gestalt Syndrome: Alice is a combination of many different Alices, the most prominent are the American McGee's version and all that implies. She also has a healthy distrust of psychologists and psychiatry in general due to the horrible memories she inherited from that particular Alice.

Responsibility: Alice is one of Dream's chief mouth-pieces, ambassadors and warriors and is generally tasked to act in his behalf when it is impractical for him to be there in person. He can at times also act and speak through her if the situation warrants it. Wonderland is one of the Dreamings hearts and Alice embodies the best and worst of it.

Obsession: Alice is obsessed with all things Alice in wonderland and does not like Jervis Tetch aka the Mad Hatter, who also made it through the Merge. They are rather antagonistic towards each other for obvious reasons. In general if a villain's theme is Alice related, Alice is going to not be happy with them and react accordingly.

Cheshire Cat: The cat himself, the grin without a cat, the cat with too much of a grin. He comes and goes as a cat will, guiding and advising Alice in his own unique manner.

The White Rabbit: Time has not been kind to the Rabbit, he's still as late as ever and quite put out whenever Alice doesn't follow him in a timely manner. The pocket watch ticks and tocks and must be adhered to!

Halloween
The King of Screams and Emperor of Fright is none too pleased with the monsters running around since the Merge. Halloween is supposed to be a night of frights and scares and kids go home safe and alive. Since the Merge, some of the monsters that identify with Halloween have been on a rampage and don't obey the rules. Jack, well he doesn't like that at all and he really doesn't like it when kids get hurt or killed. So with Dream's permission, he has enlisted Alice to help stop those monsters who flaunt his laws.

ABILITIES
0 STR
9 STA
1 DEX
1 AGL
1 FGT
1 INT
1 AWE
1 PRE
PP 30

DEFENSES
1(9) DODGE
1(9) PARRY
0(9) FORT
0(9) TOUGH
1(9) WILL
PP 24

ADVANTAGES
16 Close Attack 8/Ranged Attack 8
01 Luck 1
02 Improved Init x1
PP 19

SKILLS
1(09) POPULAR CULTURE
1(12) PERSUASION
1(09) PERCEPTION
1(12) ACROBATICS
1(09) INVESTIGATION
PP 15

PHYSICAL AND ABILITIES ATTACKS
Pepper Grinder/Blunderbuss: Cloud Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 9)
Ice Wand: Cumulative Affliction 9 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, Overcome by Damage, DC 19; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
Wall of Ice: Create 9 (Volume: 500 cft., DC 19; Limited: Walls)
Jabberwock's Eye Staff: Damage 9 (laser, DC 24; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 9)
Fireball: Burst Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 19, Increased Range: ranged)
Jacks or Playing Cards: Damage 9 (DC 24; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Penetrating 9)
Vorpal Blade: Damage 9 (DC 24; Penetrating 9)
PP 42

UTILITY POWERS
08PP Follow the Rabbit Movement: Movement 3 (Dimensional 3: any dimension, 200 lbs.; Increased Mass 2)
PP 08

MENTAL ABILITIES
Aura Reading: Senses 6 (Awareness: Psychic, Detect: Mood 2: ranged, Detect: Physical Condition 2: ranged, Darkvision)
Butterfly Dodge: Leaping 9 (Leap 0.5 miles at 250 miles/hour in 6 seconds)/Grasshopper Tea: Speed 9 (Speed: 1000 miles/hour, 2 miles/round)
Comprehend: Comprehend 6 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Spirits - Communicate)
Dream Control: Illusion 9 (Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 500 cft., DC 19; Limited: Sleeping Subjects, Limited to Minds) Linked, Detect: Incorporeal Entities 2
Dream Dissipation: Nullify 9 (Counters: Dream Powers, DC 19; Simultaneous)
PP 42
Last edited by kirinke on Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

Battle Init
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Nice idea, I might have to dug out one of my oldest builds which was very close in scope to your Alice.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It's hopefully a submission for a game. :)
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init