Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Bladewind »

Green Lion
PL11/ 195 PP

Abilities
Strength 12,
Stamina NA
Agility 3,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 4,
Intellect NA
Awareness 0,
Presence NA

Powers
Voltron Lion: (27 points)
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Absent Intellect: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Base Toughness Adjustment: Protection 5,
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
Armor Plating: Protection 2,
Size (65'6”): Growth 12 [Permanent; Innate]
Movement Types: (29 points)
Atmospheric Flight: Flight 13
Alt: Space Flight: Movement 2
Alt: Land Speed: Speed 9
Alt: Burrowing: Burrow 8 [Penetrating]
Cockpit: (17 points)
3 passengers/ Co-Pilot: Feature 2 [Feature: Autopilot (12 Ranks Enhanced Pilot, Limited to Red Lion)],
Cockpit Life Support: Immunity 10 [Burst Area; Limited to Affect Others, Limited to those inside the cockpit],
Pilot Interface: Feature 2 [Use Pilot's (Or Copilot's) Dexterity and Intellect for all appropriate rolls]

Green Lion Features: (57 points)
Sonic Immunity: Immunity 20 [(Sonic and Vibratory Effects)], Acidic and Corrosive Immunity: Immunity 10 [Feature 1: Shed dust and dirt at will], Precision Laser: Damage 11 [Ranged; Precise]
Alt: Sonic Canon: Damage 11 [Line Area 2; Distracting]
Alt: Cloaking Device: Concealment 10 [Selective; Move Action]
Alt: Molecular Phasing: Insubstantial 4 [(Dodge DC 10 + RK for half damage); Cone Area 2 (60 foot length)]

Equipment

Advantages
Equipment 8 [Sensor Array],
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation],
Accurate Attack,
Defensive Attack,
Eidetic Memory,
Improved Initiative 2,
Favored Environment [Jungle],
Improved Defense,
Skill Mastery [Stealth]

Skills
Athletics (+12),
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+9),
Deception (+-5),
Insight (+0),
Intimidation 1 (+19),
Perception 15 (+15),
Persuasion (+-5),
Stealth 18 (+21)

Offense
Initiative +11
Unarmed +9, Damage 13
Magma Blast +0, Damage 11, Uses Pilot's Vehicles skill as an attack roll

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 14 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude NA,
Will NA

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 130 + Advantages 17 + Skills 13 + Defenses 21 = Total 195

Complications
As Pilot

Design Notes
:arrow: Cosmic Merge House Rules; PL 120/180, PL 11/195, PL 13/165. Skills 3:1, Will = Pre+Awe+Ranks
:arrow: Continuing with the lions, the Green Lion is also undiscovered, resting in the lush jungles of Venus hidden from all but the most determined of adventurers.
:arrow: I need to go back to all four lions and stat their sensory array... I envision Green Lion having the best sensory array.
:arrow: There are some non-canon abilities in this build, but this is my version of Voltron so... 8-) (Great thing about the Merge Setting is there could easily be another version of Voltron with or without a specific version of the Voltron Force/ Space Explorers/ Paladins...
:arrow: Contenders for pilot... I have a few ideas in mind, keeping in mind that while Sonya Gomez is my "replacement" for Pidge, I have her in the Red Lion but I don't want to mix and match pilots with the exception of envisioning John Sheppard taking over Black Lion. So she's not transferring to Green. In the end, I'm undecided, despite my posts saying I want to post these already knowing where they are and who will be their pilots... But that's what makes this little project so much fun. Here are some of my thoughts...
  • Marissa Fairborne.
  • A version of Anika Hansen or Hikaru Sulu, but I have my Star Trek presence (and group engineer...) in Lt Cmdr Gomez.
  • An Autobot OC based on an image by f-for-feasant, an Autobot Comm-Mech called Bandwidth (in my eyes, a Human sized version of Blaster).
  • An Autobot version of Laserbeak from the TF movies
  • Captain Adora Glenn. Yes. That Adora, no Sword of Protection. Crash landed on Venus, wearing Horde Armor... uphill battle to prove herself...
  • Hera Syndulla (Star Wars, Rebels)
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

A friend had a robot dog that looked something like Green Lion.

Except it wasn't green. Or a lion. Or had claws. But, similar other than those things! He was quite tough and all silvery!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lt Cmdr Sonya Gomez
PL6

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 3,
Presence 1

Powers
Starfleet Engineer: (5 points)
Number Cruncher: Quickness 6 [Limited to Mathematical Tasks],
Speed Reader: Quickness 3 [Limited to Reading],
At a Glance: Senses 1 [Rapid Vision],
Interface: Comprehend 1 [(Machines); Check Required (Technology) DC 11]
Starfleet Standard Issue Equipment: (27 points)
Tricorder: Variable 2 [Limited to senses involving detection and analysis; Removable (-2), Equipment 1 (Audio Recorder, Data Recorder 2, Computer, Lock Release Gun)],
Communications Badge: Communication 5 [Removale (-4)]
Phaser: (12 points)
Removable (-4 points)
Phaser (Damage): Damage 7 [Ranged]
Alt: Phaser (Stun): Affliction 7 [Resisted and Overcome by Fort: Dazed and Hindered/ Disabled and Stunned; Ranged, Extra Condition; Limited Degree]
Alt: Phaser (Melt): Weaken 7 [(Toughness); Ranged, Affects Objects Only; Objects must be repaired]

Advantages
Assessment,
Beginner's Luck,
Improvised Tools
Inventor,
Skill Mastery [Science],
Skill Mastery [Technology],
Jack-of-All-Trades,
Accurate Attack,
Defensive Attack
Improved Disarm,
Improved Grab,
Improved Trip

Skills
Acrobatics (+2),
Athletics (+0),
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6),
Deception 2 (+3),
Expertise: Science 6 (+10),
Expertise: Star Drives 4 (+8), ,
Expertise (+4),
Insight (+3),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 2 (+6),
Perception 6 (+9),
Persuasion (+1)
Ranged Combat: Phaser 2 (+5),
Sleight of Hand 5 (+8),
Stealth (+2), Technology 9 (+13),
Treatment (+4),
Vehicles 3 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +6, Damage 0, Judo
Phaser +5, Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 7
Toughness 2 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 4,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 44 + Advantages 11 + Skills 14 + Defenses 13 = Total 120

Complications
Reputation – Clumsy (She spilled hot chocolate on Captain Picard the first time she met him...)

Design Notes
:arrow: Need to flesh out complications, but I chose Sonya Gomez as the eventual pilot of my Red Lion. She will discover it somewhere in Vulcan's Forge on Vulcan.
:arrow: Cross between Agents of Freedom at PL 6 instead of 5 (20 pts/ level) and the Merge creation rules (Skills at 3:1, Presence Advantages).
:arrow: This build, and the one coming up next are a reason I don't like the Innate modifier. I have powers in the build that are talents and can't really be negated as such (similarly IMO to a character with Growth whose descriptor is always on and is Permanent.)
:arrow: I made the Tricorder a Variable Sense power. And that's becoming my freaking trademark despite my dislike of Variable. I don't think the Tricorder's scanning abilities are well represented by equipment. This way there is a potential 10 ranks of senses as opposed to 55 if I convert that to equipment. Becomes Tomayto Tomahto at that point.
:arrow: The Phaser could probably have a few more settings, but points ran out in my self imposed total.
:arrow: Speaking of points, I could probably get a few more by limiting the Communicator somewhat, but I prefer to limit it by descriptor.
:arrow: I am forgoing Benefit: Rank on these builds. It's setting specific and largely moot with where I am going with it.
:arrow: Although she pilots Red, Gomez takes Pidge's place on the team.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 07, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Marissa Fairborn (Adora of House Randor)
PL6/ 120 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 3,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 3,
Presence 2

Powers
Natural Abilities: (16 points)
Established Identity: Enhanced Trait 4 [12 ranks Deception (Limited to passing as Marissa Fairborn)],
Pressure Points: Affliction 7 [Resisted and Overcome by Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated]
, Unfazeable: Immunity 5 [(Interaction Skills)], At a Glance: Senses 1 [Rapid Vision],
Light Sleeper: Feature 1 [(Ignore hearing penalties for sleeping)]

Equipment

Advantages
Assessment,
Benefit 1 [Established Identity],
Defensive Roll 1,
Equipment 5,
Improved Initiative 1,
Luck 2
Skill Mastery [Tactics]
Skill Mastery [Vehicles],
Defensive Attack,
Evasion 1,
Grabbing Finesse,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold,
Improved Trip,
Uncanny Dodge,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Hold,
Power Attack,
Attractive 1

Skills
Athletics 4 (+6),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Tactics 6 (+9),
Expertise: Mechanics 2 (+5),
Insight 5 (+8),
Intimidation 6 (+8),
Investigation 2 (+5),
Perception 6 (+9),
Persuasion (+2),
Ranged Combat: Handguns 3 (+6),
Ranged Combat: Rifles 3 (+6),
Stealth 5 (+7),
Technology 6 (+9),
Treatment 1 (+4),
Vehicles 11 (+14)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +5, Damage 2, Pressure Points, Aikido, Krav Maga

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 6
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude 5,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 16 + Advantages 25 + Skills 20 + Defenses 13 = Total 120

Complications
Secret – Identity. Marissa is actually Force Captain Adora. Just prior to the events of Secret of the Sword on her world, she escaped the Horde...
Conflicted – Stolen as a baby, raised by the Horde,, Marissa/ Adora wants nothing more than to be her own person and find her own way.
Destiny – She-Ra... Princess of Power... (If that video on YouTube is to be believed..)
Motivation: Redemption: As Force Captain Adora, she was responsible (however indirectly) for atrocities against the Etherian people. She seeks to make amends, regardless of where she is.

Design Notes
:arrow: Another cross between Agents of Freedom at PL 6 instead of 5 (20 pts/ level) and the Merge creation rules (Skills at 3:1, Presence Advantages).
:arrow: Fairborn is my intended pilot for the Green Lion, which she will discover in the Jungles of Venus...
:arrow: I am thinking of writing a background for this one, even though most of my Merge backgrounds are easily summed up by saying "such and such a character modified in so and so way."
:arrow: Short version... Fairborn crashes and dies on Venus and Adora eventually does too. This version of Adora rebelled against the Horde on her own, before Adam/He-Man could find her... She discovers Fairborn's crash site and in an ironic twist of the Merge, looks a heckuva lot like her. She takes Fairborn's identity and attempts to get to Earth...
:arrow: Not really intending to make Afterburner to go with her...
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 07, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Colonel John Sheppard
PL 6/ 120 PP

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 3,
Agility 7,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 2

Powers
Advanced Training: (8 points)
Daredevil: Luck Control 2,
Situational Awareness: Senses 1 [(Visual Danger Sense)],
Light Sleeper: Feature 1 [(Ignore hearing penalties for sleeping)]

Equipment

Advantages
Benefit 3 [ATA Gene – 1 Rank provides access, each additional provides 1 PP worth of Vehicles or Technology as it applies to Ancient Tech],
All-Out Attack,
Equipment 5,
Improved Aim,
Improved Critical 1 [19-20 with a rifle],
Improved Smash,
Inspire 2,
Leadership,
Precise Attack 1 [Ranged Cover]
Startle,
Defensive Roll 1,
Luck 4,
Accurate Attack,
Assessment,
Defensive Attack,
Improved Defense
, Power Attack,
Takedown 2,
Favored Foe [Wraith],
Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7),
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+9),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Tactics 7 (+8),
Expertise: Current Events 3 (+4),
Insight 9 (+10),
Intimidation 4 (+6),
Investigation 2 (+3),
Perception (+1),
Persuasion 6 (+8),
Ranged Combat: Firearms 3 (+7),
Stealth 7 (+14),
Technology 4 (+5),
Treatment 1 (+2),
Vehicles 6 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed +9, Damage 3
Guns +7, Damage

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 7
Toughness 4 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude 7,
Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 8 + Advantages 29 + Skills 20 + Defenses 11 = Total 120

Complications

Design Notes
:arrow: Another cross between Agents of Freedom at PL 6 instead of 5 (20 pts/ level) and the Merge creation rules (Skills at 3:1, Presence Advantages).
:arrow: Sheppard is intended to be the pilot and team leader of my Merge Universe Voltron Squad. I have him starting as the pilot of Blue Lion and when the Black Lion is found, taking the helm there.
:arrow: As with the previous two builds/ pilots - no points spent on Benefit (Rank, or Head of Security for Atlantis) as I feel they are not relevant to the build or character's story at this point.
:arrow: I actually see forming Voltron as a Summon Effect (see the Power Profiles: Gestalt Power) that they would split between them. As such, they will need to gain at least one Power Point each in play, and apply it as an Alternate Effect on one of their Lion's weapons... In this way, any pilot who becomes part of the Voltron Force has to learn how to form Voltron if the other pilot is not available... (For instance, as Blue Lion Pilot, Sheppard spends a PP of his own to learn how to form Voltron. A cadet replaces him on the team, but he remains as an advisor, and thus his invested PP remains. If Sheppard leaves the series in a more permanent fashion, his invested PP goes with him and the cadet needs to spend a PP in order to learn to form Voltron for himself. Likewise, that PP reverts to the original pilot if the new pilot invests a PP.)
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Tranzor Z
PL11/ 165 PP

Abilities
Strength 16,
Stamina NA,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 4,
Intellect NA
Awareness 1,
Presence NA

Powers
Mech Unit: (50 points)
Colossal Size: Growth 16 [(122'4” Tall); Permanent; Innate],
Base Toughness: Protection 5,
Absent Intellect: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Super Alloy Z Plating: Feature 16 [Impervious Toughness],
Fort Immunity: Immunity 30, Strength for Intimidation: Feature 1
Weapon Systems: (29 points)
Atomic Beam: Damage 13 [Ranged; Heat, Radiation]
Alt: Rocket Fists: Damage 13 [Ranged; Bludgeoning]
Alt: Breast Fire: Damage 13 [Ranged, Penetrating; Distracting]
Alt: Hurricane Winds: Affliction 13 [Resisted and Overcome by Reflex – Stunned/ Incapacitated; Line Area 2, Concentration; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree]
Movement Modes: (30 points)
Hovercraft: Summon 7 [Heroic; Side Effect – Mech Unit is inert while Hover Craft is not connected]
Alt: Scrambler Unit: Flight 10 [Wings; Linked Wing Damage 14, Limited to Flyby Attacks, Move-by Attack, Activation -2]
Alt: Jump Jets: Leaping 8 [(1 Mile)]

Equipment
Sensor Array
Heads Up Display: Feature ,
Radio Communication: Communication 3,
Extended Vision: Senses 5 [Extended Vision, Radar],
Visual Spectrum: Senses 4 [Darkvision, Infravision, Low-Light Vision],
GPS: Senses 2 [Direction, Distance Sense],
Polarized Cockpit: Immunity 7 [Sensory Afflictions, Bright Light Effects]

Advantages
Equipment 6 [Sensor Array],
Instant Up,
Power Attack,
All-Out Attack,
Improved Aim,
Improved Initiative 1,
Improved Smash

Skills
Athletics (+16),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation (+24),
Perception (+1),
Persuasion (+-5),

Offense
Initiative +6

Defense
Dodge 6
Parry 6
Toughness 16 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 11,
Will 1

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 109 + Advantages 12 + Skills 0 + Defenses 22 = Total 165

Complications
As Pilot
Collateral Damage - Damage is just going to happen when bots of this size deploy.

Design Notes
:arrow: Another Merge build. Iwanted to set up to eventually build Voltron (combined) so started a little simpler.
:arrow: So; PL 11/165, Skills 1:3 Here's where there might be a hiccough in the Presence bonus. if Presence gives 1 bonus social advantage pre rank, shouldn't a negative Presence take one away? (Positive Presence is essentially 1 Pt per rank but you have to spend 1 pt per rank of Presence on Social advantages.) Either way, I gave him back 2 pts per rank of Presence.
:arrow: Needs a Pilot for all attacks, contrary to my Voltron Lions, I did not include a Feature that uses the pilot's traits.
:arrow: The Hover Craft essentially leaves the main Mecha inert, so I am comfortable with having it be the base power of the movement array. Note that the Hovercraft will also be built as a Construct and will also have EP with the same Senses.
:arrow: Things like Environmental Immunity were left off as every description RAW of vehicles and mecha suggest that the pilot benefits from logical immunities.
:arrow: I toyed with making the Scrambler Unit a minion (Summon) but figured that for what it does, Flight is essentially enough. To simulate Summoning the unit and linking with it, I gave it an Activation Flat Flaw.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ice (Robert Drake)
PL6

Abilities
Strength 1,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 1,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 1,
Presence 1

Powers
Men In Black Gear: (30 points)
The Suit: Protection 5 [Removable],
Sunglasses: Immunity 10 [Dazzle Effects, Sense (Visual) Dependent Effects; Easily Removable (-2)],
Flashy Thingy: Affliction 8 [Will (Dazed/ Compelled/ Memories Transformed); Burst Area; Sense Dependent ; Easily Removable (-2)],
Omni-Card: Control Technology: Affliction 6 [Overcome by Technology Skill; Limited – Third Degree Only, Limited to devices that require bar code, chip or magnetic card interface;
Fake ID (Morph 2 – Any ID), Benefit: Status/ Rank 2. Easily Removable (-2),]
Lawgiver: (20 points)
Removable (-5 points)
Blaster: Damage 7 [Ranged; Variable Descriptor (Any Ballistic)], Heat Seeker (6 points)
Alt: Secondary Effect (Fire/ Flame) (1 points)
Alt: Armor Piercing (1 points)
Alt: Ricochet/ Flare (1 points)
Alt: High Explosive: Feature 7 [Burst Area on Blast; Voice Activation (Move Action)]

Equipment
Standard Equipment
Smart Phone (Phone, Audio Recorder, Camera, Computer, GPS) (6 ep),
Watch (Time Sense) (1 ep),
Brass Knuckles (Strength Based Damage 1) (1 ep),
Watch (Time Sense) (1 ep),
Handcuffs (1 ep)

Advantages
Equipment 2,
Close Attack 2,
Connected,
Ranged Attack 3,
Accurate Attack,
Defensive Attack,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold, I
mproved Trip,
Contacts,
Improvised Tools
Well-Informed,

Skills
Athletics 2 (+3),
Deception 8 (+9),
Expertise: Current Events 1 (+1),
Expertise: Streetwise 2 (+2),
Expertise: Tactics 5 (+5),
Insight (+1), Intimidation 4 (+5), Investigation 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Lawgiver 1 (+5), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+3), Treatment 1 (+1), Vehicles 9 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +6, Damage 1, (Judo)
Lawgiver +5, Damage 7
Unarmed (Brass Knuckles) +6, Damage 2
Ranged Weapons +4, Damage

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 5
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 6,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 50 + Advantages 16 + Skills 17 + Defenses 13 = Total 120

Complications
TBD

Design Notes
:arrow: Designed for Neo-Paladin's latest installment in the Merge Universe, Agents and Powers.
:arrow: PL 7/105 PP (or PL 6/120, PL 8/ 90), Skills 3:1, Presence Ranks yield Social Advantages
:arrow: Based loosely on a Spycraft game I once played in, and I used a naming convention for him... all agents in addition to callsigns, had new identities. Something like the MiB movies reducing the characters to letters for names, these characters had new names. I had in mind a squad some buddies and I had created back in the day where we were all agents with the names and callsigns of the five core X-Men.
:arrow: The Suit is a morphing garment that provides protection, but can essentially reconfigure at will.
:arrow: Omni Cards are various cards and id formats that can pull cash from an ATM, pay credit card bills, look like Police, Federal Agent, Passport or any other ID...
:arrow: Background and complications to follow.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

T-800/ Tim Connor
PL6/ 120

Abilities
Strength 6,
Stamina NA
Agility 3,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 1,
Presence -1

Powers
Endoskeleton: (46 points)
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
Armored: Protection 6,
Bulletproof: Immunity 5, (Quirk: Limited to Small Arms Fire)
Reinforced Servo Motors: Enhanced Strength 6
Alt: Sleeper Hold: Affliction 6 [Resisted/ Overcome by Fort (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated); Progressive; Grab Based]
Increased Mass: Feature 2
Vocal Mimicry: Auditory Illusion 1
Cybernetic Organism: (13 points)
Unfazeable: Immunity 5 [(Interaction Skills)],
Regenerating Synthetic Skin: Feature 1,
Interface: Comprehend 1 [(Machines)],
Machine Mind: Immunity 10 [(Immune to Mental Powers, Limited: can be reprogrammed)]

Equipment
Arsenal
Grenade: Damage 5 [Burst Area; Reach 2 (10 ft)]
Alt: Shotgun: Damage 5 [Ranged; (AE: Ranged Damage 5, Accurate, Dangerous, 2 Ranks Limited to targets without Protection)]
Alt: Heavy Pistol/ Rifle: Damage 4 [Ranged]
Alt: Submachine Gun: Damage 5 [Ranged; Multi-Attack]
Alternate Ammo: Feature 2 [Explosive (Improved Critical), ; Stun (Ranged Affliction 5 (Overcome by Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated)]Cybernetic Enhancements
Direction, Darkvision, Infravision, Extended Vision 2, Rapid Vision 2: Senses 8

Advantages
Equipment 5,
Defensive Roll 1,
Jack-of-All-Trades,
Beginner's Luck,
Power Attack,
Close Attack 1,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Improved Hold,
Eidetic Memory,
Benefit 1 [Strength for Intimidation],
Interpose

Skills
Acrobatics (+3),
Athletics (+6),
Deception (-1),
Expertise (+2),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation 2 (+8),
Investigation (+2),
Perception 5 (+6),
Persuasion (+-1),
Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+7),
Sleight of Hand (+3),
Stealth (+3),
Technology 7 (+9),
Treatment 2 (+4),
Vehicles 7 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +6, Damage 6
Firearms +7, Damage 5 (or less)

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 5
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude NA
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 59 + Advantages 16 + Skills 9 + Defenses 10 = Total 120

Complications
Vulnerable – Magnetics. Take an extra degree of failure against all magnetic attacks
Primary Objective – The Terminator is programmed with a mission and won't deviate from it.
Explosive Power Cell – If damaged, the Terminator's power cells have the power of a smal Nuke
Almost Human – Animals re uneasy around the presence of a Terminator and will become agitaged, drawing attention to its presence

Design Notes
:arrow: Wow. First draft of a build and it had Complications !
:arrow: My Submission (unless inspiration really hits me hard...) for Neopaladin's Agents and Powers game. (Skills are 3:1)
:arrow: I tried for PL 8/ 90 pts and pretty much succeeded but had no equipment and was pretty much a brick - as in the brick one uses to build a house. Pl 7/ 105 almost had it, but had to go for PL 6/120 to get what I wanted... I imagine him giving trouble to the police, swat and soldier types listed in the various books as minions though.
:arrow: The thing that may stand out is his senses... there is nothing Earth-Shatteringly powerful in there though.
:arrow: The Arsenal is built with standard equipment, which means out of ammo = no hero point. I made them AP of each other as he can only use one at a time.
:arrow: Immunity to Mental Effects is flawed as he can be reprogrammed by someone with sufficient tech powers or abilities.
:arrow: Need a name... Arnold seemed to cheesy... Uncle Bob? Pops? One of Arnie's sons? Went with Richard Connor but changed that to Tim. I like the nod to Connor (whoever reprogrammed it and gave it an identity has a sense of humor or is a Terminator fan... the Tim part is semi-nod to T-800.. essentially a name that starts with T and sounds reasonably good paired with Connor...)
:arrow: Some of the things that got left on the assembly line floor were various skills, the HUD that he is shown to see and the language databanks that he chooses vernacular from... with the exception of the skills, most of that is flavor and descriptor. The skills are accounted for with Jack of All Trades and Beginner's Luck.
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sophia
PL7

Abilities
Strength 5,
Stamina 3,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 1,
Presence 0

Powers
Gargoyle Traits: (12 points)
Wings: Flight 4 [Wings; Quirk - Gliding],
Low-Light Vision: Senses 1,
Strong Legs: Leaping 1 [15 Feet],
Stone Sleep: Regeneration 4, (limited to during the day, while in stone form)
Tail: Extra Limbs 1,
Claws (3 points)
Alt: Wall Crawling: Movement 2
Technomancer: (2 points)
Tech Savant: Comprehend 2 [Comprehend Machines; Distracting]

Equipment
Melee Weapons (9 EP)
Throwing Axe: Damage 2 [Strength Based; Ranged (7), Diminished Range (5/10/25), Dangerous]
AP: Melee Axe: Damage 3 [Strength Based; Breaking, Dangerous, Split]

Advantages
Improved Grab,
Equipment 2,
Inventor,
Great Endurance,
Improved Critical 1 [19-20 Unarmed Crit Range],
Improved Hold,
Power Attack,
Well-Informed,
Defensive Roll 2
Jack of All Trades
Beginner's Luck

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+9),
Athletics 3 (+8),
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8),
Deception (+0),
Expertise: Science 4 (+6),
Insight 4 (+6),
Intimidation 2 (+2),
Investigation 4 (+6),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion (+0),
Ranged Combat: Throwing Axe 4 (+7),
Stealth 4 (+7),
Technology 8 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +8, Damage 5
Axe (Thrown) +7, Damage 7 (Dangerous)
Axe (Melee) +6, Damage 8 (Split, Dangerous, Breaking)

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 5,
Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 14 + Advantages 12 + Skills 15 + Defenses 13 = Total 100

Complications
Involuntary Transformation - Stone by Day - All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation"" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues.
Prejudice (Monster) - Gargoyles are very frightening to human beings.
Bond of Honor - Once given, her word is her bond and she will not break a promise.
Nightmares - Sophia has nightmares on occasion of the destruction of Castle Wyvern and the clan, sometimes those nightmares cause distress during her waking hours.

Design Notes
  • A character originally for Miss Ro`s Gargoyles: Children of Avalon game on the "other boards". Working on updating it as a potential character in NeoPaladin's Merge Universe (Specifically his Agents and Powers portion of that world). (Skills 3:1, free Social Advantage/ Rank of Presence)
  • I went with something along the lines of Lexington in that she had an intuitive grasp of technology and can figure it out far more quickly than should be possible.
  • Names were to follow an angelic them, so I decided on Sophia, an angel of Wisdom.
  • Voice Actress: Jena Malone
  • As Batgirl III pointed out in her thread, it draws heavily on work done by Jabroniville to stat up heroes from the children's cartoon of the 90s.
  • Outside a Gargoyles game, this build would get really boring really fast... not being active during the day would seriously crimp a player... but the spell that made Demona human by day...

Background:

This character was hatched on Avalon, her egg and many others saved by Kathryn when castle Wyvern was attacked...

Sophia is named for an angel of wisdom. When Kathryn named the newly hatched gargoyle, she had immediately noted the colorings and markings that identified the newborn as the child of the former leader of the Wyvern Clan gargoyles. She had no way of knowing that said gargoyle had survived and would eventually come to be known as Hudson, and it mattered little at the time. Sophia was to be groomed to fill a role much like that of her father... a leader among gargoyles if not their leader proper.

Sophia grew up with Angela and the others in the rookery, but while Angela and many of the others were peaceful and contemplative, Sophia was plagued by nightmares. This produced not a violent streak as such, but a predisposition to a stronger interest in all things martial than many of her siblings.

Sophia would eventually learn that perhaps some of the reasoning behind her nightmares is that her egg was the eldest among those recovered but was very nearly lost, pinned and nearly pierced by debris from the fallen castle. She still has those nightmares to this day, and the katas she has developed to practice her use of her axes is a release that provides solace if not relief. The other focus that she has found is an almost inexplicable fascination and understanding of technology. Although she can't develop a computer on Avalon, given exposure she will rapidly understand technology and be able to duplicate it or make variations.

In direct juxtaposition to this darkness that plagues her, Sophia fills a special role on Avalon. The clan has always patrolled and protected the island, but ever since agreeing to peace with Oberon and being appointed his official honour guard, patrol and guard appointments have taken on a new weight. Sophia is currently the clan's third after Gabriel and Ophelia.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bladewind wrote:Image
Sophia
PL7

Design Notes
  • A character originally for Miss Ro`s Gargoyles: Children of Avalon game on the "other boards". Working on updating it as a potential character in NeoPaladin's Merge Universe (Specifically his Agents and Powers portion of that world). (Skills 3:1, free Social Advantage/ Rank of Presence)
  • I went with something along the lines of Lexington in that she had an intuitive grasp of technology and can figure it out far more quickly than should be possible.
Cool! It was neat seeing my old Gargoyle Template being put to good use for that game. Did the game ever get off the ground? I remember looking it up, but it seemed to only reach the "we're creating characters" stage. I haven't seen hide nor hair of Miss Ro, either- I PM'd her right around "The Incident", but she's been absent from either forum.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sadly, we only got as far as intros. I don't recall the characters ever meeting each other IC.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

You have some really cool builds in your thread....

I am eagerly following your Voltron builds. It's like a flashback to my childhood..... with a twist.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thank you !

With the exception of Red so far, I've placed the Voltron Lions throughout our solar system for the setting. (Well, on two planets...) Not really playable as I predetermined who pilots what, but fun nonetheless.

As soon as I figure out where to put the Black Lion, I will stat him up. I have an idea or two, but I'm trying to limit the cheese factor.

I'm still using an old trick I used for Transformers builds. I searched online for statistics on the Lions (go figure, not that hard to find where someone actually posted length, height, weight...). I use the weight. Plugging the weight into the Ranks and Measurements table, I determined its Mass Rank which is then its Growth Rank, divided by four and... Size Rank.

It actually works out for just about everything out there. Cars, Semis, Boats... I would imagine on the higher end of things it'll get wonky, but I have given up trying to stat a playable (regardless of PL) version of Sky Lynx... :lol:
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Princess Allura
PL8

Abilities
Strength 6,
Stamina 5,
Agility 7,
Dexterity 5,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 6,
Presence 4

Powers
Altean Royalty: (22 points)
Ancient Blood: Feature 1 [Can activate and use technology from the Stargate Universe],
Long Lived: Immunity 1 [(Aging)],
Unfazeable: Immunity 5 [Interaction Skills],
Hands as Weapons: Feature 1 [Always Consider Armed],
Mimic: Morph 3 [Humanoids]
Combat Training: (33 points)
Esoteric Fighting Style: Feature 1,
Hands as Weapons: Feature 1 [Always Consider Armed],
Perfect Defense: Immunity 60 [Attacks targeting Dodge and Parry; Concentration]
Alt: Analyze Style: Affliction 10 [Resisted and Overcome by Will; Vulnerable, Defenseless; Perception Ranged; Limited to Your Attacks, Limited Degree; Insidious, Subtle]

Equipment

Advantages
Defensive Attack,
Evasion 1,
Fast Grab,
Grabbing Finesse,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold,
Improved Smash,
Improved Trip,
All-Out Attack,
Chokehold,
Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm,
Power Attack,
Assessment,
Equipment 7,
Fearless,
Inspire 3,
Leadership,
Defensive Roll 3,
Close Attack 2,
Luck 1

Skills
Acrobatics (+7),
Athletics 2 (+8),
Deception 4 (+8),
Expertise: Altean Castleship 4 (+9),
Expertise: Voltron 2 (+7),
Expertise (+5),
Insight 4 (+10),
Intimidation 2 (+6),
Investigation 2 (+7),
Perception 5 (+11),
Persuasion 10 (+14),
Sleight of Hand (+5),
Stealth 4 (+11),
Technology 8 (+13),
Treatment 4 (+9),
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Offense
Initiative +7
Unarmed +10, Damage 6, Crit 19-20 (Aikido, Krav Maga – Esoteric Style)

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 8
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 3),
Fortitude 6,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 92 + Powers 56 + Advantages 28 + Skills 18 + Defenses 6 = Total 200

Complications
Responsibility and Duty - Allura is a princess and keeper of the Castle of Lions. She will do what she must to protect the universe.
Last Daughter - Allura is the last of her kind, in any universe...

Design Notes
:arrow: More Merge inspiration. In this case, not set to a particular game format, but if I had to. PL 9/180 - 8/200 - 10-160. Skills as 3:1. Bonus Advantage per rank of Presence
:arrow: I have a bad habit of not providing equipment even though I give ranks... In this case, I'm okay with that. I would not actually charge her for the Castle of Lions (as Equipment or a Device), and anything else she might need should be available. Ranks in EP are simply what she carries at any given moment.
:arrow: So I posted this one because I finally figured out what I want to do with the Black Lion. Despite this Allura being more of a Legendary Defender variation, I do envision more a Voltron Force version of Voltron (as evidenced by the pics for the Lions.)
:arrow: This build is Wiki-fueled, and made more to fit my chosen PL than be a representation of her in her "native environment as it were."
:arrow: I view Altean tech and Lantean tech to be very similar (essentially they are comparable to each other, so the ATA Gene would activate Altean tech and a person with the Altean version will be able to active Ancient Tech).
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.