BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Allegiance: Afterburner

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 am Neat stuff- the whole "Superhero as Celebrity" thing is something that comics doesn't always focus on as much as it should- there's a LOT of potentially interesting stuff there. Paparazzi, keeping up with fame, dating publicly and trying to keep your name in the news (remember when Ryan Seacrest & Teri Hatcher were "dating" because both had projects in the works?), etc. The Fantastic Four never was able to capture that, even with Johnny (a close comparison to this guy, actually).
"Superhero as Celebrity" is a recurring theme I'm focusing on for my setting. The popularity/unpopularity of certain characters, their status in the social tiers of the world in general and the superhero/villain scene, and the way it shapes character relationships and motivations. I imagine a lot of stories outside of Thunder Woman's sphere of existence will be driven more by the sort of inter-societal politics of being a superhero/villain and all the drama/intrigue of that stuff, with any of the more typical superhero story stuff being a consequence. It's not exactly new stuff (see "Noble Causes," one of the influences on the Extraordinary Mythos), but I hope to expound on it on a much larger and more comprehensive scale than done before elsewhere.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Allegiance: Blacksmith

Post by bsdigitalq »

Just reposting this so it doesn't get left behind on the previous page.
bsdigitalq wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:36 pm Image

BLACKSMITH (Bashir Manassa)
PL 12 (230)
STRENGTH
11/3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise: Engineering 10 (+17)
Expertise: Magic 2 (+9/+17)
Expertise: Science 6 (+13)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 2 (+9)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat: Hammer of Vulcan 2 (+10)
Technology 8 (+15)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Allegiance Member), Close Attack 3, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages (Arabic, English), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery 3 (Expertise: Engineering, Expertise: Science, Technology), Teamwork

Powers: 
“Blacksmith Armor” (Removable, Feature: Quick Change) [50]
Enhanced Strength 8 (16)
Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
Immunity 8 (Disease, Environmental Conditions- All, Poison, Suffocation- All) (8)
Power-lifting 1 (1)
Protection 10 (Impervious 10) (20)

“Hammer of Vulcan” (Easily Removable) [52]
Enhanced Trait 7 (Expertise: Magic +8; Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic) (7)
“Alchemy” Transform 12 (Nonliving to Nonliving) (Extras: Increased Duration, Increased Mass 3: 12 tons, Increased Range) (75) – (81)
  • AE: “Alchemic Creations” Create 12 (4000 cft.) (Extras: Continuous Duration, Impervious, Movable) (60)
  • AE: “Alchemic Blast” Blast 14 (Extra: Penetrating 10) (38)
  • AE: “Alchemic Fire” Blast 12 (Extra: Area- 250 cft. Shapeable +4) (72)
  • AE: “Alchemic Trap” Snare 14 (Extra: Reversible) (43)
  • AE: “Hammer Strike” Damage 14 (Extra: Penetrating 10) (24)
  • AE: “Alchemic Deconstruction” Weaken Toughness 14 (Resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Affects Objects Only, Concentration, Increased Range) (42)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Unarmed Armor +10 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Hammer Strike/Blast, +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Area Attack (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Snare/Transform/Weaken +10 (+14 Effect, DC 24)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +13, Fortitude +8, Will +9

Complications:

Enemy (The Secret Shadows)- The sinister cabal of sorcerers has been seeking the Hammer of Vulcan for a long time, and will gladly pull it from Blacksmith's cold dead hands.

Enemy (Moloch)- The off-and-on leader of the Secret Shadows has a particularly strong vendetta against Blacksmith, thanks to the scar the hero gave him.

Enemy (The Homonculus)- In its endless quest to fill the void in its body, the Homonculus has clashed with Blacksmith on more than a few occasions, trying to get at the alchemic fires of the Hammer. The Homonculus believes that by obtaining the Hammer, it will find a way to permanently end its quest for sustenance.

Motivation (Builder)- Bashir delights in making and building things, especially anything that improves lives.

Relationship (Doctor Quantum)- Out of the entire membership of the Allegiance, Doctor Quantum is the one Bashir gets along with the most. As a fellow smart man, they both are constantly discussing esoteric science far beyond the capability of the other members to understand, and Bashir has helped Doc improved his harness, while Doc has helped to illuminate the workings of the Hammer.

Responsibility (Family)- Blacksmith has worked tirelessly to bring his family over to the United States to avoid the tensions of the Middle-East.

Responsibility (The Hammer)- The Hammer has attracted a lot of trouble for Bashir and affected those close to him. He has tried to get rid of it a few times, but due to his blood heritage, it keeps finding its way back into his hands.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 102 / Defenses: 20 (230)

Bashir Manassa is an immigrant from Lebanon. As a child he grew up in a large family supported by his factory worker father, who encouraged his children to study hard so they could get good jobs as adults. Bashir showed a great deal of promise growing up, enough to attract scholarship offers from major Western technical universities. As a young man, he moved to the United States, promising his family that he would return to bring them back with him.

After graduating with high honors Bashir became a senior engineer for a major construction firm. One of the company's contracts revolved around the reconstruction of a wrecked museum. During a day on the job, Bashir and the rest of the crew were attacked by agents of the mysterious and sinister Secret Shadows. These minions were looking for something, and interrogated their victims relentlessly, before leaving them for dead. But Bashir survived, and as he crawled around the wreckage, he grasped the handle of something that felt warm to the touch. When he pulled, it revealed a hammer with strange arcane sigils on its head, glowing with a fiery light.

Bashir took the hammer to one of the museum's scholars, who was able to determine that the markings matched references to a mythical artifact known as the "Hammer of Vulcan," created by the legendary alchemist Xozimos from the same material as the Philosopher's Stone. The Hammer had been thought lost for centuries, but it seemed as though it had been discovered by employees of the museum at some point and shipped to them before the museum had been destroyed.

That was when the minions of the Secret Shadows returned. They had been looking for the Hammer, and attacked Bashir. Reacting instinctively he fought back using it, and was surprised to discover that it responded to him, almost as if he was naturally gifted at using it. With the powers of the Hammer, he was able to defeat the creatures.

The Secret Shadows continued to try to take the Hammer, sending increasingly more powerful agents against him. And with each new enemy the confrontations became more public. To protect himself, Bashir used the power of the Hammer to forge a suit of armor for himself, powered by the Hammer's energies. During his first public appearance, fending off the monstrous creature known as the Homonculus, he was dubbed "The Blacksmith." He accepted and embraced this name.

Blacksmith had a storied career afterwards, fending off repeated attacks by the Secret Shadows, the Homonculus, and his archnemesis, Moloch, the ousted leader of the Secret Shadows who Bashir scarred in battle. His work to immigrate his family to the United States has been complicated by this career and conflicts in the Middle East, and on a few occasions he outright renounced the Hammer. It's power was not worth the price it had. And yet, every time he rediscovered the Hammer, almost like it sought him out. Bashir later discovered that he is in fact a descendant of Xozimos, and that the Hammer is compelled to seek any adult descendant of its maker. So stuck with it, Bashir has committed to heroism full time.

Blacksmith accepted an invitation to join the Allegiance, in part so as to have assistance in his never ending defense against the Secret Shadows.
Jabroniville

Re: BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

ah yes, the "posted on the previous page" problem. That used to drive me NUTS on Roll Call, because the pages would only be ten posts long, unless you wanted monstrous 20-40-post pages.

Blacksmith's pretty cool- I like the simple armor with the stand-out red/orange lines. He's kind of a combination Iron Man/Magic Guy with his varied powers and concept- merging technology with magic. I like that he's one of those guys who didn't really WANT to be a superhero, but feels stuck with it- it gives him a different edge than most of the career-minded guys.

Your mention of Noble Causes always reminds me of when I was PLANNING on getting into it, after reading the first previews... and then never being able to find it. I think it was heavily delayed or something. In any case, I never ended up reading even a single issue, and I don't think I've ever seen Trades anywhere. Overviews of the characters didn't exactly inspire me to check it out, but I've heard some solid things (though one guy taunted me that My Beloved Cyclone was just a knock-off of Zephyr Noble, which I found to be garbage :)).
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:56 amYour mention of Noble Causes always reminds me of when I was PLANNING on getting into it, after reading the first previews... and then never being able to find it. I think it was heavily delayed or something. In any case, I never ended up reading even a single issue, and I don't think I've ever seen Trades anywhere. Overviews of the characters didn't exactly inspire me to check it out, but I've heard some solid things (though one guy taunted me that My Beloved Cyclone was just a knock-off of Zephyr Noble, which I found to be garbage :)).
I would definitely recommend it. It does the whole "superhero family drama" thing probably better than any other comic, and goes places something like "Fantastic Four" or "The Incredibles" wouldn't be able to. It also helps that none of the characters are explicit expies of more mainstream characters (closest one might be Doc Noble, who is kind of like a mashup of Reed Richards and Doc Savage), so there's no distraction of "This guy is basically so-and-so."
bsdigitalq

The Allegiance: Dr. Quantum

Post by bsdigitalq »

DOCTOR 'DOC' QUANTUM (Doctor Niel Compton)
PL 12 (217)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat: Quantum Restructuring 3 (+8)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise: Quantum Physics 14 (+22)
Expertise: Science 10 (+18)
Insight 3 (+8)
Perception 4 (+9)
Ranged Combat: Quantum Manipulation Powers 8 (+12)
Technology 8 (+16)
Treatment 2 (+10)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Allegiance Member), Extraordinary Effort, Interpose, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Set-up, Skill Mastery 3 (Expertise: Quantum Physics, Expertise: Science, Technology), Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Science), Ultimate Effort (Technology)

Powers: 

“Quantum Infection” Immunity 30 (Fortitude) (Flaw: Half-effect) [15]

“Quantum Sensitivity”
Enhanced Trait 4 (Perception +8 (+17)) (Flaw: Limited to Awareness Senses) [2]
Senses 4 (Energy, Gravity, Quantum, Space-Time Awareness) [4]

“Quantum Manipulation Powers”
“Quantum Constructs” Create 14 (15,000 cft.) (Extras: Dynamic, Impervious, Movable) (56) -– [71]
  • Dynamic AE: “Quantum Energy Blast” Blast 12 (Extras: Homing, Penetrating 12, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2: Gravity/Electromagnetic/Quantum Energy) (24)
  • Dynamic AE: “Quantum Repulsion” Deflect 12 (12)
  • Dynamic AE: “Quantum Propulsion” Flight 6 (120 mph) (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) (24)
  • Dynamic AE: “Quantum Force Fields” Force Field 12 (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious, Ranged) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: “Quantum Kinetic Control” Move Object 12 (100 tons) (Extras: Damaging, Perception Range, Variable Descriptor 2: Gravity/Electromagnetic/Quantum Energy) (49)
  • AE: “Quantum Surgery” Healing 12 (Extras: Persistent, Restorative) (36)
  • AE: “Quantum Space-Time Control” Nullify Space-Time Effects 10 (Extras: Simultaneous, Perception Range) (30)
  • AE: “Quantum Energy Control” Nullify Energy Powers 12 (Extras: Simultaneous, Perception Range, Precise) (37)
  • AE: “Quantum Restructuring” Transform 10 (Nonliving to Nonliving) (Extras: Increased Mass 5: 12 tons) (40)
Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blast +12 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Quantum Restructuring +8 (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+14 with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +10

Complications:

Enemy (Cronus)- 'Doc' is one of the few people who has a power that can effectively counter Cronus’ extremely powerful time manipulation ability. Thus, Cronus specifically targets Doc for elimination; as he is not a naturally born extraordinary, he has no place in the world Cronus seeks to create.

Enemy (Heisenberg the Human Singularity)- Not all of them can be winners. For Doctor Quantum, his primary archnemesis is his former lab partner, turned into a living black hole (somehow) by the same experiment that made Doctor Quantum. But with a name like “Heisenberg” or “The Human Singularity,” it’s a bit hard to take him seriously, especially when he expends no effort to try and present himself as a serious menace beyond being a friggin’ walking black hole.

Motivation (Discovery)- Niel loves discovering and investigating new things.

Relationship (Algernon Xidorn)- Algernon was Niel's mentor growing up, and a lot of what he learned was from that tutelage. Xidorn was a major help in saving Doc and Heisenberg’s lives.

Relationship (Blacksmith)- As fellow smart guys, Niel and Bashir gravitate toward one another and geek out about esoteric, bleeding edge science and technology, leaving the rest of the Allegiance in the dust.

Relationship (Nanosec)- Due to the parallels in their work, Doc and the temporal speedster have collaborated together on a few occasions, studying each other’s work to learn from one another. They get along quite well, despite Afterburner’s efforts to try and get them to go out.

Responsibility (Guilt)- Niel feels guilty for the accident that created him and Heisenberg, believing that it was a result of mistakes he made that he refused to fix.

Responsibility (Strange Matter Infection)- Doc is constantly worried about the strange matter in his body, not just because of the fact that it will eventually kill him, but that even after death it will spread out and convert the whole Earth into more of itself, and what is not infected would be torn apart by the enormous gravitational and spacial anomalies created by such a massive amount of strange matter in a single space.

Side Effect (Strange Matter Fragments)- The strange matter infecting Niel’s body is slowly transforming it into more of the substance. For now the spread of the infection is slowed immensely by the harness, but every time Doc uses his powers, the infections spreads a little more. The greater the expenditure of power on his part, the more the infection spreads. Doc is on a time limit, and unless he finds a way to halt the infection, he is eventually going to die.

Vulnerability (Techno-Harness)- The main reason Niel isn’t already a strange matter statue tearing apart Earth is thanks to the Techno-Harness. However, if the harness is ever damaged, it will be unable to hold back the strange matter, and the infection will advance at a rapid pace.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 92 / Defenses: 22 (217)

Doctor Niel Compton is a former protege of the legendary Algernon Xidorn. A child prodigy, he was given an offer for a scholarship to attend the Xidorn International Extraordinary Academy's masters program when he was still an adolescent, and after joining the program, Xidorn took him under his wing, possibly because Niel reminded Algernon of his former, deceased protege Brainchild.

Niel grew up into one of the foremost researchers into quantum and experimental physics, working for SATRN, the research network of laboratories founded and run by the legendary Obermann Brothers. Niel was ever pushing the boundaries of what current technology could do in research; this simply forced him to become an inventor in order to create the devices he needed to continue his work. One of these projects was an attempt to create an artificial, contained singularity, as research into them was inherently limited without one to study in actuality. So along with his research partner Max Newman, they developed a chamber designed to create a micro-singularity and then contain its awesome destructive power safely, with several failsafe systems in case anything ever went wrong.

Unfortunately, in their first test run something *did* go wrong, as the initial failsafes proved inadequate to handle the singularity. With containment weakening, Niel activated the first set of backup failsafes, designed to reverse the singularity creation process. But in another unexpected event, the failsafes caused the blackhole to turn into a kind of wormhole instead, connected to a dimension of "strange matter." The containment collapsed, and both Niel and Max were bombarded with strange matter fragments. In a last ditch effort, Niel and Max activated a rocket in the device designed to send the whole thing into space, with a bomb in place to destroy the whole thing once it was a safe distance from Earth. Niel activated the switch to start the rocket, unaware that Max was directly next to the device trying to fix one of the other failsafes. The entire machine flew up into space, with Max attached to it, Niel helplessly watching.

But this was not the end of Niel's troubles. In the wake of the incident, while scanning himself for traces of radiation poisoning, he discovered that he was indeed poisoned...but not by anything of this universe. Particles of strange matter had embedded themselves in his body's atoms and molecules, and worse, were steadily converting them into more strange matter. In time, his entire body would turn into a block of strange matter, and that would continue to infect and consume Earth, until the whole planet would become one giant ball of strange matter. Provided that it wasn't torn apart by the space-time anomalies generated by the strange matter first...

Using his knowledge of the black hole containment system, he fixed the flaws in it and then miniaturized it to form a special chest piece held by a harness to his body. This "Techno-Harness" would hold the strange matter in place and slow down its conversion of Niel's body, enough for him to devise a way of purging himself of the strange matter safely. And then...Max returned. Like Niel he too was infected with the strange matter, but his experience with the singularity had caused things to happen a bit differently. He had learned to control the strange matter, and had actually contained the singularity within his own body, using both the strange matter and the black hole to restrain each other's destructive effects. Dubbing himself "Heisenberg" in his delirium, Max went on a destructive rampage of revenge, blaming Niel for his current condition and wanting revenge.

But when Max personally confronted Niel, something happened. The strange matter in Niel's seemed to react to the presence of more in Max's body, and Niel discovered that much like Niel, he too had a connection with the strange matter and could draw upon it. Thus, a power struggle between the two former colleagues began, each wrestling with titanic reality-warping powers. In the end, Niel's superior knowledge of quantum physics allowed him to temporarily disabled Max, long enough for him to place his former friend inside a chamber he had made to contain himself and his own infection.

Further research revealed that Niel's condition allowed him to manipulate quantum energies and matter, and even affect space, time, and gravity. This placed him in a unique position to solve problems no other person could, and he intervened in several events afterwards using his powers to fix dimensional anomalies on Earth, and prevent or close apertures in space-time to stop eldritch horrors from entering this reality. It was this unique range of abilities that resulted in him accepting an offer from Captain Meteor to join his newly resurgent incarnation of the Allegiance, and he has been a member ever since, dividing his time as a hero with his constantly search for an ultimate solution to the problem of his ever increasing strange matter infection. He fears what he may have to do to stop it, and time is not on his side...
Jabroniville

Re: The Allegiance: Dr. Quantum

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 pm Image

DOCTOR 'DOC' QUANTUM (Doctor Niel Compton)
Neat! Another guy! This guy seems to have more of a "Marvel" edge to him, almost- the "Super-Science Hero" aspect, plus his more "modern" look, as opposed to tights. Is he the smartest hero around? Actually, I find most of the Allegiance to have more of a "Marvel" feel than a DC one.

His powers seem to be a "Green Lantern With a Twist" power-set. Move Object, Force Fields, Create, etc. But GLs couldn't Heal (typically), nor nullify energy powers. He's also got the "Iron Man Death Timeline" thing from the early '60s going on.

So the Allegiance are JLA/Avengers, right? It seems like they ended up with the PL 12 arsenal of heroes.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Allegiance: Dr. Quantum

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 amIs he the smartest hero around?
No, right now that looks to be Renaissance of the Star Chamber, who I reckon is a full on Reed Richards/Dr. Doom level megagenius.
Actually, I find most of the Allegiance to have more of a "Marvel" feel than a DC one.

So the Allegiance are JLA/Avengers, right? It seems like they ended up with the PL 12 arsenal of heroes.
That's pretty much intentional. The Allegiance are essentially "The Avengers as the Justice League," while conversely, Vanguard are "The Justice League as the Avengers." Though more broadly speaking, the Allegiance are my general JLA-style group in the setting history, with the Coalition of Champions being the more Avengers-style group until Vanguard comes along. The current day Coalition of Champions is a loose riff on the JSA comics from the late 90's to late 00's.
bsdigitalq

The Allegiance: Harmonika

Post by bsdigitalq »

HARMONIKA (Harmony Monika Lewis)
PL 12 (205)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise: Performer 8 (+10)
Expertise: Pop Culture 4 (+6)
Expertise: Singing 4 (+6)
Insight 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat: Sonic Attacks 8 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Attractive 2, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Allegiance Member), Daze (Persuasion), Defensive Attack, Evasion, Fascinate (Persuasion), Power Attack, Redirect, Set-up, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers: 
“Extreme Sound Amplification and Manipulation”
“Sonic Defenses” Enhanced Trait 17 (Dodge +9, Parry +5; Defensive Roll 3) [17]
“Sonic Waves” Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Immunity 10 (Sonic Effects) [10]
“Enhanced Hearing” Senses 5 (Hearing- Accurate, Extended 2, Ultra-hearing) [5]

“Sonic Attacks”
“Shattering Scream” Blast 9 linked to Weaken Toughness 7 (Extras: Affects Objects, Increased Range) (39) – [56]
  • AE: “Hypnotic Frequencies” Affliction 12 (Entranced, Compelled; resisted by Will) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Sense-dependent- Hearing (12)
  • AE: “Painful Frequencies” Affliction 12 (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude)(Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (36)
  • AE: “Nauseating Frequencies” Affliction 12 (Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (36)
  • AE: “Alluring Frequencies” Affliction 12 (Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Will) (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception, Cumulative) (36)
  • AE: “Megascream” Blast 14 (Extra: Penetrating 12) (Flaw: Inaccurate) (39)
  • AE: “Zone of Silence” Concealment 9 (Hearing) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30 ft. Burst) (36)
  • AE: “Concussive Shout” Damage 12 (Extra: Area- 120 ft. Cone +2) (36)
  • AE: “Concussive Scream” Damage 12 (Extra: Area- 5x60 ft. Line +2) (36)
  • AE: “Basic Cry” Dazzle Hearing 12 (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (24)
  • AE: “Deafening Cry” Dazzle Hearing 12 (Extras: Cumulative, Area- 30 ft. Burst) (24)
  • AE: “Deafening Scream” Dazzle Hearing 12 (Extras: Cumulative, Area- 60 ft. Cone) (24)
  • AE: “Sonic Shield” Force Field 5 (Extra: Affects Others) (10)
  • AE: “Phantom Sounds” Illusion 12 (Hearing) (Extras: Illusion Area- 8000 cft., Selective, Subtle) (37)
  • AE: “Explosive Shout” Move Object 12 (100 tons) (Extras: Damaging, Area- 60 ft. Cone) (Flaw: Limited Direction- Away from Harmonika) (36)
  • AE: “Lifting Sound Waves” Move Object 12 (400 tons) (Extra: Increased Mass 2) (Flaws: Concentration, Distracting) (6)
  • AE: “Softening Vibrations” Weaken Toughness 12 (Extras: Affects Objects, Increased Range) (36)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Area Attacks (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Area Afflictions (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Ranged Afflictions +12 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Megascream, +10 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Shattering Scream +12 (+7 Effect/+9 Damage, DC 17/24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +13/+4 (DC 22/14), Parry +13/+8 (DC 22/18), Toughness +3 (+6 w/Def. Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:

Fame- Even though she is no longer active as a singer, many people are still fans of Harmonika, and she is extremely recognizable, even outside the United States.

Obsession (Getting Better)- Because of a perception that she is the weakest of the Allegiance members, Harmonika has striven to improve herself immensely. Her philosophy has been "the best defense is a good offense," and she works tirelessly to develop her offensive capabilities to their fullest upper limits.

Prejudice (Pop Star)- Because of her previous history and career, most of the hero and villain communities don't take Harmonika all that seriously as a heroine, even after demonstrating genuine heroic spirit and monstrous feats of power. It is likely that, no matter what she does, "Harmonika Sucks" will hound her for the rest of her career.

Relationship (Afterburner)- Harmonika doesn't particularly like Chris' attempts at interacting with her, believing that he is just hitting on her just like he does all other attractive women. She has no idea the real reasons behind his actions...

Relationship (Megabeast)- Megabeast and Harmonika have gotten close since he joined, and she has frequently used her voice to help calm and relax him. There is very much a "beauty and the beast" thing going one between them.

Reputation (The Weak One)- Because of her more limited defenses and experience compared to the other Allegiance members, villains often target Harmonika first, believing she will be an easy heroine to take out.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 55--28 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 99 / Defenses: 7 (205)

Harmonika is the stage name of Harmony Monika Lewis, a former major pop singer and entertainment celebrity known for her extraordinarily intense pop-rock style and concert performances. This intensity came about early on in her career after a music magazine critic described her as a "talented but dime a dozen female pop artist." Having struggled to even reach that point in her life, she used the criticism to develop her own style, which was distinctive and even a little edgy while maintaining mainstream appeal, and she soon began to collect fame, fortune, and accolades.

But things went awry when, after being keyed up on drugs and alcohol, she tore her vocal chords during a particularly intense concert performance. While the performance earned her much praise an acclaim, the damage done to her singing voice meant it was also a career killer for her. Desperate not to become a victim of her situation, Harmony and her agents sought out every possible means of repairing her vocal chords and restoring her voice, but one after another, all options failed to deliver, until they found one semi-anonymous doctor willing to help, who promised that he could regrow her vocal chords "better than ever." Having exhausted all other options, Harmony agreed to partake in spite of all the warning signs.

At first, it appeared to be successful. Harmony's voice was back and better than ever. But then problems began to arise. It turned out that the process used to regrow her vocal chords was part of an illegal project to develop artificial sonic powers, and so she came under fire from two angles: from the people who developed the project, seeking to claim "their property," and the ERA, for possessing an illegal power granting enhancement. Even as Harmonika found herself having to use her new sonic abilities to defend herself from bounty hunters attempting to bring her in or at least her new vocal chords, her lawyers fought the ERA in court. Eventually, a solution was found to both problems: the lawyers were able to successfully make a case for Harmonika being deceived into getting the enhancement, and were able to redirect the wrath of the ERA onto the nefarious conspiracy going after Harmonika, bringing all of the individuals involved to justice.

And while Harmonika came out of the situation all the better, it had interrupted her planned career comeback, and the final result went off like a lead balloon. Looking for other options, a new opportunity presented itself: heroism. Heroes were on the rise again, and catching the new wave would be a great opportunity for Harmonika to rebound. So she had her agents approach Captain Meteor, who was still in the midst of forming his new incarnation of the Allegiance, about her signing on. While another big name, especially one not associated with the hero community, would help for publicity, he was unsure if she had what it took to be a hero, and was concerned that she would merely be a glory hog, doing everything to improve her image and not actually be a hero. She surprised him by actually trying as hard as she could to do well, not actually acting like the vapid, tone-deaf bimbo he thought she would be. Thus, Harmonika made her debut as a heroine, and has stayed on with the Allegiance ever since.

Now possessing the most powerful and destructive voice on the planet, she has abandoned plans of resuming her career as a singer and joined the Allegiance instead.
Last edited by bsdigitalq on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Nice stuff- I like how she has a very unsympathetic origin for a superhero- basically a drug-using wild child who f'd up and messed herself up for good. But then it shifts to being MORE sympathetic, as she gets screwed over and then hunted down, then tries to be a real superhero in spite of her origins. I can see her having a lot of trouble being taken seriously, though being PL 12 will obviously help out on that front :).
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 pmNice stuff- I like how she has a very unsympathetic origin for a superhero- basically a drug-using wild child who f'd up and messed herself up for good. But then it shifts to being MORE sympathetic, as she gets screwed over and then hunted down, then tries to be a real superhero in spite of her origins.
Yeah, more of me channeling that sort of Stan Lee style of storytelling with her. Essentially a Marvelized version of Black Canary.
I can see her having a lot of trouble being taken seriously, though being PL 12 will obviously help out on that front :).
That's pretty much the reason *why* she's PL 12. I'd say she was about a PL10 offensively before, but with her constantly being looked down upon and viewed as the "weak one" of the new Allegiance lineup, that really lit a fire under her ass to prove herself, and she channeled all of that into leveling up her offensive capability as much as possible, in the process basically becoming the most powerful sonic-based extraordinary on Earth. Plus, as one of the elite heroes of the setting, I kind of wanted her to be on a level above folks like Banshee, Siryn, and Black Canary.

But even given her upper tier power level, I still think that underestimation will dog her.
bsdigitalq

The Allegiance: Megabeast

Post by bsdigitalq »

MEGABEAST (aka, BEHEMOTH)
PL 12 (220), PL 13 (220) Raging
STRENGTH
16/19 STAMINA 15/17 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 12/14 (+15/+17)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat: Throw 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Benefit (Allegiance Member), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Strength), Ultimate Effort (Toughness), Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Natural Size” Growth 2 (Extras: Innate, Permanent) [5]

"Voice of Keith David" Enhanced Trait 2 (Intimidation +2) [1]

“Natural Abilities”
“Hold Breath” Immunity 2 (Suffocation) (Extra: Sustained) [2]
Immunity: Immunity 5 (Cold, Disease, Heat, Pressure, Poison) [5]
Leaping 10 (1 mile) [10]
Power-Lifting 5 (50k tons) [5]
Protection 1 (Extra: Impervious 13) [14]
Regeneration 5 (Extra: Regrowth) [6]

“Strength Feats” (Alternate Effects of Strength) [5]
  • AE: “Groundstrike” Damage 12 (Extra: Area- 30 ft. Burst) (Flaw: Limited to Grounded Targets) (12)
  • AE: “Shockwave” Affliction 12 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Prone, Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude) (Extra: Area- 30 ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree) (12)
  • AE: “Stomp” Affliction 12 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Prone, Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude) (Extra: Area- 5x30 ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets, Limited Degree) (12)
  • AE: “Super-Breath” Move Object 8 (6 tons) (Extra: Area- 60 ft. Cone) (Flaw: Limited to Toward/Away) (16)
  • AE: “Thunderclap” Affliction 8 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Defenseless, Resisted by Fortitude) (Extra: Area- 30 ft. Burst) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (16)
“Berserker Rage” (All have Flaw: Uncontrolled- Must be Raging)
Enhanced Stamina 2 [2]
Enhanced Strength 3 [3]
Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical: Unarmed 2) [1]
Immunity 10 (Mental Effects) (Flaw: Limited - Half Effect) [4]
Impervious Toughness 4 [2]
Impervious Will 9 [5]
Regeneration +5 (Stacks with Regeneration 5) [4]
Strength Effects +1 Effect, plus two additional alternate effects [7]
  • AE: “Armor Ripping” Penetrating on Strength Damage (19)
  • AE: “Unstoppable” Burrowing 12 (250 mph) (Extra: Penetrating 12) (18)

Offense:

Unarmed +7 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Unarmed Raging +7 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Groundstrike/Shockwave/Stomp (+12 Damage/Effect, DC 27/22)
Thunderclap/Super-Breath (+8 Effect, DC 18)
Initiative +10

Defense:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +16 (+18 Raging), Fortitude +15 (+17 Raging), Will +9

Complications:

Enemy (The Beastiary)- Megabeast's former teammates in the Beastiary believe he is a traitor, thanks in no small part to Manticore's biased description of the events that led to his departure.

Enemy (Geryon)- Manticore's home grown replacement for Behemoth has only one compelling goal in its life: to kill and destroy Behemoth, as revenge for its father.

Enemy (Hyperion)- Though Cronus' manifesto only includes Earth born extraordinaries, the current leader of the Titan Supremacy is less picky in his philosophy, and has tried to poach Behemoth/Megabeast on multiple occasions to serve his own cause, attempting to exploit Megabeast's own disillusionment with humanity and frame it as a "common cause." Megabeast ain't buying it.

Enemy (MAJESTIC)-Whether as villain or hero, Megabeast has been targeted on multiple occasions by the nefarious ultra-secret organization MAJESTIC and their leader, the enigmatic "Mister Grey." Megabeast suspects that MAJESTIC may have been responsible for what happened to his human family.

Enemy (Manticore)- Behemoth and Manticore never really got along too well, which was fine for Manticore as it allowed him to goad Behemoth into one of his famous "berserker rages" that made him more destructive and difficult to fight. But after Behemoth tore Manticore apart and left the Beastiary, Manticore has declared open season on his former minion, and most of his schemes now revolve around exacting revenge upon the former Behemoth.

Enemy (Tyrannosaur)- Tyrannosaur finds Behemoth's turn from villainy to heroism extremely offensive. He always calls Megabeast "Traitor," and in every battle between the Allegiance and Overthrow, he goes right for Megabeast, even if this would disrupt whatever goal Overthrow might be attempting to achieve at that moment.

Flashbacks- Megabeast is still haunted by dreams and memories of what happened to his family. An easy way to get him to go berserk is to invoke those events.

Monstrous- Megabeast is a nine foot tall furred humanoid with tusks and red eyes. He is very obviously monstrous and non-human, and it is nigh impossible to hide it. This makes it difficult for him to go anywhere without drawing attention.

Motivation (Acceptance)- Megabeast just wants to be treated like he was growing up, as just another person, rather than the monster almost everyone else perceives him to be.

Motivation (Guilt)- Megabeast is truly repentant for all the damage and suffering he caused as a member of the Beastiary, and wants to make up for what he did as much as he can.

Motivation (Vengeance)- Though not as much of a burning drive as it was for him early only, Megabeast ultimately still wants to find out who destroyed his family and why they did it. He suspects MAJESTIC is to blame. However, what's not clear is how much of this is seeking justice, or vengeance, and Megabeast cannot clarify a distinction himself. He will only know at the very end what he truly wants.

Prejudice (Former Villain)- Though a hero and member of the Allegiance, Megabeast is still recognized across the world as Behemoth of the Beastiary, and the memory of all that he has done still clings to him.

Prejudice (Villain Turned Hero)- On the other side of things, many members of the villain community despise Megabeast for leaving them to join the ranks of the heroes. While not as personal as Tyannosaur or Manticore's grudges against him, villains still tend to seek him out in particular to spite and taunt. Which, come to think of it, seems rather stupid.

Relationship (Captain Meteor)- Megabeast and Captain Meteor used to be enemies, but even when he was Behemoth, Megabeast admired Captain Meteor as a worthy opponent. Now that things have changed, Megabeast is eternally grateful to Meteor for giving him a chance as a member of the Allegiance, and for allowing him to fill Meteor's shoes as the physical powerhouse of the Allegiance.

Relationship (Harmonika)- Harmonika and Megabeast have a kind of "beauty and the beast" type relationship going on, as Harmony's sonic powers have a way of soothing Megabeast's rage and angst.

Relationship (Leviathan)- But Megabeast still holds the torch for his former teammate in the Beastiary, for whom he stood up to Manticore and actually tore the villain apart when Manticore threatened her over her relationship with the former Behemoth. Megabeast still hopes that Leviathan will one day gain the courage to call out Manticore for the manipulative monster that he is, leave the Beastiary, and join him once more.

Reputation (Berserker Rages)- As Behemoth and Megabeast, he is known all across the world for his legendary berserker rages, during which he becomes a night unstoppable force of destruction that even teams of experienced heroes can struggle against.

Responsibility (Parole)- Megabeast's membership in the Allegiance comes with certain limitations as part of his parole, and he is constantly on guard, lest he do something that violates it. If he does violate his parole, he will be removed from the Allegiance and returned to his cell at Ultramax.

Rivalry (Captain Meteor, Stronghold, Wrought Iron)- As one of the elite heroic powerhouses, many hero enthusiasts like to compared Megabeast with other elite heroic super-strong types, like Captain Meteor, Stronghold, and Wrought Iron, and they will endlessly argue over who can beat whom, or who is the strongest. Out of the lot, only Captain Meteor has actually fought Megabeast, although Megabeast does have a friendly rivalry with Wrought Iron.

Voice of Keith David- Many people have remarked that Megabeast sounds like a lot like the actor Keith David's voice work. This comes up a lot more often than you'd think, and Megabeast is easily annoyed by it.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 24 -- 12 / Advantages: 31 / Powers: 82 / Defenses: 15 (220)

Formerly known as "Behemoth" of the Beastiary, Megabeast came to Earth in a meteorite as a baby, landing in an isolated Pacific island community, who all adopted the creature as one of their own. Even as the baby grew up into a huge, hairy, bestial creature, he was accepted as a member of the community...until the one two punch of military forces and alien mercenaries destroyed his home and forced him to flee, and he became a fearful legend, a monster that frightened people, fought heroes, and was constantly running from forces that wanted to catch or kill him.

His anger and sadness led to him accepting Manticore's offer to join the Beastiary and strike back at humanity for all the pain inflicted on him, but even then his justified rage never really fit in with Manticore's more misnathropic, psychopathic hatred. He fell in love with fellow Beastiary member Leviathan, and this relationship helped nudge him away from Manticore's manipulative creed of hate. Finally, he turned against Manticore after saving a family nearly killed by the Beastriary's rampage, and when Manticore threatened Leviathan during their heated argument, he flew into a rage uncharacteristic even for him and brutally destroyed the cyborg monstrosity. He then went and turned himself in to CENTRI.

He did serve time, but the members of the Allegiance and Vanguard, who witnessed his turn toward heroism, spoke on his behalf, and he earned himself a pardon for his misdeeds. As a member of the Allegiance he seeks to make up for everything he's done wrong, especially as a lot of the world still remembers him as the vicious monster who terrorized much of the Pacific Rim nations.
Jabroniville

Re: The Allegiance: Megabeast

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:04 am Image
Neat! Your very own Hulk! I like how he keeps so close to the theme- being a big, strong, Raging "menace" who has to be controlled. The super-villainous origin is pretty inspired, though. One thing I almost never think of doing in my 'verse is including "Former Villains".

I like how he keeps it simple and on-theme- he's not stupid, but he's built to kick ass, beat ass, and then kick ass again. Also, I love his extra "Intimidation" power :).

I'm liking the potential of a Leviathan/Megabeast/Harmonika Love Triangle. Now I gotta look up the Beastiary's images :).

His origin, Beastly nature, and inner nobility just SCREAM "Marvel Comics", too. I mean, more than the entirety of the Allegiance, THIS GUY is "Marvel". DC's guys were much cleaner, neater and more "boring" by my standards. I know you said you preferred DC growing up, and your "world" reflects that (your DC-ish dudes tend to have more massive bios, unless you've just gotten better at editing recently :)), but this guy feels like something Stan Lee would have done: a man at war with himself.

I'm digging how the "Power Geeks" get involved in superhero struggles. I should add more of that to my world.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Allegiance: Megabeast

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:44 amNeat! Your very own Hulk! I like how he keeps so close to the theme- being a big, strong, Raging "menace" who has to be controlled. The super-villainous origin is pretty inspired, though. One thing I almost never think of doing in my 'verse is including "Former Villains".
Considering the number of "heroes turned villain" in the setting, its only fair that there should be some "villains turned hero" as well.
Also, I love his extra "Intimidation" power :).
Heh, if I heard the voice of Keith David coming out of a giant, feral looking Hulk analogue, I might just wee myself. Seemed appropriate.
I'm liking the potential of a Leviathan/Megabeast/Harmonika Love Triangle.
Oh yeah, that will be an interesting plot thread to toy with for sure.
Now I gotta look up the Beastiary's images :).
Then you're gonna have to wait. Aside from Megabeast and Manticore, I haven't done any of the members of the group yet, although I have an old pic of Leviathan out there that needs some updating.
His origin, Beastly nature, and inner nobility just SCREAM "Marvel Comics", too. I mean, more than the entirety of the Allegiance, THIS GUY is "Marvel". DC's guys were much cleaner, neater and more "boring" by my standards. I know you said you preferred DC growing up, and your "world" reflects that (your DC-ish dudes tend to have more massive bios, unless you've just gotten better at editing recently :)), but this guy feels like something Stan Lee would have done: a man at war with himself.
While I'm more of a DC guy and I *really* don't like Stan Lee as a person, I have a strong appreciation for the way he built characters around interpersonal conflict, character flaws, and drama. And it was meaningful too. There's a reason Spider-Man is one of my favorite heroes, despite me being a DC guy. ;)
I'm digging how the "Power Geeks" get involved in superhero struggles. I should add more of that to my world.
Yeah, I mean, it only makes sense, right? Given all of the obsessive fandoms and niche interests, if villains and heroes existed and fought all the time, of course you'd get this odd subculture of intensely interested nerds and geeks (I'm thinking in the vein of military buffs or sports fans).
bsdigitalq

The Allegiance: Silver Centurion

Post by bsdigitalq »

SILVER CENTURION (Casca Longinius)
PL 12 (292)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
DEXTERITY 3 FIGHTING 11
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+12)
Deception 2 (+7)
Expertise: History 14 (+17)
Expertise: Soldier 10 (+13)
Insight 6 (+11)
Intimidation 4 (+9)
Investigation 6 (+9)
Perception 8 (+13)
Persuasion 6 (+11)
Ranged Combat: Thrown Sword 1 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+9)
Technology 2 (+5)
Treatment 4 (+7)
Vehicles 8 (+11)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Allegiance Member), Benefit 3 (Cipher), Benefit 2 (Famous Heroic Legacy), Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Equipment 1, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Inspire, Instant Up, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 5 (Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Latin, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish), Last Stand, Leadership, Luck, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Athletics), Ultimate Effort (Fortitude), Ultimate Effort (Will), Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed

Powers:
“Immortality Curse”
Immortality 15 (2 minutes) [30]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Disease, Fatigue Effects, Poison, Starvation & Thirst) [9]
Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds) [5]

“Sword of Destiny” (Easily Removable) (Extra: Indestructible) [27]
“Sword Strike” Strength-based Damage 6 (Extras: Improved Critical 4, Penetrating 10) linked to Nullify Dark Magic 10 (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous) (Flaw: Reduced Range) (40) – (42)
AE: “Thrown Sword” Strength-based Damage 4 (Extras: Increased Range, Penetrating 8) (Flaws: Must Go Get It, Diminished Range) linked to Nullify Dark Magic 10 (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous) (Flaw: Reduced Range) (31)
AE: Deflect 13 (Extras: Redirection, Reflect) (39)

“Ancile” (Easily Removable) (Extra: Indestructible) [9]
“Shield-based Defense” Enhanced Trait 5 (Dodge +2, Parry +1; Evasion, Withstand Damage) [5]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]

Equipment:
Knife, “Armor” Protection 2 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Knife +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Thrown Sword +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Sword Strike +14 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Nullify Dark Magic +14 (+10 Effect, DC Will 20)
Initiative +13

Defense:
“With Ancile” Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +14 (DC 24), Fortitude +11, Toughness 9 (+5 w/out Armor & Def. Roll), Will +13
“Without Ancile” Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Fortitude +11, Toughness +9 (+5 w/out Armor & Def. Roll), Will +13

Complications:

Cursed- Casca Longinus has been cursed to live forever, a wandering soldier going wherever things take him. He knows that, sooner or later, even this current state of affairs will end, and he will have to move on to a new life. Furthermore, his curse means that unless he breaks ties with those he knows, then something disastrous will happen to force a change in his status quo, often harming those around him if he did not leave them.

Enemy (The All-Father)- As the first Pendragon, Casca repeatedly fought the Germany Ubersoldaten champion Ubermeister. Now, both have taken on new identities, but the enmity still remains, and the All-Father of Dammerung seeks vengeance upon his old foe.

Enemy (Cronus)- As a former comrade in the Fraternity turned villain, Casca has had to fight the former Doctor Kronos and his Titan Supremacy on multiple occasions, and that past history adds a person edge to such confrontations.

Enemy (Gallowglass)- Though second to the rivalry with Flagbearer, the Silver Centurion has clashed repeatedly with the enhanced mercenary leader of Blackguard, enough to create a rivalry between the two of them.

Enemy (The Immaculate Court)- The quietly malicious secret society is an enemy of Casca by proxy, thanks to having Vladimir Drakon among the membership of its inner circle. However, only the Mistress and Lord Chimera have ever directly met the Silver Centurion: the former to seduce him, the latter to test his martial prowess.

Enemy (The Night Templar)- Unknown to Casca, his former ally in the Knights Templar still lives, as a fellow immortal. However, he is now the leader of the Brotherhood of Sorrow, the descendants of the Knights Templar and the al-Hashashin, and the male counterparts to the Sisterhood of Blood. In addition, he is one of the members of the Overlords, the secret conspiracy of megavillains looking to bring the world to heel. These two facts will inevitably lead to a confrontation with the Silver Centurion.

Enemy (Vladimir Drakon)- But above all others, the one enemy who has dogged Casca throughout the centuries, the one who is his true nemesis, is the former Prince Vladislav Estrigar, known to Casca more recently as Count Balaur, and currently living under the identity of Russian billionaire tycoon Vladimir Drakon. The vampire warrior prince and Casca have stalked each other over the centuries in a never ending duel, neither able to conquer the other. But now that Vladimir has access to nigh unlimited resources, he is now once more in a position to carry out the wishes of his master, Dragul, and cast the Earth in eternal night. Casca has been looking for his old enemy, and does not yet realize where Vladimir is. Which suits the vampire, who will only confront his old enemy again when the time is right.

Fear- Casca greatly wishes to end his constant wandering and settle down. He doesn't even necessarily wish for death, he just wants to be content. But he can never be content, and part of his curse is that just when things become good for him, they must end, and he must move on to a new life of struggle. Thus, he constantly fears for those around him, and what his curse will mean for them and their fates. The best thing he can hope for is that after he leaves, nothing ever happens to them.

Guilt- Casca is haunted by the memories of all the people he has ever known and outlived.

Relationship (Adam Asklepiades)- As the Forever Knight, Casca knew Adam Asklepiades. After the Fraternity broke apart they parted ways, and Casca has always wondered what happened to his old comrade.

Relationship (Aeon the Archmage)- Aeon is one of the few people to know Casca's secret, but even the Archmage was unable to help end the immortal's cursed existence, one way or another. Elsewhere, as the Silver Centurion they were comrades in the Allegiance decades ago.

Relationship (Algernon Xidorn)- Casca was one of the members of Algernon's Fraternity of Philosophic Gentlemen, under the psuedonym of "The Forever Knight." Though Casca has pretended to be his own son and grandson, Algernon has always suspected that the Forever Knight, Pendragon, and the Silver Centurion were all one in the same person, but he has never been able to figure out Casca's secret.

Relationship (Captain Meteor)- Whether it be the Fraternity or Allegiance, Captain Meteor and Casca have worked together on multiple occasions, and Meteor absolutely trusts Casca's judgement as a fighter and battlefield commander. They are true friends and comrades.

Relationship (Flagbearer)- Casca once fought alongside the original Flagbearer, and he has taken it upon himself to help insure that the latest bearer of the legacy lives up the original's level.

Relationship (Lionheart)- Another wartime comrade, the Silver Centurion and Lionheart are very much "battle brothers," and they regularly meeting to spar and chat about the latest events.

Relationship (Pendragon)- Casca keeps a close eyes on the latest man to take up the heroic identity that he originally created.

Relationship (Revere)- Though he pretends to be his own grandson, Casca keeps up his old friendship with another wartime buddy, letting Revere take on the role of "mentor" to the seeming young hero.

Secret- Casca has kept his true nature and past carefully hidden from everyone he knows. Even Algernon Xidorn, ever the seeker of Earth's hidden knowledge and secret histories, is not aware of Casca's true nature, despite being knowledgeable of some of the identities he has taken on before.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 89 -- 45 / Advantages: 61 / Powers: 80 / Defenses: 24 (292)

The Silver Centurion is the latest in a long line of identities taken by one Casca Longinius. Casca was originally a Roman centurion serving in the province of Judea, when he was asked to perform the crucifixion of three men: a robber, a murderer, and an upstart theocratic leader. But the execution was anything but routine, as violent earthquakes and an unnatural darkness, accompanied by thunder and lightning, came up during the slow death of the three men. Finally, toward the end, he speared the religious leader in the side to end his suffering. Casca did not believe that the man deserved to die, but was committed to his duties. As he carried out his duty, the man reached out and touched Casca and spoke to him. He said that because Casca was content with what he was, so he would remain that way, forever wandering until the day this man returned, just as he was returning "to his father." For a moment, the man's blood fell on Casca's hand, and in an attempt to wipe it off, he tasted it. He immediately began to convulse in pain and collapsed unconscious, but recovered the morning after, seemingly better.

As life went on, Casca noticed that while everyone around him aged normally, he had stopped changing. Rumors began to spread about him, that he was a witch or demon, and eventually he was driven out of his home by a mob. Even his own comrades in Rome would not touch him, believing that there was something wrong with him, or that he had conspired with dark arts to achieve his seemingly endless youth. He was condemned to work a lifetime in a prison labor camp, and there he began to truly understand his predicament, as nothing could kill or seriously wound him. Unfortunately, this meant he received a far greater sum of punishment than the other prisoners, who began to view him as a kind of scapegoat they could throw all their anger and frustration at. This situation led to Casca really developing his fighting skills, and thanks to his condition he quickly mastered defending himself.

Casca's would then go through numerous identities over the ensuing centuries, first as a gladiator, then as a soldier for an endless number of rulers and mercenary companies. For thousands of years he fought in hundreds of wars for hundreds of different nations across the globe and made many enemies, though he could outlast all save one: the Portuguese -Slavic prince Vladislav Estrigar, who would become Casca's recurring and equally immortal nemesis over the centuries, serving at the behest of a powerful demonic being known only to him as Dragul. In his battles against Vladislav and Dragul and their vampire hordes, Casca would reclaim the very spear he had once used, forging it into the Sword of Destiny, while also securing the indestructible shield Ancile from its cult of worshipers, who claimed it to be a fragment of the Aegis itself. Upon claiming these two items, Casca would carry them with him to the present day, despite efforts by groups like the Brotherhood of Sorrow, the Secret Shadows, and the Thule Society to try and steal them for their own uses.

In modern times Casca has taken on several different identities: as a member of Algernon Xidorn's Fraternity of Philosophic Gentlemen he was the Forever Knight, and as a member of the first incarnation of Britain's Imperial Knights during WWII he was the first Pendragon. He first became the Silver Centurion as a member of the most famous incarnation of the Allegiance that included such luminaries as Captain Meteor, the archmagus Aeon, and Storm Prince. Following the Skarn Invasion he left the Allegiance to hunt down and end his old enemy Vladislav, who he last knew as Count Balaur. He never did find him, and decades later returned to heroism, posing as his own grandson, and alongside Captain Meteor he would revitalize the Allegiance in the wake of the defeat of the fallen August Star and his "Dark Allegiance." He does not yet realize that Estrigar has assumed a new identity as Vladimir Drakon, or that he is now in the best position possible to put the plans of his master Dragul into motion. But while Vladimir has the resources of a vast multinational company and a demonic interdimensional abomination on his side, Casca has the Allegiance now. For the moment, he is content, even though he knows that the nature of his curse of immortality means that he can never have true contentment, and that just when things get good for him, they must end. Like the Sword of Damocles, this hangs over his head, and he is considering leaving the Allegiance again, before the other shoe drops and they become victims of his curse like so many before.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

On to Silver Centurion!
PL 12 (292)
STRENGTH 4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
DEXTERITY 3 FIGHTING 11
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 5
Okay, right away, I'm thinking this is the "Captain America" guy. That is absolutely a Captain America statline :).
Spanish, Turkish), Last Stand, Leadership, Luck, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Athletics), Ultimate Effort (Fortitude), Ultimate Effort (Will), Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed
YUP.
“Immortality Curse”
Immortality 15 (2 minutes) [30]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Disease, Fatigue Effects, Poison, Starvation & Thirst) [9]
Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds) [5]
Well that's different- an unkillable warrior archetype!

I dig the backstory- equal parts tragic and never-ending, with this curse hanging over his head that prevents him from happiness, even in contentment.