World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Toxic!

Post by Davies »

Andrea Atom

Andrea Atom's story up until the Terminus Invasion is told in Freedom City. She and Mentac did in fact survive their encounter with Omega, but they were trapped in the Terminus when Centurion defeated him. Andrea was badly injured when Omega’s armor exploded inside the Terminus breach, while shock waves and energies rippling through the Transition Zone between universes changed Mentac. He became a being of pure mental energy with formidable powers, which he used not only to save himself and Andrea but also to help seal the Terminus breach.

Mentac sealed his wife in a protective and regenerative cocoon before his psionic energy dwindled due to exhaustion. His psionic self merged with some of the displaced matter of the Zone, dragging him away from the asteroid where Andrea’s healing cocoon rested. Mentac stored psionic energy in the crystalline structure of his prison, sometimes psychically linking with his wife but often sending out psychic flares through the Transition Zone in hope of rescue.

In 2005, one of those flares was intercepted by the Atom Family, and they were able to rescue Andrea from her cocoon and free Mentac's psionic form. However, they were unable to restore Mentac to a humanoid form, and so he departed to explore the Omniverse after bidding his family a final farewell. Andrea was understandably heartbroken by this, but elected to focus on reconnecting with her children and catch up on all that she'd missed in the previous decade.

Within a year, she was accompanying the Atoms on their adventures. This was occurring somewhat contrary to her father's wishes, as he did not wish to risk losing her again, but Andrea was equally determined to ensure that her children didn't face danger without her supervision ... and did not fully trust the artificial emulation of her father's consciousness. She was unconvinced that this was truly her father.

This state of affairs lasted until the so-called Time of Vengeance. The Goodman Building and the Atom Family came under attack by one of the G'Tach, and though members of Project Freedom came to their assistance and prevented any permanent harm to the young heroes, there was substantial damage done to the computers storing the Dr. Atom's mind. Despite her reservations, Andrea made a valiant attempt to repair the damage.

In the process, she came to realize exactly how sophisticated the machinery involved was, and her opinion about Dr. Atom's nature gradually shifted. Ultimately, the best that she was able to accomplish, even with some assistance, was to restore her father's consciousness long enough for him to set his affairs in order before shutting down for good. Once again, Andrea was left to mourn.

In the years that have followed, Andrea has watched her children grow up and been blessed with grandchildren. She has also begun a quiet relationship with Jack that she attempted to keep secret from the rest of her family, but which has been accepted by all of them when they revealed that they were aware of it from the very start. Approaching her sixtieth birthday, Andrea continues to enjoy the Atom's adventures of exploration and discovery, and tolerate the occasional fight.

Andrea Atom -- PL 12

Abilities: STR 0 | STA 2 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 8 | INT 10 | AWE 6 | PRE 4
Powers: Blaster (Ranged Damage 5, Removable), Comm Center (Senses 5 [Communication Link with the Atom Family and Jack Wolf]).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Connected, Improvised Tools, Inspire, Languages 3, Precise Shot 2, Ranged Attack 5, Second Chance (mind control), Well-Informed.
Skills: Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: History 6 (+16), Expertise: Life Sciences 12 (+22), Expertise: Physical Sciences 12 (+22), Insight 6 (+10), Investigation 7 (+17), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Blaster 3 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 12 (+22), Treatment 8 (+18), Vehicles 4 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +8 (Close, Damage 0), Blaster +11 (Ranged, Damage 5).
Defense: Dodge 14, Parry 10, Fortitude 5, Toughness 2, Will 15
Totals: Abilities 72 + Powers 13 + Advantages 16 + Skills 45 + Defense 25 = 171 points
Complications: Aging. Motivation--Responsibility: To her family and the world.
Last edited by Davies on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Toxic! (Now With Background!) Andrea Atom!

Post by Arkrite »

I love how Andrea tries to keep her budding relationship with Jack subtle, which makes sense as it's private and probably something she wouldn't want to rub in her kid's faces.
But with Jack and the kids being so close keeping something secret from them would be pretty hard.

And I've always just been rooting for Jack.

And Andrea continues her role as being the genius who can help out the heroes without overshadowing them. Assuming she's not on an adventure.

But, honestly, I've always been a big geek for the Atoms, so I'm probably biased ;~)
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:03 pm Gradually, under the mentorship of Harriet Wainwright, and with the friendship of many of the members of Project Freedom, she came to realize that she wanted to be a hero ... and found herself confronted with the opportunities to do so, confronting Omega himself on two separate occasions.
I almost missed the updated history of Toxic.
And I have to admit, I can't imagine Toxic as a softer person. Just maybe a happier one with a more hopeful outlook. With a hard edge and an evil smile.

Though I imagine her getting pregnant probably put some strains on her role in Project Freedom.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 am
And Andrea continues her role as being the genius who can help out the heroes without overshadowing them. Assuming she's not on an adventure.
I deliberately didn't give her Inventor, partially to that end, partially to not show up Tesla.
Arkrite wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 am
Though I imagine her getting pregnant probably put some strains on her role in Project Freedom.
To a degree, but it helped that Freedom City was in a relatively quiet period (one disaster per month, instead of one a day) for most of it, and that she had Seraphim around on those occasions when she went into the field. She tried to stay in harness right up until the contractions started, but ended up in ASTRO labs' hospital when it became apparent that she'd passed on her mutations (two heartbeats, one baby.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Seraphim

Exactly when and where he was created remain mysteries, even though his teammates have a fairly good idea of 'who'. 'How' he went from one of the Labyrinth's laboratories to the con artist turned revivalist preacher who took over the abandoned facilities of the Church of Jesus Christ, Paranormal in Freedom City's West End is no less of an enigma. For the first two years of his life, he believed that he was an angel of the Lord, sent to Earth to offer succor and healing to the innocent. He thought nothing of the fact that he was kept in a cell beneath the church, since he needed no comforts to do his work. If he had a regret, it was that he was unable to fly freely.

But in 2011, members of Project Freedom came, accompanied by agents of AEGIS, to investigate the new church and its angel. The scarred woman who led them awoke the Seraphim to the fact that the healing he provided was only a temporary cure, and that his keeper grew rich on the donations of his followers rather than using their money for charitable works. Not only was he not helping anyone, people had died because they relied on his healing rather than seeking medical care. He felt horrified ... and terribly, terribly angry.

He attempted to demolish the foul tabernacle of greed to which he had been party, and was stopped with some difficulty. Tried for vandalism and reckless endangerment, the mitigating circumstances of his case resulted in him receiving eight years probation under the care of Project Freedom. Fortunately, he was genuinely penitent for his descent into wrath, and has proved to be a capable teammate since then. His extremely formal method of speech, absorbed from his readings of the Bible, has kept him somewhat isolated from his teammates, though he did have a brief romantic relationship with one of the members of Team B when it formed in 2012.

While a devout believer in the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, he often surprises people by how gentle and patient he can be. "God loves all, even those who oppose Him." What can get him angry are those who cloak their venality in piety, such as his maker, but mindful of his failings, he strives to keep his temper in check.

Quite recently, Seraphim and the rest of Project Freedom had an encounter with the Avian warrior Talona, who'd come to Freedom City to test the mettle of the new Lady Liberty. They proceeded to get in the way of her doing so, earning her enmity, but she was particularly horrified by Seraphim, whom she took for a member of her species. His explanation of his origins made matters worse, for she now believed that he'd been engineered from a member of her species. This had the ring of truth to Seraphim, and he's now hoping that he'll have another chance to talk with Talona about the matter ... which isn't all that likely, given the givens.

Seraphim -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 7 | STA 8 | AGL 6 | DEX 4 | FGT 8 | INT 1 | AWE 4 | PRE 3
Powers: Adapted to High Altitudes (Immunity 4 [cold, suffocation, vacuum]), Aura of Vitality (Selective Burst Area Energizing Restorative Healing 10, Limited to Others, Temporary), Far-Seeing (Senses 2 [extended low-light vision]), Wings (Flight 5, Wings).
Advantages: Agile Feint, Attractive, Evasion, Favored Environment (aerial), Improved Defense, Languages 2 (Aramaic, [English], Greek, Hebrew, Latin), Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Perception), Tracking.
Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+13), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+13), Expertise: Theology 6 (+7), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 9 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +6, Unarmed +13 (Close Damage 7).
Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 13, Toughness 8, Will 4.
Totals: Abilities 82 + Powers 51 + Advantages 10 + Skills 21 + Defenses 15 = 179 points.
Complications: Atonement--Motivation. Formal Speech. Gullible. Wears Minimal Clothing.

Author's Note: Seraphim was basically inspired by the Ghibli-animated music video On Your Mark, and created for the second Project Freedom game.
Last edited by Davies on Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Tomorrow: The Luna Moth
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Luna Moth

Samantha Cline was born with the smarts and drive to go as far in life as she wanted, or at least as far as a woman could go back in the 1960s. She also had the good looks to match, and eventually learned she could get farther faster relying on sex appeal. Where she wanted to get was disgustingly wealthy. The only real question for her was how.

Her college transcripts helped land her a job as an aide at ASTRO Labs, but the miniskirt and heels she wore to the interview probably helped more. In any case, she quickly became the favorite of every male scientist in the building, and they eagerly showed off their latest technological breakthroughs trying to impress her. The endless parade of mouth-breathing nerds did little for her bank account, until one late night Prof. Elias P. Stickney took her into his confidence.

Stickney explained in detail how he had finally mastered the secrets of human pheromones, biochemicals capable of altering the emotional state of others. He planned on using his discovery to get rich quick as a costumed supervillain known as the Fume, and he wanted Samantha to be his partner in crime. But Samantha was nobody’s sidekick. If there really were big bucks in super-villainy, they’d be hers and hers alone. After Stickney's heart failure, she went from lab to lab, taking whatever plans and equipment seemed most useful to a costumed crook. As Luna Moth, she was soon ready to take flight.

Luna Moth started out as the most uncomplicated of super-villains. She wanted cash, jewels, and furs (in her size, of course), and used sex appeal and purloined gadgets to take them from whoever had them. As time went on, the devilish thrill of manipulating the emotions of others (especially men) meant as much to her as filthy lucre. Fate soon put her in the sights of a man who wouldn’t play the sap for her: Duncan Summers, the Raven. While she might temporarily enthrall him, in the end he was always able to outsmart her and overcome her pheromone weapons. No prison held her for very long, but she never forgot who kept putting her behind bars.

As the years wore on, her inability to make the Raven want her increasingly grated on her sanity, and she began to fixate on breaking his resistance. It proved to be an obsession without end for her, as it became apparent by the mid-1970s the Raven was gone for good. Denied her chance to make him her slave, Luna Moth’s mind shattered, and by 1982 she was a resident of Freedom City’s Providence Asylum.

And there she remained until 2008, seemingly unaware of the passage of time or what it had done to her good looks. But sinister forces were at work in the dark corners of the Asylum. On Halloween, the wardens discovered Samantha Cline embedded in a cocoon in her cell, but before they could take any other steps, they were distracted by the transformations of other prisoners. It was the beginning of a disaster that would tear down the walls of Providence Asylum, and partway through it, the Luna Moth emerged from her cocoon, more beautiful and with the powers once granted her by science now innate within her. After a brief attempt to murder Project Freedom member Fredrik Zane (whom she'd briefly met earlier) she soared away from the asylum.

Gradually, as the rush of her renewal wore off, the Luna Moth found herself once more as sane as she'd ever been. She 'adjusted' to the change in era by largely ignoring it -- there were luxuries that she wanted, and she knew exactly how to take them away from those who had them. The larger number of superheroes who might interfere with her attempts to follow her bliss simply required her to join forces with other criminals of comparable power ... since she'd be able to wrap them around her fingers quite easily.

She found herself one of the key members of the reformed Crime League, with her knowledge of magic (which is less extensive than she believes and much less extensive than she allows others to believe) granting her the role in Stratos' plans that might have belonged to the long-vanished Medea. She also acts as Tom Cypress' minder, through her guile and the occasional dose of pheromones. She has every intention of seizing total control over the Crime League and using them as her minions, but that can wait a while until she figures out exactly what she wants to do with all that power ...

... or possibly what the entity that gave her new life wants her to do with it.

Luna Moth -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 5 | AGL 5 | DEX 6 | FGT 6 | INT 8 | AWE 7 | PRE 9
Powers: Cocoon Spinning (Array: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 [Resisted by Dodge, Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, AP: Ranged Progressive Affliction 9 [Resisted by Fortitude, Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated], AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 [Resisted by Dodge, Impaired, Disabled, Unaware], Limited to Vision, AP: Continuous Create 11, Innate), Gossamer Wings (Flight 7, Wings), Implanted Mystical Knowledge (Enhanced Advantage 1 [Ritualist], Enhanced Skill 1 [Expertise: Magic 2]), Pheromones (Cloud Area Ranged Progressive Affliction 11 [Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by Will, Dazed, Stunned, Controlled], Scent-Dependent, Variable Descriptor [emotions]), Tougher Than She Looks (Protection 2, Subtle), Wide-Angle Vision (Senses 1 [radius vision]).
Advantages: Artificer, Attractive 2, Favored Environment (aerial), Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 4, Taunt.
Skills: Deception 11 (+20), Expertise: Life Sciences 6 (+14), Expertise: Magic 2 (+10), Insight 11 (+18), Investigation 8 (+16), Persuasion 11 (+20), Technology 5 (+13).
Offense: Initiative +9, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 1), Snaring Coccoon +10 (Cumulative Affliction 12, Resisted by Dodge), Suffocating Coccoon +10 (Progressive Fortitude 9), Blinding Cocoon +10 (Cumulative Affliction 12, Resisted by Dodge), Pheromones -- (Progressive Will 11).
Defense: Dodge 15, Parry 11, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7, Will 13.
Totals: Abilities 94 + Powers 97 + Advantages 10 + Skills 26 + Defenses 25 = 252 points
Complications: Greed--Motivation. Sadism. Unknown Obligations.

Author's Notes: The Luna Moth was created by Professor McGlothlin.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:07 pm
Arkrite wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 am
To a degree, but it helped that Freedom City was in a relatively quiet period (one disaster per month, instead of one a day) for most of it, and that she had Seraphim around on those occasions when she went into the field. She tried to stay in harness right up until the contractions started, but ended up in ASTRO labs' hospital when it became apparent that she'd passed on her mutations (two heartbeats, one baby.)
I meant more in regards to questions being asked as to the parentage, and how she's going to raise said child while still a member of Project Freedom.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 pm Author's Note: Seraphim was basically inspired by the Ghibli-animated music video On Your Mark, and created for the second Project Freedom game.
I can't even remember where I originally learned about this video, but I remember searching for years trying to find a copy of it.
Maybe I'm just a big Ghibli nerd, but I've always loved this video.

Also makes me scratch my head because I've seen multiple season long TV series that had less character and emotion than this six minute long video.

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 pm Seraphim -- PL 10
I liked Seraphim from his appearances. He seemed quite friendly, if very alien in nature.

His healing power might not seem terrible useful, but I imagine first responders everywhere would be happy for the extra time to get the injured to a hospital. I imagine he'll have a lot of job offers when he finishes his stay at Project Freedom.
Though with his somewhat innocent nature hopefully there's somebody out there to keep him out of trouble.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:15 am
I meant more in regards to questions being asked as to the parentage, and how she's going to raise said child while still a member of Project Freedom.
Ah, yeah, that's probably going to create problems for her and Zane, now that I think about it the right way. I suspect Zane is going to get fired from his job as Tech consultant.

As for how they're going to raise the child ... well, I think Toxic may finally be willing to see if any of those pardon offers are still on the table.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 am
Though with his somewhat innocent nature hopefully there's somebody out there to keep him out of trouble.
Well, he'll be ten years old by then, so maybe he'll have learned a few things. ;)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:50 pm The Luna Moth
Ah the completely irredeemable and entirely selfish temptress. Always a fun concept, which is now kind of scary considering some unknown evil gave her powers and youth again. I can't imagine any good will come of that.

And I think we're one encounter away from confirming beyond all doubt that she'll attempt to kill Zane on sight ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 am Ah the completely irredeemable and entirely selfish temptress. Always a fun concept, which is now kind of scary considering some unknown evil gave her powers and youth again. I can't imagine any good will come of that.
There's a hint as to who's responsible in these threads. :twisted:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Dharma

In 2007, Wong Dae-su was a fairly typical lower middle class kid from Lincoln, who'd basically stumbled into membership in a gang out of a need to belong to something. As gangs go, his was little more than a bunch of malicious mischief-makers who lacked the opportunity and initiative to get involved in serious crimes. Perhaps the only way that they distinguished themselves was in taking lessons in a school of kung fu run by the older brother of the gang's founder. By all accounts, Wong Dae-su was an uninspired student of this style.

And then something happened. He was engaged in typical teenaged pursuits when, in his own words, "a light turned on inside [his] head, and the futility of [his] actions became apparent." He had, without any particular effort on his part, achieved some manner of philosophical enlightenment, and many truths were now apparent to him. He abandoned his fellows in the gang but also ceased to attend classes at school, focusing all of his efforts on the study of the martial arts, for which he now displayed astonishing talent.

Unfortunately, he was not satisfied with the opportunities to reveal his wisdom that this lifestyle gave him. Having found truth, he wished to share it with others ... whether they had any interest in it or not. Thus it was that he kidnapped the school's football team as they were heading to a training camp, and proceeded to attempt to instruct them in the ways of enlightenment. Sonic interfered with this instruction, and the two young men were brought into a physical clash that ended with Sonic as the victor.

To his credit, once he was turned over to the police, 'Om' (as one of the kidnapped athletes dubbed him) made no attempt to escape. Submission to the proper authorities was an important part of his philosophy, after all. (And part of him relished the martyrdom he felt as a prisoner.) He remained in juvenile hall for two years, until his eighteenth birthday, when he went free and promptly sought to establish a school where he could teach the lessons he'd learned.

Unfortunately, despite his claims that anyone could learn to do the sorts of things that he did with a little time, his lack of business sense meant that the school was an almost immediate failure. He was seen as no different than any of the other martial arts instructors in town. He finally managed to attract a major client in 2009, only to learn that he was expected to "train" a group of corporate executives on a retreat -- who were more interested in drinking alcoholic beverages and viewed him as a sort of circus performer brought into amuse them.

Dae-su didn't take this very well, and reverted to old patterns of behavior. He kidnapped the executives from their homes once the retreat was over, and forced them to accompany him into the state park where they could be purged of their bad habits and approach life from a more mindful perspective. This time, Foreshadow tracked the group down and rescued the kidnap victims, defeating Dae-su in the process. Once again, Dae-su went calmly to jail. He accepted a plea bargain that got him sentenced to six years probation with Project Freedom, and took the code name 'Dharma' as a member.

Dharma is, unfortunately, one of Project Freedom's failures. He has not undergone any rehabilitation as a member of the group -- while accepting that the authorities do have the right to imprison someone who has done what he did, he still believes that his actions were morally correct owing to his enlightened perspective. When he is released in a few months, he will attempt to restart his school, and is at a high risk to re-offend if he encounters a similar situation. Despite this, he is well-liked by his teammates, and has contributed to the success of several of their missions. Off-duty, he and Seraphim have frequent polite arguments about their respective philosophies, which both enjoy.

Dharma -- PL 10

Abiltiies: STR 3 | STA 3 | AGL 5 | DEX 5 | FGT 12 | INT 1 | AWE 6 | PRE 1
Powers: Many Benefits (Array: Enhanced Strength 3, Fades, AP: Enhanced Stamina 3, Fades, AP: Enhanced Agility 3, Fades, AP: Enhanced Awareness 3, Fades, AP: Enhanced Presence 3, Fades), Meditation (Immunity 6 [cold, heat, need for sleep, starvation and thirst, suffocation], Sustained), Serenity (Immunity 15 [emotion effects, interaction skills]).
Advantages: Agile Feint, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Evasion, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 8 (+11), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+14), Expertise: Philosophy 6 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+7), Insight 8 (+14), Perception 8 (+14), Persuasion 6 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +12/+9, Unarmed +14 (Close Damage 6/3).
Defense: Dodge 14/11, Parry 14, Fortitude 11/8, Toughness 6/3, Will 12/9.
Totals: Abilities 72 + Powers 28 + Advantages 17 + Skills 26 + Defenses 16 = 159
Complications: Exemplar--Motivation. Lifestyle Strictures.
Davies

Re: Grond

Post by Davies »

Davies wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:12 pm Grond

The year was 1966, and Sydney Potter was one of VIPER's Nest Leaders in the San Francisco area. Orders came down from up above to use the resources given to him to investigate the strengths of several so-called heroes who'd recently emerged in the area, while still pursuing various other objectives. Not only was this mission a complete failure, but it also alerted the heroes to the existence of VIPER and caused them to band together as the first iteration of the Champions.

Meanwhile, Sydney was forced to abandon his entire operation and flee into the night ... where he was promptly recaptured and brought before the Grand Imperator for judgement. In light of the many successes Potter had shown before getting involved with these heroes, the Grand Imperator was inclined to be surprisingly lenient. Sydney was thus volunteered to take part in a series of medical experiments intended to test improved manaka root extracts. He entertained hopes that by doing this, he'd become a super soldier for VIPER ...

... which hopes were cheerfully crushed by the administrating doctor, who explained that if they succeeded in giving him super-strength, they'd promptly cut him up to figure what had facilitated the transformation and then use whatever they learned on VIPER soldiers who'd been less of a screw-up. Consequently, after he was administered an overdose of the wrong serum, Sydney made an attempt to escape with his life, and fell into VIPER headquarters' nuclear reactor containment pool. Managing to get out of that mess, he escaped from the facility during an electrical storm, and was promptly struck by lightning as he dove into an industrially polluted river.

Something rose up out of the river. Just which of the many potentially mutating agents he'd been exposed to, or which combination of them, produced the four-armed, green-skinned, water breathing monstrosity known as Grond has never been clear, but for the rest of the twentieth century and the first years of the twenty-first, he was a menace throughout the Pacific Rim, driven by either his own rage or the manipulation of more intelligent villains. And all the while, the mind of Sydney Potter screamed within him, desperate for release.

However, quite recently it appears that Grond may have met his match, as the Australian Navy's HMAS Hammersley reported their observations of a confrontation between him and the Atlantean warbeast Dakuwanga (see Threat Report). While most of the battle between the two monsters took place beneath the surface, obscuring details, what was clear was that Dakuwanga was the only one of them to leave the area, with no sign of Grond to be seen. It is far too soon to conclude that this marks Grond's final demise, but as months pass without any further sightings, it seems more and more likely.

Grond -- PL 13

Abilities: STR 18 | STA 19 | AGL 1 | DEX 0 | FGT 8 | INT -2 | AWE 0 | PRE -1
Powers: Amphibious (Immunity 3 [cold, drowning, pressure]; Swimming 5), Big (Growth 2, Permanent, Innate), Has Four Arms and Two Chests (Extra Limbs 2; Multiattack Damage 9 as an Alternate Power of Strength Damage), Strong (Leaping 12; Power-Lifting 1), Tough (Impervious Toughness 14), Unaging (Immunity 1 [aging])
Advantages: Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Power Attack.
Skills: Intimidation 14 (+15), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Throwing 8 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 18)
Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 7, Fortitude 20, Toughness 19, Will 4.
Totals: Abilities 80 + Powers 46 + Advantages 4 + Skills 12 + Defenses 10 = 150 points
Complications: Rage--Motivation. Paranoia.
Author's Note: Re-reading Threat Report, I realized that Dakuwanga more or less filled the same niche that I'd assigned to Grond -- and was, ahem, somewhat inspired by the same, I think -- and so I decided to have them face off in a battle that only one of them swam away from.