World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima!

Post by Shock »

Davies wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 pm I volunteer myself to marry Princess Jessika- a solemn, introverted, super-strong princess in FULL BODY ARMOR? Yes please!
Perhaps I should have specified, "monogamously wed to the city." :lol:
You could have but it wouldn't have made a difference ;}
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 pm I volunteer myself to marry Princess Jessika- a solemn, introverted, super-strong princess in FULL BODY ARMOR? Yes please!
Probably not. :lol:

Next Up: Youen-Sut, the Scintillating Eye

Then: Captain Steelhead.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Since you mentioned her surprising network of allies, I'd give Jessika the Connected advantage. Or is that included in her Benefit?

And I have to wonder, is her mother still out there somewhere?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 am Since you mentioned her surprising network of allies, I'd give Jessika the Connected advantage. Or is that included in her Benefit?
Good idea.
Shock wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 amAnd I have to wonder, is her mother still out there somewhere?
What with one thing and another, Jessika hasn't had the chance to check on the madhouse where she was incarcerated a decade ago. Discovering the truth of what happened to her would be one of her subsidiary goals.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:39 pm
Hey, the ruler is obligated to create an heir to the throne to prevent a succession war.
Jab might still have some hope. ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 am Hey, the ruler is obligated to create an heir to the throne to prevent a succession war.
Or designate one. Her heir presumptive is her cousin Aleaxa, daughter of the aunt who married Maximus. (Maximus is not Aleaxa's father; she's a child of her mother's first marriage, whose father was lost at sea before Aleaxa was born.) That said, Aleaxa shows no signs of inheriting the dynasty's strength and would likely be Maximus' puppet, making her a less than desirable choice.

Also, Jab has no shot. :lol:
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry, Jab, I tried ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:45 am
Shock wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:02 amAnd I have to wonder, is her mother still out there somewhere?
What with one thing and another, Jessika hasn't had the chance to check on the madhouse where she was incarcerated a decade ago. Discovering the truth of what happened to her would be one of her subsidiary goals.
It's fortunate nothing untoward would ever happen in a medieval asylum...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:24 am
Arkrite wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 am Hey, the ruler is obligated to create an heir to the throne to prevent a succession war.
Or designate one. Her heir presumptive is her cousin Aleaxa, daughter of the aunt who married Maximus. (Maximus is not Aleaxa's father; she's a child of her mother's first marriage, whose father was lost at sea before Aleaxa was born.) That said, Aleaxa shows no signs of inheriting the dynasty's strength and would likely be Maximus' puppet, making her a less than desirable choice.

Also, Jab has no shot. :lol:
Th-th-- that's fine. I mean, it's not like I was planning our wedding or anything. Or buying an engagement ring. Or picturing our future toge-- toget...

*sob*

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!

Ultimaid has a good backstory, and a lot of potential complications. Can I marry her, instead :)?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:58 am
Th-th-- that's fine. I mean, it's not like I was planning our wedding or anything. Or buying an engagement ring. Or picturing our future toge-- toget...

*sob*

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!

Ultimaid has a good backstory, and a lot of potential complications. Can I marry her, instead :)?
If you don't mind knowing that you come in second place to her burning desire to bring about Kal-Zed's painful demise, then go right ahead.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias!

Post by Davies »

Youen-Sut, the Scintillating Eye

The earliest memories of the child Youen-Sut are of the cabin of the great ship which brought him from the Dragon Lands to the continent where he would spend the rest of his life. The faces of his parents, the village where he lived, any details of the land of his birth, all are lost in a haze which he suspects cannot be natural, but rather the product of magical memory tampering. Well, perhaps it was meant to be.

His master, the previous Scintillating Eye, had him brought to Emeraldias primarily to act as a servant. Or so it seemed to the child. He wasn't to know that the master's divinations had revealed that this boy was most likely to inherit the powers and responsibilities of the master's office, and so had to be raised in the "proper" manner. And thus he never realized that most servant children are not taught to read, to write, to speak several languages, to know the basics of sorcerous theory, and to keep all of this secret.

Eventually, one of the old man's enemies worked a spell that got through the old man's defenses, and he died quite suddenly. Before Youen-Sut could come to any understanding of this abrupt change in his life, his mind and soul were filled with the voice of an elder dragon. His studies had, he now knew, prepared him for this moment, and he agreed to the terms of the pact. The dragon's power was his to use, as long as he provided it with experiences gleaned from the distant land it could never otherwise witness ... and occasionally did a small service, from time to time.

As you might expect, the services were more frequent than the word 'occasional" would imply. While fulfilling one such task in the hills north of Emeraldias, Youen-Sut found himself allied with a group of adventurers travelling through the same region. It didn't take much magic for him to realize that these supposed rogues were actually in the service of the Princess of Emeraldias, preparing for the day when she would claim her throne. Seeing an opportunity, he offered his own services to the group's patron, and since then has acted as Her Majesty's magical counsellor, affording him experiences he could never have known as a menace best avoided. The demands on his time are a new burden, but he can manage them ... for now.

Youen-Sut -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 0 | STA 0 | AGL 1 | DEX 3 | FGT 1 | INT 3 | AWE 6 | PRE 4
Powers: Dragon's Eye (Senses 2 [radius magical awareness]), Mystic Shield (Sustained Protection 10, Subtle), Sorcery (Array: Ranged Damage 9, AP: Perception Range Affliction 8 [Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled], Visual-Dependent, Subtle 2, AP: Nullify Magic 6, Broad, Simultaneous).
Advantages: Contacts, Fearless, Languages 2, Ritualist, Trance.
Skills: Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 8 (+11), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+10), Ranged Combat: Sorcery 4 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +1 (Close Damage 0), Dragon's Breath +7 (Ranged Damage 9), Dragon's Gaze -- (Perception Range Will).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 4, Fortitude 4, Toughness 10/0, Will 10
Totals: Abilities 36 + Powers 33 + Advantages 6 + Skills 19 + Defenses 16 = 110 points
Complications: The Dragon's Demands--Motivation. Reputation (evil wizard).
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 am If you don't mind knowing that you come in second place to her burning desire to bring about Kal-Zed's painful demise, then go right ahead.
I'm pretty sure everyone here would be down with that.
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias!

Post by Arkrite »

Voltron64 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 pm
Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 am If you don't mind knowing that you come in second place to her burning desire to bring about Kal-Zed's painful demise, then go right ahead.
I'm pretty sure everyone here would be down with that.
I don't know, call me greedy but I'd like to think I rated higher in my loved one's priorities than them hunting down and killing somebody.

And while I can't say that Kal-Zed doesn't have it coming, I can't imagine that her succeeding is going to do great things for her personally.
Not that I think she can succeed.
Davies wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 pm Reputation (evil wizard).
Some of my best friends are evil wizards.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Captain Steelhead
AKA Trudolla Gallantes

Trudolla's father, Admon Gallantes, was the admiral of Emeraldia's small navy at the time of Prince Huppert's death, and she herself served as a middie on one of the ships in that fleet. But the entire navy was cashiered when Maximus' regency took power, as his agents preferred to bribe pirates to leave the merchant fleet alone rather than spend money to defend it. Admon took his daughter and a large number of sailors personally loyal to him, and sailed away on the fleet's flagship, to become a mercenary pirate hunter.

He died in a skirmish six years later, and Trudolla -- who'd quickly risen to become his second-in-command -- inherited his ship, the enchanted armor he'd found on an island somewhere, and the sobriquet 'Captain Steelhead'. The new Captain strove to live up to the ideals that her father had instilled in her, but ideals, famously, will not keep one fed. Nor did pirate hunting in a time when, ironically enough, Captain Steelhead had inspired a dozen or more other mercenary pirate hunters to start roving the waves. Trudolla hated it, but there were times when her crew were forced to act as pirates themselves.

As the years passed, those times kept becoming more and more necessary as their reputation spread and fewer legitimate ports would allow them to take anchorage. Then a representative from the young Princess of Emeraldias contacted Trudolla with an offer of amnesty if she would agree to lead the city's navy once again. The captain initially distrusted the offer, thinking it a trap, but after some drama -- and after learning that the so-called representative was in fact the Princess herself -- she agreed.

So far, the job has worked out pretty well for all concerned. The only problem is that her primary loyalty is still to her crew's well-being, and Captain Steelhead is well aware that their share of whatever prizes they bring in is much less than it would be if they were pirates. There may come a day when the crew starts demanding more money for their duty, and she's not sure what she'll do then.

Captain Steelhead -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 6/1 | STA 6/2 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 5 | INT 4 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Powers: Enchanted Armor (Enhanced Stamina 4; Enhanced Strength 5; Immunity 2 [cold, drowning]; Movement 1 [environmental adaptation--aquatic]; Protection 5, Swimming 5; Removable), Crossbow Gauntlet (Array: Ranged Damage 3, Accurate, AP: Ranged Affliction 3 [Resisted by Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Accurate; Removable)
Equipment: Sword (Strength-based Damage 3), The Revenge of Admon Gallantes (see below)
Advantages: Benefit 3 (Admiral of the Fleet), Close Attack 2, Equipment 5, Leadership, Teamwork
Skills: Athletics 4 (+5/+10), Expertise: Mariner 6 (+10), Expertise: 8 (+12) Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Crossbow 5 (+7), Vehicles 9 (+11).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 6/1), Sword +7 (Close Damage 9/4), Crossbow +9 (Ranged Damage 3), Netshot +9 (Ranged Affliction 3)
Defense: Dodge 4, Parry 5, Fortitude 6/2, Toughness 11/2, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 38 + Powers 31 + Advantages 12 + Skills 19 + Defenses 6 = 106 points
Complications: Loyalty to Her Crew--Motivation. Reputation (pirate).

Vehicle: The Revenge of Admon Gallantes -- 20 points
Size: Gargantuan. Strength: 12. Toughness: 11. Speed: 5 (water). Features: Ballista (Ranged Damage 6).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

*looks at the picture*
Wow. Wednesday Addams grew up. And is hot.