World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:08 pm Doesn't a rank 15 aura make her PL 15, though?
Nope, in order to use it as an active attack, she has to make a unarmed attack, so it benefits from trade-offs.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:27 pm That smile is much scarier when it's got a PL12 Touch of Death to back it up.

I like Inspire and that her Persuasion has outpaced her Intimidation.
Fear the smile!

And I have to agree, shows some growth with her outlook changing a bit, and her long term on and off again leadership role for Project Freedom.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:31 am
Shock wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:27 pm That smile is much scarier when it's got a PL12 Touch of Death to back it up.

I like Inspire and that her Persuasion has outpaced her Intimidation.
Fear the smile!

And I have to agree, shows some growth with her outlook changing a bit, and her long term on and off again leadership role for Project Freedom.
As well as how she manages to work as a sergeant when she's not in the leader chair. ("The boss wouldn't ask you to do this if he didn't think you could, so you can, right? I said right?")
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:25 pm
RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:08 pm Doesn't a rank 15 aura make her PL 15, though?
Nope, in order to use it as an active attack, she has to make a unarmed attack, so it benefits from trade-offs.
That makes no sense, since most Auras are used passively as a Reaction, this allows a character to break caps on damage when any other power that provokes a save is limited by PL.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 am That makes no sense, since most Auras are used passively as a Reaction, this allows a character to break caps on damage when any other power that provokes a save is limited by PL.
I believe the intent is that the reaction is set off when she hits somebody, not when somebody hits her.
So less of an "Aura" and more of a linked power off a melee attack.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:03 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:28 am That makes no sense, since most Auras are used passively as a Reaction, this allows a character to break caps on damage when any other power that provokes a save is limited by PL.
I believe the intent is that the reaction is set off when she hits somebody, not when somebody hits her.
So less of an "Aura" and more of a linked power off a melee attack.
That would make sense, but that's not how the Aura extra works. The Aura extra is specifically designed to mimic things like the Human Torch being on fire, so anything that comes in contact is subject to damage. Under game mechanics the two set ups have some important distinctions. Yes, an Aura and a linked close attack both potentially provoke a second save when a close attack is made, but an Aura also has a reactive effect when a close attack is made against the character possessing the Aura, that's why the extra is so pricey. Unless that reactive effect requires an attack roll, which I do not believe it does, an Aura should be subject to PL limitations similar to an Area Attack.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pmUnless that reactive effect requires an attack roll, which I do not believe it does, an Aura should be subject to PL limitations similar to an Area Attack.
I disagree.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Davies wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:18 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pmUnless that reactive effect requires an attack roll, which I do not believe it does, an Aura should be subject to PL limitations similar to an Area Attack.
I disagree.
It's your sandbox, so your interpretation is the final word.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Toxic!

Post by Davies »

Inspired by the Olympians in Jab's thread and some of the discussion there, I've written an article on the Olympians known to Earth Prime, here.
Davies

Post by Davies »

It's out, downloading my PDF now.

Edit: Okay, so that's what happened to Seven. I can work with this.

So that's what Wainwright looks like, eh? Pretty close to what I had in mind.

Huh. And Doc Otaku has indeed apparently gone straight. That's interesting.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Davies wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm It's out, downloading my PDF now.
I know what I'm doing once I get hime from work.....
Huh. And Doc Otaku has indeed apparently gone straight. That's interesting.
Called it! (with some help from CD)
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The book actually came out?
*Goes to see if pigs are flying*
Davies

Post by Davies »

Now that I've gotten a look at the official timeline, I'm able to post my addendum/erratum to it, here.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Wait, isn't Doc Otaku supposed to be causing trouble in Emerald City?
Davies

Post by Davies »

In the Threat Report about him, you mean? I think that must have been about events before he turned 18 in 2010, even though it came out in 2011. <shrug>