Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Now Gargoyles!!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Sidious

Re: Ani-Men

Post by Sidious »

Ken wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:47 am
Sidious wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm Ani-Men
WOW. I read these issues of Justice League of America back in high school (I'm old). I never thought I'd see these guys written up for an RPG. Awesome!!!
LOL thanks! I have those issues too. Loved the whole concept of the Ani-Men. These guys out planned the pre-crisis JLA (believe this was after Batman took off for the Outsiders, bet it was just his players turn to GM and it shows in the planning). I mean they basically crucified Superman using a red sun light emitter and put a hologram of him over a nameless mook to catch Firestorm. That's some Batman planning stuff right there. Then having Wonder Woman taken out by the Whale dude and Aquaman having to push his telepathy to shut down it's mind. It was really good story telling that I would have liked to see more of.

I may revisit the Mars Attacks story from that era, as that was another good arc, even IF it lead into the JLA-Detroit era. I'll leave the flip side story (where Superman, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman team with the JSA. It was horrible filler) by the wayside.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sidious wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:59 pm
Sidious wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm Ani-Men
WOW. I read these issues of Justice League of America back in high school (I'm old). I never thought I'd see these guys written up for an RPG. Awesome!!!
LOL thanks! I have those issues too. Loved the whole concept of the Ani-Men. These guys out planned the pre-crisis JLA (believe this was after Batman took off for the Outsiders, bet it was just his players turn to GM and it shows in the planning). I mean they basically crucified Superman using a red sun light emitter and put a hologram of him over a nameless mook to catch Firestorm. That's some Batman planning stuff right there. Then having Wonder Woman taken out by the Whale dude and Aquaman having to push his telepathy to shut down it's mind. It was really good story telling that I would have liked to see more of.

I may revisit the Mars Attacks story from that era, as that was another good arc, even IF it lead into the JLA-Detroit era. I'll leave the flip side story (where Superman, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman team with the JSA. It was horrible filler) by the wayside.
Kurt Busiek's one issue JLA story introducing Paragon was around that time. And the Lucerfase story, which was unique in that it may be the only JLA story, prior to the Detroit era, that had none of the founders AND no one who had his or her own book.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Sidious wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm Image

Background:
They were the former board members of the bankrupt corporation, Repli-Tech Industries. When Repli-Tech's CEO Rex Rogan discovered that the company was going under, he had his top scientist, Doctor Lovecraft, use an experimental DNA treatment to transform Rex and the others into powerful beast men. Rex became a lion-man, his assistant and lover Irena, became a cat-woman named Reena. Others were transformed into rhinoceros-men, whale-men, lizard-men, scorpion-men, etc.

Naming himself Maximus Rex, Rogan provided his Ani-Men with the glory and power that he had promised them. He opened a private stadium called the Arena, where the Ani-Men would participate in bloody gladiatorial combat. Maximus Rex presided over the festivities to an audience filled with the wealthiest elite the city of New York had to offer. Rex himself would also engage in combat, but always as the main event of the evening.

Reena, eventually grew sickened with what happened to her and the others. Betraying her lover, she sought sanctuary with the Justice League of America. She told the League about Rex and the Ani-Men and the League fought up against the Ani-Men on at least three separate occasions. The Ani-Men proved powerful though and League members Elongated Man, the Flash and Hawkman all suffered severe injuries.

What Rex and the others didn't know however, was that the process that gave them their animal powers, was also robbing them of their humanity. They eventually devolved into a completely animalistic state. The League determined that the Ani-Men were now just normal animals and no longer presented a threat to humanity. They left them to eke out their own lives on a small island off the coast of Newfoundland.

Members: Maximus Rex, Reena, Rowl, Gargantus, Doctor Lovecraft, various members of the Repli-tech Corporation

Maximus Rex
STATISTICS
F: IN(40)
A: RM(30)
S: RM(30)
E: IN(40)
R: GD(10)
I: RM(30)
P: GD(10)

Health: 140
Resources: Am/50
Popularity: 0

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States
Identity: Secret
Marital Status: Single
Base of Operations: Repli-Tech Arena; Repli-Tech Island, Newfoundland

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal abilities – Lion: Rex has been genetically altered to be half man and half lion.
  • Invulnerability: Good (10)
  • Claws & Fangs: Remarkable (30) edged damage
  • Leaping: Remarkable (30)
  • Senses:
    • Hearing: Incredible (40)
    • Smell: Incredible (40)
LIMITATION:
Serious Rage: Rex’s mutation has caused him to exhibit an increase in anger and violent behavior. He currently needs to make a YELLOW Psyche feat to avoid going into a killing fury at the slightest provocation.

TALENTS: Business/Finance

HISTORY
When he discovered that Repli-Tech was going bankrupt, he initiated a radical tactic that he promised would provide his company's board of directors and he with ultimate power. Relying upon the services of his top scientific mind, Doctor Lovecraft, the board members underwent an experiment in DNA manipulation that trans-formed them into human-animal hybrids. The process gave Rogan great power, but at the expense of his sanity.

Calling himself Maximus Rex, Rogan established the Arena, a private stadium, the function of which, was to provide gladiatorial games for the elite and super-rich. The Arena proved extremely popular and patrons were able to satisfy their blood-lust by watching Rogan's Ani-Men slaughter captured prisoners for sport.

Rogan's loyal assistant and lover, Irena, could no longer stomach Rogan's actions. She turned to the aid of the Justice League of Amer-ica and implored them to stop Rogan's Ani-Men. Some of the League members were reluctant to trust Irena (now calling herself Reena), and felt that she was as culpable in the slaughter of innocent civilians as Rex.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

The League fought against Maxi-mus Rex and the Ani-Men, but were soundly defeated. Elongated Man and the Flash suffered severe injuries although they recuperated quickly.

With the location of the Arena compromised, Rex relocated his Ani-Men to a private island off the coast of Newfoundland. The League fought against them a second time, and during this fight, they discovered that the process that transformed Rex and the others into the Ani-Men was having an adverse effect. The process was evolving them into true beasts. Before long, they lost all of their humanity and became true animals. The League determined that they no longer posed a threat and left them on the island.

Reena
STATISTICS
F: RM(30)
A: IN(40)
S: EX(20)
E: RM(30)
P: EX(20)

Health: 120
Resources: NA

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States
Base of Operations: Repli-Tech Island, Newfoundland

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal abilities – Panther: Reena has been genetically altered to be half woman and half panther.
  • Invulnerability: Poor (4)
  • Claws & Fangs: Excellent (20) edged damage
  • Leaping: Remarkable (30)
  • Stealth: Good (10)
  • Senses:
    • Hearing: Incredible (40)
    • Smell: Incredible (40)
LIMITATION:
Serious Rage: Reena’s mutation has caused her to exhibit an increase in anger and violent behavior. She currently needs to make a GREEN Psyche feat to avoid going into a animalistic rage when in combat.

TALENTS: Accounting; Finance

HISTORY
It was Irena who first presented the company's board members with the devastating news that Repli-Tech was going bankrupt. To save themselves from lives of destitution and possible imprisonment, Rex Rogan had all of the board members, as well as Irena, participate in a scientific experiment that transformed them into human-animal hybrids. Irena was trans-formed into a dark-skinned cat-woman and began referring to herself simply as Reena.

Rogan (now known as Maximus Rex) used his newfound gifts to establish a gladiatorial combat stadium called the Arena. At the Arena, wealthy patrons would pay top dollar to watch the Ani-Men slaughter captured civilians for sport. Although Reena remained loyal to Rex for quite a while, it was only a matter of time before her conscience could no longer allow her to play witness to such atrocities.

Reena encountered the Justice League member known as Firestorm and begged him for sanctuary. After hearing her tale, Fire-storm brought Reena to the Justice League Satellite to keep her safe from Maximus Rex's bloodlust. The other League members did not readily trust Reena, believing that she was just as responsible as the other Ani-Men for the atrocities that had been committed. Still, they investigated the matter and Reena remained aboard the satellite.

They eventually outfitted Reena with a micro-transmitter that enabled the League to track Rex and the Ani-Men to a small island off the coast of Newfoundland. Rex was enraged at Reena's betrayal and the two came to blows. The fight was inconclusive however, as the process that had granted the Ani-Men their powers was now devolving them into a completely animalistic state. Reena trans-formed fully into a cat and remained on the island.

Rhino Man
STATISTICS
A: TY(6)
S: IN(40)
R: TY(6)
I: GD(10)
P: TY(6)

Health: 116

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal Abilities – Rhino:
  • Armor Skin: Rm/30
  • Horn: In/40 edged
  • Running: Ex/20
LIMITATION:
Serious Rage: Ani-men exhibit an increase in anger and violent behavior. They need to make a YELLOW Psyche feat to avoid going into a killing fury at the slightest provocation.

Bird Man
STATISTICS
F: GD(10)
A: EX(20)
E: EX(20)
I: EX(20)

Health: 70

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal Abilities – Bird:
  • Winged Flight: Gd/10
  • Talon Feet: Rm/30 edged
  • Keen Eye sight: Rm/30
LIMITATION:
Serious Rage: Ani-men exhibit an increase in anger and violent behavior. They need to make a YELLOW Psyche feat to avoid going into a killing fury at the slightest provocation.

Scorpion Man
STATISTICS
F: IN(40)
I: TY(6)

Health: 116

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal Abilities – Scorpion:
  • Armor Skin – Carapace: In/40
  • Pincers: In/40 edged damage
  • Stinger: In/40 piercing damage, Am/50 venom
  • Wall Crawling: Rm/30
LIMITATION:

Whale Man
STATISTICS
F: GD(10)
A: GD(10)
S: AM(50)
E: AM(50)

Health: 120

KNOWN POWERS:
Animal Abilities – Whale:
  • Growth: Whale men are whale sized typically 20 ft in length and weigh several tons.
  • Armor Skin: Am/50
  • Hold Breath: They may hold their breath for up to 20 minutes at a time.
  • Swimming: Ex/20
LIMITATION:

Doctor Lovecraft
STATISTICS
F: PR(4)
A: PR(4)
S: PR(4)
E: TY(6)
R: RM(30)

Health: 18
Resources: Am/50

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record
Other Known Aliases: Dr Love
Place of Birth: Unrevealed
Marital Status: Unrevealed
Known Relatives: Unrevealed
Base of Operations: Repli-Tech Island, Newfoundland

TALENTS: Genetics (+2CS)
I never heard/saw them before! I also never saw that issue with "Willow" in it either. This one missed out on some good issues!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 am I never heard/saw them before! I also never saw that issue with "Willow" in it either. This one missed out on some good issues!
Justice League of America (vol. 1) issue 139 (part 2) through 146, and then 149 & 150 are actually one very long story. And unlike modern comics, the individual issues can still be read as individual stories, such as the Willow-Construct story in #142, or half of a two-parter. But if one reads all of them, one can see the plots and subplots build. I'm surprised DC has never collected it.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:38 am
Goldar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 am I never heard/saw them before! I also never saw that issue with "Willow" in it either. This one missed out on some good issues!
Justice League of America (vol. 1) issue 139 (part 2) through 146, and then 149 & 150 are actually one very long story. And unlike modern comics, the individual issues can still be read as individual stories, such as the Willow-Construct story in #142, or half of a two-parter. But if one reads all of them, one can see the plots and subplots build. I'm surprised DC has never collected it.
Ah, thank you for the issues info!

This one will attempt to find/read these issues. This one thought he knew all about the JLA, but has much to learn. A collected edition would help this one read all of these good issues. Must focus my empathic powers to make this happen.
Sidious

Daken

Post by Sidious »

Daken

STATISTICS
E: RM(30)
I: IN(40)
P: IN(40)

Health: 110
Resources: Gd/10
Popularity: -5

BACKGROUND
Occupation: former adventurer, assassin, criminal, Horseman of Death, government operative
Legal Status: Citizen of Japan and Krakoa
Other Known Aliases: Daken Aki-hiro, Kid-Wolverine, "Mongrel", Wolverine
Place of Birth: Jasmine Falls, Ja-pan
Known Relatives: Mr. Howlett (step-paternal great grandfather, deceased); John Howlett, Sr. (step-paternal grandfather, deceased); Thomas Logan (paternal grandfather, deceased); Elizabeth Howlett (paternal grandmother, deceased); Elias Hudson & Frederick Hudson (grand-uncles, deceased); James Howlett (Wolverine, father); Itsu (mother, deceased); Akihira (adoptive father, deceased); Natsumi (adoptive mother, deceased); Dog Logan (paternal uncle); John Howlett, Jr. (paternal uncle, deceased); Erista (paternal half-brother); Cannon Foot, Saw Fist & William Downing (paternal half-brothers, deceased); Junichiro (adoptive brother, deceased); Laura Kinney (paternal half-sister); Fire Knives & Shadow S. (paternal half-sisters, deceased); Raze Darkholme (paternal half-brother); Amiko (foster sister); Gabby Kinney (clone of paternal half-sister); Frederick Hudson II (first cousin once removed); Truett Hudson (second cousin); Victor Hudson (second cousin); James Hudson (second cousin)
Base of Operations: Krakoa Formerly X-Mansion, Hightown, Madripoor; Los Angeles, California, Alcatraz Island, San Francisco Bay, California; H.A.M.M.E.R. secret base
Past Group Affiliations: formerly Soteira, X-Men (Blue Team), Wolverines, Horsemen of Death, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men
Present Group Affiliation:

KNOWN POWERS:
Retractable Bone Claws: Daken possesses three retractable claws housed beneath the skin and muscle of his forearms, two claws which emerge from between the skin of his first and third knuckles and one from his inner wrist. These claws are of Incredible (40) material strength able to penetrate up to Incredible (40) materials, and cause Remarkable (30) edged damage.

Healing Factor: Daken has an accelerated healing factor that allows him to rapidly regenerate any damaged, missing or destroyed bodily tissues, cells, limbs and organs.
  • Recovery: He regains one lost Endurance rank per day.
  • Regeneration: At Monstrous (75) rank, Daken can recover 8 points of Health each turn. This power seems to function even when his Health is reduced to 0.
  • Resistances: Daken has Unearthly (100) resistance to aging, toxins and disease.
  • Resistance – cold: Typical (6) resistance to environmental cold.
  • Self-Revival: Remarkable (30), Daken’s healing factor will even bring him back from the dead, as long as his cells are still alive.
Animal Senses: Daken possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable or superior to those of many animals. His hearing and olfactory are at Monstrous (75) strength. He has developed his tracking to Monstrous (75) ability.

Psi-screen: Daken has demonstrated resistance to telepathy at Remarkable(30) ability.

Pheromone Control: Daken also possesses empathic pherokinetic abilities. He can use his pheromones to manipulate the emotional state and sensory perceptions of other beings.
  • Conceal his own scent with In/40 ability.
  • Make others feel emotions at In/40 ability
TALENTS: Acrobatics; Linguistics: English, Japanese, Greek, Italian, and German; Martial Arts: A,B,C,D,E; Persuasion; Tracking

CONTACTS: Romulus, The Brotherhood, criminal.

HISTORY
Akihiro was the son of Wolverine and his Japanese wife, Itsu. In 1946, Itsu, while in the last stages of her pregnancy, was murdered by the Winter Soldier in an attempt to draw Wolverine out and return him to the custody of Madripoor. After Itsu's death, Romulus took the baby, cutting him from his mother's womb and leaving her body be-hind. The baby survived the inci-dent, possibly due to his mutant healing factor, which he inherited from his father.

Romulus left the baby on the door-step of Akihira and Natsumi, a wealthy, young and traditional Japanese couple. They took the child's arrival as an answer to their prayers and raised him as their own. Though he was named Akihi-ro by his father, the servants and other families of his town secretly referred to the boy as Daken (駄犬, "mongrel"), a slur on his obvious mixed heritage. As Akihiro grew up, he was often teased by the other children of the town. This harsh treatment and his adoptive mother's indifference toward him caused Akihiro to develop a very cold persona to all except his adoptive father.

One night, Natsumi confessed to Akihira that she didn't love their adopted son and that, after years of trying to conceive, she was pregnant. Akihiro overheard this and felt his position in the house-hold to be threatened. In 1955, after the birth of the baby, Junichi-ro, Akihiro confronted his mother, telling her that he had killed her son. When Akihira found out he disowned Akihiro, taking him into the forest behind their home and telling him to leave and never re-turn. Daken furiously responded that "Akihiro" was not his true name. Natsumi then appeared, running at Daken and trying to kill him with a rifle's bayonet. The at-tack caused Daken's claws to ex-tend reflexively, and with a flail of his arm, he accidentally slashed Natsumi through the chest, killing her. Unable to force himself to harm his son, Akihira instead committed suicide with the dis-carded rifle. Romulus then ap-peared to the boy for the first time since infancy, saying that he was what Daken would someday be-come.

In 1959, Romulus sent Daken to a boot camp in Canada ruled by Frederick Hudson, the same camp where Wolverine had first trained more than forty years earlier. Daken was also trained by the same man as his father, Silas Burr. Burr trained Daken for nine months before Daken disappeared one night. While two search parties were sent out to find him, Daken, at the behest of Romulus, reap-peared in the camp and killed eve-ry man there before confronting Frederick Hudson and Silas Burr.

Daken killed Frederick Hudson with his claws and then confronted Burr, during their fight, Daken at-tacked with not only his claws but also his power to ramp up and manipulate his own pheromones, using the ability to make Burr so giddy that he started laughing, con-fusing him and allowing Daken to draw first blood. Burr, however, quickly recovered, punching Daken across the room with so much force that he believed for a mo-ment to have killed him. Daken got back to his feet after Burr turned away, holding a revolver which had been dropped by the last man he'd killed. Daken fired three shots into Burr's back and then prepared to fire one into his head, but Romulus appeared and stopped him, telling Daken that he had plans for Burr. Romulus then decided to bond the indestructible metal called Ada-mantium to Burr's skin, Burr sur-vived the surgery and became known as Cyber years later.

In 1977, Romulus revealed to Daken that his father was still alive, but lied at the same time, telling Daken that it was Wolverine who had killed Itsu in an attempt to pre-vent Daken from being born, be-cause he feared what Daken would become. This lie sowed a seed of vengeance in Daken that Romulus continued to feed in the following decades.

After this revelation, Daken discov-ered that a strange man wanted to have his revenge on Wolverine, after being wronged by him in the past. Daken decided to help this man and joined his criminal organ-ization: The Red Right Hand. It was also on this day that Daken saw his father possibly for the first time. Daken then tracked his father’s children all around the world for years, he then gave them to the Red Right Hand and on his advice, the criminal organization trained them in order to use them as weapons against Wolverine. Daken knew that they wouldn't stand a chance against Wolverine but having his father killing them would hurt him in the worst way possible. Those children would later be known as the Mongrels.

In modern times, Daken finally met Wolverine face to face for the first time, after Wolverine was captured by the S.H.I.E.L.D., Daken dis-guised himself as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, he then stabbed a Dum Dum Dugan LMD before confront-ing his incarcerated father. He deemed him weak, he then slashed him across the stomach, killing him temporarly and leaving him to bleed on the floor, as his mother had been left many years before. Daken's action also "aided" his father in escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D., but not for benevolent reasons.

Daken next arrived in Berlin at the home of a woman he had been been playing as a patsy. He led her to believe that he had been cheat-ing on her with a man that he was actually just planning to kill for a passport. Knowing that she would drink an entire bottle of burgundy which they had purchased togeth-er, Daken secretly poisoned it with sleeping pills, making it appear that she had committed suicide as he stated that she was a footprint he was erasing.

While walking through the streets of Potsdam, Germany, Daken was contacted by an anonymous mes-senger who reminded him of his displeased master's "ultimate goal". Daken dispatched the mes-senger in anger that he was being prevented from having the oppor-tunity to confront his father on open ground as his master had prom-ised him. Later he was on a train to Brussels, watching his father in a nearby stolen car. He then re-ceived a phone call from an un-known "friend", who was actually Daken's former combat instructor Cyber. Cyber confirmed his fa-ther's destination. After "helping" him escaped from S.H.I.E.L.D., Daken lured his father into a bank vault in Brussels that contained a Carbonadium synthesizer, Daken engaged Wolverine in battle, with Daken demonstrating great fighting prowess similar to his fa-ther. The fight was interrupted however, by Cyber. He challenged Daken, his finest student, to com-bat in hopes Daken would take him to his supposed "master".

Losing the fight due to Cyber's su-perior strength and being impervi-ous to harm, Daken fled, leaving his father and his former instructor to deal with each other. Later, on a train through Eastern Europe, Daken was tortured by his cousin Victor Hudson through continuous whipping with a gasoline soaked rope, while Wild Child delivered a warning from their master to avoid future confrontations with his fa-ther.

Despite the warning, Daken con-tinued to monitor his father and when Logan secretly took a hit out on himself, Daken became out-raged that somebody else should kill his father before Daken had the chance. Daken was lured into the open when Deadpool attempted to kill his father, just as Logan had planned. Daken was then shot in the back of the head by the Winter Soldier, with bullet made from car-bonadium which dramatically de-creased the speed of an healing factor, incapacitating him. With Daken unconscious, Logan cra-dled his son in his arms and car-ried him out of the warehouse.

Daken regained consciousness after being brought to a cave somewhere in Japan that was filled with the disfigured remnants of men used in various Weapon X experiments. When Daken awoke he apparently panicked and killed most of the men. When Logan ar-rived to find him standing amid the bodies, Daken faltered, attempting to explain that he'd killed the crea-tures because he felt threatened and asking who he was and what had happened, revealing that the head-wound seemed to have caused him to lose most of his memories, much like his father had in the past.

Logan identified himself only as 'a friend', promising to take Daken to someone who could help him. When Logan decided to steal a truck to get them back to San Fran-cisco, Daken helped unbidden, sneaking up on the driver and pull-ing him from the vehicle. Logan initially believed that Daken was going to kill the man, but when told that he didn't have to, Daken simp-ly tossed the man to the ground, and Logan reflected that Daken didn't seem to have an ingrained bloodthirst, and wasn't too far gone like Sabortooth.

While Wolverine was attempting to track down Charles Xavier to aid in Daken's recovery, Daken was cap-tured and recruited by Miss Sinister and her partner Sebastian Shaw who offered to help him regained his memories. After they tricked Xavier into triggering the "psychic trap" implanted in Daken's mind, Miss Sinister attempted to manipu-late Daken by implanting false memories of a shared childhood with her; however, the implanted memories failed to take root, and Daken thanked her for the beauti-ful story and then stabbed her with his claws. As he turned his atten-tions to Xavier, he was stopped by his father, who refused to fight him. Xavier then used Wolverine's memories to show Daken the truth that Romulus was behind Itsu's death and Daken became enraged at having been manipulated. Against Xavier's protests, Logan then decided to take Daken with him to seek out revenge against Romulus.

The duo then planned to find what Cyber knew about Romulus, Logan instructed Daken to 'betray' him to Cyber in order to get close enough to double-cross and captured him, which Daken did before triple-crossing Logan and leaving with Cyber. However, after learning all of the informations Cyber had on Romulus, Daken taunted him until Cyber's deteriorating health caused him to have a heart attack, and then revealed that he had pickpocketed Cyber's heart medi-cation. Daken then taunted Cyber by telling him that the world be-longed to him and he had no inten-tion of sharing with anyone, he was going to work against Romulus on his own in order to usurp his em-pire. Daken then left Cyber to die and disappeared before Logan caught up to them.

Norman Osborn put together a new group of "Avengers", and ap-proached Daken to play the part of "Wolverine", and Daken agreed. Nick Fury then found Logan and told him that he believed Daken was going after the Muramasa Blade that Wolverine had left in Cyclops' care. The sword has vari-ous mystical properties, including the ability to disable superhuman regenerative powers and cut through even adamantium. Fury believed that Daken intended to have the metal bonded to his bone claws by the Tinkerer who had last been spotted in New York City.

Facing the X-Men and recovering the Muramasa Blade
Cyclops, seeing Daken as be a liability, planned to kill him with the Muramasa Blade, because with Daken wearing his father's cos-tume, the public wouldn't be able to differentiate them Cyclops be-lieved that he was attempting to leverage this as a means to dis-credit the X-Men. However, Emma Frost, believing that this would drive a wedge between the two X-Men and seeking to prevent Daken's death, warned both Logan and Norman Osborn before Cy-clops lead a team against Daken. Having had advanced warning, Daken prepared an ambush and managed to fight the team of X-Men to a draw using stealth and cunning. As he was about to kill Cyclops, Logan intervened and fought him but in the end, the Mu-ramasa Blade was shattered, and Daken escaped with a shard of it.

Daken had the Tinkerer coat the inner-wrist claws on each hand with the metal of the Muramasa Blade. Although the blade was really made of a plasmic form dis-guised as metal, it could be treated as such. The Tinkerer had to an-chor Daken’s claws to an adaman-tium sheath and even then they were not very durable since they couldn't be bonded to his skeleton like his father's. Wolverine was able to find him but it was too late, the bonding process was already over. Daken then revealed to his father that he intended to use his new claws to kill Romulus, he then stabbed Wolverine through the chest (but without using his new claws) and escaped.

Daken then rejoined his Dark Avengers team, while he was with his teammates, he demonstrated a tendency to modify his behavior and 'character' depending on whom he was interacting with, dis-playing aggressive behavior and threats toward Sentry, jeering and teasing toward Bullseye, and insti-gating gossip toward Ares. With Moonstone he even preformed an about-face, originally presenting as being shyly smitten with her, but when she began stalking him, he convinced her that he was a partic-ularly dangerous psychopath, scar-ing her off.

When Spider-Man entered Avengers Tower pretending to be Mac Gargan, Daken ambushed him, stating that he knew he was not Mac by his scent. Initially Daken had the upper hand in the fight, as Spider-Man seemed to be especially vulnerable to phero-mones, as he is with chemicals intoxicants, to the point that they entirely disoriented his senses; however, he eventually prevailed and threw Daken into an electric generator.

Daken became a member of Os-born's team of X-Men briefly, be-fore returning to the Dark Avengers following Emma Frost defecting from the Dark X-Men and taking half the team with her.

Following repeated failed attempts to kill the Punisher, Norman Os-born sent Daken and a platoon of H.A.M.M.E.R. troops to complete this mission. After a bloody round of hand-to-hand combat, Daken dismembered and decapitated Castle before kicking his remains from a rooftop. Castle's body parts were collected and spirited away by Moloids seemingly operating under the protection of Man-Thing. Castle's body was put back togeth-er and revived as FrankenCastle.

Dr. Bruce Banner lured his alien son Skaar into a fight between him and Daken. Daken used his pher-omones to calm Skaar down, re-ducing him to his human form. Skaar asked Daken to kill him as he was guilty of the destruction he had caused back home, but Wol-verine and Banner intervened. The two father-son teams battled, but the fight was stopped when Banner said that Skaar had learned his lesson and Daken abruptly left Wolverine behind.

Daken's loyalty to Osborn and true motives remained questionable. This put him at odds with Bullseye, who initially was the only member of the team to recognize that Daken was intelligent and manipu-lative. He secretly assisted the Fan-tastic Four in breaking into Avengers Tower. They planned to steal incriminating evidence against Norman Osborn while try-ing to clear their own name, but they were foiled by Bullseye.

A tape showing Daken brutally disemboweling an armed robber was leaked onto the internet, and Osborn contrived a plan to fix Daken's public image by having him defeat an invented terrorist team. Osborn's plans backfired when Daken got overconfident and was beaten on camera by the "ter-rorists" led by Emmy Doolin. When Daken was sent after the "terror-ists" a second time, Osborn ar-ranged for an explosion to destroy the residential building with both the "terrorists" and Daken inside of it. After the explosion, Daken emerged from the burning building carrying a baby girl whom he'd shielded from the blast with his own body, and then collapsed in front of live news cameras being declared a true hero.

During Osborn's Siege of Asgard, Daken had visions of killing Os-born forced upon him by the Norns who wished to bring about Ragna-rok with Daken as the vessel. As the Dark Avengers were being ar-rested, Daken was the only one who managed to escape by killing and replacing an army soldier.

Daken was then contacted by his father for help in defeating Romu-lus, and Logan detailed a plan for luring him into the open. Before that plan can be enacted, however, Romulus surprised Daken in a ho-tel in Paris. After Romulus briefly gaslit him, Daken related every-thing his father told him about his plan. When Logan later confronted Daken in Ankara, he told Daken that he had counted on Daken re-vealing everything to Romulus and that the plan he'd told Daken was false. He then stabbed Daken through the heart with a replica of the Muramasa Blade, making Romulus believe that Daken had been killed to lure him out of his hiding place.

When Daken recovered from being stabbed, he helped Romulus to escape. However, once they were alone Daken attempted to kill Romulus. He said that he had an epiphany, realizing that Romulus had always been lying about his intention to make Daken his suc-cessor, and that Romulus had al-ways intended it to be Logan in-stead. Out of anger and a need to prove himself better than his fa-ther, he slashed Romulus's chest open before Logan arrived with Cloak to transport Romulus into the Dark Dimension. Daken and his father fought each other until Lo-gan was able to break both of Daken's arms due to the Murama-sa claws not being properly an-chored. He then rendered Daken unconscious by stabbing him through the heart once again, then cut the Muramasa claws out of Daken's wrists and buried them, along with the remaining blade.

Daken stayed in Rome for a time as he suffered an existential crisis following these incidents. He sank into depression and nihilism as he attempted to rationalize Romulus' teachings about power and control against both their defeat at Logan's hands. When a grifter attempted to rob him, he came to the conclusion that those who hurt or attempt to hurt him have done nothing wrong because the world lacks any meaning beyond survival.

Eventually, he left to go to Tokyo, where he was looking for the Mu-ramasa blade. However, when he was there he encountered the new-ly revived Franken-Castle. Castle's new form made him far more dan-gerous than ever before. Wolverine interfered but Daken nearly killed both of them by using the blood-stone to recreate the alien, Exo-Mind before having to abandon the bloodstone and the battle due to a negative interaction between the bloodstone and his healing factor.

He then went to Milan, where he had a fashion designer make him a new costume. When the suit was finished, he killed the designer to preserve his anonymity and moved to San Francisco where he pro-claimed that his time had come, and to "beware the fury of a patient man". In San Francisco he ob-served two opposing groups pro-testing Mutant Rights and conclud-ed it was a waste of time and de-cided he was on his own side.

Soon after, he ended up going to a fortune teller to see his future. The fortune teller revealed three cards to him: The Emperor, The Tower, and Death. Daken began stalking Melita, his father's current love in-terest. He followed her all the way to a bar and touched the back of her neck. She quickly looked be-hind her only to find no one. Logan asked her if something was wrong as she was looking around nerv-ously, and she replied it was just her nerves. Daken thought to him-self how small his father's world was and how it had no vision or scope. Daken wanted something more.

After finding Melita Garner, Daken helped the Red Right Hand in their plan to send Wolverine’s soul to hell, he then decided to tell Mys-tique that both he and the Red Right Hand intended to have Wol-verine kill his own children after he escaped from Hell. Shocked by this revelation, Mystique betrayed the Red Right Hand afterwards.

After sending several of his men after Daken in order to get his at-tention, the leader of the Red Right Hand angry about Daken’s actions asked him why he told Mystique their plan, to which Daken re-sponded: “Because I want it all. And the only way to have it all is to make sure that no one else has anything.” The leader of the Red Right Hand then told Daken to kill Mystique but instead he decided to use her for other purpose and in-vited her to dinner. During their dinner, they were attacked by Hell-verine who burned Daken alive while Mystique was able to escape believing Daken to be dead. But unknown to her it was all of a setup as Hellverine had other plans in mind for Daken and allowed him to live while Daken used this oppor-tunity to disappear making the world believed he was dead while letting the Red Right Hand finished their revenge against his father.

Despite Daken not being present to witness the success of both his revenge and the Red Right Hand's revenge against his father, Wolver-ine had a vision showing him how Daken had been involved in the Red Right Hand's horrific plot.

Now believed to be dead, Daken went to see the Fantastic Four where he obtained a glove from Reed Richards that made energy claws, so that he would be able to conceal his identity and continue to be "dead" to the rest of the world without his claws giving him away. While on a ferry in New York City, Daken learned from a newspaper story that Bucky Barnes, the current Captain America, had been the Winter Soldier.

Daken then traveled to Madripoor where he confronted Tyger Tiger, and he began to undermine and take control of the criminal under-world of Madripoor. When X-23, his father's clone and adopted daugh-ter, arrived hunting a shadow from her past, she found herself facing off against Daken, the new king of Madripoor's criminal underworld. The two battled briefly but neither could gain the upper hand due to their shared healing factor but im-pressed by Laura's skill, Daken offered her a place at his side but she refused.

Unknown to Laura, Daken was also working with Malcolm Colcord and allowed him to run several experiments in Madripoor in order to imbue him with a power beyond Weapon X, but this alliance also resulted in the kidnapping and the deaths of several persons and most notably children. But knowing that Colcord was up to something else, Daken decided to use Laura to know more, and let Colcord cap-tured her and used her as test sub-ject. With Laura now inside Colcord's laboratory, Daken decid-ed to free her and gave her a Weapon X files containing several informations about her past, to-gether they then faced several of Colcord's mutate experiments. The duo then found Colcord and they discovered that he planted a bomb that was about to go off. Daken and Laura then decided to have a discussion about the meaning of the notion of "power" especially the way the two perceived it until the bomb exploded engulfing both of them and Colcord in the blast. The two survived thanks to their healing factor and decided to part ways after this adventure.

Not long after, Daken went to a building somewhere in Madripoor to talk with a disfigured Malcolm Colcord handcuffed to a radiator. Daken knew that Colcord would survive the explosion thanks to an healing factor serum he created. In fact Colcord's whole plan since the start was to experiment on several subjects in order to perfect this healing factor serum for himself. But the serum wasn't perfected and Colcord was now in immense pain and begged Daken to end his suf-fering, but Daken refused saying there was no fun in that before leaving.

When Deadpool decided to kill himself, and sought out Daken's help in finding the serum that could negate his healing factor. He asked that Daken shoot him with it on him once he found it. Daken believed this was too good to be true and turned him down, wishing him luck. Daken later spoke with Tombstone who originally ordered the hit on Deadpool as he tried to find out about the serum which negates mutant powers. Tomb-stone refused to speak about it.

Daken kept consolidating his pow-er in Madripoor by having the heads of the several criminal or-ganizations remaining on the Is-land to reconize him as their lead-er, all agreed except one old man: Tan Kim Seng. After meeting him, Tan Kim Seng told Daken, that all he ever did was destroying, he was incapable of creating anything, he was just copying his father. After killing the old man and becoming the indisputable ruler of Madripoor, Daken was still shocked by the old man's words and decided to prove him wrong. To that end he decided to infiltrate the Avengers tower in order to see his father. Daken then threatened his father with his claws before telling him goodbye as he wasn't going to see him for a while since he wanted to live his own life. Daken then left Madripoor and went to Los Angeles to build a new life for himself.

Daken’s actions in Madripoor made the island fell into chaos and during his rule several criminal activities such as child prostitution, gun running, slavery, drugs ran rampant again on an unbelievable scale which would later force Tyger Tiger to allow ivory trade in order to put an end to those criminal activi-ties.

Now in Los Angeles, Daken tried to take over the city's criminal under-world in the power vacuum left behind by the fall of the Pride be-coming an L.A. Kingpin. While at-tending a party at the home of prominent movie star Marcus Ros-ton, Daken was given a drug called Heat, which he was very surprised to discover had an effect on him because no drug ever had before. He began a relationship with Ros-ton, who turned out to be the dis-tributor of Heat. Soon after, Donna Kiel, an FBI agent who was deter-mined to arrest Daken, attempted to confront him at Roston's home, but Daken evaded her.

Daken became rapidly addicted to the Heat, and during his attempt to become the head of the criminal underworld by pulling off a more audacious than any in L.A.'s histo-ry, he failed due to hallucinations and a failing of his healing factor caused by the drug. While attempt-ing to escape the scene of the botched heist, Daken was caught by Donna. Rather than alerting the other authorities, she began inter-rogating him regarding a string of grizzly homicides, and Daken dis-covered that somebody was delib-erately framing him for a murder spree.

After being convinced that Daken wasn't behind the serial killings, Donna agreed to team up with him to solve them. The 'Claws' serial killer continued to cause carnage in the dark areas of the Hollywood Hills and the Heat's grip on Daken was growing daily, scarring his mind and body. Local superhero Moon Knight came after Daken also initially believing him to be the killer. During their fight, a combina-tion of the effects of the Heat and taunting by Moon Knight caused Daken to become badly triggered believe that he was fighting his father.

The Claws was revealed to be Ros-ton who had created the Heat, which he then force-fed to Donna to put her under his power. At Ros-ton's direction, Donna reported to her superiors that Daken was the Claws Killer and made him the most wanted man in America and put the entire LAPD and the FBI on his trail, even calling in an air-strike on the house where he was living.

While seeking answers for how to defeat Roston, Daken stumbled into the home of the Runaways. Chase Stein (Earth-616) Knew of Roston as a former agent of the Pride, and the Runaways made an alliance with Daken and together they took him down. Donna, who was left an emotional wreck after her experiences with Daken, Ros-ton and the Heat, met Daken at a diner to discuss their future. Donna believed she was in love with him but was convinced he was a mon-ster. Daken suggested she was the same and provided her with an opportunity to kill three men in-volved in human trafficking. She instead turned her gun on Daken who reacted because his healing factor was not working, slicing her hand off, and escaped.

Dying, he returned to New York to "go out with a bang", drugging his father and taking him to watch his "show". He bombed the headquar-ters of the Avengers and the Fan-tastic Four, installed bombs around the city, and drugged and easily subdued Mr. Fantastic. After a long battle with the heroes of the city, and without a healing factor, he started to die. Daken asked for his father, hugged him and asked him to forgive him. Before Logan could say anything, Daken said he was actually sorry for putting a bomb at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning and immolated himself with a bomb, leaving no body to bury. Wolverine rushed to his school to find nothing but a little doll of him, realizing that Daken's plan was just to leave him with nothing.

Daken then somehow returned from the dead and was invited alongside several villains to Madripoor, Lowtown, where Sabre-tooth held a party. But Wolverine heard about it and decided to crash this party, he then defeated Daken and the other villains present be-fore wishing an "Happy Birthday" to Sabretooth as a revenge for what he did to him in the past.

Daken then formed a new Brother-hood of Evil Mutants in secret alongside Sabretooth, Mystique, the Skinless Man, the Blob from the Age of Apocalypse, the Shad-ow King and the Omega Clan. He told X-Force that they planned to reveal its existence to the world and to turn Evan Sabahnur into their own Apocalypse.

The goal of Daken and the Broth-erhood was to torture Evan long enough for him to become the new Apocalypse, then to use the Shad-ow King to mess with his mind in order to force Evan to destroy the Jean Grey School, to kill all the students, to kill all of Logan's friends and then blamed X-Force for everything.

To that end Daken and Sabretooth then decided to take Evan to the farm where he grew up but while Evan jumped out of the car and tried to warn his parents to get out but found them both killed by Sa-bretooth and Daken. Evan attacked them but refrained from killing them, refusing to become like them. They commended him on his control before revealing that they didn't really kill his parents because they never existed in the first place.

Due to the betrayal of Earth-295's Nightcrawler, Wolverine was cap-tured by Daken's new Brotherhood. Daken tied his father up and began taunting Logan with insults and telling a likely apocryphal account of his youth. Logan attempted a dialogue and apologized to his son for failing him, but Daken had no interest in hearing it. Daken then trapped him in a drowning cham-ber, as the only way to kill Wolver-ine is to deprive the brain of oxy-gen. He forced Evan to watch Wol-verine drown at the same time he punched and screamed at Evan, trying to make him get angry.

Finally Evan had put on the Apoca-lypse armor. Wolverine was trapped underwater, forced to watch while drowning. Daken said the Shadow King would take con-trol of Evan and use him to destroy Wolverine's school, his friends, and his world. Then the Brotherhood would spread the word that this was all due to Wolverine's black ops kill-squad, destroying his repu-tation. Daken said that he believed in the end, bad people did bad things simply because they were bad.

Wolverine lost consciousness, but Deadpool found him and resusci-tated him. Wolverine immediately rushed to find Daken, but told Deadpool to find the rest of the team and get them out. He found Daken outside the base and the two men fought to the death. As the fight went on, Wolverine acknowl-edged to himself that he was hold-ing back his animal side, as Daken deserved to be killed by a man in full control of his actions. Mean-while, Daken was considering what he would say to his father, how he would explain that he had years of Romulus' tortures to imagine what his life would be with the love of a father and mother.

Knowing he had no choice after what his older self revealed to him when he was in the future, Wolver-ine managed to get the upper hand by slashing Daken, he then drown him by holding his head down in a puddle a water in order to save the lives of his students. At the end of the fight, as Wolverine knelt over the drowned, beaten corpse of his son, he was approached by Sabre-tooth, who revealed that he had been behind the Brotherhood and staged the confrontation because he wanted to trick Logan into killing his own son, because it was the one wound he'd never heal from. An angry Evan almost killed Sabre-tooth as a result but Logan told him to let him go, revenge would only lead him to a path of destruction just like what happened here.

Daken's body was later taken to Japan by Wolverine and he was buried in the village of Shirakawa-Go.

Daken was later brought back to life by the Apocalypse Twins, using the Life Seed and made a Horse-man of Death with the Death Seed, in order to serve, alongside Ban-shee, Grim Reaper and Sentry.

But the Twins' plan to destroy Earth failed, after the Avengers Unity Division traveled back in time from a divergent universe where their plan would've succeeded. As a result their ark was destroyed by Sunfire, but Daken and the Grim Reaper managed to return to Earth along with the corpses of the Apocalypse Twins, and evaded capture.

After learning of his father's death, Daken went to an auction in Madripoor that was selling the re-mains of his father and was infuri-ated. He killed everybody that were in the auction except Viper, Mys-tique, and Agent Kim. Daken later went to Okinawa with a priest and buried his father's remains there.

Daken was then kidnapped with several other people including Mystique , Sabretooth, X-23, and Lady Deathstrike, and Elixir by Shogun after his father's death.

After successfully finding and kid-napping the “Wolverines”, Shogun threatened them with the hypnotic "control words" (that manipulate, sedate or even kill each of them), in order to force them into helping Shogun and his group of allies find the adamantium-petrified body of Wolverine in the burnt-down Para-dise facility. Before they could leave on this mission however, they were attacked by Siphon, who killed Elixir and drained Daken's healing factor to nonfunctional. They proceeded with the mission, and Daken and X-23 initially kept Daken's inability to heal a secret from their impromptu teammates. They encountered and fought the Wrecking Crew, hired by Mister Sinister, who were also looking for Wolverine's body. When Daken and X-23 found the body, Mister Sinister appeared, took Wolverine's body, and also ripped an eye and arm from Daken, and left bleeding out and not healing.

On the Changeling ship, Sharp used a Regen Serum made by Dr. Cornelius that he found in the wreckage to stabilize and save Daken, against Ogun's wishes. Daken remained infirmed on the ship as the others made plans to continue their mission by stealing Wolverine's body back from Mister Sinister.

But their mission was a failure and Wolverine's body was recovered by the X-Men, later Fang, an Imperial Guard member thought to had been deceased, accused the group of having killed Logan. He then attacked Sabretooth and easily defeated Daken. The team, except for Daken, along with their allies tried to assault Fang, but he re-leased an omnidirectional blast at them. Fang then asked Daken if he was scared, to which Daken re-plied that he was not and stabbed him in the head with his claws. Fang survived the attack and again demanded to know who killed Lo-gan. X-23 says that nobody here killed Logan and stated that every-body wanted to be there when Lo-gan died. Meanwhile, Mystique located Fang's weakness and eve-rybody started attacking him again, while Junk used the Changeling's cannons against Fang, apparently killing him. However, Fang again survived the attack and took Daken to Jotunheim.

In Jotunheim, Fang took Daken to face a Frost Giant, but Daken said that he lost his healing factor. Fang retorted that Logan's loss of his healing factor didn't seem to stop him and revealed that he had been seeing Logan every year. Daken then reminded him that he both had arms, while he didn't and again says that he didn't want to face the Frost Giant, but Fang didn't listen and issued a challenge against him. Fang then went over to the Frost Giant and told him that Daken was his father, which en-raged it and as result it started at-tacking him. Later on, Daken was trapped within a cave and threat-ened to kill Fang. He then asked Fang why was he doing this if he knew that he didn't kill Logan, to which Fang replied that he already knew and told Daken to get himself out of the situation just like what Logan would've done. Daken then engaged the Frost Giant in combat and gained the upper hand against it and almost killed it, until Fang interfered and saved its life.

Fang then asked Daken why he wanted to kill the Frost Giant, to which Daken angrily replied that he was not his father. Fang handed him a beer and used his energy powers to temporarly restored Daken's lost arm and eye. But after talking with him, Fang decided once again to remove Daken's arm and eye as he didn't believe in Daken's redemption and intended to make Daken and the rest of the Wolverines' lives (except Laura) a living hell for what they did to Lo-gan in the past, he then sent Daken back to the Changeling.

Afterwards the team was able to finally defeat Fang but he man-aged to escape, Daken was then manipulated by Mystique into go-ing after Siphon as revenge for what it did to him, Laura decided to follow him for his safety. Along the way, the duo encountered Blade who was fighting against Siphon and several vampires. After help-ing him and learning the truth about Siphon's powers, Daken decided to fight Siphon to the death. Siphon overpowered Daken and was about to kill him until Laura intervened and saved him.

Daken and Blade then worked to-gether to defeat Siphon, but Laura convinced them not to kill him, since she knew Siphon was just a victim, who only wanted to find a way to get control of its body again. Siphon captured, Daken and Laura then regrouped with the rest of the team.

But not long after the team was betrayed by Endo, Neuro, and Skel and had to face against Sinister and his army. In the midst of the battle, Junk was killed by a feral Sabretooth and Mystique manipu-lated Daken into turning Siphon loose. Siphon then drained Mister Sinister's healing factor before being shot by Mystique. Mystique then sent Siphon, Shogun and the rest of the team though a Portal to somewhere in Florida.

The team was betrayed again by Mystique who, thanks to Siphon, drained Sabretooth, X-23 and Lady Deathstrike's healing factors. Mys-tique was the only one left with an healing factor, so the team used Siphon to track her in order to get their revenge. After finding her, Lady Deathstrike killed Siphon and the team confronted Mystique, but she proved to be too powerful for them and she single handely de-feated all of them.

Daken resurfaced later on during the outbreak of the Laura Kinney Virus on Roosevelt Island, and was one of the three people teleported in by Doctor Strange to help Wol-verine quell the crisis. He revealed that his healing factor recovered at some point following the conclu-sion of his adventures with the Wolverines, allowing him to regrow his eye and arm. With their healing factors being the key to curing the victims of the alien plague, he agreed to join Laura, Gabby, Old Man Logan, and Deadpool in their efforts to help as many of the stricken population as possible. However Daken confessed that he didn't care for the island, and was only there for Laura. His healing abilities had yet to recover to their full strength, and he was eventually forced to stand down before the disease could overwhelm him. The crisis was averted but Laura fell in a coma during two weeks.

Shortly after, Daken and others people whose powers were similar to Wolverine such as Laura, Old Man Logan, Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike came under threat of the clandestine organization called The Orphans of X. After Laura awaken from her coman and went to space, the Orphans of X decided to track Daken. Eventually Daken got into a conflict with their contin-gent at the The Defiant Platypus Bar in before it was destroyed by a stinger missile resulting in his cap-ture. He later escaped and met up with Laura and Gabby in order to find Muramasa because the Or-phans of X had recovered the Mu-ramasa Blade and created bullets from it with which could kill them. After meeting Muramasa, all three donated a part of their spirit toward the creation of a mystical suit of armor capable of withstanding the Muramasa bullets.

When the Orphans of X caught up with them at Muramasa's com-pound, Daken threw himself into the fray to hold them off while his sisters escaped, but not before concealing a mobile phone inside of his abdomen so that they could use it as a tracking device to find him again. After rescuing Daken, the siblings discover the reasons behind the Orphans of X's hatred of them and Laura managed to reason with them and reach an armistice.

No long after the newly emerged mutant Zach ran away the Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach, Daken took him under his wing, dazzling him with dis-plays of wealth and a laissez faire attitude that fascinated the teenag-er and helping him control his powers, when Iceman caught word that his student had run away via video post, he set out to find him at Greenwich Mean Time in Upper Eastside New York.

Upon learning that Daken was the one who Zach had fallen in with, Bobby attacked him, freezing Daken's flesh and leaving him immobilized while going to search the building for Zach. Daken's healing factor helped him to re-cover quickly from the attack and he caught up as Zach was arguing with Bobby, adamant about not going back to the Xavier Institute. Daken, furious at having been blindsided by Bobby's first strike attacked, only to be easily over-powered by the omega-level mu-tant and pinned against a wall by a snowflake-shaped blade through the abdomen, which left him im-mobilized and bleeding heavily. Upset, Zach used his powers to dampen Iceman's long enough for making a getaway in a helicopter.

Daken put Zach through extreme combat and survival training, in-cluding periods of outdoor living and picking fights with random toughs around Madripoor. Zach would initially raise complaints about exercises seeming pointless but later be impressed by Daken's manipulation when the 'real' mean-ings behind lessons were subse-quently revealed to him. Although the training he received under Daken's tutelage was intensive, Zach's fascination with Daken only seemed to grow.

Once Daken deemed Zach's pro-gress to be sufficient, the two re-turned to the X-Mansion. Daken set up a distraction using fake Purifiers to attack the school, drawing away the rest of the X-Men leaving Ice-man alone with his boyfriend Ju-dah, while Zach led the students into the Danger room and tam-pered with the control settings us-ing his powers. When the five of them were alone, Daken reveals that the reason he took an interest in Bobby on their first meeting was because of his previous contact with a death seed some years pri-or. Daken stabs Judah, badly injur-ing but not killing him, and then Zach uses his energy channeling abilities to control and differentiate the energies of the Death Seed inside Daken.

With the Death Seed energy cours-ing through him, Daken easily dominated the fight with Bobby while Idie helps get Judah to safe-ty. Eventually Iceman overcame Daken after Michaela had disabled Zach, causing Daken to lose con-trol of the death seed and himself. Bobby attempted to freeze the death seed into dormancy within Daken, who then escaped before the rest of the X-Men returned.

When the group of young time-displaced X-Men that Magneto was mentoring went missing on a mis-sion in space, he sent his ally Briar Raleigh to meet up with Daken in Barcelona with the proposition to become allies. As a gesture of good will, she gifted him on Mag-neto's behalf a set of adamantium daishō swords. In order to assist Magneto's efforts to counter the global release of the power-bestowing and mind-controlling virus Mothervine by a cabal led by Havok, his allies temporarily band-ed together into a makeshift team of X-Men.

The crisis averted, Daken was then tasked by Magneto to murder Jimmy Hudson who was now pos-sesed by the Poison, Daken con-fronted Jimmy and tried to kill him. But their fight was stopped by the time-displaced X-Men who just came back from space, and after helping Jimmy escaped Jean Grey demanded answers from Daken. Daken explained that after they disappeared during the Mothervine and Poisons incident, Magneto lost his patience and was done playing, he wanted to take care of Jimmy himself but he had bigger targets to eliminate and one of those tar-gets was none other than Emma Frost.

Daken then somehow escaped from the X-Men and heard the news of the disappearance of Wol-verine's body from Lady Death-strike and Sabretooth. The duo asked him to help them investigat-ed Logan's possible return and in case he was alive to kill him once again, Daken agreed and joined them. Using data from military sat-ellites, the team tracked down an adamantium signature similar to Logan's in Maybelle, Arizona. They found the town overrun by zombies and their healing factors deactivat-ed within the town's perimeter. Daken was captured by a kill team sent by the organization responsi-ble for the town's state, Soteira.

He then managed to escape and met up with Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike. When the trio tried to head back to the power station where Daken had been held pris-oner to deactivate the mysterious glowing green orb that created the zombies and switched off their healing factor, all three were taken down by Soteira's soldiers. In the midst of the battle Daken was fatal-ly injured and died. His body was left behind by Sabretooth and Lady Deathstrike when they escaped after destroying the mysterious glowing gree orb, and it was later retrieved by Soteira.

Persephone, the mysterious leader of Soteira, then resurrected Daken as one of her undead killers. With Daken's reanimated corpse under her control she used it as one of her enforcers. While traveling on a boat with other Soteira soldiers, Daken's reanimated corpse and Omega Red's reanimated corpse were made to attack his recently resurrected father and former So-teira employee Ana (who was in reality already dead and merely used as a vessel by Persephone) who were chasing them to get back Ana's son Perren. While Omega Red's reanimated corpse was tak-en out by Ana using a harpoon gun, Wolverine sprayed Daken's reanimated corpse with fuel from his boat's engine and set it on fire with his heated claws before toss-ing it into the water.

Daken was later resurrected by unknown means, or possibly just self-resurrected as his father did, he was eventually welcomed to the new mutant island of Krakoa, cre-ated by Xavier, Magneto, and Moi-ra X. He entered through the tele-portation gateway alongside other villainous and fractious mutants, who had been invited to join the nation in order to heal mutantdom and start over as a whole species together.
Last edited by Sidious on Fri May 29, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Crimson Commando, Crusader, Captain Britain II

Post by Davies »

... what's with all the hyphens?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Sidious

Darkhawk - Powell - revised

Post by Sidious »

Darkhawk revised

STATISTICS
F: TY(6)
A: GD(10)
S: TY(6)
E: TY(6)
I: TY(6)

Health: 28
Resources: Pr/4
Popularity: 10

BACKGROUND
Occupation: Police Officer; former adventurer, security guard, student
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States, with no criminal record
Other Known Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Queens, New York City
Marital Status: Engaged
Known Relatives: Mike Powell (father); Grace Powell (mother); Jon and Jason Powell (brothers); Miranda Cruz (fiancée)
Base of Operations: New York City, New York; formerly Los Ange-les, California and Avengers Com-pound
Past Group Affiliations: NYPD, Code: Blue; formerly Loners, New Warriors, Avengers West Coast, Secret Defenders, Fraternity of Raptors, Project Pegasus

EQUIPMENT:
Raptor Amulet: The Raptor Amulet allows the user transfer their con-sciousness into an alien android while at the same time, switch the robotic body's place with that of his own body wherever he is at any time. The user's body is teleported to Null Space.
  • Healing: Darkhawk can heal up to 40 points of lost Health by changing between his human and Darkhawk form. He must spend one complete round in his other form before changing back (e.g., if Darkhawk has been injured, he must spend one round in Chris's form before transforming back to Darkhawk if healing is to occur). Note that this only heals damage to the Darkhawk, not to Chris Powell.
  • Datasong: this provides the Raptor android with a form of Cosmic Awareness at Remarkable (30) intensity. Human brains are incompatible with this system and must be taught to synch with it.
  • Configured forms: The Raptor android can be reconfigured into numerous forms optimizing its abilities. The android may shift it’s attributes around. It may not exceed its original Health attribute. Switching between forms requires 1 round.
Base Form: Chris initially could only access a basic version of the Raptor android:
  • F: TY A: RM S: RM E: RM R: TY I: GD P: EX; Health: 96, Karma: 36
  • Body Resistance: Gd/10
  • Darkforce Blast/Shield: The amulet in Darkhawk's chest armor can provide him with a Darkforce blast of Remarkable (30) Intensity that has a two-area range, or a force shield that gives him Remarkable (30) protection against physical and energy attacks from Darkhawk's front side only. Darkhawk can project either a blast or a shield during a round, not both.
  • Enhanced Vision: Darkhawk has a Good (10) range vision power used for targeting with his grapple-claw; this reduces distances of up to four areas down to one area for purposes of targeting. Darkhawk also has Remarkable (30) level and range Infravision, allowing him to see in nearly total darkness.
  • Flight: Ty/6, the wings are razor sharp and inflict In/40 damage with a slash
  • Grapple Claw: The retractable grappling hook in Darkhawk's costume allows him to climb at Excellent (20) speed and can grapple surfaces up to two areas away. Darkhawk fires the hook from the right forearm of his suit with Remarkable (30) accuracy. The hook and cable can grab small objects and en-tangle larger objects, including people, with a successful Agility FEAT roll using Darkhawk's adjusted Agility for the roll. The hook can also inflict Good (10) Edged Attack damage in me-lee combat.
  • Lightning Speed: Pr/4
DarkHawk 2.0: Chris learned to access the complete Raptor base form:
  • F: EX A: Ex S: IN E: IN; Health: 120
  • Body Resistance: Rm/30
  • Claws: Rm/30
  • Darkforce Blasts: Rm/30 from the Amulet.
  • Flight: Ex/20
  • Force Field: In/40 wafer-thin field that completely surrounds his body in the shape of a hawk
  • Hawk Drone: Remote con-trolled drone that can act independently and relay information back to Chris.
  • Lightning Speed: GD/10
  • Talons: Rm/30

Strike Mode:
  • F: EX A: IN S: RM E: RM; Health: 120
  • Body Resistance: Ex/20
  • Darkforce Blasts: Rm/30
  • Enhanced Vision: Telescopic vision: Ex/20 Infrared Vision: Rm/30
  • Flight: Shift X/150, CL 1000 in space, the wings are razor sharp and inflict In/40 damage with a slash
  • Force Field: In/40 wafer-thin field that completely surrounds his body in the shape of a hawk
  • Lightning Speed: Ex/20
Warflight Mode:
  • F: RM A: RM S: RM E: RM; Health: 120
  • Body Resistance: In/40
  • Flight: Shift X/150
  • Missile Launchers: In/40
  • Wing Blasters: In/40
Full Combat Mode:
  • F: RM A: GD S: AM E: RM; Health: 120
  • Body Resistance: Am/50
  • Chest Blasters: Rm/30
  • Hip Blasters: In/40
  • Shoulder Blasters: In/40
  • Wing Missile Launchers: In/40
Disguise Mode:
  • F: IN A: IN S: EX E: EX; Health: 120
  • Body Resistance: Ex/20
  • Chameleon Hologram: Rm/30
  • Darkforce Blast: Ex/20
  • Invisibility: Rm/30
LIMITATIONS:
  • The Darkhawk armor is vulnerable through its chest amulet. The amulet must be specifically targeted and requires a red FEAT roll to hit. Removing the amulet causes the android to begin losing Endurance ranks and may be counteracted by replacing the amulet and switching forms.
  • Raptor Personality: Raptors were not designed to be used by humans. Many of the older races such as the Kree, Skrull and Shi'ar are compatible with the Raptor armor thus giving the raptor complete control of their host. Chris Powell having free will when he became Darkhawk made him some-thing of an anomaly. If he had been from an older race, Razor would have controlled the raptor armor from the beginning. Chris's anger management issue was one of the reasons he was able to supplant Razor and reassert control of the Raptor armor. The AI may attempt to take over the human host once he has synched with the Datasong succeeding on a RED psychic FEAT.
TALENTS: Blunt Weapons; Law Enforcement; Marksman

CONTACTS: Nova, Spiderman, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, New Warriors

HISTORY
Chris Powell was the teenage son of Mike Powell, a cop, and Grace Powell, a District Attorney. Following his younger twin brothers, Jon and Jason, to the abandoned amusement park across from his home, Chris discovered his father taking a bribe from mob boss Phillipe Bazin.

While trying to escape with his brothers from Bazin's henchmen, Chris discovered an amulet that transposed him into the Darkhawk armor. When his father disappeared after Chris saw him, he swore to use the Darkhawk armor as an "Edge against crime."

Darkhawk's powers included a force blast which emanated from the amulet on his chest, a force shield from the same amulet, a claw cable which could serve as both a Wolverine-like claw, and a grapple cable, glider wings and later flight capability, enhanced vision and strength, and an image underneath the Darkhawk helmet which served to frighten and dis-tract his enemies.

He often teamed up with Spider-Man. As a sometime member of the New Warriors, he befriended Speedball, Nova, and later, Turbo.

During his tenure as a crime fighter, he was often trying to rescue his father, mother, or other family members.

He developed quite a roster of enemies: he would fight villains such as Hobgoblin and Tombstone, who were seeking to take his amulet, with the latter succeeding. He was extremely weakened and even dying from having the amulet re-moved, but still able to use all of his powers except for turning back into human form to heal. Once he retrieved the amulet he was able to put it back in his chest and fully heal. Darkhawk had 2 separate encounters with Venom, who felt that Chris was good nature and held back whereas Darkhawk was greatly opposed to Venom's ideals and way of handling crime, and swore to bring him to justice, despite Venom offering to be his ally. Lodestone: a magnetically-powered villain developed by Bazin, was often pitted against Darkhawk. He also fought against some who would later ally with him, such as Portal, a teleporting mutant who killed another Darkhawk and stole parts of his armor, Savage Steel, the armor created by the secret police cabal that Chris' dad had been a member of, and Damek, a mercenary sent from the future to kill Darkhawk.

Chris learned that his armor was actually an autonomously existing android armor, one of five commissioned by an alien mob lord named Dargin Bokk, being held in a sentient space ship, Osch, in Null Space. When Chris grasped the amulet, it actually caused his body to switch places with that of the Darkhawk body, although his mind remained in control of the 're-placement' body.

After helping them several times, Darkhawk was brought aboard the Avengers West Coast as a reserve member, but saw little action with them after becoming a member, because they were dissolved short-ly thereafter. Nonetheless, he did at least start a lasting friendship with Spider-Woman.

Later, Chris and Darkhawk actually split into two separate entities, with the armor being updated into the "2.0" form, as it was informally known. This advanced form of armor gave Darkhawk new powers, such as the ability to form a force shield encasing his body, an actual "Hawk" construct (a gigantic force-field shaped like a hawk), and the ability to summon weapons from Osch. Darhawk 2.0 and Chris re-merged, with the prospect of no longer needing to use the amulet in order to switch bodies.

Chris joined a self-help group of ex-teenage-super-heroes, the Loners, who admitted to being addicted to their powers. Members include: Turbo, the Green Goblin IV, Ricochet, Spider-Woman III, and Lightspeed. The group was hired by a mysterious benefactor -- later revealed to be Rick Jones -- to track down the Runaways in Los Angeles. He made an enemy of Nekra, a woman who seemed to be held prisoner by manufacturers of MGH.

In a divergent timeline, he was the de facto leader of the unofficial League of Losers.

Powell displayed trouble control-ling his anger in his Darkhawk persona, leading to a short skirmish with Turbo. Dismayed with himself, Powell admitted to his teammates that he suffered a nervous break-down. Powell decided to never turn into Darkhawk again, but this decision did not last long, as shortly thereafter the group battled the notorious Avengers villain, Ultron. Darkhawk delivered the final blow, using a darkforce blast at point blank range to blow Ultron to pieces. Following the battle and the revelation of Jones' involvement, the Loners opted to remain together and act as a more traditional superhero team.

Deciding to register with the government, Darkhawk was assigned to the position of security chief at Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. During the Skrull invasion, he teamed up with his old teammate Nova.

The being known as Talon came to Earth, and offered to teach Chris how to control his amulet. They went to the Negative Zone to fight Annihilus. There, Chris bonded fully with his amulet. This allowed him to learn that the Fraternity of Raptors that Talon represented was evil and that the Fraternity had created the amulets. Evilhawk had been a hallucination caused by his mind, which had been unable to process all the information the Amulet gave him. The Raptor, known as Razor, took over Chris' body and assassinated Lilandra.

Later he fought Gyre another member of the Fraternity of Rap-tors that had been recruited as a pawn of the Sphinx. Darkhawk, Nova, Black Bolt, Mr. Fantastic and Namorita defeated the Sphinx and his pawns. Darkhawk was able to separate Gyre from his Kree host by using the same technique Talon used to separate Chris from Darkhawk and bring back Razor.

Arcade kidnapped Chris and fifteen teenage heroes and brought them to Murderworld, a secluded island where no one could find them, and forced them to fight each other to the death, and only the last man standing within thirty days would be allowed to leave. One night, he was attacked and had his amulet removed, leaving his fate unknown. His amulet would get passed around by others locked in Murderworld.

Chris was later shown in a coma-like state in a strange tank along with the deceased heroes, where Arcade appeared to be healing him. Waking up, he located Arcade and knocked him out. He later reclaimed his amulet and was among the survivors of the battle.

Powell eventually resurfaced back in New York, set to marry a new fiancée by the name of Miranda Cruz. With whom he'd shared all of his exploits while piloting the sentient automaton known Darkhawk. Nowadays his Amulet has become inert, not so much as even changing when he focuses his thoughts on becoming his alter ego again; but lately has been suffering from nightmares of the Tree of Shadows every time he slept. Following in his father's footsteps, he eventually became an officer of the law at the NYPD. Taking to the same beat Micheal Powell used to back when he was one of the police, he reminisced about how his father would listen to people and remember their names while trying to keep the peace on the streets.

Trying to be every bit as big a man and a better cop than he was by holding the values he once thought Mike stood for before, Chris found out his father was a corrupt cop. All the while ruminating on whether the world needed him as Christopher Powell, police officer or as the cybernetic hero he once was. While on patrol, dispatch sent out notice of a disturbance at Wonder-land Amusement Park, where he first found the Raptor Amulet.

While investigating the derelict establishment, Powell was approached by two shady cops right near the area where he first be-came Darkhawk. Officer Hal Fingeroth and Sergeant Harold Conrad came to Powell offering certain opportunities while on the force which Chris quickly denied, when the latter opted to be a bit more forceful in his persuasion; Conrad was quickly eviscerated by members of the Fraternity of Raptors who were after the young officer's de-powered amulet. Canorus and Aceptar created the odd circumstances which led to Christopher retracing his origin as a superhero in order to kill him and take what they believed was theirs by right, but the former raptor didn't go without a fight; discovering that these new raptors were in actuality just armored Shi'ar thugs given how easily Aceptar was stunned by a shock baton.

Though Christopher was eventual-ly subdued by Canorus and his gem taken from him. Canorus was able to activate it again with a damaged Razor taking his place, whom nearly beat Powell's other would be assassin to death until Chris got his attention. The badly broken android grabbed hold of Powell and ported him to a portion of the Datasong he called the "Perch," where memories of previous host pilots were stored within a Raptor's own motherboard.

Razor, now calling itself Darkhawk after the recombination persona imprinted on itself due to their shared escapades as a hero. Chris learned from his other half that a whole new Fraternity has sprung up in the wake of Novas' decimation, eager to bring the universe to heel under their thrall and had been searching for a means of acquiring the Raptor androids from the Null Space void to cement their dominance. Horrified by this development the now empathetic Razor sought to defy this mandate by said cabal of zealot pretenders by escaping his pod and severing his link to the Tree of Shadows, which was the reason why Powell couldn't become Darkhawk any-more. Severing his brethren's connection to their amulets earned Raptor their ire, however. They nearly hunted it down and executed until he was summoned to Earth by Canorus. Seeing the opportunity to heal itself, and hoping to enlist aid in stopping the renegade Raptor sect, Darkhawk sought union with Chris Powell once again in order to recover and grow in power.

Seeing as the whole of the uni-verse was at stake, including his own homeworld in the long run. Chris knew in spite of his misgivings about space travel and the new life he has on Earth, that since his android had grown a con-science since the War of Kings. That he could not just sit by and pretend what effects the galaxy has no consequences for everybody involved, himself included. Donning the name Darkhawk once more, he took to the skies after blasting the other raptor back to his enclave in space before taking off, wondering how Miranda will react to the change of pace.

After learning from Richard Rider that the Fraternity of Raptors were after the Infinity Stones, Chris wanted to find a way to stop them, but he was stuck on Earth. He was later attacked by the bounty hunter Death's Head who was hired by the Raptors to capture Chris and bring him back to them alive. After learning that Death's Head had a spaceship, Chris was able to convince Death's Head to take him to the Raptors. After saying goodbye to Miranda, Chris and Death's Head traveled to where Death's Head was to meet the Raptors, the planet Arcturus IV; however, the Raptors betrayed Death's Head and destroyed his ship. Chris survived the ship's destruction and confronted the Raptors, but he was quickly overwhelmed by their numbers.

Chris' Darkhawk Amulet was re-moved from his body by the Rap-tors' leader Gyre and used in a ceremony to transform Richard Rider's brother Robbie Rider into the being called Dark Darkhawk by fusing him with Ratha'kon, a being supposedly more powerful than the Phoenix Force. The Raptors then left a dying Chris where he was set off to destroy Earth. As Chris dragged himself across the ground, he encountered his other half Razor who revealed to him the origins of the Tree of Shadows and of the first Raptor. After some coaxing from Razor, Chris tapped into his hidden strength and emerged with a new Darkhawk body after fully fusing his mind with the armor. Chris then flew after the Rap-tors to stop them.

Chris battled the Raptors with help from Death's Head and Nova Prime. Nova made it difficult to fight Dark Darkhawk as he preferred to reason with his brother Robbie than fight him. Dark Darkhawk then shockingly turned on Gyre and destroyed him while stating that he would bring order to the universe, not Gyre. The Raptors were eventually stopped when Death's Head rigged the power core of the Kree ship the Raptors stole to explode. Only Dark Star-hawk survived the explosion, though stunned, allowing Chris to reclaim his Darkhawk Amulet. Dark Starhawk then disappeared in a flash of light after striking his Nega-Bands together. Grieving over the loss of Robbie, Nova an-grily told Chris to stay on Earth or he would have him locked up. After Chris returned to Earth, he decided stay out of space for a while. Later that night, he was met by Sleep-walker while he dreamed, telling him that the influence of the Infinity Stones threatened the Mindscape and that the only way he could protect it was to become a Sleepwalker.
Sidious

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Crimson Commando, Crusader, Captain Britain II

Post by Sidious »

Davies wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:59 pm ... what's with all the hyphens?
I don't know. it happens when I copy over from word. it pisses me off.
Sidious

Darkstars

Post by Sidious »

Darkstars

Background:
The Darkstars were created and run by the Controllers, an offshoot of the Guardians of the Universe. Though their goal was to establish order in the universe, the ancient Maltusian race known as the Controllers were isolationists by nature.

The Controllers created NEMO, the Network for the Establishment and Maintenance of Order. NEMO would keep the troubles of the galaxy away from the Controllers' domain. The Controllers did not intend to use NEMO to benefit other races, but it did. Over the millennia the Controllers realized they would have to take a more active stance by attacking chaos at its roots. Despite all the good they did, there were too many NEMO operatives in too many different places. NEMO and the Controllers devised a new plan to ensure order. The Darkstars were created. The first of these new protectors was named Druu, one of a thousand to carry the name Darkstar.

The first Darkstar to arrive on Earth was Ferrin Colos. He was tracking the supervillain Evil Star, but in the process, encountered a ring of intergalactic drug smugglers in Dallas. He was authorized to appoint two humans as his deputies, giving them less powerful versions of the Darkstar uniform. John Flint and Mo Douglas filled the slots, though Flint left early on because he had command issues. Carla White, who had at that point already been an ally of the group, became his replacement. They participated in the fight against the Triarch on Maltus, but Colos found his orders contradictory, and chose to ignore them. As it turned out, a Controller was responsible for it all, causing loyalty issues within the ranks.

As in many large corporations, agents of NEMO used their position to advance their own interests. Dirnu Jurnin committed several high-tech crimes on Earth and framed the criminal Bindar Kleeg. Huvah Jeddigar's arrogance proved much worse. He nurtured a small universe with which he hoped to expand his powers. Merayn Dethalis stole it from him, and Jeddigar made her the subject of a manhunt, claiming she bore a dangerous weapon. Colos' attempt to investigate eventually lead to a court martial, which he lost. He tried to expose Jeddigar, but in the fight, they were both sucked into the new born universe. Jeddigar had already selected a replacement in Donna Troy, while the Controllers themselves selected former Green Lantern John Stewart to keep a closer watch on the corrupt officials.

With Jeddigar gone, Stewart was eventually made director. He recruited many old members of the Green Lantern Corps after its collapse, who were grateful of this new opportunity to prove themselves. They saw their first action in a gang war between the Syndicate and Crimelord. With Colos gone, Carla White resigned her position as deputy, but Mo Douglas accept-ed a full commission, and helped refugees that were driven away from their homes by Psimon. Ferrin Colos eventually escaped from the universe and rejoined the ranks.

The Controllers had pulled out of the Darkstar project, because they felt the agents would no longer follow their ideas. As a consequence, the majority of the Exo-Mantles were powerless. Only a new model, introduced after Jeddigar's betrayal, still functioned. In the meantime, Grayven hunted down Darkstars, and slew them cruelly. Stewart learned of this, and the remaining Darkstars with a functioning armor, only seven-teen, intercepted him on Rann.

The battle was brutal, and saw the deaths of K'ryssma, Charlie Vicker and several others. John Stewart was crippled. Kyle Rayner had to help them out, and he defeated Grayven. Merayn and Donna resigned to tend to John, leaving only four Darkstars alive: Bron, Mun-chukk, Colos and Galius Zed. They stayed behind to rebuild Rann, and contemplated their future. Galius Zed was murdered by Fatality in her hunt for former Green Lanterns.

The last three members returned to Rann years later to help in the fight against the energy vampire Star-breaker. They siphoned off a considerable amount of power from him, which helped save the day, but their suits ruptured and all were disintegrated.

Not long after that the Darkstar's were revived and empowered by the murderous demigoddess Lady Styx to act as her vessels to spread her word and her twisted religion across the cosmos. Many new members consisting of those whom were stolen away and slaughtered by the Spider Guild who're in service to the demented alien divinity, or were predominantly deceased before her rise to power that used to be affiliated with the Omega Men.

The Stygian Passover would utilize the Darkstars paramilitary unit as a weapon against all unaffiliated faiths and their gods. Roving from world after world razing their cultures to the ground and murdering everyone in sight, all in order to cull rival theological movements to pave the way for the coming of their lady.

With every world they slaughtered the ranks of the Darkstars would grow considerably. As they would often reinvigorate their forces by adding ranks from among the dead populaces belonging to the planets and it's people whom her new enforcers had slaughtered. Giving them twisted pseudo-life and similar empowerments as the other revenants in their ladies service.

The Controllers sought to reestablish order in the Universe through draconian law enforcement. They started by first kidnapping their former neighbors, the Maltusians who now acted as the Guardians of the Universe for extracting their genetic sequencing to create hybridized Controllers to feed their ranks.

All of this was for the purpose of creating a more powerful hive-mind, aided with new technology that disrupts lantern energies, which would enable them to better control the new and improved Darkstar Exo-Mantle's slaved directly to their cosmic communion.

With the greatly augmented powered armors now boasting a computerized intelligence to enable the seeking and appointment of worthy vassals to serve their agenda. But due to the 10th Metal incident during Dark Nights: Metal, the Controller's new and improved carapaces gained sentience of their own. The newly produced armors overtook their creators and locked them in coma like stasis, where their collective consciousness would link free thinking Darkstar initiates together both in mind and body alongside continuing to power their Mantle's.

Members: Controller Mu, Hal Jordan, Countess Belzebeth, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Trilla-Tru, Volk, Sleer Prigatz, Captain Zifor, Ferrin Colos, Chaser Bron, Munchuk, Merayn Dethalis, Huvah Jeddigar, Xax, Varix, Hollika Rahn, Galius Zed, Medphyll , John Stewart, Donna Troy, Carla White, Mo Douglas, John Flint, Charlie Vicker
Equipment - Exo-Mantles:
Darkstars were equipped with power suits called "exo-mantles". There were four distinct models:

Standard armor
The standard armor was powered by the will of the Controllers. This armor also included a fail-safe installed by Director Jeddigar. This allowed him to turn off any of the exo-mantles completely.

Deputy armor
A toned down version of the original armor, with less powerful maser blasts. It was created because the Network for the Establishment and Maintenance of Order (NEMO) felt that primitive races could not be entrusted with the standard version without proving themselves. It was slightly different in design, lacking the shoulder ornaments of the standard version.

Self-sustaining armor
After the Controllers took their hands off the Darkstar project, Director Stewart designed a new mantle. This version was not reliant on Controllers for energy and did not have Jeddigar's fail safes. However, these exo-mantles were time consuming to construct. When Grayven began to hunt down the Darkstars, Stewart could only muster seventeen Darkstars with functioning armor for a counter-offensive.

Living armor
In wake of Dark Nights: Metal the Controllers created newly refurbished Exo-Mantles with Artificial Intelligence slaved directly to their central mental collective. These new armors were consciously aware of their surroundings, able to act on their own and choose their designated hosts who would become enslaved to their masters' will. Kellic boasted of their new-found invincibility as they possessed tactical computation ability, Collective Intelligence linked to their own, greater resilience and the ability to teleport interstellar distances.

Blackstar armor
An offshoot of the Darkstars led by Controller Mu, known as the Black-stars, upgraded their Exo-Mantles with the addition of Evil Star's Star-Band technology. This allowed them to focus their will into powerful energy blasts.

Blackstar Exo-Mantle
STATISTICS
F: +1CS
A: +1CS
S: +3CS
E: +3CS

POWERS:
  • Body Armor: In/40; The new mantle's boast increased resilience to physical damage
    • Kinetic Energy Absorption: In/40; the exo-mantle could withstand direct attacks and siphon energy from others beings.
  • Flight: CL 3000; the wearer could achieve high speeds during flight
  • Psychic Link: Un/100; Black-star exo-mantles grant the user access to a hive mind network which gives them tactical superiority over adversaries.
  • Twin Masers: This has a power rank equal to the users Psyche.
Sidious

Deathlok - Manning

Post by Sidious »

Deathlok I

STATISTICS
F: AM(50)
S: IN(40)
R: EX(20)
I: AM(50)
P: PR(4)

Health: 160
Resources: Fb/2

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the US of Earth-7484, with no criminal record. Officially deceased.
Identity: His existence is not known to the general public.
Other Known Aliases: none
Place of Birth: Detroit, Michigan
Marital Status: Married
Known Relatives: Janice (wife, separated), Richard (son)
Base of Operations: New York area
Past Group Affiliations: Heralds, formerly Project Alpha-1, US Army, Godwulf’s Redeemers, Tantalus and Pelops

KNOWN POWERS:
Cyborg Body: Much of the Deathlok body (75%) is mechanical.
  • Body Armor: Ex/20
  • Ultraviolet Vision: Rm/30
  • Thermal Vision: Rm/30
  • Telescopic Vision: Rm/30
  • Hyper-Hearing: Rm/30
Internal Computer: A microprocessor is integrated with Manning brain. It may override his self-control making him a passenger within his own body. The computer may be reprogrammed by anyone gaining access to it on an Amazing (50) Reason FEAT.
  • Total memory: Mn/75
  • Cyber Communication: In/40; ability to project himself into cyberspace and control/communicate with computers
EQUIPMENT:
Laser Pistol: Deathlok carries a 150 watt/sec helium-neon laser pistol that runs off his internal power supply.
  • Damage: IN/40
Throwing Knife:
  • Material Strength: Rm/30
  • Damage: In/40 edged
TALENTS: Weapons Master; Martial Arts: A; Computers; Military

CONTACTS: Military (within own reality)

HISTORY
Luther Manning enlisted in the army in the late 1970s and rose through the ranks to become a colonel. During war games in 1985, Manning was critically injured by the effects of a concussion mine. Manning's remains were salvaged by his superior officer Major Simon Ryker for use in Project: Alpha-Mech, a covert op-eration to create cyborg super soldiers. Manning's brain, nervous system and still living tissue were transplanted into a synthetic body in an operation performed by Major Ryker's brother Harlan Ryker, who for years had replaced his brother's missing limbs with synthetic parts, which were lost in an altercation with Doctor Doom.

After 5 years in stasis, Manning's body was reanimated as the cyborg Deathlok, so named because he was locked in a death-like state. Simon Ryker oversaw Deathlok's training and early missions, but the cyborg eventually rebelled against his programming as his human memories returned. Escaping Ryker's control Deathlok learned that he was legally dead and that his wife had since married his old friend Mike Travers. Despondent but incapable of suicide due to his internal programming, Deathlok sought to ruin his former master. Having become a cyborg himself after sustaining injuries, Ryker devoted himself to merging with the Omni-Computer which oversaw the city of New York (on Earth-7484), becoming the cyber space entity known as Savior Machine. However, Deathlok forced him out of the Omni-Computer, leaving Simon Ryker hopelessly incoherent from the rapid reversal he had suffered. The CIA tried to restore Deathlok to life by transferring his mind to a clone of Manning, but succeeded only in duplicating his memories in that body, leaving Deathlok essentially unchanged.

Deathlok briefly encountered a time-traveling Spider-Man.

In the year 2011 of Earth-7484, Manning's computer had long since crashed and he would fight for his own survival. He would rename himself the Demolisher and be recruited by Timestream in exchange for having his past changed so that he never became Deathlok. Unknown to Manning was that Timestream was secretly a foreign monarch he had fought years prior. Timestream's plans threatened all existence, prompting the Time Variance Authority to send Godwulf to stop him. Timestream recruited the Luther Manning of Earth-616, and Godwulf recruited his own Deathloks in the form of Siege and Earth-616's Deathlok, Michael Collins. Eventually Manning of Earth-7484 learned the truth about Timestream, and worked together with Collins to destroy him. Unimpressed and disgusted with Godwulf, Deathlok-7484 stole one of his time gauntlets and traveled to Earth-616. In this reality he roamed the sewers of Manhattan in relative solitude.

At some point, he fought in his time beside Tantalus and Pelops.

He briefly worked with the Tunnel Dwellers society. He was ultimately involved in a struggle between Daredevil, Blackwulf, the Tunnel Dwellers, and Peacekeeper against Walter Jenkins Bushwacker, and the King of the Sewers. Following this battle, Manning left the scene to contemplate on his life, after refusing an offer from Blackwulf to join the Underground Legion.

At some point, Luther Manning was recruited by X-51 of Earth-9997 to become a member of his Heralds, a group of super-humans from alternate realities. He had gathered them to warn alternate realities of the danger of the Celestials who reproduced by impregnating worlds and manipulating the DNA of the planets dominant species into being unwilling antibodies. Each member of the Heralds was granted their fondest wish upon completion of their mission. As payment for his agreement to join the Heralds, Deathlok wished to become human again. He was teamed with Wolverine of Earth-811, Iron Man 2020 of Earth-8410, Bloodstorm of Earth-1298, Spider-Girl of Earth-1122, Killraven of Earth-691 and Hyperion of Earth-1121. The team was split into groups of two, with Deathlok joining Killraven. They traveled to Earth-1124, a world ruled by Satyrnin.

After fighting an army of Stayrnin's soldiers, the two heroes eventually surrendered and were taken to Satyrnin. Stayrnin was uninterested in the information the two had to provide, and was more interested in her attraction to Killraven. Killraven stayed behind while Deathlok (figuring he got a raw deal) would return back to Earth-9997.

Returning to Earth-9997, each member of the group having varying degrees of success, they arrived to find that the Watcher of Earth-9997 was being judged by his alternate reality counterparts. After a brief battle against the collective of Watchers (in which Killraven came to the rescue), they were beaten when X-51 had them all teleported to the surface of their own Earths, making them guilty of the same crimes that Watcher-9997 was guilty of.

After some time on Earth-9997, X-51 recovered a device that was used by Merlin to restore Captain Britain to life. He used the device to create a new body for Luther Manning based on a DNA sample. He then intended to transplant Manning's brain in this new body. If X-51 succeed in doing this remains to be revealed.

Further, it is unknown when and where Manning was plucked from reality and brought to Earth-9997. Figuring for the success of the brain transplant, it is possible that Manning's trip to Earth-9997 has yet to happen in his personal chronology. However, Manning was taken at a point prior to X-51 knowing how to travel to alternate realities without creating a divergent reality, so it is entirely possible that when X-51 took Manning from whatever he originated, he created a divergent reality in the process. However, at this present time the logistics pertaining to these events have yet to be explained.
Sidious

Death's Head I - TVA

Post by Sidious »

Death's Head I

STATISTICS
F: EX(20)
S: AM(50)
E: MN(75)
P: EX(20)

Health: 175

BACKGROUND
Occupation: Mercenary, assassin, “Freelance Peacekeeping Agent”
Legal Status: Unknown
Identity: Publicly Known
Place of Creation: somewhere in the pocket dimension of Styrakos
Marital Status: Inapplicable
Known Relatives: Ty Rejutka Lupex (creator of body, "father"), Pyra (creator of consciousness, "mother")
Base of Operations: Mobile throughout space-time
Past Group Affiliations: formerly MI 13, S.W.O.R.D., partner to Spratt

KNOWN POWERS:
Robotic Construction: Death’s Head was a mechanical construct with an advanced AI Brain:
  • Body Resistance: Rm/30
  • Resistance – aging, heat, cold, disease, toxins: CL 1000
  • Life Support: CL 1000
  • Computer Link: Finger-tip plug that can connect to any computer.
  • Size – defunct: Formerly Death’s Head stood at 30ft in height. He was shrunk down to 7 ft in height by the Doctor.
Multi-use Hand: Death's Head can switch his hand out for several attachments.
  • Blaster: Rm/30
  • Double Bladed Battle Axe: Am/50 edged
  • Spiked Mace: Mn/75 blunt
  • Harpoon: Am/50 penetration, with tow line.

EQUIPMENT:
Rocket Boots:
Dogbolter Temporal Rocket: This backpack time machine gives the user the following abilities:
  • Time Travel: Instantaneous travel to a desired temporal and spatial location
TALENTS: Weapons Master; Martial Arts: A,B,C,D,E; Strategy & Tactics; Tracking

CONTACTS: Spratt

HISTORY
Death's Head was originally created on Styrakos as a robotic body intended to be used by a mage named Ty Rejutka Lupex, whose own body was beginning to fail him due to the massive energies he contained. Lupex however was double crossed by Pyra who made the body conscious and gave him his business-like attitude, and an unknown party stole the body.

Death's Head eventually surfaced as a bounty hunter, though calling himself a "Freelance Peace Keeping Agent," in one possible future for the robotic race known as the Transformers of Earth-120185, where he was enlarged to their size. His contracts there sent him bouncing through time and led him to play an instrumental role in the defeat of Unicron by Autobots. Escaping the aftermath of this battle through a time portal, he encountered the Time Lord known as the Doctor. The Doctor played a pretty nasty trick on the Freelance Peacekeeping Agent when he shrank him down to about human size and bounced him through time yet again to year 8162.

On Earth-5555, Death's Head quickly got embroiled in local affairs of Greater Britain and was partially destroyed by Dragon's Claws, formerly the best Game team in the world. He was rebuilt by Spratt. Together they moved to the Los Angeles Resettlement, where Spratt became his 'partner,' and started taking on commissions. (Something DH never really liked or admitted but begrudgingly tolerated.)

After being hired to kill the Doctor and instead saved by him from a bomb, Death's Head was ditched on the Four Freedoms Plaza building on Earth-616 and was in turn transported by the Fantastic Four to a near future of Earth-8410, where he battled Arno Stark, the Iron Man of 2020, and once again settled down and started taking commission. At some point Pyra found him and transported back to Styrakos, his place of creation. There, after a fearsome battle, he killed Ty Rejutka Lupex.

Death's Head also worked as a freelancer for the Time Variance Authority (TVA). For one job he was hired to investigate a time-bubble, encountering the Fantastic Four and Thor. Later, he stole a time-bike from the TVA and was hired to steal a vase from She-Hulk. At some point, he encountered the Doctor at a birthday party.

He was hired again by the TVA to kill the Future Foundation, as one of its members would have created a device which would have unleashed chaos on the timeline, the intervention of Spider-Man made it possible for the time-space to be safe once more. Death's Head was left away as he was thought to have vanished when the timeline was rewritten and traveled to space to continue his business as a bounty hunter.

Death's Head was eventually terminated by the Advanced Idea Mechanics cyborg originally called 'Minion'. Minion was programmed by Dr. Evelyn Necker to assimilate 106 of history's greatest combat-ants to protect A.I.M. from a predicted unknown future threat, and Death's Head was the 105th one to be assimilated. What no one counted on was that Death's Head's mechanoid nature meant his full consciousness was essentially downloaded into the Minion body causing the cyborg to become confused. When Minion went after Reed Richards as his 106th and final target, Mr. Fantastic scrambled his circuits with a device. Death's Head became the dominant personality and Minion became the new Death's Head. Minion then realized he could download the data he needed from Reed's computers instead of from Reed's mind and thus eliminated the need to kill him. He thanked Reed and went back into space-time.

The remains of the original Death's Head body would later be claimed by Spratt, and brought to Baron von Strucker V in hopes that von Strucker could repair Death's Head. Strucker had other ideas, and using magic he fused himself with the robotic remains and be-came the entity known as Charnel.

Death's Head battled Iron Man in-side a Voldi arena, then helped him battle Rigelian Recorder 451, and then 451 mind-controlled Death's Head into fighting Iron Man again.

At different times and with different degree of success, Death's Head took contracts to capture Cyclops, Novas Samuel Alexander and Richard Rider, Guardians of the Galaxy, Monsteroso and Darkhawk.

Death's Head began taking in extraterrestrial life for the government organization known as S.W.O.R.D.

An early version of Death's Head was at one point hired by the D'Bari to fight Earth's champion, the Hulk, for the right to colonize Earth-9411. Given that Death's Head has been shown to be able to travel between realities as well as in time (having previously visited both Earth-8410 and Earth-5555 as well as Earth-616), it is unclear if this was that reality's own version of Death's Head or simply the mainstream Death's Head going where the money was.
Last edited by Sidious on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Destiny - The Brotherhood - Freedom Force

Post by Sidious »

Destiny

STATISTICS
F: PR(4)
S: PR(4)
I: UN(100)
P: MN(75)

Health: 34
Resources: Gd/10
Popularity: 5

BACKGROUND
Occupation: Government agent; former terrorist, researcher, archivist, carnival fortune teller
Legal Status: Dual citizen of Great Britain and Austria
Place of Birth: Salzburg, Austria
Marital Status: Widowed
Known Relatives: Mystique (life partner); Rogue (unofficial foster daughter); Justine Chase (daughter, deceased); Cole Chase (son-in-law, deceased); Trevor Chase (grandson); Aldine (possible granddaughter); unnamed possible granddaughter; Luca Aldine (possible great-grandson); Ruth Aldine (Blindfold, great-granddaughter, deceased)
Base of Operations: formerly Freedom Force HQ, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.; Black Womb Project facility, Alamogordo, New Mexico
Past Group Affiliations: Formerly Freedom Force, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Black Womb Project

KNOWN POWERS:
Precognition: Unearthly (100); Destiny can scan the probability lines of the Future with great accuracy for in the near future, lesser accuracy for those further on. Her pow-er is 97% correct for the next round and -10% for each subsequent round. This power has the following effects:
  • Destiny and all her compatriots within 3 areas have an initiative of 11. She must be able to communicate with allies to give them this benefit.
  • Destiny can use her Karma for another character within 2 areas.
  • Destiny can make long-range predictions. The Judge makes a psyche FEAT to determine what she sees:
    • Within 15 minutes: Green
    • Within 24 hours: Yellow
    • Beyond 24 hours: Red
LIMITATIONS:
Blindness: Destiny cannot see and is immune to sight based attacks. Mental illusions can affect her.

EQUIPMENT:
Crossbow Pistol: Good (10) range and damage

TALENTS: Bows; Languages: German, English

CONTACTS: Mystique, Freedom Force, Rogue

HISTORY
Visually impaired from birth, Irene Adler was born to a wealthy family in Salzburg, Austria in the mid-to-late 19th century. Her precognitive powers activated when she was thirteen. To cope with the nearly overwhelming visions, she transcribed what she saw into a series of diaries over the next thirteen months. By the time she was finished, she was completely physically blind.

A few years later, Irene hired Raven Darkholme, a consulting detective, to help her make sense of her diaries. The two found that they shared a desire to use their powers to change the world. Not long afterward, they became lovers. Although the pair deeply cared for one another, they parted periodically, took up other lovers and even raised separate families.

Irene traveled across Europe, and lived for several years in London, purchased a home in Valencia, and worked as a carnival future teller before becoming an archivist for the Black Womb Project in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Here she worked with other visionary scientists including Kurt Marko, Brian Xavier, Nathan Milbury, and Amanda Mueller.

Eventually, Mystique and Destiny reunited and together they raised their adopted daughter Rogue in a small home in Caldecott County, Mississippi. They remained together until Destiny's death.

Together Mystique and Destiny formed their own Brotherhood of Mutants. This group of ideologically-motivated terrorists worked for a pro mutant agenda. On one of their missions, Destiny almost assassinated the anti-mutant politician, Senator Robert Kelly, but was stopped by Shadowcat. She was arrested and taken to Ryker's Island, but was freed by Mystique and the Brotherhood resulting in a conflict with the Avengers.

Eventually, this Brotherhood became U.S. sanctioned Freedom Force. In exchange for a pardons, they agreed to protect mutants from anti-mutant sentiment. While on a mission with Freedom Force to Muir Island, Destiny was killed by Legion, who was being influenced at the time by the Shadow King. Destiny's consciousness survived within Legion's mind, and after Legion was also slain, both his and Destiny's spirits ended up assisting Margali in Limbo for a time, though slain subsequently turned up alive again.

Shortly before her death, she predicted that Mystique would become romantically involved with Forge. Although the pair loathed each other at the time, they did develop a brief relationship while both were members of X-Factor.

Sometime before her death, Irene also predicted that she would make Raven laugh if it was the last thing she ever did. She also gave Mystique very specific instructions for the dispersal of her ashes. After her death, Mystique carried out the instructions, throwing the ashes out to sea at a specific place and time, and then a sudden gust of wind blew the ashes back in her face. Realizing that Irene had planned the instructions specifically to reach this outcome, Mystique actually did laugh and received some measure of comfort.

After Destiny's death, Mystique protected a young mutant named Trevor Chase who addressed her as "Auntie Raven," strongly implying that Chase was Destiny's grandson.

The X-Treme X-Men spent some time searching for Destiny's diaries with her predictions of the future.

After M-Day, Sinister, the Marauders and the Acolytes began searching for the diaries hoping to gain information about the rebirth of the mutant species, clashing with the X-Men, assaulting the Mansion and killing everybody who could be aware from information contained in it.

Destiny was resurrected by Selene with the help of Eli Bard's Techno-Organic Virus. She was kept in a prison cell on Genosha and used by Selene as a personal seer. However, after persuading Leon Matheson, a guard, she escape to Muir Island. She next attempted to contact Rogue on Utopia via astral projection, but instead accidentally contacted Blindfold. Blindfold and a small group of X-Men traveled to Muir Island and after defeating Proteus, freed Destiny. She briefly shared a moment with both her adopted daughter, Rogue, and her alleged great-granddaughter, Blindfold.

Destiny's soul was not allowed to rest for long; when the Chaos King put the living asleep and opened the underworld, several X-Men were among those resurrected at the ruins of the Xavier Institute. There, Moira MacTaggert, who was seemingly one of the returning characters from the Underworld, discovered one of Destiny's Diaries with a passage on the Chaos War. Reading the passage caused the body thought to be Moira to be-come possessed by Destiny's soul, and join the small group to defeat Carrion Crow.
Sidious

Detective Chimp - Shadow Pact

Post by Sidious »

Detective Chimp

STATISTICS
F: TY(6)
A: EX(20)
S: TY(6)
R: IN(40)
P: IN(40)

Health: 52
Popularity: 5

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: None, he is still considered an animal.
Place of Birth: Africa
Known Relatives: None
Base of Operations: Oscaloosa County, Florida
Past Group Affiliations: Shadowpact, Croatoans, formerly Chimpanzee Investigations, Bureau of Amplified Animals

KNOWN POWERS:
Hyper-Intelligence: Incredible (40); After drinking from the Fountain of Youth, it has been revealed that Detective Chimp is a member of Mensa.

Immortality: Unearthly (100); Bobo no longer ages after drinking from the Fountain of Youth. He may still be killed by normal means.

All-Speak: Unearthly (100); after drinking from the Fountain of Youth, he is now able to speak all human languages as well as to all animals.

LIMITATION:
Alcoholism: Bobo spent many years in a bottle and works hard to keep his sobriety.

EQUIPMENT:
Magnifying Glass: This is a standard store bought magnifying glass.

TALENTS: Acrobatics; Detective; Occult Lore; Tumbling

CONTACTS: Shadowpact; The Croatoan Club

HISTORY
He was captured in Equatorial Africa in 1953 by Fred Thorpe, who sought to train him for his carnival act: "Bobo the Detective Chimp". For the act, the Detective Chimp was trained to answer some detective-related questions using a combination of signals and rewards, giving the illusion that he could "discover the deepest secrets of the public". Bobo formed a strong bond with Thorpe, because he took care of him, and gave him a simpler life than in the jungle. He then acted as a "helping mascot" for the local sheriff, after helping him to solve the murder of his chimpanzee trainer, Fred Thorpe. He could not speak, but being very intelligent he could understand humans, and make himself understood.

During a trip in Florida, Rex, the Wonder Dog took him to the Fountain of Youth, where he gained the ability to speak to all living creatures, even humans, in their own language along with eternal youth and all together Bobo intelligence was raised to genius human intellect (This fountain would later be boiled away by the Spectre). He appeared briefly with Sam Simeon in Gorilla City during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

At some point after this, Bobo was employed by the Bureau of Amplified Animals Detective Chimp exhibits not only Brilliant detective skills and the genius of a true tactician. It is not known how he left, or if the Bureau still exists.

He began to work for himself by opening Chimpanzee Investigations. Initially he did quite well, as a chimp detective was seen as a novelty. During this successful period he was visited by another detective, John Jones (actually the Martian Manhunter, during the JLApe crisis), who thought Bobo's agency seemed to be doing better than his own. he had also a long-standing partnership with four other detectives, among them Ralph Dibny, as the Croatoan Society. But being an ape, without civil rights and being unable to stand as a juridical person, he could not en-force unpaid bills. When the public began to forget him, he became an alcoholic. He also has a smoking habit.

During the gap in time between the down fall of his business and The Day Of Vengeance he spent his time heavily drinking in the other dimensional tavern for magic users in the DC Universe the Oblivion Bar.

When the Spectre tried to destroy all magic and began killing wizards during the events of "Day of Vengeance," Detective Chimp, while still mostly drunk, coerces a group of mystical characters in the Oblivion Bar, into battling the Spectre. This would be the beginning of the group Shadowpact.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Benefiting from the counsel of the Phantom Stranger (newly turned into a mouse), he devised a plan to use the powers of Black Alice and Nightshade to confront the combined menace of Eclipso and the Spectre.

Bobo helped clean up the demonic damage left when the Rock of Eternity exploded over Gotham City. He captured the sin of "Sloth," which had possessed his long-time friend Rex the Wonder Dog. After the Rock was reformed, the sins re-imprisoned, and all magical influence cleaned out of Gotham, the dying Doctor Fate gave Detective Chimp the powerful Helmet of Fate. After finding it did not fit him, Detective Chimp convinced Captain Marvel to throw it to Earth, to let fate choose its next bearer.

Since this first adventure, he has remained with the team. He personally stuck around the Oblivion Bar. The team are asked by the Phantom Stranger to travel through a mystical shield surrounding the town of Riverrock, Wyoming. There they confronted the murderous villains known as the Pentacle. Detective Chimp was captured separately by his Pentacle "counterpart" Kid Karnevil, but manages to escape and free the team. During the resulting magical battles, Detective Chimp (and everyone else in town) sacrificed one full year of their life inside of one moment in order to bring down the barrier. Later, he discovers he was part of a Shadowpact statue that others had erected in Metropolis in order to honor the seemingly-dead team.

When the helmet of fate returned to Earth, knocking out Bobo. For a brief time Detective Chimp bonded with the helmet, which granted him additional powers that he used to assist the Gotham City police in apprehending the villain Trickster. After struggling against the temptation of the helmet, Bobo sent it on to another journey.

Bobo has remained with Shadowpact, and has fought alongside them during several adventures.
Sidious

Headless Horseman - OC

Post by Sidious »

Headless Horseman

STATISTICS
I: EX(20)
P: RM(30)

Health: 130
Resources: FE (2)

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Legally believed to be dead
Other Known Aliases: The Hessian
Place of Birth: Unrevealed
Marital Status: Unrevealed
Known Relatives: Unrevealed
Base of Operations: Mobile
Past Group Affiliations: None

KNOWN POWERS:
Alter Ego: He may transform at will between his normal human form and that of Ghost Rider.
  • F: Ty A: Ty S: Pr E: Gd R: Gd I: Ty P: Gd
  • Health: 26 Karma: 26
  • Damage does not carry over between the 2 bodies
Invulnerabilities:
  • Fire, Heat Poisons, Radiation: CL 1000
  • Body Resistance: Am/50
Sin Detection: Amazing (50); this is a limited form of mind reading restricted to knowing an individual’s guilt or innocence and what sins they have committed.

Hellfire: Am/50; Ghost Rider’s body is covered in hellfire. Only his riding leathers keep it in check. If someone uses an edged weapon against him and scores a Red result an explosion of Am/50 intensity occurs and effects everyone within the area including Ghost Rider.
  • Infusion: He can cause hellfire to channel through melee objects increasing the amount of damage they do by +1cs
  • Create walls of flame: Am/50
  • Fireballs: Am/50; these take the shape of fiery pumpkins
  • Regeneration: Incredible (40), He is capable of using hellfire to reconstruct her form if injured.
  • Hellfire Gateway: Am/50 ability to open a portal to travel through. He must be on his mount to use this.
  • Soul Fire: Make an Endurance FEAT or lose one rank of Psyche.
VULNERABILITIES:
  • Certain Mystical Attacks (like Hellfire), negate Ghost Rider's Body Resistance
EQUIPMENT:
Mystic Scythe:
  • Material Strength: Un/100
  • Damage: Incredible (40)
  • Elongation: Fe/2, allows it to reach 1 area away
  • The Scythe may be thrown and return to Ghost Rider
Hellfire Stallion: This horse is infused with hellfire, and can gallop on the ground or through the air at 3 areas per round.

TALENTS: Horsemanship; Weapon Specialist: Scythe

CONTACTS: None

HISTORY
The Headless Horseman has been around since the middle ages. He has a connection with the Spirits of Vengeance and is considered to be one of them.

Little else is known of him and he tends to work alone. Most is relegated to myth and legend.