Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Batgirl III »

JACKIE O'LANTERN
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 150 PP )

William Shakespeare, 'Macbeth,' Act I, Scene 3 wrote:Present fears
Are less than horrible imaginings.
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 2
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 3

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise [Psychology] 10 (+12), Intimidate 15 (+18), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 8 (+12), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 5 (+7), Treatment 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Defensive Roll (3), Diehard, Equipment (2), Fascinate [Intimidate], Improved Defense, Skill Mastery [Intimidate, Psychology; 2], Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS
Extreme Sociopath Immunity 10 (Emotion Effects, Interaction Skills; E: Innate [1]) [ 11 PP ]

Jack O'Lantern Gas Bombs (50 PP Base; F: Easily Removable [–2]) [ 30 PP Total ]
Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Defenseless, Paralyzed and Unaware; E: Area [Cloud, 15'], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Indirect [1], Ranged); Damage 3 (E: Area [Burst, 15'], Indirect [1], Ranged; F: Diminished Area [1]) [

Jack O'Lantern Frag Bombs (16 PP Base; F: Easily Removable [–2]) [ 9 PP Total ]
Damage 5 (E: Area [Burst, 30'], Indirect [1], Ranged)

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
Colt M1911A1 Damage 4 (E: Ranged) [ 8 EP ]
Undercover Vest Protection 2 (E: Subtle [1]; F: Limited to Ballistic) [ 2 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (8) Base 7
Toughness: (1/4/6) ——
Will: (6) Base 2

WORKSHEET
Attack: 7 Effect: 1 Total: 8 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Gas Bomb)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Frag Bomb)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 1/4/6 Total: 11/14/16
Parry: 6 Tough: 1/4/6 Total: 7/10/12
Fort: 8 Will: 6 Total: 14

ABILITIES [ 40 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 28 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 13 pp ] +
POWERS [ 49 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 20 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Nemesis: The only person Jackie O'Lantern fears (or shows any emotional response to at all) is "Cannibal Caine."
Serial Killer: Jackie O'Lantern is a serial killer dedicated to “helping” others "discover the truth" about the pointlessness of existance.

Education: High School Graduate
Date of Birth: October 31, 1981 (Age 36)
Base of Operations: Cape City, NJ
Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
Weight: 155 lbs. (70.3 kg)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: None
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with criminal record.

Background:
Jonathan "Jack" Vivant was a down-on-his-luck, blue-collar guy who was struggling his way through an undergrad psychology major at Cape City's Pym University Extension. Looking for some extra credits and a steady paycheck to make ends met, he took a job as an assistant to the psychologist at Castle Valley Penitentiary.

This was shortly before the arrival of Phobos. In her scheme to destroy Astarte, the mad woman engineered a mass breakout from the Castle Valley Penitentiary's super-max block. In the ensuing chaos, Jack Vivant found himself trapped, buried deep inside the rubble of the prison in a conference room with "Cannibal Caine" and a young nurse, Amelia Belle. "Cannibal Caine" had been a prisoner of Castle Valley Penitentiary for thirty-some years at that point... The grisly nature of Caine's crime should be self-evident.

Over the fourteen days the trio was trapped down there, no one besides Jack can say. But, only partial remains of Caine or Belle were recovered and Jack Vivant had gone utterly mad. Not even telepathic probes from the Golem or the para-psychological expertise of the Red Professor have been able to find a cure for his extreme sociopathy.

Jackie O'Lantern is a spree killer and opportunistic foe of the super-hero community. Jackie O'Lantern kills with no pattern, motivation, or specific target. Jackie O'Lantern shows a preference for panicked or terrified victims, often working to engineer mass hysteria during every "performance," but only goal seems to be an ever higher body-count.

Note:
Yep, its a Fear-causing, Halloween-themed psychopath. Not the most original of villains, I know, but it is a niche that I think every superhero setting needs to fill. Jackie O'Lantern can be played in a lot of ways, when I use him, its to terrorize street-level heroes with a cat-and-mouse game. I play him as a kind of cross between Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter and Jack Nicholson's Joker. Put him up against heroes more powerful than that and he becomes a bit of a "jobber" and should probably be played more for humor than for fear.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

THE RED PROFESSOR
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 185 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 3
Agility 1
Dexterity 3
Fighting 3
Intellect 6
Awareness 6
Presence 6

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+3), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+5), Deception 8 (+14), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+18), Expertise [Psychology] 2 (+8), Expertise [Theology] 6 (+12), Insight 12 (+18), Intimidation 2 (+8), Investigation 4 (+10), Perception 12 (+18), Persuasion 4 (+10), Sleight of Hand 9 (+12), Stealth 4 (+5), Treatment 1 (+7)

ADVANTAGES
Artificer, Attractive (1), Beginner’s Luck, Benefit [Cipher], Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (2), Fascinate [Deception, Persuasion (2)], Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (2), Lionhearted, Luck (5), Ritualist, Set-Up, Skill Mastery [Deception, Expertise: Magic (2)], Taunt, Ultimate Effort [Deception, Intimidation (2)], Well-Informed

POWERS
Frightfully Clever Quickness 2 (F: Limited to Mental Tasks); Senses 6 (Auditory, Visual, Olfactory: Counters Illusion (x3); F: Limited to Magic) [ 7 PP ]
Damnatio Memoriae Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Will; Conditions: Entranced, Stunned, Transformed [Forget everything about the Red Professor]; E: Area [Perception (Visual)], Cumulative, Increased Duration [Instant to Continuous (2)], Insidious; F: Permanent, Quirk [Looking at the Red Professor delays onset Transformed and reverses any previous Transformed effect of this power]) [ 31 PP ]
Unable to Rest Immortality 2 (Seven Days) [ 4 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
The House on the Corner Headquarters [ 10 EP ]
Size: Large (2 EP); Toughness: 10 (2 EP)
Features: Effect, Library, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Workshop [Magic] (6 EP)
Effects: Trans-Dimensional Movement 3 (Any Dimension; E: Increased Mass [12 tons; 9]) [ 15 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge: (6) Base 5
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (6) Base 3
Toughness: (3/6) ——
Will: (10) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 5 Effect: 1 Total: 6 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 6 Tough: 3/6 Total: 9/12
Parry: 6 Tough: 3/6 Total: 9/12
Fort: 6 Will: 10 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 58 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 40 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 30 pp ] +
POWERS [ 42 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] =
185 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Enemies: The Red Professor has many enemies in the mystical world who would like to see him either dead or under their influence.

Education: Unknown
Date of Birth: Unknown
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5'10" (1.78 m)
Weight: 140 lbs. (63.5 kg)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Identity: Secret
Religion: Unknown
Relationships: Unknown
Legal Status: Unknown

Background:
Rumors persist amongst the most elite of the mystical world that at some point in the distant past, in the Land of Nod and the City of Enoch, there was a man who was both a scholar and a thief. He stole a secret from his king, who cast him out and cursed him to wander creation nameless and alone. What truth there is to this story is unknown and is probably unknowable.

The man known only as the Red Professor is the greatest expert in parapsychology, para-zoology, and magic that no one has ever heard of. He's worked as the advisory to the Liberty Alliance Worldwide on matters ranging from everything from Fallen Angels to Nazi Zombies. But not a single one of them could tell you about any of it. However, whenever he is needed, by whomever is truly desperate, they might find themselves stumbling into the strange house on the corner... The one that's always been there, but you never really noticed before just now.

He will help, but you'll never know.
L-Space

Re: Extraordinary Nice

Post by L-Space »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am KILLER QUEEN
I hear she's dynamite with a laser beam.
Formerly luketheduke86
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I was wondering when you were going to add Bowie to your setting. :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Spectrum wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:36 pm I was wondering when you were going to add Bowie to your setting. :)
Jareth the Goblin-King has been in my setting since M&M1e! He makes a fantastic villain.
catsi563

Re: Extraordinary Nice

Post by catsi563 »

L-Space wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am KILLER QUEEN
I hear she's dynamite with a laser beam.
Guaranteed to blow your mind *nod nod*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

Song lyrics...

What a drag.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:56 am Song lyrics...

What a drag.
The show must go on.

Don’t stop me now.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:17 am
Ken wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:56 am Song lyrics...

What a drag.
The show must go on.

Don’t stop me now.
Come on who wants to live forever?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

catsi563 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:30 am Come on who wants to live forever?
I want to ride my bicycle.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:06 am
catsi563 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:30 am Come on who wants to live forever?
I want to ride my bicycle.
just ask Jab Fat bottomed girls make the rockin world go round

were all going straight to heck for this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catsi stories
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I once wrote up M&M game stats for Freddie Mercury. So, fair warning, I am totally prepared to do nothing but quote Queen lyrics between now and the heat-death of the universe.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well while youre doing that Ill be waiting for the hammer to fall, hammer to fall! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:29 am I once wrote up M&M game stats for Freddie Mercury. So, fair warning, I am totally prepared to do nothing but quote Queen lyrics between now and the heat-death of the universe.
So tempting. So, so tempting.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

PERFECT 10
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 180 PP )

Lewis Carroll, 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' Chp. VI wrote:'It's really dreadful' She muttered to herself, 'The way all the creatures argue. It's enough to drive one crazy!'
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 8

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 9 (+12), Deception 6 (+14), Expertise [Psychology] 5 (+8), Insight 10 (+15), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+15), Ranged Attack [Firearms] 10 (+12), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Attractive (2), Benefit [Cipher], Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (5), Equipment (4), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Defense, Languages (English, German, French), Trance, Ultimate Will

POWERS
Psionic Senses Senses 5 (Mental: Detect Minds: Acute, Extended, Radius, Ranged; Telepathic Awareness) [ 6 PP ]
Super-Ego Absorption Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Will; Condition: Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; E: Insidious [1], Ranged [Perception*], Progressive, Subtle [2]) [ 43 EP ]

Level-10 Telepath Array [ 17 PP Total ][/b]
Telepathy Communication 2 (Mental, Short Range; E: Area, Rapid [1], Selective, Subtle [2]) [ 15 PP ]
○ AE: Mind Reading 10 (E: Cumulative, Subtle [2], Split [2]; F: Feedback) [ 1 PP ]
○ AE: Mind Blast Affliction 5 (Resist/Recover: Will; Condition: Dazed, Stunned; E: Concentration, Insidious [1], Ranged [Perception*], Subtle [1]; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 11 EP ]

*Super-Ego Absorption and Mind Blast are both based on perception via Psionic Senses's Detect Minds effect.

EQUIPMENT ( 20 EP )
Silenced Walther PPK/S .380 ACP Damage 3 (E: Accurate [1], Ranged, Subtle [1]) [ 8 EP ]
Armored Costume Protection 2 (E: Subtle [1]) [ 4 EP ]
Smartphone [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE 24
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 5
Fortitude: (5) Base 4
Toughness: (3/8) ——
Will: (11) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 1 Total: 13 (Unarmed)
Attack: 14 Effect: 3 Total: 17 (Pistol)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Super-Ego Absorption)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Mind Blast)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 3/8 Total: 11/16
Parry: 8 Tough: 3/8 Total: 11/16
Fort: 5 Will: 11 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 52 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 24 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 18 pp ] +
POWERS [ 66 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 20 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Dissociative Identity Disorder: Perfect 10 seems to retain a part of the memories and personalities of anyone she has previously subjected to Super-Ego Absorption. The longer the subject remained under her control, the stronger the retained personality. Most of the time, these other personalities are subdued, with the very strongest manifesting as nothing more than disembodied voices only 10 can hear... But, sometimes, they can completely take control.

Education: Bachelor's Degree (Psychology), University of Lucerne
Date of Birth: October 13, 1995 (Age 23)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5'7" (1.70 m)
Weight: 130 lbs. (58.9 kg)
Measurments: 36-26-36 (34C)
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Secret
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: Col. Leopold Hapsburg (52, Father), Edith Winterthur (48, Mother), Maximillian Hapsburg-Winterthur (28, Brother)
Legal Status: Citizen of the Switzerland with no criminal record.

Background:
The newest member of the Cape City mafia's elite group of anti-superhero experts, the Cape Killers, Perfect 10 made headlines in her debut when she forced the Urban Archer, Stormbringer to fatally shoot three policemen on live television. Perfect 10's origins and true identity remain a mystery to most of the world, the sad truth is that she's the daughter of a beloved European super-heroine. She inherited her mother's telepathic abilities, but not her mental health. Therese Hapsburg-Winterthur has been driven insane by her abilities and become a cold-blooded killer.