Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Batgirl III »

FREEDOM RIDER
Cape City Character
Power Level 8 ( 135 PP )

'The Wild One' (1953) wrote:Mildred: Hey, Johnny, what are you rebelling against?
Johnny: What've you got?
ABILITIES
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+13), Expertise [Engineer] 4 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 4 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Survival 2 (+6), Technology 8 (+10), Vehicles 14 (+18), Treatment 4 (+6)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (6), Improved Defense, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Vehicles)

POWERS
Drive Like The Devil Enhanced Advantage 6 (Agile Feint, Evasion (2), Improved Initiative (1), Move-By Action, Uncanny Dodge; F: Limited [only when operating ground vehicle]) [ 3 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 30 EP )
Armored Costume Protection 2 [ 2 EP ]
Binoculars [ 1 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
"Freedom," Custom 1952 Harley-Davidson Vehicle [ 25 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 4
Parry: (8) Base 2
Fortitude: (8) Base 5
Toughness: (5/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 Total: 16 (Unarmed)

Dodge: 8 Tough: 5/8 Total: 13/16
Parry: 8 Tough: 5/8 Total: 13/16
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 42 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] +
POWERS [ 3 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] =
135 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation (Thrills): Freedom Rider helps others in order to give himself a sense of excitement and fulfillment.
Obsession (Freedom): Freedom Rider is dedicated to the concept of “live free or die” for all.

Education: High School Graduate
Date of Birth: February 8, 1931 (Age 38)
Base of Operations: Mobile (Eastern Seaboard, United States)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Roman Catholic (Lapsed)
Relationships: None
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Johnny Stark was the son of single father, an Cape City auto-mechanic named John Stark, Sr., who served in the European Theater as a motorcycle messenger in Patton's Third Army. For most of the war, young Johnny lived with his maiden aunt, Louisa Stark, and her "special friend" Gladys Freeman. John Stark, Sr. was killed in the Battle of the Bulge and left young Johnny little more than his dog tags and the deed to a shuttered Cape City auto garage that was months behind on the rent. Not too many years latter, Johnny was himself drafted to fight in the Korean War...

The war left Johnny an embittered, withdrawn man. "Combat fatigue" was the name the doctors gave it and they said they had no idea what caused it. Johnny's fellow veterans called it "the thousand yard stare" and the whispered the word "Chosin" was all they needed to explain it. The only time Johnny seemed to come back to life was on the back of a motorcycle or behind the wheel of a hot rod.

During the sweltering summer of 1958, Johnny watched in awe as Sundown and Vesper stomped a crew of mafia goons that tried to firebomb a neighborhood grocer that had refused to pay their protection money. The next night, looking for revenge, Johnny witnessed a pair of mobster snatch the grocer's daughter. Hoping onto his motorcycle, he gave chase and was able to save the girl... He made himself a mask the next day.

Freedom Rider was a rebel, an anarchic wild-man with a daredevil attitude and little respect for authority. But, in his own way, he was deeply devoted to the cause of freedom, liberty, and helping the helpless. He joined Sundown's Liberty Club only after receiving assurances that they would remain independent of the government.

In the summer of 1969, Johnny Stark was found dead by his fiancee Judy Bleeker, inside the locked office of Stark & Son Auto Garage. He was thirty-eight years old.
Freedom
Custom 1952 Harley-Davidson Hydra-Glide
Equipment Rank 5 ( 25 EP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Medium [ 0 EP ]
Strength: 2 [ 2 EP ]
Speed: 7 [ 7 EP ]
Defense: 10 [ 10 EP ]
Toughness: 8 [ 3 EP ]
Feature: Alarm, Caltrops, Oil Slick [ 3 EP ]
Last edited by Batgirl III on Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

How'd the Rider die?It had to be either poisoning or they strangled him and locked the door behind them.....
The Deaths of Most of the Liberty Club membership would make an excellent Silver Age Cape City game....:)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:13 am How'd the Rider die?It had to be either poisoning or they strangled him and locked the door behind them.....
I forgot to mention that it was locked from the inside.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:32 am
MacynSnow wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:13 am How'd the Rider die?It had to be either poisoning or they strangled him and locked the door behind them.....
I forgot to mention that it was locked from the inside.
Depending on the type of door at the Garage,that can easily be done(and so can copycating a second key,for that matter)...
What i get for reading to many Mystery Novels...;)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Or, y'know, a roaring rampage of revenge by a centuries old criminal mastermind.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:40 am Or, y'know, a roaring rampage of revenge by a centuries old criminal mastermind.
That too...:D
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

Any chance you will write up the 18 Primarchs?

-STS
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MARY PRANKSTER
Cape City Character
Power Level 6 ( 90 PP )

Cher 'Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves' wrote:I was born in the wagon of a travellin' show
My mama used to dance for the money they'd throw
Papa would do whatever he could
Preach a little gospel, sell a couple bottles of doctor good
ABILITIES
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 3 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+10), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Dance; Presence-based] 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+5), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 7 (+9), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (2), Fascinate [Dance], Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Quick Draw, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork (1)

POWERS
Carny Talk and Secret Gestures Senses 2 (Auditory: Communication Link [other twin]; Visual: Communication Link [other twin]; E: Subtle [1]) [ 3 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 10 EP )
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]

Joy Buzzer Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Accurate [1], Improved Critical [2], Subtle [1]) [ 6 EP ]
AE: Razor Frisbee Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Indirect [1], Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
AE: Slippy String Affliction 6 (Resist Dodge; Recover: Agility; Conditions: Hindered, Prone; E: Area [60' Cone]; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 3
Parry: (6) Base 3
Fortitude: (4) Base 2
Toughness: (2/6) ——
Will: (8) Base 7

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 1 Total: 11 (Unarmed)
Attack: 9 Effect: 3 Total: 12 (Joy Buzzer)
Attack: 9 Effect: 3 Total: 12 (Razor Frisbee)
Attack: —— Effect: 6 Total: 6 (Slippy String)
Dodge: 6 Tough: 2/6 Total: 8/12
Parry: 6 Tough: 2/6 Total: 8/12
Fort: 4 Will: 8 Total: 12

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 17 pp ] +
POWERS [ 3 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] =
90 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Relationships: Ruth and Rebecca had a large extended family, additionally, they considered all the performers in their parents' circus honorary family as well.

Education: M.F.A. (Ballet) Van Dyne Conservatory
Date of Birth: November 21, 1945 (Age 24)
Base of Operations: Cape City, NJ
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 108 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Religion: Jewish (Non-Practicing)
Relationships: Ester Gold (mother), Saul "Solid" Gold (father), Jaccob "The Great Caesar" Gold (brother)
Legal Status: Citizens of the United States with no criminal record.

Background:
Ruth and Rebecca Gold were the twin daughters of self-professed "carny trash," who grew up in the back of gaudily painted box truck, travelling up and down the eastern half of the United States as part of their parents' act. Their mother was an acrobat, their father a strongman, and their older brother was a stage magician. The pair worked closely with their brother, acting as one single assisstant, using their indentical looks to sell the illusions. When they were seventeen, on a lark, they crashed the auditions for the Van Dyne Conservatory... and were selected. The girls didn't fit in very well with their upper-class WASPy classmates, but they excelled as students and were beloved by their (mostly Russian immigrant) dance instructors.

Upon graduation, they found it difficult to break into professional dance troupes due to their background, so they openned a small dance studio in Prince's Landing. When Sundown, Vesper, and most important, to them, the Golem began to make headlines, the twins were inspired. Using their theatrical training and carny trickery, they created the identity of a single superheroine Mary Prankster. Mary Prankster would dazzle the civillians, bamboozle the crooks, and moved with such ease and grace that you'd swear she must have been in two places at once...

Ruth Gold was killed in her dance studio in the summer of 1969, she was 24. Rebecca Gold has not been seen since earlier that day.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

slade the sniper wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:32 amAny chance you will write up the 18 Primarchs?
I think you meant twenty-one Primarchs, and no, I don't have any plans to do so. I did have a lot of fun building my Warhammer 40,000 builds in the old thread, but it was a lot of work. I also haven't read but one or two of the Horus Heresy novel series, so I don't really have a firm grasp on what the characters are capable of. I put a regular Space Marine Captain at PL12/210 PP, so a Primarch is probably going to be somewhere around PL14-15 / 280-290 PP (basically, on par with Superman himself).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Whatever happened to the other half of Mary/Prankster?I hope you didn't have her rubbed out...
Btw; Absolutely love the Liberty Club build set so far....:D
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

When explaining Primarchs, I like to point to Konrad Curze, who, as a baby, survived his incubation canister crash-landing hard enough to be driven over a mile into a planet. It was then cemented in. He dug his way out, hunted the only available game in a hive city (people), and raised himself through observing how people lived in this oppressively criminal society. When he became adult enough, he imposed order on the entire planet by becoming some unholy combination of Batman, Sabretooth, and Stalin, all at once and all at 11. When he was recovered by the Emperor, he was ruler of his entire planet - as most Primarchs were - but his was remarkably peaceful and productive. Only weird thing is, people were too terrified to even speak aloud.

All of the known Primarchs except one had risen to control their home planet, through force of personality and arms. (Angron is the biggest disappointment of the Primarchs. I mean, Lorgar screwed everything to Hell, but not due to incompetence.)

#BlameLorgar
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

So far,my favorite Hero Team you've done has been The Liberty Club.Bravo!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Why do I think the Freedom Rider is possessed by Starro ? ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Bladewind wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 pm Why do I think the Freedom Rider is possessed by Starro ? ;)
Dude! That’s a Jack Kirby original! Have some respect for the King!

It was an unused sketch for a Captain America costume, which I think would have looked terrible for Cap, but it’s got a great Sixties/Seventies Outlaw Patriot hero vibe to it. I can totally see someone like Evel Knievel wearing it... and Evel (or at least his persona) was very much an influence on Freedom Rider.

It probably is pretty obvious, but I’m basing the majority of the Liberty Club on pop culture archetypes of the 1950s through 1960s: the hippie, the beatnik, the family friendly outlaw biker, the cowboy, and so forth.

(Hey, it worked for Astro City.)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Batgirl III wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:10 pm Dude! That’s a Jack Kirby original! Have some respect for the King!

It was an unused sketch for a Captain America costume, which I think would have looked terrible for Cap.
Gotta respect the King, but even he missed sometimes it seems ! :shock: :o :shock:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document