Power Level 12 ( 250 PP )
ABILITIESCharles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol' wrote:Before I draw nearer to that stone to which you point, answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that will be, or are they shadows of things that may be only?
Strength 1 (8; Lifting: 12)
Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise [Business] 7 (+15), Expertise [History; F: Limited to Cape City] 4 (+12), Expertise [Science] 7 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+10), Insight 5 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 3 (+8), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat [Power-Armor Weapons] 3 (+10), Technology 12 (+20), Vehicles 2 (+7)
Benefit [Wealth (5)], Connected, Contacts, Equipment (20), Improvised Tools, Interpose, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Move-By Action, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (2), Set-Up, Skill Mastery [Science, Technology (2)], Teamwork (1), Ultimate Skill [Science, Technology (2)], Well-Informed
► Industrialist Mk.XL Mod. 1 Power-Armor (90 Base; F: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 72 PP Total ][/b]
• Protection 12 (E: Impervious )[ 24 PP ]
• Enhanced Ability 11 (+11 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting [4 Ranks]) [ 18 PP ]
• Quickness 4 (F: Limited to Mental Tasks) [ 2 PP ]
• Flight 8 (500 MPH) [ 16 PP ]
• Immunity 10 (Life Support; F: Sustained) [ 10 PP ]
• Senses 10 (Visual: Extended, Infravision; Auditory: Extended; Radar: Acute, Accurate, Analytical, Extended, Ranged, Detect: Technology); Variable 1 (5 PP Traits; F: Limited to Senses) [ 20 PP ]
► Tesla Mk.XXI Mod. 7 Armament Package (25 Base; F: Removable [–1 per 5]) [ 20 PP Total ][/b]
• Tesla Gauntlets, Wide Beam Damage 10 (E: Ranged, Split ) [ 21 PP ]
• Tesla Gauntlets, Tight Beam Damage 8 (E: Accurate , Improved Critical , Ranged, Precise ) [ 1 PP ]
• AE: Tesla Field Affliction 7 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; E: Area [30' Burst], Cumulative) [ 1 PP ]
• AE: Tesla Lance Damage 8 (Strength-based; E: Penetrating ); Linked To: Weaken Toughness 8 (E: Affects Objects Only) [ 1 PP ]
• AE: Swarming Micro-Missiles Damage 8 (E: Area [30' Burst], Homing , Indirect , Ranged; F: Unreliable [Five Uses]) [ 1 PP ]
EQUIPMENT ( 100 EP )
• Special Note: The Futurist is the equipment character in my Cape City Universe. Although his Power Armor is the most prominent, it’s safe to say Cartwright has all the best toys. Listing individual items of Equipment for him would basically be a waste of time in forum format. One can safely assume he pretty much has any item of mundane Equipment. Indeed, in M&M game terms, the Futurist has plenty of options for breaking out the odd or unusual piece of gear beyond just Equipment Ranks: He's a Billionaire, he's got the Inventor Advantage, and Connections/Contacts in all sorts of places.
Dodge (8) Base 6
Parry: (8) Base 1
Fortitude: (4) Base 0
Toughness: (4/16) ——
Will: (8) Base 3
Attack: 12 Effect: 1 Total: 13 (Unarmed; Out of Armor)
Attack: 12 Effect: 8 Total: 20 (Unarmed; In Armor)
Attack: 10 Effect: 10 Total: 20 (Tesla Gauntlets, Wide Beam)
Attack: 16 Effect: 8 Total: 24 (Tesla Gauntlets, Tight Beam)
Attack: —— Effect: 7 Total: 7 (Tesla Field)
Attack: 8 Effect: 16 Total: 24 (Tesla Lance)
Attack: —— Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Micro-Missiles)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 4/16 Total: 12/24
Parry: 8 Tough: 4/16 Total: 12/24
Fort: 4 Will: 8 Total: 12
ABILITIES [ 70 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 35 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 43 pp ] +
POWERS [ 92 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] =
250 PP TOTAL
A Death in the Family: The Futurist is sometimes stunned by traumatic flashbacks to the night his wife and son were murdered, especially in connection to "Pain Hill," where the killings took place.
Duty: The Futurist is the chairman of the Liberty Alliance Worldwide, the commander of the L.A.W.'s West Bureau, and the most prominent hero in Cape City. He's stretched pretty thin these days.
Relationships: Alexander Albright, is a clone of Christopher Cartwright, but the two have a sort of father-son relationship.
Responsibility: Christopher Cartwright consider Cape City to be his city, and his responsibility.
Real Name: Christopher Cartwright
Alias: The Chromed Crusader, The Armored Icon
Education: All of It
Date of Birth: May 1, 1950 (Age 68)
Base of Operations: Cape City, NJ
Height: 6'2" (1.88 m)
Weight: 210 lbs. (95.3 kg)
Religion: Religious Society of Friends
Relationships: Alexander Albright (clone)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
The history of the Cartwright Family is that of their hometown, Cape City. Just as the history of Cape City is that of their first family, the Cartwrights. Most of this is publicly known, indeed the Cartwright Family has been so influential in the history of the city that nearly every schoolchild in New Jersey learns "Cape May Remarks" speech that Josiah Cartwright made upon signing the Declaration of Independence alongside speeches like the "Gettysburg Address" or "I Have A Dream..."
The world was stunned in 1995 when at the funeral for the fallen Exemplar, his longtime teammate and friend, the mysterious Futurist unmasked before delivering the eulogy. The armored icon was none other than Christopher Cartwright! In follow-up interviews with the Daily Navigator Cartwright explained that his family had a long history of leading the city as businessmen and charity work, but also defending it in secret as masked "Mystery Men." In 1776, Joshiah Cartwright had aided the Revolutionary War as the masked Citizen Tomorrow; In the 1940s, it had been Kenneth Cartwright Jr. wearing the armor if the invincible Industrialist; and since the late 1960s, Christopher Cartwright had been the chromed crusader, the Futurist.
There was one important detail that Christopher Cartwright never revealed to the media or even his closest allies in the Liberty Alliance. The Cartwright Family has been living with a curse since the late 15th Century. The firstborn male of every generation has been able to see the future, the curse always manifests around puberty, and with utter clarity they suddenly know everything that will happen to them. Their ability to extends right up until the day their own firstborn son is born. The Cartwright Family used this knowledge to gain a technological and financial edge, building their empire, but as anyone familiar with Greek theater knows, prophecy is a fickle gift. Christopher Cartwright lost his precognitive abilities when his son, Clark, was born. But Clark had not yet reached the age when his own precognition would begin... So no one knew the tragedy that awaited them down that alley.
Alexander Albright wrote:
Cape City Character ( PL 4 / 60 PP )
STR 0 STA 0 AGI 0 DEX 0
FTR 0 INT 8 AWA 5 PRE 3
• Cartwright Curse Senses 4 (Mental: Precognition) [ 4 PP ]
Benefit [Wealth (5)], Contacts, Connected
Deception 1 (+4), Expertise [Business] 6 (+14), Insight 3 (+8), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+8), Technology 2 (+10)
Dodge 2, Parry 2, Toughness 0, Fortitude 3, Will 5
Alexander Albright was originally created to take over from Christopher Cartwright as CEO of the Cartwight business empire to help mend some of the damage that Christopher Cartwright had foreseen as an inevitable consequence of his neglect of the business (Christopher thought this would be due to his activities as the Futurist, in fact, it would be because of his grief after his wife and son were murdered). Since then, Albright has refused various lucrative offers to work for other companies, given the considerable freedom he enjoys in running both Albright Enterprises and the Cartwright empire. Christopher Cartwright trusts him absolutely and the pair have something between a father/son or mentor/protege relationship.