Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Atlas! Jolt! Charcoal! Elements of Doom! Blizzard!)

Post by Tattooedman »

I gotta give you some serious props for working out all the Elements of Doom, that is one hell of a huge list of characters to build Jab. Great work as always!
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 pm I gotta give you some serious props for working out all the Elements of Doom, that is one hell of a huge list of characters to build Jab. Great work as always!
Thanks! It's largely unchanged from my original post, but I remember it being a LOT of complicated work... though I recall lifting a lot of their "tiers" from the Marvel SAGA System RPG, which actually detailed the separate powers they'd all have.

So overall, only one Blizzard joined the Thunderbolts at any point, but there's actually a TON of them, so I'll detail the rest. And then I'll post out two EXTRA Ice-powered villains, both doomed to obscurity :).
Jabroniville

Blizzard (Randy Macklin)

Post by Jabroniville »

BLIZZARD III (Randy Macklin)
Created By:
Sholly Fisch & Tom Morgan
First Appearance: Marvel Holiday Special #2 (Jan. 1993)
Role: One-Off Villain

-I never really know what to think of other "one-off" villains- do they count towards the total number of guys? Do you call them Blizzard III and IV? Because Flash Thompson doesn't count as Spider-Man II from that time he wore the blue & red pajamas, y'know?

-In any case, a one-off Blizzard named Randy Macklin was a buddy of Donnie's who borrowed the suit, was quickly beaten by Iron Man, and then hired on at Stark Enterprises (which happens to a lot of Tony's baddies). This was all in a one-shot Marvel Holiday Special, which probably explains why he was a one-off- they just wanted a "one and done" story to ignore for later.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:48 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:30 pm I gotta give you some serious props for working out all the Elements of Doom, that is one hell of a huge list of characters to build Jab. Great work as always!
Thanks! It's largely unchanged from my original post, but I remember it being a LOT of complicated work... though I recall lifting a lot of their "tiers" from the Marvel SAGA System RPG, which actually detailed the separate powers they'd all have.

So overall, only one Blizzard joined the Thunderbolts at any point, but there's actually a TON of them, so I'll detail the rest. And then I'll post out two EXTRA Ice-powered villains, both doomed to obscurity :).
I figured as much but don't think I said anything the first time you posted them.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Huh. I do not remember the Elements being in Marvel SAGA RPg. Do you know which book? :shock:
Jabroniville

Blizzard (Mickey Quaid)

Post by Jabroniville »

BLIZZARD IV (Mickey Quaid)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Unknown
Role: One-Off Villain

-A fourth Blizzard was Mickey Quaid, who was hired by Justin Hammer when Donnie Gill was unavailable. A one-off substitute, he joined Afterburner, Beetle, Blacklash, Boomerang & Spymaster in fighting Silver Sable and the Wild Pack in her series. PRESUMABLY. I mean, this character is so obscure I can't find him on Marvunapp (except one mention on someone else's bio), Marvel Wiki or anything!
Jabroniville

Blizzard (Fraction Version)

Post by Jabroniville »

BLIZZARD V (Jim something)
Created By:
Matt Fraction & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: The Invincible Iron Man #510 (Jan. 2012)
Role: Replacement Villain

-A fifth Blizzard was used in Matt Fraction's Iron Man run, and was given one of those hyper-complicated Salvador Larocca designs. He was given powers by the Mandarin & Ezekiel Stane to be part of their group or villains to vex Tony Stark. He'd had a bomb implanted inside him to force his cooperation, and engaged in terrorist actions, like robbing Abu Dhabi of water. This caused him to turn on his bosses with Tony implored the villains to join his side- Tony deactivated the kill-switches in the villains, but Blizzard was impaled by one of the Mandarin's Titanomechs in the final battle- his total run in comics was only about a calendar year.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Goldar wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:55 pm
Huh. I do not remember the Elements being in Marvel SAGA RPg. Do you know which book? :shock:
Avengers Roster Book, p. 41.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Elements of Doom

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:13 pm Image

THE ELEMENTS OF DOOM
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & John Byrne
First Appearance: The Avengers #188 (Oct. 1979)
Role: Jobber Army, Elementals

-The Elements of Doom were a great idea-
Agreed. Though it would take someone like Kurt Busiek to bring them back, given they popped up once in an Avengers issue back in the late 70s. But they do make a great concept. There's so many elements with unique properties, and they'd be extra dangerous if they ever pulled Metal Men style stunts where they worked in unison. They really do feel more like a DC team than a Marvel one, which is perhaps why they get used so little.

It does make for weird situation tho, when they're based solely on periodic table of OUR Earth, whereas the periodic table of Marvel should have several more elements, minerals and the like added to it. Imagine an Adamantium, Vibranium, Omnim, Carbinadium and similar Elementals?

And I agree with several other posters here, that WAS an intense amount of work you put into them.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Blizzard (Fraction Version)

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:36 pm Image

BLIZZARD V (Jim something)
Created By:
Matt Fraction & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: The Invincible Iron Man #510 (Jan. 2012)
Role: Replacement Villain
I HATE these kind of re-designs. To me it feels like a different version of 90's style re-designs with the pouches, jackets, and the like. It's comics, we've had tech that can make power suits spandex-y for decades. Making them look like this actually kind of gives the impression that they're less sophisticated because it's so bulky. Plus all the eyes and useless bits, he looks like an Ultron drone.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:25 pm It does make for weird situation tho, when they're based solely on periodic table of OUR Earth, whereas the periodic table of Marvel should have several more elements, minerals and the like added to it. Imagine an Adamantium, Vibranium, Omnim, Carbinadium and similar Elementals?
I think they stated that Adamantium and Vibranium are compounds, rather than elements, though I'm not sure about the others.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Icemaster

Post by Jabroniville »

THE ICEMASTER (Bradley Kroon)
Created By:
Roger Stern & Frank Miller (seriously), First Used in Continuity by Kurt Busiek
First Appearance: Hostess Fruit Pie Advertisement, Avengers #191 (1980)
Role: Pie-Lover
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil
PL 7 (88)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+2)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Hostess Fruit Pies) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Ranged Attack (Ice Attacks) 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Freeze" Snare 7 (21) -- [25]
  • AE: Create Ice 6 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (19)
  • AE: "Ice Ball" Blast 6 (12)
  • AE: "Life-Stealing Cold" Weaken Stamina/Toughness 6 (Extras: Affects Objects) (12)
  • AE: "Ice Weapons" Strength-Damage +3 (3)
"Sleet, Snow & Rain" Environment 2 (60 feet) (Extreme Cold 2, Impede Movement 2, Visibility) [10]
Immunity 11 (Cold, Cold Damage, Heat & Fire Damage) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Ice Weapons +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Ice Ball +7 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Freeze +7 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Life-Stealing Cold +6 (+6 Weaken, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Addiction (Hostess Fruit Pies)- Icemaster cannot get enough of the sweet filling of a Hostess Fruit Pie. He will be unable to do anything but sit down and chow down like Rosie O'Donnell at a buffet, even if it means being captured and going to prison.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 11 (88)

-Okay, so the most obscure character in that "Thunderbolts Contest" where fans were supposed to be able to name all the various members of the Crimson Cowl's squad, and also their issues of origin, was THIS guy: The Icemaster. Turns out, that sneaky bastard Kurt Busiek took a character from a THIRTY YEAR OLD HOSTESS FRUIT PIE AD, expecting (correctly) that nobody would get it. He accidentally nailed his teammate Man-Killer with a blast of ice, then got blasted by Scorcher, all because Hawkeye is way better than these scrubs.

-This was the character's only other appearance... until years later, he appeared in Avengers Academy, escaping from The Raft when a possessed Juggernaut broke it during Fear Itself. Finally getting a real name, he joined Aftershock, Ember & Whirlwind running through New England, but were stopped by Speedball. Speedball was held off by the townsfolk, who felt that the villains would leave more easily without any superhumans around, but he brought out the Academy instructors & students, who brought the villains in. Later, he was part of a prison riot ended by Rogue & Mimic.

-A true scrub, Icemaster is basically a PL 7 mini-version of Iceman, able to create some pretty nifty Ice Storms with his Environment power, weaken life functions with his touch, form weapons out of Ice, make ice sheets, throw iceballs, or just freeze guys at range.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Davies wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:19 pm
Thank you so much! :)

(Digs through piles of books frantically searching for this one...)
Jabroniville

Ice Princess

Post by Jabroniville »

"My power flurries through the air into the ground!
My soul is spiraling in FROZEN FRACTALS all around!
And one thought crystallizes like an icy blaaaast!!
I'm never going back;
The past is in the paaaaaaaa-- no wait."

ICE PRINCESS (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Rik Levins
First Appearance: Captain America #387 (July 1991)
Role: One-Shot Villain, Ice-User
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (86)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Inuit) 4 (+4)
Insight 1 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Ice Powers) 4 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Ice Powers"
"Cold Wave" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Cumulative) (18) -- [22]
  • AE: "Icicle Blast" Blast 5 (Feats: Split) (11)
  • AE: "Freeze Beam" Snare 6 (18)
  • AE: "Frozen Fractals" Create 4 (Feats: Innate) (9)
  • AE: "Ice Slide" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Platform) (3)
Immunity 10 (Cold Effects) [10]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Cold) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Cold Wave +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Icicle Blast +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Freeze Beam +8 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Power Loss (Heat)- With rudimentary ice powers, Ice Princess is likely prone to attacks involving heat or fire.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 9 (86)

-Gruenwald may have offed about a billion Jobbers in his span as Cap-writer, but he also created his fair share: Ice Princess debuted alongside Chimera & Mysteria in the Superia Stratagem story as a final Goon Squad trying to stop the heroes, but didn't do much of anything besides look annoyed (she sighed... that's about all the dialogue she ever got). She threw a Cold Wave out that stunned Diamondback, Asp & Paladin for a second (looking entertainly like Queen Elsa's heart-freezing wave in Frozen), but her Icicle Blast was caught by Diamondback, who started using it as a melee weapon. Next scene had no mention of Princess at all, but it was confirmed that she was defeated. She disappeared for literally decades, popping up as the deepest of deep cuts (alongside Wrangler, who'd debuted in the same story) in the background of a Fear Itself book starring the Avengers Academy folks- she is defeated by Speedball.

-As such a Backgrounder, she's a PL 7 weak "Ice Person" type of character with some Immunities. I'm not even sure about the Immunities or the Ice Slide, but what the hey?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:07 am
Davies wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:19 pm
Thank you so much! :)

(Digs through piles of books frantically searching for this one...)
Here- I took a pic of mine: