Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Amazons! The Mask! Giganta! The Blue Snowman!)

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm Her claws, whilst not particularly high damage (1 STR-based damage), I notice aren't represented in your build. They also posed a bit more of a threat to Diana due to her relative softness to sharp and ballistic weapons.
Yes, and also, in that one pic, Cheetah had a red right "claw" bracelet that I believe shot claws from it.
Jabroniville

The Cheetah (Bronze Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CHEETAH II (Deborah Domaine) (Bronze Age)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Jose Delbo
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #274 (Dec. 1980)
Role: Brainwashed Agent
Group Affiliations: The Secret Society of Super-Villains
PL 8 (104)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Socialite) 4 (+6)
Insight 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Daze (Deception), Equipment (Clawed Cheetah Costume- Claws +2 & Wall-Crawling), Evasion, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Cheetah Claws +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Wonder Woman)
Motivation (The Environment)- Deborah's activism has been modifed via brainwashing into an all-consuming murderous desire to see the world punished for polluting. She blows up dams, destroys oil tankers, etc.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (104)

-The second Cheetah is kind of weird- the original had fallen into disuse as a Golden Age villain, and wasn't really a thing at all. When the terrorist Kobra sought to recruit Priscilla Rich, she was revealed as having become an invalid. A dying Rich was visited by her niece, Deborah Domaine, who was an ecology activist, having felt guilt over her wealthy upbringing. Rich quickly dies, and Deborah is kidnapped by Kobra and told her aunt's secret history as the Cheetah, then tortured and brainwashed into carrying on, because I guess he REALLY needed a Cheetah, and even a random rich girl would do. Now wearing a very "70s" cleavage-baring version of the costume, Deborah became an evil Catgirl, at first removed of all humanity- she hissed, bit and scratched like a wild cat.

-In five short years, she was involved in a few fights with Wonder Woman (including the "Captain Wonder" incident where Dr. Psycho, Angle Man & Silver Swan used Steve Trevor's idealized self to fight Etta Candy & Diana), and was part of the Secret Society: Ultra-Humanite, Floronic Man, Psycho-Pirate, the Monocle, Mist, Rag Doll & Brainwave. They were formed to fight the Justice League & Society, but the Earth-One members like Deborah were eventually turned on and had to fight the others. She was then retconned out of existence by the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Only a few hints have been left here or there about her.

-Deborah is pretty similar to Priscilla, but has a strange kind of animalistic strength owing to sheer ferocity- "borderline superhuman" and stuff, but I don't see how she could tangle with Wonder Woman.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Debbie had actually met and formed an acquaintance with Diana before her transformation, which may be where the notion of Barbara Minerva as Diana's friend comes from.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Intresting sidenote: all these "Save the Environment" villians always do MORE damage to the environment than the people their attacking....(Alanis Morrisette's "Isn't it Ironic?" starts playing)

And i'd like to see what Stats & such Captain Wonder version of Steve Trevor had, if you don't mind Jab... ;)
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:33 pm Intresting sidenote: all these "Save the Environment" villians always do MORE damage to the environment than the people their attacking....(Alanis Morrisette's "Isn't it Ironic?" starts playing)
Well, if they didn't make things worse it would look dangerously like they had a point. It's like the way you can't kill the Joker in an alternate universe without trying to take over the world and needing to be put down.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:33 pm Intresting sidenote: all these "Save the Environment" villians always do MORE damage to the environment than the people their attacking....(Alanis Morrisette's "Isn't it Ironic?" starts playing)
Well, if they didn't make things worse it would look dangerously like they had a point. It's like the way you can't kill the Joker in an alternate universe without trying to take over the world and needing to be put down.
True, but i still find it Ironic that nobody seems to tell them this fact.... :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

And i'd like to see what Stats & such Captain Wonder version of Steve Trevor had, if you don't mind Jab... ;)
I'm pretty sure Captain Wonder was a psychic duplicate of Steve Trevor with powers, controlled by Dr. Psycho.

However, Steve's identity as the Patriot... from WW #174 (vol. 1)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
scc

Post by scc »

I did a build of the Bronze Age Cheetah some time ago. Though Who's Who and DC Heroes RPG do not give her superhuman strength it seemed like she might get some when she is angry. She was able to punch through armored plexiglass using her strength and martial arts prowess. She also had chrome plated claws. And here is a good pic of her:

kirinke

Post by kirinke »

How is she able to keep her ahh "assets" inside that costume? They look like they're about ready to pop out at any time. I swear, comic book artists just don't understand physics or even female bodies 99 percent of the time. With "assets" that big, you need support. Especially when you're bouncing around in a fight.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spirit gum
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:39 am

I'm pretty sure Captain Wonder was a psychic duplicate of Steve Trevor with powers, controlled by Dr. Psycho.

However, Steve's identity as the Patriot... from WW #174 (vol. 1)
Yes, he was, but in fact, had strength even greater than Wonder Woman, because he gave himself what he thought was WW's strength (and powers) which were actually much more than what Diana herself possessed. :shock:
Jabroniville

The Cheetah (Barbara Minerva)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CHEETAH III (Barbara Ann Minverva) (Post-Crisis)
Created By:
Len Wein & George Perez
First Appearance: Wonder Woman #7 (Aug. 1987)
Role: Animal-Powered Super-Villain
Group Affiliations: The Secret Society of Super-Villains, The Injustice League
PL 12 (186)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+18)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Archaeology) 6 (+9)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+11)
Perception 7 (+10)
Stealth 1 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Agile Feint, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 4, Improved Hold, Instant Up, Languages 1 (A Few), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]
Speed 8 (500 mph) [8]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]
"Spotted Coat" Enhanced Skills 6: Stealth 6 (+13) (Flaws: Limited to Within Forests or High Grasses) [2]
"Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Cheetah Claws +13 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +22

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Wonder Woman)- She initially just wanted the Magic Lasso because it's a great archaeological artifact, but she's now just carrying a grudge over past defeats.
Responsibility (Urzkartaga)- The God that empowers Barbara occasionally depowers her or punishes her in other ways, such as leaving one hand looking human, even while she's in Cheetah form.
Responsibility (Bloodlust)- Cheetah is occasionally driven into a euphoric rage when attacking.
Involuntary Transformation (Barbara Minerva)- For a time, Barbara could only transform during a full moon. Her human form was also quite frail.

Total: Abilities: 104 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 14 (186)

-When George Perez redeveloped Wonder Woman, part of his job was to restructure the Rogues Gallery, including altering old villains into new threats. The Cheetah, typically just a rich chick with mental problems, was now a clawed Beast-Woman of sorts, which was a power-set a lot more common by the 1980s- this fashioned her into a more physical rival of WW instead of just some manipulatress. This one was a wealthy, neurotic archaeologist Barbara Minerva, who sought out a cheetah-powered woman who was guarding a tribe in Africa- when said guardian and most of Barbara's expedition are killed by marauders, she takes the guardian's place. However, said powers were apparently intended for a VIRGIN, and so the non-virginal Minerva was "punished" by the Slut-Shaming Gods by being rendered agonized and disabled in her human form, and bloodthirsty as a cat-woman. In her human form, she attempts to swindle Wonder Woman out of her Magic Lasso, and is found out when it forces her to reveal the truth of her intentions- Diana is humbled and mortified, and the Cheetah is shot by Julia Kapatelis (the "Human Ally" character) and chased off.

-Over time, this Cheetah goes from an "I want your Lasso!" thief to a savage fighter with a bruised ego and a grudge because of it. At one point she is saved by Diana, then repays her by aiding her against some mob bosses- later, she loses her powers to Sebastian Ballesteros, who becomes a male Cheetah. Eventually, she kills him to regain the powers, then gains even greater speed thanks to Professor Zoom convincing her to kill the original Cheetah, Priscilla Rich, thus "unlocking" her true potential. After this, she seems to just be a recurring backgrounder- among the few comics I own featuring her, she's a one-off threat in Villains United/Secret Six, terrorizing the crew, who realize they're far outstripped in power (Gail Simone, a WW fangirl, obviously gave full props to the character- "We got a chance, here?" "She can take a punch from Wonder Woman. No, I don't think we got a chance here"). But she does take part in a few Event Stories and turns out to be responsible for the creation of the villain Genocide. The character has subsequently been brought back in the New 52, Rebirth, and the upcoming second Wonder Woman movie- this is the version of the character with the real staying power.

-One thing that just bugs me about this character, though, is that they turned a CHEETAH into a power-house. Not a Speedblitzer, but this mega-powerful brawler with claws and all the usual "Animalistic Claw Fighter" stuff. It's just weird, because cheetahs are the weakest, most fragile larger cats out there and have short, blunted claws to aid in running! I mean, I know they wanted a brawler who was a physical match for WW, but still. It's not for nothing that one of the most iconic images of the character is more "cute manipulator" than "savage beast", and the JLU version is almost nothing like this- just a genetically-modified Furry. And when one of Wonder Woman's MAJOR FOES can barely maintain a consistent appearance or concept over various forms of media, it really says something.

-This Cheetah is the most powerful of the versions, being able to fight it out with Wonder Woman. She's massively strong, very fast, and has lethal claws, upgraded to allow a match with PL 14 Diana- she has to fight a bit smarter and she's never WON, but she's still dangerous enough that other villains are better off not even trying to tangle with her. I threw on some basic animal stuff to an upgraded version of your typical Claw Guy build, so she's actually quite pricey.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Post by scc »

Ken wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:10 amSpirit gum
Exactly! Lol!
MacynSnow

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Giganta! The Blue Snowman! The Cheetah!)

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm with you on this one, Jab. Much as i think Cheetah needed the upgrade, turning her into a typical Animalistic Claw Fighter wasn't it.
Since Cheetah's are considered the fastest Land animal on Earth(in regards to short distances, at least), it'dve been nice to have a Femme Fatale Evil Speedster. But, i'm just the Spectator and not a Coach....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I already statted Captain Wonder a few pages ago, shortly before your return :).