Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Yojimbo

Re: Tarzan

Post by Yojimbo »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am -Tarzan breaks the PL 7 "Soft Cap" I've used on most Disney characters- the guy can fight a freaking LEOPARD and a SILVERBACK GORILLA and remain not-dead. He's about as elite a jungle fighter as you're ever likely to see- even superior at moving through the jungle compared to Ka-Zar (a Marvel rip-off of Tarzan). In a comic book universe, he'd probably be PL 9 or so, but in his own movie, any animal is a dire threat, as are human Mooks wielding guns, so he's not QUITE at a super-hero's level.
I've never seen this movie, but that makes sense. Burrough's Tarzan is basically superhuman. He has Captain America's physical stats and Batman's mental stats, and could easily be PL 12. Of course, in his universe there's just Tarzan (and maybe David Innes), so he kind of has to be able to face a wide range of situations and challenges and triumph over them. Just like Spider-Man is difficult to fit into a PL 10/150 PP build because he's a solo hero and built to succeed at a lot - Tarzan can wrestle a lion, has Black Panther-like super-senses, knows a dozen languages, can pilot a plane or disappear into the bush like Natty Bumppo, etc. He comes from that tradition of ultracompetent pulp heroes, like Conan or Doc Savage.

I mean, Tarzan wins fist-fights with great apes. I hesitate to call them gorillas (I don't think Burroughs ever did, it's "Tarzan of the Apes," not "Tarzan of the Gorillas), but they mostly look like gorillas while acting more like chimpanzees. Not that anyone ever accused Edgar Rice Burroughs of being much of a biologist. Philip Jose Farmer did suggest that the Mangani might have been Australopithecines, which given all the lost cities and hollow earth filled with dinosaurs, is entirely keeping with Tarzan's idiom.

Which is a long-winded way of saying, if you have a PL cap for your Disney builds, Tarzan is absolutely the guy who should break it.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Hades! Circe! Mulan! Shang! Shan Yu! Tarzan! Jane!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow, interesting stuff! So apparently Mangani were treated like a mystery species of ape, Kerchak was a monstrous leader that killed Tarzan’s father, and the movie Kerchak is based off of another character- one who later appeared in Disney’s TV show... with Book Kerchak’s personality.

As someone who doesn’t really have any love for the pulp genre, I’m super unfamiliar with the inner workings of these universes... but I’ll be building one of the book/tv show characters tomorrow anyways. Try to look surprised at who I picked, and why :).
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 am
Davies wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:03 am Ironically, Disney's Tarzan softens one character, Kerchak, who's an unrepentant monster in Burroughs, and dramatically hardens another in his place.
I didn’t realize Kerchak wasn’t a Disney original. Actually, I’ve never read a real version of Tarzan before, so I do t know anything about him, really :).
Hie thee to the Kindle Store, young rapscallion.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:31 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 am
Davies wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:03 am Ironically, Disney's Tarzan softens one character, Kerchak, who's an unrepentant monster in Burroughs, and dramatically hardens another in his place.
I didn’t realize Kerchak wasn’t a Disney original. Actually, I’ve never read a real version of Tarzan before, so I do t know anything about him, really :).
Hie thee to the Kindle Store, young rapscallion.
It's not a genre that interests me, and I pretty much never have the time to read novels, sorry.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Yojimbo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am -Tarzan breaks the PL 7 "Soft Cap" I've used on most Disney characters- the guy can fight a freaking LEOPARD and a SILVERBACK GORILLA and remain not-dead. He's about as elite a jungle fighter as you're ever likely to see- even superior at moving through the jungle compared to Ka-Zar (a Marvel rip-off of Tarzan). In a comic book universe, he'd probably be PL 9 or so, but in his own movie, any animal is a dire threat, as are human Mooks wielding guns, so he's not QUITE at a super-hero's level.
I've never seen this movie, but that makes sense. Burrough's Tarzan is basically superhuman. He has Captain America's physical stats and Batman's mental stats, and could easily be PL 12. Of course, in his universe there's just Tarzan (and maybe David Innes), so he kind of has to be able to face a wide range of situations and challenges and triumph over them. Just like Spider-Man is difficult to fit into a PL 10/150 PP build because he's a solo hero and built to succeed at a lot - Tarzan can wrestle a lion, has Black Panther-like super-senses, knows a dozen languages, can pilot a plane or disappear into the bush like Natty Bumppo, etc. He comes from that tradition of ultracompetent pulp heroes, like Conan or Doc Savage.

I mean, Tarzan wins fist-fights with great apes. I hesitate to call them gorillas (I don't think Burroughs ever did, it's "Tarzan of the Apes," not "Tarzan of the Gorillas), but they mostly look like gorillas while acting more like chimpanzees. Not that anyone ever accused Edgar Rice Burroughs of being much of a biologist. Philip Jose Farmer did suggest that the Mangani might have been Australopithecines, which given all the lost cities and hollow earth filled with dinosaurs, is entirely keeping with Tarzan's idiom.

Which is a long-winded way of saying, if you have a PL cap for your Disney builds, Tarzan is absolutely the guy who should break it.
Going by what I remember for later books, those apes were described in later works as "grey apes" a species unique to that particular part of Africa, who were physically similar to gorillas, but possessing an intellect much more closer to a human being.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:30 am Wow, interesting stuff! So apparently Mangani were treated like a mystery species of ape, Kerchak was a monstrous leader that killed Tarzan’s father, and the movie Kerchak is based off of another character- one who later appeared in Disney’s TV show... with Book Kerchak’s personality.
And another tidbit - the apes are the only animals that get proper names. "Sabor" and "Tantor" are just the Mangani words for leopard and elephant respectively. When Tarzan refers to Tantor the Elephant, he's not talking about a particular elephant.
As someone who doesn’t really have any love for the pulp genre, I’m super unfamiliar with the inner workings of these universes... but I’ll be building one of the book/tv show characters tomorrow anyways. Try to look surprised at who I picked, and why :).
The Tarzan books are rife with the kind of racist and colonialist nonsense you'd expect from an early 20th century American author writing about Africa (the first book was published in 1912), but for all that, they're pretty fun adventure books full of action, peril, and interesting scenarios. If the Disney TV show used La and Opar, the show probably stole a lot of other stuff from the books, too.

There are tons of Tarzan comics, as well, if that's more your speed. Walt Simonson and Lee Weeks did a particularly fun mini-series for Dark Horse that pitted the Lord of the Apes against a team of Predators - its set in Pellucidar, so there are dinosaurs running around too, because a team of Predator aliens is just not enough peril for Tarzan.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Woodclaw wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 am Going by what I remember for later books, those apes were described in later works as "grey apes" a species unique to that particular part of Africa, who were physically similar to gorillas, but possessing an intellect much more closer to a human being.
Cool!
Jabroniville

Clayton

Post by Jabroniville »

JOHN CLAYTON
Played by:
BRIAN BLESSED
Role: Evil White Hunter
PL 9 (111)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Great White Hunter) 12 (+14)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Rifle) 2 (+12)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Gun, Knife), Fast Grab, Favoured Foe (Animals), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Rifle) 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Tracking, Ultimate Hunter

Equipment:
"Rifle" Blast 6 (12) -- (13)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Knife +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Rifle +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Clayton hunts for money, plain and simple.
Secret (Hunting Gorillas)- Clayton wants to bag a bunch of apes for big cash, and is using the Porters to get him to Africa. He lies to Tarzan for the same reason.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (111)

-Holy HELL does Disney have a grudge against hunters- sure it might come from the fact that an alarming number of Disney films are based around animals that talk and have relationships and stuff, but MAN, I think Walt Disney must have been shot by a dangerous hillbilly as a kid, because his films are LITTERED with heartless, monstrous hunters. You've got "Man is in the forest" from Bambi, whomever Bambi'd Tod's mom in The Fox & the Hound, the three hillbillies in The Princess and the Frog, Cruella de Vil (kinda), McLeach from The Rescuers Down Under, and ol' John Clayton here. Clayton's an... OKAY villain, I guess, but lacks the menace or grandeur of most Disney foes, and never quite gets scary enough. This is odd, because BRIAN BLESSED (you must always use all caps, as TV Tropes tells us) is the hammiest of hammy actors, yet the only thing I remember of this guy is his death scene- accidentally hanging himself and ending up being seen by a silhouetted shadow while his legs sway in the breeze.

-Clayton was actually a pretty severe threat. I was gonna make him a PL 8 guy to match Tarzan, Sabor & Kerchak, but having a rifle in a film set in the jungles of 1880 Africa is basically like having a one-shot-kill death weapon. One shot will basically destroy anything it hits (though even in real life, most shots aren't instantly "you drop down and slowly die"- plenty of people don't even realize they've been shot) lest you get the arm (like Tarzan). He's a weaker fighter overall (PL 7 defensively and with his Knife or unarmed), but with that gun, he can do a lot of damage to Tarzan, especially because of the poorer Dodge of most jungle-denizens, who are only trained at fighting things in melee. With Power Attack, Clayton can do +11 Damage with his Rifle (that Crits on an 18-20), and at +6 to hit will STILL be a bit more accurate than Kerchak's DC 15 Dodge.

About the Performer: BRIAN BLESSED is infamous for giving over-the-top, boisterous performances, chewing the scenery in every role. His hamminess is so intense that even roles like Augustus Caesar, a famously stoic, intellectual man, was portrayed as a bellowing, chortling sort ("IS THERE A SINGLE MAN IN ROME WHO HAS NOT SLEPT WITH MY DAUGHTER?!?"). He's been performing since the 1960s, playing roles in I, Claudius, Return to Treasure Island, and more. He was the original Old Deuteronomy and Bustopher Jones in the 1981 West End version of Cats, and frequently appears in Shakespearean works, too. To nerds, BRIAN BLESSED is probably most iconic for playing Prince Vultan in the schlocky masterpiece Flash Gordon. To Brits, he's notable for his other work, plus being in Blackadder.

-BRIAN BLESSED'S real-life story includes things like sparring with the Dalai Lama in boxing, hitting 28,200 feet on Mount Everest while in his 50s, surviving a plane crash, and being the oldest man to reach the North Magnetic Pole on foot. In 2011, the student union of the University of York named their new study area the "BRIAN BLESSED Centre for Quiet Study". In 2015, he collapsed during a performance of King Lear, but returned to the stage 20 minutes later to complete the play.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Queen La

Post by Jabroniville »

QUEEN LA
Played by:
Diahann Carroll
Role: My Evil Bride, Evil Sorceress
PL 8 (158)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Magic) 3 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Ritualist

Powers:
"Forbidden Magic" Immunity 3 (Aging, Poison, Disease) [3]

"Golden Staff of Power" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [42]
"Vaporizing Blast" Blast 8 (16)
"Bless the Rains Down in Africa" Environment 5 (Visibility 1) (5)
"Alter Clothing" Morph 1 (Flaws: Limited to Clothing -2) (3)
Transform 15 (Ruins to Renewed Buildings) (Extras: Continuous) (45)
-- (69 points)

"Spiritual Possession" Mind Control 6 (Extras: Possession) [30]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Enemy (Tarzan)- La is confounded by Tarzan's refusal to become her mate- she sees him as physically perfect, and thus an ideal match.
Enemy (Jane)- La resents Jane for having Tarzan's love.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 9 (158)

-Jumping Jesus- The Legend of Tarzan was a solid piece of business (gotta love any show that uses TEDDY ROOSEVELT as a one-off ally/antagonist), but QUEEN LA was something special. Basically, imagine Storm as a sexy Femme Fatale enchantress who fought in a jungle girl bikini. Seriously- it's INSANE, and you can absolutely tell what the creators were thinking. Also, one episode had her switch minds with Jane, WHO THEN STARTED TO WEAR THE EVIL FUR BIKINI. The character actually is from the Tarzan novels.

-Queen La was banished from the Waziri tribe for using forbidden magic to turn herself immortal, and she instead formed the Kingdom of Opar, using a band of humanoid slaves transformed into leopard-men to serve her. She is cruel, power-hungry, selfish, vindictive and self-absorbed. Also she kidnaps men and murders them if they don't become her consort. I love her.

-Queen La is quite powerful for the setting (being a PL 8 WIZARD in a world of animals and strong guys), but gets the most out of her Leopard Men minions, who are... well, basic mooks, but numerous.

About the Performer: La was played by veteran actress Diahann Carroll, who was in her late sixties at the time. Carroll started as the first black woman with her own show in 1968- one of the only black actresses at the time not to play a domestic worker. She started in countless other black productions of the time (like Raisin in the Sun), and also started in Dynasty when that was huge.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:55 pm Image

JOHN CLAYTON
This is the one who got really hardened. Clayton, in the books, is an antagonist -- sort of -- in that he's Jane's fiancé and Tarzan is forced to choose between impoverishing the man (and thus also Jane) by taking his title or repudiating his discovered claim to the Greystoke title and lands. He chooses the latter. The next book fixes this by giving Clayton a convenient, climactic death so Tarzan and Jane can be together and plus be rich.

La is a recurring character from the books, pretty much an ersatz-Ayesha from H. Rider-Haggard.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Queen La

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:09 pm -Jumping Jesus- The Legend of Tarzan was a solid piece of business (gotta love any show that uses TEDDY ROOSEVELT as a one-off ally/antagonist), but QUEEN LA was something special. Basically, imagine Storm as a sexy Femme Fatale enchantress who fought in a jungle girl bikini. Seriously- it's INSANE, and you can absolutely tell what the creators were thinking. Also, one episode had her switch minds with Jane, WHO THEN STARTED TO WEAR THE EVIL FUR BIKINI. The character actually is from the Tarzan novels.

-Queen La was banished from the Waziri tribe for using forbidden magic to turn herself immortal, and she instead formed the Kingdom of Opar, using a band of humanoid slaves transformed into leopard-men to serve her. She is cruel, power-hungry, selfish, vindictive and self-absorbed. Also she kidnaps men and murders them if they don't become her consort. I love her.
Like I said the old Pulps were a wealth of entertainment, and since the audience included teenagers, young men and single men, some authors decided to mix a little . . . well, it was still the 1920s so they couldn't be too vulgar, but there was definitely a lot of authors that enjoyed describing the female figure, putting said figures in various stages of undress, and include everything from damsels in distress to kickass action heroines to very vile yet sexy villainesses. One of the old Conan novels had one villainess try and murder one action heroine. Said action heroine kicked the villain's ass, then stripped the villain naked, tied the villain up, and whipped said villain with a length of rope until the villain begged for mercy. And Howard clearly enjoyed every minute of writing it from the description.

So yeah, those old Pulps included quite a bit of fetish fuel, though usually of the cheesecake/good girl variety.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And that does it for the Disney Renaissance!!

... wow, that was actually like three weeks of work. And just for a single decade! We enter now into a diminished period for the studio, but one that still has some entertaining pictures.
Jabroniville

Dinosaur

Post by Jabroniville »

DINOSAUR (2000):
Written by:
Ralph Zondag, John Harrison & Robert Nelson Jacobs

This is one I've never seen, though it has the distinction of being the first CGI Disney film, and it now counts as part of the official Animated Canon (a largely-meaningless term, since they made OTHER theatrical films that don't count). I'll still give it a go, since I've done builds OF Dinosaurs anyways, and these won't differ too greatly. The film was initially going to be a Walking With Dinosaurs-esque thing with no dialogue (or even narration!), but Michael Eisner shot it down because a silent-ish film would be a hard sell, and so it's a bunch of dinosaurs chatting with each other like it's The Land Before Time and stuff (funnily enough, THAT movie wasn't supposed to have dialogue EITHER).

This contrasted with the attempts at photo-realistic animation, and can I just say that Iguanodons are a REALLY weird choice for the primary race of a Dinosaur-themed film? I mean, they haven't been used as poorly as the Hadrosaurs (the Washington Generals of the dinosaur world judging by every Walking With Dinosaurs ever), but even Parasaurolophus & Lambeosaurus look quite cool. "Long-Necks" may have been averted just to avoid Land Before Time comparisons, but a Ceratopsian or something may have been a cooler choice. Iguanodons are almost the most generic dinosaurs ever. Similarly, Carnotaurus was used to avoid the over-used "T-Rex is the Token Super-Predator" thing, but it was both used out of it's usual range and took up all the generic T-Rex tropes anyways.

This is one of the only movies of the Animated Canon I've never seen, so I can't give a good review.

Reception & Cultural Impact:
Overall, nobody really went NUTS over the film, though it doesn't seem like many hated it. It did JUST well enough to earn back it's cost domestically, and doubled that overseas, proving to be about as successful as much more well-remembered films like Mulan and Hunchback, oddly enough. Unfortunately for the film, despite its great animation, it was COMPLETELY forgotten in the intervening years because of the CRAPLOAD of CGI films that were released since then- it stands out a bit for being a more dramatic tale. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who even really remembers this.

The only real link the film has anymore is as an historical curiosity (the first time Disney itself attempted a fully-CGI film), and as the basis for the Dinosaur thrill ride in Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. There, they mirror the track from Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride, but throw dinosaurs into it. For me, it loses a lot of the appeal thanks to simply throwing you in a dark jungle- I was like "oh, this is it?", because rumbling around in a jeep isn't quite as fun when there's cliffs, bridges, poison darts and flaming idols all around you. You get a few "Dinosaur Sightings", and then a Carnotaurus attacks you, and you bail out of the room. its' the only real high point in the "Dino Land" part of that park (which was famously a "Half-Day Park" until they added Avatar-themed stuff and a night show). Honestly, I rode it once, was like "yeah, that's okay", and then did the rest of the things.
Jabroniville

Aladar

Post by Jabroniville »

ALADAR
Played by:
D.B. Sweeney
Role: The Hero, Raised-By-Wolves Guy (actually Lemurs. And he's a dinosaur, not a human)
PL 7 (75)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 9 (+8 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Inspire, Power Attack, Teamwork

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.
Responsibility (Mercy)- Aladar is a merciful creature who wants to help others.
Rivalry (Kron)- Contrary to Aladar's mercy, Kron is a Social Darwinist who won't help anybody, and dislikes the new herd member.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 11 (75)

-Aladar was stolen as an egg by a series of predators who were attacked by OTHER predators, all "food chain" style, and therefore raised by what passes for Lemurs in an ancient time. But then a meteorite damages his home, and he joins an Iguanodon herd with a leader who doesn't like him, and gets attacked by a group of Carnotaurus. His merciful nature and ability to use teamwork and common sense allows him to win over some bastardly predators.

-Aladar is basically a smarter version of an Iguanodon (animals don't really lose points for stupidity in films where they can talk and use their heads and stuff- movies treat them like they're actually regular people). He's not as good a fighter however, thanks to his more peaceful nature and the fact that he was raised in a land without major predators. You won't find many other 40-foot-long PL 7 creatures, that's for sure.

About the Performer: I have no idea who D.B. Sweeney is, but he apparently gets a fair bit of work, showing up in a couple of things a year. He does a lot of voice-over work and commercials, apparently. Nerds will probably best know him as the voice of the adult version of Aang in The Legend of Korra.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Carnotaurus

Post by Jabroniville »

CARNOTAURUS
Role:
Huge-Sized Theropod, Prehistoric Nightmare Fuel
PL 10 (101)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 15 (+15 Size)
Perception 6 (+7)
Stealth 8 (+1 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite) 3, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent & Extended Scent 3) [5]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
"Theropod Bite" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Penetrating 5) [7]

"Dino-Sized" Growth 7 (Str & Sta +7, +7 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -7 Stealth) -- (21 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [15]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach) [3]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Bite +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +11 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Dinosaurs cannot speak to humans, nor use their limbs to easily manipulate objects.
Weakness (Cold Climates)- The Age of Reptiles was a much hotter time period than our own. Creatures from that era will be more susceptible to Cold and Ice-based attacks.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 18 (101)

-Carnotaurus is a pretty cool theropod, though amongst the smallest ones in the "Heavyweight" class. It's best-known for it's distinctive horn-like structures on it's head, though they're not QUITE as bull-like as the name implies, however awesome that would be. They're 25 feet long and full of teeth, like any great theropod should be, and were even the main villain of one Dino-themed movie- Disney's "Dinosaur". The one with the Iguanodons. Curiously, Carnotaurus was basically just T-Rex with the serial numbers filed off- it was MUCH too big in that film (in reality, they'd be much smaller than Iguanodons were). And Carnotaurus in that basically acted like your everyday T-Rex wannabe, doing standard evil predator things like hunting the heroes and their moms and stuff. Carnotaurus is handy if you want to avoid the cliches- EVERYONE is going to expect a T-Rex, and Allosaurus is getting just as bad as the official "secondary" huge dino-predator out there.

-As the smallest of this class, Carnotaurus is 'only' PL 9, but still animal enough for most of the Hadrosaurs and Iguanodons out there. Iguanodon is PL 8, and Lambeosaurus is PL 9, but both are FAR below this guy in terms of Skills, Advantages and overall nastiness. They probably wouldn't want to mess with equal-PL characters, though. You can freely use the stats for this go on juvenile Allosaurs and other theropods- they're known to gather in groups, so family members may be smaller.

-Yeah, the movie's Carnotaurus is basically a big mute "Super-Obsessed Predator" who chases the herd all throughout the film. I dunno why the predators are all mute in films like this, but I guess it's to dehumanize them. And it's funny- they used a Carnotaurus because of it's cool horns and a want to avoid the "Everyone Uses the T-Rex" Stock Dinosaur thing in fiction... yet they made it HUGE like a T-Rex, instead of the ten-footer that existed in real life. So basically they just coulda used a T-Rex anyways. I used pretty much the stats for a Charcharodontosaurus (lightly lighter bite than a T-Rex), but downgraded to PL 10 because they're not THAT supremely better than the PL 6-8 Iguanodons.