Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (D’Vorah! Kotal Kahn! Freddy! Jason! Alien & Predator!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:15 am I dunno- I'll keep busy. Sometimes I wonder what I'd do if I just ran out of stuff to stat :)! I mean, it could happen! I guess I'd just re-post guys ever 5-6 years like I've been doing lately (mixed in with new stuff).
I could probably keep finding fighting games you haven't statted yet, but I imagine that'd get pretty tiresome, haha.

I also see you put Superior Soldiers on the list, heh. There's only 8 characters, so it wouldn't be a big set, and I should be able to grab all the characters's moves without much trouble.. Really, there's quite a lot of random obscure fighting games that have a small roster.
Jabroniville

Re: God of War

Post by Jabroniville »

statue345 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:22 am
KRATOS
Role:
Parody of What 13-Year-Old Boys Think Manliness Is About
PL 11 (173)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2
I can't really say anything about the mortal combat version of the character, but this one seems a little low in regards to Strength and Stamina. Kratos regularly overpowers giant monsters and survives things the would kill a normal man.
I've never played a God of War game in my life, so I couldn't really say- I just wanted a PL 11 guy with all the weapons built-in so PL 12-ish Bosses would still be a challenge.
Jabroniville

Exiles

Post by Jabroniville »

EXILES:

-I was a major fan of this comic while it was out (well... when it was good, anyways), and always MEANT to do builds of it, but for some reason I'd always delayed, and didn't get them done until three years into M&M's 3rd Edition, back in March 2014. Maybe it's because Blink struck me as a tough build to pull off, or the fact that I didn't really feel like re-reading the entire series (I mean, I was behind on my comic reading ALREADY). But I figured what the hey- I still remembered it well enough, and the characters were interesting for their time.

Exiles is basically directly inspired by both the TV show Sliders, and The Age of Apocalypse, an "Alternate Timeline" story in Marvel that involved a world in which Charles Xavier was murdered at a young age, and Apocalypse had taken over North America as a result. This story featured a TON of costume redesigns by hot artist Joe Madureira, and was enormously popular for a very dark period in comic history (especially in terms of sales). AoA's use of deceased character Blink and villain Sabretooth as major heroic characters excited a lot of fans, and years later, Marvel FINALLY took fan demand for Blink's return seriously, and made her the central character of a brand-new series.

Thankfully, this was no mere attempt at capitalizing on a Doom Patrol Fandom for one character- by putting a TEAM around her, Marvel successfully made a good series instead of a sure-to-fail solo book. The Exiles were basically a bunch of Alternate Universe-drawn Marvel heroes (related to the X-Books, mostly... pretty much entirely, actually), set up by a mysterious Timebroker to "Slide" (like Sliders, basically) into Alternate Realities and then "fix" something that went wrong. Blink led the team, and her teammates included the daughter of Nightcrawler (from another Alternate Future idea that excited readers), the son of Magneto, a heroic Mimic, an AoA-like Morph, and various other characters. The recurring cast gave the book a heart, and the overall concept gave it a wide-open universe with endless possibilities. Being a more minor book with "unknown" or alternate characters meant they could also KILL people, giving the book an edge most Mainstream books lack entirely.

The book was written by Judd Winick at first (you can tell because it added a gay character when lots of books weren't doing that) and drawn by Mike McKone (I can always tell it's him because men's mouths always look funny- he sorta fixed this by Avengers Academy), but other creative staff soon took over. Jim Calafiore basically took over the regular art chores, but I wasn't too big a fan- this and his Secret Six stuff is full of really harshly-shaded, boxy-looking people with no pupils and angry-faces all the time. BUT, that said, he's probably every writer & company's dream- the dude NEVER missed an issue, meaning he was probably fast as hell (just as big an advantage to an artist as overall skill). Winick later dropped out, being replaced by both Chuck Austen (doing an... oddly okay job, given that it's CHUCK AUSTEN, one of the worst bastards ever to crap on the medium) and Tony Bedard (who wrote almost half the overall issues).

The Initial Cast:
Blink- A teleporting pink-skinned girl, drawn from Generation-X, who used her as an "Early Installment Fatality/Sacrificial Buddy", who died saving the team right away. Age of Apocalypse made her a highly-requested star. She ends up the team leader, reading the "Tallus", which both Teleports the team to new Universes, and gives them their missions.
Morph- Shapeshifter and comic relief. Generally can't be serious, which of course makes him the heart of the team.
Mimic- Calvin Rankin, with lowered powers and a classically-heroic sensibility.
Nocturne- Nightcrawler & The Scarlet Witch's daughter, with the ability to Possess others (rarely seen).
Thunderbird- John Proudstar, not dead but horribly-mutated by Apocalypse into a Super-Powerhouse that can go out of control.
Magnus- The son of Rogue & Magneto, and our very own Sacrificial Buddy.
Sunfire- Mariko Yashida, now a teenage lesbian with Sunfire's powers.

They are also challenged by "Weapon X", a squad under the same mission the Exiles are, but are generally more "hardcore", and get the missions that involve killing and stuff. They end up being led by the AoA Sabretooth (the mentor/father-figure of Blink), and feature more generic versions of nasty mutants, like Wolverine, Kane, Deadpool, Maverick, Mesmero and others. They frequently swap out members, and eventually include a Symbiote-powered psychopathic Peter Parker.

The Story of the Exiles:
-I actually don't have the first trade that introduces everybody and offs Magnus, but I've got most of the others, up to a point. A great one is when the team ends up on a Skrull-controlled Earth (which they'd taken over in the late 1800s), and plan to free it... when Galactus suddenly shows up. They end up having to lead an army of Super-Humans who've been forced into gladatorial combat for their entire lives (Spider-Man, Hulk, Thing and pretty much all the classic guys) against Galactus & Terrax, fighting them off with raw numbers. There's a FANTASTIC moment where Winick builds up how these guys have never known freedom in their entire lives, finally got out of captivity, "... and they see THIS idiot standing in front of them"- at which point every hero on Earth screams out with an "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" and annihilates Terrax in seconds. This mission leaves Thunderbird comatose, and he's replaced by Sasquatch (a black version Doctor Heather Hudson).

Other missions include a world dominated by Namor, an Earth crushed under the Phalanx, in which Sunfire falls in love with a lesbian version of Mary-Jane, who has Spider-Man's powers; their relationship is both cute and tragic- Mariko is TWICE forced to "slide" away from her. There's another where an evil Mimic dominates as the top villain with his Brotherhood, and demands to know secret to why our HEROIC Mimic didn't turn out as awful. Thinking that Mimic was just born lucky, and had an easier life, he digs through Mimic's entire life story... finding that every bit of it is exactly the same: the rough start, the life of crime, etc. The only difference? When Charles Xavier offered his help, our Mimic joined him. The villainous one spit in his face. Realizing that his entire dark life was entirely his own fault, he turns it around and eventually becomes known as a great hero in his own right.

Blink eventually leaves (and is replaced by an amoral Magik), and Nocturne switches places with Beak (back when he was a major character), leaving her in the Mainstream Marvel Universe. Blink soon returns, saving the Earth from Ego (who basically "birthed" a new sentient planet in the Earth, who fights against daddy alongside some Celestials), and the team has to square off against the evil, lethal Hyperion, who slaughters various Earth's heroes wholesale and tries to set himself up as a God on every Earth he finds himself on. This is sort of the big arc of the whole story, as he wipes out a chunk of heroic characters (including some of the team), finally stopped by Beak (who was generally useless in a fight, but fairly clever).

The Series Falters:
Next, they end up fighting the body-hopping Proteus, and this is about when I dropped off the series. They kinda kept certain things going a bit too long, the writing had gotten weaker, they revealed The Timebroker to be a bunch of space bugs (a "WTF" moment to top all "WTF" moments- they had the biggest mystery in the series and THAT was the best they could come up with?!?) and they'd pulled an Oz by killing off too many interesting characters and replacing them with weaker ones (in the end, only Blink & Morph remained of the original cast, and the newbies were useless and boring by contrast). Moving into the boring-as-hell New Universe world didn't help, and neither did the fact that the first collection I didn't get was like FIFTY DOLLARS or something ridiculous- I basically refused to buy it on principle, and never picked up another issue.

The series ended up dying a horrible, slow death, as Chris Claremont got a hold of it, and replaced everybody with his favourite female characters, then went on another "Cross-Time Caper" like his Excalibur run, featuring Saturnyne, the Captain Britain Corps, and others. He had LONG since delved right into self-parody about this, but plopping Shadowcat, Psylocke (the actual, 616 version), Rogue AND MOTHERF*CKING SAGE into the book just to get his jollies off about his favourite Pet Characters on a book that was at the time totally different from anything else in comics was just WAY too much for fans to take. Sales dropped and the book was cancelled- Claremont killed off "Cat" (their Kitty Pryde) and had Rogue marry a Saurian on a world dominated by HYDRA, then hooked up Sabretooth with Psylocke. The team at the end of the book is Sabretooth, Psylocke, Sage, Morph, Valeria Richards and Mystiq (a variant of Mystique).

New Exiles (Failed Reboot):
-Jeff Parker and Salvador Espin created a second series in 2009, but it only lasted from April to October- a truly pathetic run. Alternate versions of The Witch, Beast, Forge, Polaris & The Panther are picked up and join Blink, who pretends to be new to this. Their Witch is killed and replaced with an alternate Scarlet Witch in secret, and Blink soon reveals that she intended to teach the team and give them some experience, and then fake her death and find her own replacement, thus allowing the Exiles to continue on their mission without her. In the final issue, the team (who had been snatched from their "moment of death" to be kinder and less disruptive) decides to remain together, while Blink trains new teams. Nocturne and Morph are also seen with this squad, while all the other previous Exiles are revealed to have been stuck inside the Panoptichron for some reason.

Following this book's failure, the mainstream Psylocke was returned to her homeworld. AoA Sabretooth was killed sacrificing himself to stop some X-Terminators from killing his home's X-Men. Sage joined Dazzler's own multiverse-spanning team with much the same role as the Exiles. Spider-Man 2099 ended up in the "Spider-Verse" event and getting a new lease on life.

Another Failed Reboot:
-2017 saw a new attempt at an Exiles book, but this one failed spectacularly, not even lasting ten issues before it was cancelled. This team was formed by Nick Fury, and featured Blink, Kamala Khan, Iron Lad, Wolvie & Valkyrie. Morph was also featured.

The Rest of the Cast:
Sabretooth- The AoA version, who basically has a Wolverine-like personality, right down to the attachment to young girls.
Sasquatch- Heather Hudson, a black doctor.
Magik- A nasty, amoral Sword-wielder with no demonic link.
Beak- Well, I already statted him. He's the one guy smart enough to realize that when you have access to alternate universes, you should fight an unstoppable Hyperion with OTHER, GOOD HYPERIONS.
Namora- A blue-skinned Atlantean chick version of Namor, with the same imperious personality. Basically a fanservice/Powerhouse character.
Holocaust- The evil son of Apocalypse. Basically the same as the regular comics version, I think.
Power Princess- Already statted her, naturally. The Squadron Supreme character became the new Powerhouse of the team.
Spider-Man 2099- Because they weren't using any of those guys, so why not?
Psylocke- The mainstream version, and Claremont's pet. Later hooks up with Sabretooth.
Sage- Claremont's favorite Pet Character from X-Treme X-Men, also joining the team.
Cat- An alternate Kitty Pryde.
Longshot- I think the mainstream version. He's only there for a little bit, because Claremont adores him.

There's a TON of alternating people who joined the team after this, but I wasn't reading then and so I'm going to assume they all either sucked or were just like their Earth-616 counterparts (in a few cases, like in Claremont's favourites, they WERE the same characters).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I had no idea Blink was black....I mean I know she's pink/purple...but you know what I mean
statue345

Post by statue345 »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:48 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:22 am
KRATOS
Role:
Parody of What 13-Year-Old Boys Think Manliness Is About
PL 11 (173)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2
I can't really say anything about the mortal combat version of the character, but this one seems a little low in regards to Strength and Stamina. Kratos regularly overpowers giant monsters and survives things the would kill a normal man.
I've never played a God of War game in my life, so I couldn't really say- I just wanted a PL 11 guy with all the weapons built-in so PL 12-ish Bosses would still be a challenge.
That makes sense, sorry if I came off as rude when I said that.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 pm I had no idea Blink was black....I mean I know she's pink/purple...but you know what I mean
She was always said to be from the Bahamas but she was never drawn with black features, her family (or ancestry) are members of the Clan Akkaba in Britain and therefore she's a distant cousin to Chamber (though I don't know if they know this)
Only in the recent Exiles series (which was terrible) has she been drawn with 'black' features and afro hair (which is weird given that many people know her from the X-Men movies and the Gifted TV show where she's randomly Asian)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

statue345 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Nah, I didn’t read it that way- don’t worry about it. I could absolutely be wrong with his levels. Does he do any lifting or anything on the games?
statue345

Post by statue345 »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 am
statue345 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:08 pm
Nah, I didn’t read it that way- don’t worry about it. I could absolutely be wrong with his levels. Does he do any lifting or anything on the games?
A lot of the puzzles in the game involve moving stone blocks or pillars that would have to weigh several tons, and most of his boss fights involve him lifting, pushing and otherwise overpowering monsters that are much larger then him. Probably most ridiculously, he manages to tank a blow from Cronus and then overpower the strength of his entire arm, despite the fact that Kratos pretty much the size of an ant compared to him.

I honestly think a game accurate Kratos would be a top tier villain in either Marvel or DC.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I should also point out another thing about this series...

THE FIRST LAW OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSES AND FUTURE TIMELINES: Everyone Is Significantly-Vulnerable To Instantaneous Death.

-Every time Marvel tries an alternate timeline or universe, people in it are 100 times more vulnerable than they were in the mainstream universe. I don't think a single named mutant has EVER been killed by a Sentinel in Marvel's history, yet in dozens of alternate futures, they've killed every hero on Earth, including guys like Thor and The Hulk. Major superheroes like Spider-Man and Cyclops are prone to getting one-shotted by a nemesis (remember Kulan Gath's "Magic-Ruled Earth" in that X-Men storyline? Spidey was at the CENTER of it... then casually fried by Gath's power. The Age of Apocalypse saw dozens of named-mutants being killed with shocking ease.

And so it is with Exiles that people are exceptionally-easy to kill. Major characters can be asphyxiated, blown up, etc. Colossus can punch straight through Luke Cage's chest with a single shot, and then get the same from Iron Fist. Dozens of guys can be wiped out by a Cosmic Being when they would've probably survived or dodged it in a regular Marvel book. It just happens. I dunno how you'd stat up something like this (maybe assume that all attacks use the "Lethal Damage" alternate rules?), as it's more of a genre convention (it's more dramatic when people die- so people will always die!), but there it is.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Lol- check out the Weasel Wording on the Wikipedia e tries for some of these Tekken characters:
Reception for Lucky Chloe has been mixed, with some criticizing her for an "uninspired and generic" design, while other have defended her by claiming that Tekken has had a number of more "ridiculous" characters than her.
I thought they tried to stamp out this kind of “this is my argument” wording years ago :).
Jabroniville

Blink (AoA)

Post by Jabroniville »

BLINK (Clarice Ferguson)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Joe Madureira
First Appearance: X-Men: Alpha #1 (Feb. 1995)
Role: Everybody's Red Guardian Character, Teleporter
Group Affiliations: The X-Men, The Exiles
PL 10 (194)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Deception 2 (+5)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Javelins) 3 (+12)
Stealth 3 (+9)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Javelins), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Teleportation"

Teleport 10 (Feats: Changed Direction & Velocity) (Extras: Extended, Portal +2, Easy, Accurate) (62) -- [66]
  • AE: "Piece-Removing Javelins" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating) (Diminished Range -1) (24)
  • AE: "Javelins" Teleport 8 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Ranged, Accurate, Attack +0) (Diminished Range -1) (32)
  • AE: "Teleport Out Of Phase" Affliction 8 (Feats: Split) (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (Diminished Range -1) (24)
  • AE: "Displace Objects & Attacks" Deflect 12 (Extras: Redirection +2) (36)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Piece-Removing Javelins +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Teleporting Javelins +12 (+8 Ranged Teleport, DC 18)
Phasing Javelins +12 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+5 Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Quirk (Blinking Teleports)- Blink's powers are accompanied by a trademark "Blink!" noise. This is more of a quirk than anything, but it could ruin attempts at Stealth.
Relationship (Sabretooth)- Victor Creed saved Clarice when she was a young girl in Apocalypse's Slave Pits (where she was regularly abused by Sugar Man). She views him as a father-figure, and is desperately loyal to him.
Relationship (Mimic)- Clarice soon falls in love with her Exiles teammate Mimic, and the two are inseparable for a while.
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Clarice has lilac skin and inhuman eyes, marking her as a mutant.
Motivation (Fixing Broken Realities)- Blink leads the team on their mission of righting what has gone wrong in the various realities.
Power Loss (Teleportation)- Blink's Javelins will not Teleport certain irradiated creatures or objects, such as The Incredible Hulk.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 16 (194)

Blink- Popular Side Character:
-Blink has an interesting history- debuting as a random Sacrificial Buddy character for the start of Generation-X, she sacrificed herself in order to save her teammates from The Phalanx (Warlock & Magus' race turned into Borg knock-offs). This made her seem delightful and charming, and fans kind of had a "what could have been" thing with the lil' pink teleporter girl.

-In Age of Apocalypse, she was brilliantly thrown out as a bad-ass chick trained by Sabretooth, with a cool look (Joe Madureira gave her a baggy, skin-baring green costume and some Elf-like traits, as he's a big Fantasy fan), and this made her an instantly-popular character. I remember reading as many letters begging for Blink to make a comeback as there were for the return of MAGIK, which was a very impressive feat for someone with such a short run. Marvel would basically leave fans hanging for SIX YEARS, however, only showcasing her in Exiles in 2001! Similarly, Marvel waited until fans had basically stopped caring to resurrect Illyana Rasputin.

Blink- Exile:
-As the central figure in Exiles, Blink was pretty cool, and retained her unique AoA-Powers, using Teleportation more as a weapon than as a plot convenience (a Claremont trademark- he looooooooooves world-hopping heroes). She was the team's leader, and stuck with them throughout (save for a period in which she was sent away and Magik took her place) along with Morph, forming the central "Core" of the cast. She had a LOT of bad-ass moments, like taking the "Vi-Lock Virus" and nearly turning techno-organic, defeating EGO via teleporting a nuclear bomb into his brain-like core, and even taking out King Hyperion by teleporting his Eye Beams right into his own spine. When Mimic was killed by Proteus, she mourned heavily (and her relationship with her mentor "Mr. Creed" was damaged as well, to the point where she started calling him by his FIRST name), but still kept on as the leader. She even stuck around for the "New" Exiles team, attempting to train a new legion of people in fixing broken realities.

-The MAINSTREAM universe even got their own Blink back, as Clarice was resurrected by Selene for Blackest Ni--- I mean, Necrosha, killed some people, but then got un-brainwashed and joined Dani Moonstar's new New Mutants squad. However, she soon became a minor side-thing, which makes the AoA/Exiles Blink one of the very few examples in comics where an ALTERNATE version of a character is far more respected, long-running and well-defined that the original.

Blink's Stats:
-Blink is a very unique character, essentially being an accurate, agile Blaster who can also Teleport as an attack- she's pricey too, thanks to the expensiveness of Teleport at its core. She can Stun, Blast, Redirect attacks (she even beats HYPERION this way, creating a portal behind him and Blinking his own Heat Vision right into his spinal cord), and generally mess up the bad guys' day in NUMEROUS ways, in addition to being extremely hard to get a bead on in combat. For weirder Teleport-based stuff, just use Hero Points as one-offs.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I didn't really know Blink until the Days of Future Past movie, where I found her powers to be super-cool. She is now my favorite character on The Gifted.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Weird how Blink was incredibly popular among X-fans for a fairly decent number of years, before utterly ignoring her finally killed off the character's heat. And yeah-Magik (who ALSO got an Exiles revival) got reverted to childhood, killed off, replaced TWICE (first by super-obscure Amanda Sefton and then by Pixie), turned outright evil...wow, Marvel managed to wreck the popularity of a LOT of non-Wolverine X-men (Gambit, Havok, Rogue, Storm...)

And yeah, his Exiles run was probably Chuck Austen's best work. Or, like his ONLY decent work at all.

All my best.
Last edited by greycrusader on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I really liked the reasoning of why Blink was chosen to lead the Exiles, over more experienced heroes like Mimic (who had actually lead the X-Men). Every other member of the Exiles came from a "standard" alternate Marvel Earth, where the differences from the mainstream Earth were relatively minor. In each of their realities, for instance, Charles Xavier was a good man (something the writers of the MAIN Marvel books forgot at some point) and someone worthy of trust and respect. But the first reality the Exiles get sent to has Prof.X as an unrepentant supervillain. Likewise, each of the Exiles new Jean Grey as "Aunt Jean" or as a love interest. They would have all died to protect Jean, but their SECOND mission had them be forced to help put Jean down.

Naturally, everyone on the team struggled with coming to the decision to kill both Professor X and Jean. Everyone but Blink, because her reality was so far removed from the standard Marvel Universe that people like Prof. X and Jean really meant nothing to her. She was one of the few people who could be counted on to be objective about pretty much everyone except for Sabertooth (and then later Mimic). So she HAD to be the leader, because she was the only one who could initially accept the idea of "this is not the same person we know and love".

Granted, that also had some serious downsides, as when the Hulk showed up, she had no idea who he was, or why everyone else around her was freaking out. Mimic eventually had to start teaching her about what was "normal" for these universes so she could make informed, but still detached, command decisions.

One thing I could never figure out about Blink was how those spears of her worked. The idea of someone being able to literally weaponize teleporting like that was interesting but . . . . I mean, what were they? Like, where they objects made of condensed "Teleport energy" that she could make a limited number of? Where they some common material like glass or metal that she could 'charge' with her power so that she could use it at range? What?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:58 am One thing I could never figure out about Blink was how those spears of her worked. The idea of someone being able to literally weaponize teleporting like that was interesting but . . . . I mean, what were they? Like, where they objects made of condensed "Teleport energy" that she could make a limited number of? Where they some common material like glass or metal that she could 'charge' with her power so that she could use it at range? What?
I always imagined it as she was throwing actual portals that just happened to be shaped like spears. Whatever they hit got little chunks of themselves teleported elsewhere.

Of course, they were never shown to work like that but it sounds cool.