Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab’s Builds (King Hyperion! Morph! Kim Possible! Ron Stoppable!)

Post by Ken »

Secondary on-line sources give Wade the last name of "Load". Apparently this was in the series' bible, but never made it to screen.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Jim & Tim

Post by Jabroniville »

Ron: *casual remark about them inventing some kind of freaky twin language*
(immediate cut to the Possible family home)
Jim: "Hicca-bicca-boo?"
Tim: "HOO-SHAH!!"

THE TWEEBS (Jim & Tim Possible)
Played By:
Shawn Fleming (seasons 1-3), Spencer Fox (season 4)
Role: Annoying Kid Brothers
PL 0 (22), PL 1 (22) Skills & Defenses
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -2 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+2)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+10)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Advanced Computer Set-Up), Inventor

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -2, Fortitude +0, Will +2

Complications:
Relationship (The Possible Family)- Kim finds the "Tweebs" exceptionally annoying and invasive of her privacy, while their parents accept them with good grace.
Accident- The boys' inventions frequently explode.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (22)

-Another humanizing element of Kim Possible was that Kim had to deal with her annoying little brothers all the time. Calling them the "Tweebs" (twins plus dweebs), Kim frequently has them play pranks on her. Pranks that are exacerbated by the fact that both boys are technical geniuses. The highlight of their run on the show is the above quote, which was done with such casual grace that my friends and I quoted it for YEARS (one friend still casually goes "hicca-bicca-boo?"). It became their signature, and they'd just start using "Hoo-Shah!" as a catchphrase from then on (the way Ron would shout "Boo-yah!"). Their second voice actor was also the voice for Dash in the first Incredibles movie- the perils of using child actors for voice acting means that you occasionally have to swap out the males.

-The Tweebs are as smart as Wade is, and have come in handy more than once. Peculiarly, they occupy the same general "niche", being able to invent things that save the day periodically. However, they are far less mature than Wade is.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
squirrelly-sama

Re: Ron Stoppable

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 pm ImageImageImageImage

RON STOPPABLE
Played By:
Will Friedle
Role: Butt-Monkey, Clumsy Buffoon, Sidekick
PL 6 (90)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 7 (+8)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 8 (+8)
Expertise (School Mascot) 6 (+6)
Expertise (Cooking) 10 (+10)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 8 (+8)
Insight 2 (+2)
Investigation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Equipment 1 (Grappling Hook), Improved Defense, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Taunt, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"The Ron Factor"
Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Penetrating) (Flaws: Limited to Objects, Uncontrolled) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
The Ron Factor +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Kim Possible)- The two were platonic best friends for years, with Ron always being close to Kim, but being bedraggled by her insistence on always going to extremes to succeed. However, as the years went by, he realized just how much she meant to him- the two finally hooked up romantically in So The Drama.
Relationship (Zita)- Ron had a crush on Zita, and even dated her for an episode or two.
Relationship (Yori)- Ron had a crush on his ninja classmate Yori, but was unaware that she shared his feelings.
Relationship (Parents)- Ron appears to respect and care for his parents, and even thought about becoming an actuary, like his father.
Relationship (Rufus)- Ron adores his pet Rufus, though is sometimes annoyed by how snarky he is.
---
Addiction (Nachos & Stuff)- Ron even creates Bueno Nacho's "Naco"- a combination nacho & burrito.
Accident (Clumsy)- Ron is actually quite athletic and acrobatic, but is prone to accidents, such as tripping over things, setting off alarms, or even tearing his own pants off using a grappling hook.
Reputation (Dork)- Ron is picked on by the kids at school, disregarded romantically by most girls his age, derided by his teacher Mr. Barkin ("The ideal man is big, and/or strong; you are neither"), and most of the villains laugh off his involvement.
Reputation (Lazy)- Even his friends acknowledge that Ron puts zero effort into things he doesn't care about or finds boring, such as homework.
Phobia (Camp Wannaweep)- Ron still has nightmares about his dreaded camp experience.
Phobia (Monkeys)- Though, to be fair, he IS frequently attacked by monkey ninjas.
Phobia (Other Things)- Ron possesses great fears of insects, spiders, mechanical horses, garden gnomes and ghosts.
---
Enemy (Dr. Drakken)- Drakken is Kim's biggest recurring nemesis, and can never remember Ron's name.
Enemy (Gill)- Gill was mutated in the very camp that Ron so despised, and still resents Ron.
Enemy (Other Villains)- Kim's Rogues Gallery also generally hates that kid whose name they can't always remember properly.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 15 (89)

-Much of Kim Possible's humor came from Ron Stoppable, played by Will Friedle, most famous for Boy Meets World (nerds most recognize him as Terry McGinnis on Batman Beyond). While Kim is multi-talented, athletic and cool, Ron is a clumsy doofus, prone to sight gags and being humiliated. A running gag is how little he's thought of by almost everyone but Kim- her father is enraged at the thought of Kimmie with boys, but "It's just Ron" gets a pass from him. Mr. Barkin openly disrespects him in front of the other students, thinking him a weakling. Dr. Drakken can't even remember his NAME! It's a terrific running gag, and is played up endlessly.

-Ron is usually this form of comic relief, commiserating with Kim over missions, typically at the Bueno Nacho, making remarks or cluelessly missing the point about things. Kim, to her credit, still adores him and keeps him around, defending him from others. While she's frequently annoyed by his trend-hopping, laziness (he puts all of a class project on her), inability to take anything seriously, and bouts of delusion or inanity (his fear of Camp Wannaweep), she's also legitimately shattered when she thinks he might be missing or hurt in some episodes. Ron, in turn, needles her about always taking on too much, or her inability to have fun and relax like he can. He's also a fountain of catcphrases, going on about his "Naco" (a burrito/nacho fusion), shouting "Boo-Yah!", and drooling over "Snackage".

-His inability to do anything is paid off again and again by his moments of awesomeness- in fact, much of the show's character growth is actually from RON, since Kim is already so good at things. In So The Drama, Drakken's plot to destroy Kim mentally and physically nearly works... but Ron, who's been suspicious of this kid Kim's been crushing on from the start, actually succeeds, saving the day. And when Drakken's plan goes to shit and everything's collapsing around him, Ron stands tall and demands, "WHAT'S my NAME?". And Drakken, whose inability to remember the slightest aspect of the sidekick's name for sixty-five episodes in a row, collapses in a heap and shouts "RON... STOPPABLE!". "BOO-yah" indeed.

-Ron can be a tricky character to stat, in that he's a clumsy dope who doesn't seem to be good at anything... but is still a remarkably good fighter who can deftly avoid certain things. Even the KP Wiki site acknowledges how inconsistent he appears to be on this front. It's weird to see him bullied by bigger kids at Middleton High when you watch another episode, and he acrobatically dodges the attacks of a mind-controlled Kim & Shego WHILE HANDCUFFED (even my brother- who'd never seen the show in his life- was like "Holy shit, that's AWESOME!" at the feat). As he says it, "Not dumb luck, Kim; dumb SKILLS". He's shown to be very cowardly, with a host of phobias, but nonetheless enjoys adventuring, and fights on despite his fears- the mark of one truly brave. Ultimately, I stuck him with stats two PLs below Kim's- enough that even Henchmen are quite dangerous (particularly if John Hench actually trained them).

-Ron's only truly consistent skill is his culinary ability. His brief taking over of the Home Economics class led to the school's cafeteria becoming a world class restaurant almost overnight, to the point where even MR. BARKIN was impressed.

-Ron, in the Series Finale, finally attains the Mystical Monkey Power, defeating the gigantic Warhok & Warmonga with a combination of Super-Strength, Flight and Telekinesis at high enough levels to kill the both by throwing them for a mile.

RUFUS
Played By:
Nancy Cartwight
Role: Animal Assist, Franchise Mascot
PL 2 (37)
STRENGTH
-5 STAMINA -4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+5)
Close Combat (Bite) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 4 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack 5

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Fun Size" Shrinking 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) -- (6 inches) [25]
(-3 Strength, +6 Defenses, +12 Stealth, -6 Intimidation, -1 Speed)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (-5 Damage, DC 10)
Bite +7 (-3 Damage, DC 12)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness -4, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Mole Rats cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects. Though Rufus is actually pretty good at it.
Weakness (Small Size)- At their natural size, Mole Rats are vulnerable to large creatures- even without good accuracy. Anything of Size Rank -2 or more (human size and up) using a melee attack on a Rat effectively strike with Burst Area Damage at their strength rank naturally.
Reputation (Disgusting)- Rufus's rodent appearance and hairless nature make him a target for scorn and disgust.

Total: Abilities: -16 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 7 (37)

-Rufus is our Franchise Mascot, and Ron's best buddy and pet. That he's a Naked Mole-Rat is part of the gag- he looks cutesy in the show (and is voiced by Bart Simpson herself with a squeaky, "Vaguely Speaking Words" style), yet is based off of a COMPLETELY DISGUSTING form of rodent. Naturally, Rufus is smart, capable, diurnal, not blind, and ultra-agile in Kim Possible, and can follow instructions like pushing buttons or biting at just the right time. He can even program a VCR or clear out a paper jam!

-Mole-Rats, naturally, make poor pets- they require large social colonies, must maintain a certain level of temperature and humidity, are nearly always tunnelling, and cannot be exposed to daylight.

Ron was always a great character, he could be grating at times with some of his antics but most of the time he was among the best parts of an episode. I do have to say I'm a bit surprised he wasn't given some unreliable kung-fu powers or ranks of luck (that he uses on KP). I'd also say he needs more Presence, for all he's played off as a doofus at school he's actually rather charismatic and successful elsewhere, his genre Savvy nature letting him see through certain things rather quickly, or several times managing to bluff or charm his way through some really impressive feats (my favorite being when he's selling cookies and repeats, word for word the sales pitch Barken used on a little old lady on a big burley guy and convinced him to buy 3 cases.

Other Ron feats: Inventing the Naco, seducing ninja girls, making a popular rap song, and is apparently part of several different prophecies from monkey kung fu to alien war god.

It seems like Ron and Kim seem to be inversions of the other when it comes to skill, as where ever Kim seems to inexplicably fail despite her abilities making it unlikely Ron excels (as despite his normal clumsiness Ron can juggle eggs while cooking while kim get's her but kicked by the blender).

somewhat unrelated, but while looking through some episodes during writing this post I saw this little gem of a freeze frame from the movie.
Just moments before the giant robot could crush them it reverts back into a toy that the child picks up and hugs leading her mother to make that "are you kidding me?" face.
Jabroniville

Re: Ron Stoppable

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh man, in-depth build questions! Haven't had those in a while- it's a real throwback! I love it :)!
squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:20 am Ron was always a great character, he could be grating at times with some of his antics but most of the time he was among the best parts of an episode.
Yeah, one of the DVDs I have features him getting paired up with Monique (who "maintains Kim-level grade-age") for a science project, and he announces RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING that he intends to do absolutely zero work, forcing Monique to do it all. And when she protests, he just bluntly points out that SHE cares about her grades, while HE does not, and so he can get away with it. I'm like "... the hell?". A remarkably shitty attitude to feature in a protagonist. Thankfully they don't really go to that level with him anywhere else- most of the time he's just an obsessive butt-monkey.
I do have to say I'm a bit surprised he wasn't given some unreliable kung-fu powers or ranks of luck (that he uses on KP). I'd also say he needs more Presence, for all he's played off as a doofus at school he's actually rather charismatic and successful elsewhere, his genre Savvy nature letting him see through certain things rather quickly, or several times managing to bluff or charm his way through some really impressive feats (my favorite being when he's selling cookies and repeats, word for word the sales pitch Barken used on a little old lady on a big burley guy and convinced him to buy 3 cases.
This is the tricky thing with any kind of a build for Ron, or characters like him (typically, people like him are Archie Comics characters, or people from The Simpsons), is that inconsistency. I mean, like I pointed out, even the WIKIA page for the guy is like "yeah, it's not really clear just HOW good he is at anything". One minute he'll be fighting off two elite mind-controlled warriors, and yet he's unable to use a grappling hook properly in ANY EPISODE. I tended up giving him a boatload of Complications, which would allow for enough Hero Points to utilize such rare bouts of "Dumb SKILL".

Luck/Luck Control: I typically eschew such esoteric build qualities for more "grounded" characters- I wrote in his Archie-like "Area Damage" effect at the last minute (literally right before posting) on the suggestion of a few people her for Luck-based stuff, though. To me, Ron wouldn't have Luck, because he bouts of skill are often several EPISODES apart- Luck is allowed once per session.

To me, Ron is a bit like Sokka on Avatar- he's good to have around because he's ROLEPLAYED well, not because he actually acts as a truly great fighter. Ron can knock area scenery onto people, or provide an excellent distraction. Losing him as a partner affects Kim's success because of these factors- even in the episode which introduces "The Ron Factor" as a possibility, they eventually discard it because it can't be quantified, nor is it effective elsewhere.

Presence is... tricky. EASILY the most difficult stat to quantify. Ron is generally, USUALLY bad with people. Bullied at school, disregarded by others, and disrespected by villains. People usually find him annoying... except when it would be funny to have them NOT do so. Again, it's inconsistent.
somewhat unrelated, but while looking through some episodes during writing this post I saw this little gem of a freeze frame from the movie.
Just moments before the giant robot could crush them it reverts back into a toy that the child picks up and hugs leading her mother to make that "are you kidding me?" face.
LOL, I noticed the same scene while watching So the Drama- they were so good at introducing funny looks here and there.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

The luck wouldn't be something he uses, rather it'd be using HPs on others or giving HPs to others, to give it to Kim. Every so often he does something in the B-plot that helps Kim out later, like some bit of advice or lesson she's supposed to learn getting recalled and helping inspire her, or his current bumblings screws something up for the villains for KP to take advantage of. It's canon, by being explicitly pointed out and proven, in the first movie A Sitch In Time, that despite how competent Kim is she'd actually have never made it as a hero without Ron around. I'd also say Rufus probably needs a special feature or advantage to get a bonus to sabotage tech, I recall several times where he plays an important part in an episode by cutting a wire or ripping some part of a device out.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Think this video is all you need to know about Ron Stoppable :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am The luck wouldn't be something he uses, rather it'd be using HPs on others or giving HPs to others, to give it to Kim. Every so often he does something in the B-plot that helps Kim out later, like some bit of advice or lesson she's supposed to learn getting recalled and helping inspire her, or his current bumblings screws something up for the villains for KP to take advantage of. It's canon, by being explicitly pointed out and proven, in the first movie A Sitch In Time, that despite how competent Kim is she'd actually have never made it as a hero without Ron around. I'd also say Rufus probably needs a special feature or advantage to get a bonus to sabotage tech, I recall several times where he plays an important part in an episode by cutting a wire or ripping some part of a device out.
Yeah, that's the Luck Control thing- one of its effects is to bestow HP upon others. I'll re-watch A Sitch in Time tonight and see :).

I gave Rufus +2 to Technology to explain his "crawl into the security system and tear parts out of it" stunts. He's MUCH smarter than your typical rodent.

Also, I boosted KP's Persuasion to +10. Shamefully, I completely forgot about the "Puppy Dog Pout" effect :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:33 am
squirrelly-sama wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:29 am The luck wouldn't be something he uses, rather it'd be using HPs on others or giving HPs to others, to give it to Kim. Every so often he does something in the B-plot that helps Kim out later, like some bit of advice or lesson she's supposed to learn getting recalled and helping inspire her, or his current bumblings screws something up for the villains for KP to take advantage of. It's canon, by being explicitly pointed out and proven, in the first movie A Sitch In Time, that despite how competent Kim is she'd actually have never made it as a hero without Ron around. I'd also say Rufus probably needs a special feature or advantage to get a bonus to sabotage tech, I recall several times where he plays an important part in an episode by cutting a wire or ripping some part of a device out.
Yeah, that's the Luck Control thing- one of its effects is to bestow HP upon others. I'll re-watch A Sitch in Time tonight and see :).

I gave Rufus +2 to Technology to explain his "crawl into the security system and tear parts out of it" stunts. He's MUCH smarter than your typical rodent.

Also, I boosted KP's Persuasion to +10. Shamefully, I completely forgot about the "Puppy Dog Pout" effect :).
I think that the "Puppy Dog Pout" is an highly specialized application of Attractive.

As for Ron, my personal idea is that Ron (aside from those episodes that overplay his lazyness, like the science fair one) is usually tricky because he's intensely... normal. Lets look at some facts, even without all her gadgets, Kim is some spectacularly good at fighting supervillains, saving the world and so on, but she is pretty much clueless to a lot of more mundane situations (like cooking, driving or videogames). At the same time Ron is pretty much out of his depth when it comes to action hero stuff, surving almost on pure adrenaline fuelled survival instinct, but he is incredibly good at being a normal, clueless guy. He's also something of a social chameleon, being able to hang out with several different crowds with ease.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, watched A Sitch In Time. Best part: MILFish Bonnie.

Funny that they got Kelly Ripa and Vivica A. Fox to do like four lines each :).

Shego DOES go back in time to split up Team Possible... but at no point does Ron affect Kim's fighting- Shego just points out that they're a SOLID TEAM, which is why she broke them up. In fact, the first time Ron saves the day (against the Stone Gorilla), he more or less F's up his way to victory- he gets thrown next to a button and decides to push it out of curiosity (setting off the pre-established laser grid, which destroys the Gorilla). The NEXT time he saves the day, he plays his Hero Point and freaks out, tossing Drakken and actually startling SHEGO into running backwards, and he sets off a chain reaction (hey- his Area Damage Objects power! It's literal application :)!) which tumbles down Shego's lair's pillar structure, which ends up breaking the Time Monkey and saving the day.

So I am comfortable stating that Ron seems to have less Luck/Luck Control and more acts like a PL 6 doofus who Roleplays VERY well, and engages in the right tactics at the right time- typically by hording his Hero Points up until the last moment.

The movie also contains a fine use of the Puppy Dog Pout- persuading Monique (who would be unaffected by Kim's attractiveness) into going on a deadly mission with her.
Jabroniville

Mr. Dr. Possible

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

DR. JAMES POSSIBLE
Played By:
Gary Cole
Role: Cheery Dad, Overprotective Father
PL 2 (49), PL 5 (49) Rocket Scientist
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 4 (+11)
Investigation 1 (+4)
Perception 1 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 8 (+15)

Advantages:
Inventor

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Kim- Daughter)- Dr. P loves his daughter dearly, but is extremely overprotective. Unless she's on death-defying missions, then he's just casual about it. But DON'T TRY TO DATE HER.
Relationship (Jim & Tom- Sons)- The twins are named after him ("James Timothy Possible"), and he appreciates their spunkiness and genius. Even when they set fire to the yard.
Relationship (Ann- Wife)- They don't seem to fawn over each other, but are cheerful and respect each other as equals.
Accident (Leaning on Things)- James has a tendency to lean on things and activate them, like setting off the Hephaestus Rocket too early.
Disabled (Taxes)- Despite being a mathematical genius, Dr. P has trouble with his taxes.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (49)

-Mr. Possible saw a LOT more attention on the show than his lovely wife did, largely due to the fact that his job was more open to action-packed episodes- a literal Rocket Scientist, his work was frequently targetted by super-villains. It even turned out that his old college roommate turned into Dr. Drakken! Unlike a HUGE number of Disney shows, from the 2000s to today, neither parent character was a giant, mouth-breathing idiot who was constantly tortured (they're bad with that for both parents these days, but the 2000s saw a truly hideous example on The Proud Family, which was basically "Let's rip on the father figure" as a long-running TV series), though Dr. James Possible had some of the trappings- his overly-cheerful way of blowing off the twins' destructive inventions could kind of annoy Kim, as was his over-the-top nurturing way of raising her.

-For example, he'd call her his "Kimmie-cub" and overly-parent her whenever boys were involved- he'd stop badgering her with questions if the boy was "Just Ron", BUUUUUUUUUT in the one episode where she good Moodulated into crushing on Ron, Dr. P decided then was a good time to show him the precise manners in which you could throw someone into orbit. This becomes hilarious when you realize he has a casual disinterest in the fact that she FREQUENTLY RISKS HER LIFE AGAINST SUPER-VILLAINS. And the writers, thankfully, are in on the gag, having him go "IS IT WITH A BOY?" and be like "oh, okay, as long as it's not a boy" when she describes some kind of life-or-death mission.

-Dr. Possible is a bit tricky to figure out, because he doesn't invent things the way Wade and the Twins do- they all seem to respect his expertise, however, AND he built a super-robot ages ago in college, so I put him above them.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

In terms of naming the Possible family really has something of a problem, since all the kids share the name with their parents.
Kim's full name is Kimberly Anne Possible, so she has her mother's name as second name.
The twins are Timothy "Tim" and James "Jim", and their father is Dr. Timothy James Possible.

Just...weird.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm In terms of naming the Possible family really has something of a problem, since all the kids share the name with their parents.
Kim's full name is Kimberly Anne Possible, so she has her mother's name as second name.
The twins are Timothy "Tim" and James "Jim", and their father is Dr. Timothy James Possible.

Just...weird.
Eh, given there are a fair number of families that do the "Jr" and "III" and the like, I'm sure it's manageable. And that's nothing compared to George Foreman naming all five of his sons "George"...
Ken

Post by Ken »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:04 pm In terms of naming the Possible family really has something of a problem, since all the kids share the name with their parents.

Just...weird.
My middle name is the same as my dad's middle name. My sister's middle name is the same as my mum's sister's first name. My father's first name is the same as my paternal grandfather's first name. My dad's sister shares a first name with her mother. A couple of my cousins share a middle name with our grandfather. My first name is also used by one of my dad's first cousins.

Maybe your family doesn't recycle names. Doesn't make it weird that a TV family does.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Knew a family in grade school that took it an odd way
Mother was Ann Lee
Daughter was Lee Ann

Father was Robert John
Son was John Robert
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sticking on the fictional side of things, the Vorkosigan books by Lois McMaster-Bujold feature the Barrayaran empire, only recently moving out of feudalism, where the aristocrats name the firstborn son using the first names of paternal and maternal grandfathers and name the second son getting the middle names, which is noted in-setting to make reading the histories confusing because the same names keep popping up every few generations.