Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
M4C8

Re: Jab’s Builds (Deathstroke! The Fearsome Five! Doctor Light!)

Post by M4C8 »

Ken wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:50 pm Thundercats, Namor, JLU, Marvel Cosmic
This.. :)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:07 pm My top three preferences, in order:
  • Power Instinct - There were some really unique ideas in the game
  • Namor Builds - As the first superhero to fly in the comics, deserves more credit than he gets, plus it gives you a chance to stat out his ability to emulate a pufferfish. :-D
  • Way of the Warrior - Never played it, but I have a guilty fascination with it because one of the game magazines I got as a kid had an in-depth interview about the design of the characters and yes, it basically was friends of the developers rather than anyone professional.
Namor never looks puffy-- he is svelt! :P
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:59 pm Alrighty- I mostly have the next couple of months planned out, but I want to know what interests people in terms of the future. So it's time for my favorite thing- POLLS! Which of the following would you prefer to see first?

Fighting Games:
* Separating these from the non-Fighters this time around.
1) Way of the Warrior- 3DO's goonish MK knock-off.
2) Kasumi Ninja- The Jaguar's goonish MK knock-off.
3) Rise of the Robots- Pretty graphics- terrible game.
4) Power Instinct- Weird fighting game. Lots of old ladies.
5) TMNT Tournament Fighters- The Ninja Turtles in their own fighter.
6) Double Dragon V- Well, probably a re-posting of Double Dragon as a whole, plus Rage of the Dragons, a would-be sequel that had the characters swapped out.

Regular Builds:
1) Justice League Unlimited- The classic cartoon. I last statted it AGES ago, and it was one of my most popular sets ever. I really have nothing NEW to add about it, exactly, but it's fun to revisit.
2) Namor Builds- He's relevant again!
3) HBO's OZ & Rome- Again, very old builds that should be re-posted at some point.
4) Marvel's Cosmic Beings- Many of these still haven't been translated from the original ATT, actually!
5) Super Mario Builds- It's been more than five years, OMG!
6) ThunderCats- One of the last "big"-ish toylines I've yet to touch.
7) Fire Emblem- The classic tactical RPG. Well, the one I'VE played, anyhow- no way am I touching the entire series.
8) Shining Force I & II- The legendary Sega Genesis tactical RPGs! Centaurs, Elves, Werewolves and Dragons!

Well? Did you all enjoy my polls?
Hmm..Some pretty tough decisions for me, since I'd love to see all of the fighting games at some point (especially the crappy ones). Though first, probably Power Instinct (It's one of my favourite more obscure series, plus because of the size of it's roster it'd be better to get it out of the way earlier), Double Dragon (I'd like to see those builds posted again, as well as the fighting game exclusive chraacters. There's also a THIRD Double Dragon fighting game, simply called "Double Dragon" for the Neo Geo, and is, strangely enough, loosely based on the horrible live-action movie!) and TMNT Tournament Fighters, since it includes Karai and you never built her from what I recall, and some other cool characters like the shark guy, and even some weridos who never made it out of those games like the beetle guy, Sisyphus, from the Genesis version.

For the regular builds: Thundercats (even though that's mostly for Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, and SAFARI JOE!), Fire Emblem, and Shining Force. I would like to see the Mario builds reposted too, since there's some characters that could be added.
Spectrum

Re: Houngan

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:59 am -Houngan is a nasty little bugger, but a bit useless outside of this one ability- the number of guys who've mastered Magic AND Technology is so small that he's basically there with DOCTOR DOOM, but he's such a minor deal as a villain that his versatility comes at the expense of raw power- he can hurt people, but can't take the pain himself. Haha, my original build is so old it uses the "Pain" power (one of about a dozen powers that all get listed under "Affliction" these days, like Snare, Stun, Sleep and all sorts of other things- I can't even remember the whole list anymore)... but it's just Affliction these days.
So... take Forge, make him a villain and make him a Voodoo Man rather than being a Magical Indian?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Re: Jab’s Builds (Terra! Supergirls! Kyle Rayner! Mr. Twister!)

Post by Spectrum »

Goldar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:55 pm
Spam wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:33 pm
Goldar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:05 pm Mister Twister! Wasn't that a game! :lol:
Also a fishing lure.
And a song!

Er, uhm, no, that was the singer, Twisted Sister (Dee Snyder) of the Mister Twister! :lol:
No, there was a similar song- Twisted Transistor from Korn.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Goldar

Re: Jab’s Builds (Terra! Supergirls! Kyle Rayner! Mr. Twister!)

Post by Goldar »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:45 pm
Goldar wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:55 pm
Spam wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Also a fishing lure.
And a song!

Er, uhm, no, that was the singer, Twisted Sister (Dee Snyder) of the Mister Twister! :lol:
No, there was a similar song- Twisted Transistor from Korn.
Ah yes, Korn. I remember them!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Fire Emblem
Thundercats
JLU
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sword of Onens...give me sight beyond sight!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:00 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:07 pm My top three preferences, in order:
  • Power Instinct - There were some really unique ideas in the game
  • Namor Builds - As the first superhero to fly in the comics, deserves more credit than he gets, plus it gives you a chance to stat out his ability to emulate a pufferfish. :-D
  • Way of the Warrior - Never played it, but I have a guilty fascination with it because one of the game magazines I got as a kid had an in-depth interview about the design of the characters and yes, it basically was friends of the developers rather than anyone professional.
Namor never looks puffy-- he is svelt! :P
Never?

My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:07 pm
[*]Way of the Warrior - Never played it, but I have a guilty fascination with it because one of the game magazines I got as a kid had an in-depth interview about the design of the characters and yes, it basically was friends of the developers rather than anyone professional.[/list]
haha, was that VideoGames Magazine, by any chance? Because I'm very sure I had the same one! They had this conversation about how a developer's girlfriend played the one girl, but they broke up mid-game, and they were delighted that she still came back to finish the shooting :)!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I say Thundercats. Not particularly because I'm a fan so much as I just want to more variety and less reposts (no offense meant to your reposts)
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Way of the Warrior really is fascinating to me. Having played it myself, it's not really that fun to play, but it's still amusing to look at. Also, something I noticed with MK ripoffs: Just like MK did, they like to have the final boss ALSO be the fight announcer, a touch that I find pretty cool.
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

Wow! All good choices. I'd go with Namor( the first Vegeta!), but I love those Super Mario mooks.
NOT A REQUEST. Are you going to do the Mega Man mooks? I've been using Koopas for Dr Wily's jobbers. Just changed the fluff. Code Red from the Hulk book vs the Robot masters. Doc is also stealing fighters, looking to tap into Fighter's Spirit. Goku's a prisoner.
We need a Idea thread!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Doc chaos wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:27 pm Wow! All good choices. I'd go with Namor( the first Vegeta!), but I love those Super Mario mooks.
NOT A REQUEST. Are you going to do the Mega Man mooks? I've been using Koopas for Dr Wily's jobbers. Just changed the fluff. Code Red from the Hulk book vs the Robot masters. Doc is also stealing fighters, looking to tap into Fighter's Spirit. Goku's a prisoner.
We need a Idea thread!
Jab did make a bunch of Video Game Mook Templates that should be easily editable into Mega Man Mooks (I've even done so myself while messing around with stats), since well, there's definitely not enough time to stat every mook ever. (Though that did remind me that Mega Man 11 and it's new Robot Masters are out.)
Jabroniville

lol

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:42 pm
Doc chaos wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:27 pm Wow! All good choices. I'd go with Namor( the first Vegeta!), but I love those Super Mario mooks.
We need a Idea thread!
Jab did make a bunch of Video Game Mook Templates that should be easily editable into Mega Man Mooks (I've even done so myself while messing around with stats), since well, there's definitely not enough time to stat every mook ever. (Though that did remind me that Mega Man 11 and it's new Robot Masters are out.)
Yeah, I'm halfway done Mega Man 11- just watching Robot Master fights on YouTube.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.