Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Master of Vengeance

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 am

Teenage Ares went from laughing at Peter's misfortune to being very jealous of the guy in the space of a heartbeat. Stuff like this was funny, sexy and reminds me why Peter and MJ were infinitely better as a couple than Peter being single.
0_0

Damn, I'd have remembered THAT! I used to ogle my X-Force Annual all the time because Siryn was in her underwear for like three panels :).

That's a lot of nudity and suggestiveness for 1993 Marvel, though. I'm actually quite surprised that got in. Usually a woman is wearing a towel or something- even the skimpiest Psylocke scenes (of which there were MANY) included that sort of stuff.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Master of Vengeance

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:12 am
Ares wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 am

Teenage Ares went from laughing at Peter's misfortune to being very jealous of the guy in the space of a heartbeat. Stuff like this was funny, sexy and reminds me why Peter and MJ were infinitely better as a couple than Peter being single.
0_0

Damn, I'd have remembered THAT! I used to ogle my X-Force Annual all the time because Siryn was in her underwear for like three panels :).

That's a lot of nudity and suggestiveness for 1993 Marvel, though. I'm actually quite surprised that got in. Usually a woman is wearing a towel or something- even the skimpiest Psylocke scenes (of which there were MANY) included that sort of stuff.
Oh yeah, for Young Ares this was just about the sexiest thing I'd seen til then. Looking back, Peter and MJ were one of the few couples in comics shown to have a fairly active and healthy sex life, even in the 80s. Someone actually compiled some of their most notable moments, most of them from the 80s and early 90s. And it made sense. Sue and Reed had been together for a while, Lois and Clark were still in a "will they/won't they", but Peter and MJ? They were young newlyweds with a long history and a strong relationship. Of COURSE they were going to be going at it like rabbits.

As for the above scene, I think they got away with it largely because you can only really see MJ's bare back. These days you'd get a full shot of her butt and some side-boob thrown in as well, but the artist managed something that is sexy, suggestive, but still tasteful.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
M4C8

Re: Tomorrow Woman

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:50 am ImageImage

TOMORROW WOMAN
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Howard Porter
First Appearance: JLA #5 (May 1997)
Role: One-Shot Character
Group Affiliations: The Justice League of America
PL 11 (204)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 8 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Features 1: Appears As Human [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 12 [12]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]

"Telekinesis" Move Object 15 (Feats: Precise, Dynamic) (32) -- [36]
  • Dynamic AE: "Telepathy" Mind-Reading 11 Linked to Communication (Mental) 2 (Feats: Dynamic) (31)
  • Dynamic AE: TK Blast 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (29)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
TK Blast +8 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude --, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Killing the League)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 14 (204)

-Tomorrow Woman is the result of a neat little one-off story in Morrison's JLA tenure. She was created by some old-school unused villains (Dr. T.O. Morrow & Professor Ivo), who wanted to place her on the Justice League and betray them. However, they undergo the "android villain fights against her evil masters" thing that was old-hat in comics by that point, but in a brilliant twist, THAT WAS THE POINT- while Ivo was horrified and PO'd, Morrow was ecstatic- THIS had been his master-stroke all along. "Don't you see?? She's being GOOD!"- she'd established a brain so perfect she was able to develop free will and COUNTER her programming. She sacrifices herself to save the League, proving both her worth as a hero, and the extent of Morrow's genius.

-Naturally, later writers could not let this story lie, and so she returned in the short-lived Trinity series after some timeline alterations, and popped up in a few more books here and there. She is a Reporter named Clara Kendall, and becomes a true human at the end of the story thanks to some stuff, but never reappears.

-Tomorrow Woman is yet another "mole" character that becomes funny when you think of all the times she out-bluffs BATMAN- that's a LOT of successful Deception checks. She's a standard TK/Telepath character, fitting the X-Men more than the Justice League, really. She's powerful enough to join them and fit right in, with some serious Power Stunts written in here and there (like her & J'onn reading the minds of a Planet or something).
How does an android have telekinesis? does she have an organic brain? (which I suppose would technically make her a cyborg)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

M4C8 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:50 am Image

TOMORROW WOMAN
Created By:
How does an android have telekinesis? does she have an organic brain? (which I suppose would technically make her a cyborg)
No, she originally was 100% technological, albeit with a body that could simulate being organic so well none of the Justice League noticed anything off about her. She was considered the peak of what T.O. Morrow and Prof. Ivo could create together in terms of a human-like artificial being. Still, she was entirely synthetic with no organic parts, though she was brought back in Trinity she supposedly got turned into a flesh and blood being as well.

As for how an machine can have telekinesis or telepathy (which does usually require an organic brain for psychic stuff), Ivo was the guy who designed Amazo, I wouldn't be surprised if they just used similar Power Copy technology to get the abilities they wanted from someone like Brainwave or a similar psychic and then just ramped the power up.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:07 pm
M4C8 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:50 am Image

TOMORROW WOMAN
Created By:
No, she originally was 100% technological, albeit with a body that could simulate being organic so well none of the Justice League noticed anything off about her. She was considered the peak of what T.O. Morrow and Prof. Ivo could create together in terms of a human-like artificial being. Still, she was entirely synthetic with no organic parts, though she was brought back in Trinity she supposedly got turned into a flesh and blood being as well.

As for how an machine can have telekinesis or telepathy (which does usually require an organic brain for psychic stuff), Ivo was the guy who designed Amazo, I wouldn't be surprised if they just used similar Power Copy technology to get the abilities they wanted from someone like Brainwave or a similar psychic and then just ramped the power up.
Tractor beam?
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

She could be like the replicants from Blade Runner; a synthetic organism that simulates life to the point of more or less being a form of life, and thus able to adequately simulate psionic powers.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that artificial brains being advanced enough to develop mental powers does have precedent in science ficiton itself; several robots from Isaac Asmiov's stories developed mental powers.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Mega Man 11! Triumph! The Ray! The Punisher!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

{nods} And unless you assume that psychic powers source from a soul (and you assume that a talented roboticist couldn't simulate that), then all it takes is the roboticist simulating a human psychic brain to do the same thing as the organic form in whatever form psychic powers really take.

Which, of course, means magic isn't out of question either...
Jabroniville

Jigsaw

Post by Jabroniville »

JIGSAW (Billy "The Brute" Russo)
Created By:
Len Wein & Ross Andru
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #162 (Nov. 1976)
Role: The Punisher's Own Personal Punching Bag, Crimeboss
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 9 (130)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 11 (+13)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 5 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Knife), Improved Critical (Firearms), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Second Chance (Being Shot to Death), Second Chance (Falling to His Death), Startle

Equipment:
"Arsenal"
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (20) -- (25)
  • AE: "Rifle Shot" Blast 7 (14)
  • AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Shotgun" Damage 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (10.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Knife +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Rifle +11 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Automatic Rifle +9 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Shotgun & Grenades +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Enemy (The Punisher)- Ever since Frank Castle threw Billy Russo through a plate glass window, the once-handsome killer has been obsessed with revenge.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (130)

-Last posted when I did the "J" builds, it'd been a LONG while before that when I last statted him. Jigsaw is basically The Punisher's only TRUE recurring nemesis, especially once The Kingpin moved permanently to Daredevil's Rogues Gallery. Given a Batman-esque origin story (he was pretty, but became ugly), he's about the only guy Frank HASN'T killed permanently over the years. Well, he died ONCE, but was resurrected, because it's comics. It's a little funny to think that THE PUNISHER of all people has a recurring nemesis, but hell, the guy's gotta have SOMEBODY to fight again and again. Lord knows the lack of a recurring Rogues Gallery is one of the key problems with the "Kill Your Opponents" type of super-hero- he either kills all of his opponents or he looks totally incompetent.

-Jigsaw has a pretty "Metal" origin- he was a handsome hitman named "The Beaut" for his good looks, known for brutalizing his family (once forcing his son to drown newborn kittens!). He went against the Punisher, who threw the pretty boy through a plate-glass window, ruining his face for all time- this gave him a "jigsaw-puzzle"-like expression that gave him a new name. A vengeful "Jigsaw" then tries to frame the Punisher for a murder (why FRAME him? The man routinely commits murders on a daily basis! You gotta MAKE ONE UP?), but Spider-Man & Nightcrawler saved the day. Yes, oddly enough, the Punisher's main recurring nemesis debuted only a couple of years after Frank did, TEN YEARS before the Punisher got a solo book.

-Jigsaw went on to become one of Frank's only recurring nemeses, always plotting things from behind the scenes. He once drugged Frank into killing people for things as minor as littering in the first Limited Series, and later joined up with Rev. He had his face healed by the faith-healing-demon-worshipper, but was promptly shot and killed. Rev resurrected him thanks to the Demon Lord Belasco, but Jigsaw is brutally attacked and re-scarred by the Punisher by story's end. He and Frank encounter each other in prison, but the Punisher escapes after getting scarred himself.

-At one point, Jigsaw grew furious when the Punisher was sentenced to death, but was overjoyed at Frank's reappearance. Then tried to kill him. In modern times, he showed up on The Raft during a super-villain break-out, and filmed his and the Hood's torture of Tigra after she dealt him a humiliating defeat following a robbery. He was actually one of the Hood's top goons during this time, and appears a fair bit after that, once brainwashing a guy into being a Mini-Punisher, then teaming with a similarly-disfigured guy as "The Jigsaw Brothers". He later killed the guy after hiring Lady Gorgon to disguise herself as one of Castle's family members. Despite numerous attempts by Frank to kill his enemy, Jigsaw has reappeared time and time again, being seemingly impossible to kill. He gets a fair bit of play as a recurring nemesis, but is used sparingly (every handful of years) in The Punisher, likely to keep Frank looking credible and not make it too weird that Jigsaw keeps surviving. Also, Jigsaw isn't really a great thinker or a schemer- he's just a violent thug that Frank can beat on.

-Jigsaw is a PL 9 Gunfighter type of dude, excelling in All-Out Attacks and scaring people, though he's not quite at Frank's level overall (better with a Knife, though). Like most good Villains, he wears Frank down with tons of Mooks, THEN goes and tries to kill him. Or he just escapes. He's a streetwise sort of fellow as well. His penchant for being unkillable is enough that I actually threw it into his "Second Chance" Advantages- a dude who is a recurring villain of the hero who specializes in executing all of his foes had better have SOMETHING.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Re: Jab’s Builds (Mega Man 11! Triumph! The Ray! The Punisher!)

Post by M4C8 »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 pm {nods} And unless you assume that psychic powers source from a soul (and you assume that a talented roboticist couldn't simulate that), then all it takes is the roboticist simulating a human psychic brain to do the same thing as the organic form in whatever form psychic powers really take.

Which, of course, means magic isn't out of question either...
Ah yes, the classic 'A wizard did it' ;)
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

The Mortician

Post by Jabroniville »

THE MORTICIAN (Toussaint Murrow)
Created By:
John Wagner & Phil Gascaoine
First Appearance: The Punisher- Die Hard in the Big Easy (1992)
Role: One-Off Foe
PL 7 (98)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Religion) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 7 (Arsenal), Ranged Attack 5

Equipment:
"Guns" Blast 4 (8)
"Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
"Automatic Weapons" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (11)
"Grenades" Blast 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (17)
"Poisoned Darts in Cane" Weaken Strength 8 (Extras: Ranged, Progressive +2) (Diminished Range -1, Must Pierce Skin) (30)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Guns +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Automatic Weapons +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (The Punisher)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (98)

-The Mortician was a voodoo practitioner who was hired by a New Orleans crimeboss to stop the Punisher. A clever man, he distracted Frank with some big talk before calmly firing a surprise "poison dart" into the vigilante's neck. Frank nearly escaped, but soon passed out, at which point the Mortician revealed his plan- to bury the Punisher alive, then raise him as a zombie. Frank was doomed, but a local managed to locate and free him- the Punisher killed the Mortician's boss and his men, then fought the killer on his riverboat hideout, which soon burned. The Moritician was KO'd by the butt of Frank's gun, then buried alive in his own coffin- Frank taunted him that if he was as good as he said he was, then he'd have no problems escaping.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Tomorrow Woman! The Ray! The Punisher! Jigsaw!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

That guy looks an awful lot like Baron Samedi (and also Dr. Facilier). But then, I guess it's inevitable with voodoo guys like this.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, it’s a pretty generic Character Archetype. And I mean, you gonna waste an original character design on a guy you’re just going to kill that same issue?

More bizarre is the ruby-red lips he has in the cover of that issue.
Jabroniville

The Clansman

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CLANSMAN (Duncan Ferguson)
Created By:
Alan Grant & John Wagner
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel- Punisher- Blood on the Moors (Dec. 1991)
Role: Possessed Weapon-User, Vigilante
PL 8 (108)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+10)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Detective) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 6 (+9)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Detective Rank), Improved Critical (Sword), Ranged Attack 3, Takedown 2

Powers:
"The Sword of Scotia" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 6) (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sword of Scotia +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Scotland)- The Sword of Scotia appears in times of Scotland's need.
Power Loss (Sword Strike)- The Sword of Scotia may not harm an innocent. The Clansman will draw back his blade should an innocent get in his way.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 12 (108)

-This odd character only appeared once- in a 1991 Graphic Novel (man, when did they stop making those?) featuring the then-wildly-popular Punisher. Centuries ago, a Scotsman named Ian Og and his entire clan fell because they were "not great friends of the King", and slaughtered by a rival clan. Og's blade, the Sword of Scotia, is enabled by his spirit to possess someone should Scotland require his aid- the current "Clansman" is a Detective named Donald Ferguson, who uses the sword to fight drug dealers. He fights the Punisher while attempting to slaughter a crime boss- Frank wants the man for questioning. The two brawl, but eventually team up. Frank is captured and forcefed a lethal dose of cocaine, but the Clansman appears, curing him with ancient herbs. He then attacks a criminal summit, killing most, but being stalled when an innocent man gets in the way of his blade- the man's criminal son shoots the Clansman dead, but not before he throws the Sword of Scotia through him.

-The Clansman was good enough that he could tangle with Frank Castle for a while, and his sword was lethal to Mooks, but he was decidedly mortal- cut down by gunfire.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

"There can be only one!"

..Now I'm wondering if there's any Highlander comics.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:52 am "There can be only one!"

..Now I'm wondering if there's any Highlander comics.
I am 99% certain there are. Hell, there was both a Highlander animated series (terrible) and a Highlander anime (decent-ish).