Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Builds! (Santerians! Siege! Strong Guy! Schizoid Man! Miles Morales!)

Post by catsi563 »

Rio morales Miles mom Ultimate Spidey cartoon

And

From the comic

Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Thanks for the build Jab. I promise you won't get any more requests from me for a long time. :)

I like Miles Morales. Between his everyman attitude/problems, his occasional J.D. daydreams, and his humor his book has been really fun to read. I also liked his response towards a Spider-fan blogger who stressing how great it is to have a black Spider-man, because she was focusing more on his skin color than his actions. Couldn't help but to wonder if it was a jab at the too PC crowd. :lol:
Formerly luketheduke86
scc

Re: Surgeon General

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

THE SURGEON GENERAL (Angela Kutter)
Created By:
Daniel G. Chichester & Scott McDaniel
First Appearance: Daredevil #305 (June 1992)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (94)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Treatment 5 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 5 (Deadly Medical Gear), Improved Critical (Scalpels), Fast Grab, Quick Draw, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Equipment:
"Scalpels" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Precise, Improved Critical) (3)
"Scalpel Toss" Blast 3 (Extras: Multiattack) (9)
"Needle Full of Stuff" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Cumulative) (Inaccurate -1, Not To Anyone Over Toughness 6) (10)
"Bone Saw" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting) (Inaccurate -1) (3)
"Anesthetic Gas" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Cumulative) (18)
"Gas Mask" (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Scalpel +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Scalpel Toss +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Needle +8 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Bone Saw +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Anesthetic Gas +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Angela sells organs on the black market.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (94)

-The Surgeon General is one of the most insane characters created in the early '90s- a woman who trolls bars & dance clubs to find victims, who she then butchers and harvests to sell their organs on the black market. In a world where China does that to Falun Gong practicioners, I find that a questionable business strategy. And plus, you could just go to some poor country to find vulnerable people and weaker police forces- she targets NEW YORK CITY for this stuff? Never mind that she's obviously got the medical expertise to run her own lucrative practice. It's bizarre. In any case, Angela Kutter (... really?) was doing this for a bit, but got captured by Spider-Man & Daredevil after accidentally cutting herself with her own blade- DD saved her life, then took her to jail, unraveling her black market operation.

-A ludicrous, one-off villain like this only deserves PL 7 status, though that Bone Saw can do some nasty damage. A Scalpel is just like a Knife, but has Precise, owing to its finer blade. Also she can throw them (I question how effective a teeny blade like that would be as a throwing weapon, but it'd at least hurt like a bitch). Also she can use knock-out gas (which nearly got DD killed one time) and a needle full of God knows what. Thanks to scc who did a build of her on the old forum, which I had to give her.
Thanks for the props Jab. Yeah she a crazy character. She must have had that new villain stink when she was able to give DD and Spidey problems.
Jabroniville

Steel Wind

Post by Jabroniville »

STEEL WIND (Ruriko Tsumura, aka Steel Vengeance)
Created By:
J.M. DeMatteis & Bob Budiansky
First Appearance: Ghost Rider II #75 (Dec. 1982)
Role: Mirror Image Villain (with the bike and all), '80s Cyborg
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Artist) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+5)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)
Vehicles 12 (+14) -- Flaws: Limited to Ground Vehicles

Advantages: 
Equipment 11 ('90s-Style Guns, Frickin' Sweet New Bike), Favored Environment (On Bike), Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery (Vehicles), Ultimate Vehicles Skill

Powers:
"Cybernetic Body"
Power Lifting 1 (6 tons) [1]
Protection 3 [3]
"Wolverine Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
"Red Eye" Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Ranged Attack 4 [4]
Features 2: Can Control Her Motorcycle From Afar [2]

Equipment:
"Liefeldian Guns" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)

"Sweet Cybernetic Motorbike" (Base Cost: 10) (Total Cost: 37)
Size: Medium
Strength: 3 (2)
Speed 7 (240 mph) (1)
Defense 10
Toughness 9 (1)

Weapons:
"Laser Beams" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21) -- (23)
  • AE: "Whirlwinds" Move Object 6 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Flaws: Limited to Away from Centre) (9)
  • AE: "Heat-Seeking Missiles" Blast 8 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet) (19)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Claws +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Liefeldian Guns +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Bike Missiles +10 (+7-8 Ranged Damage, DC 22-23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Others' Bidding)
Responsibility- Steel Wind's cybernetics and alliance with villains have basically eroded her soul.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 15 (122)

-Steel Wind was initially created as a foe of Johnny "Ghost Rider" Blaze- a freak explosion had nearly ended this young artist's life, and a mysterious guy named "Freakmaster" turned her into a cyborg- she was honor-bound to serve him. She took over Blaze's carnival in a motorcycle contest, works its performers into the ground, and is defeated in the subsequent match-up, hitting her with Hellfire. She is rebuilt by her sister and some other bad guys, but doesn't get up to much- she appears in The Superia Stratagem as one of many aimless female super-villains under Superia's charge, and is also mentioned during another Captain America story- the Red Skull has a personal "Scourge of the Underworld" who is trying to kill super-villains... but he is executed for his failure at killing both Steel Wind and... heh-heh... the Gamecock. So yeah, she was so obscure by this point that only Mark Gruenwald was getting any use out of her- she even attempts to collect a bounty on some of the ex-Serpent Society dames.

-Despite her appearance, she WASN'T created in the 1980s... not that she didn't get an uber-'90s UPGRADE (with a three-wheeled Mad Max-type spike-wheeled motorcycle that looks like something someone would create to PARODY the '90s, to boot!), but still, that's some ahead-of-it's-time-iness right there. She showed up for the '90s Ghost Rider series a couple of times, and would later join forces with Blaze against a mutual enemy.

-Steel Wind's an elite driver, and has Favored Environment on her bike (making her PL 10 in that regard, but she's officially PL 9 since it no longer modifies official caps), as well as numerous Powers built into it. Still, it's just a bike, and it's not that pricey as a result. Her Cybernetics boost various traits (even her Ranged Attack, making it +10 overall).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, not going to lie, I kind of stopped bothering with the Ultimate Spiderman when I heard they killed off Peter.
Which was a crying shame, they seemed to be creating a nice little super powered team of supporting characters.

And considering I'd heard that they created Miles just because Bendis took umbrage to somebody saying "Spiderman can't be black" and decided to off the main character to replace him with another just 'cause... yeah, I just didn't see that ending well.

According to everybody else, apparently it was good. Huh.

Truth of the matter is that I have one problem, one major problem with Miles and it is a big one: He needs his own identity.

Peter Parker is Spiderman for... pretty much the vast majority of the world. I can't help but think it would help him if he had his own name to use, rather than just going by Spiderman and kind of getting lost in the mix to the mainstream media.

... That being said, having their own name didn't work out so well for the Scarlet Spider so what the hell do I know anyways? ;~)
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

At least he isn't stuck with as stupid a moniker as "Spider-Gwen."
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote:At least he isn't stuck with as stupid a moniker as "Spider-Gwen."
Well, her ACTUAL name is "Spider-Woman"- that's just the snappy name they came up with for the title of the book.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote:Rio morales Miles mom Ultimate Spidey cartoon

And

From the comic

I have this... SUDDEN and unexplained urge to read more Spider-Miles books...
Jabroniville

Slyde

Post by Jabroniville »

SLYDE (Jalome Beacher)
Created By:
Tom DeFalco & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #272 (Jan. 1986)
Role: Jobber Villain, Eel Rip-Off
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil
PL 7 (67)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+9)
Insight 2 (+3)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Evasion 2, Improved Defense

Powers:
"Slyde Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
"Sliding Over Land" Speed 4 (30 mph) (4)
Protection 1 (1)
"Cannot Be Grabbed" Immunity 5 (Ensarement Effects) (5)
-- (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 Costume, +4 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 13 (67)

-I don't know what's worse- that there's a costumed super-villain out there whose power is to SLIDE, or the fact that he's actually a RIP-OFF of other, BETTER villains! Two Eels have come down the pike with the same power-sets, and yet we have Slyde, the Generic Scientist Whose One Invention Was Stolen And Is Now a Thief. That's happened HOW many times in comics now? Seriously- shame on you, Tom DeFalco. The truly hilarious thing is the guy's track-record: After hassling Spidey once, he got killed not ONCE, but TWICE, in separate jobbings- once to Elektra, and once to Hammerhead's goon "Underworld". BOTH TIMES, the next writer forgot about it (way to not even check Wikipedia, dudes) and just used Slyde again, necessitating a "my stepbrother was wearing that costume while I was in jail" and "we dunno who the guy in the suit is now". THAT, my friends, is a true Jobber.

-Slyde is basically The Eel, minus whatever made The Eel stand out. He can't be grabbed by anyone (which kind of buggers Spider-Man specifically), but he can't hit for beans either. He's PL 7 on defense, and a measly PL 4.5 on offense- truly among the worst of the worst. In other words, perfect for a guy who's been killed twice in nothing stories.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Skreet! Shadow King! Santerians! Siege! Strong Guy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote:Oh yeah, I just remembered one more obscure "S" Marvel character - Smokescreen. They're from an anti-smoking PSA, of all things. (And it got remade!)

I wasn't sure if they were actually in continuity, but the Appendix says they are? I dunno if that's enough info to stat him, but basically his power is to generate smoke to asphyxiate/blind people.
Oddly, I'd never heard of this one, and I thought I'd seen ALL of the clumsily-written PSA Comics Marvel came out with. He and one last guy will take up the "S" section's final day tomorrow. This has been a fun little set- a few builds of major characters (Storm, Kitty Pryde), a hell of a lot of Jobbers, and filling out the ranks of the others who've somehow slipped through the cracks over the years. Thanks again to Spectrum for giving me the list of "guys I haven't statted yet", plus sorting through some of them to take out guys who I wouldn't consider notable enough. Every once in a while, I'd find a guy who had too little on him, was a generic Wizard, or perhaps fit another set (Sandra Verdugo is apparently a Hulk character and can go when I do that set, for example), but he really did a helluva job narrowing it down. At 25 days of builds, this was one of the bigger sets left- A, B, C & M are all around that scope or larger. Eventually, I can really say I've statted EVERY Marvel character of even a tiny amount of importance.

After that, there's some re-posting, as I wanted to "spam out" the Young X-Men characters, largely because I kept finding that every letter of the alphabet had some of these guys in it, and like the Imperial Guard, I just felt like getting them all out of the way at once instead of lazily plopping some of them down in between more-important ones for the "Marvel Alphabet" builds I've been doing. As 95% of these characters haven't changed since I last posted them (as most of them are DEAD), it'll be a quick thing, with maybe a couple days set aside for the most important characters.

Then of course there's the Alpha Flight builds I was promising. A "Spamming" of the forgettable guys, and some more slowly-posted "important" members, many of whom are deserving of more elaborate commentaries than I'd given them previously.

However, BEFORE all that, there's a few days set aside for some builds I'm doing as a favor to Kreuzritter, who said he wanted these for his neice, who's a fan of the show. Since they're on-theme to superheroes, relevant to some past builds, is something I've talked about on here before (off and on), AND Kreuz is responsible for me getting into M&M and thus this entire thread (well, four threads, now), I'll allow it. And really... this place tends to get quiet around Christmas, and people won't be paying as much attention anyways. Not as much as American Thanksgiving (which is f*cking INSANE- I have seen Roll Call/my thread utterly go DEAD- absolutely DEAD- for an entire two days surrounding that, no less than a half-dozen times), but pretty quiet.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I find it interesting that, prominently on the board of the board game Marvel Legendary, the image they use for "The Bank" is that image of Slyde above.

Mind you, he's not actually *in* the game at all, but his picture is there for loads of people to look at and say, "who the hell is that?"
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

As a note about Slyde - The Marvel Universe Wiki says he has used a katana and shuriken as well, but isn't particularly skilled with them.
badpenny

Re: Miles Morales

Post by badpenny »

Jabroniville wrote: SPIDER-MAN II (Miles Morales)

The Powers of Miles:
-Miles is pretty much like a 1970s-era Spider-Man- skilled and with great powers, but not as elite as Peter Parker is as of today. His Spider-Sense is a little weaker than Peter's, but he gains Camouflage (even while wearing clothes), and a "Venom Sting" that works as an Unreliable Blast or a Paralyzing Touch attack, giving him a different set of options than Peter (which I kinda like- it separates them a bit, rather than making Miles a mere clone). Otherwise, he's PL 8-9 in range, as he's less-experienced than Peter is by a WIDE margin.

Jab, I don't see the mechanics for his camouflage in his build. I'd put it as something as simple as Hide in Plain Sight or actual Blending.

Did they upgrade his Venom Sting/Blast? I don't recall it being ranged or doing the conductive thing? I haven't read the books since the Ultimate run.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

KorokoMystia wrote:As a note about Slyde - The Marvel Universe Wiki says he has used a katana and shuriken as well, but isn't particularly skilled with them.
He created the 'ninja' version of his costume and carried weapons as part of a mid-life crises, I don't think he even trained to use them.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I really prefer the older costume for Slyde, something clever in the simplicity.

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.